Remake a game that isn't even 10 years old

>Remake a game that isn't even 10 years old
>That was ported not long ago to the 3DS even
ZOMG BAAAAAASED NINTENDO BASED TETSUYA TAKAHASHI TRULY THIS MAN'S GENIUS KNOWS NO BOUNDS

Attached: xenoblade.jpg (400x225, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPm6SMuKOQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=uyNLNsnbDeA
youtu.be/wZ84UWORgG8
nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u/
youtu.be/nhi_L9glo2c?t=44
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0hhzASHwY
youtu.be/jXpmE69dFgY
youtube.com/watch?v=dVvRCKpDABY
youtube.com/watch?v=yV5a81odL8E
youtube.com/watch?v=U6KiY0AL010
strawpoll.me/18595344/r
youtube.com/watch?v=XnLzNWGVLyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone know if they're re-recording anything? I hope Adam Howden can match himself back in 2012.

>it will be 10 years old in 2020
>that was a shit port for new 3ds only so only a few played it
>there will be actual new content
Retard

it was ported to New* 3DS

Good, rerelease games as many times as possible for new systems so I don't have to bring out my Wii/Wii U/earlier consoles.

Adam said he recorded some new lines for it, but that trailer definently used archive recordings

>released on wii
>re-released on N3ds
>re-re-released on wii u
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeleased on shitch

All this crying aside, why do people keep saying the new Monado design is a replica Monado? That doesn't even make sense given the geographical region we see Shulk in, and they didn't spoil anything past the Bionis in terms of plot.

Good. His screams were something else. Especially when the monado freaked out before Egil.

I never played it on wii and I can get it on switch, is there a problem? You sound upset

Attached: 543dfc24992945d25691ec88a880b017.gif (480x360, 1.86M)

>the last guardian was released in three consecutive playstation generations
it's ok when sony does it

If you don't think the main reason this remake is happening is to retroactively add more connections to Xenoblade 2 and set up future Xenoblade games then I don't know what to tell you. We Perfect Works now.

Isn’t Melia’s VA a bigger time actress now? Hopefully they get her back

Yeah, but the previous 2 versions were shit. Now I can finally play the game.

So the faggot seething about the game in the xenoblade threads now made his own huh?
sage goes in all fields

Bionis Shoulder will probably have new cutscenes, and XC2 had voiced heart-to-hearts so those might be a thing. Who knows how much more there could be.

>add more connections to Xenoblade 2

Best girl cameo?

Attached: CE78BFDB-C35D-4044-9B6B-FDDD66D2861C.jpg (1024x723, 123K)

Doubt they can then. Nintendo won't pay big money for VO.

More like rex speech at the end of the game

How much will this cost?
Will this get a physical release?

too bad we're not getting this legit on pc, i'd rather have it my library than emulate.

Plot twist. Xenoblade Definitive is a THIRD universe created from when Klaus pushed the button that heavily resembles Xenoblade 1.

The plot will completely go off the rails and deviate from Xenoblade 1 halfway through and establish that it's actually a Xenoblade 3 disguised as a remake of Xenoblade 1.

We get to learn more about Alvis/Ontos, Galea/Meyneth, see a third side of Zanza/Klaus/Architect

Logos respawns in this third universe and that's where the plot begins to deviate fro the original.

Alvis is well aware of what's going on and is somehow the same person from Xenoblade 1 despite being a different universe.

He pulls out his own Siren and we get an Ontos versus Logos fight.

The mechon become cannonfodder and can't compete to Conduit-made Sirens.

Attached: takahashi's wild ride.jpg (194x345, 25K)

> Sage goes in all fields
> doesn't actually put Sage in all fields

What did he mean by this?

Is XC1 the new Skyrim?

Will definitive edition be compatible with labo vr?

>counting the 3DS port for remotely anything

You're retarded, OP.

3DS port was godawful

They're literally only doing this because Takahashi is more than likely trying to revive his Perfect Works, 5/6 Episode formula from Xenogears/Xenosaga that he never got to do, because Square and Bamco didn't work out. Monolith Soft has a proper foundation now, 4 studios, and Xenoblade is damn near a rising, and already popular IP. They're just trying to connect things for their next major release, XC3, which should just about tie up the mainline. Unless, Takahashi plans on having X connect to the mainline by completely remaking XCX1 in the future.
As funny as this sounds, it's really unnecessary and I hope it doesn't happen. I have doubts that Logos is dead, but for what reason would he reappear on the Bionis and fight Ontos for?

Attached: image.png (162x186, 20K)

>The plot will completely go off the rails and deviate from Xenoblade 1
That sounds awful. I want people who never played XB1 to get to experience it, not play some random other game using its title.

Nope, we mean rework klaus scene to be more like the xbc2 version of it, plus reworking Alvis scenes to add more connections to the fact that he is Ontos.

I don't expect them to go that far but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sweeping changes to the plot. Bionis Shoulder alone is probably going to necessitate some story tweaks (unless they make it an optional area or something).

Alvis will have a blue Zohar on his chest instead of that dumb key

Attached: 1560606970329.jpg (1981x719, 104K)

It's not a remake you fucking idiot. It's a remaster no doubt placed on a new engine that actually allows for high quality models, rigging, and articulation.
I fucking swear that none of you know the difference between remasters, remakes, and reboots.

Attached: 1443674386641.jpg (1390x945, 994K)

The only brainlet here is you. You're a moron, full stop. The official Japanese announcement for Definitive Edition calls it "A remake of the story that started it all!"
Now off yourself, you stupid fucking BRAINLET.

I genuinely do think this is amazing. That said. Why does HD also mean "less green"?
That I kind of hate.

>Not even ten years old.
Tenth anniversary is next year, and it was released at the tail end of a console generation on hardware that was piss old even at release.

Why you gotta be like this?

It's better to port a good old game that make a bad new game

Are you the same user who's been sperging about it not being a remake for threads now? Big fucking deal, people are going to keep saying it, and it damn near might as well be one. Cope, please.

Works for me. Never played it on the Wii and I'll be damned if I'm playing something like that on my fucking 3DS.

they should just rewrite the game to replace sharla with nia (dromarch=juju, rex=gadolt)

It's a remaster.

>Was released on the Wii, Wii U, New 3DS, and Switch respectively
That's actually pretty wild when you think about it. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if XC2 was remade exactly a decade later.

Adam's honestly even better now than he was back then. Man is a VA beast.

>A remake of the story that started it all!

Attached: 1541102804145.jpg (1369x708, 177K)

>only sold on Wii at Gamestop for 12 hours
>sold on 3DS with some great bug fixes but was only on some models of 3DS
>now on Nintendos big system where there is a massive audience and they are using their Xenoblade X/2 engine

>source: my ass

I wish it could have been a Xenosaga remaster, people have been asking awhile for it.

If it were a simple remaster with updated graphics, it wouldn't be including new areas, and revised, plus new story content. I don't think you know the difference between a remaster, and a remake.

>yfw not only are we getting entirely new models and animations but all the shit like the damage scale bug will be gone

I think you have things mixed up. A remaster would just be releasing the original game in HD or somethimg, this is definitely a remake.

The only reason I am excited about this is because it means a remaster of X is currently in development.

YE YE YE

>They make Xenoblade X
>It sucks
>"It's not like XC" people said

>They make Xenoblade 2
>It's much more in line with XC
>It still sucks though

Literally the only truly good game they made was XC and so they're just going to keep making it forever. Didn't they lose their core members to work on BOTW?

Attached: xb-hd.png (797x886, 1.38M)

He literally said he got through recording some new lines on his Twitter. If they were simply going to remaster it, they wouldn't have called him and likely the others up to do new lines for the game.
>Currently in development
Probably not, user. It's clear that they want to focus on the main line first. I don't doubt that they have an X remake in planning, though. I figure the schedule will go
>XC1R > XC3 > XCX1R > XCX2 > XCX3

Man what an improvement.

Fiora is really fucking hot now

>We Perfect Works now.
Fuck yeah
Maybe as enemies
They don't really have the system for adding interchangeable party members on the fly like they did in XB2, so I think XB2 members will show up as a post-game challenge.
Maybe it'll let you unlock the Pneuma and Malos monados

Unless they redo the story to not completely fuck melia over, I don't give a fuck about it. shulk is a huge fucking asshole, and the ending is garbage. dead people should stay dead.

Why would I pay $60 plus tax plus tip for this port when I can play wii version with the HD pack? Portability doesn't count

>Didn't they lose their core members
Yes, and no. They had a skeleton crew while working on XC2, but they still had some core team present. After that game their studio was expanded greatly to about 200+ people, across 4 different studios that aid with different stuff. One studio is for other Nintendo games like BotW, there's the main studio, and I assume the other two aid in the main projects as well.

>He literally said he got through recording some new lines on his Twitter.
He hasn't said anything about the remaster.

>Xenoblade 2
>"Much more in line"
On what fucking planet? It was stylistically even further off and the plot was stupider than ever.

remaster, remake, and reimagining are all different words that mean the same thing. They imply different levels of changes and re-used assets, but there is no hard line definition that dictates the distinctions between the three terms.

Cope lmaooooooo

>zoomers would rather spend money than just go to their closets and hook up an older console which takes all of 14 seconds
pathetic

This, if its digital only its trash.

Will we get beta Fiora's outfit? It was really cute.
Cuck.

>Characters can make proper expressions now and have more life in them instead of being Down syndrome filled mud dolls
>This is a bad thing
Well alrighty then Yea Forums

>Will we get beta Fiora's outfit? It was really cute.
Isn't it just one of the outfits you can get via quests?

>BoTWs English dub
Damn, you’re right. They NEED to change Zeldas English voice for the sequel. I don’t think I can handle an entire game with THAT voice being front and center

melia fucking bestgirl you fiora loving faggot.

Man I don't know, that game was real big and I never bothered to do everything. I'd assume not considering how fast she turns robutt.

Wait a minute.... wait a second....the announcement wasn't for uncesored, with fixed dub XCX?
I can play Chronicles in best version on PC for years.

I know several people who just outright refuse to play XC because it's "too ugly." While I don't condone caving in to the lowest common denominator, it's obvious why they're doing it.

Attached: Camwhores.jpg (1311x942, 273K)

>"Why doesn't this boy I don't express my feelings to love this person he's known and loved forever instead of MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Cuck.

Of course not. They have guidelines for that. You can make an emphasis though, and assume that he was working on XC1, though. He literally said he got through recording lines for a project everyone loved, or something along those lines. Soon after, the remaster was unveiled. It's not too hard to put 2 and 2 together.

dromarch crashes the buggy because he has no fucking hands; rex is about to die in agniratha and nia gives a monologue about how long she's loved him and he gives a monologue about the power of friendship and then gets blown into a million pieces

You can play XCX on PC as well

>>>>>>>>>now

I just avoided it because I didn't like Shulk. Depending on the price, I'll give the remake a chance.

XBX didnt need a a remake and isnt popular, XB1 does since its part of a dualogy

OP is a virgin

>wiiu emulator ever being as stable as Dolphin

literally LMAOing at your life

Sounds like the talent was dilluted. Too many people made the heart of the original drown in the cumulative desire for tired anime tropes.

Like the new artists we got? They only draw generic anime whores. Writers? Worked on anime.

I don't give a fuck what's popular, not only i am owed a remake, they also owe me a continuation.

Attached: lao husbando.jpg (286x423, 118K)

>XCX didn't need a remake
I think everyone can agree that it does. It has a plethora of issues, on top of having a lot of unfinished content, judging by the artbook. If you dislike X, that's cool, but let's not pretend it doesn't need a remake to fix the issues it had.
>Wasn't popular
Blame the Wii U for being a placeholder console

>Original game was on a gimmicky and low power console
>rerelease it on a gimmicky low power handheld
>wtf why are they rereleasing it again?
Switch may be gimmicky as hell, but at least its not uncomfortable to use and is at least as powerful as a PS3

The light blue one on the bottom is what you're thinking of, right? The armor is the 'dyed' set you get from doing one of the Emmy Leater quests.

Attached: Compilation_Armor_Fiora_5.jpg (715x880, 269K)

Seriously? What's there not to like about Shulk? All he wants to do is go out and genocide some stupid mechs.

Xenoblade Rehydrated

>new scenes are added showing that Alvis is aware of his younger siblings' suffering.
And yet he does nothing, best older brother ever!

Attached: IMG_20190316_211234.jpg (733x1168, 174K)

>m-muh soul

>All he wants to do is go out and genocide some stupid mechs.
until he doesn't, in the dumbest way possible

>On Wii it didn't have a very widespread release and 3ds was a 400x240 screen as you're trying to see fields that are miles long..

youtube.com/watch?v=vPm6SMuKOQ8
>Might actually get to see these scenes with their actual canonical outfits and not retarded looking armor

Attached: 1514535546008.jpg (265x257, 61K)

wtf are you on about
it's ps4 only.
Maybe you're talking about Shadow of the Colossus

I really do think Shulk had a better character arc than Rex. No issue with Rex, but his character mostly acted as a foil to develop the other people in the cast, and that was minimum at best outside of Nia, Mythra, Jin, and that's really about it.

He thinks Shulk is how he is in smash

I hope we get a cutscene viewer that uses the armor you have currently equipped in your save, like XB2. That'd be great.

did anyone notice how there were no big tiddy anime girls on the entire trailer

Pretty sure she had different hair during the beta version of the Monado awakening cutscene too, but it's close enough.

New content, like Bionis Shoulder
also, likely new post-game content

I hope they re-do the armor designs to keep their original outfits' silhouettes and hallmarks

You can clearly define all of those easily, though
>Remastering is taking the original and touching it up
>Remaking is recreating the original mostly or entirely from scratch
>Reimagining is using the original as a basis but ultimately taking it in a different direction

Shulk in smash

>Ohim frem livapool

Shulk in XC

>Hey Reyn, wanna go kill all robots?
>I see your point but I still think we need to genocide their entire population on the grounds that I want to

Yeah. It's called plot development. And it doesn't do XC much favors.

It's a Nintendo-published game, of course it will have a physical version. They just push for digital more.

There's like 3 different Shulks.

>Japanese Shulk (canon Shulk)
Really boring shonen protagonist, can't emote much

>English Shulk (based Shulk)
Has a wide range of emotions and his English voice actor is so good that it gives him a lot of personality his Japanese self lacks

>Smash Shulk
>hotblooded british meme boy

I don’t want any unnecessary clutter in my loving room. It’s why I will only ever own one console from each generation, and this generation the switch happens to be the one with the most games.

yes, shame we didn't get to see sharla's redesign

How Klaus feel about this?
>Older son is a rebel that escaped and is conspiring to kill his other self and him by default.
>Middle son is an angst fag and also gay.
>Younger daughter is a shotacon and has a literal multiple personality disorder.

>Dubfags

lol get that shit out of here.

I don’t like the new Fiora, her smug aura mocks me.

His character arc kind of goes off the rails during the final Metal Face confrontation

>looks worse than the HD mod
How the fuck do you fuck this up?

He easily could've prevented the latter two from ending up that way and made the decision not to, he has no right to complain.

But will this remake include Zohar kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=uyNLNsnbDeA

Attached: 1565640812042.jpg (580x379, 34K)

>Until he doesn't
>Goes on a revenge quest because his childhood friend gets smoked by Metal Face
>Tears through Mechon left and right
>Is reunited with Fiora and suddenly loses part of that anger
>Realizes Metal Face is Mumkhar, a homs, and wants to give him the same chance that Fiora did
>Dies and the gang falls to the Machina village
>Realize Mechon are just as human as homs, and begin to question their world
>Climb the Mechonis and discover the truth of what transpired between the Titans, and their people, alongside how the Machina were basically wiped out
>Still put a stop to Egil so he doesn't take any more lives, but spares him because they're just about the same in terms of personality (introverted dorks who want revenge for what was stolen from them)
>Denies Zanza's will, discovers his own true power (Monado), and changes fate the way he desires
Do people not know what a character arc is?

She was having a wardrobe malfunction.

Attached: LostLikeThis.jpg (903x649, 134K)

I genuinely hope that they make the combat a lot more fluid like XC2. I would also not complain in the slightest if they removed armor and gems/gem crafting.

The problem with Rex is that he starts off as a complete brat and banters with other characters, but then Pyra starts coddling him and makes him completely dependent on her.

Attached: 1516811481875.jpg (1000x1000, 157K)

>looks worse than the HD mod
lol no

Attached: 1549655604644.png (1366x768, 220K)

Shulk's a very straightforward character with a very straightforward arc
That's good because it means communicating that arc can be well done with little ambiguity but also it doesn't need to be too overt.
On the other hand, Shulk and the story of XB1 in general didn't leave me thinking a lot like XB2 or XBX's did, since the ambiguity there and more complex arcs had me parsing them for longer.
They're both pretty good though, I felt. Shulk is immediately likeable while Rex grew on me over time.
The weirdest thing is that while I like XB2 more, I always recommend XB1 first because I think good pacing and good openings are the most important factor to most people's enjoyment of a story.

>HD mod are completely new textures that are touched up to support like 4k resolution
>XCD takes the original XC1 environments, up-res them, and then inserts brand new character models made specifically for the Switch

they better capture the generally dense look of reyn's face

I imagine if they do touch upon the combat, you'll have a selection of 4 arts that you can switch out instead of having to scroll through 8 arts. This might make the combat a little harder though, since you won't have access to a majority of your skills.

Same here. Except I never really ended up liking Rex all that much.

>get to rebuild colony 6 again except I can't speed up the game while farming now

Attached: 1533741241525.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Even though the game isn’t really that old, because it was made on the Wii, it’s basically a whole generation behind anything releases when it came out, especially since it was a late Wii title. It’s basically no different than if a GameCube or PS2 game gets a remake, that’s the level of hardware the original was dealing with.

Shulk wasn't boring. He was just proper. Dunban was the reckless, emotional one.

They can't all be the reckless, emotional one; someone needs to know what they're doing to get the party to the end of the game.

Attached: Dunban.png (250x574, 186K)

Same, to be honest. I think it might be the fact that Rex's arc is about coming of age, and he's still relatively a child. Compared to Shulk, who's essentially an adult.

hold a button and it shows the other 4 arts imo

stop acting like your "living room" is anything more than a cumstained mattress and a shitty television

You can see most of his face for a split second in the trailer

>Xenoblade 1 Fiora
Down syndrome potato
>Xenoblade 1 Mechon-Fiora
Shulk with tits
>Xenoblade 2 Fiora
Psychotic yandere
>Xenoblade 1 Definitive Fiora
Smug and hot

Attached: Evolution of Fiora.png (2496x1348, 2.78M)

>spend the entire game slowly rebuilding Colony 6 by bringing Juju shitloads of ultra rare items that take ages and ages to get
>everyone just ends up moving to Colony 9 in the ending and 6 is forgotten
I was so fucking mad.

Attached: 1538105478947.png (400x400, 124K)

You can buy a plastic container to store your old consoles in for cheaper than the price of exactly 1 remastered game. If you don’t have room in your closet for a single plastic storage container I don’t know what to tell you

>Japanese Shulk (canon Shulk)
arguable, the god of XB1 is called Klaus, not really a japanese name, if the people of that world learned to speak from their gods then they would speak English, also in the final chapter of XB2 when Klaus dissipates the cloud sea the message "operation homecoming to elysium final phase" is displayed on the world tree, and that message was obviously written by Klaus, so perhaps the canon language in Alvis's world is English

Imagine all the new xbc1 fanart this will cause, also xbc2 will get even more relevant. Pic related is just one hour old.

Attached: EDsrr_rUYAAHdG7.jpg (2048x2048, 570K)

You know the thing where people give subs-users shit for not understanding the language goes both ways. Just stop talking about things you don't know.

for absolute FUCKS sake this is unironically the soul vs soulless meme...but real

the canon languages of xb2 worlds isn't english, none of the human characters can read the writing in morytha

Remake the goddamn fucking retarded Affinity system

Attached: latest[1].jpg (650x366, 81K)

Are any of those images actually new? That just looks like a compilation of some of Chouhou262's older fanart.

I wonder if the nopon will go back to being lovable or if they'll be filthy little shits like in the future games?

Please don't ruin my Frontier Village. Please.

Attached: heropon.jpg (386x530, 309K)

Why does it still look like shit then?

I wonder if the battle system will be tweaked.... XC2 only allowed each party member to equip 3 arts at a time to correspond with the joycon buttons, but the 8-art palette in XC1 is essential for battles to function

XB2 Fiora looks like she murders people.

TO YOU
TO ME
I'VE GOT IT
If they add the 'meh' shit from 2's dialogue I'm raiding Monolithsoft

>Jumping off those ice slides on Valak Mountain in the remaster
They better not have fucked with Valak, or the conveyer belts in the Mechonis for that matter.

YEAH
ALROIGHT
COOL
NICE

XC2 let you switch blades mid-battle which effectively gave you more arts than XC1

I never played it, so its new for me.

THERE WE GO

Im hoping it's 40 bucks and physical. But honestly it's gonna be 60 and probably physical. I get that they're remaking the game in a new engine, but it's still a 10 year old game. The only thing that makes me cool with it is just how big the game world is.

The issue comes when we encounter games that blur the line between distinctions. Which is why we have constant arguments of whether a game is a remaster or a remake.

just a little bit

Attached: DtQtpVBVAAYgo9G.jpg (800x800, 58K)

This is a remake not a port. New models, new content, etc. HD textures will never be able to fix the shitty models.

If you savescummed these then you have no soul.

stay away from spoilers and have fun

They'll probably re-work the combat a little to be mroe fluid but I doubt they'll bring in stuff like auto-cancelling or stuff
Just make the animations cleaner
The thing I liked about Rex was that his arc wasn't a 180 from how he starts. I feel like those sorts of situations are kind of predictable where characters basically invert on how they were originally.
Rex is still a kid near the end of XB2 but he's become more mature without becoming more jaded or cynical. I don't know, I really liked that.
He's also just goofy and I liked that in protagonists
That being said, I think I'd probably spend more time with Shulk irl.

Yeah, I checked and they are just collages, but the artist started to retweet all their old xeno art like a madman and very sure will draw more now with xbc1 coming back.

Attached: IMG_20190905_095215.jpg (1448x2048, 340K)

Attached: Xenoblade.png (1790x606, 33K)

More content, buddy. Also, updated models.
Portablity always count, but that's a feature of the console. To be honest, the Switch and a PC are the only two platforms worth playing games on these days.

>>re-re-released on wii u
Didn't happen.

He'll draw more if he doesn't die first ;_;

Attached: D7sF0bVXYAAaAk5.jpg (1437x1650, 165K)

The original Xenoblade only sold like 1.5 million. The switch will have 55 million people to sell to by next year. It's a good idea to remake it.

i dont understand the "ugly meme" sure the characters faces arent that great but the game itself looks fucking gorgeous. makes me a bit mad.

I imagine we'll see the Conduit in the Space Elevator flashback, except it'll be an extended scene that shows Ontos creating the world of the Bionis/Mechonis. It'll possibly even be in the ending, when Shulk creates a new universe, and Ontos gets blasted off to.. who knows?

It's the classic anime trope of "if you don't have a reflection in your eye, you're crazy"

Attached: yandere.jpg (4096x1389, 755K)

I hope they add in the ending area they teased

Alright lads, how does XB1DE fit into the timeline?

Attached: 1536619384262.png (1540x1069, 1.01M)

Of course it's gonna be $60. This isn't just an upscaled port, we already know they're adding a new region and they're adding or changing a bunch of assets in existing scenes.

I hope they rework the pacing on the latter half of the game. I doubt they will but maybe...

Corvin fanart?! Now that is a rare find.

Attached: IMG_20190905_095203.jpg (1575x1250, 191K)

Rex uses the power of the Conduit to give his best dimension-traveling friend the chance to either be with Melia or cuck her even harder by actually CHOOSING not to be with her

d and e are the fourth and fifth letters in the alphabet, it's both xenoblade 4 and 5

I think he uses the Conduit to kill himself after recreating the world, gods are born from him so no gods means no gods

Is just xenoblade 1 extended. In any case, it will replace the original xenoblade 1.

You joke but I suspect we'll get something interesting here
Maybe we'll get to talk to Zanza in the post-game or something

I might have to buy a switch now

Attached: 1567014281267.gif (500x365, 1.3M)

Oh boy, can't wait for this scene in the remake.
youtu.be/wZ84UWORgG8

checkmate

nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u/

Do we really have to analyze this? It's called the "Definitive version" for a reason. It's meant to replace the original completely, thus giving it a proper connection to XC2 so Takahashi can do his Perfect Works.

How? He is fucking death!

after Xenoblade 1, why do you think nintendo keeps pushing that weird phrase of "Xenoblade 1 is destined to be reborn" like rebirth/reincarnation isn't even something that's relevant in XB1 why are they saying this

>Three sets of arts
>Four arts in a set, mapped to the face buttons
>Switch between sets with left and right arrows
>Talent art on the up arrow at all times
>Down arrow for the tension QTE or something
Twelve arts + extras, easy peasy

Xenoblade 1 and 2 occur simultaneously to the point that their respective climaxes occur so close Shulk's speech is heard by Rex

personally, I'm excited for the remake of this iconic scene
youtu.be/nhi_L9glo2c?t=44

>Rebith
Plot twist, every remake/port is a universe where Shulk fails to stop Zanza from nuking the planet

By Klaus, rex doesn't heard it.

The magic of the Arch Nopon is great and vast
At most, we might just get an extended phase of his boss fight

I still don't get when the hell I'm supposed to use purge

I wanted a DE of xbc2 with all the DLC plus extras but this is not bad. After all, the more relevant xbc1 becomes, the more xbc2 does too.

Attached: Banner-XenobladeChronicles2-Shulk-Handshake.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

It's not a remake.

You use it to remove enemy buffs.
You'll get your XB2 DE after XBX DE

can somebody post the old shulk and fiora next to the new versions? Just browsed the entire fucking catalogue and this entire thread and can’t find the image

So they're gonna make it even more obvious that Alvis is Ontos aren't they?

you're insane if you think we'll get storyline changes

it's just a fucking port with fresh graphics

This, it closer to what SotC is

I hope, is literally the only reason why i don't buy xbc2 now that i finally have a switch; i don't want to be fucked by a "Monster hunter ultimate" situation.

>chad vs virgin
Rex is a little fucking dweeb holy shit

>Telethia
>"They can read your mind."
>Realize that Telethia is a play on Telepathic

Attached: 1543350282857.jpg (281x349, 16K)

>XC2D
In a decade, user.

I’m happy about this because I didn’t get a chance to play it on either of the previous systems it was released on, but I have a switch.

the trailer literally showed an area that wasn't in the original game
they're going to have to make minor changes the story to include that, at the very least

I've always said that the original XC looks like a ps2 game but has god tier art direction. Some people can't just look past the the graphical fidelity.

I should know, I played the fucking 3ds version and could still appreciate how aesthetically pleasing everything was

What? Rex gets three girls and they don't have reasons to be enemies anyway.

Finally I can see this scene remaster

Attached: 1421298533528.jpg (1836x1032, 223K)

IT's really iffy.
At most, XB2 DE would include the DLC, maybe incorporate Torna where it was originally supposed to be and have some performance upgrades

It will be a postgame location with 0 story that's it

They literally say they're remaking the story in the Japanese website.
Plus there's tons of story in Xenoblade 1 that's been retconned or changed or fleshed out by Xenoblade 2, that if they didn't change aspects of the story in Xenoblade 1 there would be huge inconsistencies since Takahashi's trying to reboot his multiple-game story epic that he's failed at for the last two decades.

Attached: 18epxqxlez621.jpg (600x497, 74K)

>Going into Satorl Marsh in the afternoon
>"Well this area sure looks ugly. I guess they peaked with the Gaur Plaaa wait a minute"

New area also means that they will probably populate it with new hearts to hearts. It might be where the Melia stuff comes into play and Shulk properly rejects her so she can move on.

Yeah but that's what makes him fun
He's dumb and boyish but well meaning and empathetic with people.

The area isnt post game, its part of the main story since we know where it was supposed to be originally in the story

I don't know why people insist on saying it's not a remake, or however you want to define it. Not only is there a new region that directly intersects between the events of Makna Forest, and Eryth Sea, but it'll no doubt mean there's going to be some plot implementations to compensate this. They already said there was going to be new plot editions to begin with, and I doubt the gameplay is staying the same, so it's essentially a remake.

I really do wonder how Bionis Shoulder is going to be incorporated. The area looks like it's supposed to have a town, are they actually going to fully populate it with NPCs and quests and shit? Will there be new residents to add to Colony 6?

FUCK. THAT.

KEEP. YOUR. FUCKING. HANDS. OFF. MY. WHOLESOME. EWOKS. YOU. NIP. BASTARDS.

Attached: Oka.png (342x276, 237K)

I give you fleshed up but retconned? What was retconned?

>its part of the main story since we know where it was supposed to be originally in the story
RIP nopon magic water ball
2010 - 2020

youtube.com/watch?v=AE0hhzASHwY

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 134K)

actually that line that most (included myself) think implies that Zanza has been resetting the universe is a misinterpratation, I only realized this a month ago.

>The Telethia will exterminate all life on Bionis. I will then create a new world! just as I have done many times before!
He was talking about the telethia killing everything to then create life again, just how alvis said he wanted his world to be, he wasn't talking about rebooting the universe how he did it in the space station

Who else kept themselves from replaying XC all this time? I knew there was a reason for it.

>starts off as a complete brat.
How? Hes a genuinly nice hardworking kid.
Dude was not selfish at all.

Probably. I imagine they had a ton of drafts sitting around for characters, plot and quests for the area considering the area was pretty much fully completed, but just a empty shell.

I've never played Xenoblade 2, what is Alvis's relation to the purple villain and Pyra?

>That teleporter now leads to the Land of Challenge instead

I'm saying that he bantered and shit-talked and acted high of himself

>I've never played this game, please tell me massive spoilers

the nighttime is certainly beautiful, but daytime Satorl Marsh is comfy and underrated, fuck you
yeah, the 'cycle' Zanza talks about is him recreating life on the Bionis over and over, not the whole world
and Meyneth was apparently just cool with his constant mass-genocide for all that time. guess she didn't care as long as he wasn't messing with her people

Attached: 70011582_p8.jpg (1024x768, 524K)

I'm honestly glad. I could never bring myself to beat the original on the Wii, and the N3DS version was shit. I also never buy these "new" versions of consoles, screw that shit.

He is technically their older brother.

>Is it supposed to be a town
I feel like it was originally Colony 6. During the battle of Sword Valley, Dunban and Dickson say they'll have to retreat back to the colony, but there's no way they meant from there, all the way back to Colony 9. It'd make way more sense if they meant Colony 6 since it's right around the corner, so yeah. Not only that, but Egil and Arglas (the giant) are seen in a cut scene together there, so I assume we'll get more giant lore.

Attached: image.jpg (980x900, 190K)

In XB1, Klaus' experiment is suggested to literally just be that, an experiment that goes wrong (or right). His character is basically pure ego that he should and could be god
In XB2, he's made more sympathetic by framing his experiment as a last ditch desperation to try to change a world that has been consumed by war due to humanity's foolishness
There's still that egotism but now it's mixed with some general despair at the state of the world

Will changing armor still affect character appearance? I want my clownsuits in hd.

i stopped playing just as i got here.
was i even half way through?

What? That wasn't retconned, just extended.

You're a moron of you actually defend the 3ds version, it's not really a good option to enjoy the game at full potential, especially when compared to a Switch version

Alvis (Ontos), Malos (Logos) and Pyra (Pneuma) are essentially all siblings.
They're AI that were developed for the Trinity Processor (the name of the system at the end of Xenoblade 1 that created Xenoblade 1's world).

Alvis went rogue and fucked off to Xenoblade 1's dimension and kept god powers from the Trinity Processor. Pyra and Malos remained in the original universe (Earth) and were repurposed into glorified Jesuses and lost their God powers.

Also both Pyra and Malos have really fancy mecha.
I wonder if this Xenoblade remake will give Alvis his own fancy mech.

Attached: Alvis.jpg (700x1340, 108K)

>released on the Wii, a console I no longer own and back then only used to play kiddy shit like Mario Kart and Sonic spin-offs
>released on the Nu3DS, a console literally no one but Nintendo cum slurpers owned
>released on the Wii U, a console literally no one owned
>released on the Switch, one of their most successful home consoles cashing on the big success that was the sequel to this game

Seems reasonable.

Attached: 1563736879895.jpg (1200x675, 103K)

We don't know. I can't imagine them ditching the armor stuff and Shulk is wearing something that looks like a mix of his base outfit and something else during the final shot so they're probably going to overhaul the armors to fit more with the characters default looks.

>sony exclusively gets remakes/remasters/enhanced versions of Shadow of the Colossus, Catherine, Persona 5, Medievil, and FF7
ZOMG BAAAAAASED SNOY BASED MARK CERNY AND KAZ TRULY THESE MAN'S GENIUSES KNOW NO BOUNDS

No. Not even close. Also fuck you for quitting before the best area.

Attached: Makna_Forest_Location.jpg (640x351, 101K)

Rex is like half Shulk's age and still gets a legitimate harem ending of 3+however many rare blades you threw at him

You were obviously an infant when it came out.

They're definitely adding Challenge Land from the point of view of the XC crew.

Attached: XC2_Land_of_Challenge_2.jpg (750x422, 121K)

>No release date

Making me wait until 2021 to justify my purchase of a Switch... How cruel.

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1054, 255K)

I hope we get some older Xeno remakes/remasters mixed in with those.

It's a 2020 release

>Was I even half way through?
You were still at the very beginning.

>Actually own a copy of XC1 for the Wii
>Made it as far as Sword Valley before I just kept getting absolutely bodied by every single enemy
>Every time I tried to play it emulated, I always ended up losing my save file 30 hours in
I'm honestly glad in a sense that I waited, but I still ended up getting spoiled about a ton of shit.

That's the best part about XC. Every single area has really cool things just waiting to be found or explored. End up in this disgusting Marsh but wait now its night and one of the most beautiful areas in the game.

Except that is postgame from their POV and only Shulk and Fiora get involved.

>I wonder if this Xenoblade remake will give Alvis his own fancy mech.

>mfw Alvis's Siren is the new superboss, even stronger than Avalanche Abaasy, and requires the completion of all new story content before you can even encounter it

Attached: 1519535615952.png (335x442, 404K)

He got two, but he let his parents use them to help settle their divorce

>Alvis went rogue and fucked off to Xenoblade 1's dimension
The implication that he went rogue is really only in the translation, the original dialogue in Japanese just suggests he got caught up in the experiment and dragged into the new universe.

Did no one else notice that the trailer and shown gameplay footage was in 60fps? Considering how terrible XC2 sometimes ran, such a "high" framerate would be pretty impressive for a Switch game.

It seems like it was only left out of the original due to constraints of some kind, so they'll probably implement it exactly as originally intended.

>The yellow lights in Valak Mountain at night

Attached: d9qhgll-d10a1088-0afa-40db-ae57-b79c3e1d1305.jpg (1280x904, 507K)

I played the original on my Wii U 4 years after it came out, and as much as I loved the loved, it was visually rough, and what I saw of it on the 3DS, wasn't better.

It may not be 10 years old, but we are talking about a game from two Nintendo generations back.

How many PS3 games have been ported for PS4? I'm saying that as a knock, especially since I love how many have since my PS4 is my first Play Station, and I've been able to catch up because of many of those ports.

The original Xenoblade Chronicles didn't sell well because not many copies were made to begin with. I had to buy mine second hand off of eBay back when used copies went for more $100 a pop. It was only well into the era of the Wii U that GameStop magically found an inexplicable new stock of it to be sord at MSRP. All of this is to say, that if not many people played the original, or the 3DS copy, and Nintendo wants to provide access to a visually appealing version of the originator of X or 2, to those who have purchased and played them, a complete remaster isn't a bad idea. Hell, as someone who has been resistant to buy a Switch, this version appears to me to be fairly described as the definitive version, and as someone who holds the original among my All Time Top 5, depending on what deals Nintendo offers for the Switch this year, I might finally cave and buy one, not JUST for this, but it'll definitely be a compelling motivator.

Attached: 1448661729222T.png (628x920, 105K)

You used Sharla and Reyn, didn't you? Because you wanted a tank and a healer. That's not how XC works. Get Dunban to facetank shit like he's GAR, and in the 0.000001% chance that he takes damage have Shulk heal him. 3rd slot is for anyone.

I thought it was 30fps
I wonder if they're using the same engine and finally got it optimized or if it's a new engine just for the Switch?

that's literally a retcon you fool, and not only that, it was supposed to appear in XB1 all along until the nintendo supervisor told Takahashi that she didn't get the ending, so he removed it and then look what happened when she left? XB2 had the Zohar and the war again

They can always change it to better fit with XC.
Have Rex and Homura with Nia and Dromach be the only ones showing up from XC2 too.

3ds port is shit and content is confirmed added to the switch version.
So I am very okay with this even owning the original.

>Try to play XC2 three different times
>Can't even get past the 4th boss

Bringer of Chaos was such a fucking mistake, holy shit

That was a remake. If the models are replaced it's a remake. If it's just a resolution change its a port. If textures are improved it's a remaster.
This is new assets and new content. I can't see how it's not a remake.

So, will AI Shulk finally be able to use battle soul properly?

Attached: 1536623893362.jpg (1080x824, 51K)

BoC isn't meant for first playthroughs. If you want higher difficulty use custom.

Xenoblade Definitive will foreshadow that Alvis is the greater antagonist of the Xenoblade series.
He's the person who's gained the most from everything that's happened in 1 and 2.
Xenoblade is the story of a manmade AI created from the Zohar that gets a small taste of Godhood from Xenoblade 1's pocket dimension so he manipulates and orchestrates the events in Xenoblade 1 (he can see the future) so that Shulk kills Zanza and wishes for a world without Gods. Alvis grants Shulk's wish and disappears to somewhere else with his Zohar magic because he's technically a God. Alvis is trying to transcend from the God of one universe to the God of the Xenoblade's multiverses.

Screenshot this post.

Attached: Alvis_space.png (240x240, 76K)

Are you a masochist?
BoC is meant to be played in NG+ with the 2 Blades already available.

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri is what finally convinced me to get my ass outside and start taking walks, just to appreciate nature. I still do it.

Even after fighting Metal Face and managing to survive that, I still just didn't really understand how the combat worked, and I felt like I was really under-leveled and shit. I know I did use Sharla and had to play as her a couple time just to survive fights (Like that one fight with the assassin slut and the Telethia) but it wasn't until XC2 where the combat just "clicked" with me, I guess. But even then I think XC2 only clicked with me in like, Chapter 3? 4?

What's a good custom level for a very hard but not impossible playthrough? Those sliders make my head spin.

I was wrong. I never heard about this.

Not him, but you don't understand how much I despise my Wii U. The less I am forced to see/use my Wii U, the happier I am.

so are they going to keep the NPC in Colony 9 who casually spoils the Faced Mechon are homs captured by the Mechon twist if you talk to her?

No they can't, fiora is specifically postgame and talks about how "she has experience with a mechanical body". Also remember xenoblade 1 and 2 are happening AT THE SAME TIME.

Why not? It's like when Toriel started talking about Smash bros, ain't nobody gonna believe there's any connection until it's too late.

>Rex and Homura with Nia and Dromach

Attached: 1532667972869.jpg (382x544, 32K)

>Also remember xenoblade 1 and 2 are happening AT THE SAME TIME.

My fault for not beating XC2 before now. But still.

HE DIDN'T REALIZE SHIT. IT WAS ZANZA THAT WANTED TO GENOCIDE THE MECHON. Fucking retard, Shulk doesn't have any character arc because all his bad traits were Zanza influencing him

it's happening at the same time and yet postgame fiora can run around with you in gormott, clearly they don't care that much and can do whatever they want for bonus content

If it happens at the same time how come Shulk and Fiora are from XC post game when in XC2 it takes place before meeting Zeke and we all know how both have to end at around the same time?

Alvis didn't ask for what he became, he was transformed into a higher consciousness by the experiment and the world is an emanation of him, the only thing he does is manage the gods but he is pissed because the world the gods want is stagnant, he had been searching for someone to become a new god suitable god to create a world not bound by the passage of fate which is why he became interested in Shulk, it's in the Monado archives, he won't be an antagonist

Which as fine as long as you forget (as Shulk conveniently does) that he has killed hundreds, if not thousands of mechon without any remorse by this point, and the specific individual in question he is trying to spare is the person who raided your hometown and killed loads of people, who antagonizes you greatly and wants nothing more than to kill you.

Wait what? What does she say exactly?

What exactly did Takahashi mean by this.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x700, 1.68M)

They should change Zanza's design so he actually looks like half of him is missing.

Absolutely irrelevant character in the grand scheme of things alongside Tora.
A crime she never was forced to wear a dress too.

I did notice in the trailer that the High Entia city is on the shoulder now. I wonder if they're just moving it over there from the lake.

That was just the original game though. There was nothing updated about it. They took the original game, put it on a Wii U disc, and sold it in a Wii U game case. Look at those images and tell me differently.
PC porters had an HD mod they could put over the original 3 years before, and Nintendo wouldn't even do that for a console that would have been able to handle it.

Shulk absolutely wants it, Zanza's influence is just enhancing it and pushing him to overcome his rational side telling him "don't get yourself killed going off and trying to get revenge, Fiora wouldn't want that".
It's like Malos in XB2.
Isn't that just the chain attack symbol? It's all over XB1, not just on Alvis.

>Alvis literally takes the form of a Zohar at the end of XB1

Attached: 7066c4bed42f1b3c9abc8d213d35f2e39fbd88e3_hq.jpg (940x720, 48K)

This is not Torna, lmao. This is not a new game or a fuckin remake, it's a port stop setting yourself up for disappointment

I’m fine with this just because I never got to play it. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I’m really looking forward to playing this one. I just hope it’s as good as everyone says.

nothing really, patroka has that symbol in her shirt in the flashback and meyneth has it on her sword

Explain the Bionies' arm in the trailer, then.

You can see Alcamoth in its original place earlier in the trailer, though.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

>They took the original game, put it on a Wii U disc, and sold it in a Wii U game case.
That's even debateable. It was an eShop release.
youtu.be/jXpmE69dFgY

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Attached: new path.png (805x865, 1.49M)

Then I'm more intrigued. Is there a second/new city, or was it moved there? I guess it's way too early, but I'm curious.

New city, hell, there are new areas that wen unused in the original.

>Is there a second/new city, or was it moved there?
Moved there after Logos randomly respawned in Xenoblade Definitive's World and blew up Eryth Sea.

Instead of jumping from Makna Forest to Eryth Sea via a warp device, the natural progression of the Bionis is back. We'll be going from Makna Forest > Bionis Shoulder > Eryth Sea. It always bothered me that the progression felt disjointed like that.

What? Is not, is still in the same place, is just that you can see it from the shoulder.

>remake comes out
>everything plays the same, as intended
>kill klaus
>is that it?
>screen suddenly goes dark
>a huge explosion
>you can hear a loud "DONT GET COCKY YOU LITTLE SHIT"
>it begins

That doesn't make sense, though. Unless they edited the map, the head is supposed to be the left of the screen shot

I just noticed that that Monado is a completely new model. It doesn't look like the Monado 2 though. It looks drastically different.

Attached: 580faab4c576f[1].jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Why? It's super easy. Though I only used it like once at endgame, made my bunch of OP gems and never touched it again, but it was all in one go

Alvis being an antagonist wouldn't really make sense. I don't think he has any ill will, he's just a sentient AI in reality. I could honestly picture something like this, though.
>Ontos acts as the Wave Existence of Xenoblade
>Upon Shulk wishing for a world (not universe) without gods, Ontos is warped to another dimension
>At the end of XC2, the Conduit departs from Alrest, and warps to a new dimension
>They end up in the same dimension by chance, and Ontos is trapped within the confines of the Conduit
>The Conduit recreates Aion as a defense system that loses control, sort of like Deus from Gears, and it ends up going on a rampage
>Ontos just wants to be free so he can ascend to a higher plain of freedom again

Attached: Waves.jpg (2204x720, 228K)

It could be the replica

What's going to happen instead is

>Dickson shoots Shulk in Mechonis's head
>everybody's shocked
>Zanza rises out of Shulk/the Monado
>gives off evil monologue
>Zanza and Meyneth/Fiora duel like usual
>suddenly purple beams interrupt the two
>wait what
>black Siren in the distance

Attached: smug malos.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

Judging by Shulk's placement on the Bionis Shoulder, he shouldn't have the Monado 2, or a Replica Monado since that would take place after Prison Island, and the events of the Mechonis respectively. If anything, slotting Ether Gems into the Monado makes the Blade itself change shape. Sort of like how they functioned in XC2 when you slotted specific cores in them.

I want them to shoehorn him into the game somehow. This character is a meme gift that keeps on giving

Attached: 45543534_538497153286000_1869536557407005072_n.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Noticed that too. Not sure how I feel about it. New version looks like a toy for pre-Kindergarten kids. What have they done to my beautiful girl?

Hell with Melia there it has to be the second Mondado, right?

Attached: monado_by_takfloyd-d49zziq.png (1024x768, 391K)

Not only would it utterly shit on Malos well executed death scene, but it's incredibly unnecessary. The most we'll get is Alvis having a Siren laying around, but even then that'd be a bit much.

>Japs believe the feathers and Melia in the trailer mean she will get her own route/ending
I hope they don’t actually do this.

Oh fuck, you're absolutely right. I forgot how hideous those things were.

It can't be, bionis shoulder is way before that even before prison island, however it is after makna forest, my idea is that the game will have new gameplay to be more like XB2, the characters will get more weapons and that in makna, Alvis will teach Shulk that the monado can change forms because the sword bends to his will, maybe monado purge isn't the only thing he will teach him

Cuckoldry is a terrible thing user. We must set right that which once went wrong.

If they do this, they are going to open Nia's can of worms. People will scream for Nia's route in XC2.

They could have just gone back to a previous area to get footage to show off...

it'll be harem or nothing. Flora awakening to a birdpussy desire and being alright sharing Shulk's bed with her out of pity would be completely in line with how xc2 ended

The higher resolution and everything look amazing, but aren't the colours kind of muted?
I also hope they don't ruin this costume. The shading is eerily similar to straight up areola teasing and it's incredibly erotic.

Attached: 1467078764032.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

God Rex is such a terrible desgn

Oh user I think we're all aware it would ruin his character/death, but the idea itself is ridiculous. I'd honestly laugh if he appeared and started being smug

It's not the replica. It wouldn't make sense for the placement Shulk and Melia are at. That's way after the Mechonis plot happens.
They could make Tyrea becoming a Telethia a part of the main plot. Other than that, fuck no.

But Nia did win after all, she is in a foursome.

>imagine putting time and effort to make the world beautiful
>only for some incel to ruin it with his generic souless anime characters
Jesus

>bionis shoulder is way before that
Bionis shoulder isn't even in the original game, user.
Also IF the city we see there is Alcamoth, then that screenshot is after Prison Island sunk into the Bionis head.

Shulk does not love Melia so it makes no sense to do that. People need to stop self-inserting.

XC2 is already a harem end. Nia becomes Rex's blade during the course of the story, they're already together forever. The gory details of exactly nia turns the threesomes into foursomes isn't something nintendo would put into a game

Are you ready to meet me in XC1, anons? Please look forward to it

Attached: c13.gif (316x320, 3.95M)

>Are you looking forward to fanfiction?
Nope.

It's the extremely skin-tight suit underneath his diving equipment. It just makes him look like shota bait fanservice.
It's a good thing he gets a way cooler suit later.

Attached: d1huzv6dvyn11.jpg (2400x1920, 423K)

As much as I'd love Pyra in Smash, if they add this nigga to Smash it'll be hilarious. I want to style on people.

>Shulk, this here is the Conduit I showed you earlier, if you desire to meet with the other species in this vast new world you will need to use its power. Here, take this. When I brought the Conduit unto our world to aid in the recreation, I managed to bring back my brother, he is another part of the computer I was once part of, with the help of this core you will be able to use the powers of the Conduit, you can also take mine, I don't need it anymore. So long, I will go and explore the cosmos and the other cosmos
This will be a post-credits scene unlocked if the game detects a finished XB2 save file in your switch. Screencap this, Malos is coming back baby

That doesn't even make sense.

malos will crawl out of zanza's anus if he has to, he's in

>An anime that is told through a game

Attached: C1638174-D161-4A10-B961-46A2C6CB588C.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

The Bionis Shoulder clip might actually be from new post-story content or something. Would explain the weird relocation of Alcamoth and the different Monado.

Fiora is more attractive than the fapbait that is Pyra. I said it.

Attached: f25.jpg (680x777, 32K)

I wonder if those theories about Shulk's world at the ending of XC1 being the reformed Alrest will end up true.

Can't be, XC1 and XC2 happen at the same time

>I did notice in the trailer that the High Entia city is on the shoulder now. I wonder if they're just moving it over there from the lake.
I mean, naturally you'd be able to see someone's head from their shoulders. It's still Alcamoth.
Why would it be post game content when the Shoulder was originally between Makna Forest, and Eryth Sea to begin with?

No shit. Homura and Hikari are unironically worst parts of XC2.

Attached: 1514848619021.png (473x446, 120K)

Because they might not want to have to get all the voice actors to record new cutscenes, so instead of changing the story they just plop down the now finished beta area at the end with no new story.

I understand. But honestly user to me it just seems silly to single out rex as shulks design is painfully terrible too

Did you even play xbc2?

Not him, but I haven’t experienced much after N64 and PS2 when I basically stopped playing video games regularly due to puberty kicking in, then school and work. Though I stayed interested in games I just didn’t have the time or money. Now that I’m more established career wise, in a solid relationship and have the money I’d like to check out some of the things I missed out on.

I see what you mean, but it wouldn't make sense to restrict access between the locations, just because they didn't want to record lines. The website does say the game essentially has a new, retold story. I guess we'll see.

Levels would have to be adjusted for every enemy in every area from Eryth onwards.

I tried playing it the Wii version, but i hated using the Wiimote. I can now play it in HD with the Pro controller. Sign me the fuck up.

This remaster has probably been in the works for a good amount of time now. I doubt that's an issue.

God i fucking love the part from Gaur Plains up until the fight with Xord. Especially Xord, i dont know why i like hime especially because he is just a minor villain but he is such a jackass and the hidden backstory, it just all comes together.

ouw next courrse wiww be.....
YOU!!!! XDDD

You have autism which causes you to be unable to understand nuance, and assign very narrow meanings to words that have more complex definitions.

>imfuckingplying that Tora and Poppi won't show up too
It'll be the main goons though, I agree

I felt the same way. I beat Xenoblade 1 and NEVER felt like I was good at the combat or the systems. I had to cheese a lot of fights that I could have won otherwise, I always felt underpowered, and I never got a grasp on the gems or affinity or the skill tree sharing. Xenoblade 2 felt a lot more natural from the get go.

No. Xenoblade 2 literally takes place on Earth thousands of years after Klaus did his experiment.
Xenoblade 1 is a completely different dimension that emerged from that experiment.

>well designed character is more attractive than generic anime cutout with giant breasts
Shocker.

I mean, there was a point but you're right that it didn't actually factor into the events of the overarching plot
Still, I think it was helpful to have a character who gave the party an insight into the politics of the world

If you don't know any of the big twists the plot has a great way of subverting your expectations. The MC can see into the future, but his GF dies anyway. Him and his friend head out for revenge and almost get eaten by a pack of spiders right away. And while you're thinking "oh so I guess we'll be fighting dumb animals for a while to build up our power", FUCKING XORD appears.

I kinda wanna play the 3DS version but I only have an Original 3DS and my PC is a toaster. How bad is it compared to the Wii version?

It's the first instance of humanizing the Mechon.
>I THINK A FLY BIT ME
>YOU WANT IT YOU GOT IT
>I THINK A FLY BIT ME
>I THINK A FLY BIT ME
>I THINK A FLY BIT ME
>YOU WANT IT YOU GOT IT
>I THINK A FLY BIT ME

Childhood friends are always hot in fiction. Irl it doesn't end up that way

malos secret superboss fight would be some kino monado on monado action shit but it wouldnt make any sense

Attached: 1546326741853.png (779x766, 581K)

Exactly
We'll be able to actually CHOOSE Fiora over Melia, just so she knows we observed her affections and rejected them

Don't doubt the arch-nopon sage

Never played the Wii version, but I got it for 3DS, and it's just not the right format for me to play a huge game like that. Looking forward to playing it on the TV. Just one fag's opinion.

Redpill me on Malos, is he a good character or is he just another anime parody like the rest of Tales of Xenobladia

He's a parody and a good character

So should I play XB2 if they're gonna try to connect the 2 games?
I already know they're kinda related.

youtube.com/watch?v=dVvRCKpDABY

youtube.com/watch?v=yV5a81odL8E

Attached: 66801585_p0.jpg (2315x1631, 674K)

>redpill me on Malos
He's up there with Albedo for most entertaining Xeno villain

youtube.com/watch?v=U6KiY0AL010

Attached: Xenoblade 2 Malos mech.webm (747x420, 1.01M)

Will they change the combat?

He's both
>another anime parody like the rest of Tales of Xenobladia
Most of the cast of XB2 are pretty good, even Rex gets pretty good by the end

As someone who played XB2 but not XB1, please tell me Shulk and his cast are just as fun

he just wanted to spend some quality time with his good pal jin

Attached: 1561348737174.jpg (836x1000, 184K)

Think about it, why would they need to do that? why couldn't they just put the original monado there? why put melia specifically next to shulk and not reyn or anyone else? There has to be a meaning behind that and the monado can't just be a replica, that last moment in the trailer is showcasing something new, that new monado could be something new too

I really wanted pic related to happen

They're much more fun. They're undeniably shallower they're Xenoblade 2's character's but they're much more enjoyable too.

Attached: heropon riki.png (500x365, 323K)

Attached: 1514453055405.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

What the fuck? The Zohar is in this series? So does that mean it's connected to Saga or Gears?

Well you never know, this remake could add them some depth

>tfw haven't had a nintendo console since the wii
>all the good shit going to switch

be mad all you want this shit is like a vidya renaissance for me

Attached: 1562411950654.gif (480x480, 204K)

XB2 Fiora looks like Elly

So... are we going to start calling you know who 7 again to avolid spoiling the game to newfags?

no, takahashi is just reviving perfect works yet again, gears and saga are dead series

Her outfit loses more detail with every new design

The Zohar is in Xenoblade 2 under a different name, but it's still called Zohar in the game's files and it has a similar backstory, the Conduit/Zohar in Xenoblade was found in a lake in Africa, like how Xenosaga's was found in a lake in Kenya.
The mecha in Xenoblade 2 share a lot of parallels to the gears in Xenogears too.

Because the Conduit exists in Xenoblade 2, it technically exists in Xenoblade 1 now since they're canonically connected to eachother.

Attached: Conduit.PNG.png (626x561, 538K)

>3DS
>Bad

There's also lines from the KOS-MOS cameo and in XB2's artbook that suggest there might be some canon with KOS-MOS's appearance but it's still cameo-tier. I wouldn't put it past them though since Monolith still gets along really will with Bamco.

>malos' last words is literally him admitting he'd prefer to be rex's blade

make it happen monolith

I played it on 3DS but if I remember right it's only compatible with the New 3DS. Not 100% positive though.

That being said, the game looks like dogshit. It looks like an early ps2 game (if that sort of thing bothers you) the art direction and music are still on point though. The biggest bonus is of course the hand held. I'd only recommend playing it on 3ds if you either have no other option or don't have 50-80 hours to sit in front of a Wii/Wii u/emulator. You'll get the experience but it won't be quite as good and will probably leave you wishing you played it through some other medium

Yeah, they are.
They're more basic but because there's fewer of them, they get more H2Hs.
It follows the XBX format of every pairing getting 3 H2Hs with every other character, a little like FE support system but instead of earning them as two characters fight with each other, they're just out and about in the world like XB2

>Takahashi's trying to reboot his multiple-game story epic that he's failed at for the last two decades.
He needs to quit. Perfect Works will never happen. It's cursed. He starts off good, then shit happens that forces him to stop.
I'm not getting crushed again. He should give up too.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get myself a Switch. Games I'm interested in:
>BotW
Could emulate, specs allow it, just can't arsed.
>Astral Chain
>XC2
>Bayo2
Huh. Only 4 games that are out already... I thought I had more on my list.
Upcoming:
XC1 - I liked it on Dolphin, would get it too.
DemonXMaching looks interesting.
BotW2
And that's about it. Anyone else can recommend more games? Rules: switch exclusive, no meiroh.

Nintendo as a whole too, given they handed off Smash to them

>Steals the Titan core and dives off into the smoke before blasting away on his Titan
>Malos > Alvis >>>>> Mythra

Where does PXZ2 Fiora fit into this?

Attached: 1451434388955.png (979x939, 818K)

that was actually CHOCO's headcanon, nothing to do with monolith

I wouldn't mind an expanded narrative with Shulk actually noticing that Melia has feelings for him and actually responding to them instead of just remaining oblivious the whole way through.

I'm having a problem trying to remember Fiora's new face, I'm so used to her old face that my brain keeps "fixing" the error, I keep having to see the artwork and cutscene again

No, fuck that retarded shit.

I still really like XC2 Tanaka's Fiora

>Perfect Works will never happen. It's cursed.
>Monolith Soft has 4 major studios now
>Takahashi has the proper funding and Nintendo not only loves Xenoblade, but markets it properly
>It's literally the only IP they'll let him work on at the moment
There's no reason why it won't happen this time. Hell, it's likely the reason we're even getting this XC1 remake to begin with. To connect the titles in time for XC3. It's happening.

BOTW is solid on Switch, only a handful of areas really chug
But that and XB2 will each give you about 100 hours of playtime a piece.
Then AC is about 20-30 hours with Bayo 2 clocking in at about 10-15. SO you're doing well there
I'd recommend picking up Splatoon 2 and Octo Expansion, they're both really good and the online for Splatoon 2 is pretty lively still
What genres do you like generally? Seems like JRPGs and Action games

Its not like secret superbosses need to make sense

They could make him a non canon bonus boss. Like how Tri Ace handles it's bonus bosses

yeah but will they call the black face with it's real name this time?

I heard that it's hard to even keep up with battles on the 3DS, and the UI covers up most of the screen

How's the frame rate at least? Is it as bad as Hyrule Warriors was on the original 3DS?

It's been ten years for fuck's sake, that's almost like saying that Nagisa dies at the end of Clannad is a spoiler

Honestly...I dont remember really. I'm not particularly bothered by frame rate dips. But in my memory it was solid enough unless you got into some hectic shit in battle. Don't hold me to it though.

>still exposing them inner thighs

Attached: 1212727044892.png (640x480, 294K)

I know I was just curious because when I got the game on Wii U in 2015 people were still doing it

>The Zohar is in this series
As of Xenoblade 2, yeah

>So does that mean it's connected to Saga or Gears
>

Attached: takahashi.jpg (600x435, 60K)

cope

everyone says the 3ds version is fucking awful and should really only be played if you absolutely have no other option

They're going to add the sidestory from the Monado Archives artbook as a special sidequest.
If you do it, the ending is normal and Fiora regains her homs body. If you don't, you get the bad ending where Fiora dies and Shulk is with Melia in the epilogue.

Attached: D-OpfUXVUAAW_vS.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

>Redpill me on Malos, is he a good character
No.
He's a great character.

Attached: 1533765541296.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

that symbol is all over the xeno series. other than the two that already replied to you, off the top of my head, its all over every piece of tornan and tantal clothing

It was developed for the Wii so you need to add at least 5-6 years.

An actual good Xenoblade thread you can tell that one shitposter who replies to himself over and over isn't awake yet

Do you think we'll get another special edition, I like the big boxes I have for X and 2 but they get expensive, I missed out on the Gamestop exclusive edition of the original that had the pro controller + art book.

I hope we get a special edition.
I missed out on the original and X one, so it'd be nice to finally get one to put besides the XC2 special edition.

>What genres do you like generally? Seems like JRPGs and Action games
Yeah. JRPGs and action games.
As for Splat Tim Too, not very keen on comp. shooters. Used to love UT2004, but my reaction time got really bad past few years. Action games are much more forgiving in that regard since they mostly SP (which is why I'm still not done with DMCV, even on Devil Hunter). But maybe if I finally get the switch, I'll get Splatoon too, it's kiddies game on the console for children, right?
And speaking of JRPGs, fucking loved DQXI, still hope they will release new content on PC because I really don't want to buy the same came twice.

I’d be ok if t wasn’t full price, but yikes, another $60

If I remember the XCX big box is still relatively cheap at least when I last looked like a few months ago.

Bro... they are selling shitty gameboy ports for 60 shekels. What made you think that this would be cheaper?

>prya and mythra made that outfit.
They knew what they were doing.

A Xenogears remake + Xenosaga bundle on Switch would be kino.

I'll get whatever special edition that'll come out, I love Xenoblade way too much and 1 was sadly the only one I never bought

How the fuck do I justify myself for not owning a switch.

It's just so fucking good. We better have an emulator that's at least in playable condition or else

Attached: 1565543970691.png (810x964, 940K)

No. That would be the death of the Xeno series.
Opening the floodgates for the secondaries never was and never will be a good idea. See the Fire Emblem franchise for a good example of this.

>malos' last words is literally him admitting he'd prefer to be rex's blade
His last words are pretty much the opposite of that.
He initially entertains the thought of how meeting Rex earlier could've allowed him to change his view at a point where he wasn't literally dying, but he laughs off the idea of Rex actually being his Driver and comes to the conclusion that the life that he lived "wasn't too bad".

nah, let Takahashi finish Perfect Works within the frame of Xenoblade this time.

is it just me or is the idle animation Shulk's doing at the end of the trailer new?

>BAAAAW SECONDARIES, WAAAH
Who gives a shit? All this insecurity needs to stop. It's a video game series.
And that's clearly happening, but we need something more seinen. Xenoblade is the equivalent of a Saturday morning shonen.

Well it's a remake with new graphics, and models, so..

>And that's clearly happening, but we need something more seinen. Xenoblade is the equivalent of a Saturday morning shonen.
Takahashi's said that he worries he's losing his edge, and that he really wants to make a M-rated game, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next new Xenoblade is something along those lines.

>And that's clearly happening, but we need something more seinen. Xenoblade is the equivalent of a Saturday morning shonen.
Agreed. I was hoping Torna would be something a bit more serious and mature to scratch that itch, but for the most part its tone felt lighter than even XB1.

I finally caved in and played the Xenosaga Trilogy on my hacked PS2 last year, I don't think the supposed HD trilogy is ever going to happen, Harada said he would "find his own way" to make it happen after not gauging enough interest on twitter but that was years ago and I won't hold my breath, there's legitimately a bigger chance of Square doing low effort rerelease of Xenogears than there is Namco rereleasing the Xenosaga trilogy

strawpoll.me/18595344/r

lets see what you peple really like more

Attached: 1562993741795.gif (320x180, 643K)

NOOOOOOO DON'T RERELEASE THE BEST WII RPG ON THE SWITCH WITH BETTER VISUALS AND ADDITIONAL CONTENT HOW DARE YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What if they decide to spend some money and actually DO hire Melia's VA again to voice Zelda in BotW2?

I voted original just because the definitive edition's colors bother me too much.
I assume by '2' you mean Saito's style, and while I liked it in that game, it'd look terrible in 1.

welp time to accidentally kill fiora

Attached: 1558568307121.jpg (1000x820, 191K)

Why do nips like Akhos so much?
>What if they decide to spend some money and actually DO hire Melia's VA again to voice Zelda in BotW2?
That'd be fantastic.

Attached: 0.png (729x510, 467K)

The 3DS port was fucking garbage

will it remove the censorship though?

>Literal first thing Pneuma does with her reality-bending powers is make her boyfriend a matching outfit
What did she mean by this?

It's just a really convenient plot device. Infinite energy, bridge between dimensions, god, whatever. Shit can be whatever your scifi story needs.

She even comments on it in post battle dialogue. I don't remember it exactly but it's something like "look, we match". It's really cute.

The 3DS port was great for what it was - a visual downgrade for the sake of portability. But the Switch version renders it irrelevant.

Do we have any comparison shots of the environmental shots from the trailer yet? I'm especially interested in how close Bionis Shoulder is to the beta version in XB1.

>Overhauls the entire outfit save for the thigh window
You tell me

youtube.com/watch?v=XnLzNWGVLyA

I finally cracked the code for good voice acting, you just hire theater actors. Look at this game and dark souls.

Realistically speaking who smells better Shulk or Rex?

Or just have a GOOD FUCKING VOICE DIRECTOR, fuck, why does everyone forget about the fucking voice director, the only reason the voice actors got to be in the same room together and learn the context of their lines before recording them.

Attached: 1564313075622.jpg (327x657, 156K)

>>BoTWs English dub
>Damn, you’re right. They NEED to change Zeldas English voice for the sequel. I don’t think I can handle an entire game with THAT voice being front and center

What about that VA who voiced Zelda on that cutscene in Smash Ultimate?

Shulk. Rex probably smells like salvage.

This.

Attached: 1529433403827.jpg (742x1024, 83K)

>Switch may be gimmicky as hell, but at least its not uncomfortable to use and is at least as powerful as a PS3
Knowing the developer it's going to run and look like shit undocked. Hopefully the Nintendo wizards optimize their shit for them.

Ok let's see whats all the fuss about, the intro was pretty hype

Attached: SX4J01-1.jpg (1920x1048, 1.1M)

The character you posted couldn't be trusted not to kill herself with her talent art under AI control, you tell me.

That's why I posted her.

God are they gonna fix the armours?

what a retard

Shulk and Melia seem to be wearing new armor at the end of the trailer. At the very least we're probably getting new options.

>Remake fixes the one issue the game had, which was that the character models were butt ugly
>Also adds in the cut content that couldn't make it in the original game
I'm thinking based

is it weird that I prefer Shulk's expression in the bottom left over the bottom right?

Attached: EDqn5y9XsAAOJFJ.jpg (1536x869, 168K)

No.

His jap VA is great

>HD texture pack
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1563210030787.jpg (202x228, 7K)

no, bottom left is better, pained rather than just D:< angry

>The official Japanese announcement for Definitive Edition calls it "A remake of the story that started it all!"
Monopon called it a remaster. Don't you believe her/

Pretty much this. The 3DS version is entirely playable, and of course it suffers graphically a bit in places, but there's issues like the UI not being overhauled or taking advantage of the bottom screen.

UI elements as they existed on the Wii version are taken near-identically and poorly re-arranged for the 3DS.
All the action is on the top screen, and things like the mini-map and party info are moved to the bottom screen, without change.
Menus are haphazardly arranged and no assets are reproduced, so some icons look horribly low resolution and for some reason were displayed larger than on the original game.

Attached: xeno3ds.jpg (416x504, 61K)

All they need to do is add fashion gear slots like X.

Is the 'destined to be reborn' tagline they keep using a cheeky reference to Zanza, or something else?

>we would watch the scenes through in Japanese
And this is precisely why XB2 was terrible, Mark Healy where are you

You get the true ending

Attached: E6D3241B-F6B3-43AA-BA79-E50E7A3B622F.png (437x468, 816K)

Calling it. They add Challenge Battle Mode to XBC where you can team up with Rex and Pyra who use XBC's combat.

>cell shaded faces are more expressive he said

also the longer faces and smaller eyes with textures that create shadows on their faces vs mono color boring mc bland

Jesus Christ the PC bootleg version is puke inducing.

It's a Wii game, what the fuck do they expect? It's triumph of programing and art direction it looked like what it did where they pushed the system to its limits.

when all you watch is anime, you start losing sense of reality

I don't know where the 'XB1 faces aren't expressive' meme came from in the first place. In the text box cutscenes that didn't have facial animations, I guess.

Attached: 1539944657360.gif (350x293, 1.68M)

Looks good

Attached: SX4J01-77.jpg (1920x1048, 786K)

Pretty lame end to the direct for me, I haven't even finished the 3DS one yet and I don't want to restart or put money into another rerelease.
Rereleases/remasters are the antithesis of excitement for me.

Attached: smugcroc.jpg (542x916, 105K)

>those colors
>those awful, awful faces
The blurry ass Wii textures are legitimately leagues better than that.

rofl

Yeah too bad we're getting this instread of games that are much more deserving of a remaster (though I'm not complaining) a Xenogears and Xenosaga remaster are basically impossible today because they are likely under copyright hell

At least Namco and Nintendo/Monolith are still on speaking terms so Xenosaga remasters isn't ENTIRELY out of the question. Xenogears is dead though, unless Squeenix decides to do something with it without Takahashi, at which point, it'd be better off dead anyway.

>tfw a game running at 480p with supposedly shitty textures looks better than this
[email protected]

I read that Harada was considering doing a remaster but also said there's just not enough interest to justify it. Hopefully with the growth of the Blade franchise that might change but I wouldn't get my hopes up either.

The Xenoblade Chronicles remasterwill bring some extra "enhanced features." The publisher didn't make that kind of information public just to get you excited about a game you're not actually allowed to give it a try.

If you really want to spoil it for you, however, it's even bigger than that, as the game has been remade in an entirely new engine. The official website also claims a "new "art style" for the game, which means we'll have to get used to the "classic" style.

With no word on the price of the game, it looks like Nintendo is still trying to get the whole Xenoblade series into the modern era, while still offering a few features it once had that were not needed and aren't included in the remaster.

With a price tag ranging from $40-$60 USD, it'll be interesting to see if this is the right direction to take it.

>which means we'll have to get used to the "classic" style.
>still offering a few features it once had that were not needed and aren't included in the remaster.
Literally what the fuck did he mean by this?

He's the best boy.

Attached: Daak2QxUMAA8RT0.jpg (412x488, 46K)

Don't believe anything posted in Xenoblade threads without a source. For whatever reason whenever a new game/update/DLC is coming (and sometimes shortly after release, like when Torna came out and people believed a bunch of shit about supposed sidequests that don't actually exist) these threads get plagued with fake rumors, "translations" and leaks.

Say something nice about Melia's new pants.

Attached: EDtZNkRU4AASGXp.jpg (1000x1400, 241K)

I literally have no idea what he/the person that wrote this garbage is trying to say

>tfw have to wait a year for reyn time

Hawt

It's always Reyn time.

Attached: 1552343328567.png (500x462, 321K)

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't replace the english voice cast, because they actually made the game better than the JP version

All fuck ups, just like him.

How much do you wanna bet that they give a character a new battle line that's "DON'T FORGET ME" or "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME!?"

Shulk, Fiora and Riki's VAs were the same people in 2, and Xord's VA was in 2 as a different character, so I imagine they'll all definitely return. And Alvis's VA was the same in the trailer.
Melia is the only one I really worry about not returning.

>Alvis's VA was the same in the trailer
The line wasn't new, though. If you compare the scene to the original the line delivery is identical, the only difference is the echo effect in the trailer.

>reading comprehension

Yeah, but if they're reusing the line for the trailer I don't imagine they're planning on changing the VA even if they do plan on re-recording the dub (or adding new parts).

Seeing as they eventually edited those lines with a patch, probably zero