I'm just gonna say it. Pokemon sword and shield looks like a good game and people are trying very hard to not like it...

I'm just gonna say it. Pokemon sword and shield looks like a good game and people are trying very hard to not like it. Visual design outside of the wild (one small part of the game) looks good. The new Pokemon designs are fantastic. I love a lot of the new (female) characters. Pokemon in the wild was a great feature in Lets Go and they brought it back. There are new features in the game that may not be world changing but still look fun, like raid battles, crazy customization of your character and the camp system to hang out with your Pokemon team.

People just WANT to hate this game because it isn't pandering to the tiny competitive community and it isn't botw. It's the first legitimate step up We've seen since the DS games.

Attached: _107830468_ceea986d-b00c-4618-9417-6195b94a8463.jpg (912x513, 66K)

>outside of the wild (one small part of the game)
lol

Based.
Only people screeching about it are trannies who frequent reddit.

They still have a long way to go, but yeah, things are definitely looking more lively now.

Most of your time will be spent on the 8 gyms and in caves like in every Pokemon game and there aren't any gyms or caves in the wild. Honestly the wild feels more like a tech demo. They saw everyone screaming for open world so they tacked it on last minute so people wouldn't complain. That's why it looks like a ps2 game and so out of place with the rest of the game.

>Most of your time will be spent on the 8 gyms
No one thinks gyms are hard unless they're 5 years old, especially since they never have more than 3 Pokemon

I didn't say they were. What I'm saying is that in Pokemon games your time is mostly spent on story relevant areas. There is no reason to spend any time in the wild until you're completing your pokedex in the end game. It is so detached from the rest of the game it really didn't need to be there at all.

>What I'm saying is that in Pokemon games your time is mostly spent on story relevant areas.
t. zoomer

Fuck off, I've played every Pokemon game besides x and y. The only time you aren't heading to the next story objective is when you're grinding up a new Pokemon you caught or you're looking for a Pokemon with a specific ability.

I really wanted to get it
not having a full dex is inexcusable

I'm simple not getting it if I can't use the pokemon I want, idk wtf they were thinking....

I don't have to try hard at all. It's hard to be excited after the pile of shit that was the 3ds lineup. Every last one of those games were either mediocre or flat out bad, ORAS especially.

They had to stop somewhere. Every new game increases the number and you can't keep making new models and animations for a thousand Pokemon every 5-10 years. Most of the cuts will probably be ugly shitmons anyway.

It doesn't have Pokemon though.

I don´t like then taking out megaforms and z-moves and replacing then with "OH SHIT THE POKEMON IS GIANT NOW". It´s stupid and lazy. I don´t even like megaforms but it´s better than inflating the damn things. I´d rather just have an aura or something to indicate a buff. Also, not having all pokemon is also very lazy. That´s it. That´s what bothers me with this game. I´m sure it´s gonna be better than last gen but then again it´s not a hard to do so

>you can't keep making new models and animations for a thousand Pokemon every 5-10 years.

Why not?

Gigantamaxing is basically mega evolution anyway since it changes the Pokémon's design.

I agree with you the dynamaxing is the most boring new features and I wish they would stop adding these stupid things in but it helps get the sales to children with commercials.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Who the fuck actually thinks this shit looks passable, let alone good? There is not one redeemable aspect shown. Have you people played ANY other game in the passed 20 years?

I hated Sun and Moon, they were hot garbage except for this cool guy who evolves into hot garbage. I'm still gonna buy Sword and Shield since they don't look as story based or as boring as Sun and Moon was and I want a new Pokemon game to play with my friend.

The Pokemon do need more animation to them though, it's fucking stupid that they barely move.

Attached: 1200px-739Crabrawler.png (1200x1200, 653K)

You absolutely can, Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise?
they definitely can afford it,.

Pokémon games have always looked like a generation behind.

>Playing a game in the last 20 years.

Name a single game made in the last twenty years worth playing.

Yes you can. They´re not a small indie studio and if they´re going for this excuse the least they could do is have great animations to justify no having everyone in. As of right now, chinese mobile games have better animations than what we´re getting

The first two gens do not even have "story objectives" lol fucking zoomer

I don't think it's a money issue more like a time issue. These games have to come out when the new season of the anime is ready, whether or not they're actually done.

>you can't keep making new models and animations for a thousand Pokemon every 5-10 years.
Pokemon is the biggest media franchise on Earth, it makes more money than star wars. Yes they can do that

I am agreeing with you, friend.

They could spend the time on that or they could make a shitty diamond and pearl remake that will sell 12 million. I wonder which own the smarter decision.

I'm trying very hard to like it if anything
they can just hire more people

I really hope they don't do that or at least put some effort into the remake. I am still angry about ORAS.

oh my bad mate, meant to reply to the one you were replying to

Attached: 1483839447526.png (600x811, 475K)

Aside from "lul Gamefreak animations and tech" and "muh graphix" (which are both fair points but I digress) the only real problem I have with the game itself is not having all the Pokemon

It really should not be that hard to do with all the extra space yet they've somehow fucked it up, if they would add the Pokemon back in through updates or if they just had them all in on Day 1 nobody would be complaining and Pokefags would be eating it up just like everything else

Attached: 1550289107819.jpg (240x240, 48K)

When I think of the English countryside, monkeys and lizards do not come to mind. It's clear they just made these starters without knowing the region they'd be put in.

In the short term, sure. But if Star Wars is anything to go by, even a franchise with the greatest of goodwill in it can be tainted and destroyed if it's not treated with respect.

I don't give a shit about the comp community, I am mad about the missing pokemon.

The quintessential tranny post.
>They´re not a small indie studio and if they´re going for this excuse the least they could do is have great animations to justify no having everyone in.
The game does have great animations.
>As of right now, chinese mobile games have better animations than what we´re getting
No it doesn't. At all. I assume you're referring to that garbage game with the Ho-Oh flying in animation?
Yeah that 'game' gives each Pokemon 1 move.
In reality as apposed to your fantasy cock filled tranny land, Pokemon has each of its Pokemon have 50+ moves they can learn, meaning moves cannot be tailor made to work for each of those Pokemon in custom ways since there's tens of thousands of variables. Surf will have to look the same for each and every Pokemon. Razor Leaf will have to look the same for each and every Pokemon. Vine Whip will have to look the same.

Apply yourself and actually think about the dumb shit that runs through your single digit IQ brain before you post it, brainlet.

Attached: 1566715466438.jpg (919x919, 106K)

Galar is not England. Regions are based on places, they're not carbon copies.
Fucking hell this place is filled with retards.

>Galar is not England
>It's just based on England
>That's why it's not like England.

Well when you want your region to reflect a real world place, the wild life should also reflect that.

I just really think people are expecting too much out of these games. The 3d Mario team spends 3 years making 3d Mario games. The 3d Zelda team spent 5 years on BotW. Every 3 years the Pokemon team needs to make 2 games and 1 upgraded version of a game. You can argue they should stop doing that and maybe they should but they're not gonna as long as they keep selling.

>isn't pandering to tiny competitive community

THey put out a trailer specifically focusing on new VGC related material. Only Smogonlets are remotely upset about anything related to competitive.

The geography is close to the UKs. Its towns vaguely resemble the UKs. Some Pokemon resemble animals from the UK, there's a teacup Pokemon.
Being based on something doesn't mean it copies it 1 to 1 you stupid twat.
It's not supposed to reflect a real world place. Galar has nothing to do with the UK besides some vague references. It is its own fictional place with its own fictional animals.

They're going to sell incredibly well and they look more than good enough for games that have such short development cycles.

Attached: Sword and Shield Japan Best Sellers.jpg (901x1363, 273K)

Jesus.

I've never believed the game looked "bad" in the sense that it's extremely mediocre or unlikable. I'm just not buying it out of principle so keep your crummy game shill

Attached: 1556469209265.jpg (639x731, 138K)

Switch is by far the hottest new system on the market, every game for the Switch has been a massive success, most of which breaking sales records across the board.
Anybody who thought that a brand new Pokemon generation on the Switch of all things was gonna fail because of a few reddit trannies screeching that their bro simisear isn't in the game is nothing short of a moron.

>It's not England it's just a fictional re-imagining of England
Yeah no shit you mouth breather.

I know this is gonna blow your consumerist mind, but you don't HAVE to make a new game every few years. Some people make games good enough to hold up for many years.

Here's what I don't get about the national sex controversy. Obviously they're not gonna cut out popular Pokemon, because theyre marketable. They're gonna cut out some starters, legendaries and unpopular garbage. It's not like they're just rolling the dice and randomly cutting out 250 Pokemon, theyre looking at the most unpopular garbage possible and removing it. Is that really such a big deal?

Except it isn't. It's vaguely based on England. It doesn't have to follow or copy anything from England if they don't want it to. They make the ecosystem rules up, they decide what animals will inhabit galar, they decide if they want to add shit that doesn't appear in actual England because that has never mattered and nor should it.
Imagine actually being so retarded that you think they can only use shit that resides in England in their own fictional region lmao.

>Projecting an argument I didn't even make
Full blown schizo

Not for me it isn't. I'm an adult, I can live without one of my many 'bros' for a single generation. Only time I use my bros is during competitive anyway which doesn't make up the majority of my time in Pokemon. I always use new Pokemon in my journey through the region.

>Apparently joins into an argument and tries to defend something he's clearly wrong about
>Promptly gets blown the fuck out
>Tries to backpeddle and say he never argued against that
Full blown tranny.

>Here's what I don't get about the national sex controversy.
Sex is pretty controversial, especially in a game for kids.

Have you even seen the Pokemon that made it? Cherrim was just confirmed in the last trailer and most people don't even know what it really looks like.

>I'm an adult
>I still play a game targeted to children that has been rereleased as almost the exact same thing for over 20 years
Lmao @ everyone in this thread

It is a big deal, even the creators are aware. They just gave up because $$$.

Attached: 1566301022628.jpg (680x665, 71K)

Done arguing against that strawman yet?

>your favorite Pokemon from blue or red versions
Oh don't worry user all 150 of the first Pokemon will be in.

Yes I tend to play games that keep the core integral parts from the series that I enjoy intact rather than 'trying to innovate' and ruining the series forever like Resident Evil.
All Pokemon needs is a new region, new pokemon and new characters.

nah niggu
they already made HD models since the 3ds, because they didn't want to do new models every new game
surprise, they are still using those models but pretending they aren't

I already played this game back in the 90s. No need to buy it now so I can play it again. It looks like shit because it is functionally the same game it has always been.

I'm done embarrassing you for now but we can keep going if you want to take another shot

I was about to say, Masuda technically didn't lie here. They even released Let's Go right before Sword and Shield so you could catch all your favorites from Red and Blue again. :^)

>the game does have great animations
HAHAHA OH NO NO NO

Cringe.

i was 100% on the pokemon train before they drop the fucking bombshell that not everyone is in
that's reallllllly bad

>Le pokemon defense force that will accept anything with the pokemon name in it without questioning

Attached: 1544498286081.png (504x552, 386K)

>People just want to hate

I wish, I'm unironically uninterested as fuck. I admit I was originally excited, but it's been pretty darn downhill since then.

Customization? Fucking hell, great, I guess that's where all focus has went. Alcremie forms? That probably explains the lack of certain pokemon as well! Here, you can have Pelipper 2.0, even though WINGULL has already been sighted in these past trailers. You said you wanted more item pokemon? Here ya have it! Alolan forms? You got it!

Fuck me, I can only take so much of the same game, my focus are on other titles I haven't tried yet.

Dilate.

It looks like a good game. But it's not.

Considering even the trashiest pokemon out there has their fans no matter how pitiful, yes.

>I love a lot of the new (female) characters.
>jizzbrain thinks his opinions matter
LMAO this bait isn't even worth a (You)

Seethe, dilate, cope

Attached: Outrage tranny suicide sheet.jpg (5000x4989, 3.18M)

Holy BASED

Attached: 1560036155158.gif (500x281, 639K)

How is your pokemon fanfic coming up, user?

Attached: 1544498768359.jpg (325x279, 53K)

Imagine samefagging your shitty compilation

>Same fagging this hard

>2019
>Still supporting Game Freak
Why haven't you moved on, user? Game Freak clearly has absolutely zero intention of improving. The Pokemon games are going to continue to get worse and worse because of you if you support them.

Attached: 154173236646-3.png (440x716, 418K)

take your meds

Attached: What did he mean by this.jpg (805x257, 46K)

I’ve already accepted that there’s a strong possibility that I won’t be able to bring some of my bros over, and that sucks. But the only thing that will sell me on this game will be HGSS, Platinum and BW2 levels of postgame. I want new areas to explore with dungeons and strong Pokémon, strong trainer battles with rematches.

>it isn't pandering to the tiny competitive community
>he doesn't know about the features announced at Worlds (rankings, easier rental teams, friend competitions)
The single player in Pokémon has always been shit with predicable AI, why should this be an exception? You probably won't be able to skip cutscenes like you were able to in Let's Go and Hau (Hop) and Lillie (Marnie) 2.0 will begin to annoy you once you meet them.

Wow, incredible inspect element! Nice!

>almost 2020
>he doesn't even know how to detect samefag
tourists need to leave

only thing you're proving is how consuming the brand has become to the point where it literally cannot fail under even the harshest circumstances because of how much the brand has consumed the world

S E E T H I N G mad outrage trannies lmao

Attached: tranny.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>IM OLDFAG IM OLDFAG TOURISTS CURRENT YEAR
Number 1 way to detect a tranny newfag.

you literally don't even know how to definitively spot samefagging. you're a newfag. i bet you can't even triforce

They'll have all 150 genwun mons just to pander to the normalfags.

It's the same milquetoast Pokemon game we get every generation
Waifufaggery over less than one-dimensional characters that you'll have very few interactions with isn't a plus either

Attached: 1451527214187.gif (246x200, 495K)

Epic 4channel password!

The Pokemon games are going in the exact direction I want them to.
The type of shit you advocate for are garbage, they deviate from the standard Pokemon formula which has worked for years and still continues to work and I'm glad you're getting ignored by Gamefreak.
Nobody wants your tranny ideas to be implemented. They're beyond shit.
>DUDE JUST MAKE ANOTHER EMPTY OPEN WORLD GAME OMG I LOVE BOTW!
Breath of The Wild is, unironically, the worst Zelda game in the series.
I'd take another link to the past, oot or any other style of zelda over an empty, dungeonless zelda game.

jej

Attached: 1562249158195.png (1839x767, 479K)

>he doesn't even use Yea Forums gold
lol

>Nobody wants your tranny ideas to be implemented.
Curry?
Besides, Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game anyway

>heh, check it out, I posted a wojak edit, now you can't POSSIBLY argue against me

Wtf when did pokememers got this redpilled?

Every game has shitty little side activities.
The camping shit has a lot of people excited. I don't give a fuck about it personally, all I want from my Pokemon games is to find new Pokemon, beat new gyms then play competitive for months before waiting for the new gen.

You shouldn't be spending more than 20 minutes in a gym retard

This

alright so for someone that stopped playing after Y, can anyone explain why I should get these games?
i've never felt such a level of disinterest towards Pokemon of all things

Attached: ..jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Now this right here is based. Bravo

>The type of shit you advocate for are garbage

lmao at you even thinking I ever wanted open world all I wanted was a decent Pokemon game that doesn't shove unnecessary cutscenes and gimmicks on me

I've been playing the same game since 2013, no joke, we're not losing much either

pokemon fans are the biggest shit eating retards on the planet
no other series has fans this dumb, autistic, and just plain rabid

Attached: 1554581183356.jpg (700x500, 30K)

It isn't though. They actually did include some significant changes from the 3ds games here.
1.New Pokemon designs are way better. It's not even debatable. Sun and Moons only good designs were regional variants.
2.Vastly more character customization
3."The wild" open world area
4.Overworld Pokemon (were in LGPE but weren't in 3ds)
5.Camping with your and other trainers teams
6.Raid battles
7.Due to the switchs hardware much better graphics
It's not like they remade the formula entirely like botw but this gen actually did add a lot unlike sun/moon and x and y.

Enjoy your cooking mama mini game with only one dish, but too much effort for putting all fucking pokemon in.

>They actually did include some significant changes
You can say that about literally any mainline game

>Stopped playing after XY

you're not losing much, trust me

if you feel like objecting yourself to a pure original character that has mommy/daddy issues until the end of the game where you're left with nothing but online, that's all on you

You shouldn't, your kind has already been purged and we're still 16 million strong.
Literally nobody besides trannies wants Pokemon to change.
>all I wanted was a decent Pokemon game that doesn't shove unnecessary cutscenes and gimmicks on me
And yet I bet you're a gen 5 cuck.
The new game is everything Pokemon should be. Kick and screech about it all you want, the games are going to sell incredibly well which mean I'll keep getting more of what I want which is exactly what I'm getting with Sword and Shield.

>hate sun and moon
>love bottom of the barrel design
you're apart of the problem

>cooking mama

It's literally that one mini-game from Diamond and Pearl, how have you people not associated with it

the fans and ingredients are totally on part

>Literally nobody besides trannies wants Pokemon to change.
why is keeping content a bad thing

What did the 3ds games add of any value? Regional variants and Maybe MAYBE you could argue mega evolution was a positive but other than that? Across 2 games they only added 1 good feature and 1 debatable feature.

that bunny is so fucking cute

It really doesn't.
There's nothing meaningful over the previous iterations of the franchise AGAIN

Why do you think I give the slightest fuck about your irrelevant shitmon making it into the game? I don't want to see your eyesore 'bromons' ever again, but unfortunately next gen I probably will.
You and your dogshit taste literally couldn't be any more irrelevant to me lmao
Get better taste tbqhwy

Attached: vi.png (251x314, 206K)

All that tranny talk, yet you're the one advocating for cutting things off.

>That latter rant

Holy shit, talk about apologist for the convenience of getting spoiled with QoL bits.

Attached: Awkward sex talk.png (472x341, 149K)

XY added trainer customization and ORAS added soaring (which was then promptly removed, oops).

Dynamax and raid battles are a shitty attempt at forcing online content into the game. Once they talked about dynagiga being a 4player mode they revealed their hand.
I like the new pokemon designs. I always have, there hasn't been a single generation I didn't like at all.
Story looks like it's gonna be mediocre at best, but it always has been.
Honestly I was pretty hyped until they confirmed Dexit. That completely killed all the hype, now I doubt I'll even bother with these games. Might pirate them in 10 years.

Thing about pokemon is that it's always been the amount of pokemon at your disposal that makes it so fun. Is your favorite pokemon to use a random unpopular pokemon from generation 4? Good for you, you can use it and that can be how you play the game!
But now that we're no longer in charge of what pokemon we can use, there's WAY less to differentiate pokemon from every other monster collecting game, and pokemon will lose this battle EVERY time because people play pokemon for pokemon.

I want to like gen 8. After the disappointment that was gen 7 I was looking forward to a complete pokemon game on next gen hardware. Instead we get a game with traditional content cut for no reason.

Look even if you want to ignore all the more minor features overworld Pokemon were added in the switch gen and they're one of the best features ever added to the franchise, up there with things like the physical special split and online play. Running back and forth in the grass to find a Pokemon or constantly getting swarmed by unavoidable zubats was a horrible problem.

>Dynamax and raid battles are a shitty attempt at forcing online content into the game
This is the same franchise where specific Pokémon have been locked behind online or out-of-game downloads since day one. Remember stuff like the Dream World?

Here comes another region filled with the same non-character gym leaders that don't do anything that separates them from generic NPCs, collect 8 badges as the worthless friendly rival can't do anything to stop you and jobs to you every time, le evil mcbadguy wants to terrorize the world but gets foiled again and jobs to you, roflstomp the elite 4 and champion, lather, rinse, repeat
Solved game, solved franchise, you've played them once, you've played them all
At least the porn is still here

Attached: 1551624191374.png (1148x1470, 859K)

>you can use it and that can be how you play the game!
No you could not. National dex was a post game thing you could do after you finished the game. You couldn't play the game with the Pokemon outside of your regional dex.

>soaring
god DAMMit soaring would have been so cool for (U)SM
why did they not include it? It was perfect, we had the system in place for it, we had islands, everything was right, but then they didn't include it

Apparently the concept of trimming the shit off of otherwise good things is foreign to you. You don't eat an animals stomach and intestines which are filled to the brim with shit.
You eat the lean meat from it and the rest gets thrown the fuck out. Only shithole third world countries eat that garbage.

Attached: 1541687309980.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>best online features in the series
>trainer customization
>playing/interacting with Pokemon
>largest regional dex with XY
>mega evolution/z-moves
>added fairy type
>added OPTIONAL party-wide exp. share
>soaring
>dexnav

>postgame doesnt count
do you seriously just play the campaign and then never touch pokemon?
have you never started a new game with an exotic starter for fun?
you're seriously missing out, user

>The first two gens do not even have "story objectives" lol fucking zoomer

gyms and team rocket headquarters aren't story?

>z moves and party exp share are a positive
For 10 year olds yeah

>food analogy

Attached: 1546758375738.gif (300x334, 2.01M)

Not really a counter to your point, but Isn’t Pokemon development have literally nothing to do with Nintendo? They just have exclusivity on the games or something.

Hey, I fapped to this pic like 10 or more years ago.

All sounds good. I'm glad you tranny zoomer millenials are getting ass blasted by Gamefreak sticking to what makes Pokemon so good. You faggots have ruined too many series by asking for changes
>NOOOOO RESIDENT EVILS CAMERA IS BAD PLEASE CHANGE IT
>NOOOOO YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH BULLETS I WANT THIS TO BE AN ACTION GAME NOT A HORROR
>NOOOOOOO I DONT WANT ZOMBIES NOW I WANT TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH ''''''PARASITES'''''' IN THEM
You cringy faggots need to be lynched. You ruin otherwise solid series with your dogshit opinions.

Watching masuda blow you teary eyed faggots the fuck out couldn't possibly be any more satisfying.

Attached: 1545162196332.gif (480x270, 1000K)

Lol town got overshadowed by everything

kek

Attached: 1560471495924.png (991x751, 268K)

Based Masuda

Attached: chad masuda.png (1280x800, 206K)

The game deserves to fail. Gamefreak doesn't deserve the money they have. It won't, but it deserves to.

Aah, so that's why Maractus, Cherubi, Finneon and tonnes of other "shitmons" are included and Garchomp + nearly every legendary won't be. Your bait is pathetic, have a good night.

>zoomer millenials
the fuck?

Attached: 1551320004644.gif (500x500, 236K)

The best part is knowing that we've gone through eight generations and there probably still won't be any multiple save files, despite clearly being cut pokemon in the process and they having ridden of Z-Moves and other gimmicks for the sake of Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing, who, for some reason, battle while the trainers are right in the middle, getting with all the attacks because of improper scaling and distance measure.

Attached: Man tries to laugh along with the sky.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

>a fucking tea Pokémon

IT'S TEA TIME, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Attached: 5169701047_411ae0068b.jpg (375x225, 61K)

Imagine being this much of a Stamford wife? Jesus christ no wonder the game industry is in the state its in

Game Freak is retarded to release it so close to Pokémon.

>multiple save files
Didn't fucking LGPE of all things have multiple saves?

Attached: 1553269898024.jpg (400x400, 25K)

All legendaries should be cut.
If I had it my way all starters would be cut too, but I doubt they'd go that far.
Actually if I had it my way I'd remove 95% of gen 5s dogshit dex.
The Switch makes it so you can have multiple playthroughs. Period.

Attached: gen 5 dex.jpg (900x617, 108K)

I've never been the kind of person to rub something in people's faces but I am going to enjoy shitposting about this games sales here and on /vp/. The dexit people have to be some of the most obnoxious disingenuous people I've ever had the misfortune of talking with. These assholes are seriously trying to pretend they enjoyed the 3ds games now just so they can shit on the new game since the game for children doesn't pander to their autistic competitive child's game community.

If you don't like or want the game, that's completely fine. But don't start lying and bullshitting to justify why.

? Are you implying zoomers were the reason that made RE4 happen? When they were five? And RE4 is the 2nd best game in the series.

Where the fuck is this coming from

>The dexit people have to be some of the most obnoxious disingenuous people I've ever had the misfortune of talking with.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

>all of the quality animations were for side shit like the third iteration of amie and cooking rather than Overworld shit and battles
I'm not even mad, my sides hurt
Yeah, using multiple profiles allowed for you to have multiple saves

Attached: 76550396_p0.png (694x980, 570K)

Attached: aa6.jpg (600x807, 37K)

Resident Evil 4 is one of the worst games in the entire mainline series of RE, only less worse than the games that came after it.
Comparing Resident Evil 4 to the magnum opus that is Resident Evil REmake highlights just how dogshit the series became when they turned it into an action game instead of a survival horror.

Attached: 1252364586967976.png (1483x940, 2.24M)

>since the game for children doesn't pander to their autistic competitive child's game community.
I think casualfags are more upset about their possible favorites getting axed more than anything
Compfags are probably gonna have a field day since we know meta Pokemon like Tyranitar and Toxapex are sticking around

Attached: 1554070986492.jpg (897x891, 96K)

It's just so annoying. You know 100% they're just competitive players mad the game doesn't have the national dex to bring over their godly Pokemon teams they've built up but they'll never actually say that. Instead they start making up bullshit about how they loved all the great "features" the 3ds games added and how the graphics are bad or whatever when we all know they don't care about any of that.

Casual players never used the national dex because it's a post game feature and they stop playing after they finish the game. The national dex was always a feature made for the competitive community.

But hacking in a fresh competitive team is easy

>Casual players never used the national dex because it's a post game feature and they stop playing after they finish the game.

Attached: 1446246795811.png (277x271, 4K)

Even being obviously wrong (people LOVE that entry for a reason). What the fuck does that have to do with zoomers? Do you know what year it is?

Who the fuck has been defending anything from the 3ds? That is the root of these problems.

For someone that's uninterested you are sure up to date on the info

Ding-dong your opinion is wrong

>less worse than the games that came after it
So, like half the series?

So which fanbase is actually worse, Pokemon or Disney/Marvel?

Attached: 2d99a68141842d87de1f1315c11fb69c.png (500x400, 197K)

The competitive Pokemon community is a lot like the melee community. They found a way to somewhat vaguely make a game designed for casual fun work as a competittive game and continually rage every time a new game comes out and doesn't care about their interests at all, when at no point were the games ever made for that purpose.

It was a direct that had info on other Nintendo titles so it's pretty hard tome

Are you following this thread? Someone seriously replied to me saying z moves and party wide exp share were good features to justify why he thinks the 3ds games added a lot to the series.

>the great "features" the 3ds games added and how the graphics are bad or whatever when we all know they don't care about any of that.
More mad about features from DS/GBA gens being cut and this trend continuing every generation, including the few good ones that existed with the 3DS games, no matter how mediocre the games may be
In terms of what

>In terms of what
Eating what basically amounts to the same product over and over again

Disney/Marvel is worse due to peer size/impact. Maybe the Pokemon fans are defending a dumber product.

It looks like Pokémon. Pokémon just upscaled to 3D, and frankly given my experience with XY and SM, that doesn't really interest me right now.

Just stop you pathetic idiot.

And the regional varients aren't a bad thing.

But even from early on in the franchise Nintendo held official Pokemon tournaments

Attached: __axew_haxorus_hydreigon_and_iris_pokemon_bw_anime_and_etc_drawn_by_pokemoa__dabd5d59c38e17a8a19b184 (1050x850, 1.09M)

Isn't pokemon more supported in the competitive area compared to melee though? Official tournaments with doubles being the standard and the fact that balancing was one of the things to justify the dex changes.

Pokemon just upscaled to 3d with more online features, tons of character customization, overworld Pokemon, camping and an open world area for the first time in the franchise.

> significant changes
>W-wait not those ones

>People just WANT to hate this game because it isn't pandering to the tiny competitive community
I dont give a FUCK about competitive pokemon. I want to be able to continue my living dex. I want to, stay with me, CATCH EM ALL, as the fucking motto that began everything implies. I want to be a god damn pokemon master and complete the pokedex because thats the fucking first and last objective of each pokemon game, and you fucking faggots arent letting me. And the excuse? "oh we're trying to focus on the other pokemon to make them look better lmfao". This is already a shitty fucking decision in and of it self because MUH GRAPHIX FUCK GAMEPLAY, but what makes it fucking insulting is that all the models are the exact fucking same. There was no major upgrade in how pokemon moved in and out of battle. It is slightly more polished shit from X and Y. This is the highest grossing game in the world, it should be bursting with fucking soul and unique animations. I still would have let all this slide, but you took my fucking bros away from me.

So no OP, fuck you and fuck gamefreak. You never knew what pokemon was about. And you likely never will.

Eh I would say the melee community make up like 2-3% of the smash community while the competitive Pokemon community is more like .01% of the Pokemon community.

>Pokemon community is more like .01% of the Pokemon community.
Considering the probable size of the community,that 0.1 must still be large enough to support to some degree.
Not even talking about smogon shit.

>things the actively make the game worse are improvements
Fuck me you are so retarded. Party exp share totally breaks the game, it's easily the worst feature ever added. Lillies cut scenes are better.

>since they don't look as story based or as boring as Sun and Moon was
From the second trailer, the one just before E3, I saw this game heading in the same exact direction. I think you're going to be horribly disappointed.

After that, culling the dex was the final nail in the coffin for these games and very possibly the franchise for me. It's not about muh favorites either, but so many people before me have done this song and dance before.

I do not find one area that acts like RPGs have for twenty years to be particularly compelling, the customization has been there for six years, and raid battles don't really interest me. I want them to improve upon the main adventure and I remain unconvinced as to the actual importance of the wild area.

Also, I meant HD. That was dumb of me.

Well $$$ and the Publisher was pushing a Deadline that they couldn't remotely meet and keep in every pervious generations pokemon. Because they would have to rework the models to HD like Nintendo wanted because the 3ds models were not on the same resolution those are worthless to them. Honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen in Ruby and Saphire, or any generation where we left a region inspired by Japan. No reason why Pokemon France should have the same Pokemon as Pokemon New York, which shouldn't have the same Pokemon as Pokemon UK.

>game takes away core feature and looks like shit
>i-i-it m-must be the c-c-c-competitive scene!!!
Remember when the game was about exploring new areas and catching them all to be a pokemon master? Remember when it was about having a favorite pokemon, regardless of how good or bad it was?

This, but unironically. Fuck r*dditors

The great thing about this game is gonna be the despair from the hardcore autists when they see that the game sells record numbers despite their desperate attempts to shit on and boycott it. Then maybe these people can leave the Pokemon community all together and we can have discussions without them.

This argument has been refuted time and time again. They are reusing the models they made for XY with minor touchups. They are reusing animations they made for USM for walking, every pokemon had a walk and run animation.

Look at the pokemon in this game. They do not have better animations, better models, or anything that comes close to justifying not including probably half of all pokemon. They're doing this for the same reason they did it in gen 3, so they can sell you the other half of the pokemon in another low effort game next year. Resources were put into fucking Dynnamaxing which will be a stupid gimmick one-off thing that will disappear in the next game like megas and z moves. Gamefreak has no fucking idea how to manage resources.

If reddit liked it, would you hate it instead?

Attached: nintendo hire.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

And what fucking happens where they run out of games to remake and pokemon to shill in go, retard?

>Resources were put into fucking Dynnamaxing
No they weren't. Dynamaxing only increases the size of the model and adds some particles. The resources were put into making an HD world, which is a lot harder than you think it is.

Wingull isn't supposed to flap his wings. It's the defining trait of the Pokemon, it just glides.

>Pokemon sword and shield looks like a good game
for every good thing you can say about it, we have two bad things

>people are trying very hard to not like it
no, it's not hard at all.
Gamefreak has gotten away with EVERYTHING for too long, despite it being inexcusable for any other dev.
- has near monopoly on one of, if not the biggest franchise ever, squanders it's name on cashgrab games
- Is allowed to sell the same game with 2-5 different versions and nobody bats an eye because "LOL trading!"
- Is allowed to make a rehash of almost completely repetitive story and setting
- new low effort game rushed every two to three years
- Is allowed to reuse assets like animations, models and effects
- Was always allowed to have subpar graphics thanks to the weak tech used in handheld consoles, still thinks this is the case when given better hardware
- Is allowed to create literal remakes of pokemon now and people even praise it (variants, mega evolutions etc)
- Now, is allowed to CUT CONTENT drastically while having almost nothing to show for it

Give me one reason why the above mentioned things are okay

Attached: 1550846410032.gif (300x325, 2.45M)

Who needs those? Shut up and fap to the waifus stupid gaijin

Because the games are fun? People enjoy them so they keep buying them, it's not a hard concept. If people didn't enjoy them they would stop buying them and gamefreak would have to do something different.

>Is allowed to sell the same game with 2-5 different versions and nobody bats an eye because "LOL trading!"
So do you just one game with all of the pokemon?

It's also worth considering that they were given a hard deadline that they had to hit so the game could be in stores for Christmas 2019. The switch isn't doing as well as they hoped, which is the point of the Switch Lite. Getting rid of the features the Japanese aren't using to focus on the ones they do use. Nintendo Japan figures that if this pokemon game doesn't hit like a ton of bricks and generate interest in the system, they may become mobile games only.

Yes? 1 for each gen.

What I meant with that sentence is that they make one game and split it up to 3 times, and then make remakes a decade later like
>ruby, sapphire, emerald
same game but different version and slightly varied content
>omega ruby, alpha sapphire
literal remakes but now with new pokemons, extra content and slightly more appealing visuals.

It's incredibly cheap for them to make games to begin with, and then they are excused for selling those games on 3 versions and 2 remakes.
I doubt any other dev in the world would be allowed to do this without backlash

>If people didn't enjoy them they would stop buying them
The Sonic fanbase

well that's boring. Then there's no point in trading with others.

>they may become mobile games only.
honestly if this happened I could finally drop this franchise for good

Attached: 40c9da307ef1697e15bc438b7d136092.jpg (500x1000, 312K)

LOL baseded out trannies are the only one gobbling this shit up. Though, i'll say, that pokemon camp did look kawaii af and now i'm thinking about getting it

ITT: switchfags show once again that they are so desperate, they will buy and defend anything.

Attached: EBAC70D2-92F1-45F4-959A-5EE0E0CD8987.png (1230x1230, 631K)

Yes there is, it saves fucking time for people with internet while allowing poorfags the opprotunity to complete the dex though patience and hard work. Have you literally never played like an MMO or some shit? You can get everything in the game in theory but trading still occurs because if I'm a warrior that got some ultra rare paladin drop, I can fucking trade it to a paladin for something that a warrior can use. Same god damn concept, just make certain pokemon very rare.

>on cashgrab games
Like Go? I'm pretty sure they just get a licensing fee for that. Niantic gets the real money from that.
>- Is allowed to sell the same game with 2-5 different versions and nobody bats an eye because "LOL trading!"
Yokai watch, and Fire Emblem do the same thing and no one bats an eye.
>- Is allowed to make a rehash of almost completely repetitive story and setting
[Fill in the Blank]Warriors
>- new low effort game rushed every two to three years
Big Daddy Nintendo kinda makes them do this. Pokemon is a flagship for them, they want to work on other projects but Big Daddy Nintendo forces them to churn out Pokemon.
>- Is allowed to reuse assets like animations, models and effects
RPG's were doing this forever. See Dragonwarrior games up till they went to a new console generation. Or Final Fantasy, or any RPG. They only made new sprites for NPC's or repeated elements when they had to because that took dev time away from other areas.
>- Was always allowed to have subpar graphics thanks to the weak tech used in handheld consoles, still thinks this is the case when given better hardware
They are working on upping the game to the Switch's level. That takes time, resources, and development cycles. It's almost like you have never done Videogame development before.
>- Is allowed to create literal remakes of pokemon now and people even praise it (variants, mega evolutions etc)
Well apparently people like that. Felt it added a new game play dynamic and felt fresh.
>- Now, is allowed to CUT CONTENT drastically while having almost nothing to show for it
Except a lot of HD environment and models for the new Pokemon to the region. Get over yourself. Game development is costly, and time consuming and Nintendo told them to cut pokemon if that helped them make the deadline. Nintendo wasn't going to let them delay the game to keep all the 'mon in. Something needed to go and that was the expendable stuff.

>and Fire Emblem do the same thing and no one bats an eye.
Fire emblem did the "split versions" thing exactly one time and got a ton of shit for it, dont fucking talk about series you dont play you fucking faggot

Oh so this new generation of Fire Emblem that does the exact same thing doesn't exist?

It literally only happened with Fates? The fuck are you on about?

Yes, Fates was the only fire emblem game that split the game.

Ah I hadn't looked into 3 houses since it's announcement I had been lead to believe that was going to be 3 different games. My mistake.

Still is that my only point you can take issue with?

like i said before, i'm going to buy it. i don't mind that they aren't doing the national dex for this game. despite what they say, it could still come in back in some fashion, like maybe the inevitable second version. but i'm not getting my hopes up for anything. i want to see all the new pokemon and use them. i love most if not all pokemon, but the national dex is bit bloaty now. completing the dex is meaningless, and only felt meaningul in Pokemon Emerald. 365, still have that number in my head and it is the best number. the number is meaningless now. i'm happy if they get rid of shit like volbeat and illumise. if you're a fan of all pokemon then this game would be good for you because you wouldn't be missing any, you still got 500 good ones.

Or DLC

I guess 3 houses could be mistaken for a 3 game if you didnt know about it.

Yes because I'm not the guy you are arguing with, I was just lurking and saw a comparison to Fire Emblem and made the correction. Carry on

Kill yourself Masuda.

Attached: 1567455421643.jpg (581x723, 336K)

Pokemon isn't an MMO you fuckwit. Everybody can use the fucking pokemon. It better off what said

>I'm still gonna buy Sword and Shield
You people are such a fucking plague on this fucking industry.

>The game does have great animations.

Attached: lord frieza.gif (268x283, 1.05M)

>Ah I'm retarded and have no idea what I'm talking but I'm going to challenge you anyway because I'm a drone
FTFY

>Still gonna buy it anyways
Nah. Pokemon would have given me an excuse to get a Switch in the first place. Now I'm just hoping emulation kicks off quicker than ever.

nah, i don't buy it. pokemon has been shit for years and this seems like more of the same
-too easy (remains to be seen but there's nothing to suggest otherwise)
-too linear (the wild area looks pathetic, frankly)
-too much focus on crap non-battle features like camping, cooking, etc (previously pokemon amie etc)
-removal of features in last game for a new, shallow feature (mega-evos, totem pokemon, now giga-maxing or whatever it is)

i just want them to take the core game, make it bigger, better and harder, and remove all the extraneous fluff. this obviously isn't how gamefreak sees things, so i'll probably never enjoy a pokemon game again

>I love a lot of the new (female) characters.
Opinion disregarded.

Also, considering how they're cancelling the anime and GF says they want to focus more on other games, this'll probably be the last main game.

Attached: cover14.jpg (1275x717, 280K)

>being this retarded
Its an example of trades still being relevant despite the fact that you can theoretically get everything in the game you fucking moron. If there were a pokemon game in which I could theoretically get every pokemon, there would still be incentive to fucking trade of certain pokemon were extremely fucking rare in order to fucking hasten the process of collecting them.

Example: I have most of the pokemon but I'm missing Cocksock, Shitdick, and Larry. I could get these pokemon on my own with zero trading, but their spawn rates are very very low. I now have the option of just finding/catching them anyway due to autism/ because my internet isnt the best OR I can jump only and see if anyone wants to trade one of those 3 pokes for my Penisflytrap and Skeletor, whom also have really low spawn rate but who I was lucky enough to find and catch. And because of the breeding mechanic, there wouldnt be incentive to hoard because I can make multiple copies of those rare pokes once I have them.

Boom, there I just gave you extra fucking options with the same functionality and you didnt have to spend money on 1-2 separate fucking versions. This isnt a hard concept, now is it new. Its been implemented before on multiple games. There is no excuse for multiple versions, they just want to milk more money out of people because those with shit internet will be forced to buy multiple versions if they want to complete the fucking games very first given objective, which is "fill the pokedex". Stop making excuses and open your eyes to the fact that they are fucking you and that you are letting them because "muh nostalgia"

Larry is the best pokemon

it certainly looks better after the last trailer but its still getting the nintendo bonus because that shit is not up to modern standards whatsoever. i might get a switch for it though.

this unironically

>flapped wings in gen 3 games
>flapped wings in anime
shill harder fag

Attached: 1551292870644.gif (500x624, 83K)

By the time the next gen is out, they probably will have the majority of pokemon with an updated model for switch stuff, why couldn't they just do a little more work and get them all at least programmed in the game?

Minecraft

>considering how they're cancelling the anime
Source?

So why not stop making new Pokemon instead of having to cull the old ones? We're getting another imp-like creature when we already have both Sableye and Sneasel.
We're getting Skarmory 2.0 and Mareep 2.0. Another generic ghost possessing inanimate object. Legendaries are just fancy Lycanroc Midday forms.

We barely get anything too diverse in species representation (still no actual bottlenose dolphin, no hummingbird, no cheetah, no kangaroo, etc.), just more repeats, such as now another sea bird.

They've been alternating remakes and new games, meaning they will always have an old game to remake. Also, they even can remake the same game multiple times, as seen by Let's Go

Very good looking game. quality graphics

Attached: pokemonswitch.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

>this'll probably be the last main game
imagine actually believing this
the next games will just be mobile trash and gacha games marketed at chinese drones

Imagine playing pokemon past gen v lmao

The game looks great, doesn't it?

Attached: 1556126926879.jpg (2208x1124, 654K)

the ps1 graphics are really complimented by the ugly gen 5 machmap clone that everyone hates

beautiful

>literal piles of shit
what the actual fuck

And not a single one of those comparisons of yours comes close to the amount of money revolving around the pokemon franchise.

It's just wasted potential when they make billions of cash, yet their success doesn't reflect on the quality of their product.
But it doesn't matter what I think, fanboys will remain as shit eaters until the end of time,
I'll just emulate them in a couple of years, if I give a fuck anymore.

I unironically had more fun playing a minecraft pokemon mod+map, than what I had playing the official black&white version.
The experience was fresh, unlike all the mainline pokemon titles

Attached: 1397323082257.jpg (316x341, 39K)

Actually most people like Gurdurr and by extension Conkeldurr because it does better than Machamp.

>playing pokemon past gen 2
oops, looks like a zoomer scrub was spotted

Nobody likes that trash. People only used it because it was overpowered in gen 5 and 6.

Except that the constant pace is giving diminishing returns and they arent putting effort in the new games enough to sustain it. They are already running out in fact. After Gen 4 remake, the only thing theyd have left would be Gen 5. Gen 6 is still way too fucking new to warrant a remake.
>Also, they even can remake the same game multiple times, as seen by Let's Go
Ok, and what would be the next on that list? Oh. Gold and Silver. The game that every one knows as the best fucking remake they ever did and was pretty much perfection for its time. Surely doing a cheap shit remake of that wont upset anyone! Oh but then after that we have uhhhhh Ruby and Sapphire. The thing they just remade. No options there either.

At the pace they are currently pumping shit out, they will overtake themselves relatively soon.

Pokemon is that big because the games aren't too expensive or time-consuming to produce. You know that, right?

He's retarded, they literally just announced the new pokemon anime last week

The only reason to remake the older gens was to bring them up to speed with the special/physical split. Now that they've finally done Kanto with LGPE, there's no reason to do Sinnoh or beyond for gameplay mechanic reasons.
The only reason for remakes now would be because Bank is eventually going to die, and those old DS games are not going to be able to transfer past Gen 5. Unless they make a new bypass from Gen 5 to Home, just like they currently have in bank.

Fat Head alert. Wingull specifically keeps its wings like that to catch updrafts and glide across the sky.

What I like the most about Pokemon is all the useless minigames. Screw collecting monsters, battling and exploring the region.
Dressing up your character, watching pokemon walk around a campsite and stirring fucking curry is where the real fun's at.

Attached: curry.png (1051x679, 1.22M)

Which is particularly dubious because they are already pulling the whole "oh you cant bring all the pokemon to the newest gen" shit, so why would they care about making a bypass or whatever?

>catching updrafts half a meter from the ground.
weird justification

Attached: ezgif-1-9d377371daef.gif (320x180, 2.3M)

Its literally in the pokedex you retard, why do you think every mainline game had it with its wings spread out? Its not meant to flap its arms like pidgey

By your logic every pokemon should be properly/accurately animated then. Including battle animations.

I just realized the game,comes out in less than 2 months and we still don't know the eveolutions of the starters and are still missing a ton of the new Pokemon.

NOOOOO BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE STANTLER!!! SHIT GAAAAME!!!

Then why did it flap its fucking wings in the game it fucking premiered in, RETARD? Put hey lets go further since we are using the pokedex to justify shit gameplay, why is it that Tyranitar isnt to scale in the trailer? Or hey, why doesnt Hypno kidnap people via hypnosis? Wtf its in the pokedex????

I'm ok with a lot of things in this game so far, I'm just not enjoying some of the character design and the art style changing all that much and if there's going to be as many annoying tutorials and cutscenes and similar problems with the frame rate as in SM I'm not going to bother with it. Otherwise I'll probably play it and enjoy it.

woops, what is this?

Attached: 1562502811354.webm (1056x638, 2.65M)

SHILL
B T F O
B
T
F
O

You werent supposed to post this

*shills abandon thread en masse and thread dies*

Three Houses is one game with slightly different routes. Fates got some backlash from the fact that it was released in two versions and then had a DLC only route that was presented as the "real, canon" route. And even then the two original versions Conquest and Birthright were very different with different maps, different objectives for the few similar maps, different stories, different musics, different playable characters, weapons and classes, etc., unlike Pokemon games that are split in two versions with minimal changes.