Ever 17

How did Yea Forums feel about Ever 17?

Is it as good as Virtue's Last Reward?

Attached: Ever17 .Out.of.Infinity.600.677945.jpg (415x600, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VdrvI91fupw
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ibjdx-Vdsg
youtube.com/watch?v=t6CjxgAzCnk
exhentai.org/g/1187161/df1840fb2d/
twitter.com/yuut
youtu.be/44mwGBDV9jY
youtube.com/watch?v=siOCjEydLUU
youtube.com/watch?v=I4jzrOQEZCo
youtube.com/watch?v=8biltdXfwvo
youtube.com/watch?v=hMiO3ZbyxQY
youtube.com/watch?v=n51MgREfiMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FztXdRjQPu8
youtube.com/watch?v=h7p40hKjbGY
youtube.com/watch?v=jnNyRWdBNS0
youtube.com/watch?v=FexSHfetNUA
youtube.com/watch?v=QSW5LwJKCwg
youtube.com/watch?v=l9bs-PcNXBw
youtu.be/Ip3_Lt4eax8
youtube.com/watch?v=gRRum5aPqAw
youtube.com/watch?v=1acfflsNuIM
youtube.com/watch?v=D5HM4_T3hEE
youtube.com/watch?v=ANS4RWhxBbA
youtube.com/watch?v=uzT7F95XlC0
youtube.com/watch?v=r8mW5_wiNGo
youtube.com/watch?v=_acs89xRG7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

remember11 is more kino even though it's unfinished

Attached: 1527053258362.png (644x800, 15K)

>Influenced by the internet to stop after 999
>That and felt the story was complete enough to quit
>Just found out the sequel is as loved as 999
I feel conflicted.

give it a chance

>ever listenin to Yea Forums when they say to skip games in a series
The retard here is you.
I got bored in the middle of it but by the end of the game it was worth it.

i just started with never 7, but the writing takes some getting used to

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190903004639.png (800x600, 562K)

Attached: EV_SA02A_2.jpg (1024x768, 411K)

I liked the plot more than the story.

I dropped it in about 17 minutes

I'm still conflicted on if having to read sandwich bullshit 4 times over was worth Coco's route.

That's what autoskip is for, dummy.

I was talking about the routes in general.
I don't remember what happens in them because they were so forgettable beyond all the talk about sandwiches.

youtube.com/watch?v=VdrvI91fupw

Attached: EV_TU02B_1.jpg (800x600, 293K)

Read it for about 10 hours then dropped out of sheer boredom.

*crushes Chami in her bare hands*
Heh, nothing personnel you dumb rat.

The entire OST was very pleasant and nice.

I need you, Takeshi.....

Attached: ever17_sly_Tsugumi.png (622x520, 528K)

Never7 is better. Haruka best girl.

Attached: 22F62F4E-7C65-4903-8061-89AACF697425.png (800x600, 427K)

I only beat one single route from Never7 and didn't bother with the rest. I should go back and play.

t. brainlet

No, but it's pretty close. VLR just can't be topped.

999>Never7>VLR>Rem11>Ever17>ZTD

These

Are you looking forward to Uchikoshi's new game?

What was his problem?

Attached: kid.jpg (800x600, 452K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t6CjxgAzCnk

You'll probably get more responses if you post this in /vn/

Fuck off you worthless idiot.

exhentai.org/g/1187161/df1840fb2d/
OH NONONO TSUGUMI BROS
SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PURE

Attached: NOOOO.png (808x805, 480K)

A friend of mine I've known for years raves it as the best VN of all time. I got into it after F/SN, about ten years ago, and couldn't stomach the much, much lower production values and worse voice acting.

Tsugumi is still my waifu after 11 years

Attached: Tsugumi.jpg (850x637, 91K)

back to r/vn

Happy times. Very nostalgic. Listening to Tsukihime's OST does the same thing too.

Good man. She was the first 2D girl I actually made my waifu, in the proper classical sense of the word (not how modern ironic weebs use that term). I even made my PC's sound alerts her voice for many many years until a Windows update broke it.

Attached: 1516746442351.jpg (645x729, 88K)

Protip: whenever someone says "X is the best Y of all time" it's never true. Whatever it is.

he said the internet and not specifically Yea Forums

Takeshi... I really need you!

Attached: 0023_02.png (500x500, 168K)

If he had said “Clannad is the best VN of all time” he would have been right though.

>Is it as good as Virtue's Last Reward?

It's better. Ever17 is a classic.

But getting to the good part requires TONS of patience because the first 4 routes are shit. You gotta get through them before you unlock the true route which will make you shit bricks after bricks.

Cute butt, but let's not crash this thread with no survivors. People can go visit that sadpanda link on their own just fine.

The routes are not shit. Only the second route is shit.

Of course. I was just posting because I've never seen an Ever17 thread on Yea Forums.

all i see is a picture of a panda sitting down.

Attached: you-cen.png (586x785, 567K)

Kagome, Kagome......

Attached: Suzukage.Hotori.full.679379.jpg (800x600, 465K)

Attached: 187815 sample ever17 komachi_tsugumi .jpg (1057x1500, 278K)

Hum, which one exactly? I completed YOU, first. And I'm doing Sora, now. (I understand why I should have started with the Takechi routes).

Seeing doujinshi of old works (VN, games, anime) always sadden me a bit since there's probably a lot of them released back then, but because online archival wasn't really a priority, people generally didn't scan and/or upload. So there's just so many old stuff that's just lost to time, with no way to track them. Can't even catalog them fully since some of the circles aren't even around anywhere and their websites lead to 404's. I remember seeing old-ass Guilty Gear doujinshi catalogued in the early 2000's but literally unavailable in any way or form.

What was his problem?

Attached: Satoru.png (200x210, 52K)

This is Ever17's artist's twitter btw
>twitter.com/yuut
Her art's gotten a lot better and is a beaut. Too bad she's never involved in any new works since she's become a full-time housewife/mother.

Attached: ever17_yuut.jpg (1536x2048, 543K)

The CHAD Yubiseiharukana
vs
the VIRGIN Yubiseiakikana.

I don't know how I still remember her name in full even after all these years.

Attached: ever17_tanaka_yubiseiakikana_and_tanaka_yubiseiharukana_adult.jpg (1280x960, 691K)

God i want to marry a girl like that

his motives were very complex

Attached: R11.jpg (1440x2059, 779K)

The artist or the girl in the pic?

Btw I notice quite a few of her art contains water motifs or bubble motifs in some way. She's gotten really good at drawing and painting them.

Attached: ever17_artist-2.jpg (959x1200, 189K)

Attached: Dp8XC21V4AAP0ct.jpg (650x921, 133K)

can get tedious at times but the last route makes it all worth it

Can we all agree Fate Stay Night is a better VN than Ever 17?

Attached: 04_11572.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Attached: Dp8XFRvU4AEsnJL.jpg (650x921, 144K)

I wish I was a billionaire so I could give her all the money to draw Tsugumi doujin for me

Attached: Dwj_cqwUwAAY0rB.jpg (692x921, 102K)

You have only read one VN

Attached: 1559010687068.jpg (320x320, 35K)

lol

Attached: E17_9.jpg (1280x1851, 414K)

posting my wife and daughter

Attached: Tsugumi (2).jpg (640x480, 168K)

The artist i want a homely wife with great skill in art GOddamn life isnt fucking fair

>she will never be real

Attached: Komachi.Tsugumi.600.96125.jpg (600x450, 44K)

How do you guys feel about the Xbox 360 remake?

Attached: 2843aaf90d68.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Remember 11 was fun in its own way, but the ending was lacking in ways. I liked the aspect of swapping back and forth between characters.

Ever17 was fun all around except for whatsherfaces route where she goes on an info dump for 2 fucking hours.

Attached: Never7_Title.jpg (620x876, 317K)

Man I hate that these Japs often do these limited launch edition posters/tapestries and distribute them by different stores. Impossible to get them all without being a financial whale.

Takeshi why are you posting this stuff in public?

How many of you actually own your VNs? I once thought about importing either the PS2 or PSP version of Ever17. I do own some dating sims in physical boxes, that's cool.

According to the Ever17 visual fanbook, it's Boy instead of Kid.

Attached: Capture.png (595x462, 457K)

R11 > 999 > VLR > E17

The premise for R11 is really good just on its own, but it's backed up by the best of what Uchikoshi's usual work offers. If you've played his previous works and feel a bit familiar now, R11 takes it to new levels.

Also the soundtrack nails the atmosphere. youtu.be/44mwGBDV9jY

Who is that behind you?

Attached: 2cbc2b10197dad4f9ac6d4ff1f3bc62d.jpg (1024x768, 658K)

what was his fucking problem?

Which Ever 17 OP was the best?

Original PC:
youtube.com/watch?v=siOCjEydLUU

PSP:
youtube.com/watch?v=I4jzrOQEZCo

Xbox 360:

Agree with this for the most part, but E17 should be above VLR. Although VLR is decent in its own right, in many ways it just feels like an inferior rehash of E17. For example, the mirror/reflection twist is much more natural and less forced in Ever17, since it's a bishoujo game. In VLR however it doesn't make any sense for Sigma to not be voiced.

I like the PSP OP a lot.

Attached: 81ydV1m7sJL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 285K)

Can we all finally admit Zero Time Dilemma wasn't as bad as we thought?

>exhentai.org/g/1187161/df1840fb2d/
Shit that's a terrible set. Only has tits in one of 77 images. Other than that, censored junk.
Imagine if you paid for that smut on DLsite, how pissed would you be?

Nah, it was and still is utter shit. It's not even the original ZE3, Uchikoshi threw out the original scenario he planned because he "got bored of it".

Reminder that Uchikoshi idolizes David Cage, and dreams of collaborating with him one day.

Attached: 1553436657490.png (606x882, 820K)

Cage finally made a decent game with Detroit, I would be up for a Uchikoshi collab if he could keep that level of quality.

Post kino tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=hMiO3ZbyxQY
youtube.com/watch?v=n51MgREfiMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FztXdRjQPu8
youtube.com/watch?v=h7p40hKjbGY
youtube.com/watch?v=jnNyRWdBNS0

youtube.com/watch?v=FexSHfetNUA

It is.

At its surface FSN is far more pulp than what Ever 17 presents itself to be, but it offers much more in terms of a literary piece than Ever 17 and is better in terms of executing pacing as a visual novel.

In E17 you step over a lot of common ground for each of the routes, once the mystery is established it's mostly unmemorable filler. The overall twist of the story is thought-provoking, but it has no bearing on the characters in any meaningful way. That lack of integration between the characters and overarching narrative basically means it's a story about solving a situation and they are just tools to progress the story.

FSN's three routes each offer something radically different from each other, the first being a world exposition/mystery, second being more of a character study and patching some thoughts the player would have from the first route and the third route is designed to break your expectations now that you're familiar with the characters and setting. Despite being fantastical, the prose is great at establishing a sense of scale and maintaining suspension of disbelief, so you can still grasp what the characters are going through and what significance events mean, so despite being so fantastical compared to E17 I'd say they're about even in conveying the severity of a situation.

This combination of esoteric rules and constantly varied storytelling means each route can offer something completely unique and the journey is engaging from start, up until Shirou's cooking fiesta in Route 3. Then it kicks back in again. E17 can be a bit daunting throughout the journey and at some point you just want the pieces to put themselves together. Fate has its lulls too, but ultimately has more of substance to show in its story.

That being said, Fate is held down hard by its expanded universe and adaptations. If you know next to nothing about FSN, play the VN and you will get something equal or greater than E17.

Attached: sh0yey3cwhax7zoqcvuo.jpg (957x534, 22K)

Attached: 1531566593010.png (632x756, 16K)

F/SN is overrated trash that I regret wasting 60 hours of my life on. Reading through it was seriously a slog, the story and characters just didn't interest me in the slightest.

Agreed with the spoiler, but I think that's just one of the weaker twists in the story out of the other things VLR brought along it. There was a lot more going on in VLR, you never knew who to trust and it used its branching paths very well, it was a game that kept you thinking. Every character had their own mystery and most had satisfying explanations to back them up too.

Attached: ok.jpg (500x628, 57K)

Original but psp not far behind, x360 just ok.

Did anything replace fuwanovel for VN downloads?

Yeah, fair enough, I agree that VLR is good in it own right and brings a lot of interesting ideas of its own to the table. Personally I just think that Ever17 did the twists much better, and had a much more satisfying true ending.

everything is on nyaa and erogedownload

Was the first VN I really enjoyed. The atmosphere and mystery surrounding it was top notch and enough to make me do all the routes despite previously thinking it would be a chore.
I got pretty emotionally invested and it's now one of my favorites. Ultimately I preferred the premise of Remember11 to the one of e17, but I think ever17 is still better in terms of plot and probably one of the best works of uchikoshi, even though I don't enjoy him that much as an author (he gets atmosphere and mystery well, but his stuff is always full of plotholes and never goes beyond the story or becomes thought provoking in any way).

My wife Haruka

Attached: haruka_n7[1].jpg (802x602, 346K)

it's not like anything worth reading has come out since fuwanovel died

It's one of the very few VNs I think aren't total shit. R11 would be too if it wasn't unfinished and so lackluster on the ending. Muv-luv main series is also good, so is umineko, and higurashi. Everything else I've read was way below these and felt like stories written for a 12 years old audience. I have steins;gate on my backlog now and hoping it won't turn out shit.

With those graphics I would avoid it at all cost. But I do wonder if there's any extra content.

There is, but since it's not written by Uchikoshi or Nakazawa it's effectively glorified fanfic. It explains some additional things, like why Coco has psychic powers and why Kid lost his memory.

Read 428: Shibuya Scramble

Attached: 428 Shibuya Scramble_.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Yanagishita was based

Attached: DarkLeftEider-size_restricted.gif (444x250, 3.48M)

I think the fact that it was unfinished in some very exact way that allows you to actually get answers is what makes it so memorable. Imagine how lame the in-game explanation would've been. Spoilers if someone didn't read it:
>Ugh, That Guy/Aitsu is 0-dimensional entity, who exists outside time and influences people. Remember the first scene in the plane? Yeah.
>So, Enomoto swapped with Satoru in Australia beforehand. Then Satoru by some weird metafiction gets possessed by That Guy, who then gets implanted memories of Satoru from Kokoro's first route. It's hard to explain.

And the worst of them:
>Best girl? Literally died of hypothermia, forgotten by everyone.

My nigga

Attached: 20180908231325_1.jpg (2560x1440, 823K)

Remember11>Never7>>>Ever17

How is N7 better than E17? It's like E17 but with much worse routes and without worthwhile payoff at the end.

It took me way too long to realize where I knew him from when I played it.

Attached: Nasubi.jpg (560x429, 69K)

>best girl

Attached: IN10AL.png (473x567, 241K)

Mostly just because it's fantasy elements went in when they were just supposed to make a dating sim making it a bait and switch.
Also it doesn't drag on for longer than the story would imply.

>tfw Yea Forums never experienced this

youtube.com/watch?v=l9bs-PcNXBw

Recommended Visual Novels in the same class as Ever 17?

Read Suda's The Silver Case and 25th Ward. If anything else, they're aesthetic as fuck with banging soundtrack.
youtu.be/Ip3_Lt4eax8

Attached: 20180620191232_1.jpg (2560x1440, 168K)

Pretty good. It never explains why the protagonist hears a train in his head which always bothered me.
Actually it might have, but I skipped the second slut's route.

R11 is really worthless without reading E17 beforehand, though. Playing to people's expectations is actually the whole point of the series even.
>E17 turns cure a physical disease
>R11 makes the BW's involvement the pretext of the story while it was a purpose in E17

Never7 was the best one. Sorry, but not really.

EYYY MY NIGGAS.
Sucks how Haruka's route writer allegedly wrote that awful sequel code18 or whatever.

I just love how the main twist makes sense but if you don't like it you can completely throw it out the window and just go with the generic "OH IT WAS THE BELLS."

Haruka > Kurumi => Izumi > Saki = Yuka

he speaks the truth

It's weird how people parade Ever17 as the holy grail of visual novel.

Remember this, the fucking endgame twist was:
you going into the game to tell this dude's son to somehow psychic ability tell his dad to wake the fuck up and somehow get him diving back into the water to put some girl and him in a pod for a long time. then you go and tell the others "hey can u guys just do exactly what i say, yo dont worry who i am or what this is about."

Tsugumi's melodrama was a bit much for me as well, it felt so out of tone compared to the rest of the story.

What I loved so much about both Ever17 and Remember11 was the weird blend of atmosphere with mystery, isolation and danger yet also a strange comfiness and proximity between characters. There were always these moments where the tension would break into silliness or emotional scenes and I just loved how "contained" the settings were.

She was originally going to be a literal vampire but the execs were like "no uchi that's fucking retarded" and reigned him in, so thats how you got immortality aids

Steins;gate was good but you know how japanese writers get when they get popular...
They start catering hard in the sequel and side games. The fanbase is also cancer and misses the points of the game just to talk about MUH SUFFERING MUH TRAP GIRL HEHEHE MUH KURISU'S ASSSS

if you're looking for some recs
chaos;head was god like until the middle, then it fucking turns to trash.

g senjou no maou is also good but while the epilogue and ending is pretty touching and one of the best endings ive read to a vn, you'll hate the main twist.

saya no uta is good but all people know about it is GRIM DARK EDGY LOLI GIRL HAHAHAHA XD.

Yu-No was better

Attached: Yu-No.jpg (925x577, 405K)

cure virus was whatever I can buy it. what I can't buy was the fucking spoilered part.

it felt so awesome reading it then i thought back to it and the illusion just fell apart. the fucking climax was so fucking dumb. this story is so fucking dumb. I KNOW YOU FUCKING RIP VAN WINKLE IS COCO YOU DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN IT TO ME AGAIN.

She literally had to live alone with no interaction cause she wasn't aging. Anyone would go insane.

I really need to get around to reading The 25th Ward one of these days.

Attached: TheSilverCase_20170811140818.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

I keep trying to get into g senjou, but I'm not clicking with any of the supporting characters during the down time, same with cross+channel. Thinking of giving muv-luv a try since everyone praises it to high hell, but I'm much more in the mood for a mystery.

nah im talking about sara's route and the fact she had to take care of the kids and eventually gave them away

i don't know that part just felt so off compared to the rest of the story. it didn't help that it was just a massive text dump of what happened.

Check out Sweet Pool.

She had to keep running away from Leiblich agents so she gave her kids to an orphanage inorder to keep them safe.

muv luv is god tier at least to me. you really have to like the first part to make it a lot more emotional.

cross+channel is confusing and honestly i'd say it's okay but it's more psychological than mystery, I don't think they really give you the full picture on what the fuck is going on. I/O is similar to cross channel but it's full on sci fi mystery with the pretentious meter to the max.

I'll look more through my recs for some mystery stuff. You tried root double yet? the first half is a pretty good what the fuck is happening and has some nice atmospheric stuff.

the second part completely shits the bed
BEEEEEEESHEEEEEEEEEE BEEEEESHEEEEE, how do we get out of here??? BEEEESHEEEEEE, how do we convince him? beeeeesheeeee, holy shit how are you still alive? BEEEEEESHEEEEEEE

I really don't like the pacing. I'm fine with slow games/VNs but this has so much filler. Umineko is like 100x longer but still does more with each scene.

nigga, why you telling me this. i know what fucking happened in the plot. i'm just saying it felt unnecessary and just forcefully wanted to make us feel more emotional and bad over tsugumi.

Be sure to play FSR first, there are a lot of references to it in 25W. Or wait for the inevitable remaster.

Attached: 20180313234654_1.jpg (2560x1440, 208K)

What the fuck do you mean forced? Forced would be magic disease like in Clannad. There are legit reasons that make perfect sense to feel bad for Tsugumi.

I played FSR back on the DS when neither of these games had been localized. Obviously it didn't make much sense at the time, but I liked it. I should probably revisit it.

It's little on the low end when it comes to visual novels, but still pretty decent.
I'm not saying it's bad but there's much better ones to play.

Thanks for the recs anons

I've read g senjou no maou and saya no uta, I thought both were pretty shit. Before reading g senjou I had read sharin no kuni, which is by the same team I think so I was expecting the main twist and it made a shit VN even more shit.
Saya no Uta wasn't particularily bad but if you take away the gimmick everything else is really bland and borring to me.

What I liked about umineko/higurashi is r7's style of writing is very peccular and recognizable even through translation, plus he really wants to get the reader involved whilst also going into deep thought provoking themes.

Muv-luv was the complete subversion of expectation and play on the typical harem stereotype with the transition from extra to alternative, a bullet-proof plot that manages to be incredibly cohesive and consistent despite using tropes that usually lead to multitudes of plot-holes. Also the general rendition of a bleak, desperate, fucked up setting.

Meanwhile everything else I've read was just based on random big twists with terrible stories and writing, but I've only read about 10 or so VNs so there's that.

Haruka > Yuka > Kasumi > Izumi = Saki
You (g1) = Sora > Coco > Tsugumi > Sara = You (g2)
Kokoro > Yuni > Hotori > Lin = Keiko > Kali

Definitely check out Narcissu and Sweet Pool

Not having looked anything up about cross+channel I'd say the opening route was a really good attention grabber, but just didn't pick back up for at least the 2/4 routes I played from then on.

Haven't tried root double, although you haven't quite sold it to me if it shits itself. I don't mind putting up with some shit if it pays itself off though.

I heard Higurashi and Umineko were good, but I watched the Higurashi anime about 10 years ago and it just felt unnecessarily edgy, bit worried about giving it a chance.

You cannot debate this:

>Muv-luv was the complete subversion of expectation and play on the typical harem stereotype with the transition from extra to alternative, a bullet-proof plot that manages to be incredibly cohesive and consistent despite using tropes that usually lead to multitudes of plot-holes
This. The amount of foreshadowing done in Extra and how well it tied everything together honestly fucking blew my mind. EVERY TIME as a reader I thought "wait but what about" "hold on what if" "but why couldn't he just"... etc, the literally within minutes of reading the narration would answer my thoughts and explain itself through the story. I swear to god it felt like they had the plot fucking beta tested by people to make sure nothing slipped by.

Narcissu is just plain. Like, it's not awful, but it doesn't really do anything for me and I have a hard time understanding why it's so praised.

already read narcissu, nice short storybecause it was a nice simple story with believable and emotional character

user the second one is unironic gay, explain what's good in it that can make one look past this.

the only thing i didn't really like is the non ending. but hey i mean i can't think of a way to even end the beta war so it works for me.

VLR is genuinely great. The problem is it's the first half to a story that never concluded.

Just feels like the literary form of a walk in the park on a nice day. It's nice, but there's a thousand more interesting things that I could be doing.

one thing i really hate about VLR
>Sigma gets 9 points in any ending except the good or dio's ending
>Everyone fucking dogpiles him to death
>Clover/K/Tenmyouji escapes without any repercussion

The fuck? I MEAN COME ON IF YOU'RE GONNA JUMP ON ONE OLD MAN YOU CANT JUMP ON THE OTHER OLD MAN?

I can understand nobody trying anything on K since he's a big guy.

again, you cannot defend muv luv

for you

Akane's character also kinda sucked in ZTD.
YOU CANT JUST REDEEM HER AND PUT HER IN A GOOD LIGHT AFTER ALL THE SHIT SHE'S DONE.

I went through the series with two friends and after finding out Akane's deal I went from seeing her as best girl to despising her. They don't get it at all, somehow. We all agree she was handled terribly in ZTD at least.

Because it's high quality psychological horror. If homosexuality bothers you to the point you refuse to even check something out, you'll always be a pleb.

Even Osamu Tezuka wrote some yaoi manga. It takes a true connoisseur to appreciate high quality gay works as a heterosexual.

literally all of his "this makes no sense" complaints are addressed and explained in at the very least a somewhat reasonable way.

For example he complains that it makes no sense for the yuuko of extra to find the answer to the equation when the yuuk oof unlimited didn't despite having more time and resources and motivation to. Except the VN spends like half an hour setting up the fact that videogames DON'T exist in unlimited world, because the war happened too early and technological effort was redirected towards military rather than leisure. Which is emphasized by the whole scene where takeru shows his gameboy to meiya and it is once again re-explained how weird culturally the concept of video-games is for their world. And do you remember how the yuuko of extra got the inspiration to solve the equation? from a ps2 game. The entire point of all these scenes was to explain why she did figure out what the other yuuko couldn't.
That guy is just fucking cringe and full of shit.

Well the guy looks like a fucking mad scientist villain

VLR was a perfect change for her, she's coldhearted and knows what she's doing is wrong but she's doing it for the sake of good. i bought her motivation way more than 999 where she and santa kidnaps everyone so she can get a cheat sheet for sudoku.

>guy doesn't pay attention to all the details and fails to understand why anything happens in the plot
>thinks he's debunking a bad plot
>actually is just outing himself as a retard

as said, almost every criticizing he has is given a good reason in the novel itself. Now fuck off with your shitty video.

Don't get me wrong, I meant despise as a person. As a character I thought she was great in 999 and VLR made me appreciate her coldness even more.
I completely buy her using her powers initially for selfish reasons and then trying to go for the greater good as an act of redemption.
What I don't buy is her seeing herself as some sort of altruistic hero in ZTD and chewing out Junpei for doing THE EXACT SAME SHIT SHE PUT EVERYONE THROUGH IN 999

I'm surprised nobody has brought up Subahibi yet in the context of VN recommendations.

Consistently one of the top rated VNs, and goddamn, one thing's for sure, it was something else. Nothing else like it from what I've read. The author's a fan of Ever 17 too.

Attached: BGI 2019-02-21 21-41-33-35.png (1280x960, 1.01M)

He actually addressed the inconsistencies in the Unlimited review:

youtube.com/watch?v=1acfflsNuIM

I thought ZTD could've been great if they went in the direction of V3 and said fuck the mainplot we're doing our own thing. I liked the OC characters way more in that game than nu-junpei, nu-akane, nonexistant-phi. punished sigma was alright though.

Because it's trash.

Don't forget the literal god tier soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5HM4_T3hEE

youtube.com/watch?v=ANS4RWhxBbA

youtube.com/watch?v=uzT7F95XlC0

Uh oh, looks like you tried to read a VN way beyond your brain's capacity. Consider reading something simpler, like Majikoi; I'm sure you'll enjoy that!

It's a difficult VN to recommend to new VN players, since its point relies on you being at least somewhat familiar with the medium.
Also, Invention alt ending is the best one. youtube.com/watch?v=r8mW5_wiNGo

Attached: bait happily.png (698x987, 108K)

Looking Glass Insects was fucking stupid, one of the dumbest things I've ever read in a VN. Everything else was mostly good though.

Also had the best ED song ever seen in a VN for the true end: youtube.com/watch?v=_acs89xRG7c

Attached: BGI 2019-02-22 02-14-04-51.png (1280x960, 1.03M)

stop shilling your shit channel. He does exactly the same thing as in the alternative review. Criticizing things as supposedly making no sense when they're in fact cohesive and coherent and thoroughly explained through details at one point or another.
He doesn't review shit, he just talks about it in a silly way trying to make it look bad. He never provides any arguments, there is nothing to defend because his criticizing isn't even legitimate. Everyone can summarize the plot of a piece of media using a retarded voice and making it seem retarded.

If you actually want to discuss why you think muv-luv is bad, use some words and arguments and I'd happily discuss.

Uchikoshi's VN is coming out this month. I guess people are over him now.

Thoughts?

Also he's getting Nakazawa back for future projects like Death March Club.

It's not the same without the trippy visuals.

Attached: 20170911224439_1.jpg (1280x960, 254K)

So which has better writing: Japanese VNs or Western adventure games?

Attached: 1464101203029.jpg (960x684, 62K)

Don't summon the "PST vs SH2" guy.

The only good Western adventure games are all comedy games.

PC

Attached: 1560513411198.jpg (1280x960, 535K)

The game destroyed any future cravings for chicken sandiwches I could ever have

Too chuu for me. Will see how it is later.
Western has a better surface slice of life writing. However the Japanese have better deep character writing. They illicit more emotions and depression than the west can (makes sense). When western writes about depressing stuff it just seems superficial or hyperbole.

>he didn't play detroit

>When western writes about depressing stuff it just seems superficial or hyperbole.
What makes you say that? Any examples?

I was hoping that Junpei would try to pull some shit on her for 999. Like maybe he gets his memories from the VLR timeline and uses that to fuck with akane

Not as good as 999 in any way imo

>life is strange
>heavy rain (really any of david cage games)
>spider-man
>until dawn (still pretty good)
>dragon age
I know most of these games aren't really "adventure" games, but the characters never really felt "real" to me. The personality they exhibit outside felt like how real people would act but their inner thoughts weren't.

How do you feel about actual adventure games then?

what the fuck was up with that carlos scene though?

feels a bit extreme for "lmao sorry guys just a joke. oops. xD"

i haven't played many but stuff like i have no mouth and i must scream was good.

Attached: 1489955979189.jpg (645x968, 47K)

999 and ever17 suffer from the same problems imo. 999 was better

It's much better than VLR but not as good as Remember11, but you need to play it to fully appreciate R11 anyway

In this case he's talking specifically about western VNs/adventure games in whch case I agree with him. The best western adventure games are all thrillers, comedy, horror, etc. Western game writers don't handle character driven drama very well aside from some outliers like Planescape Torment

Was it autism?

How did you feel about I/O?

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Reminder that Sweet Pool is one of the greatest VNs of all time.

>Genuflect

Yes
Simultaneous releases are scary though because we can't test the game out on japs and importers first

Has some great stuff until a certain point, then it becomes bad and then it becomes a trainwreck

>he didn't play Sanitarium

It shows the most cathartic moments on the middle of the VN, and then just pumps more worldbuilding stuff over a dead horse of a story.

I mean it's not that good, but it made me read it for two times and I'll probably do once more. It has a weird charm.

Tsukihime was the better game

>game

lol

A Visual Novel is a game, A Kinetic novel is probably not a game, but a VN is a game. It has a soundtrack, visual images to go with the story, and player choice that effects the direction of the story. A Kinetic Novel might not be a game since the player has no control over the direction of the story, and the game can play itself, when the autoread function is set.

The original ends at the ending of E.

Why do people praise Nakazawa as the genius of the Infinity series then?

How did Yea Forums feel about Narcissu?

Attached: n8.jpg (767x572, 228K)

Felt sad.

Attached: 1339966692439.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Honestly, I hated Mira, Eric and Q at first but at least they actually had interesting stuff going on and had nothing from previous games to ruin. Carlos was also a definite highlight.

>Game

Yeah, I was talking about the ending of E.
Mainly because he actually tries to make new stuff. I think Nakazawa and Uchikoshi really complement each other though. Nakazawa is obsessed with justifying the sci-fi concepts in his work, and he somehow gets too much into worldbuilding and the backstories of the characters. The problem with that is, he often loses the focus of the story since he's obsessed with small details. On the other hand Uchikoshi is much better at creating twists and keeps a good pace in his stories but he can't find concepts as crazy and detailed as Nakazawa's if we remove the twists.

Haven't played Phenogram, how was Uchikoshi's chapter in that?

Narcissu 1 and 2 was one of my first VNs, so it holds a special place in my heart. Made me feel many things, specially sadness. Reading 2 after 1, I think 2 was king of like a prequel, makes you see everything in 1 so differently. I am not afraid to admit I cried some manly tears after reading these two.

Proof that rev1 doesn't have LogOut routes?

>Be male
>Enjoy this VN

Am I gay now?

Attached: 262a1a.jpg (2739x1839, 2.49M)

I try to catch every e17 thread I can. I have a lot of nostalgia for it.

Attached: lolbook.jpg (395x552, 39K)

That's also what drew me in to the story. The meta-twist is neat and all but the atmosphere, setting, and characters really makes it special.

Attached: bigfish.jpg (850x637, 97K)

How do you feel about Sara Matsunaga?

Do you prefer her backstory in the PC or Xbox 360 version?

What was her backstory in the 360 version?

can I play this without playing any of Mr Uchikoshi games?

Child soldier apparently, instead of being a hacker.

If you watch the X360 OP, there's a new CG where she's pointing a gun at Tsugumi:

I'll never be able to think of this story the same after finding out that the chicken sandwiches were actually.

>control f: washing machine
>no results

It's unironically always better that way, because he's recycled the same twist multiple times before. The more you experience it, the less enjoyable it feels. That being said, maybe a new series will have a change of pace.

If you want the real Uchikoshi experience, play Ever 17 and finish it.

same. hard to believe it takes place in the past now

>same. hard to believe it takes place in the past now
Umm, sweety? That's only one side of the story.

Gotcha

Attached: washing machine.gif (512x384, 927K)

>2019
>still can't quantum teleport black coffee with sugar

Attached: satoru facepalm.png (532x557, 263K)

FASTER

You sure about that? Alright.

Attached: faster.gif (512x384, 477K)

Will the Xbox 360 version ever be translated?

I didn't think it was possible on the console, but apparently there's a Korean patch being worked on by Ghost Saint. Last update was like 5 years ago though, and seems dead as fuck.

>best girl died of hypothermia
WRONG. She's seconds away from introducing those murderous babies to gravity in the ending

I cried multiple times as a 20+ year old.

Attached: faster2.gif (512x384, 1.41M)

It's never a case of being impossible, console modding is just an extremely small niche.