Underrail Thread

Underrail Thread
RPG of the decade Edition

Attached: 1567373248215.png (608x413, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVexHHhh4A
youtube.com/watch?v=1iTyVoet9w0
youtube.com/watch?v=72kB3UR5nnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-MG6S7Ynld0
youtube.com/watch?v=fyKffM5KkBY
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Abram
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Skinner
youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sorry OP only smash threads are allowed on Yea Forums

Don't forget WoW Classic threads

Can you see whatever is behind that gate in the lemurian health center?

You don't want to see it.

Is psi monk a meme, cpuldnt get through the game like that

I miss playing Underrail but I gotta level shit in wow for guild. Gonna continue my steath knife build the second I'm 60.

GAS THE FREE DRONES
IDEOLOGY WAR NOW

You better dont

GAS THE TIN CANS
IDEOLOGY WAR NOW

What makes you think a build is a 'meme'?

>not being a pacifist
I shiggy diggy do shit

>He nods

>Finish the beast questline
>Give Charons to Bernie immediately
>Q154 Super Steel
Now I'm gonna wait until I get another feat slot so I can throw Skinner in there and make some real fancy infused leper serpent armor

Attached: 1557164838309.jpg (500x436, 32K)

>He shakes his head

Man I'm glad I held off on that to discover UnderRail. As much as I like vanilla WoW there's just too many games out right now to get into that. I'll probably be halfway to 60 before Christmas though.

so this is actually good? i looked at it briefly, but decided against it cause the graphics looked like they came from mspaint

If you only care from graphic then you have shit tastes

ah okay, so its shit then

Yes, now fuck off.

>RPG of the decade
This is a underrail thread, not Atom.

I thought Bodybuilding was kind of lame, so:

Veteran feat:
Titanic

While wearing an armor suit with an (unmodified) armor penalty of 85% or higher, reduces all damage taken by 8% and increases total health by 25%.

Requirements:
- Level 26
- Strength 12
- Constitution 10
- Feat: Conditioning
- Feat: Juggernaut

The Lunatic Mall by itself is better than entire games

>tfw just wasted 12000 charons to make a armor that matches my jetski
mercantile chads WW@?

Attached: file.png (291x460, 174K)

People think that shit classifies as RPG

Attached: 1567026240204.png (128x128, 29K)

>armor that matches jetski
>you have to undress when you get on the jetski
uh

FUCK

>22 DT
Are you riding a Torpedo?

no, i'm riding your mother every night

>game's called under the rail
>no rail guns

>Game's called underrail
>No underrail attachments

TUNGSTEN IS LOVE
TUNGSTEN IS LIFE
DISMISS SUPER STEELFAGS
CARRY THAT WEIGHT AND IT SHALL PROTECT YOU

I dig it.
Fund it.

>Another veteran feat you'll only get when there's nothing to do in the game anymore
I sleep

where are the companions and the power armor?

Bonus points if it actually increases your body size, like the size of a Tchortist Recombinant

Guys I'm about to venture into Depot A.

What should I do to prepare?

There is none of them both in Underrail
Go back to Fallout, Jack

acid resist armor.

Caltrops, throwing nets, bear traps, shitton of incendiary grenades, EMPs/HE, flashbangs.
Hope you got Sure Step, and either high dodge with mutant dog leather armour or High CON/Metal armour, have fuckloads of supplies and health hipos at hand.

If you go now, the only thing you will have to prepare is your anus
The denizens of Depot A will mercilessly acid melt your flesh away and viciously tear you appart limb by limb

I'm not exaggerating. Think what you will do.

Apex joke, brother.

Neither exist, this isnt fucking Dis or Fallout 4 user. Bugger off.

So it's like first 1-2 fallouts but without companions and in metro ? What else i should know about this game ? Wonna try it out.

This game will fuck you in the ass and you will learn to like it

Am i suppose to run away from the ghost at the station or am i suppose the destroy the shadowlith? i have the juice but haven't gotten the torch yet.

Is there a time limit like in F1-2 ?

Nope

It shares some similarities with Fallout, but also with Deus Ex and System Shock 2. There are many different playstyles and stealth system is actually good.

Nope.

So, i can fuck off and do my things ? I don't need to rush main storyline ? There is one right ?
Ooh sounds good.

Bre, The Torch is the only way to fuck em up. Go to the graveyard and get that shit otherwise, yes, you can be a pussy bitch and run away.

Then run. You can destroy the ghosts, but they'll just keep coming unless you destroy the source. And you can't without the torch.

What do I do with my life now that I've finished it?

Run it again? I feel so empty.

There is a main storyline but outside of the first segment until Depot A it's fairly secondary, in theory you could do about 70% of the game in any order without bothering with a single part of main quest until you have nothing to do anymore.

The graveyard is that place next to the muties that have a rock with red symbols on it right?

Reroll a new build that's fundamentally different to your last one

If I manage to convince the weeb that I do not have the item, does he return later?

There is a main storyline and you don't have to rush it. Actually, you'll never get the full picture if you ignore side-content.

Go outside for a walk. Dominate any mugger who fucks you up. Skin the neighbours dog and make leather armor out of it. Learn to make homemade napalm with gasoline, smashed foam pellets and a bit of salt and join a revolution to get arrested. Go shoot frogs for fun, shit I dunno bre.

Yeah for the most part you can fuck off and do a lot of exploring without any problem, however you will eventually need to do quests in order to progress into the game to gain access to more quests, parts of the map, traders, more exp and fights
But this game encourages exploration, specially in Oddity exp system

Sounds very interesting, thank you guys.

user, its full of fucking bones, its a bit hard for you not to know where the boneard is. Go north and keep going left, if you reached a temple entrance, you went too much to the left, you found the sub area, way too much to the right davai.

>Actually, you'll never get the full picture if you ignore side-content.
And it's very easy to miss content.

I missed the whole Jack Quicksilver questline as I didn't do his quest in the intro. He never spoke to me again after that beyond idle text bubbles.

Thanks mate, guess ill have to take the sub back

That shouldn't have been a problem. Jack's initial quest at SGS is optional, you only have to do Abram's quests to get his later quests.

Godspeed. I really fucking hope you know where the Shard is user, the Ferrymen or Yngwar should have told you. If you dont know, ill pray for your fucking soul, cause that area is a bitch. Desecrate the least possible, run like your life depends on it, because it fucking does, and get the bone crank. That is a place of fucking Evil. Rush it.

I also said no to him because he seemed shady as fuck. Christ, I am retarded.

Attached: jazz_music_stops.jpg (540x720, 53K)

Yeah. Sorry.

Is there any voice acting ? Just wondering, don't care if it has any.

>Is there any voice acting ?
None.

I just went in with an assault rifle and two adrenaline shots.

I play on normal though.

Nope, none. Unless you count some ambient human sounds in the background, a bit of chanting in the music, and one NPC's panting. That last one actually never stopped bothering me.

Talk to Eustace about the Ferryman and his trinkets
Talk to the Ferryman, he will tell you a story related to that trinket
REMENBER THE BODYPART HE TELLS YOU
Acid burn it in your memory

Desecreate the least amount of tombs, each one angers the restless spirits more
Have infused cave hopper gear, bumrush it with Sprint
Find a bone lever somewhere in that vast place, do it fast, because youre not alone in that place

How is ost ?

Not him but I didn't do the first SGS quest either and I only get a "oh, you look familiar" when I see him in CC

Ranges from 'okay' to 'pretty fucking good'

user, it's made by a couple of slavs with zero money.

Sounds great ha ha

Generally good and sometimes really great. The composer was given very detailed descriptions from the devs so the atmosphere is always fitting.

you tell me user
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVexHHhh4A
youtube.com/watch?v=1iTyVoet9w0
youtube.com/watch?v=72kB3UR5nnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-MG6S7Ynld0
youtube.com/watch?v=fyKffM5KkBY

The Junkyard music reminds a lot of the Den track from fallout 2

But have you found Abram in Core City? You have to talk to him first, and then he'll send you to Jack.

I've had enough of Sans, thank you. I don't need his fucking RPG.

Nah I haven't searched him out yet. I'll give it a shot next time I play.

He's in Junkyard brotendo

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Abram

th....thanks breh, and i though the medical center is scary enough

We arent joking user. Do not linger. Or they /will/ get you.You cannot savescum there user. You cant undo.

Run.

Read that page again.

You are really having fun with this aren't you, user?

Expose my weakest point to a Handmaiden.
Stick it into her butt.
Break her with my bare dick.
Create some repair kits from her remains.

Attached: Untitled1.png (277x162, 66K)

Weakest point as in your ass, zoner, those northerners are obviously into chicks with dicks

Of course,

The more I hear about the North Underrail, the more I like it.

APEX HARDCORE

-can only be unlocked after beating the game on DOMINATING
-items sold are worth 10% their regular price
-carrying capacity reduced by 50%
-can't drop items from your inventory for free (can still drop equipped weapons for free)
-grenade cooldowns are increased by 1 turn
-high efficiency energy converters nerfed to regenerating x% of energy lost to damage, at y% per round
-toxic gas simply deals bio damage each round/if moved through; no damage multiplication
-caltrops/flares draw attention, caltrops provoke hostilities
-using psi abilities from 1 school will increase the action point cost of psi abilities from other schools
-forcefield functions as an energy shield against ranged attacks and has a certain amount of hp against melee attacks before failing
(dependent on skill)
-all npc's have 30% greater detection & trap detection (bosses have 50% greater)
-bear traps dont function if they deal no damage, stronger enemies have shorter durations, and spotted traps use your traps skill vs their dodge

Attached: fex'd.png (1270x949, 1.31M)

WE GOING HOME

-some enemies (typically knife-users) will have black dragon throwing knives/crossbow bolts, and such traps can also be found
-trap location and type is somewhat random
-enemy placement is somewhat random
-npc's that spot traps or corpses will turn orange and search the map (and pull alarms, if any)
-if spotted, all hostile npc's on that map will never turn back to green; yellow minimum
-npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
-most hostile npc's, if they can't attack you on their current turn, will instead head for cover or distance
-if you are seen entering stealth in a controlled or partially controlled map, npc's will turn hostile
-each of the five tribal invasions will be lead by a boss tribal; old ice guy first, then eldran, then bone guy, then oyensorm, then magnar
-Tchort will resurrect after a few turns as long as at least one mutagen tank is still active; how long depends on how many are active

I think it would be neat if you entered DC with no gear and had to scavenge, but at the same time it's not right to lose all your previous gear and I don't know when or how you'd get it back.

Attached: musheets.png (451x825, 536K)

Were we in Tratischevo?

Attached: 20190905160013_1.png (1920x1080, 591K)

You think you do. But consider this.
>Hexagon is a gigantic tower of ultra fucked up gangs that both peddle ridiculous tech and rip it off people brutaly for cash
>tech so advanced that its ooc question that XR is Acorn/Godmen tier
>Beyond fucking rich and "civilized" but still full of people that resent Protectorate, to the point they fund constant terrorist cells, which get countered by ultra spec ops deathsquads
>Alongside protectorate who fund gangs and shit to destabilize regions, you have tons of political intrigue, serious allegiance playing, to the point even Marcus needed a few favours just to not get personell'd by fuckers like Aran
>Has entire spy networks constantly intruding into everything and anything and fuckers with superbodyarmor and laser katanas for fucks sakes
>absolutely gigantic, to the point a Southerner would usualy fucking mentaly break from being conditioned to small caverns instead of kilometers of open space above them
>full of pansy fucks
>full of ultra ilitaristic dudes
>beyond techy, so much so that civvie life is like our irl shit, boring as fuck
>NO ARENA
Its a goddamn mess bre. Gimme SouthRail for life.

Where do i actually get the lemurian spear?

Who knows, it's possible.

Ahem. FUCK MUSHROOM BREW, FUCK RIFTS AND FUCK GREY ARMY.

Port crag. To to the east pirate base, murder em all, go through the metal bars, see the passage, go near the gate. Bring a blast cloth armor, balaclava and tabis.

>stealthlet

>>Hexagon is a gigantic tower of ultra fucked up gangs that both peddle ridiculous tech and rip it off people brutaly for cash
So, it's Core City, but nice to look at. I like it.

>>tech so advanced that its ooc question that XR is Acorn/Godmen tier
Radical. I want to know the secrets of XR, though I guess that probably means it's too complicated to comprehend.

>>Beyond fucking rich and "civilized" but still full of people that resent Protectorate, to the point they fund constant terrorist cells, which get countered by ultra spec ops deathsquads
So people slaughter each other in style, rather than the Southern rathound-wearing retards.

>>Alongside protectorate who fund gangs and shit to destabilize regions, you have tons of political intrigue, serious allegiance playing, to the point even Marcus needed a few favours just to not get personell'd by fuckers like Aran
Hell yeah politics.

>>Has entire spy networks constantly intruding into everything and anything and fuckers with superbodyarmor and laser katanas for fucks sakes
So it's Oculus, but gay. Have you never dreamed of filling up some weeb with shotgun pellets? Now that dream can be reality.

>>absolutely gigantic, to the point a Southerner would usualy fucking mentaly break from being conditioned to small caverns instead of kilometers of open space above them
God I'm so wet right now.

>>full of pansy fucks
Eh, that's life.

>>full of ultra ilitaristic dudes
Also daddies who'd choke me out.

>>beyond techy, so much so that civvie life is like our irl shit, boring as fuck
You sound like a Hacklet.

>>NO ARENA
You KNOW the XR has stuff that's way cooler than the arena.

>You KNOW the XR has stuff that's way cooler than the arena.
Or at least things you would find way cooler than the Arena, I guess.

Attached: xr.png (1241x251, 27K)

what the fuck is xr

I'm coming up with my character for my first playthrough which will be on hard/oddities, any suggestions on which of these approaches will be the most fun?

1. Fast Sword boy, high strength, dex, agility with the idea of just getting up in people's shit with a machete and throwing grenades to Allahu Akbar some motherfuckers.

2. Spear juggernaut, super-heavy armor, high con, use spears and I'm not sure how the mechanics work together, should I use spear and riot shield? Should I ever get the spear throwing feat?

3. Sneaky stealy shotgun hobo

Attached: c8a44bb103d4cd41c481c83ebd0bd7bb.jpg (1692x1000, 178K)

VR but more harcore.

The future plot device of Underrail 2.

>1. Fast Sword boy
You mean fast F9 boy.
>2. Spear juggernaut, super-heavy armor,
Metal Armors don't have shield, and the stat spread is not the best if you want to use spear throws, riot armor with shield is a better option in that case.
>3. Sneaky stealy shotgun hobo
Shotties can't be silenced so you won't be sneaky at all, consider that Shotguns don't really need many feats to be good so it's best to couple them with something else, knives especially if you want to be sneaky.

It's VR but you can get your dick sucked by a virtual anime girl

I'd just like a warm hug ;_;

take your sad sack sob story outta here, pipeworker

Blast cloth i understand, but why balaclava?

More like it's VR, but you can experience the rathound /psi beetle /crawler dicking with none of the problems.

Is a sneaky knife build viable in this game at all? I did well with it until Depot A

1. So it's just plain non-viable on hard?
2. Wait so, riot armor, riot shield, and spear would work? Or literally just riot shield and armor? What would work with throwing spears?
3. I'm starting to like the idea of a psychotic hobo who sneaks around stealing shit from good people, cutting the throats of bad people, and blowing away anyone that finds him with a shotgun to be appealing.

Thanks for help

Attached: hobo-with-a-shotgun.jpg (736x589, 137K)

I cleared the base game with it on hard, it's definitely viable

>1. So it's just plain non-viable on hard?
It's perfectly viable. Add in tempo manipulation and on hard it's almost ironman viable.

>1. So it's just plain non-viable on hard?
It's just a joke about the notorious 95% hit chance, it's more than enough viable even on hard.
>2. Wait so, riot armor, riot shield, and spear would work?
Definitely, you'll need to invest in the Iron Grip feat though, so bear that in mind.
>What would work with throwing spears?
A Metal Armor, or a Riot Armor without a shield, throwing your spear also requires you to put point in the throwing skill, which is good since it lets you lob grenades and other stuff like nets which are integral utilities for any build, especially a melee build, also remember that once you throw your spear you have to trek there and pick that up again.
>I'm starting to like the idea of a psychotic hobo who sneaks around stealing shit from good people
There are very few good people in Underrail.

Play as a hammer wizard

Play as a shotgun wizard.

>I cast 'Boomstick'

Skinner doesnt work on Infused Leather user
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Skinner

Fug, oh well, good thing I kept it for later, thanks user.
Guess I'll have to invest in something else then.

Play as a spear wizard.

Play as a wizard wizard

>RPG of the decade Edition

>mfw Age of Decadence stole its thunder

Attached: ambushed.jpg (166x180, 15K)

Play as a pacifist. Now

Quite the opposite, but this was barely enough.

>snuck into that one research facility with the plasma spiders to nip me a sneaky power fist almost immediately after Depot A
i am punch man, puncher of dicks
also nobody fucking told me telekinetic proxy also doubles your force emission damage, holy shit

Attached: 1547446890847.gif (500x281, 1.45M)

This, but in a game that at least somewhat allows such a playstyle.

Blast cloth balaclava. Also blast cloth tabis. They make you very, very tanky. If you ever want to equaly dab on bullets, kevlar tac vests, kev balaclaca and kev tabis.

>base game is 2GB
>expedition is 6GB

this game has no voice acting, is this mostly new graphics for new areas?

Graphics for enviorement, icons, songs, new map areas, weapons, poisons, graphical effects, so on. Big shit.

atom wasnt even the RPG of the month, jokester.

Can't wait to see how large a completionist save file will grow by the time Styg is done with this game.

>save file will grow
so is *that* kind of save file

I like how everyone in Oculus doesnt care if you rift in the middle if the crowd

Whoops, didnt mean to reply

Six seems to rift all of the time so they're probably used to it

It's the only rift in the game not placed in a secluded spot too.

PSI abilities are fucking gay and I hate them.

I don't even think you've lived a decade, turd-boy

bullshit the forgrip goes under the front part of most guns, NERD

>RPG of the decade Edition
how so?

>finally going to have enough Chemistry to make some MK4 nades
>starting to actually have some real napalm nades
>finally found the gas nade blueprint in the Tchortfags base

I am become death, nader of worlds.

>weasel my way into Tchort organization
>okay time to get my CUBE
>10 quests later and I have no idea where CUBE is

what the fuck I don't actually WANT to be a cultist

>I don't actually WANT to be a cultist
Too late now. Tchort is evolution, brother.

Only Rash notices your rifts. The oculites are either blinder than a cavebat or they have seen wilder shit and don't give a fuck.

>>finally found the gas nade blueprint in the Tchortfags base
wait, what? are you doing some special no-blueprint purchasing run? you can get it from Quinton at level 1.

How do I open the gate in the west of the basement?

I kinda like them, I mean most people inside seem like they're not 100% drinking the kool-aid and genuinely think the Tchorts are trying to do the right thing. The higher-ups and guards are probably the most indoctrinated, but the rest of the facility has some relatively normal people.

>wait, what? are you doing some special no-blueprint purchasing run? you can get it from Quinton at level 1.

please fucking kill me, how in the fuck did I miss that ? how in the fuck did nobody else sell it at any point ? how have I not just randomly found it yet ? JESUS FUCK

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (381x498, 84K)

If you can't then you don't, that tunnel has already collapsed.

I forgot who Quinton even was, god damn I am a retard... well now I have THE BRAP, so time to fuck some shit up.

Should I have done the quests in some other order or what? There's red transfer area behind the door, not some collapsed tunnel.

your unintentional gameplay style inspires me. I'll need to do some wiki-diving to see if there are enough/any guaranteed blueprint drops, but I may do something similar.
I wonder what a total list of static drops in UnderRail looks like. Every unique, obviously, but what else

>but I may do something similar.
How does that work? You just pretend to be a perceptionlet?

Whats the point of crafting a tactical vest over metal armor? When you add plates, it has almost the same armor penelty. But less protection. Am i missing something?

You can use items other than metal plates

>Whats the point of crafting a tactical vest over metal armor?
Lighter, different mods like beetle carapace for psionic boosts.

It's not about order, but a very specific condition. That door doesn't have a lock, only the pirates can open it. And they do when they kidnap Oldfield, but then the tunnel collapses. So the way to have that the kidnapping has to happen, but it has to be stopped. Or maybe there's another way, but that's the only one I know.

im trying to avoid looking anything up unless I'm really stuck

There's some different armor plates you can put into vest that I don't think fit into metal armor. I like the Nanocomposite, it's really light on top of the other armor, so in the end with maybe some black cloth, its only 25% penalty.

holy fuck he sells magnesium powder too, FUCK

Attached: abstractGODDAMMIT.jpg (512x512, 26K)

So it's possible to intercept the kidnappers in port craig instead of main pirate base?

This is my current Hoplite build. Should I get shield arm for BIG bashes, get melee feats for spear like Impale, Sweep and expose weakness, grab a side sword for decapitate and maybe flurry or cheap shots?

Dunno how should I focus this.

Attached: 069237d324877058b7ff4f660a84d172.png (963x935, 81K)

Aegis can stop it if they know it's going to happen. But it can only be done with pickpocketing. So yeah, it's a really specific thing. Like a dozen stars have to align.

Get will to 3 and con to 7 for juggernaut since you'll definitely be over 50% armor pen. int at 5 is interesting for expose weakness but not crafting feats.
Oh, you took psi emp. Nevermind, I have no idea how to square the base stat needs of a spear with will investment at all

Honestly I wasn't planning on getting any psi feats for the first half. They're more utility and control than anything else.
My question was if I should focus my damage on the spear or get a sword too.
Also it's normal so don't worry too much about minmaxing. It's true I fucked up with juggernaut, tho. But I got opportunist on it's place so it's k.

Why does everyone here jerk off over Opportunist? Why would you stun people with grenades when you can light them on fire?

Because it works with traps and nets and that's basically 2 turns of 25% bonus damage. Pretty fucking sweet if you ask me for a lvl 1 feat.

Because fire doesn't really hurt that much

The united nations just sounds like a destabilized modern day country.
South Underrail is a post apocalyptic wasteland where you have a solid chance of being murder or eaten just trying to get breakfast in the morning.

>Why would you stun people with grenades
So you can deal around 2000 hp worth of damage on multiple targets with your customized electric/chempistol.

It inflicts fear though which is amazing.

Also you're gay and fat.

nah, juggernaut isn't missed until probably around depot A or later, 6 or so, because speed is god on the earlier quests. With psi, you can play around a fence for the outposts, you can probably one-round most of the enemies in GMS, you need to get in melee range of beetles for Newton, blah blah. damage avoidance > mitigation early game, for sure

Honestly you could set UnderRail 2 in a single north underrail city, like X-Com Apocalypse to X-Com 1

Half the enemies in the game have antithermic overcoats, which makes my cryo-chem pistol happy

Fuck off homophobic fatophobic nazi

How are shotguns in this game? I wanted to go full psi for a first playthrough but I play mages in every single fucking game and it's getting boring. I feel like I would really enjoy a jury-rigger hunter with a shotgun

But nets cost AP and only work on one enemy.

>electric/chempistol
What makes them so powerful? Their damage seems shit yet that's another thing you guys jerk off over.
Also they're kinda gay looking.

>Half the enemies in the game have antithermic overcoats
Is this on hard or Ladelman difficulty? On normal almost no one used them.

they're everywhere even on easy wtf

I was burning everyone on normal bre.

A good amount of enemies are immune to molotov fear, it only has a 50% chance to land, and feared enemies don't lose dodge/evasion like stunned/incapacitated/short-circuted/immobilized do

Why is Expedition the ultimate proof that any ranged build is paltry in comparison to the might of a good melee build?

Everyone says it's massively biased towards PSI. Give me your knowledge.

>expedition
>melee
Enjoy not being unable to do anything except die to sea wyrms in the swamp.

So I tried this game a while back before the expansion and didn't have much time to play it, now I do and I'm rerolling a new character, what build is going to be generally painless for the early game?

when minmaxing your crafting stats to hit breakpoints, is the correct method to account for +3 int from food/drugs and +15% skill from workbench? not sure if im missing anything.

>What makes them so powerful?
Their feats and high INT.
Non ballistic pistols are pretty broken really.

>what build is going to be generally painless for the early game?
psi

Ranged builds suffer from one thing throughout the entire DLC, the inability to solo hordes without some amount of cheese on the regular difficulties. Sure, melee chars will often get netted and swarmed but they're the most well equipped for handling entire crowds of enemies without utilities due to their lower than average AP usage and special abilities. It's the same in the base game. Without burst, ARs and SMGs are useless. There are too many enemies to really trust in plasma pistols or laser pistols' excellent single-enemy focus. Shotguns are usable but only if you have a shit ton of ammo. Chem pistols are good but won't save you in the end with their usual two-shot maximum.

Also, there's nothing more satisfying than beating hordes of bone weapon wielding savages that value strength to death with your bare fucking hands.

That's not entirely true.
Magic phrase: Sea Wyrms

t. hammer magician

>not using poisoned throwing knives to stun, stack poison damage, and kill them
lol

Do actually throwing knifes pierce their armour?

I wish Underrail had a more sci-fi font. Or at least a less ugly font. And by less ugly I mean sans-serif because mother of fuck who thought serif would be thematically fitting?

>Chem pistols are good but won't save you in the end with their usual two-shot maximum.
And that's how I know you are talking out of your ass and don't really know shit. So shut your whore mouth and stop spouting uninformed bullshit.
Base chem pistol cost is 25. So it's down to 18 with 14 DEX and down to 14 with belt. With 70 AP that's 5 shots. Or 3 shots and cooked shot. Or 3 shots, cooked shot and point shot.
Chem with energy weapons are the second most powerful archetype.

>throwing
>"""""melee""""" build
Oh you're one of those scrubs who solves all problems with crutches like grenades/traps

Nah, I have throwing maxed for nets on boss enemies. I'm play on dominating, it's practically a necessity.

If you're not using utilities then what do you do? Just F9 until you get the right amount of luck to kill everything fast enough and without too many misses?

lol, what crippling overspecialization

How are you not 60 yet? Rag is already down same with onyxia and you're still not 60?

isnt specializing into their primary means of killing enemies is what most builds do?

A lot, yes. Well-balance builds typically try and invest in other shit than that, though.

>If you're not using utilities then what do you do?
You should already know the answer to that.

Attached: onii~chan.png (100x100, 2K)

Im so HYPED for Fortnite 2

So you play on easy or normal then?

This game has been intriguing me for too long, one last question : how autistic do I have to be with my build?
Can I build some roguish type with powers on the side if there's any and be viable or should I optimise the fuck out of my character if I don't want to be raped with a rake by the first enemy I see?

Graphicfags are the lowest form of human being. Either criticise the visual and art design or get out of my face.

Yes and no, you need to be strong on what you do but also you need to cover for your weaknesses

I quite liked the original font but everyone on the official forums complained and it got changed to sans-serif

Attached: 1452581828087.png (1300x842, 684K)

>how autistic do I have to be with my build?
On normal difficulty, it's pretty laidback and you can do the game with some effort
On hard difficulty, the game gets toughter and you need to know what you do, it does give some space to try different stuff with a rigorous test but is a little bit more demanding
On dominating, you need to be highly autistic and know EXACLY what you're doing, for a bad build will basically soft-lock you out of the game if you fuck up

Almost happened to me on Dominating

How viable is it to just make a walking tank with a shotgun?

oh yeah let me just throw knives for 20 turns in a row that surely sounds much more efficient than just spraying them down in 1 turn.

I'm a hammer tin can so I cant say much, but I can tell it will leave you really tin on base stat points, as you need to put points on STR for the heavy metal armor, thus also put on CON, but also put points on AGI for Sprint, PER for your gun skills which will leave you quite overextended

>how autistic do I have to be with my build?
Not much, you just need to hyperspecialize on dominating, which isn't really hard as much as it is boring.
Even on Hard, as long as you specialize a little bit you're going to have a relatively easy time outside of some nasty surprises here and there you won't be able to deal with due to lack of knowledge.

Perfect, thanks for the answer.

>for a bad build will basically soft-lock you out of the game if you fuck up
or just throw napalm at all your problems

I'm getting nightmares imagining myself playing a melee build during the expedition, how the fuck do you deal with the hordes of robots and plasma turrets that can zap you from out of your sight range?

Well then, I will just make a basic bitch guns build. I'm getting ready for a first playthrough and don't know how to build your character for shit

I wish I could post my Dominating 'Find Nevil' screenshot right now

Using guns on the early game is a slog, play a psi monk instead, you'll be dropping zoners left and right with your bare hands and brainpower

Psi feels like a pussy way to play and takes away the scavenger feel.

tryhard

>how the fuck do you deal with the hordes of robots and plasma turrets that can zap you from out of your sight range?
30 EMP MK III nades
Shitloads of HE nades
Thunder hammer
High high shields
Sprint
Psychokinesis
Corner picking and hiding behind cover (Force Field and Disruptive fields were a godbless)
Shitloads of HP
Last Stand

The current font is not sans-serif, it's some unholy bastard that mostly is, except for i, l, f and r and for some almost invisible tiny little tick on a, u, and d. It's so ugly it's beyond belief.

They are only strong when you craft them.

Normally the ones found in the game are hot garbage since no bonus from crafting feats or special components

>Psi feels like a pussy way to play
Learn to have fun for once, user
>takes away the scavenger feel
How does that has anything to do with Psi?

I'm kind of shocked that this cheap indie meme is turning out to be one of the best games I've ever played. Something about the min maxing and difficulty really appeals to my personal strain of autism. I wish we got more titles like this.

If the game's good it's good, cheap or not.

>meme
Cease

I bought the DLC after the first hour. I just had a feeling about it.

to reddit

I felt the same way when I was starting out but the scavenging aspect mostly comes from oddities. Ammo is plentiful once you get past the first few hours of the game.

lol, enjoy your acide

>most well equipped for handling entire crowds of enemies without utilities due to their lower than average AP usage and special abilities.
cyкa блять I may be able to dab on spiders with my spear and shield but my fucking AP usage is still high as fuck, I may be doing between 100 and 200 or so damage per stab but I am getting dabbed on by crossbow men and shit. Lower than average AP use? Special Abilities? кpeтин All I have is impale to deal with psi crabs and sweep that is ignorred by strongmen, it dabs on spiders, sure, but what the fuck doesnt?

I still get shat on by plasma turrets, I still get fucked by rock throwing handymen, I still manage to get dabbed on by psions. Melee dudes arent end all be all. Fucking wish they were, but they are certainly not.

You can mix psi with spears, but I would suggest telekinesis and TM over TC

TC requires investment to remain useful, for the other 2 you just need enough to use the big cc and AoD spells

>Chem pistols are good but won't save you in the end with their usual two-shot maximum.
I just read this. Holy fucking laMAO.

Two shots? You moron, I got it to fucking FIVE. FIVE, then one of them being an AOE, with around 70% chance to entangle for acid, then the extra 25% damage, then the 220% over turn to dab on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Not even mentioning ice or fire.

You are an idiot.

>spear and shield

There's your problem. By going shield, you've lost mobility and wasted feats that could be spent more on avoiding getting hit in the first place. Spear guard is all the guard you need.

With crippling overspecialization, dumbass.

Speaking of opportunist, does it proc off dazed? It's a slow effect, right?

Yup, it's also procs from wrestling, adding on to unarmed's crazy ass damage percentage buffs.

cooking up a chem pistol build right now, what was your stat spread? worth dipping into anything else (psi for instance) as a side ho or be faithful to pure chem?

>By going shield, you've lost mobility and wasted feats that could be spent more on avoiding getting hit in the first place. Spear guard is all the guard you need.
Listen here, you complete пpидypoк, have you ever heard of dabbing on anything melee, being imune to even sledge dudes, sneezing on dominating Foundry, shitting on Magnar with 700+ damage shield bashes for 0 ap (tungsten) and still being a chad that denies melee damage like a boss at 27% encumbrance with a simple psi beetle shield alone? What the fuck am I gonna dodge with just leather?
>Crippling
There are exactly 2 enemies in the game that deny acid, 3 if you count the worms. They do not deny fire or ice. In fact serpents get dabbed on hard by ice. It isnt cripling, you complete moron, its so strong I laughed at strongmen and everyone else.

What's a good side weapon for psi? Do I even need one?

The scavenger feel goes away extremely fast. By the times you reach your your low to mid teens you'll have all the ammo you could ever need, be decked out in vastly superior high tech gear than any npc, and your main limiting factor will be what's available for purchase rather than money.

People shit on psi as easy mode but it's mostly just easier to understand than other playstyles. Other builds can be just as broke and require less thought once you know what you're doing.

>What the fuck am I gonna dodge with just leather?
yeah, just don't get hit. You can spear throw for 2k+ damage to kill everything from range.

>Do I even need one?
Nope.

>New PoE league starts tomorrow
>Still not even close to done with Expedition, and not even remotely close to done with the base game

Attached: 1567350160646.png (700x698, 102K)

how many hours? not counting restarts

Maybe in the very beginning of the game when you're not stocked on psi boosters yet, but after that not really.

I steamrolled this game as a sniper
Then of course it all came to a grinding halt at the very end. Couldn't get past it so I gave up

Break, hopper leather and sprint. Also, hit and run for even more movement.

>yes sorry hello i am just a scavenger
>okay then we will take you to our raider boss so you're definitely dead instead of possibly dead
Did I fail that persuasion check or is persuasion just shit?

Well I have restarted twice and this is my 3rd character. However not counting that time I have like 60-70 hours in the game, I don't remember right now and can't check. I still have several major questlines to do (Fort Apogee, Tchortists, some of the core city quests), a lot of exploring to do (I have barely explored Upper UnderRail, haven't explored that much of lower UnderRail, or even the upper caves). In Expedition I haven't even started the questline, I am genociding the pirates right now.

Fire nades, flashbangs, throwing nets, EMP, brap nades
Are you hybrid or pure?

you passed but failed with the boss.

no such a thing as a pacifist run, kill em all

Alright, so this is the base for the build at level 1, use the build website and input this after, it thinks its spam.
?AQMKBQMJAwcPAAAAAAAADw8AAA8ADwAPAAAADwAADyZh378
3 str because you will be rocking nothing but smgs and chem pistols, 10 dex and you will pump this like an inflation porn just to get your maximized shots per round, Agi 5 because with this, and your high chemistry, which you should also get bio, you can use and abuse the fuck out of caltrops, which is not only handy for combat, but you also dont get fucked by your own acid and forced to use shit like siphoner gear 24/7, con 3 because no need for higher, 9 per so you dont miss shit and a few secrets easy, 3 will, rush your 75 temporal for stasis and shit, 7 int mad chemist.

I focus hard on getting my shit. Fixer is your fucking nigger for now, he is your fucking chad supplier and he will save your ass. Get a incendiary colector, use the refresh script if needed so you dont get cucked by rng vendor stocks, get money from Kolmeier and others to finance your shit. Focus on smgs on the very early game to be able to dab on niggers and with your high chem you can make magnesiums and shit, alongside higher tier grenades, and gas nades. Infinite caltrop works also help you.

Pump that fucking dex, I cannot stress it enough. If you can, rush the main quest till acid boys, kill em dead, get the -4ap belt. Get Occulus, get your high quality shit and pump out the fucking best pocket war crimes ever comitted. Opportunist is key because fucking mate, you can entangle people so easy, especialy with cooked shot. Add in mad chemist and bre, your build is almost finished in like 4 perks. After that, feel free to do whatever.

not that other guy, but if there's one thing you gotta know, it's your Dex breakpoints at AP/shot. Sometimes, it's lower for what you're looking for and you can pump Per for hit rate. Sometimes you want more Dex investment. Just look at the wiki for the Dex numbers and find your gun's AP cost

Could you share how you get 5 shots please?

Not the same user but i would do

str 3
dex 14+1 (5 shots with adrenaline)
agi 6 (sprint)
con 3 (fuck)
will 3
10 perc (basically the minimum you need to hit stuff)
7 int (mad chemist)

dipping into temporal distortion is really nice since it lets you spam cooked shot more

Essentialy what I said in , also adding in a good old eel sammich. Level one 10 dex is serious glass tank, but the thing about sure step and chem pistols is that it utterly fucks with anyone who tries to melee you.

Let me explain. People say blah blah iron boots. Shits heavy, offers no bonuses, to go fast you need springs, shit reduces stealth then, bad show, and if you shoot a guy with acid, you spray acid everywhere. That shit stacks, it stacks even harder if you are like me and use caltrops up the ass, due to 7 int you get boosted bio, since you want mechanics and chemistry always bio is even more boosted, crawler caltrops dominate, same as good old cave ears, then add in your fire, ice, molotovs and other shit you can craft with chem and you compensate for your shit. Joining protectorate gets you some seriously fucking solid armor if you gas the drones, which boosts your damage even more, for health, you can pack in a sturdy vest tec vest with whatever you have to deal with most folks.

It seems like its bad, but its good. Trust me.

shit, sounds glass cannon as fuck but I like it, I tried out the acid pistol on a laser/plasma pistol build and liked it a lot so I know how squeeze out the early game stuff. acid cooked shot makes everything die.

is the cryo gun good? I mean obviously it's good for a third option on things weak to ice but fuck me if I can never find a cryo collector, I don't even know what the on-hit effects are.

thanks for the spicy tips mate.

Not him, but it seems like Sure Step solves half of your problems

Cryo pistols are solid, do mech+cold damage, and have the clearest and simplest path to stockpiling ammo (imo) so you could use it as your "always on-hand" gun and switch to acid if you find something that needs acid/fire but very few things resist acid AND acid provides powerful cc, so cold has lost its niche imo.

How should I be putting my points into Technology if I want to use energy weapons and chem shit? Would getting Mechanics, Biology and/or Tailoring be spreading myself too thin?

You should have very solid INT, realistically every one of those stats, but your base stat bonus on your skills allow you to not necessarily MAX then every level and still have a high number

i get a serious chub every time i throw a war crime grenade on top of entangled/frozen enemies
theyre really handy vs enemies who are immune to burning.
energy builds tend to pump int so it should be easy for you to max all of them.

is 7 int solid int?

this shit is fucking broken
i have mk 4 grenades at depot A

Attached: high int.png (518x742, 54K)

It is. Much higher is honestly meme-build tier and is for people looking to get a whole bunch of extra damage from high technicalities.

ok good im not even that guy and im speccing into a tin can salt rifle build

>130 max carry weight
this gunna be some shit

Attached: 1554840106699.jpg (403x214, 30K)

>not being a 10INT Chad BTFOing ugly ass muties for thinking they're people
Plebe

Assuming that all parts are of level 160 quality, this is the effective crafting skill required.

energy shield: elec 166
energy weapon any: elec 128, mech 15
grenade V: mech 10, chem 112
leather armor: tail 128
leather armor w/ pad: tail 141
leather armor w/ coat: tail 141
leather armor w/ pad/coat: tail 154
leather boots: tail 128
seeker gogs: mech 76, elec 128
seeker nvg: mech 76, elec 145
smart gogs: mech 51, elec 147
smart nvg: mech 51, elec 164
tabi: tail 128

Again, all equipment was made with quality 160 parts for reference.

Don't forget, you can get a +15% to crafting skills with crafting benches in your house. Some parts don't go that high, like leather, or psi carapaces only going to 100~. So you'll need way less skill points invested. Lately, I've been finding items 160+ with high mercantile, so the points may need to be slightly higher.

but 5 int is the average, retard
7 int is smart

*Neural Overloads you*

10INT is Chad Dude-level INT for Psionic Gods and chad hybrids.

Pack rathound. Trust me, its worth it.

It's good amount for most characters who craft. 6 or 7 int is required for most crafting feats to add an extra oomph to your crafted gear. 8 is usually for psy users for better psi regen and energy weapon users since a crafting feat adds 8% damage per int point above 5.

Welcome to the INT gang, now get your lazah gun, dab on the arena and rustle jimmies in every conversation.

Why can't we gave a child ala Fallout 2 with Edstrom's daughter or that one spoiled rich brat or especially the isolated psi twins?

>psionigger
>calls other people mutants
all you biocorp-spawned freaks belong in the gas chamber

>my attempt at a sniper/thought control hybrid
how much of a zoner build is this?

Attached: 4ca39dd7dec5c3a54ec31dfb461fd6a6.png (471x851, 38K)

>he's dissing on based genetically superior Godman experiments
fucking psi-lets

Replace TC with Metathermics or Psychokinesis.

>all you
Refusing doc's red pill does not mean you are not a biocorp freak too

Reminder there's no place for psi-mutants in the future the Protectorate is leading us to, the pure, Aryan Underrail.
Psi-freaks forced us underground and they will pay for it.

Your superior officer is a black man, bre.

>Biocorp
Bitch please. Biocorp wouldn't be able to invent psionics if it was given a blueprint.

Race has nothing to do with skin colour.

>Joining protectorate gets you some seriously fucking solid armor
You can get it by wiping out CAU instead after joining Free Drones.

Attached: 1567279254136.png (360x49, 23K)

i thought that tc might be the best choice because it can spam crowd control between gun cooldowns and has synergy with neurovisual disruption and snipe

im also concerned about the low init and whether its worth taking stoicism that late

True. But this way you get to rock out with your acid bros and comit war crimes instead of just normal crime.

Literally what?

...what did he mean by this?

Sooo, I'm kinda stuck at Deep Caverns. I've repaired the door, but biomass is still there. I have gotten myself a Mycokardia, but I've no idea what to do with it. Wiki seems to suggest I need an organic processor, but I've no clue where it is. Please help, guys.

Attached: 1360146172982.png (776x602, 323K)

Greeks are white even though their skin is swarthy. Ashkenazi jews are not white even though their skin is pale.
And so on.

I'll give you a hint, it's perfectly possible that you need to go to Arke and power the place.

Yeah, but only niggers have black skin.

power on hollow earth
i believe it is in the area straight west of the faceless
in case my directions are wrong you'll see it there's a big gate with an electronic lock

You get power to the city and enter one of its buildings to then shove it into what I call a trully overtly glorified kitchen cook it all. It then shits you out like 5 plot grenades that really dick on the mutant enemies.

Ethiopians have black skin and they're honorary whites. One could make the same exceptions for the Zulus that fought the xh*sa dogs together with whites in South Africa.

>(((ethiopians)))
i will not fall for your tricks

You're kidding me, right? Let's not derail this thread.

Attached: HDI.png (279x38, 1K)

No, I am not kidding. And lets not.
But all fucking psi-faggots must fucking hang.

Time to choose, Yea Forums:
Jack
Zoner
Bre
Brother
Banga
Ratter

Jaaaaakke!

>mental breakdowns you
>stacks temporal shenanigans
>premeditation doppelganger
>stasis's self
Get zoned, Pipeworker.
Bre, of course.

>Bre is on the list
Bre.

Can't hear you from outside the gas chamber.

>Chugs juice
>Rapes the universe a new asshole and dabs out with Six

Brother.
And bre doesn't belong on that list.

And causes another apocalypse? What are you gonna do, go even further underground?

Son.

Based and Corepilled.

Now now bre, the apocalypse wasnt caused by Six. He has better shit to do than to fuck with people that to him are just ants. He isnt evil, just a very desperate, very tired, very stressed moon nigger.

Let's be real, if it came down to pvp then pure psi nigs would be worthless without a buddy to hold their hand. It'd just be jumping them from stealth, restealthing to make them waste their LoC, then popping them while they fire orbs all over the place trying to find you.

What is everyone's thoughts on the Deep Caverns portion of the game. I keep hearing mixed views on it compared to the rest of the game.

Psi can have stealth too, you know.

You won't have anywhere near as much detection as other builds.

user, this is funposting. This game is not made for PVP. If it was, everyone would be rocking the chad Invictus build.
Shit. Slow, a slog, bullshit at times, filled with stuff but open as fuck, restrictive, one big fucking dungeon and if you didnt just rush into the place full or killed Faceless, bre, you are in for a bad time.

>It'd just be jumping them from stealth, restealthing to make them waste their LoC
Forcefield can spot stealthed enemies

Attached: 1541259868073.png (1348x1172, 371K)

>misclick into own bear trap
>critical hit

_________F9_________

>click to move somewhere
>an enemy spotted you right before clicking and now you wasted all your AP

Attached: 1561410268947.gif (640x360, 1.61M)

It's my favorite area in the game. I love its puzzle-like structure, the enemy variety, the different new gimmicks you have to juggle, the Faceless reputation coming to fruition one way or another. And it nailed the atmosphere.

>Rock a full tungsten tank build
>Online Underrail happens
>Make a group of buddies
>Turns out they are all psi squishies that constantly hide behind the tin can and let him face the bullets
And I'd be okay with that

how do you open the huge gates between the surface areas in depot A with the electronic locks
i have completed this place like 6 times now and I've never touched them nor have any idea how to open them

Man the Free Drone questline just seems so poorly done.
>escalates way too quickly because you have to murder someone to join
>a lot of the missions have unavoidable enemies when they are supposed to be the "stealth" option of the two choices
>the final mission is a direct assault on tin cans and also completely negates a stealthier approach
>the spy is mentioned numerous times, yet isn't officially given as a quest where you can look for clues and shit, you just stumble on it

There's a security console.

>underrail threads after the review drops

Attached: anon in the wild.jpg (196x173, 13K)

Get sseth to post it already you... you double merchant

I don't get this complaint about the supposed stealth approach, I just went in guns blazing all the time, I also liked the whole spy deal, but that's just me.

what review?

>mfw too brainlet to think about builds
I just wanted to play a stealth dude with some mind control shit.

Attached: asd.png (500x537, 175K)

same, I don't know what to do

just play the game u fuckin retards

I don't understand how to build a character

just play the game u fuckin retard

PLAY THE GAME

will I be able to complete the game with a retarded shit build though

Pay no mind to shitposters. Maybe we can help.
What you're having trouble with?

why are you worrying about the end of the game when you haven't even played it
just play the fuckin game and you'll figure it out

no shame in playing on easy if you suck
or you can look up some strategy guides, game's few years old, there's plenty of them

Why, the dreaded upcoming SsethTzeentach™ Underrail review that will flood these threads with ssethbabs if not make us move to /vg/ and probably kill the game's website. Just like what happened to Starsector.

Just play and go with the flow. If something is not working try to fix it. Forget theory, learn from experience, react to the game. Don't reroll unless you want to or it's truly fucked beyond repair.

looking at the character creation and wondering what to do

ok

I just want to have fun

Attached: 1398318832627.jpg (688x624, 180K)

Is it confirmed he is reviewing Underrail? And when is it comming out?

is this the ultimate effect of wiki availability? people won't even boot up a game and click forward to try and figure anything out without truckloads of info crammed down their throat
Turn the game on, max TC, max melee, and click to see what happens. This is pathetic

i'll miss you guys after the sseth review comes out
these threads are going to filled with brainlets and we'll be forced to leave

>This is pathetic
I'm sorry, I will go now

Attached: 1374213817368.png (441x603, 1.02M)

>is this the ultimate effect of wiki availability?
To protect our future, we must kill the wiki!

pick a couple skills that sound cool to you. the only real important part if you're not playing on harder difficulties is that you don't spread yourself too thin. pick a few things and dump all your shit into them. pick the feats that are related to the stuff you dumped your shit in. boost the stats that are related to the things you dumped your shit in.

Okay let's walk you through it.
What you want to do? What you usually do in RPG games? What you'd like to do?

Stop being a fucking cunt holy shit

It'll be worse than brainlets. Brainlets just play and never ask what they're doing right/wrong. Threads will be filled with people who are incapable of making decisions on their own because they'll analysis-paralysis themselves to death.

Play psi and faceroll the game, just lvl up will and literally roflstomp without even trying

The Lobotomy Corp threads having been saying this same shit for weeks. Just shut the fuck up already.

Attached: 1508559618003.png (617x456, 216K)

Hey, that's that's me!
Honestly that's the reason I jumped into Underrail again. I played it first in like 2016 and barely progressed past SGS. Skip 3 years forward and here I am, hearing shit on the ether that Sseth is gonna make a video about it so I returned to the game to catch at list a little bit of the comfy Yea Forums threads the game has before it all goes to shit.

the fuck is a sseth is this one of those zoomercore twitch influencers or some gay shit like that?

i've looked at one of those threads and its just filled with waifuposting
they're dead

Zoomercore youtube influencer, but this one is /ourguy/ because he's racist and commissions furry porn with patreon money.

Stop shilling.

Chem pistol grenadier is better than psi most of the time. Fite me.

racism is so normie now, furry is disgusting and patreon is cancer not to mention he's a youtuber
Keep the change

Hey faggot, I was being ironic.
I know, I know, any kind of publicity is good publicity.

I will just wing it and play as far as I can

fuck everything, here I go

what the hell even is zoomercore

just lurk more

I won't. Chem went from kinda shit to god tier after Styg buffed it, and grenades were always good.

remember there's nothing wrong with restarting once you realize how shit your first build is or you come up with a cool idea you want to try
this game is more fun if you learn by experience

atta jack

can you not understand the etymology, pipeworker?

I'm getting too old to keep up with all the latest kiddie memes

not a kiddie meme, or even a meme, lurk more

That's the spirit.

>or even a meme
Yes it is. Calling millennials boomers and gen Z'ers zoomers are nothing but memes, and retarded ones at that.

yeah but zoomercore is not a meme, and you should relax for your own good

Hey Yea Forums, wanna hear a joke?

Mutie's rights?

we don't need to hear about your mom right now

Psi is hard?
Oddity>Classic?
Rathounds have rights?

Well here it goes: A drone walks into a bar and... gets shot! Get it? Because no one likes those faggots.

Here's a joke: normal pistols

lmao

Ahh look, a protectorate bootlicker in his natural habitat taking that spikey metal fist up his ass

Underrail 2 soon!

There were these spiderware games, about depths i forgot the name, they had some potential and charm but the combat didn't strike me as good as underrail.

I'm going to make a simple basic-bitch build for people who want to see some of the content and get their toes wet for the first couple hours of the game. This is a very simple build that's going to let you kill things, but will also show what you can't do as well as highlighting how to cover your deficits.

STR: 10
DEX: 3
AGI: 6
CON: 10
PER: 3
WIL: 3
INT: 5

This is a melee build that concentrates on getting next to people, hitting them with a hammer, and not dying. That 6 in AGI gets you access to a feat called Sprint, which is the single most important melee feat. The 10 CON gets you Thick Skull, which prevents stun and allows you to act at reduced action points instead.
We're not being optimal here, so for skills, you're going to max Melee, Dodge, Evasion, Mechanics, Tailoring, and then literally all the other points are yours to spend freely.
Leather armor crafting requires Tailoring, lets us move fast and far (which we want), lets us avoid damage via dodge and evasion (which we want), and is cheap and available (which is great for us).
A hammer means you never worry about ammo (fuck inventory management), means we can carry a shitload cuz of our high STR (which is great), and teaches us how to use corners and line-of-sight to get enemies to come to us (which is very important).
Being melee means we need to compensate for three problems: lack of range, lack of AoE, and lack of CC. Crafted hammers come with the option to add electric damage that bounces, so our Electronics skill is a great place to put some skill points. Grenades can be both CC and AoE, so some dabbling in Chemistry and Biology is useful once blueprints are found and crafting skill breakpoints recognized. Grenades are thrown, so Throwing is always recommended, despite our low Dex. One can't be good at everything, as our shit grenade tosses will remind us.
Go have fun and hit things. It's more fun playing/seeing what options you didn't pick vs talking about the options you could pick.

cringe
you're worse than wikifags

>cringe
cringe

He reviewed ELEX and pretty much nothing happened.

Because ELEX was too janky to play anyways.

okay i know probability is a fucking meme but i am starting to suspect some of these numbers may not in fact be painting an accurate picture

Attached: 1489696177495.jpg (300x300, 48K)

>Not suggesting hammer wizard build
Meh, guess I will do it later

Are you lvling up your Luck stat?

Oddity or Classic?

Oddity

It had broader mass appeal though. If ELEX was too janky to make a splash then Underrail will be too hard and low budget.

Classic is the patrician choice

oddity

Oddity

Finally. A good post.

oddity is ok for babby's 1rst run i guess
classic for the way the game is meant to be played

Fuck it I'm bored and haven't played an RPG in a while so I'll grab this. Any beginner tips or should I just fuck off out the thread?

Specialize. Stay, but beware of spoilers.

Oddity, as the dev wants

it's the other way around

Don't overthink your build just play the game and pick whatever makes sense to you and keep going or fall into a restarting loop like many of us did

So many advices can be heard, you need to ask about a little more specifics
The threads are unironically more helpful than the wiki

Bre, new people here all the time that can't see through your troll. Just stop and don't ruin their experience, bre

Here lurks the experience of hundreds of hours.

I got these many but I sincerely do not consider myself great at the game yet.

Attached: fun times bre fun times.jpg (256x120, 6K)

I want some new dipshit player to have as much health as possible and see clear drawbacks in their build.
Slapping psi on someone's first attempt at the game is going to invite them to actually complete the game with the sample build because psi has so much power behind it

You finished the game already, right user? :^)

>95 mercantile
>130 crafting with workbenches
youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4

Attached: macgyver.jpg (675x905, 122K)

What happened with that beginner pic? We used to have one with literally everything that needs to be known

How much int though?

10 at level 18.

Twice only. I wont lie, I love this game, but fuck me, while the music and the enviorements are neat as shit, Deep Caverns are so, so boring and demotivating. Call me a zoom zoom if you want, its just so tiring to do that superdungeon.

Attached: 1563847062622.png (371x373, 19K)

nice

I will assume that by now its overwhelmly outdated

You bet your ass it's nice, now it's time to hunt for 150+ quality electronics.

Dont worry user, many people hate DC
Youre not the only one

>first time on hard
>finding newton in psi beetle hell
jesus h. christ
looks like i'm going back to pick up some HE grenades

Attached: 1550990884260.jpg (781x661, 273K)

sitting at 931 hours and i just keep rerolling halfway through deep gaberns fug :DD

you meant molotovs right

Caltrops. Bear traps. Molotovs. Dont fall for the HE jew and remember. You can close doors. They cannot.
My condolences user. Found any good combos yet or still trying?

Understable, but keep in mind nobody wants to restart when they have 70 hours on a playthrough
First timer DC was a nightmare

Post anyway lets try updating. There were 2 i think

wait until you try it on dominating

it's the new depot A if depot A weren't already a fucking hell hole on dominating

how do I stop myself from taking so much ammo with me on every excursion?

Attached: undertale 3.png (312x156, 5K)

So, did Biocorp actually make psis or was it due to the aliens?

i've tried 3 different variations of no gay psi snipar+shotgun, i think this is my keeper for dominating at least
Want to try pure spear build at least once but on hard since melee kinda sucks on it's own

Aliens, the biocorp head of genetics straight up said that psionics developing in the human genome would literally take more than all the genetic processors in the world operating on maximum efficiency for the entirety of their existence.

We /assume/ its alien shit but Transcendix and shit already existed user. Psionics have been a thing BEFORE the colapse. It might just be we are just legit able to do psionics, but certain things like Doppelganger?Well, we might be seeing outselves from the Inbetween. And that motherfucking clone is not happy for us, so Psionics, atleast shit like mind control and temporal, fuck with the fabric of reality somewhat.
Tungsten spear with max str is very, very good user. Crafting with 5 int and other shit, critical power, cheap shots impale? Surprisingly good with shields for 0 ap specc'd shield shit.

Man I wish you could favorite your craft menu so they appear at the top or something. Finding stuff after learning a bunch of new recipes is tiring.

>of the month
keked loud. but wrong. it is a homage to Fallout1, 2. not bad at all.

+2 int from drugs, +3 skill from food, +15% base from house bonus. sadly there is no +int food

>so much ammo
you are little baby

Attached: file.png (685x606, 113K)

Thanks, STR based build that sounds extremely comfy for me as a 5 str shitter as far as i can remember. Caravan simulator gets boring at some point

Eh, I'll just go for a soldier with guns, explosives and intimidation for now.

This might sound like shit but uhh, use a script to force refresh vendors. There is 0 reason to be doing constant merchant runs when you in truth just waste time like that. You also do serious damage with spears to anything but a good psi crab.

just cheat in money and materials at that point
in fact why not just cheat yourself to the end cards

Don't shit on Atom, it's chill as fuck and the world building + banter is kino.

I think this is a good time to remind everyone that you can use the + and - buttons to control the time flow.
It goes up to speed 5 and it's useful for navigating big stations as well as waiting for merchants to restock (which do so every 90 minutes).

Because in truth, what do you sincerely get from delayed income? Even on 25% cash, you can always afford anything bar just supersteel ultra manufacturing. There is nothing to waiting an hour and a half to reroll the stock. There is nothing to it. No challenge, no fun, no mechanical depth, no illusion of change or complexity.

Its waiting. It is nothing but forced waiting. I will speed up the game as my super steel is cooking. I will reroll the shops until they sell me what I know they can sell but insist on not doing out of pure rng. That was never fun, that is never fair, and I can equalize the game. I can tolerate a lot of things, not that.

I passed on MacGyver as a kid because I heard the title as Meg Gyver and didn't want to watch an action series for girls. Was it good?

I use that loitering time to play other games and coom to drawn depictions of women.
Thanks for the advice though.

I will say just this:
15 Strenght and Heavy lifting belt: 280 kg carry capacity
With Pentapus BBQ, make it up to 305 kg
And you know whats hillarious?
With infused cave hopper leather you can craft tabi boots and leather armour, both will increase your moment speed outside and in combat, and reduce sprint cooldown

Imagine a huge retard with a nom'ing pentapus BBQ, carrying 300 kg worth of loot running at 200 k/h, with but one though in his mind:
'Coins'

have you considered that you're not supposed to be able to sell everything
have you considered that maybe it's intended for you to play other parts of the game instead of waiting

>Was it good?
It was dumb as shit like most 80's TV action shows like A-Team or Knight Rider, but it was that kind of dumb that does a 180° and becomes kinda cool.
I used to watch it when I was a little kid so I might have a bit of a skewed opinion on it, much like I do with some 90's shows, when you're a kid everything's awesome.

Have you considered that you can, its just timegated?
Have you considered I do play, but I get nothing but boredom by doing the same old merchant flipadip trip I have done over 100 times without any kind of exageration?
Have you considered there might be a reason for this line of thinking to exist?

>Have you considered that you can, its just timegated
why do you think it was designed this way>Have you considered I do play, but I get nothing but boredom by doing the same old merchant flipadip trip I have done over 100 times
you're putting yourself into these situations and you're blaming the game
why do you think playing the game is running laps between merchants
I only do that once and then I go accomplish my goals and come back when I'm done

Is 8.6 incendiary worth it? Does the damage stack for every bullet that hits?

I think rift positions is a pretty clear indication that it was meant to ease the pain of merchant runs

yes running to them is easier
that does not mean that you're intended to be able to sell everything otherwise he would've changed the restock mechanic

those are JHP
i have never used any of those special bullets so i have no idea

just how edgy can you get in this thing
also are psi powers like contractor abilities or literally just stock magic stuff but renamed

>why do you think it was designed this way
Its perfectly able to be done once you get a open world. Ive done it before several times, before Juice, before speed ups. Rifting has specificaly be done so you can even do it easier now.
>you're putting yourself into these situations and you're blaming the game
The game expects me to have money for the DLC and other items I require to be good. I will execute that expectation.
>why do you think playing the game is running laps between merchants
Loaded question, poisoned with heartbreaker venom.
>I only do that once and then I go accomplish my goals and come back when I'm done
Good for you. I play hard and require to dump my things and to acquire equipment.

I require the money, I wish the money. I need the components they rarely sell and I need to ditch my gun. 1 run, or twelve of them. The difference is one takes a half minute to speed sell, the other over a day of constant playing.

To be fair "literally impossible lol :D" is exactly what a New Biocorp scientist would say.

Well, my experience is you can fairly easily sell everything except organs and stuff like that. You can sell everything valuable for sure.

>have you considered that you're not supposed to be able to sell everything
I think Styg very clearly meant for shops to be part of the looting>selling loop, where you explore and then come back to sell stuff, which is why they have said refresh rate mechanics.
In theory it's not a bad idea, problem is that you very quickly end up caring about money more than bartering for items, so having a 400 charon threshold AND a timer that gates you out of money when you're looting more than Al Fabet on a good day ends up being more tedious than anything.
Especially when just four guns usually end up draining a clerk's liquidity, and there's stuff like house commodities, super steel and eventually jet skis that are humongous money drains, waiting just to get enough charons to get the stuff you want adds nothing to the game, especially for expert players, not to mention certain shops like the general shop in Core City that buy fucking nothing from you.

It's a good idea in theory, if we had four digit thresholds and/or cumulative refreshes on currency, but as it is now it's just a bad design that adds nothing, if anything it detracts from the game's pacing.

How do you get the Aegis Patroller anons?

You're the reason why Al Fabet exists, as a mockery of y'all

Steal one, kill someone riding one, or stay loyal to Aegis.

Do they eventually just give you one if you're loyal to Aegis?

If you're a girl you can ask Daddy Briggs for some special choking session, after which he'll give you one Aegis Patroller.

Ah, dominating

Attached: 20190905150129_1.jpg (1920x1080, 526K)

Where's Yahota?

look dude
I just beat a hard run yesterday
DLC and everything
the only thing I spent money on was like 6k in super steel and what is it like 8k for everything useful in the house
I was never anywhere near running out of money
I also was playing a crafting build
I don't know what you're doing that requires so much money

She got SCALED.

>No Caltrops
>No bear traps
>No gas nades
>No fire nades
>Hiding behind the lines
>Not tanking all the hits for your squishy allies
Disdain.

I dont request that the standard game vendors request and buy everything. But I am too far gone and did too many merchant runs to even remotely care about what others think, to be honest.

I will bypass it. If you wish to pretend to be hardcore and waste time, you are free to do so.
Exped drains my resources something fierce. Every single playthrough. Dont ask me how, I dont know myself.

Is it wrong to play on easy for a first time, anons?

Yep. And from what I remember it has better parts than the ones you can steel.

Very. Easy is an actual joke. The dev does not even attempt tp hide it, it is legit babby tier.

Dont forget to give yourself 999999 quality items and 99999999 hp on your way out

Forgot to do it after the initial horde attack, I'm not wasting my nades for filthy fucking northerners, and I'm not a tincan beyond just not having access to my super leathers yet.

Stay mad.

Attached: 1449140943087.gif (210x230, 1K)

Very. Play on normal.

now I'm not super familiar with all the paths you can take in the DLC
but does this make it so it's just better to abandon aegis immediately and side with the pirates? on dominating of course

It will teach you some very bad habits, at least play normal ironman

proof virgin gunners cannot match the melee chad

It's your call, but you are going to be very bored. Normal is good for an average inexperienced player.

Yes, like, fucking hell. Lore and getting choked by an ape of a nigga isn't worth it.

What kind of bad habits? I must be a shitter because I've had to cheese some parts.

You can trap the entire beach before they come in, so its not so bad. If you dont spend 70 bear traps and coat the entire place in caltrops with a few gas nades, you doing it wrong.

Not mad.
Just disappointed.

>cheese
there is no such thing
use any and every advantage you have available

>but does this make it so it's just better to abandon aegis immediately and side with the pirates? on dominating of course
Only if you're a weakling that cannot take the heat.

Be as dissapointed as you want. You have no actual argument agaisnt what I said or what I do besides muh hardcores.

Attached: 1504512834040.jpg (200x255, 7K)

>I've had to cheese
Those kinds of bad habits

Fair enough. I mostly just did the tactical retreat for Balor, switching between zones. And also making use of Joe de Pacino not being able to come get me while his goon was in the way.

I mean the opposite. Underrail is a very unfair game and it's meant to be beaten by using every advantage you can get. It's not a game where you just make a build and only ever do what your build is made to do

Thanks. I just feel like a shitter in that regard. Having heard about how unfair and difficult the game was, I went on Easy as I wanted to play a much more hybrid build without fucking myself horribly.

I BEAT UNDERRAIL WITH CHEATS
AND I FEEL FINE

Wow I didn't realize it's possible to reunite cliff and jenny without doctor, you just have to save jenny before cliff can bleed out

Danke mate. Keep em coming, maybe youl get an argument one of these days.

Attached: 1563111640949.jpg (715x658, 102K)

That still works? I thought Cliff now always bleeds out when you return.

How dare you play the game in a different way than me you're not allowed to enjoy things freely unless i curate them

Attached: 324523.jpg (318x318, 10K)