How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Attached: Face The Facts.jpg (970x865, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_fighting_games
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Arcade_gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't

Terry has until November, chill.

Like the average age demographic for smash bros is between ages 8 to 15

Literally no one knows who the fuck Terry is despite whatever snk fags think

Are you ok?

Old and out of place.
The general bad reaction to Terry, such an icon, is surreal to me. Same with Hero.
I always thought that people asking for absolute shit like Waluigi, Sans or other wacky no names was ironic shitposting, but this revealed opened my eyes.

Attached: 1564400207560.jpg (414x451, 53K)

what? one is a zoomer meme and the other is a fighter pick

Is it that hard to accept that no one knows who this character is?

Smashfags didn't even know what Dragon Quest was

Attached: 1452833099671.jpg (607x436, 20K)

I like terry but it's really funny how fucking excited everyone got over a freaking mii costume. Plus that sexy megalovania remix

Attached: 1567662417135.png (1137x1169, 951K)

Don't feel much about it since I never played Undertale and didn't really get into SNK fighting games, I'm glad fans got some sort or representation at least.

Zoomers gonna zoom

Maybe Terry shouldn't have been a fucking literally who. I fucking hate Undertale but at least I've heard of it.

I saw a Joker doing his final smash to a Sans mii, it was fucking surreal

Why would I care. I got a character I know and love despite them not being that popular and a shitty meme character got a costume. Everyone wins.

Feels good coz it shows no matter how many twitterfags with pronouns on their bios rant, their character gets deconfirmed. Meanwhile terrychads will get to have a character to look forward to playing and possibly winning EVO.

Smash was always tumblr as fuck, so I'm not suprised

Attached: 1566130350180.gif (607x609, 762K)

Half the cast is fucking literally who that's saved by being in Smash

Terry is not and has never been important, KoF has fought tooth and nail for relevancy since its exception and only Latin Americans think otherwise. You are living in a bubble.

>big internet meme pick gets all the attention
This would have happened no matter who the 4th DLC fighter was.

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260K)

> tumblr as fuck
Ok user, you're trying too hard now

>still made it into smash
You're obviously wrong, or you think Sakurai just wanted to please latin players?

Understandable. While Terry has a bigger legacy than Undertale, you can't deny that that game has been spotlighted and memed into current indie/meme/videogame culture multiple times.

It's because it doesn't look like a mii costume except the arm I guess
Could easily have been the model for a standalone fighter

>A new trendy videogame that appeals to modern audiences gets more attention than one that’s old
Well yeah

Protected

>Ignoring all of Asia

This is why I am glad Sakurai doesn't make it direct ballot.

YOU don't know it. You're not a majority.

I'm not upset about nobody recognizing Terry, I came to accept when the SNK leak started circulating that regardless of who it was 95% of the smash cult would let out a derisive "who?"
I'm not upset about Sans being popular. Undertale is a good game.
I'm upset that people are treating Terry like a joke and acting like a mii costume is the hugest news of the last six months.

Attached: 1524168277320.png (498x716, 773K)

>Rabid fanbase vs regular fanbase

>character from meme game that all the furries and tumblrtards love has more likes on twitter than a character from a fighting game with a dedicated audience

Why would that surprise anyone?

Yeah, that's obviously why he was added to Smash, because he's a nobody with 0 relevancy.
Same with Hero, it's obvious no one likes him because Yea Forums didn't talk about Dragon Quest.

It's legitimately an Americans thing.

DQ isn't popular here. KOF isn't popular here. Undertale has brand recognition (and it's new).

>a second wave of dlc
That's all I care about right now. Pretty annoyed, honestly.

Bayonetta and Joker both got into Smash.

I'm sure this would have happened with any character, even Doomguy

I know. If you told me this was just a regular sans model I'd believe you

Attached: smashing good time.jpg (900x506, 110K)

OP's twitter screenshot says otherwise. Faggot.

*inception

nooo these characters are nobodies because my zoomer ass has never heard of them

That's because all Fire Emblem characters melt into a collective anime goop if you leave them in the sun for too long.

>>still made it into smash
He's not the first nobody to make it in. He's preceded by Joker, Bayonetta, a few shillmon, and a half dozen FE literally whos. Not a high bar and I don't care for any bitching Yea Forumsirgin responses about how Joker or Bayonetta are totally gayming icons.

I have been browsing this board for 10 years. I have some retarded FGC friends that don't shower often and claim Tekken is a good game. My knowledge of video games is better than any people I work with. I am 29 years old and my first console was a super nintendo. I have never, EVER heard of "Terry Bogard" in my entire life. Fuck you guys for pretending this is a zoomer thing

This is what i dont understand. Ive been gaming for ever and i always keep track of new games on lal consoles and i always keep up to date with gaming news. I know of DQ and i knew of the hero from DQ11, especially because he was shown in the direct before the e3 one. It was fucking obvious yet everyone was dumbfounded on who the character was. It angers me because so many fucking baby screecher youtubers should know about him because they watched the last nintendo direct so they fucking saw him.

If your either a major videogame fan who follows gaming news or are a fucking nintendo tuber or any other type of gaming tuber you should fucking know who these fucking characters are.

>smashfags don't play fighting games
is anyone surprised by this?

So did Ice Climber and Mother

Why should I feel anything?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twitter

It makes me fucking infuriated that you take this metric in value you fucking retarded loser.

Attached: DUW7vEqWkAEuvMR.png (1040x1172, 206K)

SNK is one of the least played fighters with a very niche fan base. No one saw it coming, and no one asked for it. Even soul calibur has a larger audience. That is the honest truth.

see

>I have been browsing this board for 10 years
Clearly you haven't newfag

Nobody asked for your fucking life story you fucking loser.

Why didn’t they just make sans into an actual character? You think they regret it now?

Both reveals were cool. Stop trying to start some random argument.

Imagine having video game as a hobby but having 0 knowledge about it.

>if instead of joker there was any another character that represents SMT/Persona/Atlus no one would have recognized it
>50% didn't knew not only luminary but even less 3,4 and 8
>most don't know who terry is

fucking smash fags i swear, i bet most of them grew up in the early 2000s

Attached: owlhouse.jpg (1080x1157, 89K)

Fucking based

Fuck Hat Ken

>Omg no one knows who Terry is so he sucks
>btw I want Porky to get in xD
Faggots

dedicated audiences don't mean DOGSHIT to companies
bring the money or fuck off

Nintendont is so out of touch it hurts

Games smash fanboys play without smash inducing them:

Platformers
Mario spin offs
Baby rpgs
Cult games re released by nintendo.

Games smash fanboys refuse to play unless smash induces them:

First party games from other consoles
Fighting games
50 hours+ RPGs
Games with cinematography

I'm 30 years old. I know what SNK is. I know what a Neo-Geo is. I know what Fatal Fury is. I know who Terry Bogard is.

I still don't give a shit and think he is a boring ass choice. Not surprising that people who know even less than me don't care either.

They've put Metal Slug. Imagine the possibilities of play style and the OSTs

Don't get into their shitpost I know how you feel. We just never played mame outside plataformers or spend too much money into arcade. That is why. I knew Terry but not by name since I just thought it was another generic fighter.

Cant say some fighter from a fighting game no one cares about that has a boring moveset is "exciting" Ryu and Ken have a fun moveset. SNK has plenty of interesting fighters to choose from, but they choose the boring poster child of the franchise instead...

never liked traditional fighting games. Terry's reveal made feel the same thing I did feel during Ryu's and Ken's announcement: Indifference.

Attached: 1377818260059.png (432x494, 10K)

Why the fuck do you think anyone cares about your shitty diary entry

Funny since Ness is the most literally who character in Smash while tumblr circlejerked his skeleton version

Oh no! Video game character A is more popular than video game character B! MY LIFE IS OVER

>I'm more popular and got cucked out of my roster spot by some literally who spic character
Why are Sansbros bragging about cucked? I don't get it.

Attached: fuck yeah, I'm proud of being a costume.png (541x600, 401K)

Your friends only play tekken and dont know shit, you clearly have never even touched an SNK game before so that says a lot about your "video game knowledge"
Pretty much anyone here would have more vidya knowledge than their normalfag coworkers who probably average around 40 years old.
Sorry friend, but you have mindset of zoomer. "It wasnt my nostalgia so it's not nostalgia!"

Captain Falcon’s moveset was inspired by KoF. I wish there were more characters with cool moves like him and Ganon. Glad Terry is in.

You've never played MUGEN? Watched Saltybet? Heard anyone talk about the Neogeo? Don't buy it.

No one would care about Ness, Lucas, or Falcon if they were Ultimate newcomers

This. I am 29. Any other vharacter from SNK would be a more interesting choice. But whatever, they always put the face of the series, you know, the generic chracter.

Most people only know who he is because of memes. Unless you live in Mexico, no one plays KoF or Fatal Fury.

This happens to me with every swordsman anime character.

indifferent, social media is mostly for zoomers and marketeers

youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io

>Shitendo is losing money by listening to Sakushit instead of the fans

FUCKING LOL EAT SHIT NINTENDO

>a gay zoomer meme shitpost character is trending
shocker

I can name 8 other fighters in SNK that would be amazing in smash. They picked the most boring and generic of them. Sorry it's just such a fucking retarded choice.

Why bother with making the bios work on the pc when tere were easier games to play?

I probably know less about video games than you and even I know who Terry Bogard was, at least in passing.

Great since i don't use Twitter and this confirms i did the right decision.

Attached: closeenough.jpg (427x300, 16K)

Terry isn't very interesting. Should have got Rugal instead.

Attached: 1547484859511.jpg (1024x1024, 67K)

Yeah, nah. If we had ANY of the highly autisticly reposted picks, they'd still get recognition. Imagine Reimu getting in, she'd be a bigger deal than Sans.

this board has literal tumblr-tier "smash headcanon threads" that hit the bump limit on a regular basis.

Attached: 1566762965244.jpg (503x337, 23K)

twitter has more autistic teenagers who grew up on the internet than old boomer nerds who grew up in the arcades in the 90s
who knew

terry is like adding mai, it has never been the main face of IMPORTANT snk games, but is popular so he is in.

Most kids that play smash and use twitter have no idea who Terry is.

Now fuck off.

are you ok?

Woah I can’t believe people care more about a character that was highly requested than a character that wasn’t.

It’s the same thing as Banjo getting more of a response than Ryu from Street Fighter.

Shut up, as much as I hate fucking Sakushit, at least he hasn't put in minecraft shit YET. If it were to the fans you know Steve was going in.

I always hear this but upon further inspection there is no other character that is popular enough AND would work as a viable character in game.

Attached: 1567395221645.jpg (1586x987, 463K)

how many banjo had?
asking for a friend.

Attached: 1540769147220.png (732x852, 186K)

>He says in a game withe Roy, Ice Climbers, Ness, and R.O.B.

makes sense. Terry is more than 20 years old and from fightan. Sans is from a wildly successful indie that came out pretty recently.

Joker and Bayonetta are shill pics alongside the FE characters.
Terry has literally nothing to be advertising for.

like a million likes in furaffinity, tumblr and whatever shit furries conglomerate into.

well since ive been sick of smash for months now, nothing really

Attached: paulwalker.png (340x408, 283K)

>only Latin Americans think otherwise
and eastern europeans and east asians, A.K.A the only demographics worth caring about, everyone else is söy

Yet Banjo is already forgotten while Ryu still causes seethe because of the inputs

This, I don't what it is with SNKfags not being able to admit that he's a niche character. It doesn't make Fatal Fury/KoF bad.

Buster wolf

>Shitendo is losing money
How?

>they didnt play the lewd newgrounds flash where you play as Terry and try to hook up with Blue Mary

Smashfags don't play video games.

>not one, but two literally whos
Smash Bros is such a shit game now that they let anyone in apparently

>First party games from other consoles
You mean bloodborne?

>losing money
...Do you have any idea how retarded you sound right now.

He's the poster boy, and therefore the obvious choice, but yeah he is a pretty boring pick. If Ken wasn't in the game, he might have been more palatable, but the visual similarities just make this even less interesting.

T b h when i was a kid literally whos were my favorite to unlock.

Attached: sans.jpg (336x101, 3K)

There is no way that literal who would be more popular thans sans

Attached: 1564536384751.jpg (637x637, 63K)

This

Wasn’t KOF15 just announced to be in development?

whole lot of asshurt substanceless replies to this post lol, I didn't realize so many Mexicans used this board
just kidding, I did know, I could tell from the Chavo threads

>Simon Belmont
>King K. Rool
>Ridley
>Banjo
>"lol nobody is talking about Terry just cause he's not modern. It's just zoomers! lol!"

Attached: EDR6G5tXUAAxwFr.jfif.jpg (694x980, 69K)

You can't even play the megalovania remix on any stage.

I still remember being hype as fuck when I saw Mr. Game & Watch and wondering wtf he was

Nu Smash fans are sad and embarrassing

Bustah WOLF

but TeRRY iS A rEAllY pOPUlAr CHAraCtER FROM A REaLLY PoPUlAR sErIEs ANd NOBody CaREs aboUt Sans

The absolute state of Yea Forums

Not much difference between here and twitter.

Terry been in every arcade since the 90s fuck off chump

>really popular, modern character is more popular than a relatively obscure, "generic" brawler
Color me fucking impressed

Nothing like going on cheatcc or gamewinners and seeing things like 'unlock Roy/G&W' and having the rush of discovering these characters.

literally geese
or mai if they wanted to go that direction

Boomers: ugh hoes mad is so retarded omg fuck zoomers
Also boomers: ARE U OK LMAO?

She would be a big deal in japan and the rest of asia, no one knows Touhou in the west (and that's a good thing)

>Rugal
>Not Haohmaru, Geese, Benimaru or based Ryo and Carlos
For shame.

How many Smash characters hold a Guinness World Record? I know a shrine maiden who does, and she's my wife!!!!

Attached: w6kzwh6zgxj21.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Okay, who the FUCK is Terry?

based as fuck.

>Simon Belmont
lmao

That's right. None of those.

But he's not the main character of KOF.

Which is funny coz neither is Sans but rules don't apply to them.

At the end of the day it's just my game good. Your game bad.

>twitter/reddit meme
Kill yourself you dysgenic nigger.

put bao in, we need boypussy in Smash
you know, for the fanart

Agreed. Part of the fun of unlockable characters is getting suprised and being like "whoa, who is this?".
Wish the whole Ultimate roster wasn't revealed before launch.
That said, I know who Terry is, I'm just not interested in having him in Smash.

This is twitter popularity, not actual. Who cares what lizard people believe.

More like the average demographic got Twitter right? I'm 26 and nobody I know personally irl has one. I live in the USA.

you can play it on all stages in the other category (ex. pilotwings, find mii, hanenbow)

>Losing money
>3 best selling switch game in less than a year
>more dlc announced
I highly doubt that.

Attached: June 2019.png (489x225, 60K)

It's to be expected, really. This isn't really even due to how obscure Terry is or isn't, Undertale is simply still too hot and it was also demanded

>Blue Mary
Will she make an appearance on Terry's stage?

>Wanting the loli maiden as his wife
>Instead of the stacy witch and stacy drunk oni
>Or any of the magically kyonyu'd tsundere demons that want to smother you with their boobs the moment you set oot in Gensokyo

Yeah you can. On misc stages like duck hunt and pilotwings.

ive never played a kof game. Im glad terry is in. With more packs on the way no slot is wasted.

>zoomers like the meme character
And? Smashfags have always latched onto meme characters. None of them play Fire Emblem and circlejerk Roy who's one of the blandest protagonists in the franchise.

To be honest, I am just disappointed that it was Terry than anyone else. We have seen this king of fighter dozens of times. He is just boring both in design and personality.

Even edgelord Iori would have been better.

Why did they add this literal who? Nobody gave a fuck about Terry during the Brawl/Smash 4 era

If people are this upset about Terry, imagine the reaction when Reimu is announced

Attached: 1537332058524.gif (190x190, 182K)

He is niche, but I dont see why people cant understand that things like SNK and DQ are big in Japan and not considered a niche there. SNK games were arcade staples in a country where, big shock, arcades have always been big.
Even if KoF and FF are not the most relevant games now, they were huge back in the golden age of arcades. There is a reason Geese is in Tekken, why Mai is in DoA and now Terry is in Smash.
These are japanese games made by japanese devs primarily for a japanese audience and we just happen to get them, too. Japan is the reason we have 6 FE characters.

The west is an afterthought. I am sorry you guys arent big enough weebs to appreciate this, but I am happy. I don't mind that it is Terry and would have been happy with any SNK rep at all.

I'm more surprised you guys seem to honestly actually think a niche series in a niche genre is a household name. Scarily out of touch with reality.
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

Tekken
Street fighter
Mortal Kombat
These are the kinds of things that you would expect anyone to know.
wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
Maybe Terry was in a lot of arcades, but clearly people preferred to play other games at arcades or maybe it's the fact that it came at a time when arcades were going out of business.

Terry is the most boomer pick possible.

It's possible for kids today to pick up DKC or BK and like it. Nobody but people who were insufferable richfag kids in the early 90s give a fuck about Fatal Fury.

A Metal Slug character would have been better.

>never been important
>SNK fighting games are literally directly responsible for the existence of Smash
Not to mention it lifts a lot of its core mechanics straight from KOF

Attached: 11B601E4-CBBA-426C-BEEE-4C238C6C3203.jpg (1778x374, 59K)

>still no gex dlc
For shame

>every arcade since the 90s

Yeah he's in all zero arcades, you stupid boomer

I dunno, we already have Ness, no reason to waste a Mii costume slot with a skull version of him instead of bringing a Rare character

Skelly man also overshadowed Banjoke's release. imagine if he was a legit fighter

I'm no slotfag, I just don't find him to be an interesting addition. Aside from wait time, it's no skin off my back, because I didn't buy the pass.

I'm 21 and I've never even heard of Fatal Fury or this guy

I dont live in a hick town with no arcades lol

It's funny how this fanbase complains about literally who's but they'd probably throw a shitfit if Smash cut Marth or Lucas

she'll make an appearance in his heart

Same. Im buying piece by piece. Its only an extra 4 bucks if you get everything.

This is the problem I have with Terry. His moveset is fucking BORING. I don't wanna play as Terry. I'm cool with him, I'm cool with SNK, I knew who he was, but I didn't give two fucks about him because who the fuck even plays him in his own series? There are much more interesting characters. I guess the same can be said for Ryu, but we didn't really have a Shoto-like fighting game original character in the game yet. Now that we do, what the fuck does Terry bring to the table aside from "hey, we got SNK in the game!!!"

It's just underwhelming. I was more excited when people were clamoring for Nakoruru, who would have been more interesting and probably fit in better with Smash desu. SNK already treats her as a mascot character and plug her into everything the can, so why not? Plus we're missing waifus in the DLC and that can't be good from a marketing perspective. Waifufags hold the largest among of disposable income, it's a bit odd that we don't have fapbait in the DLC yet. But watch them bring FemTerry in as an alt. Weren't there two slots for this DLC's voice files?

Attached: 5lfhdnd6jeg31.jpg (518x889, 111K)

>no Mumbo Mii costume
I'm guessing Nintendo forced Sakurai to add Banjo

Yeah, and so far I've only gotten Banjo.
Here's hoping the second round of DLC has some damn Nintendo characters.

No Jinjo and Mumbo costumes is definitely disappointing.

Boomers are SEETHING if they had to make this

terry is niche as fuck and at this point, he's a little old.

traditional fighting games are already pretty niche due to their barrier of entry and fatal fury is core as FUCK as far as fighting games go, i guarantee you most normies who've played street fighter or marvel casually haven't even heard of it

the concept of sans getting into smash alone has been a massive meme for years and UT was hugely successful worldwide, it's very accessible and has loads of charm that doesn't rely on personal skill alone, that's a strong combination for a large playerbase, and on top of that, it's very recent.

Sans just has more going for him as far as hype right now than Terry. I haven't seen people being like "yo, you know who'd be great? Terry Bogard" like at all. No prior buzz

Not to say he doesn't deserve to be here, he'll probably play fine and he has his place in history, I'm just saying I'm not surprised people are more excited by sans despite the fact that he's a literal costume for one of the worst characters in the game

Reimu is not a loli! She has very small breasts, and sometimes she timidly tries to use them to give me paizuri, but she inevitably gets too embarrassed by them and just takes me into her mouth after a few minutes. It's very cute, but not funny in the least bit! Okay maybe it is a bit funny. Maybe she is cute and funny. But she isn't a loli!

Undertale is popular with Nintendo's core demographic: Children. What else is new?

> Terry confirmed
> Sans deconfirmed

Felt pretty fucking great, almost as great as when Steve got de confirmed.

Attached: Terry.jpg (192x262, 10K)

BUSTAH WORLF.

what's even the point in having a character from a fighting game into smash ? it's redundant, the point of smash is to have characters fight when they usually don't, otherwise it's just a dumbed down version of themselves

Attached: 400.jpg (383x400, 195K)

A lot of people are really ignorant. It's why I can't stand most e-celebs since they proclaim to be vidya fans and whatnot but barely know shit outside their bubble and they don't keep up with any of the news or vidya releases. I'm surprised that none of the people who watch streamers complain about any of this since streamers really don't know anything about video games. A lot of them are even struggling with grasping the controls of the games, checking their chat every 5 seconds like some god damn addicts, getting fidgety when the game is longer than 5 hours and not paying attention to the game overall. Where did all these fucks come from?

Absolute elation. For Terry being the DLC fighter, that is. Anyone who cares about likes in social media is fucking retarded.

Enjoy that Mii skin. Better than nothing, right?

the difference being stevefags would've been rectally ravaged and the catalogue would've been swamped with NOOOO STEVEBROS HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN NOOOOOO

90% of what I saw was sans dudes being hype that he got any mention at all

>Nobody but people who were insufferable richfag kids in the early 90s give a fuck about Fatal Fury.
I'm so sorry to hear you were so poor user that you didn't have a 50 cents to spare for your local arcade and were reduced to eating dirt, worms and make clothes out of the rats you killed.

It just reminds me that I don't care about either character one way or the other. Sans is more currently relevant so it makes sense that he would get more reaction on Twitter. Terry has more historical significance, but has been largely unknown to people outside the FGC for the past twenty or so years. People shitting on either character are being retarded. I just wish there wasnn't going to be more DLC fighters so the roster faggotry might stop, but Sakurai had to crush those hopes.

What happens if Steve gets confirmed but only as a costume?

Armageddon

>local arcade
>late 90s onward
Hahahahahahahaha no wait are you serious right now?

Elation

Sans *was* ironic shitposting. That's what makes it so unbelievable that he's actually in the game.

t. cuck

Different user here, but I lived in the suburbs and there were no arcades anywhere near me and sure as fuck nobody owned a Neo Geo.

Seems about right. Terry comes from a time period where video games weren't a mainstream hobby yet, not to mention Fatal Fury and King of Fighters are one of the least talked about fighting games when you compare them to Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter

Getting mad people for not knowing fucking Fatal Fury is like getting mad at people for not knowing Pop'n Music.

Why are they fucking catering to japs when they are a tiny market compared to USA and EU?

Twitch stuff is just weird.
>Most people pretend they're not "normies" but get creeped out by the same stuff that triggers normalfags
>Pretends to have invented/discovered gachi and thinks it's the funniest thing ever
>Cringes at almost everything and only likes stuff "ironically"
>Most streamers seem to have ADD and can't pay attention to any of the video games they're playing for more than a few minutes
>They don't even finish most of the games and would rather watch some youtube videos while trying to act smart by saying something normal or entirely stupid
>Pretend to like video games but barely play them and don't keep up with the news

People significantly younger than me make me FURIOUS.

People didn't know who Simon was when his trailer released. Banjo, Ridley, and K. Rool were memes perpetuated by smashfags since Brawl was announced. Eat shit, zoomer. Just because you don't know who Terry Bogard is doesn't make him a literally who, it makes you an uncultured swine.

Sorry Boomers played mortal kombat or street fighter. Don't be a fucking retard.

stevefags are parasites, they never cared about the character, just the shitposting. It would essentially make steve posting relevant again.

JUST GIVE KEN A HAT, OH LOOK ITS TERRY!

FUCK YOU, ANY METAL SLUG CHARACTER WOULD BE 10 TIMES COOLER

Over my country we had arcades until the mid-00s, when they were outlaw'd due to "gambling" because (((American))) investors wanted to make legit bussiness(read : private casinos) and our prime minister agreed because he was part of the dick sucking cycle of the Bushes. People lost their shit when they discovered they couldn't play Fatal Fury or Gouketsuji Ichizoku on arcades anymore, among others.

I like Terry but why are people pretending like everyone should know Fatal Fury and King of Fighters? It was never as mainstream as the likes of Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur.

>Now that we do, what the fuck does Terry bring to the table aside from "hey, we got SNK in the game!!!"
Lane switching, ex, charge move and max mode. He'll likely end up being more combo oriented

Everyone keeps moaning but he is a shoto, but projectile, forward moving side b and rising up b could sum up at least 1/3 of the cast. Especially when there are differences such as power wave not being an aerial projectile, so either he'll get a differ air b or the projectile arcs down. Like a lot of people have said he is more a mix of a few characters than another ryu.

The only Metal Slug character anyone would recognize is the guy who looks like Terry in a green vest

>Marco gets in
>"Why did they add ken with a gun to this game?!"

They use irony as a mask, they are just too afraid to say what they really think because they're afraid to get called a fag for it, it's why they're all so retarded and insecure.

Good. It would still be an amazing moveset instead of generic Terry.

thread should've ended here. I dont give a shit about snk but I dont see why people should care about other people not liking what they like.

Attached: 1565051431450.png (1433x1433, 2.76M)

you can play it on nintendogs stage where it would obviously fit the most

Attached: NINTENDOGS.png (261x217, 99K)

You know who really needs to be in smash? Steve from Minecraft

Sorry that would never happen. We already have so many generic looking anime swordsman and no one bitches how they look. They bitch that they have a sword. No one would bitch if metal slug got in.

Terry is a proper character and that's awesome. He's gonna have his own kit, he's gonna get a stage and spirits and several music tracks. And you know the Smash team will absolutely fucking respect that.
Sans being in at all is also awesome, and it's not only a good fit, and great that we get the music, it's probably the best Mii Costume in the game because it nails his look perfectly unlike most Mii costumes.

The only thing that sucks is that kids will turn this into a WOW WHO. But who gives a fuck? The actual game aspect of this is awesome and long term everyone will come to respect Terry just like they have every other Smash character.

Attached: _190904_142159_218.png (1200x1200, 657K)

>It's possible for kids today to pick up DKC or BK
Gonna be real with you, they don't. Banjo wasn't picked for the kids. Of all the justifications of why a character who hasn't been in a game in a decade (2 decades if we are counting well received games) is more important that is the weakest.

>Nobody but people who were insufferable richfag kids in the early 90s give a fuck about Fatal Fury.
man this is pure revisionist crap.
Even if you didnt had local arcades you have no excuse in the early 00s since you could play anything with emulation.

Only absolute ignorants and casuals dont know about terry. Is not even a generational thing "zoomers boomers" is all about having your gaming facts right.

Attached: jok.jpg (1920x1200, 1.03M)

And smashfags wonder why the fgc doesn't like them

It doesn't matter.

In the end boomers are the one winning. They are the one getting Hero and Terry while Sans is nothing but a fucking mii costume forcing the zoomers to become mii gunner main.

I agree with you, but this is exactly the kind of behavior I expect from both FGCfags and rosterfags.

A Metal Slug character in Smash would just get the Hero treatment. 2 palettes each for Marco, Tarma, Fio and Eri.

Japanese are nostalgic for when they were relevant in the late 80s/early 90s, which is why the roster is the way it is. It's not supposed to make sense for 2019. Oldfags making the game, making deals with oldfag companies with oldfag IPs. How this is surprising I don't understand. You can't even say it's about advertising, because Konami sure as hell isn't going to put out a new classicvania.

I'm pretty sure people still don't respect Corrin.

advertising slots from bad games will never sit well with people.

Unlike Terry, Reimu is actually a beloved character from a fan favorite series that rose in popularity purely on the merits of the creator's passion project. Similar to Sans. Terry is just an old character that nobody really cares about because even SNK fans would have rather a Metal Slug character.

The only people I know that own switches and play smash are completely casual gamers. For a couple of them the last console they owned was an n64 when they were kids. I'm not sure how, but Nintendo struck the nostalgia vein big this gen. Which is weird considering they've been running the same nostalgia play for the last three gens.
Anyway, the people I know with a switch don't know what dragon quest or fatal fury/KoF are at all, and they're late 20s early 30s.

>unlike character i dont love, character i love is from a game i am biased towards

>Terry
>Not a beloved character
Literally topped just recently a Japanese popularity pool for all SNK characters.

When did Steve get deconfirmed? There's still no trace of the supposed mii costume and there's more fighters on the way. No reason to discount him just yet

Good thing Im over the age of 13 and dont care about smash anymore.

If I could play anything with emulation why the hell would I choose to play this random thing out of everything out there?

Maybe you should get out and meet more people

Reminder that americans didn't know what Dragon Quest was.
Americans are retarded and it's even worse when they're smashfags who only play the popular nintendo games. You guys should stop acting like they would know who Terry is

Because the devs are Japanese, and they always put their own country first. They aren’t greedy profit seekers that sellout and put themselves last.

>Reimufags still exist
Touhou is a dead and completely irrelevant franchise in the west, and the inclusion of reimu in smash would only serve to kill it further with the waves of secondaries

Most Smash regulars are in the neighborhood of 24-35

Terry Bogard was included because Fatal Fury Special is a classic in Japan where it was a massive hit in Japanese arcades. That's why he's referred to in the trailer as "Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury" instead of "Terry Bogard from The King of Fighters". This is for Japanese fans, not westerners.

Comparing the reaction to Terry in Smash to the reaction to Geese in Tekken made me realize the FGC was right all along. The Smash community is cancer.

You are now remembering Yuri and Friends

This. I feel old and tired now...

>there are more tumblr autist than spics
who knew

Isnt he actually FROM fatal fury, not from king of fighters
Thats seems like the more likely reason why

Westerners like him too, except Americans

When I was a kid, I remember I used to play random games on MAME when I came home after a whole day at the beach during summer. One of the games I remember the most was some Fatal Fury or KoF title, can't tell which one specifically. But I do remember Rugal and Terry being the characters that stood out for me the most. The latter for both his colorful, 90s look and his voice lines for each special attack.

I thought he was a pretty iconic and memorable character for those aspects alone, despite having no knowledge as to what the outside world thought, that thought never even entered my mind. I was never even that much of a fan for fighting games in general (I used to only mash buttons to execute cool attacks in every game I've put my hands on until I finally learned how to play them properly very recently), but I've always respected the essence and history of this genre.

Looking at this thread now, it's almost disheartening people having such a visceral reaction against something that is innocuous at best, but what should be considered a celebration of gaming history. The fighting genre and the games within that sphere are also part of that history. But people seem to think because something doesn't get millions of views on Youtube, it's not even worth acknowledging.

This is really the worst part, and why I think Yea Forums is so fucking garbage to discuss vidya; it goes beyond GG, the 2016 elections, being underage, or post-ironic humor. Notice how there are way more comments of people unironically speaking about XYZ being more or less deserving because of its popularity (let alone twitter of all places), and what would make more money, or "if it's something I do not recognize, then it's shit" over... whether the character looks cool or not.
The real problem is in our current era, this new form of communication that is the internet (especially social media) is turning people into dipshit narcissists and making them obsess over popularity contests.

Attached: 437748788.jpg (800x1200, 390K)

Zoomers are SEETHING if they had to reply to this

Damn why is fp always bp

Well since they only seem to want to put Jap characters as guests for the most part who will the the second season pass be composed of?

Based. Really helped me on my formative years

Over the char limit, but TL;DR: You're a bunch of faggots.

They respect him a lot more than they used to, though you're right to a degree. I'd say Corrin is a unique example in that he was very clearly added not due to a meaningful legacy, but to advertise/hyperoll.

Even then though, his implementation being interesting has allowed people to warm to him. And regardless, his situation isn't applicable to Terry because anyone who would argue Terry lacks a legacy is a fucking moron.

It's just distinct, for obvious reasons. It's like how so many people in the Pokemon community are just now learning about how gacha games work and what Pokemon Masters actually is now it's out. These people are in a somewhat separated community so they don't know things the rest of the community might.

I'm fine. Rosterfags are still fucking boiling over Terry Bogard just because he didn't fit the mold of their circlejerk of typically speculated characters. People are going to forget their le epic salt meme skeleton costume in two weeks' time, but Terry Bogard's gonna come back in two months and make his haters seethe all over again.

If you've seen the characters commonly circlejerked after Banjo's confirmation, you'd realize that any seething over Terry is entirely justified.

>the concept of of patriotism and ufanism makes the american of all persons seethe
Really makes one think

Bruh you forgot to put Dear Diary at the beginning

Say whatever you will, man. Call me whatever you will. Terry was not and never was popular.
It doesn't help that Terry is the now third anime character in the season pass, and is yet another human being.

I really don’t care. The only character I’m touching in this huge roster is Toon Link.

Attached: DBA9479C-F250-4E28-870D-6D92E26CF8BC.gif (420x321, 827K)

Johnny likes little boys

Touhou is as alive as ever all things considered and as for irrelevant, it was never truly relevant in the west in the first place and i wouldn't have it any other way.

Depressing isn't it?
People should be looking to a character they're unaware of with keen interest, not with rabid aggression.

Attached: sad.png (322x340, 69K)

Attached: EDqbuzMXsAEBKzq.png (504x681, 474K)

Which one is the playable character again? Oh right Terry motherfucking Bogard!

Hey faggot you forgot to say you eat dicks and love to shove'm up your ass, faggot.

Twitter users are mostly western people and the ones who give likes to stuff like this are mostly between 13-25 AKA Zoomers. Nintendo already made the mistake of adding Banjo due to twitter outburst, I hope they don't make the same mistake again.

I'm from EU

Attached: EDqbuzMXUAAgjl4.png (484x646, 402K)

Just want to say I completely agree. People are letting themselves ride the hype train too far into speculation town and are making it more about the meme picks (not necessarily bad picks, just "big ones") that they're not understanding the fun of having variety.

I have very minimal experience with SNK but my time messing with KoF was fun. It's a sphere of the industry that I've been aware of but not exposed to heavily and I'm really happy that not only do I get a massive part of my beloved childhood in Banjo, a modern absurdity in Sans AND also this part of the industry legacy that I'm not experienced with but looks super cool in Terry, all at once? That's awesome, man.

Smashfags didn't even know who Richter is and some faggots even thought that Simon's trailer was supposed to be a Dark Souls rep for Smash

Attached: 1565931517382.gif (296x262, 301K)

I like to think Nintendo will take note of this and listen to fan requests for wave 2 over making random deals with other companies for fighters no one asked for.

It's not that they're young, it's that they're normies. Persona and KoF are niche as fuck to them.

I can't read all this man. Please post tldr version as you probably actually have something good to say

I wouldn't blame the internet, this is how it has always been and the people who do it would end up the same regardless. What it actually causes is the process to be quicker, blow ups are quick and forgettable these days. Everyone repeats the same wild points for retweets fast and then moves on. Or at least they appear to, cause all the shit that gets talked online is really irrelevant. Just like when people would talk shit about other games in arcades, they just wanted that pop and then get on with it.

Attached: 1540192848823.jpg (437x412, 25K)

the only one is banjo???

Yes he is

Mario is from Donkey Kong but no one calls him a Donkey Kong character

>Persona
>Niche
Reddit, is that you?

social media was the worst thing that ever happened in the internet

Don't come to a video game discussion board if you don't want to discuss video games, faggot. Not even him and I know you're gonna cycle your meaningless "it's Yea Forums who cares" bullshit. Just go be a fag somewhere else if that's how you think.

B, Power Wave.
B+Up, Rising Tackle
B+Forward, Burn Knuckle
B+Down, Crack Shoot
Aerial Forward+A, Power Dunk

Could his moves be anything other than this?

>i cant read

i thought europeans were big arcadefags or is it only slavs?

Before P5 yes

I don't even care who gets in anymore.
Smash has lost all sense of it's identity.

Persona is absolutely niche compared to the big hitters in Smash, they just have a loud fanbase.

It's a fucking costume, you faggots act like he's actually in the game.

it lost all sense of identity with the ballot when everyone and their mother begged to get in for the marketing.

P4 you mean.

>Persona
>niche
I think you mean Shin Megami Tensei because nobody outside Yea Forums cares for SMT V news

I'm not sure what the problem is. The entire point of the game is to be King of Boomers. Ness was a virtual who when he was included in the original ssb,despite what revisionists will say. Snk has the absolute best fighting game record ever. Terry's pedigree is basically imacculate.

Ive never heard anyone ever talk about persona 4 besides here

>I don't use any other social media, but let me tell you all about how they act.
Anytime Atlus posts Anything, one of the top comments is ALWAYS about SMT V and how there is zero news.

Smash lost all sense of its identity when Dragon King was populated with Nintendo mascots instead of an original cast.

>Touhou is as alive as ever all things considered
Absolutely not, i've been a touhoufag since PCB released and it's been on a steady decline fan works, games, art, remixes, etc have drastically reduced in comparison to the series' popularity peak around 15 years ago with IN, even it japan it only continues to stagnate.

it will never fade to obscurity but it's certainly not the biggest thing anymore.

I didn't know about Samus, Captain America and Timmy. In Melee I didn't know about FE and Ice Climbers.

Ah yes, the original cast of Red polygon fighter, blue polygon fighter, etc.
Shut the fuck up.

Zoomers hate real fighting games

Based

>People didn't know who Simon was when his trailer released

And yet they still got hyped for it when the looked it up. Even if they don't know him, Castlevania is a well known staple in vidya. Fatal Fury/KoF is really niche. You have one series where, even if you don't know the character, he's a cool vampire fighting strongman who brings a lot of kickass music and who's games are still relevant (maybe even moreso nowadays since Metroidvanias are the hottest shit among indies now).

Terry is just...oh, muscle street fighting dude with energy projectiles. From a game that's never been that well received even among fighting game enthusiasts.

> Eat shit, zoomer

I'm probably too old to even be on this board anymore desu. I know who Terry is, but I'm telling you as someone who's actually played his games when they were released that he's not an exciting pick.

Attached: Dude TERRY LMAO.jpg (634x1008, 186K)

Literally all of this, if the character isn't a gigantic internet meme, or a character that has been rosterfagged (since smash 4 specifically with the fighter ballot) that character Is generic/boring/clone of something else I'm the roster, didn't deserve to be in, or just blatently hated just because it wasn't Shantae, Geno, Sora, Bandana Dee, Rex, Dante, or Crash.

>otherwise it's just a dumbed down version of themselves
how I feel about bayonetta and why I dont want Dante in smash.

Attached: 1530742088162.gif (640x360, 1.33M)

Are you stupid? The same people who was asking for the grinch characters are now bashing Terry. Steve is literally held up by a bunch of ironic shitposters, if you want to support a zoomer character that's the one.

Post the Gardevoir art please.

Attached: EDZplJhUYAEQJd8.jfif.jpg (646x942, 61K)

You know I'm right, you stupid fuck

And this fact alone is why I laugh at every fucking Smashfag that cries about how OP Hero is.

Are you underage? The moment P4 got out and had the anime everyone was shouting shit like "best RPG ever" and shit just to be counter culture to FF since it was going through the Lightning saga at the time and later, when it was ported on the Vita and re-re-released for the PS4, which is when all those gay anime re-releases and the movies and musicals and what have you, the started the whole "Chadsona" meme.

>nintendo of america
Geez as if Terry is not a popular character around the world except burgerland or something

Nice, thanks. I love Garde art that's on the goofy side.

Also you don't get to define who is "exciting" for anyone but yourself.

Based boomer setting zoomers straight. Terry is a literal who.

lol no kids these days don't know about Castlevania, not to mention the franchise was dead until that sony exclusive came out. Sakurai is lying when he said he was a top characer in the ballot and I say this as a massive akumajô dracula fan. Simon/Richter are in because they are iconic, the same applies to Terry.

I'm glad sakurai actually has taste.

And the sans game is literally a shitposting meme so what's the difference??

That Sans is a dumb meme at this point and 99% of the people freaking out about him weren't even primary Undertale fans, they were part of the cancerous secondary "fanbase" that gave the game a bad name in the first place.

>I'm glad 3/4 picks so far have been shill picks.
Okay.

>setting zoomers straight
But isn't he agreeing with the zoomers?

Zoomer art/memes/shitposting is terrible. By zoomers for zoomers I guess.

You're right, I don't. You know who does? The consumers. And what do the sales say about KoF? Oh, that it's shit compared to every other fighting game on the market. Look at this post for more info.

Oh, is that why there's a Netflix series that was made for the IP and was received relatively well among the zoomer audience? So well that it got greenlit for a second season? Cause nobody knows it? Great. Let me know when KoF gets that kind of recognition.

Don't waste your breath, these people think anything that gets less than ten million retweets/likes/upvotes/sales is irrelevant trash "nobody" likes

That's what toby said as he guzzled his cum.

>N-NO, YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DISLIKE [OLD] THING OR MAKE FUN OF IT

>bro weeeeeeeeeeeeed LMAO

how pathetic

Oh boo hoo, pretty cute to play victim after your hours of spamming zoomer at literally everyone.
Not even DQfags were this bad, and DQ is actually a top selling franchise, not niche at all, and has constantly been relevant.

Reimu smash posters are also shitposters, though they mostly do it because they know her or any though character getting into smash will piss off the Touhoufags.

No, they're zoomers pretending to be boomers to prove they're not underrage fags. But in the end they're proving they're underrage fags because nobody actually cares about him regardless of how old you are.

Picture accurately represents how I feel.

Attached: 1299805940623.jpg (288x268, 9K)

Im no kof fan but didnt they get an anime too? And kof14 is coming out next year I think.

>Joker is literally a character for Nintendo's main rival and will never be on Switch
>Banjo is fucking dead and this changes nothing about that
>KoF isn't really a Nintendo thing either
At least put some effort into your bait

Honestly, same, if getting Dante in Smash means having a severely limited version of his character gameplaywise, then I'd rather not. UMvC3/MvCI Dante have a fucking gargantuan moveset, yet it's still not everything the character can do.

Hell, not even the actual DMC games let you do everything the character can do because there isn't a single one where Dante has all weapons and styles from all games incorporated into his moveset.

>Genohopers and Shantards, of all rosterfags, actually having the audacity to shit on Terry Basedgard for "relevancy" and "demand" reasons
Figures that most people supporting circlejerk rosterfag characters are incredibly clueless and sheltered.

Attached: 1503497074430.png (360x360, 140K)

>Even among fighting game enthusiasts
And that's where your wrong. Go to China and south America and you'll see that kof is bigger than street fighter there. It's also still big in Japan. Just because you amerishits/europoors spend all your time on big shooty game/indie nostalgia bait trash doesn't mean you can go around calling the only rival to Capcoms street fighter a "niche" game.

i would LOVE to get a metal slug character, great series

>Joker is literally a character for Nintendo's main rival and will never be on Switch
Did you forget the musou game coming out and Persona Q2, retard?
>KoF isn't really a Nintendo thing either
SnK heroines.
Fucking neck yourself.

> Look at this post for more inf
lmao this guy has been spamming multiple threads. Forget the zoomers, we have a nearly 30 year old stoner angry about smash.

>Great. Let me know when KoF gets that kind of recognition.
Fatal Fury had 2 OVAs, a anime film and KoF had a motion picture

faggot

Attached: 2182953-shaq.jpg (923x1382, 250K)

such an uncultured faggotry should be banned on sight
Imagine not having extensive knowledge and culture about videogames for every system and age.

Have you seen the producer of that series? He didn't do it FOR zoomers or redditors like you, he is the kind of edgelord that works because he likes the material. Do you honestly believe that attracted a massive amount of people to the franchise? Do you seriously believe there are millions of americans under the age of 17 that started to play Rondo because of that netflix cartoon? The fact that you quote that series shows that you don't know shit about Castlevania. Don't ever bring it again you pleb.

I like persona 4 but i never hear anyone talk about it, i didnt have internet and only got my news from gamestores assholes

Except all of Japan.
The same thing happened with Hero and you dumb fags still haven't learned anything.

No one cares what some Americans think about picks in Smash. Hero got in and no one in America knew about Hero or Dragon quest. Terry got in and no one in America knew about Terry or Fatal Fury.

You fags aren't the core demographic, get over yourselves. How many characters have to get added before you realize that if you weren't playing Arcade games in the mid-90's then Sakurai doesn't give a shit what you think?

Hoes mad?
Hoes mad.

Attached: hoes.jpg (720x715, 37K)

Now, Sakurai, you know what you must do.

Attached: 0fBNl3.png (1920x1026, 1.63M)

Hmmm...
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_fighting_games

Do you see KoF there? I don't see KoF there...Hmm....almost as if it's not very relevant from an OBJECTIVE standpoint, huh? Data beats emotions.

>T-that's just consoles! KoF is HUGE in the arcade scene!

vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Arcade_gaming

>Do you see KoF there? I don't see KoF there...Hmm....almost as if it's not very relevant from an OBJECTIVE standpoint, huh? Data beats emotions.

Reminder that metal slug would have been better also everyone knows sans. Sans is a meme character, just came out and is less than a dollar.

>to prove that they're not underage fags
People born in 2001 can be old enough to post here. Being a zoomer doesn't make you underage

It's not funny. Lacks creativity, but I guess that doesn't matter because zoomers just laugh at anything.

Same, but I suspect it's people who are 12 and under because it's sort of understandable for them not to have played an SNK game in the last fifteen years.
>I always thought that people asking for absolute shit like Waluigi, Sans or other wacky no names was ironic shitposting, but this revealed opened my eyes.
The sad thing is: Ironic shitposting is the new hotness for the new generation. They can't seriously like anything anymore, so it's all shitty youtuber/e-celeb memes and cultural laughing stocks like Sans.

Banjo

It's very funny and very clever, because it resonates with the thing it is mimicking.
Or do you not know what spongebob is?

I want this to happen. I'm tired of zoomers pretending to like Gen Y videogames.

Smashfaggots don't play video games, they just watch youtubers play video games hence why stuff that gets added and doesn't have a Youtube presence will always have a lukewarm reception.

This.
I have nothing against SNK or Terry being in Smash but they haven't been relevant in decades.
Which is true for characters like Banjo as well, but N64 nostalgia is incredibly strong.

When does best received means sold most?

Also I'm not surprised at your ignorance, but in those regions SNK owes its popularity to easy piracy of the hardware. Everyone knows that but you apparently.

My main issue is even though he's iconic to fighting games, he's just kind of boring.
Realistic man who punch and kick.
I was really hoping for Marco for another proper ranged character, and he's arguably more well known than Terry and is heavily stylized.

It's been done. I've watched classic spongebob when you were a toddler, that's why I'm telling you it's not funny.

snk fags?

>it's impossible to enjoy media made before you were born

>N64 nostalgia
>when most people cheering for Banjo on twitter were underage

honestly I'd be fine with steve now. We already got so many classic picks.

Attached: geese.jpg (200x200, 17K)

sounds like you dont understand what the fuck smash is about, its a love letter to video games from all generations and cult classics, simon fucking belmont is in the game jesus christ how obvious do they have to make it, it's not a game here to showcase new games and characters

I never played BK on the N64. My first exposure to it was on the Xbox 360 virtual store, and I still have nostalgia for the series.

You still don't get it. It has been done already, the only ones laughing at it are casuals or zoomers.

>From a game that's never been that well received even among fighting game enthusiasts
>Fatal Fury/KoF is really niche
Only for amerimutts

Irrelevant. I've never even seen the Castlevenia Netflix series myself. I know it did well though, and I know that it made the IP relevant to zoomers. The initial argument was whether or not the IP was an enigma to modern fanbases like KoF was. I simply provided evidence, never vouched for the quality of the show.
>Do you honestly believe that attracted a massive amount of people to the franchise?

Also irrelevant. Never said anything about more people getting into the franchise, just that it's more popular and has a wider presence that KoF. The entire argument isn't whether or not zoomers play the game, it's whether or not they know of it. They don't know KoF because, objectively speaking from a purely data analysis standpoint, it's not as well known to modern audiences. So if you'd like to re-evaluate your argument to actually address the points brought up instead of moving the goalpost elsewhere, that'd be swell.

Also you're probably right, I don't know anything about modern Castlevanias. I haven't played any of them since Order of Ecclesia. I never had a deep affinity for the games to dig into all the lore and such, but I still liked them.

>Captain falcon was a litteral who back in the days
>everyone loved him anyway because he was cool
>Marth and Roy literally didn't even have game in the US
>Retarded smashbabies still called Roy their boy for some reason and Marth was probably one of the most popular and played character in Melee
What happened why is this generation so pathetic?

>I like persona 4 but i never hear anyone talk about it
Because it's an 11 year old game, and we still have a Persona 4 thread at least three times a week

Then why the (you) if I'm talking about N64 nostalgia?

good thing sakurai doesnt give a fuck about you or your trash companies, and just puts shit that he likes, this is why western games are trash

Social media is always the answer

I just wish it had been Metal Slug. At least Metal Slug is memorable. King of Fighters is a spinoff of Final Fight and that in itself is a knockoff of Streets of Rage.

>I DON'T KNOW HIM SO NOBODY DOES
kek

>for some reason
it's because of the crowd chant

Everyone knows castlevania by name, even small kids but only people that are late teenagers/young adults now in the zoomer population have played it.

1-They don't know these franchises because they're too young, it's logical that they want something they like
2-They're hypocrites, they want characters like Banjo or Geno because they are "cool" in the community despite never enjoying their games.

>there's people in this thread who never saw a ARE YOU OKAY!? joke.
Imagine someone who just come to Yea Forums for smash threads so he never even saw a pranked thread.
Imagine someone who never tried any other game besides nintendo series.

Attached: 1547494529821.jpg (322x342, 36K)

The post I quoted wasn't even my post. I just thought it'd be redundant to repost the information another user already did for me.

How many of those got on Netflix with a multi million dollar budget for modern audiences to see? Rance got an OVA too, so did a bunch of small super niche vidya, with shoestring budgets and made specifically for fans of the series rather than an attempt to make something for a wider audience.

I mean to say that younger people could still be familiar with the series due to it being on Xbox (and later on Rare Replay as well), although I don't know how many people were introduced to the games through it.

At least DQ 11 was popular

I'm older than you are, retard.

it's so funny that as a snkfag I genuinely couldn't care less about it, I am just too excited for snk rep as a playable fighter for exposure in NA and sans and Undertale getting deconfirmed, It's a fully win situation for me with no "but".

The Ballot did quite a fucking number on the community. Now discussion boils down to retarded tribalism, and Smash discussion has been reduced to what I can most simply describe as a godawful mass moneyless gambling circuit fueled by gossip, and it's impossible to fully escape from it.

>Everybody
Now they do, before vergeben's leaks the name was fading into obscurity.

your logic is absolutely fucking retarded, how would terry make people buy fucking snk heroines? literally any character is a shill pick by this logic since they all have games and related games on nintendo consoles, i feel you're too fucking dumb to understand the concept of a crossover game

That modern gamers have bad taste.

I think we can all agree that the Sans model looks like shit at least

>Muh piracy kept my franchise from becoming relevant, even after the franchise moved away from easily piratable hardware

You must be eighty then.

>before vergeben's leaks the name was fading into obscurity.
I think you're overestimating the popularity of smash, smash has very niche popularity in my country and everyone still knows castlevania.

Most people said it's the best mii looking costume. It was made good looking enough so they won't need to add him in the game as playable character

Everyone knows fem Terry from that all girls "fighting game" on Switch

do you live in fucking Lichtenstein or something

What do boomer think of Joker?

Shut the fuck up.

Huh? Is English your second language?

>List of best-selling arcade games
>Best selling fighting games
>"Since when does best selling means sold most???"

Attached: 1567111450252.jpg (640x1136, 88K)

I wish it was playable on Final Destination

Who else /vr/here? We did it, bros.

He said the opposite, you mong

See, people? That's how you reasonably react to something you don't know. Unlike
acting like their navel is the center of the universe...

hueland, every gamer here knows smash by name but good luck finding anyone who plays it, for some reason only rich kids have switch here.

Why didn't they show Mai failing to catch the invitation letter in the reveal?

Attached: 1566704595081.jpg (234x262, 37K)

I'm just glad Sakurai is catering to chill boomers who appreciate classic characters instead of the autistic kids who sent him death threats over Waluigi.
Looking forward to Hayabusa, Kunio, Marco, Reimu, Jin, Sophitia, and Sol next. My only regret is that we won't get Goemon and Bomberman too.

Attached: 1546083055797.png (515x446, 334K)

Agree.

I hope all you supposed boomers are also hype for Famicom Detective Club 1 & 2 considering KoF is a zoomer series compared to it

Imagine getting unironically ARE YOU OKAY'D by the man himself. I almost envy you plebs

don't you have surreal importation laws so you can't just bring in PS3s from china, they have to get made in BR?

So you have this weird culture where a lot of people are still playing really old games despite the fact that you should have modern stuff readily available?

autistics and trannies use twitter a lot, and undertale fanbase is filled with trannies and autistis. it's like you don't know about this yet.

ARE YOU O-
*gets overshadowed by tumblr skeleton*
WHOOPS

To be brutally honest. I always had him for the "HOW WEY" guy.

>tfw too shit to play fighting games

smash has helped me realize my dreams of playing cool fighting game characters I never got the chance to.

Thank you Sakurai

Attached: 1539505366256.gif (248x524, 87K)

My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

this

dead irrelevant series and a boring character

I want MC and Crash. I never touched an xbox and didn't care much for Crash, but seeing them fighting against the other videogame stars would be incredible. Sakurai probably knows shit about them tho

I don't believe you. Post your ID like weedlord.

My reaction:
>Typical. They'll learn when Bogard releases.

And this comes from a dude who NEVER EVER played an SNK fighting game, unfortunately. I wish I could is there any on the Switcheroo?

>fgc
ahahaha

I would be more excited for Famicom Detective Club, Mach Rider, or Lip than any shit modern Nintendo character at this point

Why would you even want her in smash? For validation? As soon as she’s announced, you’ll wish she wasn’t.

Only zoomers are pretending to care about fucking Terry

>Best smelling turd according to turd weekly magazine

Amused

I don't understand why nintendo keep putting those irrelevant characters, the game only has iconic characters from games that everyone has played and loves like
>ice climbers
>Pit
>Dark pit
>Dark samus
>Ness
>Marth
>MR game & watch
>Ike
>Lucas
>Olimar
>R.O.B
>Wii Fit trainer
>Palutena

>after all the shitposting and whining for Sans.
>Only a mii costume.
It makes me feel like a fucking winner.

bayo feels great though and is a faithful adaptation. or at least she felt great in 4

This desu
Unless you're a fightingfag then you aren't going to know or care about who he is. That's just a fact

How did you get a NYMJ card bro? Are you dying? Last I heard they pretty much never gave those out unless you had cancer or some shit.

ARE
YOU
OK???

>flies flocking to shit
why should I care?

So what characters will please these autistic smashfags?

>don't you have surreal importation laws so you can't just bring in PS3s from china, they have to get made in BR?
Correct, these laws exist to protect our national industries from getting curbstomped by chinks and americans, but we don't actually have a video-game industry so they are protecting nothing.
>So you have this weird culture where a lot of people are still playing really old games despite the fact that you should have modern stuff readily available?
Yes, especially poor kids who like gaming, they usually turn to emulation of SNES, arcade, N64 and PS1 games (and DOOM), it's also not unusual to have a PS1 emulator on your smartphone here, not to mention the level of piracy we have on modern consoles.

>my first console was a super nintendo
holy zoomer

great villain, too bad part 6 and part 8 sucks ass. Valentine's power was pretty cool

Attached: 1567687699083.jpg (999x583, 90K)

Maybe, but don't smash fans want their game to be considered a fighting game and don't they understand the basic theme of the game as a tribute to characters from all video game eras, regardless of their current relevancy? You can't believe the duck hunt dog still holds any relevancy.

>Ness
Nigga, I get your point but Ness' game was Undertale before Undertale, if they ever cut him out there would be cries for blood

i dont know but im happy Terry is there and no amount of whinning will remove him.

it makes me feel very gay
both because Terry looks so hot and because i'm going to have to play with this gay-ass shit skeleton in my bing-bing-yahoo game now.

I'm not saying that Terry is a bad choice for Smash. I'm just saying that not many people who are into more casual stuff like Smash is going to know who he is and the fact that that offends people is silly

copeacabana all-"stars"

Unironically based

I can't wait to make the kiddies smash casuals mad with Terry. I'll make sure to spam his taunt ''ARE YOU OKAY?'' and ''CMON CMON'' everytime i take a stock from one of you pathetic zommer until you just decide to throw the match because im 3 stocking your casual baby ass. I want to make you people fuming with rage.

I'm so fucking sick of undertale

Attached: 80b.png (248x362, 145K)

Are you blind, retarded, or both? Look at the OP you dumb fuckhead.

No one. Someone will always be mad, and new characters will continue to be requested.

I don't think the Mother is that famous. My point is, doesn't matter where the character comes from, if he's famous, from a big game, etc. If anything i'm way more excited by a niche, improbable character than obvious ones.

terry isn't a literal who, is just that sans is a modern character and modern characters are more popular and more remembered.
this would be the same reaction for ANY character in the fightng game genre.
Terry isn't a literal who, he's not just as popular as San, also he has achieved meme status.

It does to me.

Attached: Waha.jpg (600x750, 43K)

And now you exposed yourself as a worthless zoomer. Now eat shit and die, brat.

Attached: Px1Egop.jpg (900x675, 128K)

Fuck yes, I'm still really curious how Sakurai was going to make a moveset out of the girl from Detective Club.

Attached: Reverse.jpg (825x959, 69K)

Yes

This place is toxic af

Only goes to show smashfags know nothing about real videogames and are just literal zoomers.
I dont play smash, I dont even like the game, but im glad Neo Geo got some love after all the shit they went through with SNK.

IT WAS CYBER WOO'S TURN BROS

Attached: cyberwoo-ngbust.jpg (780x800, 90K)

>"""real""" videogames
>"""real""" music
kys sperglord

Same energy.

Attached: 1558358261337.png (1000x1000, 1.07M)

This user was not okay

Imagine being so assblasted by someone calling you a zoomer that not only you samefag but you also go out of way to call him weebo and numale in the wrong context

t. Toby fox fan

Shoo shoo reddit nazi frog poster

kill yourself, monkey nigger.

This, where was Mai?

No matter which character was revealed, even if it was Master Chief, it will still pale in comparison to the Sans reveal.
Only maybe Goku would top that but we know it will never happen, that's how popular is Sans, is not because he has legacy or had an influence in videogame industry, he's just popular with zoomers.

Terry I can sort of, kind of maybe understand, but having never even HEARD of Dragon Quest is utterly mind boggling to me. I was a proto-zoomer Nintendork and even I have a DQ game under my belt. I seriously think the average Smash fan only plays Smash and watches a few select Youtubers.

Attached: 1544102177345.png (960x720, 770K)

>no one knows who this character is except for the fans of the characters series
You don't say?

Sans should have been his own character. I don't give a shit about terry and his boomer game that nobody played

ZOOOOOOOOM

>Sans
>Zoomer meme

fucking kill yourself you seething fag.

ARE YOU OKAY?

ARE YOU OKAY?!

because nobody in their right mind thought that sans actually get in the game in some capacity, not to mention the whole thing with toby and sakurai

>I don't give a shit about terry and his boomer game that nobody played
the funny part is that more people played kof than people played undertale, are you ok?

I wanted sans but I rather have Steve

Attached: 1541257196897.jpg (1024x1024, 87K)

desu I do kinda agree. If they went this far to get Sans in, they really should have just gone the whole nine yards and actually make him a character. With the Smash DLC Season 2 announced, it would have been perfect as a "please don't sling shit at me, he's not wasting a slot because we're getting more than the promised 5" message that'd calm the waters. Terry is just such an underwhelming pick, if anything he should have just been a brawler skin.

I dont expect zoomer cancer to know what fatal fury is.

is not the same, in the fighting game community, you just have fighting games characters, duh. And those character are obviously directed towards them.
In smash you have different games with different genres, not everyone has played all the games of all the characters.

BASED
proof that only contrarian zoomers pretending to be older than they are care about terry

DEUEDE ADODOADOA
DEUEDE ADODOADOA
DEUEDE ADODOADOA

Attached: 300px-Heikki_tonniHQ.jpg (300x343, 31K)

>ctrl f "zoomer"
>47 results
Of course fightanfags resort to name calling and generation labelling whenever they get called out for their garbage franchises. It makes me glad that shitcades are dying out along with them and are being reduced to nothing more than button mashing weeb pandering shit

Attached: 1550763649736.png (358x346, 88K)

ARE YOU OKAY?!

Zoomer is literally a zoomer word.

are you making fun of me for being "zoomer" not knowing snk or joking at Hero's Zoom? I only played DQ11 so you'd be right about me being a zoomer

>seething about a "dying" genre
>so much anger that you have to make stuff up in your head
kek I guess im glad people still fighting games if the salt is this funny

this

fighting games are not as popular as other genres.
Undertale is a normie game, everyone played the game or at least knows the characters sans because he's a living meme.
Smash bros is a videogame crossover and as of now, its mostly about the legacy of the videogame industry, not popularity.
If it was about popularity we would have zoomer characters all over the place.

agree

You've had fucking years to play a fighting game with Terry in it.

You haven't.
Whose fault is that? Is that the fightanfags fault or is that the party game players fault whose only experience with a fighting game being their party game?

Every KOF game has been on sale for dollars. Less than any new fighting game. The KOF collection came out maybe a few years ago on every modern system and had online play. So you could play it. In modern day, on your console.

If you were interested in fighting games, you would have played it. You didn't play it because you're not interested in fighting games. You're interested in your fucking party game and are now doing your best Mr. Fox impression as you angrily stare at those grapes that you could have enjoyed way before now if you were ever interested in getting them.

zoomers

I have no idea who Terry is, but even I know who he is!

It's not the Nintendo fans' fault for not having played any fighting games, Nintendo consoles haven't had fighting games besides CvS2 since the snes.

Pretty great, seeing Terry get BTFO by Sans a mere 40 minutes later by a fucking Mii Costume was glorious, and the fact that we’re getting more characters means that I don’t have to be disappointed anymore.

Attached: 21F330C0-ACDC-415D-B6F5-4784F1CE84FC.jpg (750x662, 418K)

chocking I know that this character on the left that is memed by all the influencers like pewdiepie and shit is getting more reception that the guy on the right totally unknown to zoomers

most people in the FGC have never touched a Fatal Fury game in their lives, and not many more will have played a KoF

Is a second round confirmed? I haven’t had time to watch

I'm getting too old for this shit

Attached: Roger_murtaugh_lethal_weapon.jpg (435x328, 35K)

>phonefag
>ad populum
>shitty post
sasuga

Calm down, Captain Faggot. Hardly anyone outside the autism chamber that is the FGC follows the genre even slightly.

Attached: 5690b3b22f7f8abfa66b1dfe0ae7b677a636648a.png (451x450, 119K)

when was the last fucking time a mainline, brand new fighting game came to a Nintendo console again? FighterZ, which was still delayed by a year?

The fact niggers be talking about literal KOF, SNK and Terry Bogard. Gives me hope that SNK has a chance to put out more games and the new generation can be introduced to their library.

Smash gives a lot of publicity to the fighters featured there, and SNK really needed a boost, it makes me happy!

Attached: 1567663027554.jpg (579x329, 24K)

Yeah, Sakurai said "don't crash our servers looking to mine for information, but more fighters is chief among their plans"

Mother is the only Nintendo IP in the game without a game that broke 1m sales, I think Ice Climbers did just 200k less than the 3 Mother games combined

GAROU 2 confirmed

nice deflection contrarian faglord

>smash is a fighting game, stop saying it's a party game
>so we should do like the other fighting games and add classic characters from other fighting games
>noooo, i want funny skeleton man
I hope Sakurai keeps triggering the zoomers like that.

>smash is now the closest to a cvs3 i'll ever get
weird timeline

in Tekken 7 you have Geese vs. Akuma

Smash is a fighting game known specifically for having characters that AREN'T from fighting games. Ryu already has being from a fighting game as his gimmick, Terry is just ken with a hat as far as most people are concerned.

Old.

This, it's something contrarian zoomers and seething FGCucks will never understand.

The whole appeal of Smash to start with was watching Mario and Luigi beat the shit out of each other, that's something nobody ever thought would officially happen back in the day. Who cares about Terry when beating the shit out of people is something he always does anyways.

Not surprised. Zoomers care about their shitty meme game. If Sakurai wanted to please them we would have Tracer, Steve and Tide pod eating mechanics. Terry has actual legacy as a character

I dont understand the Yea Forums obsessing with this CGI skeleton,

>still using tide pod eating references in twenty and fucking nineteen
shit you really are a 45 year old boomer, or at least as out of touch as one
do you still use facebook to repost ben garrison cartoons as well?

>Wii Fit trainer
Every single normie I know "played" wii fit, even my dad who hates video games, it was a massive fad.

wtf hes fucking huge
hes supposed to be kid sized

Should developers only add what is most hip and popular though?

Just choose another character then, faggot. You have like 60 other options

>this is a real fucking game that you can play RIGHT NOW
Literally who gives a fuck about Terry Bogard, I can put Solid Snake and Cloud fighting Banjo and Kazooie and Joker.

>BUT DUDE WHY AREN'T YOU EXCITED ABOUT KEN WITH A HAT
BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING KEN WITH A HAT WHERE THE FUCK IS MARCO?

Attached: 1561101680355.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

>veryone keeps moaning but he is a shoto, but projectile, forward moving side b and rising up b could sum up at least 1/3 of the cast.
You are indeed correct. So what the fuck does Terry bring?

I still refuse to believe that hat Ken got in over Metal Slug

I played MUGEN for hours as a kid and even watched saltybet for a good but and I don't know who terry is
and what the fuck is neogeo

>Two literal whos
Bravo Nintendo

Attached: 1563502417278.png (853x480, 470K)

> and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up.
Does this actually work?

If you exclude the fact that you can buy every KOF game individually on the store, the KOF collection came out for the Wii.

Wouldn't the creator of undertale have a more concentrated group of people that care about this?

most people played MUGEN for whacky shenanigan matches like Dark Ronald McDonald vs. SSJ4 Final Broly or whatever
so now take a guess to what most people play Smash for and why they are kind of letdown by Terry

yes

>Sans
>Literal who

are you fucking retarded? everyone knows who Sans is. eathier from Undetale or just memes that have been spammed here for fucking years. stupid retard.

>old games that came out years ago and nobody really cares about anymore, especially because there's no online play for them
also I specifically said New Mainline game, but whatever