Sans steals the show in BK's presentation without even being a real fighter

>Sans steals the show in BK's presentation without even being a real fighter
>Nintendo holds UNDERTALE in incredibly high esteem
>Sakurai personally shouts him out and includes a Megalovania remix, which has never happened with Mii fighters to my knowledge
>Toby Fox is working with Game Freak to do Little Town Hero's OST
>more, non-Fighter's Pass DLC characters announced
They are 100% in. Prove me wrong.

Attached: frisk.png (470x389, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aWBtpBwzzdM
youtube.com/watch?v=wa2K_8Ff41M
youtube.com/watch?v=2dpLGHDxNZI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcto2U0aHTs&t=58s
youtube.com/watch?v=zKLxc2NsNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=tz82xbLvK_k
youtube.com/watch?v=w4tIwp_c_vA
youtube.com/watch?v=fxHfvlKGSPs
youtube.com/watch?v=zP_1e30FWsE
strawpoll.me/18598271
mobile.twitter.com/tobyfox/status/999209960536850433?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can guarantee that Toby Fox doesn't want his character full on in as it'd take up a slot, he's weirdly autistic like that

you can't befriend your enemies in smash

i feel the same, i think toby is a weird and humble motherfucker and sakurai probably offered him as a character slot and he refused for whatever reason, despite undertale being very popular he is a little of a shy neet of some sorts

>They spoiled any semblance of a surprise by announcing Sans first
No
That doesn't even make any sense and it's a very stupid point of view.

>random autist nobody who lucked out and became the most based indie dev of all time
>refusing to add the main character of his passion project into his favorite game series, when offered by the creator of that series
I'm sorry, but I do not believe anyone would have the willpower to say no to that.

You're genuinely fucking retarded

Oh, ok. You proved me wrong with your eloquent, well-worded rebuttal. Godspeed, user.

you do realize sakurai talked about geno as a mii costume right dumbass

Mainly because if you know anything about the dev he's not the standard fame hungry indie dev faggot and instead is just some weird autist who struck gold with undertale and can't stand the hype the game got.

Did he invite Geno's creator just to play Smash with him and talk about it?
Did SMRPG's composer make a brand-new song that came with the Geno Mii costume?

>weird autist
Exactly, Toby's a weird autist who struck gold with Undertale and 4 years ago he was a nobody. He has said multiple times that Smash is his favorite game series.
Do you seriously think an autistic game dev wouldn't jump at the chance to put his character in his favorite game series, just by virtue of how cool it'd be to see his creation in there? You'd have to be retarded to think Toby Fox wouldn't want that.

yes its in brawl also he did talk about geno

...So why does this mean he doesn't want his characters in Smash? Seems like a huge leap in logic

Sorry, but Sakurai clearly cares more about history and legacy than the typical zoomer one-hit wonder fad. Undertale was greatly influenced by Touhou, so it only makes sense to give Sans the lesser mii costume slot, and Reimu the coveted character slot.

Attached: 1523902955782.gif (190x190, 176K)

>typical zoomer one-hit wonder fad
If so, why did Corrin, Bayonetta, and Joker get in?

Corrin has a long history as a DB character.

Then you don't know Toby.

> bayonetta and joker being zoomer icons
Are you fucking retarded
Persona has been around for how long now? And bayo is from 2009.

All long running franchises. Undertale is simply too new to represent the entire scope of indie gaming.

see

>Add the most iconic song from the game separate to a fighter
>This means a fighter is confirmed

Regardless, it's easily the most likely indie rep to happen. Shovel Knight's deconfirmed, Shantae's PROBABLY deconfirmed.
The reality is Undertale perfectly represents the quirks, charms, and soul of indie games, at least more than any other indie game that could realistically get in Smash at this point. The game sucks off EarthBound, it's easily THE indie game that Nintendo's paying the most mind to (considering Deltarune got a whole segment of a Nintendo Direct despite being a fucking demo), and Toby Fox is working with a Nintendo company now. On top of that they've confirmed non Fighter's Pass DLCs, so there's no pressure to add an Undertale stage.
It is incredibly likely that the Fallen Human will be a DLC character with more Undertale music and no stage.

Meanwhile, Touhou literally built the doujinshi industry in Japan. It inspired literally thousands of independent artists and game developers to create fan content out of their love for the series. Touhou has huge cultural significance. Undertale is a fantastic game, and there's no questioning its popularity. It's just that there's one character who is synonymous with indies in Japan, and that is Reimu.

>Undertale was greatly influenced by Touhou
Imagine being this delusional...

>Bayo is a long-running franchise
Jesus, talk about being a zoomer.

You're misunderestimating how huge Undertale is in Japan. Besides, literally nothing you have said deconfirms what I've said, and I have not said a single word alluding to whether I think Reimu will get in.
You're acting like it HAS to be either Reimu or the Fallen Human. You do realize they've confirmed an unknown amount of additional DLC fighters, and thus it's perfectly in the realm of possibility that both Reimu and the Fallen Human will get in?

You are the fucking retard here.

Wasn't the entire point of Undertale that fighting is bad?

Attached: tsq.png (347x347, 132K)

How fucking new? It's a well established fact that Toby is the biggest 2hufag ever

Attached: TobyTwitter.png (622x554, 62K)

Not really, certainly not when it comes to a friendly sporting competition.

It's fucking pathetic how hard he tries to act like a Japanese developer.

then why didn't shovel knight and shantae didn't get in smash bros tho

O and you do? Is he like your online friend simulator videos like oneyplays? You know him well?

Because the indie spot is saved for yours truly

Attached: 1556563585420.jpg (1080x1080, 68K)

That is not relevant to your delusional point, and you kinda tip your hand as a huge retard that you think it is.

Protip: Toby Fox is not the guy who picks smash characters.
Protip: The Sequel: Undertale is hugely more popular than Touhou.

Toby only pretends to be humble.

If being Toby Fox is pathetic, then imagine being you.

I think it was just killing bad. The game lets you do the pacifist run even if you beat the shit out of enemies to spare them (most normal enemies let you spare them if they are about to die).

It's relevant to your dumb point. Undertale was in fact influenced by Touhou.
Besides, it's not about popularity, it's about legacy. Otherwise, we wouldn't have Terry or Banjo. Popularity doesn't last forever, and Touhou has proved its longevity by remaining popular for over 20 years.

>It's relevant to your dumb point. Undertale was in fact influenced by Touhou.
No, my point was that you are delusional for thinking that "influence" creates a pecking order for which games get into smash.

You'd sound like less of a dumbass if you'd just ask what my point is rather than assuming stupid shit.

Of course it does you fucking zoomer

What actually happened:
>Nintendo doesn't want Indie characters in.
>Sakurai and Toby understand sans wouldn't work well as a fighter and no other character from the game would even come close to superseding his position of "importance".
>The only way this would have ever worked was as a Mii Costume.
>It's a Mii Costume that doesn't show the Mii, so literally no complaints
>Besides the inevitable clipping issues that comes with putting a 3D adjusted model of the fangamer 3D model of sans to the rig of the Mii Gunner and their animations.
>Managed to pull it off well enough.
>Toby put the song together and offered it to Sakurai free of charge but Sakurai has to ensure money's going somewhere.
>Either Toby's agreed to only be seeing $0.01 of each purchase of the costume and track whilst the rest will be going towards Sakurai or it's mostly going towards Toby as just some neat pocket revenue.
>In the case of B&K, Grant had to be approached/hired to do the music compositions rather than the other way around.

Its just sans, which is enough.

How's that gaming channel coming along, Yea Forums?

Attached: 41N+hgp+woL._AC_SY400_.jpg (259x400, 20K)

If Frisk was in they wouldn’t have revealed Flams Dundermifflin.

I'm ready for her to be in Smash.

Attached: 64418348_p7.jpg (500x500, 121K)

This whole rise of Toby Fox is incredible. The guy is very talented and it’s nice to see him succeed. I wish I could make something of my life like he has.

>I wish I could make something of my life like he has.
I fucking guarantee that's what Toby Fox thought of Cave Story's creator when he played it. You can be talented too, user - you just can't get there without time and effort.
Don't give up on your dreams. Toby Fox is living proof of what happens when you apply yourself, make what YOU want to make, and stick to it.

It's fucking pathetic how hard you try to act like a bitch.

Based user.

Glad to see words of encouragement instead of the usual vitriol so commonly found in Yea Forums

Thanks dude, I really appreciate that.

SANS BEING A MII FIGHTER CONFIRMS THAT HE IS A GUY IN A SUIT.

>Doesn't realize that all the older characters in smash had "influences" too
>Calls other people zoomer
You are really, truly, utterly pathetic.

If I made undertale or any highly successful indie I wouldn't want to put my characters in smash as anything more as a mini costume cameo. Maybe it's just because I thought the super smash flash Sonic OCs were really cringe

It doesn’t really. Smash itself was heavily influenced by KoF so why didn’t they get Terry for DLC in 4 before Ken and Ryu? They’re obviously just picking a combination of fan favorites and whats “hot” right now, as evident in the different circumstances of the Joker, Hero, Terry, and Banjo picks, as well as the sans costume.

>Smash itself was heavily influenced by KoF
Really? I always thought it literally controls like a Kirby game.

That makes absolutely no sense.

why was oneyplays your go-to?

Undertale is the KANTOOOOOOOOO of indie games

meme is the meme of meme memes

It has a ton of Kirby DNA as well. KoF is Sakurai’s favorite fighting game though. Spot dodging, short hops, rolling, shield break, etc. All of this came from KoF. There’s also the fact that KoF is also a crossover fighting game. You are right though. The entire platform based nature of Smash is lifted right out of Kirby. The way the controls are setup are just like Kirby abilities too. Superstar had guarding and the newer kirby games even have rolling and air dodges.

please show me what evidence that helps reimu get in smash tho reimu looks cool ngl

Main evidence is I'd cum if Bad Apple were an official song in Smash.

Good. Nobody gives a shit about Terry Bogard, Banjo Kazooie, Piranha Plant, Dragon Fighter Pleb.

It's about time they actually bring in a character that will generate some hype. Not even baiting, nobody gives a shit about any of these characters. Banjo Kazooie is a boring, old has-been.

I've been kinda feeling the same way about most of the DLC.

I don't think anybody was really excited for the potted plant, but most other DLC have made me think, "Hey, that must be pretty exciting for people who like that series".

>my humble indie dev friend would NEVER want one of his characters in Smash
>please ignore the fact he literally added one of his characters in Smash (the ONLY Mii costume that is 100% the character and not the Mii wearing an outfit)

Attached: 1518408186887.png (800x729, 48K)

I'm hoping so badly that Frisk will be confirmed. I expect if it'll be anytime, it'll be during the next E3
Terry's such an enigma to me. Persona's popular now, anyone can respect Hero's fun playstyle, and even if people don't know Banjo so they don't have nostalgia for him, he seems charming enough that anyone would like him.

Meanwhile Terry is legitimately very similar to Ken and so anyone who isn't a fan of SNK will likely not be very hyped for him. I have no clue why they decided to go this route.

If they wanted to add an UT character it would have been sans that only got in smash in first place by popular demand. No other UT character is ever getting in.

>"Hey, that must be pretty exciting for people who like that series".
You mean like literally every character ever?

SNK games had a huge personal impact on sakurai and are genuinely popular as fuck without any need to meme status in asian countries. I wouldnt be surprised if sakurai himself is excited as fuck more for terry than anyone in the pass, the guy even made a very specific old fashioned trailer showing inside references from snk series and several characters.

this

Glad to see another Friskbro in the thread. What would you want in particular, moveset/music/stagewise?

Nope

It was honestly the best trailer so far. It was very charming.

Marketing strategy, put popular reference of [insert video game that attracts brain dead people that think with their money first] and watch the cash flow, the music was an added bonus

It won't be Frisk.

We wont get anymore UT characters. Sans was the only that would get the spot.

Yes, Frisk isn't a fighter in any way.

Sure the fans of it like it, I won't deny that. I just can't imagine anyone who's NOT familiar with SNK enjoying Terry while all other DLC characters are easy to enjoy no matter whether you know them or not
I imagine Frisk would probably use the various weapons from Undertale to do attacks like spinning around with the ballet shoes or punching with the tough glove and stuff.

A cool gimmick might be that Frisk has some moves be especially "harsh" that do a lot of damage and increase their LV meter significantly and as it goes up, Frisk deals more damage but defense and knockback is decreased and this meter goes down slightly whenever you use a move that doesn't raise your LV.

I don't know if this would ever be possible, but a cool stage could be the judgment hall and you only see the silhouettes of the fighters.

And most of all, there better be a Chara alternate costume

If I had to be honest I like terry more than I like hero. Definitely not a big fan of rpg anime characters with swords.

For me I'd like Frisk's moveset to really pound in the main thing Undertale drives home, which is the friendships you make along the way. Imagine Toad dropping in to help Peach, but with all of Frisk's specials; a forward smash being Undyne helping Frisk thrust a spear forward, a tilt being Mettaton's leg swiping in the air, a side special being Papyrus throwing a bone through the air, things like that. Essentially all of Frisk's moves would be the major Undertale characters, particularly Papyrus, Sans, Undyne, Mettaton, and Alphys, helping with their attacks.
Also I'd like plenty of music. MEGALOVANIA is great, but I'd really, really want Battle Against a True Hero, Dummy!, ASGORE, and Heartache - in particular, a Smash remix of Death By Glamour would be fucking indescribable.

You can fuckin' murder them tho.

They would need to literally work in several character 3d models of characters that are 2D which I cant see happening. At least hero had some games that were 3d which they could get advantage for

There are official 3D renders of most Undertale main characters.

You mean fangamer products? If so, I doubt they would be of use for being designed as products.

link to bad apple touhou song please

>PROBABLY
I think you mean fully

SCREW YOU BANJO AND KAZOOIE ARE AWESOME WHAT ARE YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTERS THO JERK

So why have Joker instead of the older Persona protagonists?
They brought Erdrick for an alt with Hero, so there isn’t an excuse to not have the protags from P1-P4.
Or better yet, the SMT protags (you know, the series that Persona is a spin off of)

true why didn't the smash team add the smt protags and persona protags as alts tho

Hero also had the good thing of all characters having similar body and structure almost like echos. Same with megaman final smash. Ut characters are too different of each other and it would be time consuming to even ""enhance"" models.

QUICK what moves related to undertake are you giving to the mii?

Remember when he said he'd never port Undertale to a Nintendo console?

Yeah, basically. The point being that among DLC characters, I was only that excited guy for Joker.

The underlying point being that its all really subjective.

imagine lacking self awareness this much lmao

If its about influence, then why do we have FE characters up the ass? F-zero probably inspired very little, as well as star fox. Hell, we have a Bayo rep in before DMC even though the Bayonetta series probably wouldn't even exist without DMC. The mother series as a whole only really spawned indie games, why do we have two reps for them?
There's no real rules or criteria for this roster, its just what Nintendo thinks would be the best for them. Even with the dlc so far characters like Banjo and Joker aren't that influential either, they were just from beloved franchises.

>Meanwhile Terry is legitimately very similar to Ken and so anyone who isn't a fan of SNK will likely not be very hyped for him. I have no clue why they decided to go this route.

Terry doesn't fight anything like Ken and the only things they have in common are that they're white men with blonde hair and come from fighting games.

Honestly with geno's mii costume you would know at this point, there's no specific rule as much I wish smash was mostly about iconic or influential franchises, the cast is already too big and wasting it with shilling and just popular things isn't cool. One of the nintendo official twitter said sans costume was there by popular demand, which is why I am 100% sure we wont get any UT rep anymore, if we had to get it, it was going to be him and he's already here.

Are you really trying to suggest that Touhou isn't liked or beloved in that same level? It's influence is literal proof of how popular it is.

Honestly he isnt even similar in design. I think people build a mentally bridge purely for being blonde fighting game characters. But it's no use tell that anyways, people literally prefer to stay ignorant out of spite for their character not getting in.

Sans never had any chance of being an actual fighter because him fighting is a massive spoiler to the Genocide route, and Toby takes spoilers so seriously he asked no one to discuss Deltarune for the first 24 hours of its' release. A Mii Fighter is a fun little costume thing, an actual character is something entirely.
Frisk still has a large chance.

The costume was honestly a little disappointing. I still think the best Undertale representation would be a stage, with moving platforms on the battle screen and Undertale bosses as hazards.

Just so you can see, they decided to put a mii costume than going for an actual character, because again, by popular demand. Maybe UT wasnt even going to get a rep if it wasnt for ballots.

why are Reimufags like this? Not even Stevefags make me cringe like this.

Frisk is whatever the player wants them to be, did you miss the entire point of the game?

Attached: 1541465788499.png (618x410, 328K)

Just checked, the most played Touhou game peaked at 1000 simultanious players, and in spite of being released only a year ago, only 50 people are playing right now.

Undertale capped at 10k, and 500 people are playing RIGHT NOW, four years later.

Get some fucking perspective, user.

Not him but UT popularity in japan is more recent than the west. If anything, most of the fandom here already moved on to their next obsession.

>have to literally fight both Flowey and Asgore
>game doesn't punishes you if you choose to kill them.
>Pacifist route isn't ruined if they both die

Mr. Game & watch
Dr. Mario
Duck hunt
Villager
Isabelle
R.O.B.
Wii Fit trainer

I'm surprised he even let Sans in at all.

More to the point, Touhou is always releasing new games, so if there was really a massive legion of fans, you'd see huge spikes with every new release.

UT was a game that spread slowly through word-of-mouth over the last four years. Consecutive players would be its weakest metric.

You would be shocked if I told you this but most of the touhou fanbase dont even play the games. They just lust at characters.

Frisk isn't impossible, but it would be much more difficult than any of the characters you listed, who all use animations and in-game memes for attacks.

Seriously asking: Does Frisk actually have ANY in-game animations besides walking and the Asriel hug?

I mean, they'd basically have to create ALL the animations based on text descriptions alone.

>You would be shocked
Not in the slightest.

Honestly I dont think any indie rep would get in if it wasn't for ballots.

Touhou has more influence but its popularity in comparison could be tied at this point.

Whatever you say, fanboy.

I wonder if Toby was one of the few kids who played Earthbound on the SNES when it came out or if he played it years later after Smash included Ness as a playable character.

You know it's true. Toby itself was inspired by touhou.

>Steam

Dude, sans isn't even the main character

>Protip: The Sequel: Undertale is hugely more popular than Touhou.
Zoomers are so fucking retarded holy shit.

>Toby itself was inspired by touhou.
That is exactly one person.

Your logic continues to be astoundingly awful. Its embarassing, but it seems you're also too stupid for that.

see
Numbers, unlike mindless fanboy drones, do not lie.

>using Steam numbers when most Touhou games were released somewhere else
I don't even play Touhou and I know how dumb you are.

You're only taking one Touhou game into account, in fact the only one on Steam which was added very recently and somehow ignored that Touhou has topped Comiket's content count plenty of years and has multiple conventions every year fully dedicated to it which all have tons of attendees.

Yes, now how does that translate into a fighting tournament where there's very little fourth wall breaking?

You're forced to fight both with no way out, why would Frisk voluntarily join a fighting tournament where he'd get the shit beaten out of him?
Kris has a better chance than Frisk imo.

Yeah, it's not like it popularized a specific kind of gameplay style inside the genre and expression of bullet hell or anything.

>Characters from imcomplete games
Seriously? Sakurai literally didn't add rex for being "too recent"

Do people who buy Touhou doujins even play the games?

Yes. And it's not even just doujins, music arranges and fangames are included in the fan made stuff.
The people more likely to not be into the games yet still consider themselves "Touhou fans" are Nico Nico obsessed retards who are probably a dying breed at this point in time.

I didn't say that it'd happen, only that there's a better chance than Frisk.
Personally I'd put my money on Undyne or Asriel now that Sans is out. Maybe even Asgore.

Attached: 1541740829754.gif (435x249, 274K)

Be real, it's not going to happen. If sans, the most popular character that were in ballots is getting a mii costume, they aren't going for more "obscure" side characters. They literally decided to pick it as a mii costume rather than a fully playable and non spoiler character, even if Frisk is a "complex by nature" character to adapt for smash.

>now how does that translate into a fighting
You make Frisk a fighter with the Soul modes and weapons, just like the fucking neutral/genocide routes

I never thought that I would see someone saying that the number one fandom tag in pixiv for years and years straight, that has massive fan content, had even a japanese politician that was fan of it and outright inspired games on its own genre and outside it like UT with bullet hell gameplay is less popular in japan than a recent growing trend that is undertale but here we are right.

>Be real, it's not going to happen
A couple days ago people said the same about anything Undertale related getting in. And Banjo. And Ridley. And K-Rool. And...
I think if Sans is received well by players there'll be an Undertale fighter in the next round of DLC.

But that defeats the entire point of Frisk being whatever the player wants him to be. At that point you might as well just put Chara instead.

Sans would be only the only character they would add in due to not only being a rep but also being a fan request and here he is, as mii costume.

>But that defeats the entire point of Frisk being whatever the player wants him to be. At that point you might as well just put Chara instead.
If Frisk gets in Smash they won't be Frisk and they won't be meant to be. You'll see them under the name "The Fallen Human", I guarantee it. Frisk's name not being the name you entered is a spoiler and Toby hates spoilers.

Chara is full spoiler.

Gaster Blaster is also a spoiler, yet here we got merch and the DLC having said item.

Is it an exception because of the meme with the Gaster Blaster?

You can fucking Fight in the pacifist route too, dumbass. The problem is killing, and no one is getting killed in Smash.

Attached: 1466712596672.gif (279x350, 2.31M)

It's an exception because Sans is so fucking memed at this point Toby's probably accepted that everyone already knows you can fight him in Undertale.
Also, like I said earlier, Sans being a Mii Fighter is a very different thing from being a playable character. He never had a chance as a real fighter, the Fallen Human does.

If that was the case, it would make way more sense if he was an actual fighter than a mii costume: safe, not expensive and less troublesome to make as frisk and an actual requested fan favorite.

Sans was never an actually requested fan favorite, he's a meme. When a third party character is in Smash they're meant to represent not just their character, but their franchise; PAC-MAN has moves that aren't just from PAC-MAN and represents Namco arcade history, for example. There's no way in hell they'd make anyone from Undertale a character other than the Fallen Human, who could adequately represent both themselves as a character and Undertale as a game.
Name ONE (1) third party character in Smash that isn't the main character of their game. Ken does not count because Ryu was added first.

Man, that is what happens when you fill your story and even characters full of shock twists and shit. Eveyrhing turns out to be a massive spoiler, fuck. I am not surprised that UT have been spoiled to death at this point.

Sans was likely a compromise. Making a costume would be less work than developing a new fighter. There's also the issue of Sans' fighting style.
Sakurai also said that they want to bring more game worlds together and SSBU is the chance to do so. I expect to see a fighter eventually.

A generic "fallen human" is something I could see happening if they decide to go with a human fighter. That'd be kinda lame though.

Oh right, Frisk is sadistic and beats people to an inch of their life before sparing them. That makes more sense.
Pretty sure Toriel chastises you if you hit the training dummy in the beginning too.

The fanbase for sans is genuine, people not just pretend to like him. He's certainly the most meme character which doesn't mean he isn't a fan favorite also. Also that doesn't mean anything, specially when most of the third party characters are the favorite in ther respective franchises, even Terry is the number one SNK favorite despite being the protagonist of a dead IP (fatal fury)

Stop being such an aspie, it's a fucking crossover fighting game where fucking Villager and Isabelle are knocking people into space. It's not a big deal if Frisk smacks Mario with a stick, you dumb cunt.

>That'd be kinda lame though.
I disagree, I think it'd be an awesome idea to see the player character in Smash. It'd be a cool idea to make his moveset with some kind of UV mechanic of some sort.

Villager comes from a game with no moral choices inside it that can influence your own character.

I know Toby enough to know he's a filthy furfag and wants to give asgore a rimmjob.
I still can't believe this guy is in, btw. How do I cope?

Attached: 1549197648226.png (920x772, 340K)

You're still doing it, you god damn idiot. Frisk has no issue smacking people around even in Pacifist. It doesn't fucking matter, there is no morality in a game like Smash. It's a good natured fighting contest, the fighters even applaud each other after every match.

UT is literally about FIGHTING or not needing to do it, it doesn't even specify death in its own description. Not bringing that to smash means that it's not going to be a faithful representation.

Dark Samus, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon aren't faithful to their games either, but the game is better with them nonetheless.

Calm down bro. and pick a better character then

Eh, I just think there'd be more potential for other characters than the human PC.

I cant say about Dark samus and Ganondorf since I am not very into either franchises but CF literally get moves and other stuff inspired by the outside game material. With UT is a bigger problem because the game makes a big deal out of fighting in first place with your protagonist.

Captain Falcon doesn't drive in a car, Starfox doesn't fly around or even barrel roll, Link doesn't have to collect items, Mario didn't even have the ability to kill with a stomp until they gave the Doc an altered down air.

Nah, wait for Kris in Smash 6

Attached: kris point.gif (252x176, 23K)

my points still stands purely for those being character details instead of going completely against a game's main concept.

I truly think the only reason Sans wasn't his own fighter is because Sakurai couldn't think of a way to give him his own unique moveset.

Up B blue mode
Side B gaster blaster
Down B Karma power

Sans is pretty much designed to be a boss, he wouldn't translate to playable well at all. His entire shtick is how overwhelming his attacks are compared to everyone else's and how he has to dodge every attack because he has literally 1 hp.

So the solution would be having mainly non-damaging moves that emphasize knockback, launching and shield breaking, with maybe some panic button move to start dealing actual damage as well?

remind me why you retards are happy about this when tumblrtale has the worst fanbase in existence, and geno was ignored yet again.

No this dumbass thinks the Fallen Human shouldn't fight at all, even though he could just LARP his dumb headcanon by spamming dodge and block until he eventually loses

who does this faggot think he is, westaboo kojima?

I doubt it, not having ideas is never that much of a problem, honestly certain UT characters would be hard to translate and If it isn't sans or frisk I don't think he's going to the side cast.

what stages can megalovania play on anons

>we live in an age when the internet allows the most mediocre shit to get famous and prosper
And the worst thing is that it's only going to get worse.

Attached: cat gun.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

He could fight but it means we would need also chara in it and chara = spoilers.

>Frisk's moves are all combo starters
>based around combos
>all of Frisk's moves do damage, but the damage you've put on your opponent is reversed, healing the opponent from that combo, if it is interrupted or you fail to finish it, essentially meaning you can only hurt people if you can combo them without getting interrupted
>just like Undertale's real battle system, which requires you to combo the enemy when fighting them instead of sparing
Could be pretty cool.

Dash attack is going to be Tutu spin, screencap this.

You can Fight in Pacifist, you dumb fuck

>you could put something like Jotaro or Kenshiro in your game

>instead, you pick a skull character from an autistic man's tumblr game

it's just such a waste.

YOU'RE such a waste.

Battle Against a True Hero straight up has ZUNpets
youtube.com/watch?v=aWBtpBwzzdM

Toby is a huge Touhoufag, he's even into other PC-98 games.
youtube.com/watch?v=wa2K_8Ff41M

it's literally wasted slots.

it's like adding a garbage character to a MUGEN roster.

It's been like that since 2010s. You definitely don't need to be good or have quality to be popular.

Oh no, I'm so fucking sad that they've wasted yet another Mii Fighter Costume slot. How will I ever come back from this?

also it attracts the cancerous tumblr fanbase to the game.

Man it's incredibly how the fans themselves doesn't even know much about toby himself. Next they are going to say homestuck wasnt an influence or OFF (rpg maker game) despite toby making a public tweet saying that if it wasn't for homestuck maybe UT wouldnt even be a thing and in papyrus notes he says he got inspiration from Dedan from OFF. Even I that dislike UT know about this.

He gave a potted plant her own moveset.
He could absolutely make a skeleton with telekinesis, teleportation, laser blasts, and bone based projectiles.

The only problem I see is making Sans die in one hit and still having him be balanced.

Having a costume doesn't mean you can't get a character too.

>he lets fanbases ruin games for him
Loser.

That's true, specially when you only got a costume in first place by popular demand, but it's hard for them to accept that

Yeah, I see it happening. If anything, Nintendo must be fully open to the idea now, after seeing the response from fans

I...I think he's arguing Undertale is about the choice to fight or not, and bringing in Frisk with only damaging moves wouldn't be true to the game, more than it being about sparing anyone you meet.

How do western developers act?

Sexually assault someone, get fucked over and swing by the neck?

Villager doesn't fight, he just uses household items around you.

Frisk can be that way, but also have a genocide mode of sorts thats easier to play but not as good

>2010s
2000s.

Sans being a Mii costume means its very likely we will be getting more Undertale content, since he is the only Mii Costume that isn’t:
>A generic outfit
>The main protagonist of the series he is from
>A side character that already has a fighter representing his series in the roster
So we are have a very high chance of seeing Frisk or Kris

>Genocide
Wasnt Toby against spoilers?

That's...what I was saying? You start off with non-damaging moves about stacking statuses that make opponents easier to launch, without dealing any damage, and have a panic button move to go Genocide and start dealing some actual damage with the actual weapons.

>misunderestimating

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (170x129, 19K)

At this point, it's basically spoiled by default.
Even if it is inaccurate...

He let Sans and Megalovania in Smash i dont think he cares anymore

Sans got in by popular demand only, according nintendo. He's more of a fan request fufilled rather than a door to get a full UT rep.

This joker is the only cool one that isn’t for old people so far

Kris is an Ultrachad and I hope he gets in.

Attached: DrMC-KgWsAE_WRJ.png (770x1050, 150K)

Originally sure, but if you were Sakurai, and you saw that this random mii fighter got tons more attention all over the world than your premium fighter trailer, you'd have a change of heart.

SNK literally was a big insp for Sakurai to create smash so I can tell you that he wouldnt care. Even if no one is excited for Terry he sure is.

I had no clue what Banjoke was before smash autism nd he doesn’t seem intresting at all I think his design is ugly and boring literally looks like a rejected park mascot and he down right looks retarded
Now what faggot u can’t speak for everyone

In his own game Frisk has
>various knife-like weapons
>fist attacks
>ballet kicks
>I-frames notebook
>healing frying pan
>a gun

It should be Susie.

Attached: d2a1d906f1c007b603ba65c084ba45fa.jpg (566x800, 103K)

I mean, personally I think that Sans being in kinda killed Frisk's chances. And I've been a huge supporter of Frisk in Smash. Just seems to me like they kinda killed any sort of surprise with that Mii costume.
I'd love to be proven wrong, it COULD still happen, but I doubt it.

he does it for ease of translation since he has a massive fucking fanbase in japan. they absolutely love him over there

Dilate

>Tumblrtale faggot calling others autistic
Oh irony

One of the better ideas I heard for Frisk
>Special moves raise a targets "friendship", slowly turning their bame yellow.
>A attacks damage normally
>Once an opponent is fully yellow, Grab them and press B to Spare them
>You'll slowly change from Pacifist to Neutral to Genocide depending on how much damage you deal.

>tfw she'll never mating press you

>the others u can enjoy if u don’t know them
>dragon ball characters with swords wow that’s sooo coool yawn
>uhhhh a bear named banjo uhhh that’s dumb what’s that even Fromm ohh the n64 yah why should i care oh maybe it has lots of games oh nope only 2 that’s dumb besides he’s kinda retarded looking and kazooie that’s a really dumb name what are they thinking soo boring
>oh look hat ken but hawter I guess would be okay if we didn’t have ken but at least he is hawt UwU so he is okay I guess UwU
Joker is the only one with an appeal that and isn’t from like years and years ago last one better be like joker

>Geez why'd they add Banjo? Just because fans wanted him?!

Cool idea but way to many models and stuff for them to do that

Toby is actually working on a revival of the Mother series right now

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if he really was considering that he met itoi bu mother's more like Itoi's child and I doubt nintendo would ruin the series without him.

Man I have no idea how literally blank state characters like Kris and Frisk even have fans. I think both of them had a really poor contrast with the game they are in, Kris himself looks like an edgy self insert anime protagonist in a colorful cartoon world. Like that hentais where you don't even see the male character face.

I think they're both great characters for their respective games, can't say I even remotely agree with you.

Kris at least has more of an implied personality than Frisk does.
He's a jackass troublemaker who plays pranks constantly, hates everyone around him and is always in detention. Sure, it's basic, but what the fuck is Frisk supposed to be?

Smash is also cancer seriously when something like banjoke and rool is what the want like??????? What kinda cancer garbage is that yuck

>Sure, it's basic, but what the fuck is Frisk supposed to be?
Either a good kid or a genocial maniac. That's like, the point of the game user

Frisk is you.

>fans
U mean at most like 5% of the playerbase ur not fooling anyone he released yesterday yet Bascially no one talked about it because rosterfags don’t even play the game neither do the memeshiters who “wanted” him half his support probably came from underaged shitters who voted for him after jontron said to
Fuck off banjoke he is the definition of a waste

>He's a jackass troublemaker who plays pranks constantly, hates everyone around him and is always in detention

I probably missed something but where was this implied? He seemed like your usual self insert "loser" mc that gets bullied with only the shock twist at the end of the demo to imply something else.

Thank god you retarded fags made yet another thread to discuss fucking nothing

I mean like, the fact that he was the most requested third-party character in practically every pol.
Sorry you didn't want him in user, everyone else did =)

It makes me think that at least villager doesn't feel out of place in animal crossing lol

user quit being so upset about a character getting into Smash

If you talk to the townspeople you learn a bit more about Kris's quirks, like hiding under a girl's bed.

>I probably missed something but where was this implied?
If you actually talk to the people in town at the end of chapter 1 there's a fair amount of implication that Kris isn't exactly a well-behaved child.

You posted the wrong pic
I mean name a more imporant character to indie history

unless you are a waifu fag who likes worst girl

Attached: 1e.png (310x496, 167K)

he has said in an interview he is fine with Nintendo working on another game without him

>I mean name a more imporant character to indie history
Reimu Hakurei
The entire cast of League of Legends pre Tencent acquiring them
Steve
Saber

I see, I completely skipped the entire town dialogue myself and he still feels out of place for me by design alone, not even susie looks or acts as edgy. It makes me think how is it even possible to raise such an edgy boy in a apparently peaceful and colorful world but I can't say much about this while it's still a demo.

Undertale deserves to be in. stop bitching, fag

I mean those are all bigger but as said in historical impact matters more than popularity

Quote has probably more historical impact than any other indie pick

Oh yeah, that's true, but if I had to be honest I wouldn't like it myself. The fact that no one was able to replicate the same feeling and impact as mother series and how most western indies still have it as basis inspiration, says a lot. I don't even know how to feel about mother 4 fangame myself.

What happens to the Megalovania track if Frisk or Kris DOES get added? Does it get retroactively restricted?

Attached: i71y5swzjl711.png (1366x768, 914K)

I wont say it's false but at this point there's no clear rule for being a possible pick for a smash rep, you could be influential or be a ballot/popularity pick like sans or B&K, it goes on.

>adding a mii costume and music before a full fledged character
Has this happened before? The only example I can think about is K. Rool but that was one game later.

Attached: 1558891384584.jpg (648x960, 48K)

>tfw i am attached to UNDERTALE and unironically wanted it in Smash
>can't mention it without memers shitting on it
it's not fair

Attached: glitghc.png (428x331, 235K)

The future DLC fighters outside the Pass aren't guaranteed to have a stage. If Frisk is in the Pass, MEGALOVANIA will probably be patched to just be in the stage. If they release without a stage, the added music will probably be added to Other like MEGALOVANIA.
That same thing happened when Corrin released; no new stage but Lost in Thoughts All Alone was added to Coliseum.

In what sense? All it did was inspire a bunch of games to use a shitty "retro" pixel art aesthetic.

To my knowledge this has never happened in Smash history. Smash 4 only added side characters from third party games already represented or shit like Tekken characters.
If Fallen Human gets in, this would be the first case of that happeniny.

>not even susie looks or acts as edgy.
...Excuse me? You know that the first time you meet Susie, she threatens to kill Kris by biting his face off?
What the fuck are you on about? Did you even PLAY Deltarune?

I want Reimu too but come on
>typical zoomer one-hit wonder fad.
Undertale is still going strong as evidenced by the Deltarune hype. Once the sequel comes out it will be as big as ever and officially a franchise. Legacy is good but not always a requirement as evidenced by some of the base game characters plus Joker.
That doesn't mean anything. Plenty of smash characters are inspired by other sources, it would be like saying that Mario is less likely than Popeye or Link is less likely than Peter Pan.

What music / stage / spirit battles would you want from Frisk DLC?

I feel your pain. An Undertale stage based on the battle screen and music would be kino.

Uh, what about Kris is edgy? The fact that his eyes are a bit shaded? And how does he act edgy?

She doesn't do it though and she looks like a colorful cartoon monster like everyone else. For me she's more a bully than anything.

Basically this but add "Ruins" as a music track (Ruins is the most kino part of the game imo) and that Flowey's spirit enhances twice to young asriel and Hyperdeath Asriel

Attached: Frisk DLC.png (2048x1388, 2.84M)

He does looks edgy in the contrast with the world he is in and literally rips off his own heart/soul at the end.

>Quote has probably more historical impact than any other indie pick
Can someone explain this point? I know CS was made by one guy but why is it regarded as historically important?

At the end it's Chara, not Kris. It's why you can control the heart separately but not Kris during the final sequence
Aldo did you seriously just forget that Susie threatens to murder Kris

Cave Story was one of the first big indie games, I guess?

>mfw there are more indies inspired by off and lisa than UT

Not that user, but

Battle Screen Stage with the boss monsters tossing out bullet hell patterns you have to fight around

Hopes and Dreams (New Arrangement)
Bonetrousle
The World Revolving (New Arrangement)
Rude Buster
Your Best Friend/Your Best Nightmare Medley (New Arrangement)
ASGORE
Death by Glamour (New Arrangement)
Metal Crusher
Spear of Justice
Battle Against A True Hero
Dogsong

Attached: undertale-battle.png (640x480, 3K)

I wish more western devs acted like japanese developers holy shit pleasel. No gender politics, no feminism, no mentally ill transexuals. Its heaven.

Wasn't it made in 2004 though? Perfect Cherry Blossom was already 2 years old by them.

Cope more faggot bitch

>tfw tried to watch some japanese letsplays of undertale
>tfw they sound mega excited
>tfw no subtitles on any of the LPs, youtube auto translate only on some videos and even then barely works
suffering.

Both OFF and Lisa are unique games with a specific world and vibe. UT is way too inspired in Mother by comparison and feels like an anime mixed with western cartoon game, specially deltarune, which isn't rare to see both before and nowadays.

Nice Classic route, though I think Bayo would fit Mettaton more than Inkling. I'd love Death by Glamour and Battle Against a True Hero to get remixes.
Stagewise, the Ruins is a no-brainer, but I'd love to see Waterfall somewhere.
Cool spirit battles could be:
>Mettaton: fight a giant super-armor ROB followed by Bayonetta.
>Flowey: fight yellow Piranha Plant, which loves to taunt.
>Papyrus: fight pink Captain Falcon, while the Spaghetti food item spawns periodically.
>Asgore: fight a giant white Ganondorf, who wields Death's Scythe.

Domino effect

He set the course for indie games being longer and more fully fledged games inspiring countless devs to work on large indie projects that inspired more devs to work on more projects

also way most of those pixel games are not going for a retro look its just a graphics style easy enough for a 1 man team with no art team to make or done well it can look great

Inkling is Alphys, Joker is Mettaton

Final boss should be Marx, he's the closest thing in Smash to Flowey

>tfw no boss rush

1st big game

touhou does not take long to beat and it does not have much of a full structure in terms of how the player gets more powerful throughout the game

I mean cave story is not that long either and as a bullet hell touhou is fairly full but cave story has alot more content and is much more of what a normal player would see as a full game as alot of people are not into the replay the same thing over and over till you perfect it kind of deal

>The reality is Undertale perfectly represents the quirks, charms, and soul of indie games, at least more than any other indie game that could realistically get in Smash at this point.
That's not indies, it's a generational thing. Young adults and teens fucking love irony and meta jokes, which is what Undertale's writing is full of.
>On top of that they've confirmed non Fighter's Pass DLCs, so there's no pressure to add an Undertale stage.
Sakurai also says that he wishes to introduce new worlds to smash. Why blow your load on a Mii costume when you plan on adding more content? Why not just release everything together for a bigger splash? Even with your other arguments it still doesn't explain why this would happen.

Attached: 1560126556692.png (183x238, 14K)

a bullet hell is not as big of a game as a plat platformer with 3 endings 10 weapon with 3 levels each (other than the spur) a 4 hour or so main story with character progress getting you from 3 hearts for 50 as you explore the many levels with a plot structure that introduces you to many characters good and bad and shows many major changes to old locations throughout the game

>Young adults and teens fucking love irony and meta jokes, which is what Undertale's writing is full of.
Everyone older I've seen play Undertale has also enjoyed it. Heck a few Japanese developers were talking about how much they enjoyed it.

>blow your load on a Mii costume
That entire presentation was BTFO by Sans. The light he shed on Banjo's moveset, Terry's reveal, HRC, all of it was overshadowed by Sans getting in Smash, a shitty Mii Fighter costume reveal.
Nintendo HAS to see the money they would make off of full-fledged Undertale DLC for Smash, and Toby Fox is the indie dev with the most connections and respect to Nintendo. This shit is right there for them to see; if they aren't planning on introducing Fallen Human to the game now, they will when they see that Mii Gunners will be used ten times as much as they were before and Little Town Hero sells a fuckton because of Fox's involvement.

If that's the case, where is your full playable character? It wasn't even a unknown thing before, as people here state, it's popular in japan and sans was in offcial ballots. Yet nintendo literally says that he got in by popular demand. Talk about being delusional.

> it's popular in japan and sans was in offcial ballots
Undertale came out very shortly before the Smash ballot, and it hadn't even come out in Japan yet. Also Sans still got in due to popular demand regardless, how can there by any denial that it's popular

Toby Fox is the Jeff Magnum of vidya

Attached: 4B8ED4E3-1F2D-4A25-AB85-87F2177C12B9.jpg (648x324, 55K)

>At the end it's Chara, not Kris
That guy's a dumbass, but so are you. The townspeople actively comment on how Kris is acting weird if you ask them questions he normally wouldn't, they comment on how Kris is moving strangely, and if you try to play the piano (which goes poorly) the hospital receptionist mentions that Kris is normally way better at it. The implication is that you're possessing Kris against his will.

Not that user but Nintendo often makes poor decisions and leads to them having poor sales on their things, literally all home consoles after snes did poorly, except for the wii and probably the switch. I think its pretty reasonable that they can make poor choices with the fighters pass.

What I am saying is that there had popular demand and yet all you got was a mii costume. No other character is getting in if sans needed popular demand to just be in. The only chance you guys have is making frisk popular in ballots or wait for sans be playable in the next smash title.

>Where is your full playable character?
Missing the point. This same logic could've been applied to Ridley and Dark Samus in 4, Little Mac in Brawl, Isabelle in 4, the K. Rool costume in 4, you get my point. Fallen Human is scarily likely to be DLC for Ultimate, especially when Nintendo sees Sans outsell all the other Mii costumes combined plus even some DLC fighters. Sans being a Mii Fighter has single-handedly turned Fallen Human from a funny impossible pick to an overwhelming possibility.

>I have a theory that goes against yours!
I don't see why you're pushing your idea as canon when it's literally just a theory like mine is, you dumbass. It could also be that Kris was possessed for a long while, well before the PC, since the rusty bird cage has clearly been used numerous times for the purpose at the end of chapter 1.

If Frisk was in, why would they release the costume/song now instead of when Frisk gets added?

>I don't see why you're pushing your idea as canon when it's literally just a theory like mine is, you dumbass.
It's not a theory when it's just shy of being directly stated you absolute mongoloid. The only implication towards it being Chara is the ending stinger being reminiscent of the ending stinger of Genocide.

That doesn't mean anything because sans would bring more money as a fully playable character than frisk.

same reason they didn't add the geno mii costume with hero

Undertale is overrated and only homosuck fags talk about it every week.

This particular subject has been discussed earlier in the thread and I'm not gonna rehash it three times in a row now.

FUN GANG
FUN GANG

Attached: DrDGAJnVAAAb8HC.jpg (703x496, 57K)

I dont even like undertale but I would pay for sans for liking the meme. I wouldnt pay for frisk though.

FINGERS IN HIS ASS

I don't believe Frisk was planned when Sans came out. I believe Sans is all that's planned until Nintendo realizes Sans will outsell all their other costumes + Terry.
Then they'll make Undertale DLC.

No, but it does confirm that there will be a fully fledged Undertale rep in the next Smash (or possibly Deltarune, by that time). Sans is really the only good candidate from Undertale, but Deltarune looks like it could have a few different ones.

maybe I am wrong but this would be the first time that they introduce a character as costume or trophy first and make them playable in the same game

>Protip: The Sequel: Undertale is hugely more popular than Touhou.

Attached: 1565693370564.png (575x385, 108K)

I don't believe Sans has or ever will have a chance at being a true fighter, but yes, if Fallen Human comes out as DLC it'd be the first time a universe in Smash is introduced fighter-less, then given a fighter in that same game.

let's hope that until then the franchise isn't dead because no one knows what can happen even if I doubt it since deltarune is still coming to still keep UT up.

Fans are asking for sans, not frisk

So your argument is apples and oranges and people prefer oranges because they are not arcade like. Did I get it right?

Touhou does have a structure, even if it's arcadey. On top of being easily customizable, there are difficulty options that demand more and more from you. The game's length depends on how deep you want to get into it. The "power" in this case is the experience you get from what I will say bellow.

Generally, spellcards are built like mini puzzles where you need to figure out the correct route to capture them, otherwise you use a bomb to skip the card (if you have any). Between the basic controls and raw muscle memory, there are several tricks that you can learn to make capturing spellcards (hell, beyond that even) much easier such as streaming, micro dodging and deathbombing.

The practice mode is useful to study and practice specific spellcards you are finding hard. Naturally, harder difficulty will have more of those and much less room to fuck up, but you are never required to play those if you don't want to.

Finally, I will just say this. Cave Story is short as fuck, even for a platformer. I get it was made by one guy but that doesn't justify calling it a "big game". You could make the same argument about repetition too considering the different endings and the secret hard area (which are also a thing in 2hu anyways).

Attached: 1508895874459.jpg (489x483, 34K)

Dumbfuck. Clearly Sakurai and Toby are saving a slot for Jevil.

can you learn to use a comma please?

>So your argument is apples and oranges and people prefer oranges because they are not arcade like. Did I get it right?

The fuck? you you fucking retard

My point is cave story was a bigger and more traditional game and because of that was the inspiration behind indie devs going from making arcady games to bigger games that had a more traditional structure

No

Jevil will get in Instead.

Keep in mind that I didn't claimed that it was exclusevily enjoyed by them, only popularized. Fourth wall breaks and irony aren't a novelty, but this decade was specially marked by media that relied on it. Undertale just managed to hit the sweet spot and be exactly what its demographic wanted (in many ways really).
Even so, the DLC is already planned. I would get them adding an UT character in the next game but it would be really odd for them to backpedal because of twitter trends.

No, Undertale was designed to be a "deconstruction" of classic rpgs that poked fun at the idea of grinding areas for exp while having some dark meta undertones.
It's more about breaking down tropes than presenting a moral lesson, just like Deltarune isn't about nihilism but about what choice means in a video game.

Apples and oranges. Touhou is kept simple because it works better with what it wants to be. There is already plenty of variety with the different characters, shot types, endings and sometimes even bosses depending on who you are using. Your argument is like saying that Skyrim is better than Lego Racers because it has 300 quests while Lego racers only has a single storyline.

Toby already won for allowing this:
youtube.com/watch?v=2dpLGHDxNZI

Yeah, it makes no sense. If they knew Undertale was big and planned on releasing a playable character, why only release them later? It would be like adding Cloud a year after the Chocobo mii costumes.

He was probably too young to have played Earthbound when it first came out.

I really hope that you don't mean there's no moral in it at all when the game itself has a moral system that changes your gameplay accordingly how you play it. If you kill toriel and try to reset the game flowey literally call out on you for it.

ESLfags shilling cavestory ITT

Flowey's also explicitly intended to be an emotionless asshole who's mad at you for removing his timetravel powers by existing.

the game isn't even too recent to use it as an excuse, xenoblade chronicles 2 is from 2017. Sans was in official ballots before they even decided the dlc.

Using steam to check the number of players for a Japanese game?

Touhou inspired lots of indie games too, hell, it even gets referenced in western AAA titles that have nothing to do with arcadey gameplay. I won't go as far as say that what you wrote is wrong but I would like to see some examples of games inspired by CS.

Sans as a mii costume is way more than this pretentious, overhyped series deserved in the first place.

At least Deltarune unfucked the message, it's a good start.

Yeah, toriel also gets disappointed if you "kill" the puppet in tutorial and sans serves as the final judgement based in your actions. It's literally everywhere.

deltarune literally have one of the most pretentious starts I have seen recently during the character creation.

momodora series is a start.

And what, the in-universe characters are supposed to be apathetic about you being violent? Get a fucking brain. There's no moral message in Undertale, just the morality the characters themselves have.

Just keep playing, the game becomes much more grounded afterwards. Unlike Undertale it won't punish you for using common sense to maintain some 2deep4you message.

> BK
>Carefully built boomer hype
>Over literal decades
>Then half a year more on top of that
>A full character
>Causes some minor buzz

>Zoomer hype Sans
>Happens in less than a second
>No buildup
>Not even a real character
>It's a deafening roar
>BK doesn't even register on any instruments anymore
>BK is a mere sidenote in his own event

Nothing personnel,
Boom booms.
Embrace your irrelevance, that's all you are good for within a couple more years. Kek.

Sounds pretty fucking based to me.

so are you telling me that the story doesn't even have themes or explore anything? okay then.

Is Deltarune better than Undertale. I might play it but I only thought undertale was okay but pretty original.

>having/exploring themes is the same as pushing a message
You're braindad.

pushing a message is something that needs to be related to its theme, brain"dad".

>Is Deltarune better than Undertale
No, because Deltarune is a demo containing only the first part of the game.
It is, however, much better than the Undertale Demo.

Attached: DrNdLwkU0AAIONz.png (1070x1200, 445K)

Impossible to say since it's not going to be finished for years, but Yea Forums was jizzing itself for weeks after Chapter 1 was released

holy shit you're right

Attached: mlo90d2sgO1qz4rgp.gif (500x280, 985K)

well, I will try. It feels good to know that it isn't a pity party at least.

Alright I honestly didn't even realise there was no full release, I haven't been following many games lately aside from the new VtM game. Ill play if its just a demo, thanks.

i was too but that was because of ralsei

oh hey its the stupid faggot who still believes Frisk will be in over SANS

Attached: 1567718602392.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

he was clearly throwing a bone to the desperate underptale fans that are never getting a fighting in for real

>all these tumblr zoomers coming out of the woodwork

Christ. Yea Forums is foresaken.

It's pretty sad to see. They are genuinely delusional.

I'd honestly say it's a 60-40 chance for a full UT rep, 60 against and 40 for.

UT is beloved by Nintendo, The West, and Japan, and would sell oodles, and Sans being the costume means Frisk and Kris sre still possible. On the other hand, Mii costunes have been consolation prizes before and Megalovania being "Other" creates an awkward situation. Plus, Sakurai might want to rep new franchises and consider the Sans gunner "good enough".

We just don't know.

You can FIGHT in pacifist mode you dumb fuck. As long as you don't kill the monster, you're fine. And no one dies in Smash. So, it doesn't break Undertale's themes or whatever you're being autistic about.

This thread is mostly people having fun talking about a game they care about. Yea Forums could use more of that

BK is not as popular as 90s N64 kiddies like to believe.
Aside from spin-offs and ports, Banjo’s series has only had 3 major games for the span of 21 years. And only the first game was popular. However, most of that popularity is from nostalgia by westerners.
In contrast, Undertale incredibly popular. This is thanks to its unique premise, gameplay (even if the RPG elements are bogged down by bullet hell and the bullet hell is bogged down by the RPG), and publicity. Not only is undertale more popular in general, but it also is a huge step for indie games.

that's nice for him and all but Megolovania is pure fucking ear rape, how is this guy thought of as a good composer?

he's not wrong tho. Undertale is big among normies, millenials and zoomers.

Undertale isn't Toby's passion project, Delta Rune is.

Stevefags are just ironic autism and shitposting, annoying but enough to deal with
Reimufags are hardcore unironic autistic weebs so taking their post at face value is the same as taking it at full value

I'm 62 years old and the only tumbling I did was with my wife out in old Tom Merriman's barn back so long ago. I miss her but what are you going to do?

just the fact that we got the most popular side character before the protagonist says enough. If they had the chance it had to be now and it shows they went for ballots. Maybe next game.

>but Megolovania is pure fucking ear rape
Undertale music being the best part of the game is pretty much an indisputed fact.

Kek

Honestly an Undertale music pack by itself would be absolutely fine and based with me
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcto2U0aHTs&t=58s
youtube.com/watch?v=zKLxc2NsNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=tz82xbLvK_k
youtube.com/watch?v=w4tIwp_c_vA
youtube.com/watch?v=fxHfvlKGSPs

Attached: undyne.jpg (748x421, 49K)

absolute state of reimuplebs

it would need a spare or fight option which wouldnt work in a fighting game.That is what you are having trouble trying to understand.

I'd prefer Papyrus

Im not talking about games flat out made to be like cave story or directly inspired

cave story inspired devs to make bigger more fully fledged games as I said its a domino effect I mean there are directly inspired games like momodora but the impact of cave story was far bigger than that it caused a shift in how indie games where seen and made

youtube.com/watch?v=zP_1e30FWsE
all i want is this

Where did you get player numbers for older touhou games when they were released?
You do know that th-fans play their new touhous outside of steam? Especially on Nippon.
You wouldn't be that stupid, right?

Reminder true UNDERTALE fans support Trans rights

Pharaoh rebirth.

strawpoll.me/18598271

Why do you care so much what the fans do. It doesn't effect the game.

Toby Fox also does tho
UNDETALE fanbase is no place for transphobes

Attached: IMG_20190905_192803.png (578x152, 2K)

>tranny can't even spell UNDERTALE right
oh no no no

Attached: IMG_20190905_192807.png (578x152, 2K)

Attached: IMG_20190905_192812.png (578x152, 2K)

Shut the fuck about trannies and transphobes. Nobody cares.

I like undertale and I think trans are faggots that should get a job.

What now smartass?

Yes. The game handles Undertale's theme way better and it's just chapter 1. The combat system feels more polished. The plot still puts ACT on the pedestal but at least they give you room to do your own thing.

>Doesn't end it with a bad pun
TERRIBLE

Attached: 1515198098525.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

oof.

Attached: IMG_20190905_192816.png (578x152, 1K)

wait nevermind I get the joke now

Attached: 1502790122347.jpg (320x240, 13K)

Oh fuck I get it now. That's gotta sting.

Unironically want Undyne in over Frisk. Frisk is boring. And like the images user just posted, it'd be thematically relevant

This thread me realize how much of a waste of time this website is.

Sans was definitely WAY more requested than Frisk, this is the most Undertale content you're getting

I wish there were more music tracks though

Undertale is what you choose it to be. It makes a statement either way.
It's still very unlikely Frisk would ever make it in given Sakurai would probably get lost in trying build a moveset that revolves around pacifism, then give up half way cuz how the fuck would that even work.

Attached: 1474011331043.png (400x400, 23K)

To clarify, I meant that the deconstruction is more important that the morals that are present in the game, but the fact that the player is given the choice means there is no correct choice.
Flowey shaming you isn't JUST because you killed Toriel, it's because you think you are above the consequence of your actions by resetting for not reaching a favorable outcome which is a jrpg trope.
You are correct that morality plays an integral role, like in all storytelling, but Undertale's main point in both the Pacifist and Genocide route is that you the player have the power to do what you want through your determination to play the game. It's more nuanced than simply killing is bad and you should hug everyone but that in life our determination gives us the choice, even when it seems utterly hopeless.

Attached: 1564067830405.png (640x640, 253K)

>Blocks your path

Attached: Toriel_boogie.gif (206x203, 14K)

Frisk would be really easy to transition into a simple but fun fighter tho.
>Uses the stick for regular-attacks
>Other weapons and items for smash-attacks
>Uses different souls for special-moves (blue soul for a recovery, yellow soul/finger-gun for neutral special, etc)
>HOPES and DREAMS style final smash where everyone joins together for an all-out barrier-shattering style attack
Don't get me wrong. I dig how unique characters like Joker and Hero feel to play. But I just want more simple movesets like Banjo that don't need to rely on a gimmick so much.

Attached: DrU6zejWoAkec44.jpg (850x600, 85K)

I'd like to add that the three final bosses are reflective of this.
Asriel and Flowey are supposed to be in lore unwinnable fights, but because you are determined you are able to beat Asriel's universe manipulating powers and Flowey's abuse of saving.
Sans on the other hand is supposed to be unwinnable simply because he is so strong you are simply supposed to give up, but through your own personal determination to beat the hardest boss in the game you overcome that.
Undertale isn't telling you that "fighting is bad" but that determination is what gives you strength regardless of what ending you choose.

>People unironically want Dora the fucking Explorer as a DLC fighter

Attached: 1567404117279.png (600x600, 319K)

>He doesn't

Attached: 1457871334029.png (878x900, 250K)

I'm proud of Toby Fox and I'm going to fuck Papyrus.

Attached: 1511325534514.png (911x700, 433K)

little reveal trailer was kino
>male villager as frisk w/ stick and spaghetti, representing pacifist
>female villager w/ real knife and legendary hero, representing genocide
>fire flower and pp representing flowey and omega flowey, representing neutral

it's gonna be papyrus, screencap this

PAPYRUS NO

>Sans dodges/reflects every attack in the trailer
Sakurai never fails to deliver.

>Nintendo holds UNDERTALE in incredibly high esteem
It's honestly a bit surprising how much Nintendo seems to favor Undertale given that it's a shameless, blatant ripoff of Mother

I just pirated this game and played for a while. I learned to check the enemies and let them flee, but I killed that bitch that wasn't letting me leave. And then I met Sans for the first time. Am I doing alright?
This doesn't feel like Mother at all, btw.

>killed Toriel

If you're doing pacifist, ya fucked up.

You have to spare her 17 times. Don't bother healing, when you get low she'll intentionally miss.

Also, save your fucking Spider food.

You've messed up. If you're planning on completing the game, save yourself some time and reset or reload to before you killed Toriel.

>Am I doing alright?
Killing anyone keeps you in the Neutral route - once you beat it, story stuff will bring you back to replay it in Pacifist, which delivers the best ending. Keep that in mind.

Earthbound ripped off DQ so it's cool.

>Am I doing alright?
Ignore anyone telling you how to play the game. Just do you and see what happens. Toby didn't program dozens of potential endings for everyone to just FAQ their way to the same one.

I knew there was different endings but I just wanna play through (also fuck sparing SEVENTEEN time, how would anyone know?), I can understand hiding the ending, but are there gaming parts that I can't access because of it?

That wouldn't be too hard considering Undertale's soundtrack is the same song remixed here and there

Earthbound was a satire of traditional RPGs like DQ and FF. That's not the same as "ripping off"

It's subtle, but after the third time her facial expression changes and then she talks to you each time, begging you to fight her.

Yes, you'll miss an entire section of the game if you continue.

>are there gaming parts that I can't access because of it?
The fact that you're asking that sorta goes to show that you should keep playing and see what happens. It's just that kinda game.

Attached: 1446571900319.gif (157x111, 8K)

Lol no, it was Undertale for 90s kids, don't kid yourself.

People say that you shouldn't be pacifist in your first route and yet say to do it anyway. It's way better when you do neutral first and get time to have a chance to be attached to characters instead of doing pacifist first and feeling nothing in the ending like it happened to me because I wasn't emotionally invested with the characters.

I think you meant to say that "Undertale is just Mother for zoomers", which is exactly my original point, you fucking brainlet. Undertale ripped off Mother

Please don't even compare mother to UT. It's an insult to mother.

you have to get a neutral ending first anyways you retard, let him play the game

His face is uncomfortable.

Since I am here, anyone know other story driven rpg games to recommend? I didn't enjoy UT myself but I do like this style of games. I only played EB and mother 3.

Try LISA, OFF, rpg maker games have a good library for this kind of games.

If you’ve killed her and spared others, you’ll get one of the neutral endings. If you want to see one of the neutral endings, keep going. If you’re going for pacifist run, you’ll need to reset and spare Toriel.

My favorite one is OneShot.

Attached: niko fox.png (1630x2166, 827K)

Sans as a character makes sense as a mii fighter because it's the "low effort/funny" way to add a character.

Sans as a character himself would want it this way

Do we really need to put this much of a spin in it

It's more of a "well, it works." observation than a spin.
The guy I replied to could be right, there might not be the material to really work with, but it still works out that his lazy ass is just a costume on top of someone else.

Attached: Mogeko_castle_title_screen.png (639x477, 190K)

>Mogeko stuff
Please no.

Shit taste.

Attached: Moge_ko.png (520x770, 170K)

Actual diagnosed autist here. Absolutely not. I think you underestimate how terrifying that kind of shit and attention is for us.

>main character

Attached: 4565654.jpg (500x285, 23K)

That was a cunny in time

How is Frisk not the main character of Undertale...?

this. why is the sans costume a full-body costume with extra detail? he was probably supposed to be a full character

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave his spot to ZUN
mobile.twitter.com/tobyfox/status/999209960536850433?lang=en

Attached: A6AFDC94-5C76-46E2-9290-2A414E476B03.jpg (1200x628, 200K)

My idea from forever ago was having the heart-shaped soul and Frisk as two different entities- Frisk is the one of the two that can attack, but he can't take damage. The soul can't attack, but can take damage. No idea how you'd control both at once, though

>implying third parties can just give their slot to whoever they want
that's not how it works

Maybe the next game. Wouldn't they have announced Sans' costume alongside Frisk?