Humankind (no not the monkey game)

Let's talk about this. Surely there must be at least some others here who went to see their extended footage at gamescom, right?
For those that did not: it's sort of like a crossbreed between the devs' Endless series games and Civ, the biggest difference from Civ is that you change your civ every single era. In the footage they went from Egyptians to Romans to Khmers to something else to Germans.
Combat was on the global map, you had this army unit that unfolded into individual forces when the battle phase began. They also kept their unique units from the previous eras so you had line infantry fight right next to three legionnaire units and Khmer war elephants, it was really weird.

Attached: file.png (460x215, 208K)

I'm interested but also not really.
I like Civ but I also liked Endless Legend and Space even more for being interesting fantasy.

Did you fail your shill course on Khan Academy or are you really just that bad at it?

It's always about shilling with you people, can't even talk about games you're interested in unless it's smash rosterfaggotry.

retard

I'll buy it once it's confirmed that you can play cavemen in spaceships, but not before. Also, since it's Amplitude it will be jank as fuck on release and missing content planned for DLC. Probably basic shit like religion and espionage.

Attached: 5q94hRY.jpg (361x280, 67K)

I thought the settings in the endless games where their strongest point. From a pure gameplay perspective I don't consider them much better than Civ, which is why I find it strange that they swapped to an identical setting.

If the combat is good and somewhat balanced I'll still give it a shot.

These threads always degenerate into mesoamerican shitposting

more like elevate

Ha I get it, because they lived in the mountains.

lets not

*ahem*
how to mesoamericanfag:
>defend worthless civilizations
>cope

>Humankind
Sounds like shit. Who uses humankind instead of humanity?

Did it have some hex based combat system like endless legend?

Yes, it did.

>our fantasy civ clone was a success, what should we make next?
>I know, let's make...wait for it...an exact 1-to-1 copy of civ.

Attached: Hilarius.jpg (1492x2052, 1.06M)

Could you explain a bit more? I like amplitude and their games, so this is definitely on my radar. Do you just completely replace your culture with a different one? How much gameplay is tied to each culture, between civ where you just get a couple bonuses or improved units and ES2 where you have completely different styles of gameplay between factions? I’ve heard mention of hybrid cultures, is that a thing and if so how does it work?

Heard about it but hadn't seen the video yet, do you have a link. Idea sounds neat as I like civ but i'll have to see how it pans out.

>Do you just completely replace your culture with a different one
I think it's less of a "replace" and more of an "add on top", your architecture style changes but I think some things such as wonders as special buildings remain. Also the guy presenting made a point of cities being non-renamable when I asked him about that.
>How much gameplay is tied to each culture, between civ where you just get a couple bonuses or improved units and ES2 where you have completely different styles of gameplay between factions?
They didn't really show off much of that and frankly I have not played ES, but I think it's leaning closer to Civ in that regard.
The hybrid cultures is probably just the description of how you mix and match additional cultures through the eras and combine them.
Also, city building is like their Endless games (I assume) too, not Civ: you plop one city in a region and develop it.
I think that video was gamescom presentation exclusive and filming was forbidden. Maybe they'll release it later down the line like CDPR released their Cyberpunk presentation video.

I'm glad we can finally throw Civ in the trash like the meme filled, inaccuracy ridden, poorly designed garbage that it is.

> I think that video was gamescom presentation exclusive and filming was forbidden.
That's a shame, hope they release it. Do they have any info on what the combat will look like? I've always wanted a Civ and total war mashup but i'm afraid that's never gonna come about.

>inaccuracy ridden
what kind of accuracy are you expecting it's a highly abstract board game with random maps and civs that last from 4000 BC to 2000 AD

They had one "army" unit, and when it came in contact with the enemy unit it sort of unfolded into a bunch of individual units placed on the same world map hex grid. They didn't really show off that much about how the combat worked, we only got to see how it began.
Oh yeah, one thing I forgot is that they emphasised terrain elevation being a big factor in combat and city development, such as high-placed cities having longer line of sight etc.

Remember when Moctezuma was white in civ 4.

I never played endless legend myself but that souns somewhat similar to endless legend's combat system but then on the map itself. Sounds like it could be cool