Wow this shit is mad disappointing damn

Wow this shit is mad disappointing damn

Attached: Astral-Chain_2019_05-15-19_Artwork-1-920x518.jpg (920x518, 160K)

Elaborate

I know, how could they not release this masterpiece on the PS4?

Yes. Yes it is.

The most egregious problems are:
>dodge is slow and terrible with no i-frames and years of recovery. If you dodge an attack you will almost certainly get hit in your recovery even if you cancel recovery into an attack or sync
>dodge also does not cancel anything, but it still buffers and will start when your current animation finishes, making it feel even slower
>enemies have assloads of hp, don't get hitstunned, have blindingly quick strikes without enough time between the tell and the strike, and the combination of these elements makes fights feel awkward and cqc heavily discouraged
>the art design they've gone with is way too busy, making anything and everything difficult to identify even out of battle
>the conveyance of how combat is meant to be played is terrible. Tutorials cover barely anything to the point people are asking how the fuck they use legion skills well after chapter 3, and your worst options are emphasized while your best options are buried in legion trees
>police work sections are extremely tedious

>police work sections are extremely tedious
They wanted to make it realistic user.

The narrative has a really cool premise and doesn't do anything with it. The characters suck and the silent protag really hurts the game. The combat has a TON of issues you don't expect from platinum. The lock on is awful, the framerate is in the 20s, the combat system is frustrating and clunky and it feels super disjointed and off.

>sonyfags COPING so hard they spam their copy pasta in multiple threads now
LOL

The intro of the game is so cool and mysterious with them tapping into this other world and chaining an entity into being a war slave and then they just never even address it again lmao

t. nier babies

Attached: 1567529990824.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Ironic considering Automata's designer directed this game, it's built on Automata's base, and a lot of its major flaws can be traced directly to Automata.

I just wanna say fuck chain jumping platform sections and fuck everything to do with the beast legion. Everything but those two parts are pretty good.

Something about the chain jumping made me overshoot a couple of times even though the legions indicator was fully on the ground.

Also stealth sections kinda sucked.

>HP isn't 100%
Wait a minute how did you take damage if dodging supposedly makes you invincible?

Yeah they seem to land behind the circle and slide slightly past it on landing. It gets real annoying when you have to make a couple leaps around corners.

Worst part of this is that you can shoot while doing it with no penalty. I don't think there's ever a reason NOT to be shooting in Automata, you may as well tape that button down.

I'm not generally one to talk shit and I'm pretty bad at games but honestly bro sounds to me you should use something besides the dodge button and stuns. Even I figured this out. Gotta wait for Bayo 3.

>>dodge is slow and terrible with no i-frames and years of recovery. If you dodge an attack you will almost certainly get hit in your recovery even if you cancel recovery into an attack or sync
most atacks are single swing that you can dodge into couteratack, longer strings give you enough time to sprint away if your close or just walk out of the way
>>dodge also does not cancel anything, but it still buffers and will start when your current animation finishes, making it feel even slower
Oh well the game is forcing you to commit to your action insted of giving you get out of jail free card so you need to think what you are doing insted of mashing.just dont mash
>>enemies have assloads of hp, don't get hitstunned, have blindingly quick strikes without enough time between the tell and the strike, and the combination of these elements makes fights feel awkward and cqc heavily discouraged
high HP ? did you even play the game ? smaller ennemies are dying after few strikes, medius chimeras are 2-3 combos
>>the art design they've gone with is way too busy, making anything and everything difficult to identify even out of battle
Yea art style is busy but they also added both VISUAL and SOUND cues for atacks
>>the conveyance of how combat is meant to be played is terrible. Tutorials cover barely anything to the point people are asking how the fuck they use legion skills well after chapter 3, and your worst options are emphasized while your best options are buried in legion trees
find a training room in HQ do all the programs , it tells you how to do shit, after that its up to you how you wanna use it in battle they gave you a training room with infinite sparing partners for a reason, good skils being locked in a skill tree is normal for any game its called progresion system its a norm
>>police work sections are extremely tedious
no point arguing i like that part

Post you game time im pretty sure you didnt played it for long or at all.

>the dodge feels sluggish and delayed because of a specific choice they made to buffer dodge inputs
>JUST STOP MASHING BRO
It's like I'm really talking to retards!
Thanks Yea Forums!

"Tutorials" means the HQ training...

>> but it still buffers and will start when your current animation finishes
you are clearly a masher here you said it yourself.
ofc it will feel slugish when you are trying to dodge during difrent animation.
If you need faster/longer dodge here are alternatives
input sprint and insta dodge that changes a sidestep into a long roll OR use your legion to pull you out from the shit you got yourself into.
but those are harder to do.

and again post in game time

Wait until case 3 when the combat opens up

well you need to be a fucking moron if you cant pice those skill together by yourself.

>it's ok for the game to just not tell you about your main offensive and defensive options
>it's reasonable that people don't even know the hold skills exist halfway into the game
Cool story

I fell for this lie, OP.
It gets broader but certainly not better
>just use the better options you must not know about despite explicitly mentioning them as the real options!
also
>This FEELS BAD because of the buffer, and it feeling bad is a failure of design
>just use something else!
I pray you're ESL

I still think that dodge isn't slugish that's your problem and i gave you and alternative solution.
As for not knowing those techs. well if you dont know that that your legion can pull you in you didnt event finished second file and unlocked it yet that's a core mechanic. So further conversation is pointless