Odds Your Favorite Character Will Be in Smash

I rank the odds of your favorite character getting into Smash.

> High Tier

Edelgard. Let's be real, Three Houses sold bigly and Sakurai loves this franchise. The extra slots pretty much confirms that she's in. Axes and magic which could make for an interesting moveset so don't piss yourself just because it's another FE rep.

> Mid Tier

Byleth. If we don't get Edelgard, it's because we got Byleth.

Ryu Hayabusa. Koei Tecmo is an important studio for Nintendo and this is their guy. May or may not come with a port of Dead or Alive 6.

Geno. What do you expect. People are crazy about this guy and Sakurai responds to that. I think he wants it too. Honestly, is it really ultimate if we don't get dolldude?

> Low Tier (but still higher than others tier)

Mythra/Pyra. Extra slots mean there's room for her, but how popular was this game in Japan really?

Reimu. Anything is possible after Sakurai's date with Toby Fox, I know, and I agree her chances are way up from meme status. Japan loves 2hus. But this is still a longshot.

Waluigi. Why not? He's weird enough to be a character and an assist trophy.

> Very Low

Doomguy. Western franchise.

Steve. Western franchise.

Attached: edelgard.jpg (850x1093, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=poKI_MY0Bkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rank bomberman

>someone actually took minutes out of their life to write 11 pages of smash fanfiction for Yea Forums

BL low / very low. definitely possible if the decision to add more characters came after his inclusion as a mii costume.

what else am I supposed to do? play video games?

NEVER EVER TIER
Master Chief
Doomguy
Twili Midna
Octopath
Extella rep

SOMEWHAT PROBABLE, INDIFFERENT
Rex+Pyra
Kos-Mos
Edelgard/Dimitri

FUCK I HOPE NOT
Steve
Yet Another SwordLord My Unit
Geno

>Edelgard is his favorite character
Who even thinks this

You were already BTFO incredibly hard Edelfags, let it go.

Edelgard was absolutely 0% before the announcement of new slots. There was no time for it.

Now that there's extra slots anyone who thinks we're not getting either Edelgard or Byleth is crazy. We got fucking Corrin last time, even fans of the series didn't want Corrin

Rate Dante and Heavy from TF2

Steve is literally never ever getting in because Microsoft wants to cut all ties with Notch, and guess who created Steve. He's not even present in promotional artwork for updates and shit. No matter how much anyone at Nintendo wanted him to get in, it won't happen

What about Travis Touchdown, Sora, or 2B?

Sakurai basically admitted it's all 3rd parties again, saying he wants to bring in "new worlds".

Dante is low tier. Plenty of room for another Capcom rep, and DMC 2 just got a Switch port.

Heavy is v low. I have no hope for western franchises in Smash.

TT is actually a good pick and I'll give him low tier. Suda has been very loyal to Nintendo.

Sora and 2B I both give very low. Platinum is great for Nintendo, but they got their rep and Nier isn't coming to Switch in any form. Likewise I don't think we're going to see KH III Switch or another SE rep that isn't geno.

Attached: sample_b82e2a2706e5d33d1499d58b18afd28f.jpg (850x577, 144K)

That's a fair point, but Edelgard *is* from a new world. Mythra/Pyra aren't, but I don't rank them high.

I wouldn't rule out more Nintendo reps over that line.

I want Nightmare as a Soul Calibur rep

>new worlds
Monster Hunter confirmed.

New world doesn't mean a literal world, it means game franchise.

ahhhhh sorry man I already added Ivy. I just thought she would be a good fit for the franchise you know because of how she is

Attached: sample_fc6f6eaf780e8924bb97f58daa16c2e2.jpg (850x1199, 85K)

Geno is the dumbest fucking shit and is never getting in. People don't care about this character, they just want to 'be part of something' or some other dumb bullshit. They're asking for the sake of asking.

It is no longer a matter of if, it is a matter of when.

Attached: geno dab.gif (550x300, 1.54M)

I'm kind of inclined to think this, but here's why I put him mid tier. Why the hell isn't he *already* in? We know Sakurai wanted him. We know fans wanted him. What's the hold up?

Still, I like his odds. Square already got Cloud and Hero, but we still haven't seen the Mii costume pop back up. I've thought since the beginning that he would be the 5th fighter and the biggest reveal.

If Capcom is gonna get another rep, it's gonna be Leon from Resident Evil.

Attached: leon_kennedy_ssb4_request_by_elemental_aura-d7m5g57.jpg (1024x553, 129K)

Low tier. Higher than Dante? Hard to say. Leon is by far the biggest recurring character in Resident Evil, but he wasn't in the most recent game. Dante was in his franchise's most recent game, and will almost assuredly be in the next one.

Is RE or Devil May Cry bigger? I guess I'd give the nod to RE. It's weird to think about, but DMC started out as an RE game.

Leon and Dante might be about even. Third place goes to Phoenix.

>Western franchise
>detriment
Banjo just got in and the meme skeleton got not only a Mii costume but a song too, I don't think that matters anymore.

>100%
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
>75%
Doomguy
RE rep
>50%
Dante
KOS-MOS
>25%
Bill & Lance
Tales of rep
>0%
Riesz
Quote & Curly

FYI, Resident Evil 2 was on N64 as well and sold brilliantly, and Resident Evil 0, REmake, and RE4 all debuted on GameCube and all sold brilliantly. And Leon was in two of those games. Leon is arguably the most popular character in the series alongside Jill. Resident Evil's odds of getting a rep in Smash are higher than you can imagine.
>he wasn't in the most recent game
Excuse me, what?

Attached: resident-evil-2-remake---button-fin-1543614996402.jpg (1024x1024, 139K)

>Rex
Deconfirmed as a Mii Fighter.
>Doomguy
Fuck off with this meme.

>travis
>wonder red
>Dimitri
>Elma
>Akira

That´s literally all I want. Give me those characters and I´ll never ask for anything ever again

Sora
Chrono
2B
KOS-MOS
Amaterasu

Banjo and Undertale are honorary Japanese. Their weeaboo devs craved nip acceptance and got it. Not gonna be true for Steve and Doomy

youtube.com/watch?v=poKI_MY0Bkw

>Rex

I'm Pyra/Mythra > Rex, but I'd put both in low tier. I get why an X2 rep seems like a shoo-in, but is it more likely than Edelgard or Waluigi? I would say no, and I'm not sure we get three more Nintendo reps. That's why I put them low tier.

KOS-MOS is an interesting choice. She's more iconic than Pyra and Mythra, but also in the same game. It could happen. BL low/very low.

A Tales rep would probably have to be... LLoyd? The problem with Tales is it just doesn't have a series representative. The other problem with Tales is where the hell is the Switch title.

I meant 7, not Vendetta. But you make persuasive points. If we take it as a given that Capcom is getting a rep Leon is a strong choice.

The Tales rep would 1000% be Yuri, he is by far the most popular character in that franchise, no one else comes close.

>Dante is low tier.

Like hell he is. He's at least medium tier since he's a recognizable face for Capcom and a well respected icon of his era with tons of novelist potential.

Dante's biggest problem in Smash is limiting what moves he does have in Smash.

> Wonder Red

Very low. Low if a Wonderful 101 is ported.

> Elma

Very low. X2 is more likely to get a rep. Also, I think the window for an XX port has come and gone.

> Dimitri

Very low. It's Edelgard or Byleth.

> Akira

Help me out here. You want the whole movie in or what?

> Chrono

Very low. Too similar to Hero. I want it to be possible, but I just don't think it's possible.

> Amaterasu

Very low. Capcom owns the IP and has better reps.

You're right. I forgot about the Vesperia Switch port.

You and the Leonposter are probably right that I underranked Capcom reps. I would put both in BL Mid/Low. They still have to compete with each other, and to a lesser extent, Phoenix Wright. Also, a Capcom rep still isn't a lock. Keep in mind they already have Megaman, Ryu, and Ken.

Tales of Vesperia is on Switch.
Did the DE resurge interest for Yuri? I'd say someone like Kratos is more likely given that he's always top ten in every character poll.

Tales of Vesperia is on Switch.
Did the DE resurge interest for Yuri? I'd say someone like Kratos is more likely given that he's always top ten in every character poll.

It´s the MC from Astral Chain user. At least that one is still relevant for few days when Daemon x Machina comes out and will be the new thing for a couple weeks until Dragonquest 11 comes out and everyone forgets about both of then

> Kratos

Very low. Kratos is cool as hell. But for third party, it's gotta be the main character. You're never going to get Protoman instead of Megaman or Mai over Terry. Very rarely, you get Lucina over Chrom, but Lucina is sort of the face of that game.

> MC from Astral Chain

BL Low/Very low tier. I thought about that too. Platinum and Nintendo are cozy. Cozy enough for another rep though? Even if Astral Chain is the current hotness, I don't think Sakurai is in any rush to add it to Smash.

fulgore
metal sonic (e)
Jill valentine
Rayman

rank these ones

>Gamefags autist is at it again

>I get why an X2 rep seems like a shoo-in, but is it more likely than Edelgard or Waluigi? I would say no
On what kind of fucking reality do you live in?

> fulgore

v low. not getting another rare rep.

> metal sonic (e)

I want it to be true. But it would probably be Shadow. v low.

> Jill valentine

BL Low/mid. Actually a great pick over Leon since she was in the first game. Could be a Leon alt.

> Rayman

Mid. I'm inclined to think he was a lock for 4 before Legends went multiplat.

> reality

very low

Literally why would Edelgrd get in over the default player character Byleth? That's not how Smash works.

because Byleth is yet another sword Lord and as professor you take a back seat role to your chosen Lord in every route but the church, even your OP god powers aren't that big a deal. Claude, Edelgard, and Dimitri are even more disgustingly broken units than Byleth is lategame. Ruptured heaven is nice and all but edelgard's axe gives her infinite attacks as long as it had durability

As for it being Edelgarde she's the only Lord that's hyper relevant in all four routes.

"Yet another sword Lord" has never given Sakurai pause and it never will.

I acknowledge that we might get Byleth instead, but it should be pretty obvious why Edelgard could be picked.

1. She's the most popular character.

2. She's the face of the game.

3. She has a distinct look that separates her from the rest of the cast.

4. Everyone wants this.

5. People are only pretending to not like Edelgard.

6. In reality, Edelgard has universal support on this board and everywhere.

7. Even you are also just pretending to not want Edelgard in the game because this is a strange ruse we do to entertain ourselves.

8. Everything in our world is predetermined and Edelgard's inclusion in Smash Ultimate has been known since the big bang formed our universe. All of us know this but the illusion of chance is what makes life worth living.

Attached: H6NNU3aBeqDLxbWibLUx3N-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

If you don't think Doomguy has more of a chance now than ever you haven't been paying attention
>First the Doom 1/2 ports, now Doom 64
>presented by id VP Pete Hines
>Doom64 coming out in November, same as Eternal
>November is when Terry is due to be released
>Terry's release is the most logical time to announce the next character

>1. She's the most popular character.
>2. She's the face of the game.
>3. She has a distinct look that separates her from the rest of the cast.
>4. Everyone wants this.
>5. People are only pretending to not like Edelgard.
I wish you and your cringe virgin obsession with this character with fuck off. Norhing you said is true

yes

He may not get in but things are lining up so well.

Gotta give credit to a pretty good argument for doomguy. Those dates check out.

I just don't think DOOM is that popular in Japan, unlike Undertale and Banjo Kazooie which did well over there. I think that's a primary consideration.

>Muh western franchises!!!!!
>In this post-Banjo world
Are weebfags really this shitter shattered because of one (1) bear and one (1) bird?

Attached: megatexture.png (309x385, 248K)

My existence can only be validated when the corporate mascot I like is included in what amounts to a commercial masquerading as a party-fighting game for 10 year olds.

I will now post the same completely pointless thread over and over again because I have braindamage.

No, I always thought Banjo had a good chance.

> Banjo and Undertale are honorary Japanese. Their weeaboo devs craved nip acceptance and got it. Not gonna be true for Steve and Doomy

Byleth is getting in if any TH character is.
The 'another swordsman' complaint never worked before, and Sword of the Creator's chain-whip mode has a ton of potential in a moveset.

Thank you for this. It has been a long time since I have been able to relate to another person.

I don't think "another swordsman" would stop Sakurai either, but I lay out my argument for Edelgard here

Attached: 694d320618d6545379633bd08da1e0ce.jpg (1010x1610, 321K)

I don't want to appear to be one of those doomfags that apparently exist who demand you believe that he's in
I know the odds are still stacked - Japan barely cares about Doom and I don't think he'd make the best 5th character (though that might not matter now that more DLC is on the way)
but there's a bit of hope and I'm gonna hold onto that for a while
and if it doesn't work out, well, there's always doom eternal

I want to see Edelgard and Doomguy unironically.

>Shantae
Odds
Depending on how good her next game goes so I think high
>Monster hunter
Odds
Honestly I am surprised he is not in already

Attached: 70351020_2582964911755306_1394127881562488832_n.jpg (638x900, 65K)

nobody likes edeltard except some spergs though

>1. She's the most popular character.
She's not more popular than Dimitri is and she's only liked by unironic yuri shitposters. Fuck off retard.

>She's the most popular character.

Isn't that Dorothea or Lysithea at this point?

>H-Honorary Japanese!!!!
Reaching

Edeltards stop trying to make her popular, literally nobody fucking likes her and spamming her is insanely cringe at this point.

seethe more dimitrifag

Let's keep this in mind, my fellow Edelgardians

Attached: oRbDb.jpg (1000x689, 174K)

I doubt Dimitrifags are seething since their character is more popular than your shit hitlerfu though?

>geno
he is a forever never ever unless Nintendo and square remake mario rpg.
as of now it's not up to sakaria but up to him/Nintendo/square and they have no reason to give a fuck

> Shantae

BL low/very low. Reminder again that low is p good compared to the field and low/v low still puts her ahead of most characters in this thread. But Shantae is a small franchise. I think a small franchise like No More Heroes that is 1. Japanese and 2. has been exclusive to Nintendo has slightly better odds. But a lot of people have asked for Shantae.

> Monster Hunter

v low. I say this because Capcom has a huge field for reps. Could have happened if MonHun had stayed with Nintendo after the 3DS, but it didn't.

what can I say I fucked this up

Attached: ECgmgrAUwAAQ456.jpg (1779x1080, 574K)

By fujos, the driving force behind making the gameplay tailored towards mouthbreathers

Why would it be Edelgard and not Byleth with an adjutant system where you can use one of the three lords depending on who you choose before battle?

>Edeltards whine about "fujos" again to try and deflect from their shit waifu not being popular.
if dimitri is for mouthbreathers edelgard is for people who shouldn't breathe at all.

finally a character for me

Attached: sample_5ef60844b745517b4966e85c19d67e45.jpg (850x1223, 862K)

let me lay out my argument again for why edlegard is a lock for smash

Attached: bf4efd3485b9e50e1fa127a0d6c45477.jpg (799x1047, 120K)

I made it up

Attached: sample_4e08b0955b3003c78b44f9e5e23ff5e3.jpg (850x1134, 584K)

>steve
ugh, you kids gotta stop with this minecraft business, they already have miis, there's no reason for them to include another character that is essentially a blank canvas but a cube

>that white hair girl will be one of the newcomers!
>edelguard will be in the fighters pass
>.....they'll be in the NEXT fighters pass even though it'll be a year after 3H

Surely FE fans can deal with ONE, ONE time they added new characters to smash without including a FE character. You can't be THAT entitled right?

I literally just wrote high tier and put Edelgard in it

Attached: 98b8714af01f5c937a1b9ae8f9cb2da8.jpg (807x990, 73K)

this basically confirms edelgard for smash. she's high tier. it's a lock. she's in. you're welcome.

Attached: sample_11dcc773c32f25dfb056223b69d14b1d.jpg (850x683, 81K)

maybe they're waiting for smrpg to be on switch since he hasn't been in a proper game for about 23 years

very low is my way of saying I don't think it's getting in. this is where most things go and there's no lower tier.

..wait, they did just announce SNES games for Switch. You might be right. Geno release timed to SMRPG on the SNES service makes a lot of sense.

Attached: sample_542ee00b029899ff3c64315b836db7c6.jpg (850x1523, 124K)

Edelgard is the only one for people with a heartbeat canonically

Attached: edelgard-kotaro-yamada.jpg (596x811, 121K)

I want Edelgarde, Smash needs more villains

Want she totally outclassed by Camilla as the Fire emblem Axe postergirl?

Hell if they make a Tokyo mirage session 2 I really doubt she woud be chosen as the Axe girl over Camilla

Lances >>>> Lame ass Axes

Chad continental liberator >>>>> Fascist lesbian

Attached: 403EF521-65A1-4E2C-9958-0BC2F8246428.jpg (761x723, 142K)

it is done

> Camilla

Very low. Not a main character, and I don't think Corrin was well-received. Titty-nee-chan would be a weird pick desu.

Honestly a good idea. Something like this that includes all three lords seems very Sakurai.

> Dimitri

Mid, but only part of something like above that includes all three lords. For a solo rep, I think Edelgard takes it.

Attached: 02b6a6d28defe2f2af2d1ef7add82fd3.jpg (848x1200, 122K)

>Fascist Lesbian

Have sex

Attached: 5a2.jpg (1214x1239, 356K)

Axes are the best. THE BEST.

Youre getting rex and pyra and you will like it .

>I'm attracted to her, therefore she's good

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-100115__01.jpg (1440x1818, 456K)

But literally everyone who plays that gacha shit game is into Camilla and Edelgard will most unlikely able to match that.

That moment when you realize that Dimitri is this generation “My name is NON important”

I used to rank Pyra/Mythra higher (I like their odds better than Rex, but only slightly. If we get Rex, they'll be with him anyway).

I still like them better than the field. But if we're getting more Nintendo reps, we're probably getting Three Houses now. The window where Pyra/Mythra were already in development for the first pass already looks closed.

Could happen. I want it to happen. But I just don't think it's a lock.

> Four yous

I'm blushing stop

Attached: 353c14758fad29ecdda5998aeec43f6b.jpg (820x1009, 93K)

How likely are we to start seeing characters who didnt originate in video games? I bet on Mickey Mouse.

> Mickey Mouse

Very low. This idea isn't comletely bonkers though I think Sakurai is pretty balls out now.

Square Enix could lend some KH alts and tracks, and there's stuff from the SNES games too. But Disney would have to be the first mover here. Would they? I kind of doubt it.

The majority of the world, dumbass.

the majority of gamers, let alone the world, wouldn't be able to name a FE character that isnt already in smash

>The Prince of All Cosmos

Very low chance, but it would be such a unique baller character.

Extremely low, but Geralt would be the one to kick it off

I think Disney could have some interest if they thought they could start dominating the video game industry as they have with the film industry.

Geno being the 5th fighter makes sense. I honestly can't think of a character announcement that would generate more hype.

Crash Bandicoot

You know what, that's fair. I was thinking "favorite" in terms of Three Houses characters, not in terms of all video game characters.

Still, Three houses is extremely popular, and FE was getting reps long before it was the worldwide phenomenon it is now.

That’s a vague statement. That could just as much mean new entires in existing series

>Still, Three houses is extremely popular,

lol

Japan and Yea Forums are not the entire world, as much as you might wish it. Though even in Japan and Yea Forums polls, Edelgard always ranks high.

>The Prince of All Cosmos

Agree entirely.

> Geralt

Very low. I know there's a Switch port. Again though, I don't like the odds for Western franchises. Honestly think Mickey has better odds because nips are crazy for the house of mouse.

Yep. If it weren't for the compelling pattern of every DLC being from a different company, I'd be nearly 100% on this.

I do think the fact that SNES games are coming to Switch says a lot. SMRPG isn't in that list... that other poster convinced me it's being held for Geno.

Very low. Technically not a Sony IP. But it's a weird situation. Nintendo and Sony aren't cozy. They actively compete for exclusives.

I would hope that they would have the good sense not to add a THIRD blank slate self-insert character. Japan goes absolutely apeshit for them, but holy shit we have enough already. I'd honestly be fine with Dimitri as well, so long as we get a character with a real personality who doesn't use a sword.

>Female Byleth that's high

I hate weebs but love this franchises gameplay

Just go full Pokemon Trainer with it and have Byleth be the background tactician who chooses which lord to send out.

>only Lord that's hyper relevant in all four routes.
Yeah as a crazy bitch that needs to be put down in three of those and her own route becomes a joke when you get the true facts about the world in GD.

I like to admit when I'm wrong. I said Edelgard was the most popular character without looking it up, and then I looked it up and she wasn't the most popular character.

It doesn't affect her chances. I already put her in high tier, and you can't edit posts on Yea Forums.

Japanese people, the original weebs

I think it would be like that, but you have to choose it at the character screen. Byleth is just in the back giving them orders. I mean, that's basically what happens in the game right?

Attached: sample_32f51b7d3b7207f517d4378a09717032.jpg (850x1046, 164K)

Dimitri is way more popular than this cunt

Being a Reimufag has been such a wild ride.
>Sm4sh releases: Reimu isn't even worth speculating
>Cloud is announced: haha, might as well add Reimu if he qualifies
>Shovel Knight showcased as an assist: Indie representation, neat, Reimu is indie too.
>Sm4sh releases, Shantai gets deconfirmed: Reimu could get in as dlc, there's plenty of indie love here but no Reimu
>ULiL comes to switch: Neat I hope they fix the onli... Wait shit Reimu has a legitimate claim to Smash.
>Sans Mii Outfit: Fuck Reimu actually has a real shot now.
The odds are still low, but fuck it you guys have succeeded in giving me real hope.

>My favorite character is already in smash.
>This game is literally impossible to trump so I can always say "wanna play ultimate instead?" if they ever get cut.

Attached: 1523765796207.png (700x603, 116K)

>Otis posting becomes a thing
>We get a cow in WBaWC

Attached: 1544907774041.jpg (377x264, 23K)

but she is literally a fascist lesbian. at least claude's a handsom devil and a secret king of the neighboring town

>ULiL
Fuck me I'm retarded, obviously mean AoCF

Slim to none.

Attached: ImageJ.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Dimitri is a better character for sure but realistically it's either Edelgard or Byleth.

You have to be a special kind of retard to think female hitler Stalin has an actual chance

But why? She's not bigger, liked or more popular.

Well her fans only think with their dick. So makes sense

Has Kratos even ever been on a Nintendo console? Pretty sure Sony owns him so his chances are effectively 0.

Edelgard is not getting in retards. Dmitry is the most popular character by a mile. He's the one getting added if anyone.

I legitimately don't wanna act like she has a bigger shot than 1% but we're in the post Sans world right now, and Nakoruru got deconfirmed with a relatively big middle finger to her fans, fucking anything is possible.

She's super shilled user

Pretty sure Rex [With Pyra/Mythra] still has a reasonable chance now since Sakurai went out of his way saying the only reason he didn’t make it before was because of time constraints hence the pity mii costume + music tracks. He loved Xenoblade 2

everybody in this thread that thinks they're gonna add more fire emblem characters any time soon is delusional

Fire emblem three houses was extremely popular. It's totally possible.

Byleth is gonna get in over Edelgard if we are looking how Smash done Smash reps before.

Edelgard isn’t even the most popular female in 3H. It’s Lythesia. She might have been the lord with the most push but doubt she is gonna get in over Byleth.

Byleth also at least won’t be another generic sword character. He has a whip sword, light magic, and time manipulation canonically.

I don't think they'll add byleth, theyre not popular. If fire emblem gets a rep it would almost certainly be dimitri who is the most popular character with a good visual design.

>He has a whip sword, light magic, and time manipulation canonically.
Can also toss in some punches and kicks with the brawler stuff.

>Time Manipulation
So a counter got it

Magic too

Yeah probably, there's no really escaping that curse.
It'd be cool if it wasn't though and it actually sent them back a few seconds like Tracer's thing.

Fuck Gay Emblem

>sold bigly

Holy mother of sothis, Edeltards can't stop making a fool of themselves

Attached: 1567602131211.jpg (992x796, 111K)

It's Crono you pleb. Too many anime swordsmen, too many creators. Sora is disney cancer, nintendo knows that they should not touch this shit.

Jim Carrey’s Mask has a 50-50 shot of getting in.

Attached: 2A083AB7-D199-4995-A192-EDA8815022BA.jpg (620x426, 109K)