Astral Chain

Enough console war fanboy bullshit.

This game is alright. Fair. Passable. It's not even remotely up to Platinum's standards.

The most egregious problems are:
>dodge is slow and terrible with no i-frames and years of recovery. If you dodge an attack you will almost certainly get hit in your recovery even if you cancel recovery into an attack or sync
>dodge also does not cancel anything, but it still buffers and will start when your current animation finishes, making it feel even slower
>enemies have assloads of hp, don't get hitstunned, have blindingly quick strikes without enough time between the tell and the strike, and the combination of these elements makes fights feel awkward and cqc heavily discouraged
>the art design they've gone with is way too busy, making anything and everything difficult to identify even out of battle
>the conveyance of how combat is meant to be played is terrible. Tutorials cover barely anything to the point people are asking how the fuck they use legion skills well after chapter 3, and your worst options are emphasized while your best options are buried in legion trees
>police work sections are extremely tedious

This game needed more time in the oven and a different designer

Attached: Astral-Chain_2019_05-15-19_Artwork.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XV5s94yy-xI
youtube.com/watch?v=vWIkZ1FEen4
gbatemp.net/threads/astral-chain-rom-hacking-bible.547050/page-2#post-8777070
nintendoeverything.com/astral-chain-sold-through-85-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/astral-chain-nintendo-action-rpg-legion-tedious-buttonmashing-journey-a9078936.html
twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1169032782535942149
twitter.com/HundredBurger/status/1169281695511699456
youtu.be/brmmV3g4qqo
imgur.com/a/vL4edct
twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1169032782535942149?s=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gitgud

Nah

>Dodge requires you to dodge rather than iframe through everything and requires you to study enemy patterns and time dodges correctly
>This is somehow bad
Git gud

>dodge has no i-frames
Good, I am tired of characters clipping through attacks or weapons in games because they have i-frames

Get good

>dodge being shit is a good thing!
Yeah, nah. It doesn't need to be Bayo good but the dodge in AC is literally detrimental. Using it, even "correctly," is likely to get you hit in recovery. You're better off running, chain jumping, perfect calling, doing literally anything else.
And that's fine - you can have a game without dodge - just don't put it in and highlight it as your main defensive option.

The poor dodge also doesn't play well with the fact that enemies don't get hitstunned. The game is conveying to the player that they should attack until a tell occurs then dodge away, then punishes the player for doing what it set them up to do. "Sorry, that button was a trap, the right answer was a chain jump and/or just not attacking yourself at all"

>literally needs to simply get good

How do I S+ the fucking investigation in chapter 2? I can't get more than S and I don't know how the score system works

The game is different from their other products. How about you learn it before you whine like a bitch that they decided to experiment?

I did. That's how I know to use PC and chain jump instead of dodge.

>different isn't bad
I never said it was, cocksleeve. Bad is bad.

I'm waiting to hear anyone actually challenge me on any of this

>This game needed more time in the oven and a different designer
>"They should've just made a different game lol"

Look, I want Bayo3 as much as the next guy, but this game is still fine

I had the same problem, it doesn't make any sense. You can guarantee you'll get it by ONLY getting the two keywords you need: examine the handprint and eavesdrop on the local cops' conversation. You get a big bonus for "Only the facts". It's really retarded but if you get every keyword possible you actually get less points in that instance.

I didn't have this problem with any other investigation section so I don't know what they were thinking.

>that enemies don't get hitstunned
This is my only problem with the dodge. I expect my counter attack to at least buy me some time to stun them, back out, or whatever but I get hit by their follow ups so often.

Cool strawman bro
Yeah the designer from Legend of Korra really was the right choice

Attached: dfg1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>fight douchebag in the hq training center
>no legions bro 1v1 me
>dodge his combo
>go to counterattack
>it hits him but he just attacks through it because it's so fucking slow and there's no hitstun
Did they playtest this game at all?
I feel like most of these issues would come up in testing

Is this that game I saw at the same direct that revealed Banjo-Kazooie? The one with the dramatic weeby voice acting, and something about aliens invading, then people possessed them and used them as soldiers like zoids or something? Or was that something else?

Attached: 1550850312227.png (370x320, 10K)

Thanks man, that shit was really bothering me.
I think it's a really dumb system, it makes pretty much impossible to S+ first try

It's the only investigation which is completely fucked up like that. I S+'d the rest of them the first go-round (except for one where I answered with the wrong thing) no problem, so I think they just messed up the score threshold on that one in particular.

Maybe try adapting, you retard

Don't worry, getting S+ in combat is just as roundabout and retarded
It basically consists of you going down a fucking checklist of moves

>dude just adapt by running in and out of range at timed intervals that's fun right
No, it isn't.
Stop pretending saying the game has tons of flaws is saying the game is hard. It's not.

Attached: Cognitive-Behaviorl-Therapist-2-300x200.jpg (300x200, 12K)

>REEEEEEE! JUST LET ME DODGE ONCE AND THEN SPAM A COMBO FOREVER!
No, actually try playing the game the way it is, not crying you can't to stupid shit.

Learn to read

Perfect dodging sets up sync attacks, retard.
If you need to dodge a multi hit attack, chain jump.

>Yeah, nah. It doesn't need to be Bayo good but the dodge in AC is literally detrimental. Using it, even "correctly," is likely to get you hit in recovery. You're better off running, chain jumping, perfect calling, doing literally anything else.

Dodge isn't all-powerful in this game, but you can easily list off options the game gives you to stay away from enemies and reposition. It encourages you to stay behind enemies for bonus damage. There are multiple abilities for stunning and disabling enemies. At a certain point you have to realize this is not a standard Platinum game and you're not supposed to stand in front of every enemy mashing out combos and using I-frames to avoid everything. Whar more should they do communicate that? I don't think the combat is without complaint, but harping on the dodge your clearly not intended to rely on is silly.

I think the prevelent super armor of some enemies is to insentivise ranged gameplay with the gun. Perfect call with arrow does fuckhueg damage as well.

Sounds like someone's just bad at video games.

>There are othet better options
Nigger I just fucking said that

>the dodge you're clearly not supposed to rely on
You and I have very different definitions of "clearly"

>stop harping on the dodge
It's literally the only point you turds will argue

>perfect dodge
>sync attack
>get hit because syncs take years, can't be cancelled, and there's no hitstun
A+ excellent suggestion

I was going to go through each point and tell you what a retard you are but came to the conclusion that you're playing it like Bayonetta and expecting dodge to be your one and only saving grace. It is not. Dodging is actually one of the worst things you can do for a lot of attacks and fights when perfect calling, chain jumping and chain binding exist.

Yes yes I know you played Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta 1 and 2 and now you think you're gods gift to platinum games but think outside the box and you'll get better. Hell the game itself is easily S+ rankable even if you take damage and die. The game's built around combo variation, not panic-spamming dodge and hoping your ebin counter-hits will do all the work for you and max your rank. Spend some time in the training facility, it's genuinely the best thing you can do.

Attached: 1566433446220.gif (543x306, 458K)

>you're playing it like Bayonetta and expecting dodge to be your one and only saving grace
Every one of you fucking morons says the same thing right after I tell them that chain jump and perfect call are the real defensive options.

I'm better at this game than you. It's still mediocre at best and extremely unpolished

You guys are using the 60fps mod, right?

>dodge also does not cancel anything
Seriously? Designing a game where you can’t interrupt an attack with a dodge should be a criminal act.

Because the only arguments you made were
>dodge bad
>enemy hard
>art style hurty wurty my eyes because colors are scawy
>tutorial confuses me
>i don't like thing
It's the only point anyone can actually talk about.

Do the Legions help the humans of their own free will?

>>stop harping on the dodge
>It's literally the only point you turds will argue

Combat arenas are designed poorly with crap you and your legion can get caught on. The skill tree locks off interesting combat options for too long. The camera can be loopy sometimes. The abilities subsystem is obnoxious extra layer. Legions get locked in animations that override activating skills and it's hard to read when they'll do what you want when you want or if they'll take their sweet time.

There, I'm willing to discuss flaws. Now can we admit the dodge is fine?

>OP makes actual arguments
>everyone else just tells him to "git gud" like mindless fanboys
It's nowhere near this bad with any other Platinum game. I wonder why?

>here are other flaws
>do they make the dodge and the conveyance around it ok?
No.

It was exactly this bad with Nier Automata.

Because other platinum games are tard-easy and this game has you playing as a tard-wrangler which requires a bit more finesse to do well at.

I'll give you a hint
It starts with an S and rhymes with "ditch"

Because dodges do have iframes and op is a massive retard

>you’re playing it like Bayonetta
>and Metal Gear Rising
>and DMC
>and Transformers
>and TW101
>and God Hand
I wonder why someone who likes action games would play it this way?

Surely it is their fault for buying a stylish spectacle action game and getting fucking Dark Souls with JoJo Stands.

finished chapter 4, but does Arrow have the best dodge sync attack?
Sword Perfect Call sync attack is probably also a good option

>I'M GUD THEREFORE MY OPINIONS ARE FACT

Attached: 15778434565.jpg (1064x884, 57K)

What the fuck is a Sitch

You miss my point entirely. You think something is ineffective as a design flaw. I think it's ineffective by design and the game is more interesting because it forces you to rely on other more interesting abilities. I guess we'll just have to disagree, but I'll let you make one more snarky non-arguement before stepping out so you can feel like you got me with a clever last retort.

Yes, it's ridiculously overtuned, does way more damage than everything else including Arrow perfect call.

>Trickster user
This actually explains everything

It’s how snotty 20-something valley girl white women say “situation”

How about jump, fucknuts? Jumping cancels every action and grants you i-frames, it’s kind of the core of DMC’s combat system. Hell, 90% of stylish play is built around jump cancelling, because cancelling attack animations is the key to technical combat.

Something else probably DxM the mech game

>Why the fuck can't I play dark souls like god of war they're both third person action games

Speed of Furret
youtu.be/XV5s94yy-xI

>You think something is ineffective as a design flaw
Wrong.
I think something that is focused on and conveyed to the player as a defensive option being useless is a failure in design. There's a difference.

If dodge weren't so heavily emphasized by the game or were situational instead of utterly worthless things would be dramatically improved.

Surprise: criticisms can go beyond "I CANT BEAT THIS" and high skill players can have valid complaints

Why the fuck would I not be pissed about getting Dark Souls when I bought a God of War game? AstralChain is a title by a studio that makes a specific kind of fast-paced action game over and over. It’s also a sci-fi anime about cops with shapeshifting gun batons and magical jojo stands fighting alien forces of evil, where every trailer showcases wackadoo-woohoo flippity dippity combat.

Why in the fuck, upon purchasing this title, would I not react with frustration about it being some weird half-baked mechanical clone of Dark Souls that has none of the core gameplay I expected? And by a similar token, why would it be bad for people to go onto places like Yea Forums and talk about this stuff, so that other people who are considering buying the game understand that what is on offer is not what they likely expect?

What went so fucking wrong?

Attached: 81AFAC35-AC44-4803-AE58-6C066E9E71BE.png (300x299, 32K)

Nothing

>AstralChain is a title by a studio that makes a specific kind of fast-paced action game over and over.
Even though they've gone on record saying they wanted to make something different to what they usually do. Sounds like you went in expecting Bayonetta 2.5 with Stand Cops and got buttflustered it wasn't what you wanted and betrayed by your own lack of foresight past a company name and because you've been trained to think that dodging is the best counter in any action game ever.
>where every trailer showcases wackadoo-woohoo flippity dippity combat.
That you can do. Quite easily in fact.

Go spend some time in the training facility user. You'll have that "click" moment.

Attached: 1485900282070.jpg (588x532, 69K)

Not at all, they're chimera that were captured, modified, then fitted with neurologically synched slave collars so they could be used as weapons.

I think you’re being needlessly harsh and have probably misunderstood how the game is meant to be played in some respects (in particular, the dodge is intentionally weak because you are supposed to be planning your escape ahead of time, not hitting the dodge button at the last second like in bayonetta), but you also have some valid points - I agree that there is a lot of visual noise that makes things unnecessarily difficult to process, for example.

>Go spend some time in the training facility user. You'll have that "click" moment.
Shit you don't even need ot train for that, the click moment should come at the end of File 02 when you're jumping in and out with sync attacks.

Test

STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DODGE IT'S ALL YOU MORONS TALK ABOUT

Git gud

You can turn off ui elements in settings

PlatinumGames trash is shallow and offers no challenge. Shocker. This totally hasn't been the trend for their past half dozen games or anything.

Because you counted God Hand in a previous I will also refer to Clover games. Now honestly tell me, do you really believe W101, God Hand, Okami, Bayo, MGR, Transformers, or VJ play the same? And why the fuck do you keep bringing up Dark Souls when this is a fast paced action game? The fact that you hate buffer dodges just means stop fucking mashing dodge, this isn't a thing astral chain invented. The fact that you want to constantly compare to Dark Souls just means you are straight up terrible. Get good, stop being retarded.

Thanks to this thread I've decided to buy this game

>the dodge has no iframes so it's like dark souls
you're a giant mongoloid

It's obvious OP played Bayo and MGR and watched a LP or somesuch of the other games he's using to defend his arguments with.

I understand how the combat is supposed to work and I know it's chain jump and perfect call that you should use defensively. The game does a terrible job conveying this and provides you with up-front and emphasized optionz that just don't work
It's almost like they built the whole game around the player having no attacks and relying solely on legions but then someone stepped in last-minute and said "no he needs attacks and a dodge"

Testing

>the fact that you hate buffer dodges
No, that was me. You're talking to multiple people.

>I understand how the combat works
>I know it's chain jump and perfect call that you should use defensively.
>This game is not even remotely up to Platinum's standards as a result
Pack it in OP.

ITT: Cope
Let's be honest, if literal Legend of Korra was a Nintendo exclusive it would be the best Platinum game ever too.

What part of the game are you even in? It sounds to me like you haven't unlocked anything or upgraded the baton for more moves or anything. Pretty much the main thing this game and other P* games have in common is unlocking moves the more you play.

It's funny because dark souls uses iframes

I agree they do a poor job of making it clear to the player that the dodge is not meant to be their go-to like in many other games.

Can we all agree that there’s nothing really wrong with the dodge being designed as it is, just in the lack of proper guidance given to the player concerning their evasive options?

The entire fucking problem is that it's NOT like Dark Souls, you can't just keep rolling into an enemy, you have to roll out of their attacks instead of through them

I like the Legion gameplay, would be cool if the camera liked it too.

Transformers > Bayo > 101 > Bayo 2 > Nier > Atral Chain > MGR > Shit > Korra

there's a shitload of defensive options, not just perfect call or chain jump

there's beast legion riding, axe legion shield, an actual fucking parry, and some sync attacks after perfect dodges have iframes up the ass and/or move you away from your opponent which means that if you still get hit after all that you're an inept sped

You can roll into them, you really are bad. Stop relying on fuckloads of iframe and get used to timing dodges, literally a you not being good issue.

This right here is a valid complaint.

As with Dodge-Offset in Bayonetta and the parry in MGR, Platinum continues to be terrible at explaining their mechanics.

It's worked better now that I worked out how to zoom out, but it still needs some fixes.

nice projection

if astral chain was multiplat you cocksuckers would endlessly sing its praise, the asshurt is blatant

In one of the first chapters the Legions break free and immediately go after their own partners to the point of killing other Chimeras who threaten to steal the kill.

The Legions despise it.

What did he mean by this

I'd actually give Astral Chain another point if they patched in more camera options because holy shit it's the only initial complaint I had with this game that's stuck with me.

So I am literally past the first tutorial. What benefit does forcing the legion to attack instead of letting him attack on his own? From what I have seen so far they both do the same attack but the force attack makes the legion vanish faster

>chain jump
>defense
you clearly don't know how the combat works

Please help me find the fun in this game bros, I liked the game just fine, but it still feels like one of Platinums weaker games, even when I play right and get the S+ ranks, it still doesn't feel right.
And while you're at it, please help me find the fun in The Wonderful 101 aswell.

I mean Switch is emulatable so the game will be on PC in a few months. Why would anyone be upset

Dodge shouldn't exist in this game. I wish I could unbind it.

A jump would've been swell

>few months

Attached: 1567173038104.png (1462x1462, 768K)

>All these fools not using the Arrow dodge Sync Attack which takes you up and out of harms way while you gain distance
I do like that the delay attacks act as a fighting retreat options though, it's pretty nice.

BOTW says hi
>fags say it will take years
>only took one month

>Dodging in MGR:R
>Dodging in DMCV
>Not just parrying everything
??????

>YUZU WILL TOTALLY WORK SOON
>TRUST ME GUYS IT'LL DEFINITELY WORK
You're a fucking idiot if you fall for the Patreonware scam.

I don't get W101 either. It's just not visceral enough, all action feel week, everyone on screen looks lame. Maybe the combat is fun on paper but it's like watching ants fight, it's just kind of lame.

If you don't send out a legion they tend to sit around fingering their asshole and wasting energy

>nooooo it will never work nooooo
Yeah I remember when you said the same about BotW and Odyssey.

>comparing the wii u emulator to yuzu
okay retard

Attached: this is switch zelda.png (1055x40, 4K)

It's my favorite Platinum game and I hate Platinum games. So, you're probably right.

Unrelated but - I'm 28 hours in and at the start of chapter 9. This game is basically a JRPG and you people lied to me by saying it's a 6 hour long action game.

>Instead of using dodge to dodge attacks retards dodge INTO attacks and get mad when they still get hit
Bayo and Dark Souls have ruined the concept of dodging.

Doing attacks yourself with your baton will help your Legion stick around longer because they refresh your gauge. Plus you'll unlock something called chain jump in a bit that'll give you an incentive to throw your legion at an enemy.

WiiU emulator didn't even fucking work until botw came out and motivated people

I played Mario 3D World on it before botw came out

Which is a shame really, because everything else about the game is great, I love the art style, the characters, the humour, the world, but the core gameplay just doesn't do it for me.

I mean it will work sometime in the future, just don't expect to play Astral Chain on the PC with stable 30 fps and no major glitches anytime soon. End of next year would be my guess.

Odyssey is already pretty close to being a great port
youtube.com/watch?v=vWIkZ1FEen4
Member when you pretended it will never ever work?

>I hate Platinum games

Why did you buy it then?

now wait one more year for it to be actually enjoyable on yuzu

Attached: bad.png (866x40, 2K)

post webms

Attached: trying out weapon switch midcombo.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

Same reason OP purchased this game expecting Bayonetta

>Large enemy the size of a house swings a car sized great sword as the first hit of his combo
>dodge out of the way
>This is the perfect time to attack again!
>Go into the long drawn out attack
>Get whomped by the rest of the combo
ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY WHY CAN'T I IFRAME EVERYTHING

You people said the game gets good in file 3
I finished file 4 and I'm still fucking waiting. The cop stuff is bad, the platforming and puzzling is atrocious, and the combat feels bad.
If file 5 isn't basically a brand new game it's getting returned

Maybe I will. What's the problem exactly?

It is more about the movement of launching it forward or pulling it back than attacking. Not too much further in you will get chain jump, where legion pulls you to it for platforming later on.

You can use this move in combat to do a follow up with ZR and pull yourself to enemy with your legion, it also works on aerial enemies and pulls you up to do aerial combos.

dark souls was a mistake

Nothing, thinking Astral Chain is going to be playable on the PC in the next few months is just retarded, when even old bigger games like Zelda and Mario aren't.

Just correcting the record, bro

>cop stuff is bad

Attached: 1337131517406.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

>all that clipping
Pretty embarrassing. Also it's nice that even without a background the game looks like an incomprehensible mess of colors and flashes

Unironically is the perfect time to attack again if you ignore the sync attack and use blaster/arrow while getting out of the way.

He's a anitfa kiddy, he doesn't know any better

>buy platinum game
>get platinum action game
>get mad you can't do anything in the first few missions
You dumb fucks sure love to compare it to all other p* games but apparently forget a common theme in all their games is unlocking your moveset and using it for new game and plus

Learn to read

5 is pretty weak, 6 and 7 are great though

I think you might genuinely need to get your eyes checked if you can't make out what's happening in that game having played it.

If you haven't played it, you might be missing what's happening but you wouldn't shitpost on games you haven't played would you user

You can still dodge into attacks in this game though

5 > 6

I see you didn't mention the clipping. Pretty embarassing isn't it.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (632x539, 47K)

he's either shitposting or retarded

probably both

>I'm antifa because walking around and talking to every rando npc is boring as fuck
Brilliant

Post above yours says shitposting to me

This is not a P* action game it's a mediocre ARPG

I've asked before but nobody gave me a definitive answer
How much is the robot switching in this game reminiscent to the blade system in XBC2?
I can't stand that game but the combat here looks pretty decent

So a P* action game?

>play a cop game
>wtf why do I have to do cop shit
Do you get mad when you have to do lawyer shit in Ace Attorney?

FUCK
COPS

Attached: astral-chain-marie-wentz-uhdpaper.com-8K-3.331.jpg (7680x4320, 3.4M)

The closest would be having to trigger swaps when you get a flash.

This game got me wanting to fuck cops and vending machines

>Police game
>can't shoot black people
>can't destroy property without getting punished
>actually have to help civilians

They really fucked this up, didn't they? At least you can chain down people for graffitiing.

>Seethe
>Cope
>Git Gud
>Sneed

It is gonna be fucking impossible to critique Astral Chain for at least 2 years. It wasn't until recently that both God of War 2018 and Bayonetta 2 started having their flaws called out because people will unconditionally defend them due to exclusivity.

This game isn't close to the quality of something like Wonderful 101.

Attached: 15434354334.jpg (800x1193, 24K)

No, because that game is fun and charming with mysteries beyond "I wonder if the red ghost they all mention is a chimera

>dodge is slow and terrible with no i-frames and years of recovery. If you dodge an attack you will almost certainly get hit in your recovery even if you cancel recovery into an attack or sync

The dodge does have i-frames, I don't know where this is coming from. It has a lot of recovery, but there are syncs that give you immediate i-frames to avoid follow ups.

>dodge also does not cancel anything, but it still buffers and will start when your current animation finishes, making it feel even slower

It can't cancel every frame, but you can dodge out of laggy attacks faster than you can walk or attack again.

>enemies have assloads of hp, don't get hitstunned, have blindingly quick strikes without enough time between the tell and the strike, and the combination of these elements makes fights feel awkward and cqc heavily discouraged
Enemies are actually pretty fragile on normal, and the game gives you way too many CC and defensive options for you to be scared of CQC. Howl, blue shied, auto bind and beast ride are all great if you don't have the enemy timings down. Also a lot of enemies have extremely delayed swings after the tell, only the faster ones will really sucker punch you in which case it's best to open up on them first.

t. Antifa

Maybe because your "criticism" is either retarded or autistic nitpicking.
Nobody cares about the "flaws" you call out.

doesnt matter what platform it's on i own all of them
i simply don't play 30fps action games
doesnt matter how much vaseline the devs smeared on the screen to fool retards
i don't play that shit
i'm just dissapointed in p+ really, they better not pull that shitt for bayo or i'll be mad for real then

Chain jumping mid combat (or rather going from send to jump to follow-up smoothly) has been awkward to use for myself, not sure if anyone else has had that problem

Perfect dodge as well. I was fucking around in a miniboss fight trying to get style points and I happened to perfect dodge sync with Arrow and it chunked off like a quarter of his HP and froze him in a bubble.

The combat’s not quite as good (even though I like it as its own unique thing), but the not-combat everything else is much better. Non-combat general cop stuff in Astral Chain can be pretty fun, whereas the gimmick sections of W101 got really obnoxious. I’d say AC is on par.

But people really need to lrn2dodge and more importantly lrn2notdodge.

>Antifa means calling out cops for abusing their power
Shit, I better get some black masks then.

From week 1 everyone noticed how Bayo 1 was better than 2 you stupid fucking revisionist.

you must have retard vision if you can't keep up with what's happening

>i simply don't play 30fps action games
I was wondering why the game felt awkward. Shit, I feel like they could have gotten 60 with how poor textures and models are

>expecting platinum games to be 60 when bayo 2 is 40 average, transformers was 30 on console, nier 40 average on console and ninja turtles locked to 30
Lets be real, platinum can not optimize for shit.

>mod switch
>overclock
>install 60fps mod
>for even more frames/stability while playing on tv, use reversenx to flag as handheld
Game is way better this way

The only problem I really have is sometimes not being sure if the Legion is currently sent or unsent, sometimes it'll be right next to you and get dragged back, other times it'll be at some other enemy and get shot towards another. Don't really have issues reacting to that though.
I have absolutely zero problem with the lack of a jump button, this way you actually have to think and play differently around aerial enemies

they had no fucking excuses either
its an exclusive, nintendo released a fuck ton of 60fps games, just ask for their help optimising
what's the point of this shit being exclusive ? besides holding the game back

so are you going to address the rebuttals to op's retarded claims or do you just want to cry like a bitch because we don't blindly accept every unjustified gripe from incompetent autists

I'm not really sure what that means, is it something I can get around by gitting gud?

I still don't get why it's 30fps. I mean I guess I could understand it if it was stable, but there's still frame drops.

They never made a game that actually ran well on the platform it was first released on.
And you forgot W101 spending most of its time at 40fps

>>mod switch
Mine is the latest model on current firmware.

I almost bought it today, but then Deadly Premonition got released so I got that instead.

Gonna buy DxM for my quick action fix instead of AC as well. Tbh the game has never looked GOTY to me and still dont get why this got blown out of proportions so much pre-release. Everything about it looks just "okay"

Yeah, alright, I might aswell wait on the emulators to catch up then.

>your legion can take photos
it's a cute feature

I assume you meant me I forgot w101 because everyone else did

Sucks for you, overclocking is a god send and pretty much the reason I am hype again for DaemonXMachina. Gonna be smooth for me

sucks to be a liar too
there isnt a single piece of footage on the whole internet with astral chain running at 60 trough your bullshit inexistent "overclocking" at best you would get a more stable 30fps
the only hope is emulation in like 10 years
botw is actually playable at 60fps, i know this because i played the whole thing on pc

I'll just wait for the switch pro that will come out in a year after the lite since I don't have a switch

Oh yeah, clicked the wrong post by accident.

I hate to admit my own bias, but if it didn't have the Platinum logo in the trailer, I would've probably not cared for it. Still a good game though.

>overclocking is a god send
It really isn't.
You sound like you're just memeing based on what you saw on a YT vid

a switch pro isnt going to double the framerate of existing games

>Marie's massive jiggly titties
it's a cute feature

Switch capture limits recording and I don't have a cap card. I can record on my phone if you'd like. Overclocking and 60 fps are two different things hence the two different points. You can oc to a stable 30 or use the mod for 60 in a good bunch of areas but around 30-45 in others.

gbatemp.net/threads/astral-chain-rom-hacking-bible.547050/page-2#post-8777070

There's the mod.
>liar

ITT

Attached: 1567417538919.jpg (1632x1222, 1.01M)

It's easily the best Switch exclusive this year. I can only really see it being topped by Daemon X Machina or maybe Luigi's Mansion 3.

Attached: Justice.webm (700x394, 2.59M)

Because it looked unlike what Platinum usually does. And it is different. As I said, it's the only good Platinum game.

>You're better off running, chain jumping, perfect calling, doing literally anything else.
well that but also certain perfect dodge sync attacks are better than others
The Beast Legion Perfect Dodge makes you invincible

>beast pefect dodge followed by 360 baton beast sync
Feel like a god

nintendoeverything.com/astral-chain-sold-through-85-of-its-initial-shipment-in-japan/

>Astral Chain made its debut in Japan last week. Between August 29 and September 1, it sold roughly 35,000 copies. That may seem like a small amount, but the game actually did quite well.

>Dengeki reports that Astral Chain sold through 85 percent of its initial shipment. That means Nintendo didn’t go crazy with a ton of supply. In fact, some consumers reportedly encountered shortages last weekend.

>Dengeki believes it’d be best to consider how Astral Chain does over a long period as opposed to specifically examining first week sales.

順位 前週 機種 タイトル名
メーカー 発売日 推定
販売数 累計
販売数
1 - Switch ASTRAL CHAIN(アストラルチェイン)
任天堂 19/08/30 35,487 35,487
2 - PS4 アズールレーン クロスウェーブ
コンパイルハート 19/08/29 34,106 34,106

My only wish was that it made you more vulnerable before and after
Fucking based
I don't get why Nintendo is so hard about artificial scarcity
Even during the Wii Era, they never supplied enough copies even though physical was really the only way back then

the arm legion as well right

and as previously stated the archer legion rockets you upwards and freezes the opponent for a few frames

Both the combat and non-combat are worse than The Wonderful 101. The gimmick sections in 101 get easier, faster and more enjoyable every time you play because you get used to them. Solving the same boring cases in AC is already dull and will only get worse every time. I'm never replaying this game start to finish the way I did with other Platinum games.

Does this game have Cute & Funny characters?

This is something people probably have already figured out but if you feel that the camera is moving around too much, especially in combat, go to options and turn off the camera auto reset speed to 0.

Nintendo does it again with the shipment
Npcs

the gimmick sections of tw101 are fucking awful because of the gamepad only sections, there's also no way to make some of them faster because they're autoscrolling like the mind numbingly shit isometric shooter sequence in one of the first chapters

astral chain's side content is harmless in comparison and you can choose what parts of a mission you want to replay anyway

I agree with the premise but not those problems stated at all. The biggest flaw is the retarded investigations and fetch quests. The game should play like a DMC where your combat advances the story/game. Not mashing A on NPCs with 0 depth.

The gimmick sections in W101 are either auto-scrollers or platformer-style challenges that can’t be sped up. They weren’t fun the first time and they won’t be fun the nth time. AC’s gimmicks were fun the first time, and thankfully the game has excellent chapter skipping and granular ranking so you only need to get S+ once and then you can skip that section on subsequent playthroughs.

Marie's
Big
Juicy
Tits

It has characters that arrest people who like cute and funny characters.

>there are people that don't like giving kids ice cream or helping civvies with their mundane, definitely not chimera related problems
I'm really glad we got a game where you actually walk the beat while also having a great combat system. Not every game needs to be as streamlined as DMC or Vanquish, which is funny because people wouldn't shut the fuck up about how simple DMCV's level design was.

Attached: screaming.png (302x439, 105K)

>ZR ZR
>DPAD DOWN
>ZR ZR ZR ZR
>DPAD DOWN
>ZR ZR ZR
>DPAD UP
>ZR ZR
>ZL
>ZL ZL
>mashing ZR
>ZL

Attached: 1329177764985.jpg (229x120, 6K)

It’s nice. I liked old school action games like Ninja Gaiden where it wasn’t just a procession of fights and terrible platforming. This felt like a callback to that, albeit with more RPG.

I mean I agree with OP somewhat woth the dodge situation. Even after I saw that tutorial posted here about dodging away from the enemies, I still had trouble with it.

Now I just perfect call and ride the Beast Legion to safety.

>One of my favorite (very gay) artists got astral chain
>might get to see him draw legion husbands
yes

You can't blame them for this one. Platinums Track record for JP Games are around what Astral Chain made. Who would have thought the game would sell so much.

How is the writing though

Mixed bag. Very cool world and some fun characters, but the actual plot-relevant main characters feel half-baked. Silent protag is very out of place.

>Silent protag is very out of place.
I kinda get why they did that, but I agree. There are so many points in the story where I wish the protagonist would have at least expressed a little emotion outside of grunts

The game is really suffering (for me) by not having a live style tracker, such as D-SSS in DMC. Any of the more drawn out fights can be S+ ranked just by systematically going through your moveset (get a perfect call, spam enough sync attacks to get sync master, have multiple legions out a time at one point, use enough legion skills to get skill master, use moveset commands and kill enemies with each legion/baton mode) and the fight may only be half over but you can already tell you've 'earned' the S+ rank even if you get absolutely bodied from then on and use 20 consumables.

It feels like it rewards varied play but not stylish.

Turns out every action game requires you to mash buttons
You forgot to mention direction and aiming also

What’s also really bizarre is that the time bonus seems to have a minimum of +1250 points. Also I think the time thresholds on fights is wack, there is no way in hell anyone is getting the max bonus on some of these fights.

DMC5’s ranking system is all fucked up too. When was the last action game with a sensible scoring system?

This bait again?
Why does everyone still fall for it?

Why doesn't the enemy do anything when you hit it? It doesn't respond, the screen just shakes and keeps winding up its attack. Are all the enemies like that?

>Sibling gets stabbed and thrown off
>nngh
Silent protags in voiced games are the worst

>The fact that you want to constantly compare to Dark Souls just means you are straight up terrible

>can't interrupt attack animations
>attack inputs on the shoulders instead of face buttons
>can't jump
>your offensive moves are limited by a meter with a cooldown timer you have to manage/recharge
>upgrade your offensive and defensive stats

Yeah, no similarities to Dark Souls at all.

I've never played an action game with a sensible mission rank system, but DMC's in-fight style meter is excellently designed. The only failing of DMC5 was how it translated that score into an end-mission score (because it provided non-weighted averages of every encounter).

Most of all, I wanted that sweet twin banter. Hate that Akira gets to be a smug shit all the time and you just stand there like a brick wall.

>When was the last action game with a sensible scoring system?
Aztez, motherfucker. Aztez' scoring system is solid gold. Easy to understand, easy to track, an excellent indication of how well you are playing, only minimally "exploitable"

That and the lack of a time component/damage means that technically the optimal way to score is to royal guard to SSS before inflicting any damage. Although that’s small potatoes compared to the averaging problem, which actively encourages running away from optional fights.

The real one-two-fault of DMC5's scoring is
a) you can't damage an enemy after it's dead, or
b) there isn't a raw total mission goal score.

If DMC5 did the Aztez thing, where you can combo an enemy's lifeless corpse indefinitely for infinite points as long as you can avoid letting it touch the ground or whiffing an attack, the "minor encounters" problem ceases to be at hing. You can just keep beating that one Empusa to a pulp, the fact that it dies quickly does not detract from the total amount of comboing you can do.

And/or, the more obvious solution, just give each mission a total point goal. That way you don't have a brief encounter with one Hell Caina fucking things up because you killed it too fast to get a good score. It adds to the total, it doesn't weigh down the average.

Hardest part of the game is balancing ice cream and cardboard boxes.

Attached: shittersfull.jpg (1280x720, 311K)

God damn I suck absolute fucking donkey dick at not getting hit by things. The BZZZZZTT from the pro controller doesn't help either

>Oh no, I'm running late...!
>100 duty points deducted for excessive force on a civilian

>where you can combo an enemy's lifeless corpse indefinitely for infinite points as long as you can avoid letting it touch the ground or whiffing an attack
That doesn’t seem like a good thing. Are high scores just a competition of who can automate the easiest loop and leave it running for longest? Seems like a super exploitable way to buffer up a max rank score, allowing shitty play for the rest of the mission.

I think what they were trying to do was make it so that missing optional fights doesn’t totally tank your mission score a la Bayonetta, but this is exactly why Bayonetta was graded per encounter instead of overall.

What new kind of Legion would you most like to see added in a sequel?

t-rex legion

>your offensive moves are limited by a meter with a cooldown timer you have to manage
What? Your X-Baton attacks aren't limited by your meter.

this desu

Waifu Legion. Alternatively, something that flies, or something based on stealth.

Dante from the Devil May Cry series Legion

>get fined for crossing a street on red light

Attached: 1560103482728.jpg (2084x2298, 261K)

SHE legion

Spear Legion
L is a movement option that throws a javelin with the MC holding onto it, but the range is short.
Mid ranged legion with good single target damage. Sync attacks are things like impaling the spear on the ground and making the MC go full Neo on them.

I just saw Yosef talking to the faceless politicians funding his projects, is the whole story going to be a ripoff of Eva or was it just that scene?

Might as well add in all of this as well
>Is a game
>Use weapons
>Fight inhuman things
>title is two words
>made by a Japanese studio
>came out in a year you can see on a calendar
>game you need to git gud at

The whole thing. But with a way better setting at least

Attached: 1512087555454.jpg (335x430, 29K)

>It's not even remotely up to Platinum's standards.

Theyve made plenty of awful games. Its better than W101 by default by not being tied to a shitty tablet gimmick.

The legions being restrained monsters and the neck snap in the prologue didn’t tip you off?

>Javelin mode dodge counter sync attack has the MC surf the thrown javelin to deliver their own aerial attack

Nigga one of the colour sets for our Legions is Unit-01. The game doesn't hide it's Eva influences

What kind of combat style would a waifu legion have? Would it just be the Legion form of one of those flying chimeras that attack with kicks?

Right now from that Yosef scene it seemed like a cheap copy more than homage/influence. The dialogue was even basically the same

It’s just Jena with a collar and leash.

What neck snap?

She just stands there and you have to protect her.

Kinky.

I actually really loved the few times you have to guard your Legion instead, like when you need to blueshift that guy in File 7.

>Its better than Wonderful 101

Nah, and you draw with the right stick. I could see the pacing being better than W101 but the second half is just ok.

Any type that good porn could be made of

First time you see a Legion in action in File 1, it grabs a chimera and snaps its neck in a prolonged shot that’s very much like Sachiel.

any new porn yet

Attached: 1567615323993.jpg (1240x1754, 360K)

lol why are you retards saying the dodge is bad
I got in the final boss's face mashing dodge like a dipshit and s+'d him fucking easy

God I want to fuck Jena

that's the thing, though. platinum hasn't lived up to their own standards since 2013. nier automata was a fluke because of yoko taro's brilliance, everything else they've released in recent years has been trash.

>Just finishesd File 07
>Just NOW realized i have to upgrade the X-baton manually
Goddamn the way they introduced it I thought it would be a story related thing. These new moves are great though.

>weeby
kys

Some of the Legions can do them too. You can do the spin attack while inside the arm legion.

it's an eva rip off. I finished it last night.

Wait how the fuck do you parry?

>people are finally going to come over to my side of "tons of i-frames is fucking awful scrubshit"

bout time you shitters woke up and smelled the ashes

Attached: 1549864549849.jpg (817x749, 65K)

Pretty sure nier automata proved that.

>Can we all agree that there’s nothing really wrong with the dodge being designed as it is, just in the lack of proper guidance given to the player concerning their evasive options?
I disagree with this, the only problem is Souls training people to believe dodge should be an invincible god button that immediately allows them to reverse any situation against any attack into an advantageous one. Dodge being a defensive option that turns bad situations into neutral ones, and you actually need to time it appropriately for each attack, should be the baseline expectation.

>beast legion perfect call is MAXIMUM DOGGO
is this the second best perfect call attack or does Axe, which I don't have unlocked yet, have a better perfect call?

>it's an NGE rip off
picked the fuck up

Attached: 1559512949168.jpg (183x183, 9K)

>no good porn of Olive yet
WHY

oh yes

Attached: 1539837527570.jpg (178x188, 12K)

>not good porn of Marie yet
fuck this gay earth

Astral Chain feels like an anime/cyberpunk version of Judgement but with way less well written characters and better combat.

Arrow?

>tfw my favourite girl is not plot relevant and will get no art ever

Attached: 200%sad.png (497x732, 362K)

I mean this games pretty good, but the police work stuff is boring. I’d probably marathon the game if that weren’t in every chapter.

And that's just physical, right? Is there any way to find out how much it sold digitally?

arrow has best dodge attack for me, but his perfect call is kinda underwhelming, even if the posing is nice

Its the best, infact doggo is just generally the best legion
>Best perfect call
>Best Perfect dodge sync attack
>Doggo riding autododges everything and can go into a fully invincible shoryuken
>Absolutely busted crowd control, trivializes a lot of multi enemy encounters
Arrow and Sword have their DPS niches but Beast is by far the best utility one.

There’s two nsfw with male chimeras

Considering how rank works in this game, i means nothing.

>but the police work stuff is boring

Attached: 1567659982139.png (553x518, 349K)

Attached: 1566831419219.jpg (633x1024, 63K)

Who is it, user? Mine's Avery

The Dodge has i-frames, but it's pretty precise and your perfect counters don't have i-frames nor do they magically knock enemies out of their attacks.

Is it soda waifu?

Post timestamp and time played

>the in game rank system doesn't matter, my arbitrary standards do
seethe more shitter

>you get 10 more points if you KOBE your cans instead of just throwing them
Amazing

>he doesn't use Gladius mode with Super Armor Omega and damage/crit abilities
>he doesn't kit his Beast Legion with the speed and damage skills
I AM HERE TO DESTROY

also every point OP made about the combat is wrong. and the police sections are chill and give you a chance to enjoy the BGM tracks.

Attached: op playing astral chain.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

He's doing his best, don't bully him

so WAIT WAIT WAIT

is this game good or not? I got a gift card to blow on this if it is good

Attached: 1502400711165.jpg (355x265, 29K)

I thought crits only happened if you hit someone from the back
are there actually random crits too

She's trying so hard, god bless her heart

Is it true that whole games feels like playing V in DMC5?
I fucking hated V, ruined whole game for me

there's both. hitting from the back will always crit, but you've also got a random crit chance. at least, that's what i assume since there are ability codes that apparently increase your critical rate. i'm not sure what the base critical rate is.
i have one that increases crit damage by 200%. it's kind of busted.

I ran into the same problem as you against that guy, except instead of complaining on Yea Forums like a retard I adapted instead.
>dodge first attack
>know im gonna get hit out of my counter if i just counter right away so i dodge through the rest of his combo as well and counter when he's finished
>take no damage and get a combo off on him
wow so fucking difficult, stop being a moron

yes it's good
don't listen to the babies who need to gitgud

OP is lying, it's actually really good

It's like V if V had an attack button and you couldn't control the basic attacks of your summons.

It's not really like V.

I just want to unlock more legion color sets so I can make a sentai team

moar webms

didn't play DMCV yet but that sounds like shit

I didn't even bother with any of those since having to navigate behind an enemy every time when the game is a clusterfuck as is didn't seem worth it
I also turned off damage numbers so I don't even know how much damage I'm doing, I just rape them until they die
as soon as I got the round swords ability and saw all the fucking numbers completely obscuring the screen completely I made sure to turn those off

Attached: 21995829489.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

based
though I've been basing the color schemes of my legions on Kuuga's forms.

Attached: 1352877775224.jpg (675x900, 257K)

Just came to say this, OPs post reek of this.

Other than that Inagree it has some flaws, but it's still pretty cool game

Also a worthy endeavor
Say, do you know if there's an unlock that gives you a color picker for legions, like you have for equipment at the locker? Having only the basic sets of colors plus whatever the defaults for each color set is a little restrictive.

Why didn't they strive for 60fps
It's an action game for fucks sake. I pirated it and didn't think it was worth my time

>every attack gets interrutped by bullshit aoe
>catches with cheap insta kill move
>punch combos stunlock to death
>stunlocks through perfectcall
>raining bullshit projectiles catches stunlock to death
>actually went into my menu use a battery recharge

fuck that fight, its literally just made with the beats legion in mind where you spend the whole game chasing the motherfucker down

Attached: 1561600008009.jpg (480x475, 34K)

I've yet to see one myself, I think we're just stuck with what's there. Or perhaps it's unlocked via Orders? I still haven't gone through all of those yet.

The only time I like playing V is when I get a co-op buddy. V just isn't that fun imo.

Attached: good boy.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

>its a snoygroid seethe thread

I'm retarded. What does the Sync attack prompt on Finish Off attacks actually do?

This game is highly illegal

you press A
enemy dies and your full health
you get style bonus points for ranks

No not that part. Sometimes when you do the Finish Off, you get a blue flash like with sync attacks.

What he is saying user, it what I can understand in his autistic rage, is that the game TELLS you the dodge is the end all, be all of avoiding attacks in the game. Why did he thinks that he has not yet said, which is weird as the only time the game told me to dodge was in the dodge tutorial.

In the end dodge is useful in some situations, which also makes me wonder why are people dumping on it, as it let's you position behind enemies after an attack fairly easily, at least with some of them.

>buff up with arrow and shield
>TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
>sword beyblade and auto chain sync
>all the numbers
Its amazing how sword melts through shit

>They actually put 009 Soundscape into the game.
The mad men.

>Yea Forumsoomers upset because the game punishes them for mashing and rushing
Jesus you'll never be sick nasty with those tactics anons.

it usually means the end of a wave or fight, it doesn't really matter if you sync the last part

i'm pretty sure you get more gene codes for it.

Attached: fall.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

A few extra code earnings + style for rank. That's really all there is towards it, and you can honestly just tap it to end it early as if you're really lacking on code, just fight the legions on chapter selection over and over again, given they reward nearly 800 code each time.

But, when they fuse isn't it to protect the wearer from death? Also axe chimera sure as fuck loves main character

>They actually put 009 Soundscape into the game.
what's this mean? I don't understand

>buff up with arrow and shield
>TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
>sword beyblade and auto chain sync
>all the numbers
Its amazing how sword melts through shit

I tried it, it makes no difference if you hit the prompt or just spam attack to get it over with faster

does chain jumping have more iframes than regular dodging?
feels like I'm able to dodge through way more shit just chain jumping through an enemy's swing and getting a setup for back attacks than with trying to get a perfect dodge sync

>why the fuck did I get thing when I wanted other thing!?
>what?? You are saying I should have researched thing before I blindly spent my money? You are a moron

there are plenty of problems with astral chain, but you've gotta be retarded to think this

Is it worth using autobind on skill? I feel like im using a crutch when doing so.

>noooo sound logic an analysis! This cannot be!

Well at least I'm not alone

>implying op knows about any of this and its forced to use dodge by the game as the game kept punishing him for not dodging like he says the game does.

>try to manually wrap a legion around enemy
>rush you down and break chain
>try again
or
>press ZL Y or X and be done in an instant
hmm

nah it's great

Its nice to have on one legion. Its nice for big groups and jumpy enemies. Especially against the Homonculous when he gets jumpy. Its also really nice for the stealth sections.

This is my biggest problem with the game. The only way to be sure is to deactivate your legion and double press ZL to send it out

The enemy can beat your ass while your legion is doing the whirl, making you waste the skill. I was stupid because they were near me but it has happened enough to make me reconsider it.

huh, i'm not sure then
it seems to trigger a short slowdown effect compared to when you miss the prompt, so i wonder what it means.

i couldn't get this to loop perfectly. i'm very sorry.

Attached: watch.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

If you love Platinum games and DMC you should skip it
If you don't you'll probably like it.

Or press R

>Platinum bills itself as a high quality action game studio for hire
>as soon as licensed work comes in their quality nosedives
>all the big name founders are gone and they took their proteges with them
RIP P*
You deserved better

I'VE BEEN STUCK FOR DAYS ON AGAMMENNON NOW FUCK YOU

Attached: 1445622498009.png (500x500, 95K)

play unchained mode

I miss Mikami

Haha epic shitpost.

I'm just working my way through File 03 right now, I think it is. Can I get some quick tips to maximize enjoyment / ability? I keep getting D's and it's very upsetting

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/astral-chain-nintendo-action-rpg-legion-tedious-buttonmashing-journey-a9078936.html
This review is perfect

Protip: return the game and buy a Wii U and W101

Upgrade your baton and unlock all the Legion skills that you can, combat opens up much more once you have two or more Legions.

Will I like this if the only Platinum game I really got into was Revengeance? I've also played DMC1(pretty good), DmC(decent, not as bad as people say but not great), and the demos for DMCV (seems pretty good). Bayo seems alright but I bounce off of it every time I try. Might be the aesthetic.

Attached: Monsoon.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

>However, you can only partly control your Legion. While each one might have different strengths and weaknesses, they’re never fully utilised as you’re reliant on the AI making the decisions to attack.

>Holding down a button on the controller will allow you to position it and activate an ability or two, but that’s all really, otherwise it acts autonomously.
This nigger.

Attached: 1353183859213.jpg (600x400, 39K)

If I upgrade the sword legion does it carry over? Assuming I get new legions soonish

I'm assuming you're just fucking around but only two of those games are by Platinum

Each Legion has its own skill tree you have to upgrade. You'll get one at the end of the mission you're currently on. Remember to take advantage of chain jumps.

I was just giving a point of reference as they are considered to be the same genre. You gonna answer the question or not?

No. Each legion has its own skill tree you upgrade. Gene codes are plentiful and easy to grind though, so you don't need to worry much about it. You get new legions at the end of File 3, 4, 5, and 8

Are there any diifficulties over casual, standard and the one you unlock after finishing the chapter?

But all the best moves in this game are the ones that give i frames.

So is there a sort of tier list for the legions? I feel like i see a lot of people saying the beast legion is the best but it doesn't seem that great to me, while the arms legion seems like the best for close range and arrow legion against enemies that like to keep away. Axe legion seems pretty decent but I haven't had much time with it.

Chain jumps as in the jumps at the enemy?

Attached: squats.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

>love Platinum Games' stuff and love DMC
>really enjoy Astral Chain

Attached: thinking.jpg (500x375, 27K)

I have like 3 of them, shits amazing

The main issues are actually that theres simply not enough combat. The combat itself is great but the detective bullshit is absolutely not needed and drags the pacing down. Its like you can hardly get warmed up. Also, elementals are bullshit. The game should've been more action focused. I'm still on file 8 though. The protag should've been voiced too and non customizable. I like action RPGs but this should've stuck closer to an action game.

Just pull through, once I got my third legion, legion skills and baton upgrades I went from Ds to As and S/S+. Also stop button mashing for easier dodging

>enemy gets staggered multiple times
>loelz it dosant du nething

I'm glad this is getting good reception, critics admitting they were wrong and Japan makes good games. And that the western ideals of chasing 'cinematic experiences' and 'absolute freedom' are flawed and wrong.

Beast is amazing because it's syncs give you iframes

>get to file 10
>loose motivation to play because I dont want this ride to end.
Why am I like this? I can never bring myself to finish games. What kind of autism is this bros?

And jumping around them, by curving your chain. You'll need it for getting around obstacles.

Keep going, then play it again to get stuff you missed and database entries and stuff

That post isn't for you, zoomer.

The post game, after you unlock all of your stuff, is all combat.
I really liked the cop stuff and even the astral plane exploration gameplay. Although it could’ve used some more varied visuals.

>twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1169032782535942149
The things people do when they are bored.

Attached: GIT GUD.png (425x300, 197K)

Who is this?
>twitter.com/HundredBurger/status/1169281695511699456
I am trapped in a IP ranged file upload ban by the way.

So how do you deal with the giant, platform destroying laser in chapter 9?

>dog is fucking useless the whole game
>Makes final boss fight baby mode
Extra points if you equip auto heal

>Finally doing all the Pt:Ultimate files in post-game
>File 2 Axe Legion
What the goddamn fuck is this shit, why is he so much harder than everything around him?

Attached: 1344638726360.png (248x325, 27K)

>local "black market" sold out astral chain in matter of hours one day before its official release.
>now the market was closed because "is a risky place"
Goddammit, everything is against me having AC.

Are they cosplaying Shizu? That's cool

Shoot the middle of the hands with Arrow, might take a few hits.

Dumbest post in this thread, it's the most cinematic Platinum game by far.

How do you pet the dog legion?

press A while having the dog out

Thanks

Since this thread is up can anyone tell me how long postgame cases are? i beat the game last night and iceborn comes out tonight so idk if i should even bother working on it if it's more than 3 or so hours. Are the cases just a bunch of short missions? i think i saw like 9 before i got off.

>dodge has no iframes
Why do baddies speak so confidently about games they don't know how to play

They're all just battles and there's 71 of them, it'll take a while.
They unlock the Raven Armor though.

The important question is, how good is the booty shorts tech?

Also end game content you cant access otherwise the ride never ends

His damage is out of control.

Yeah it is, are you incapable of watching the reveal trailer

youtu.be/brmmV3g4qqo

>dog is fucking useless the whole game
The fuck? Beast is the best legion in the game

>I feel like most of these issues would come up in testing
They probably used capable gamers as testers, not retards who got carried through Dark Souls and now think they're some kind of elite gamers

Only if you are a scrub, axe and arrow are the best for protecting and killing, if you use dog might as well play unchained.

>Noah Prime second phase

Attached: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (345x345, 40K)

>being this retarded
I bet you bought World of Warcraft and was angry it wasn't like Warcraft 3

I ended cheesing him with Beast's auto-dodge and the infinite energy the fight gives, it felt awful.

These are legitimately the same exact complaints that I have, except for the enemies having high HP - I think their HP pools are fine.

>dodge is slow and terrible
It wouldn't be that bad if the actual movement wasn't so slow and clunky, too. It takes way too long for the protagonist to accelerate...like, it's slower than Red Dead Redemption 2.

Sounds like OP really needs this guide
imgur.com/a/vL4edct

Dodge is inarguably a useful defensive option, and it DOES have iframes. You just need to actually think about how you use it.

i knew that artstyle looked familiar, glad to know Masakazu Katsura is still active. He looks just like kouga

Attached: B6C57194-B531-49C5-92A2-D3278BFF6B0F.jpg (468x450, 80K)

That's the most pathetic ass I've seen since Lightning's

Having to commit to your attacks isn't a bad thing. But you can perfect call at any time.

You can perfect call if your legion’s away and you’re not in a sync attack flash. So it’s slightly limited.

Why the fuck does this game have one attack? No heavy attack, no combos. It's as deep as a puddle.

BotW and odyssey are highly demanded games that get a lot of attention from emulator developers. Astral chain... is not. Look at how badly bayo 2 still runs in cemu, and then consider that the citra revs are less competent than the citra guys.

If you upgrade your x baton you get new combos for your regular attacks.

twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1169032782535942149?s=21
Time to throw a shitton of cans.

>overclocking the switch
Is this really a good idea? It already gets pretty warm.

My real main gripe with the game are those retarded fucking hazards in the fights, like fire, holes you can fall through, and goop in Arm Legion boss fight.
Maybe if the camera worked a little better, making them more visible it wouldn't be so bad.
It's really fucking frustrating so far.

Lol, dude just equip an ability that automatically uses sync attacks

>game still sold out
Fuck digital.

Your fault for waiting this long.

Nice

Should’ve gotten it on voucher.

Any tips for avoiding Noah Prime's second phase's punching combo, kick and black hole of fuck you you're dead?

Black hole use Beast L move
Punch combo I dunno, if it hits you just accept your fate

Git Gud
Git Gud
And Git Beast, just like any other wind effects.

So essentially what I've already been doing. Beast run seems like it becomes a little too slow when close to it. Well, the black hole isn't my biggest issue unless it catches me off guard, which is tends to do a few times every battle, especially during the second phase.

Dodging while on Beast can give you just enough boost to keep away from it.

Yeah, I noticed. I think my biggest issue is panicking and not getting Beast out in time or accidentally getting Arm out instead.

Pretty sure you can dismiss it any time though

You ever just wanna fuck a robot because of how cool it looks

Attached: Astral_Chain_Sword_Legion.png (1276x1246, 305K)

I don’t think it’s instant.