Cyberpunk 2077 third-person mod is doable

Think about it: this game will have to have ray-tracing implemented. The only way a third-person mod is feasible is the requirement for the player character to be fully animated. The devs will be forced to include full-body animations even if you're in first-person because your movements will have to be seen on various reflective surfaces.

I have to be optimistic, because I have been waiting 7 fucking years for this game and I NEED it to be good, even with all the updates of it that I read about on this board that is drastically dragging down my expectations.

Attached: cp2077reflection.jpg (1263x642, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FknHjl7eQ6o?t=240
twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1149313134504665089
twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1168488555469049856
twitter.com/AnonBabble

user.. whether or not a game is first or third person has nothing to do with it being good or not.
Also the game doesn't use ray tracing for reflections, it uses it for lighting.

A third person mod is absolutely retarded, it ruins the immersion. The first person aspect is better now that muiltiplayer has been confirmed so that others can see our characters.

Imagine still seething about the game being in first person.

why don't they just make an idle animation that zooms back to third person? you wouldn't have to run around night city to find a mirror or see your static pic in the menu

why is cdpr so retarded?

god what a fucking unironic cope post

>I NEED TO PLAY DRESS UP AND SEE MY CHARACTER. I HATE FIRST PERSON BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH WORSE IT IS ON CONSOLE AT 30FPS
Both autists and console niggers blown the fuck out in one fell swoop. I love it.

third person is more immersive than first person. First person you are just a floating camera with a gun attached to the screen

I just don't want to be a floating pair of arms again, goddammit. What is so wrong with wanting to see your character? What is wrong about implementing both view angle options from the get-go? No one gets fully-immersed as their character in first-person. You couldn't even feel your limbs move when you do any insane feats so there's more of a disconnect. Showing how your character's torso and legs move when doing those feats remedies that.
only good thing about the multiplayer is that it actually reinforces the viability of third-person modding because all parties need to have an actual animated body to be able to interact appropriately with one another

Attached: 56674769-gestures-topic-human-hand-gestures-showing-first-person-view-isolated-on-white-background[1 (1300x861, 41K)

Why are you bitches so obsessed about every single tidbit that is connected to Cyberpunk?

If Ubisoft or EA's AAA lineup made changes you wouldn't care at all but god forbid anything Cyberpunk blinks or ticks and then there's 10 threads on it.

only retard is you and those like you

They even seethe when "gender was removed" when all they did was take out the menu and revamped it into body type. They never read a single Cyberpunk themed story or novel, it's people swapping bodies like watches and impants out the butt.

>seething cdpr drone

gonna laugh my ass off when cdpr goes bankrupt after trannypunk flops LMAO

found the underage consoletard

How is it more immersive when you are watching yourself from a different perspective? Do you feel more immersed watching videos of yourself doing something or do you feel more immersed doing the act from your point of view?

take those meds incel neet

CDPR is supposed to be the chosen one. That they are the good guys of the industry. With all the news and changes being brought up, everyone is feeling that they're slowly falling to the same practices as those around them and it just strengthens this feeling that it's inevitable for something so good to be corrupted so very soon.

Attached: 1200px-CD_Projekt_logo.svg[1].png (1200x656, 54K)

By seeing all of yourself move in the way you chose to. That's the immersion. Showing your full control of the avatar's body is the exchange for not having the physical feeling of moving it yourself.

If it's not VR then I feel more immersed seeing it from third person. FPP without VR does not feel immersive at all; you act like it feels just like your perspective in real life. Nobody strafes around in real life always facing the direction of their eyes like you do in every FPS game

That's not immersion. Do you suffer from dissociation? Immersion heavily involves seeing things through your eyes and experiencing them in the first person. It can be the little things like getting hacked and then having the error message in your FOV telling you that something is wrong or even the digital glitches from getting beaten up(though, this can be done in the third as well.) or even breaking into a system and watch the feed directly in your eyes instead of having to click the x button to see. Sounds to me that you just hate first person, but your reasoning is too weak. Immersion comes from witnessing with your own eyes and being part of the act, not controlling from a spectators point of view with endorphins kicking in just because it does what you command.

>I don't want the most immersive perspective for an RPG
Ur a fag who doesn't like video games.

Welcome to the ray tracing meme

Why do you want third-person? To be more like Witcher? First-person means the game is going to be more like an immersive sim.

I don't know if you remember, but when the first witcher released it had a DRM so bad that it harmed computers. They had to remove it. They then added nude versions of the collectable cards to win back costumers. That is how they stumbled into the great reputation of pro-consumer (male) that they had up until now. When it fails they will go down the same path bioware did.

He just wants to see his female character, that's why he's spouting all that third person more immersive bullshit.

The multiplayer raises a difficult question. If a 3rd person mod exists that would give that player a major advantage over a player without. Would cdpr ban the mod? Allow it even though unbalances the game or be forced to create their own 3rd person ingame camera

Attached: 1523356299162.jpg (687x778, 93K)

>first person equals immerson

Attached: 1564648917422.png (337x354, 25K)

>Implying they'll give modding support after the shitshow they did with Witcher 3

It's not the most immersive. You are not witnessing things with your own eyes and being part of the act, it's all a big, hugely-fake feeling facade. See VR FPP > TPP > FPP

No amount of modding will save this game.

Attached: butt.jpg (2048x2048, 767K)

It's there "youtube compression excuse for Witcher 3 downgrade" but this time for CP77
Immersion is nice...but you cant say that when in the same game you have a Keanu Reeves look alike all of the sudden in the game roaming around...."oh look, is Neo/John Wick".

They're not going to let people use mods in multiplayer, dingus

>mods will fix the game
Pathetic and predictable.

The first thing I'm going to do is edit game files and remove the sun and replace all daylight skyboxes and shaders to the nighttime versions.

We will get an always night cyberpunk, even if the dev's dont give it to us.

I'll also work on replacing weathers for a 75% chance of rain

No, you're just entirely wrong. Being able to move a first person camera with a mouse is extremely immersive, and at high framerates it gets even more immersive. Your movements are also based directly on your own perspective and not a third person camera. It's just miles and miles more immersive than any TPP game.

>because your movements will have to be seen on various reflective surfaces.
lol no they wont
all the mirrors will just be broken
the game is set in dystopian future, you think they'll have intact mirrors

console niggers=autists=trannies=/pol/tards

>ITT: four guys argue for 200 posts over which camera angle they find most immersive, not realizing that it's entirely subjective

exactly. og deus ex is one of the most immersive games of all time and had tpp cutscenes

immersion is just a shitty buzzword cdpr drones with literally zero brain like ti spout

>third person is more immersive
>*shoots you in the face from behind a corner without even needing to peek once*
>immersive

Yeah sure,TPP is literally cheating

That's my point retard. A 3rd person mod in a single player game would be fine even allow people with motion sickness to actually play the game. But with an online it inbalances it. If cdpr ban a mod that stops people from getting sick or spoils the game for them then players will be pissed off. They're creating problems for themselves

>og deus ex is one of the most immersive games of all time
lmao

Even if they modded it for thirs person, animations would need to be completely overhauled. The game and V’s animations have been designed specifically for first person. Simply changing the view won’t fix everything or anything.

THIS THIS THIS

It's like trying to add TPP in a game like Mirror's Edge where it's focused purely for FPP gameplay

CDPR is already spreading its legs. First multiplayer, and soon we'll get paid shitty dlcs, then finally, microtransactions.

But with multiplayer you see the other players animations so they'd have to have 3rd person animations in the game right?

Yea Forumsirgins, do your duty and DAB on dem 3rd person niggers
FPP CHADS RISE UP

Attached: file.png (498x359, 63K)

>vanilla is the only valid experience
you must be a real bore

I reject fake immersion. You can't fake the connection to a face and body without VR. I get immersed in games like I get immersed in movies, and movies are third person (except for those shitty found-footage movies, which also feel like fake-immersion)

Source? I was considering getting an RTX card just for this game, but if I'm not getting reflection memes with it I don't see why I would.

That's a nice cope.

third person would cause a lot of problems with console. I'm guessing they're only doing first person because the smaller FOV allows the game to run better, I don't think the game would be stable on console with third person. either because they can't be assed to optimize it or if its to much for the console hardware

Attached: 1567656591074.png (1905x2375, 1.79M)

When the fuck did you morons get the impression it was gonna let you play in third person?

It's expected of every shooter that comes out on consoles in the year of our lord, 2019, because it makes aiming and navigating much easier for people who think their thumbs are the most dexterous finger.

i like first person
but then i like pov sfm

It won't have modding tools so the more complex mods like third person mode or whatever most likely won't be possible.
99% of mods will just be shitty retextures and some .ini stat edits.

Attached: 1567702043592.gif (600x600, 1.84M)

>When the fuck did you morons get the impression it was gonna let you play in third person?
Multiplayer mode for opening the option for third-person mods.

>third person is doable
>on an engine nobody that cdpr has worked on

Attached: 1533709122843.jpg (640x517, 102K)

Camera mods are not that complex. You can usually do that kind of shit with cheat engine if nothing else

Sure but it won't be fully playable or optimized. Hell just turning around would be janky. You'll maybe get camera but animations will still be bugged and shooting won't be possible. Not to mention all those scripted animations which require first person like melee takedowns, hacking, opening doors etc.

>Not to mention all those scripted animations which require first person like melee takedowns, hacking, opening doors etc.
Rest in piss 3rd person mods

>your requirement for immersion is the same as mine
what a very female way of thinking, are you a woman

you dont need RTX for reflections....

and why do you even need third person??

I don't need it, I just greatly prefer it

Multiplayer means the third person animations will be in the game for other players to see

RTX gets you bendy mirrors and infinite mirrors tho, and more detail in general inside of reflections.

>Character customization
>Only see character in cutscenes
it always nice to have the option to see the character in the world, the one thing R* and Bathesda understand is giving the option.

Why do we even need first person? Honestly I'd just like a video of somebody else playing the game sent to me when I purchase it.

You can see your character in the character screen, in mirrors, and while using the third person camera in vehicles.

I'm sure you can see your character through the roof of your car

can you see your characters reflection in the eyes on NPCs too?

>more detail in general
no.
>bendy mirrors and infinite mirrors tho
yes. if implemented and with an insane performance cost. I can promise you that you cyperpunk 2077 wont be an "RTX" game.
>Character customization
from what ive seen its barebones. Cyperpunk 2077 is clearly NOT a game about char customization.

There are motorcycles, and there are these things called windows.

Yes. For example, when all of them look at your character with disgust and disdain you will be able to infer from that that you are a disgusting and disdainful person.

How would it be anything like that? You are fully controlling the character yourself no matter the perspective

why are people so fixated on 3rd person? look at system shock, look at deus ex, cyberpunk first person rpg's are not something new. this is literally the least of the problems that a game might have.instead of praying that it will have immersive story,atmosphere, memorable characters, solid gameplay, etc, you faggots flip over 3rd person camera.

Attached: 1517684535575.jpg (692x960, 207K)

You drive by looking through the windows at your character?

Implying they didn't explicitly say all cutscenes are now Rockstar ride along sequences.

Attached: 2980546_0.jpg (630x630, 80K)

>Cyperpunk 2077 is clearly NOT a game about char customization.
so it seems, it really goes against the hype for the game where I assumed it was going to be very in depth, especially when they claimed to have no genders so i thought it be similar to Saints Row 2 where gender was a slider. So sad that it looks like it will have stock bodies and limit customization to faces. Clothing will be super restricted too im certain. Sad that this game cant surpass decades old games like SR and APB

Attached: lav.png (578x580, 496K)

Yea Forums is just being Yea Forums. as in every other case, the game will launch, they will play the shit out of it, and then shitpost about it (while having the game alt-tabed probably). do yourself a favor and stay out of these threads until you finish the game.

Attached: 2233324321.jpg (259x194, 41K)

You post by putting sage in the name field?
I like how you completely ignored the motorcycles, though.

Shills from other companies absolutely seething at cdpr. Perhaps Epic because they aren't taking their store exclusive bait shit. Can't see any other company giving as much of a shit since it's not direct competition to anything and they've had a long ass time to move stuff away from their launch window.

Attached: cave johnson.jpg (400x300, 32K)

I ignored the motorcycles because they haven't shown third person bike riding. Only first person.

This is the only way i'm playing this game. Fuck 1st person shit it's just not for me. I even played borderlands with a 3rd person mod and it was fun as fuck

?

Attached: cybercycle.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

>they haven't shown third person bike riding
Yes they have, retard. Thank you for confirming the people shitting on this game don't know shit about it.

Attached: thirdpersonbike.png (929x676, 510K)

You mean that half a second shot of a stationary motorcycle?

>1st person rpg
Come on mate it even sounds retarded, i know it;'s been done before but these games are normally third person for a reason.

Attached: young nick fury.jpg (400x331, 22K)

full retard

Attached: 1508714587706.jpg (600x600, 54K)

NO NO NO, I DON'T WANT TO BE WRONG, I'M RIGHT THERE'S NO THIRD PERSON AT ALL, YOU CAN NEVER SEE YOUR CHARACTER AHHHHH WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME IGNORE WHAT YOU'RE TELLING AND SHOWING ME AHHHHH

youtu.be/FknHjl7eQ6o?t=240

Attached: images.jpg (220x229, 8K)

They showed it in motion.
Which kinda shits on the whole "immersion" buzzword. If they'll let us see our character like this they might as well give us 3rd person on foot too. At least out of combat.

yeah pretty much this expect I dont really see it as a minus. I mean Dues Ex was a masterpiece of an rpg and that had zero customization

Wait a minute, are you guys defending 3rd person screenshotbait only motorcycles? Because all I'm seeing is a half second clip of third person.

holy shit dude

Attached: 1631af958da3ed5cf6fe7f48efa3fa17.jpg (1229x745, 360K)

>screenshotbait
you can clearly see the nigger, in the video, riding his bike in 3rd person. just stop embarassing yourself further.

>DAB on dem
Go back

For half a second. Why did they focus on first person 995 of the time? Do you really think half a second of gameplay is proof?

NO NO NO, I CAN'T BE THIS WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING. IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY. WHY WOULD I BE SO WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING? I'VE NEVER BEEN WRONG IN MY LIFE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (680x708, 387K)

nigger you can clearly see it toggle, from first person, to fixed 3rd person behind it. it's no bullshot either, you can see hud elements remaining on screen even after the toggle. believe whatever the fuck you want.

Attached: 1522457285230.png (415x560, 296K)

Of course the player character will be fully animated, they're tacking on a multiplayer component, it might glitch out in some single-player cutscenes if they're only animated for first person. But then again, they're adding multiplayer so it might be impossible to mod the game.

there is actual footage of driving through a slum area of Pacifica in the new 15 minute gameplay montage.

Also have you considered why the fuck they would bother animating even a half second of gameplay-like footage just to lie?
CDPR, one of the last bastions of decency in game design, outright lying to fans about how bikes would be drivable?

Like how retarded can you be?

Open wide: twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1149313134504665089

Remember when the 2018 gameplay reveal had cutscenes

What do you mean "defending"? It's there, in-game. It's not really some revolutionary feature either. I'm just saying it's kinda lame we can only see our character like this and not on-foot.

Because the entire video is a messily edited shortened version of the real E3 2019 demo. Again they already coded in the view and animations for the 3rd person bike and showed it in motion. It's in the game.
Which again brings me back to my original complaint above.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

There we go 3 solid seconds of gameplay. Wow

Attached: 1564940086236.jpg (325x325, 10K)

Do you have actual brain damage or something?

>I get immersed in games like I get immersed in movies
Like a console nigger. You are literally admitting that your brain works the same way with movies as it does with games. How fucking pathetic.

yes

Do you? I wouldn't bet on 3rd person being remotely in the game off of a 3 second video even if my life depended on it.

Attached: ihjy868iztc21.jpg (750x728, 30K)

The reason is stupid console niggers and they're controllers + 30fps. Third person action RPGs were essentially a new invention with the 2010's for those reasons.

I've only seen you capable of reading for the past half hour or so, and that's a relatively small amount of time across your entire life, so I'm just going to assume you're illiterate and somehow managed to bang just the right keys to have this discussion today. I think this is a fair trade of assumptions.

It almost seems as if he's false-flagging to silence criticism.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video 2.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

What if I showed you the footage of the lying cars? Even a second would suffice right? That would mean they were in the game.

Nice third person, got any other footage of the MC staring at nothing on a motorcycle?

So how would the MP work in this game?

Horde mode

Not sure yet, they said they'll work on that after some dlc after launch.
Maybe some coop scenarios or just general fucking around in Nigh City?

They are in game. No footage has been shown of a player riding in one or driving one, and they have said once or twice they are not pilotable iirc. Meanwhile, there is footage of multiple instances of a player driving a motorcycle in third person, and they have confirmed that is a feature.

You see, it's not hard to base things off of facts, instead of being a delusional retard on the internet.

This Bike TPP argument actively lowered my IQ. And the worst part is, that I am not even sure if you all are merely pretending or just that stupid

Attached: ..retarded.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

What argument?

>he just gives up and stops replying because he just CANNOT handle being THIS wrong
don't worry, give it like ten more years and your brain will be finished developing, and then you'll be able to function like a proper human being

unless you actually do got the brain damage, in which case good luck

But CDPR has already proven that they will remove features that have been revealed. I'm sure they could memoryhole 3 seconds of gameplay easily.

Yes, that is correct. Not sure what your poor drawing skills have to do with it.

Third person cutscenes were confirmed to still be in. Can you name these other features you think that were confirmed and then removed?

It's called breathtaking, but he hasn't suffocated yet.

>Third person cutscenes were confirmed to still be in
Proof?

twitter.com/Marcin360/status/1168488555469049856

>Achieving full immersion in an FPP game is extremely important and the decision made by the team to go 100% first person in @CyberpunkGame is something that will benefit it greatly from gameplay and story-telling perspectives.
Definitely sounds like they randomly changed to first person only at the tail end of development and are just keeping the cutscenes they have done. Did you know momot is a known liar? REmember when he said the game was going to be nothing like the new deus ex games?

>third person is more immersive than first person
The whole point of first person is that it's YOU in the world, not "your character". This is much more immersive.

It just doesn't feel convincing. I won't feel like I'm really there unless I play in VR. So I might as well play in third person and at least get immersed in it like you get immersed in a movie

Ah, yes. This character called V that everyone constantly refers to as V with a voice that sounds nothing like my own. I am truly immersed.

>bro there is no third person while riding motorcycles
>okay maybe there are videos of it, but they're not real
>okay maybe they're real, but the feature will be removed day 1
>okay you might have a screenshot that says I'm wrong about features being removed, but that guy is a liar
I think we'll just call this the final destination in your outstanding mental gymnastics backwards somersault.

But it's not "you". V has his own alias, personality and voice.

So what, you use your real name and don't alter your voice or mannerisms in any way when you play D&D?

Attached: 1400922806701.webm (1248x1080, 881K)

You said it's ME in the game world, I said that it's a pre-determined character where the only meaningful variation is selecting one of two voice actors.

The game is built around first person, so it'll be good. I have no real preference towards first or third person (I like both), but have faith in CDPR user. There's a reason people are ripping off the Witcher 3's cutscenes. They'll be sure to set a new standard with cp2077

lmao

just imagine the weight of the day one patch

Attached: 1542468762622.jpg (305x301, 10K)

And you are V when you play the game, or you should at least have that mindset. That's why first person is better, because it's closer than third.

>it's YOU in the game, not just a character
>no actually it's just a character called V
k

And you are V. Do you understand?

You're the one who claimed third person was still in the game and then posted a tweet that said they were 100% going first person.

Attached: facepalm.gif (350x232, 1.48M)

Did you even read the tweet?

Attached: 1492376246620.jpg (549x604, 56K)

Imagine walking into some futuristic hood like you just stepped out of a 90s boy band.

To oogle at their shitty waifu of course.

Depends, have you bought your Nvidia™ RTX 2080 yet?

Isn't that most Final Fantasy games?

>100% first person
>the cutscenes we already made will be in the game
>we're going to rockstar-like ride along exposition
What did I miss?

I think you missed your argument, but that's okay because I don't know who the fuck could figure it out at this point.

I'm just wondering how "very occasionally" translates to anything other than get fucked on the third person dilemma.

I get the impression someone very orange is obsessed with 100%.

Attached: just the tip.jpg (800x533, 69K)

>third person babby
BAWWWWWWW

>Would cdpr ban the mod?
Yeah, no shit.

>allow people with motion sickness to actually play the game
I see this shit all the time. Is this some new zoomer weakness? I have NEVER ever met anyone with this issue. Ive never even heard of it until now.
ive only ever heard of motion sickness when it came to VR.
>If cdpr ban a mod that stops people from getting sick
cry some fucking more. Jesus what is shit?
>or spoils the game for them
so what CS and Quake should also have 3rd person perspective? I just dont get it. Not ever fucking RPG game has to be a TPP. FPP RPGs are rare and far between.