It's official. This is the most overrated game of all time

It's official. This is the most overrated game of all time.

Attached: sans undertale.png (572x414, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/features/bge20_vote
youtube.com/watch?v=41YOknSl0zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t see anyone saying it’s the greatest game of all time, so no.

It’s official. You’re seething.

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/features/bge20_vote

Hat Ken seething because his pick was completely overshadowed by a costume

Attached: 1567684503997.png (183x249, 93K)

NOOO STOP LIKING THIS GAME BE HYPED ABOUT GENERIC FIGHTER DUDE INSTEAD

tfw LISA will always be overshadowed by a much worse game.

Basically this.

Does Sans really have a skull megabuster? Never played Undertale.

Attached: 156481293941.png (458x333, 126K)

What, Smash? Yes.

feels bad man

Attached: josef machinarium 2.png (385x343, 260K)

he has few a skull options

>implying LISA is really any better

>I'm a seething faggot and I must be contrarian

>B-B--B-BUT DINO LESBIAN!

Awfully written character. The games themes are a mess. It only appeals to feels fags who have ruined indie gaming.

i dont care about him being in smash but undertale is a very unimpressive game overall

the story and characters are ok at best, the humor is obnoxiously unfunny and the gameplay ranges from boring/bad to "eh that was fine". music was pretty good though, liked a few tracks. i agree it's one of the most overrated games of all time, it's up there with TLOU.

Attached: 1566911311524.png (602x284, 255K)

>mad over 75 cents

bros sans undertale meets ness earthbound....
this is a moment to remember....

indie games in general will always be overshadowed by several-times-inferior garbage like Undertale and FNAF, because they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

t. hasn't played it

t. zoomer faggot who got introduced to gaming in ps3/360 era

kill yourself

>LOLE I LUV LE SARCASSTIC SKELETUN XD

Attached: 1566068514134.png (210x240, 7K)

For the 'men' who consider Undertale a great game. Please list 5 reasons why. In fairness I'll say 5 reasons I don't think it is.

1. Pacing is a mess, it constantly stops you to spew jokey writing because it knows mechanically it can't do anything interesting

2. The plot is full of holes and doesn't make much sense. It uses meta themes as a way to patch up holes that it cannot explain but with no justification.

3. Characters are entirely supported / condemned based on Toby's personal feelings rather than the logic of the situation. Alphys is romanticised while she was responsible for horrible atrocities while Asgore is condemned. There is no irony in this, Toby just had a waifu.

4. The games message wrings rather hollow. It has no more than a shallow exploration of the theme of 'love over hate' and how gameplay mechanics are explored.

5. A bit more of a petty complaint, the fanbase is just insufferable and routinely demonstrates a complete lack of self-awareness and critical thinking.

"overrated" AKA "popular thing that I don't like because I'm contrarian"

seethe, cope and dilate

>subjective opinion, subjective opinion, subjective opinion, subjective opinion, and subjective opinion
>"hurdur prove me wrong xd"

the absolute state

Hoes Mad x 24

>wrings
>thinks Alphys isn't supposed to be a piece of shit.
>thinks the game agrees with Toriel being a hypocrite just because her friends do.
I can't tell if this is sloppy or a shitpost.

hes not asking you wrong or for objective reasons you absolute retard

do undertale fans really get mad this easily

Attached: 1565445942252~2.jpg (1005x985, 130K)

lol okay phoneposter

Lisa doesn't need to be popular. The last thing i'd want is for lisa to become like undertale.

lmao mad

>popular thing bad!!! Look at me I'm so different to the norm!!!!

Hey my boy Terry is in and I'm glad your character is in also undertale anons,have fun once they drop

Well, Megalovania is in the game, so technically Homestuck is in a Smash Bros game. I can officially die happy.

not on a phone, u just mad

How in the fuck does it not?

Attached: hoes_mad.jpg (1024x576, 35K)

I can't tell if people are angry or just being ironically angry.

>popular thing good
>consume product

Attached: 1565992936990.png (1083x1128, 51K)

Because character feelings =/= what the narrative is saying. The fandom missed it, but the game is actually critical or Toriel at the end as a twist, revealing she's fairly flawed as well. It just doesn't rub your face in it, so the retards think it's endorsement.

Attached: 1561476319510.png (393x441, 12K)

If you find the jokes funny the game is extremely enjoyable, and to many people, it was. The game in general isn't meant to be taken too seriously, it was just a simple "what if rpg enemies had feelings too :'(" sort of thing and played off of that.

"contrarian" AKA "word I use for people who disagree with me because I get insecure when people don't like something I like"

Okay, I'll bite.

1. The game itself is very simplistic...however in its simplicity, you are able to do a lot with it. This makes mechanics easy to bend and break due to the situation. Things like having your heart change color, or moving the attack box around.

2. The music is astounding. You have a lot of people who try their hand at game design. But there aren't a lot of game designers who are also music composers, and Toby Fox composes his music well.

3. Good character writing. Your mileage may vary on how the characters are portrayed, but even minor ones have a tendency to stand out.

4. Loads and loads of dialogue and flavor text. Again this harkens back to the game being simplistic. But if you choose to play things differently every time, you are pretty much guaranteed to run into dialogue you've never heard before. And things change depending on which boss monsters you've killed...or how many regular monsters you've killed.

5. You get a feel for the lore and plot after awhile...but the atmosphere...it really does have the potential to be a good horror story. If you're going Pacifist, then this "horror story" is subverted. If you're doing Genocide however, it's played straight...with YOU as the monster.

6. There's a special save file which records your actions. So if you decide to reset the game, it knows things you've done. Here's a simple one. Try killing Toriel, then reset without saving. Then spare her on the next encounter. There are lots of changes depending on whether you're encountering things the first time or again and again.

Waiting until it gets to the point where it’s a purple background that just says “Don’t buy things”

Attached: file.png (393x379, 17K)

Boom shot that nigger down

Not even close

Attached: E7D0221F-4472-4ED8-B5EB-8A2CA1C7388F.png (1143x1554, 1.12M)

Lisa is shit

I agree, Smash is a terrible game that people pretend to like because of Roster faggotry

kek

>Metroid twice
Someone's butthurt.

So Cave Story too.

Both Lisa and Cave Story deserves better.

Now kiss, faggots.

1. i cant think of times when the games forces you to stop and read no-context jokes except when you're in the hotlands. i dont know how the second point relates to the first.

2. can you give one example on this, or preferably a little in-depth dissection on your view of the plot and its lackings? its strange to say something like this without discussing the plot at all otherwise.

3. video games, like movies, never ask you to think in a certain way. what you're doing is analyzing the characters too closely on what you perceive they SHOULD be, and their dialogue as well. if you go beyond what toby fox supposedly tells you to feel, toriel becomes a cowardly woman who is aware what asgore is doing, but distances the act from herself, allowing children through the gate anyway and then making asgore into a convenient scapegoat. she lives in seclusion and allows awful things to happen as long as she isnt involved.

4. can you go into detail why the explorations of its themes are shallow? saying "they just are" doesnt count.

5. irrelevant to the game. dismissed.

chrono trigger is the greatest rpg of all time

None of these are overrated. Only shitty thing about SOTN is it reuses a lot of content from older games. But 99% of people who played it never played the games it reused assets from.

the game isn't funny and the plot/characters are shallow so all that leaves is gameplay which is even more shallow

genuinely the only thing the game has going for it is music which is really good

No, that'd be Nier Automata or The Last of Us. Seriously both are flawed, 6/10 games that have somehow been memed to be the games of their respective generations, due to some nice presentation.

Atleast Undertale is pretty unique.

>the game isn't funny
humor is subjective dumbass.

Cope

Attached: sans.jpg (954x470, 83K)

can you go into a little more detail? saying its just bad or insulting me for not getting it so its not even worth it to explain doesnt count.

Saying "Spaghetti" isn't funny objectively.

it just has a loud vocal (and shitty) fanbase from tumblr.

the biggest retards are also the loudest.

>muh undertale soundtrack is great
>track in smash is a shameless ripoff of mega man

Attached: confusednegro.png (300x256, 103K)

Smash or Undertale?
Either way that's not BotW.

undertale doesnt use humor objectively, or in a vacuum without reference. it uses subjective humor.

The madmen actually included Sans in Smash? I'm out the loop.

mii gunner costume

He summons skull shaped bits that shoot laser like gundam

Attached: ShadowyDefiniteChital-size_restricted.gif (496x368, 755K)

>that image
>no half life 2, the actual most overrated game of all time

im just glad cave story hasn't been ruined by furries and degenerates.

Listen retard. I'm saying that his humour is often "lol random", for example there are actual jokes that are reliant on saying spaghetti and nothing else. Who finds that funny except for people with a lobotomy?

a singleplayer game can't be ruined by it's fanbase. it's reputation can be worsened but your opinion of the game shouldn't

cave story is about gameplay not some LGBBQ+ characters

can you give me an example of such a joke? im retarded you see and i need help.

huh? Megalovania sounds nothing like a Megaman song.

sorry you lost track of how opinions worked and somehow needed me to state that what was being said was very obviously subjective you absolute retard
with the humor there's nothing more to explain really, the game just isn't funny to me and after a while it gets obnoxious just how not funny it is. like it's the same kind of not-funny that modern cartoons are. anyway a lot of the characters just feel very one-note and archetypal in that they only serve one role. i guess you can say they excel at that at times but it doesn't make them any less uninteresting to me.

>Spaghetti
>lol random
Listen, user, I'm not saying it's the best joke of all time or anything, but it's a joke that's very well grounded in the fact that Papyrus is so immensely bad at cooking that he's able to fuck up cooking spaghetti, well known to be one of the EASIEST things to cook, just barely above instant noodles in complexity.

YA SEETHE, DWEEB?

Attached: Sans.png (1000x1000, 259K)

There's nothing quite as banal, stupid or utterly useless as replying to something with "it's subjective!" or "it's an opinion!" like not everyone is already aware.

Attached: 1564158997725.jpg (998x894, 53K)

Its fine, and you just hate it to be contrarian.

There is only one reason to hate undertale, and that is that every single character in it comes off as a fursona bio come to life and reads like furry erp.

The only way to say you hate it is to admit you spent too much time on an embarrassing part of the internet. Now go home young contrarian, you have to flip flop on whether cod is bad or not 4 times by tomorrow morning

this is the root of it. it's not interesting to YOU. it's the personal opinion of a ghost in the internet, with no intercontextuality or justification.

i kinda agree with the archetypal characters. im having a hard time thinking of characters even in literature that serve more than one purpose for the story though.

youtube.com/watch?v=41YOknSl0zw
I'm sad that the actual Mega Man ripoff track didn't become the meme song

lol okay? not really sure what you're trying to get at, i'm not stating anything other than what i think, not proclaiming objective truths.

also it's less about character purpose and more about personality, like in action movies where you have blank sheet characters that are just set to be one thing and only one thing

Attached: Sans from UNDERTALE.jpg (515x738, 49K)

what im getting at is that opinion posts are thoughtless white noise. you call me all sorts of names, but you just dismissed your own posts as the opinions of a number on a forum. what you say has no weight or anything to consider.

have you ever even thought about WHY you feel and think the way you do? how can you argue about feelings and instinct when you haven't thought once where your own voice comes from?

what the fuck are you trying to say?

this

Yep.

Attached: the real reason gamefags poll was rigged.png (1600x1799, 180K)

Sometimes I envy smashfags for I can't even remember the last time I've been so zealously engaged with something.

Confirmed. He's in

LISA is boring as fuck. All of that walking around extremely slowly doesn't need to be there.

im trying to get you to make interesting posts. its fine if you want to continue to have strong opinions, but it would be great to see people post with more thought in general. so much of v is just namecalling, ego boosting and dragging down.

>DLC mii fighter costume
>Being mad about this

Hah

didn't call you names but whatever lol

you're just mindlessly babbling at this point so this convo's done

Eugh.. this is really embarrassing. Your 13 year old fedora atheist tier musings aren't provoking, dude. Get a clue.

Attached: 1567592841430.png (634x672, 330K)

Probably a good thing.

>Get a clue.
How bout both of you retards shut the fuck up?

>you just dismissed your own posts as the opinions of a number on a forum. what you say has no weight or anything to consider.

Attached: 1561156932323.png (400x400, 68K)

I don't mind a mii costume (hell, I bought it for the music) but people acting like it's a much larger reveal than an actual playable character with decades of fighting game history boils my piss.

It's not even a "respect your elders" thing. I love Joker in smash too and his game came out even more recently. This dude is just a fucking meme and everyone is acting like a meme mii costume is the biggest reveal Nintendo's done all year.

Attached: 1552672478758.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

LISA is made by a literall SJW though

Attached: lisadev.png (1796x780, 465K)

1. Genuinely funny, well-written, and well-paced. I was smiling throughout and laughed aloud numerous times. Reminded me of older point n' clicks like Monkey Island.
2. Excellent presentation of virtue ethics and the nature of moral character being forged through repeated actions to the point that one's conscious will is overridden. As an Aristotelian I was happy to see this in vidya and rarely do. The Genocide/Neutral/Pacifist routes cleanly delineate between a person who is vicious/continent/virtuous.
3. Music was excellent and I still listen to parts of the OST. The use of the track "Undertale" on the walk to Asgore was particular genius.
4. Integrated gameplay and story very well. Lots of games keep the two separate instead of using the two to complement the other. Asgore destroying the mercy button being a good example.
5. Had a surprising amount of Easter Eggs, secrets, and hidden interactions for such a simplistic game.

Attached: school of athens.jpg (433x433, 83K)

I'm honestly really upset that Cave Story's reputation and history in the indie gaming scene is basically forgotten these days and that Pixel's more recent release (Kero Blaster) went completely under the radar for the majority of people.

Attached: 1556597743160.png (1268x1920, 1M)

And undertale wasn't?

gamemaker > rpgmaker
you literally cannot make a good game in rpgmaker

wow, what a fucking faggot.

I've googled Undertale since I had no idea what this game was. This game looks awful, why do zoomers like it so much?

it's better this way, a great game that is untarnished by tumblr nonsense.

Are you talking about Painful or Lisa the First? In Painful you get a bike that drastically speeds up Brad's movement.

no, see

Attached: skip.png (765x246, 30K)

it's called a Faster Blaster your fuckin inbred elfposter

it's a good game, but its baffling that its more popular than cave story, yume nikki, OFF, Oneshot and the mother series as a whole at least in the west

Because it "relates" to them so much.
According to the fans.

It relates to you too, but you're too prideful to admit it.
Better hang yourself asap!

LISA and Undertale are two completely different games besides the whole Earthbound connection. I have no idea why LISA fans always compare the two because of some weird inferiority complex.

I blame Nicalis for everything. They robbed Pixel and I'll never forgive them

They all have the exact same audience. Undertale just happened to reached out to more people outside of the Surrealist/Earthbound-like bubble for better or worse.

Retard

i like how the faster blaster in smash use sans's ghostly blue eyes

Attached: 1567648563129.jpg (960x540, 65K)

idiot

Dumbass

LISA is far too edgy to actually sell user.

I don't use tumblr.
Here's your (you).

That would be OoT
Followed by Skyrim
Followed by Super Mario 64

Attached: 1567083554458.png (533x358, 442K)

Both Lisa and Undertale are trash.
You zoomers ruined everything in this media.

Aren't those made by millennials?

>lesbian
You take that back right now faggot

Attached: 1567367134167.gif (99x99, 207K)

I think it's just the fact that a fucking meme made it into Smash and is playable right now (mii costume or not, it's still surprising). Compare that to Terry who was leaked last weekend and had literally 2 attacks shown off. Terry is a bigger deal to me too, but it's tough to really say anything from the 5 seconds of gameplay shown off

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 1.34.15 AM.png (1542x872, 946K)

>1. Pacing is a mess, it constantly stops you to spew jokey writing because it knows mechanically it can't do anything interesting
Agreed. Pacing is one of Undertale's biggest problems.
>2. The plot is full of holes and doesn't make much sense. It uses meta themes as a way to patch up holes that it cannot explain but with no justification.
Can you elaborate? Besides some weird time skips in the backstory where -absolutely nothing happened- the "present" plot is fine besides the True Final Boss outcome being spawned off of a Soul Ex Machina.
>3. Characters are entirely supported / condemned based on Toby's personal feelings rather than the logic of the situation. Alphys is romanticised while she was responsible for horrible atrocities while Asgore is condemned. There is no irony in this, Toby just had a waifu.
I kind of agree on Alphys, but Asgore is only condemned by 1 character, Toriel, who is established early on to be an overbearing dumbass and finally kills her credibility when you start Asgore on true pacifist, furthermore:
>supported / condemned based on Toby's personal feelings rather than the logic of the situation
Not even you support/condemn people/things based on logic; you -should-, but it's mostly an emotional thing. Don't get both confused and keep your emotions in check or you'll get in trouble. Though yes Toby should've taken the characters' feelings more seriously
>4. The games message wrings rather hollow. It has no more than a shallow exploration of the theme of 'love over hate' and how gameplay mechanics are explored.
Not sure what you mean, you'd need to provide an example of how a deep message usually goes.
>5. A bit more of a petty complaint, the fanbase is just insufferable and routinely demonstrates a complete lack of self-awareness and critical thinking.
If you see anyone sperging about Undertale in some place that isn't appropriate, then it's perfectly acceptable to tell them to shut up about it.

Attached: 1501463947722.jpg (869x943, 250K)