If praising a sub-decent vidya character make you motivated for your shitty indie game weekend project...

If praising a sub-decent vidya character make you motivated for your shitty indie game weekend project, and you feel like "the next big thing", you're really delusional
undertale is tumbl tier garbage, music is nothing out of the ordinary and gameplay is a gimmick with several iterations of the same concept over, and over
story is garbage and the only reason it's popular is because fags like you are more interested in praising ecelebs instead of pursuing your dreams
bunch of sheeps

Attached: skeleton faggot.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7dRVuXYmB1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you pursuing your dreams user? Do you feel good about yourself when you post like this? Why, user, are you so mad?

The amount of jelly radiating out of this post could solve world hunger.

YOU WANA GET A GOOD TOM?!

I've never even played Undertale because it doesn't interest me, but pic related.

Attached: 1531049017006.jpg (500x620, 109K)

Imagine being this mad that a secondary costume entry in a game got more praise than your favourite character.
Seethe more, stevefag

Unironically seething.

And here you are shitposting about it. Do some fucking work.

Attached: 1537348136933.jpg (1310x476, 178K)

I'm glad all the tasteless Terryfags got btfo by a Mii-Fighter costume.

wahhh im so edgy and contrarian look at me im so nihilistic intelligent with a wicked sense of humor shitpost Yea Forums shitpost

this
imagine an entirely new character getting ignored in favor of a fucking costume

Attached: 1498577015683.jpg (1024x953, 56K)

Cope

Yea Forums loved undertale when it came out though?

Yes
I'm mad this place consider Undertale as some state of the art game when there's a lot of better, more complex videogames out there
but even more, I'm sad nowadays you can't start shit without having a solid fanbase
lol wut?

Cope

I wish I could still be 14 and be an angsty teenager like you OP

>"this indie developer that is literally me made it big, so I have a chance too!"
>"moom, I need my tendies pronto, time to make my own vidya!"

the gaming industry will be filled with so called "indie developers", the same way the music scene is now 90% soundcloud trap garbage
companies like Epic will thrive while quality will be more and more low
but whatever floats your boat guys

Attached: 1567541418285.jpg (512x512, 50K)

t. mad boomer

The terryfags are laughing at underbros here

>have to hide in a containment thread on Yea Forums while everyone else is celebrating Sans
okay Pedro, no need to get defensive

Name 5 with games that are more complex at use the medium to its fullest potential

Seethe harder

Since the sans reveal I've seen tons of people lamenting how their indie game that they haven't even started won't make it big like undertale. That's not the reason you should be making games, otherwise you may as well work at some shitty AAA company and produce schlock.

Attached: # bagpuss sad.jpg (269x187, 10K)

>tasteless
Because Yea Forums actually plays video games?

OMG NINTENDO AND UNDERTALEEE!!???

No we don’t.

Attached: 1566500600629.jpg (433x268, 32K)

Newfag the industry has been this way since Cave Story

Hoes Mad x 24

this has nothing to do with Smash
I'm pissed because of the consequences this will have on the gaming industry, now the only choice we'll have are

>shitty lootboox fortnite clone
>""""triple AAA cinematic exclusive for PS4™ #40310""""
>retro looking garbage indie shit

5? I could list you 50
also, complexity doesn't mean it's better.
You could say well crafted, or enjoyable.
anyway

>fallout 2
>dwarf fortress
>daggerfall
>stardew vally
>hollow knight
>unironically Demon's Soul
>Majora's Mask
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC
>Gothic
>Morrowind
>Bioshock
>Portal
>Half Life
>KotoR
>GTAIII
>Silent Hill 2
>SotC
>unironically Super Mario Bros 3
>Deadspace
>Cuphead
>the Oregon Trail
>Grim Fandango
>Diablo II
>unironically Minecraft
>Sim City 2000
>FFIX
>MGS:2
>Chrono Trigger
>Resident Evil
>Doom
>Mass Effect 2

and you faggots took the indiepill

What do you mean "took the indiepill"?

Get off your ass and do something productive

>he says as he posts on Yea Forums

Undertale is unironically good and butthurt contrarians like you can only seethe harder everytime Toby Fox becomes more renown.

Literally none of those reach the same level of directly affecting and messing with the player by using the medium of an installed interactive game on a system. Those are all just RPGs with decent story telling. Most of them have choices that don't matter, with exception to Bioshock (until the ending)

>this place consider Undertale as some state of the art game
It's a fun RPG. That's all it's ever been here, and sometimes worse.

Undertale has that well crafted story but your choices genuinely change how you play, the outcome you get and the experience you have. Going renegade in ME2 is just a red coat of paint to Paragon. Deadspace is a simple TPS, GTAIII jej, DeS is a fine choice.

Remember user, if you said this 10 years ago Yea Forums would've supported you. The anons of now aren't the same as before. Most of the oldfags are long gone.

Undertale is unironically mediocre and butthurt contrarians like you can only seethe harder everytime someone says otherwise.

>fellow oldfags amirite

Attached: 1534185777047.jpg (501x498, 18K)

>Undertale has that well crafted story
>monsters locked away but aren't actually evil
>change is limited to either being a good guy, bad guy or neutral. Something that countless games do already

I have never seen an intelligent response from someone who uses the word 'seething'. It's the definitive word for newfags trying to fit in

Seethe more

cope more

I'm mirroring his post to make a point if you couldn't tell, smoothbrain

The indie games are incredibly popular because they convey this false idea of "I too can create one too" when in reality the result was that of flooding the entire industry with mediocre and incomplete games, except then some rare exceptions of developers with already one fanbase very developed and that have been able to sell their product better than others

see this is exactly why I made this thread, praising that guy will only fill this already stale industry with more "2deep4u" indie garbage that exists because it creates yet another "creator>follower>fanbase>success" mechanic

since when multiple endings and different paths for the player is considered something "good" for a game? this could be true for most RPGs, but is your life so devoid of any real challange that you need that sense of achievement from videogames?

You might be on to something
is a perfect example

Yeah except your choices can have real consequences with the genocide route deleting your save?
What has the audacity to recognise you're a dick and ACTUALLY punish you for it?
Most RPG just let you slide though and even reward "awful" behaviour. Which is nice sometimes, but its also worth exploring genuine ramifications

Nigga undertale wasn't a thing 10 years ago

>sad that you need fans in order to sell a game
wow figures much

Dude I've fucking warned this place while they were trying to meme in into public consciousness when they voted it as the best game ever on other sites. The damage has been done.

You're like 4 years late brother.

>real consequences
>in a game
Genocide doesn't delete your save unless you mean you have to delete it to play normally again but that doesn't matter since you'd be starting over either way.
>audacity to recognise you're a dick
Other games do this
>RPGs reward awful behaviour
You mean like killing actual enemies? Remember in Undertale Toby makes it so morally black and white by making the enemies nice but in actual RPGs the enemies are malicious and trying to kill you. Hell even in some RPGs like that the characters still feel bad. Do you even play video games?
>its also worth exploring
With the depth of a kiddie pool. "killing...bad...whoa..."

this is a decent idea on paper, but it prevents you from further playthrought since the game remembers your actions and you can't do shit about it even uninstalling the game
this is a perfect example of garbage coding, if something is the first in doing something it doesn't mean it's a good thing
Nier: Automata lets you cancel all your save to give another random player the good ending, that's something that is more deep and complex, and affects not only your game, some someone's else
Most RPGs do the same thing in different ways, but at least they don't fuck up the replay value
they're not fans, they're followers.
they don't really want another undertale, they just want another toby game, and there's a small, but significant, difference

NieR is great, if it were in his list i would have never replied.
Doesn't ruining the replay value, in a way, give my argument of consequences more weight?
You sound fat

What Undertale lacks:
>Gameplay length
You're spending 10 hours at most for all routes, including 1 neutral
>A story that holds
You're more inclined to remember the character interactions more than the reason why you're in the underground.
>"Challenge"
Genocide route aside even if it's piss easy to beat undyne and sans, there's really no challenge to the True Pacifist route. The game was designed for casual gamers who grew up reading homestuck and twiddled their thumbs all day.

What Undertale excels in:
>Character development
Asgore is the big name here. He's described as a cruel, twisted king that only wants to murder humans in order to collect their souls; you find out later that he's a kind king only doing what he has to do in order to free his people.
>Soundtrack
It bops. It slaps. Despite your hot gamer take on it, the entire soundtrack from start to finish is designed piece by piece to tell a story, and give off a certain tone/mood for each area. Besides, it's not even Toby's best work, it only gets better from there. youtu.be/7dRVuXYmB1M
>World building
You can't tell me that waterfall is bad. Tell me that waterfall is shit.

solid counterargument, but I'm actually the lanky basement dweller archetype

See, I picked up Undertale once, played both true routes, put it down, then just enjoyed the memes on twitter.

As for Deltarune though, I can safely say that I am incredibly hyped up for it. It promises more than the Undertale demo ever did.

I want to see how a certain thing goes before I start to see how to work with game maker.
I have to create a new account since they made the demo 30 days instead of infinite.

Nope none of those count, you lose.

>music is nothing out of the ordinary
ok, now i KNOW you're just shitposting
also let people enjoy things