Everyone was hyped for Geese in Tekken 7

>Everyone was hyped for Geese in Tekken 7
>Everyone was hyped for Mai in Dead or Alive 5
>Everyone was hyped for Haohmaru in Soul Calibur
>Most of Smash players are shitting on Terry
What gives Smash friends? I don't play FF/KoF but I thought his reveal was pretty cool.

Attached: Terry and Ken.gif (480x320, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qg9mhLMiHkI
youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA
youtube.com/watch?v=wn22dxKCoI4
youtube.com/watch?v=oBKsGXlLdQg
youtu.be/RVuon4OLtpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hat Ken

>main character of a legendary 30-year fighting game franchise BAD
>side character in one spinoff JRPG 25 years ago that both companies involved have actively tried to bury GOOD

Three fighting games vs. a party game.

It really is as simple as that

Games smash fanboys play without smash inducing them:

Platformers
Mario spin offs
Baby rpgs
Cult games re released by nintendo.

Games smash fanboys refuse to play unless smash induces them:

First party games from other consoles
Fighting games
50 hours+ RPGs
Games with cinematography

If smash players didn't enjoy to jump into bandwagons the character requests would be all over the place and there won't be clear "front runners and un requested characters"

HEY KUM KUM

>if 2 persons use the same pants/t-shirt or have the same hair color or eye color or skin color , they are the same person
thank your for enlightening us with your wisdom

The majority of Smash plays are Nintendo loyalists, and therefore haven't played many fighting games outside Smash games. Terry's a literal who to them.
Seems to me that Crash and Doomguy are the sweetspot for both highly requested + highly likely for DLC characters, so I imagine lots of people were expecting one of them.

>comparing american kicking ryu with a Bogard brother

But this is also false though. He looks like more of a charge character than a shoto (Don't play his series so correct me if I'm wrong)

Laocorn DLC when

Attached: FFTMP_Laocorn.png (201x451, 71K)

americans don't care about FF

this.
I've never touched the series in my life.

>I don't play FF/KoF but I thought his reveal was pretty cool.
Same here bro, I always love seeing characters from other fighting games getting into Smash

Nothing against Terry but there are better/more popular options for a KoF character

You’re wrong about everyone being hyped. A lot of people didn’t care or didn’t even know who Geese was, moreso than Terry.

he was already in EX Layer

Americans don't care about good games

Seething Overwatch niggers lashing out

You’re wrong. Terry doesn’t have charge moves.

It's not that I'm not shitting on Terry, it's more that he's just a kinda a meh pick. The gimmick of "A guy from a real fighting game is here!" was already done and his crossover factor of wanting him to meet the rest of the cast is basically entirely just "Oh, I always wanted Terry to fight the street fighter guys".

No they just don’t have to settle.

This. He has a ground hadoken, a shoryuken and a vertical hurricane kick which will be neutral b, side b and up b respectively. Of course a down b counter because sakurai has autism

My apologies then. But his play style could be more interesting than Smash than a "Ken Clone"

Actually, he has one charge move, in KoFXIII at least

Smashfags don't know about characters and series who barely had any presence in Nintendo consoles regardless of their significance

RISING TACKLE

its one move but its there.

Smash players don't play actual fighting games, thats why.

>Mai
People got hyped for Mai making it in DoA?

Smash fans think Terry is irrelevant despite being the protagonist of multiple games and being in multiple franchises while simultaneously clamoring for a side character from a JRPG from 23 years ago that hasn't ever shown up again to be added.

No one in their 20's and below know who he is. You're all quick to forget that aside here, and before everyone started using the character, the reaction to Hero was about the same as well.

People will stop reacting negatively soon enough. It's just they're upset they didnt get their personal next flavor of the month.

Ken isn't even a real American. He's a dyed-haired westaboo.

It's kind of pathetic that some people just can't accept that unless you're either really into fighting games or outside of the US, you didn't know who this guy was.

People don't know who your character is. Get over it.

Attached: wefekfef.jpg (284x177, 7K)

ken is american what are you talking about.

Aside the waifus? Not really

Kyo and Iori are shit compared to Terry, unless you want more pussy in the game, he's the only logical choice

wasn't ken shipped over to learn humility or something so he wouldn't be spoiled by his rich father being really rich

clark is really cool
0 chance though

dude party games rofl

Never played FF
Never played KOF
I think Terry is a cool guy
I look forward to his release

i don't remember people actually caring about terry in fighting ex layer.

90 percent of the "terry" players are gonna play the pranked version if it exist anyway.

>you can't add Terry, we already have Ryu!
>he says this, while a bunch of platformers and RPG characters are in the game

i think we might get coat terry but little to no chance of pranked terry

His reveal trailer was hilariously enjoyable.
I honestly don't care, I'm happy for anyone who wanted Terry. He's a gaming icon of the old arcade era.
I got Banjo, so I'm content.

Terry is boring. Your image pretty much explains why we aren't excited - we already have Ken in the game.

the fact that people refer terry to a KOF fighter all the time speaks volumes.

I envy smashfags they do not know how fucking lucky they are for having Sakurai develop their games.

Terry and Ken not only play nothing alike, but personality wise, but also don't act the same. This whole Ken = Terry schtick is really grating as a KoF fan.

Kof is more popular/newer than fatal fury. His trailer showed kof characters aside from the smashXfatal fury at the end

Attached: kof2002um-selection-screen-rip.png (640x480, 185K)

The whole KoF IP is very grating as a fighting game fan. Trash mechanics, trash character archetypes, trash music, trash visuals, only the character designs are pretty good here and there.

Smashfags are retarded, they keep saying that Terry is a shit pick because Ken is already in the game but they were shitting their diapers over Chrom not getting in when we already ad like 4 marths at the time.

Ken's nationality was retconned in later Street Fighter games because they gave him the last name Masters due to trademark issues with his name, but originally he was a Japanese guy with an American grandfather on his mother's side who moved to America for training purposes.

Pic related is from the Street Fighter II Complete File, a book published around the time SF2CE/HF came out in Japan. The first sentence basically says "born and raised in Japan".

Attached: DV9DxeuV4AAIP9X.jpg (1200x900, 115K)

>Trash mechanics
No.
>Trash character achetypes
Subjective.
>Trash music
Factually wrong.
>Tash visuals
Subjective.

Hello smashfag

That's because no one played that piece of shit

Smash literally thrives off of outrage culture.
It could have been a character they were actually asking for, and they'd still be mad.

Because Smash fags doesn't play fighting games.
They only play meme games like undertale.

Actually prefer Guilty Gear and Blazblue (games with actual mechanics, music, and art). Before that I preferred Darkstalkers (ultimate SOULFUL fighting game IP) and Street Fighter, though the new one is pretty bad. Probably because it plays like a KoF game.

Attached: 1565863149119.jpg (1280x1602, 762K)

>people who play actual fighting games are excited about crossovers from other fighting games
Color me surprised

Down-b is probably crack shoot.

If you play gay anime shit you have no say on the subject.

Literally my mom's Ken

>Gay anime shit

Attached: Gay Anime Shit.jpg (825x464, 79K)

*guard breaks you then infinites you*
HEY C'MON C'MON

Attached: GMotW_Terry.png (222x291, 6K)

Smash players don’t play a lot outside of Nintendo first party stuff. I kept wondering why RE doesn’t seem wanted and almost everyone says they’ve never played it except maybe 4.

Not even remotely a good comeback, put some effort at least faggot.

>incredibly niche character from a series that has always been very niche, even in the FGC
Woah a shocker that a character from a dying company isn't popular

>Americans
>Playing fighting games
It was a pick done out of respect and some people never got to see him in action or just never looked into it, but either way Smash tends to have very good picks which make sense and they celebrate it

Attached: 1518305406999.gif (245x180, 967K)

SNK got bought by some chinese billionaire who had nostalgia boners for the property. They've been on the rise.

Kyo is the main character

it's not as crazy a reveal as joker or even banjo, so people who aren't already into kof didn't like it/care all that much. people are drawn to the unexpected; that's why the sans announcement has like 191k likes on twitter and the terry announcement has like a tenth of that.

Zoom zoom.

Capcom vs SNK 2 Mark of the Millennium 200 is the best fighting game.

Imagine being this much of a Zoomer

But Terry was never the main character

> Protagonist
> Niche character

Go back to high school zoomer

>Doubling down

based duke covering up thots

He's visually too similar to Ken to people who haven't played FF/KoF. The people who haven't played those games also don't know what Terry plays like, and we didn't see any smash gameplay for how he differentiates himself, so as it stands, they see someone who looks like Ken in a hat and normal clothes and think it's just Ken.

Attached: 1532556572037 2.png (578x506, 373K)

youtu.be/qg9mhLMiHkI

Can we get this in smash?

Oh the irony.

>>Most of Smash players are shitting on Terry

This is objectively untrue. What's with everyone cumming to the idea that smash players dont like their character? I haven't seen a victim complex this big since the fe fans

Terry was the main character of Fatal fury, the franchise that prettty much built SNK, KoF didn't begin at KOF 94, it started at Fatal Fury. Get out zoomer

>*largest evo showing in the world*
>FACE IT FAGS SMASH IS A REAL FIGHTING GAME

>*Terry, from an actual fighting game - gets in*

>NOOOOOOOOOO

unironically I remember every leak someone would say Heihachi Mishima would be in FOR years even though he has the same notoriety as Terry for Smash players

Daily reminder that Fatal Fury was on SNES
King of Fighters was not

Attached: 1442488269570.jpg (500x375, 63K)

Rugal was very /fa/

Smashfags didn't even know what fucking Dragon Quest was, do you expect them to play any game besides Nintendoshit?

Attached: 1544913216280.jpg (576x432, 53K)

Which was the one with the cool box art of the slick guys in suits and one is sitting on a chair and one of them has a big stick?

>He's visually too similar to Ken
We literally have:
>Mario/Doctor Mario/Luigi
>Pikachu/Pichu
>Ness/Lucas
>Link/Young Link/Toon Link
>Captain Falcon/Ganondorf
>Every fucking FE character
>Others I'm probably forgetting
They literally look and play alike, so this excuse about Terry being Ken because they share color palettes is the stupidest shit.

That’s not canon.

Proof of "most smash players shitting on Terry"?

Smash has basically no connection to other fighters so why would the smash community care? Besides fighting game enthusiasts, I imagine the average smash fan hasn't played any traditional fighter.

Yeah, because people were screaming from the rooftops with joy when we got Toon Link and Chrom added.

Attached: 1515132524863 2.png (384x384, 122K)

People were shitting their pants over Chrom not getting in Tr4sh for years, what are you talking about?

>Toon Link
The fanbase was much better in the Brawl days, even when the last reveals were Wolf of all characters
The smash ballot destroyed everything

How much of a normie faggot is the smash community if they look at an iconic fighting game character being added to their fightining game and not knowing anything about it? It's not even like Terry has no history in nintendo consoles, Jaleco's SNK fighting game ports in the 90's were pretty decent and Fatal Fury Special was a lowkey hit worldwide.

wait a minute is ken american or not. I always thought he was american. you cant take that away from me like that. I cant cope with being lied to for 25 years

>Toon Link
That time was Japan Time.
Whoever got in people would've been screaming.

>Kyo
>Fatal Fury
found the idiot

>implying that those smelly faggots actually play games

Attached: 1567565781757m.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Honestly I was salty about him at first but mostly because there was basically no one asking for him and I barely know anything about KoF. I feel better now knowing that there's more characters coming.

That trailer was good as shit though, is there a good entry point into King Of Fighters? I heard there was an OVA.

>if guilty gear gets a smash rep it’ll be Sol instead of /ourdoc/
It’s for the best Terry got in

I genuinely don't know anything about Terry.
Could someone get me up to speed on him?
What should I know, what kinds of moves and playstyle can you expect from him, etc.

Once Bari stop caring about rights

This should be the music for his announcement trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA

He's the logical choice even if you want more pussy in the game

Attached: 1567635202683.jpg (850x1665, 172K)

lmao who cares about fatal fury. I'm talking about king of fighters

Yeah, except that part when they showed Geese falling from the tower as in Fatal Fury and Nakoruru from SamSho. If we get even more picky, Andy, Joe and Ryo have their own games as well.

Spoiler alert: people who play smash typically don't know, care about, or play other fighting games other than the biggest of the big like Ryu, Ken, or Chun Li. Do you not remember how mad people were that you had to know SF inputs for Ryu?

Fighting games are for fucking spics

87, 98, 2002, XIV and the most recent are all good entries.
Of course if you want PRIME Terry material you wanna check out the Real Bout Fatal Fury series and the magnum opus from SNK, Mark of the Wolves. Who is available for switch, btw.

Why did Terry leave his hat on the ground anyways?

smash is played by fucking everyone, not only fightinggamefags. terry, like it or not, is a niche character. if he was included in any other fighting game people would've been hyped but in the context of smash he barely matters because there are other characters that the general public want much more like fucking waluigi or sans. yeah, it sucks, but it's the truth.

>beaners are better at inputs than smashfags

They're idiots, I'm hyped af for Terry, I'm also glad Sans kinda got in, guess I'm just not ignorant.

What type of person you think plays smash?

>Those constant threads by Smashbabbies about how Ryu's inputs were too hard to do.

Attached: AD2AF5E6-D8E1-4CC1-B1DC-7220F4BBF29E.png (1280x1280, 1.18M)

I'm not into Smash or fighting games, help me understand why this character makes you so mad?

>3 fighting game characters crossover into other fighting games
>1 fighting game character crosses over into an autistic party game

At least beaners can perform a DP. You smelly pieces of shit are literally below Mexicans.

>Everyone was hyped for Geese in Tekken 7
>everyone
Half of people there didn't even know who the fuck that character was, you are full of shit.

>SNK vs Capcom were beloved fighting games that were praised on Yea Forums
>now that smash is in the mix one of the three fanbases is having a meltdown for no good reason
hmmmm

People that pay smash don't play fightan. Thats the difference

I think its pretty neat, but Terry would never be one of my picks for DLC assuming that there would only be 5 slots. I'm glad he's in and I'm glad we are getting more characters next year. Terry had one of the coolest trailers for a character, it is only a shame he got leaked.
There are tons of characters who would've been worse picks than Terry:
>Sora
>Indie shit
>Anime characters
>Geno
>Sonic's Friends
>Edelgard (the other 3H characters are fine though)

I was hoping it was geese. Could you imagine the rage if to do geese's super you had to pretzel

I'm sorry I'm not that interested, but for the record, I would have been more hyped if it was either Mai or Geese who got in Smash instead of Terry.

I'm still shocked that SNK escaped pachinko hell from a fucking chink investment.

Smash has a significantly younger demo than those other games.

>you will never be THAT rich

He doesn't. I think there were better picks even in his own franchise but ultimately I don't care that much. Especially after it's been confirmed that there are more characters on the way.

What irritates me is that some spics calling others zoomers have appeared because it was obvious that most people didn't know who he was.

>No idea who Simon and Richter were
>No idea who Terry is and spout "Ken with a hat" garbage

I could be feeling old from reading all this pathetic shit but I really just feel great from experiencing the best that the industry had to offer before it became a joke.

If the tracks are half as good as the Castlevania tracks, this shit will be ace.

youtube.com/watch?v=wn22dxKCoI4

>Fatal Cutie
Now make this an alt and we get hype.

Girl Marth
Dad Marth
Red Marth
Buff Marth

as long as we get Terry's objectively best theme I'm a ok with other KOF tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=oBKsGXlLdQg

>Official Capcom-endorsed book with concept art and statements from the developers
>Not canon
It's more canon than the Udon comics. Face it, Ken is a Jap.

Attached: Street_Fighter_II_Complete_File.jpg (785x1000, 116K)

How many music tracks do dlc characters typically get in smash? I havent bought any yet.

Persona got 11 with a few remixes
DQ got 8 with no remixes
Banjo got 10 with 7 remixes

Ken's dad is Japanese while his mom is American, so technically he's a half
although he was born and raised in America

man would you imagine if we got at least 1 theme per KOF game, 14 themes.

Thats American enough for me

Terry always asks everyone else if they are ok but nobody ever asks Terry if he is ok.

Ecstatic that Terry got in, happy for Undertalefags got some type of representation.
Honestly, that's pretty impressive that Toby Fox accomplished so much from one game. Deserves it.

most people are excited you sony cuck

Smashfags don't know about real fighting games

Terry is actually the best pic, his design and personality is more likeable than anyone.

"If you don't like Geese, there must be something wrong with you" qoute from Daigo, Fuudo and i think it was dogura.

Smashers are mostly zoomers or casuals who never grew up with actual fighting games. I say this as someone who's been with the series since the very beginning.

I would unironically get emotional as fuck if they remixed this
youtu.be/RVuon4OLtpE

Burning knucle would be Side B

>not representing KoF properly with a 3 in 1 character

Smash is a party gane, not a fighting game

Smashfags dont play fighting games and probably had to train themselves how to do a shoryu just for smash.
Hell if you even bother to lool at half the reactions for the reveal, literally people were just spouting "IS THAT TERRY?!" despite the literally first thing being the fucking kof94 intro with kyos hand ready to grab that shit.
Smashfags just want characters to exist and want leak fantasys to play out, and none of them actually care for the characters historicly at all until after theyre in smash. It's beyond retarded.

Attached: IMG_20190904_100642.jpg (600x338, 34K)

>Smashfags just want characters to exist and want leak fantasys to play out, and none of them actually care for the characters historicly at all until after theyre in smash

This is a very elucidating statement. Because it speaks to the truth that nothing really exists outside of Smash to these sheltered goons in the fanbase and they're only concerned with anything in regards to their game. It's almost becoming a disservice at this point.

I’ve seen more people whining about a negative reaction than people actually shitting on it. People just don’t really know who he is.
I think the leaks REALLY spoiled this reveal too.

How popular is terry in fighting game? Legit every kof98/02 vids I watched from progamers stream/vod are either Chris/iori/kyo/Kim/daimon/ryo
I never seen anyone play terry in kof13. I didn’t care much about kof14 but how frequent is terry in both causal and competitive?

Of King of Fighters. Terry is the main character of Fatal Fury.

Terry tends to be mid tier, he was more common in 14 than 13, but prime Terry is in the Fatal Fury games, specially Real Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury special and 2 and also in Garow Mark of the Wolves.

you forgot Magic Marth and Dragon Marth. You know, the best Marths

Terry's hit or miss in terms of competitive viability. Casually though I remember kof 14's online being filled with Terrys.

Imagine if they announced terry but actually it’s team fatal fury.

I want someone from tekken to show up.

I'd love to see Andy's throw on several of these characters.
Also Joe's ass in glorious 3D

KoF is ten times the fighting game Fatal Fury ever was

Why is Terry Ken? When Ryo exist to be like Ken?

Attached: download.jpg (172x293, 10K)

You can get hyped about generic anime fighter only enough times.

I play all of these games and I love kof,also add melty blood I prefer it to blazeblue

A lot of the Smash community are just Nintendo only people who don't know anything outside Nintendo games. It's why they want the stupidest side characters over industry icons, they literally don't know anything else.

KoF is just the Smash Bros of SNK you dumbass

put God Rugal in smash

i unironically think Ryo would be a great addition
i like how ken is faster than ryu, so why not someone even faster

Rather have yuri with her dive kick spam

Let's just all be thankful that it wasn't fucking Athena.

PSYCHO BAAAAAAAALL

false, i've played a shit ton of fatal fury and king of fighters

Smash has a bigger demographic than the fighting game genre.
While one tries to cover all important genres and icons of the videogame industry and history, the other just have guests of their own genre.
Fighting games get fighting characters, that's not the same for Smash.

all of the fatal fury games fucking sucked rbff2 and motw are barely passable

smash isn't a fighting game so they have no appreciation for fighting game characters