Contains the most iconic mission in the series, "Meat King's Party"

>contains the most iconic mission in the series, "Meat King's Party"
>contains two of the best missions in the series, "Beldingford Manor" and "Traditions of the Trade" (I know the latter is a remake of the mission from the first game, but it's much superior)
>most kino story scenes (47 wounded and his experiences transition flawlessly into flashbacks)
>god tier dark atmosphere
>best OST in the series
>all missions take place during a rainy night (with one eerie exception, The Bjarkhov Bomb)
>perfect final mission (as opposed to BM's movie-like finale) that has you escape in an excellent way and also ties the game to BM
The best game in the series, hands down. BMfags and nu-hitmantards need not apply.

Attached: 220px-Hitman_3_artwork.jpg (220x312, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg79tcjvXIc&list=PL9087047C1887C20A&index=4&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=Romk7n46hq4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3HXYNOzW6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>old good
>new bad
Are one of those retards that care for story in hitman?

Loved Contracts, but it aged horribly. Nu-Hitman games are the best now

Contracts was amazing for it's time. Blood Money improved the formula greatly. NuHitman is not bad

>this is the state of Yea Forums
You zoomeretards need to get out.

Im a boomer but unlike you, Im not a decrepit fossil permanently stuck in the past lmao.

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-015359.jpg (1920x1080, 999K)

>le zoomber
Die, degenerate
Old good new bad

Just keep it up with that mantra, but it won't stop you from being a pleb.
If someone hates a newer game it doesn't mean he's a boomer stuck in the past, neither does someone hating on an old game mean he's a zoomer who only likes the newest thing.

based contracts OP

>If someone hates a newer game it doesn't mean he's a boomer stuck in the past, neither does someone hating on an old game mean he's a zoomer who only likes the newest thing.
>You zoomeretards need to get out.
You ok retard? I'm wood

The bjarkhov bomb mission is the only thing preventing the game from being a 10/10 in my book, but otherwise I completely agree with you OP.

Attached: 1541929460013.png (480x480, 148K)

The Bjarkhov Bomb is a pretty good mission because of its unique atmosphere, what prevents the game from being a 10/10 or even a 8/10 is the second half which has too much Hong Kong missions, not to mention all of them have small maps and two missions even use the same map. That's what you get for adapting Hitman 1's missions, they are simply too short.

What's so iconic about meat king? It's probably the most forgetable mission in the game.
>aged
What does that even mean? I replayed it last year, it's still the same game.

>It's probably the most forgetable mission in the game
I can't fathom how stupid you have to be to think this. What's there to forget about you infiltrating a party like the Meat King's? All sorts of degenerates being in an orgy and dressed in weird clothing, plus that mixed with the meat factory. There's also the overall look of the area, the character of Meat King, the opium rooms etc.
I'm sorry to break it down to you, but you're literally low IQ.

Kyd's a genius.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg79tcjvXIc&list=PL9087047C1887C20A&index=4&t=0s

Attached: Back.png (1768x1376, 3.84M)

k

>no Jesper Kyd
He was to Hitman what Uematsu was to FF series. nuHitman games are soulless.

Only played Absolution, didn't like how it ended. Is Contracts better ?

The music isn't horrible in the nuHitman games but I really would have liked to hear what Jesper could have done with the dynamic music. The problem with IOI and Jesper these days is that basically IOI can't afford him. Ubisoft hiring him for Assassin's Creed made him into a AAA rockstar who only makes music for the big bucks for the normie trash games that make the bigger bucks.

This series may have well have not existed until BM came along.

Isn't the way Absolution ends the only good part of the entire game? The entire horrible cringe story that gets 47's character completely wrong was a fabrication and none of it happened the way the player experienced it?

>basically IOI can't afford him
Doubtful, you are aware that he made the soundtracks for both Vermintide 1 and 2 right? Fatshark was pretty much an indie studio back in 2015 when VT 1 was released.

You can enjoy Contracts all you want, but Blood Money improved so many things that it is impossible to not hand it the crown.

Way to prove his point

I agree, Contracts has the best quality missions but it's too short and has too many Hong Kong missions. I was never much of a fan of Blood Money other than that gameplay changes it brought. That Heaven and Hell mission felt like a copy of the Meat Kings Party but more poorly executed.

Curtains Down is maybe my favourite level in the series but Blood Money had too many filler levels. Hitman 2 would have been better than Contracts if the gameplay was the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=Romk7n46hq4

I'm glad there's still people with good taste left on Yea Forums. You hit the mark the most when it comes high tier missions in that game are:
>Curtains Down
>A New Life
>You Better Watch Out…
>A House of Cards

*when it comes to BM. The only high tier missions in that game are:

Nuhitman lacks atmosphere and Jesper Kyd. Also has too many npc conversations.

The gameplay is great though

it's just a map pack for Hitman 2 with small AI fixes. Nothing new and the last mission is linear and not fun

I'd maybe swap out A House of Cards with Murder of Crows just because House of cards is a boring Hotel level that Traditions of the Trade did much better.

I agree. atmosphere was stellar and the mission where you defuse the nuke in the harbor was the best Hitman experience I've had. idk if I played 1.0 but some parts were broken as fuck. still great.

I dunno, I still find Contracts quite playable, it’s Silent Assassin that starts to feel badly dated when compared to rest (desu, all could be forgiven if the mission design wasn’t so damn uneven) while Codename 47 is very much unplayable garbage. Man, while I have to give C47 some credit for actually creating the series and being an ambitious game for its time, it’s not something I’d ever want to replay again.

To be fair Silent Assassin felt like top jank even when I played it in 2003.

C47's soundtrack was the best

based retard

Have you even liatened to it, you tasteless mongrel?

best song in the series

Almost, but not quite:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3HXYNOzW6A

>jungle missions are nearly unplayable because of the terrible draw distance

I don't even remember how I managed to finish them, especially with the terrible checkpoints.

nah

half the the game is copypaste from the first game, hitman2 engine with poor animations, only a few good missions

Blood money or the new Hitman games from 2016 and 2018 shit all over Contracts, it's not even up for discussion

based, i still have the Contracts CD

have sex

IMO, Contracts is the weakest of the trio, it fixes the psychotic AI of Silent Assassin, but it was the easy ride for me, Hong Kong missions for example are the easiest of the bunch.

The original ones is where the game stand, they are well crafted and incentives a more modular playstyle.

I've replayed through the first four Hitman games, C47 is hands down the worst, it wasn't only the glitchfest and lack of save featuring during missions, but also how part of the missions have a poor design that incentives shooting a lot, as if they wanted to mix both stealth and shooting but ended up breaking its own design.

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin was the massive improvement, I stilll have a love for this game, even if it was surpassed in quality, but back at the day, it was from water to wine, sure thing that some of the missions were complete pain in the ass, but still...

Contracts is what i've said in the first paragraph

Blood Money was the major step just like SA was for C47, the ways you could complete a mission expanded in a nice way, with the existing mechanics being refined.

INB4: A warning for console anons, the HD Trilogy (which is also BC with XONE) sadly runs at 30 FPS and is missing the facial animations in Hitman 2.

>contains the most iconic mission in the series, "Meat King's Party"
that's not "A New Life"

>c47 is worst
Mechanically, yes, of course, it was the first one and they probably didn't fully know what they want to do. But they have the best mission variety and the most interesting targets. I liked how Pablo Ochoa had multiple lives, Chinese guy was protected by a fat piece of shit who insta recognized you etc. The targets had character. A shame that IO a and oned those sometimes supernatural, one-off characteristics of characters in later games. Now every target is functionally identical and none of them stand out on their own merits, what makes an assassination memorable is the level, not the target.
>Hitman 2 Silent Assassin was the massive improvement, I stilll have a love for this game, even if it was surpassed in quality, but back at the day, it was from water to wine, sure thing that some of the missions were complete pain in the ass, but still...
Jesus Christ the desert missions. I fucking hated them.
>Contracts is what i've said in the first paragraph
I still consider the Chinese restaurant level from Contracts to be the best they ever made.

>liatened
Based retard

contracts had some kino moments
that SnM party, bajrakov bomb etc ,exotic and unforgivable locations
but kinda spooked me , it a good game