Nobody cares right?

Nobody cares right?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-05-10-17-23-1.png (676x669, 474K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fV49Jtax2qI
youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
youtu.be/TDWZIoPzSLE
youtu.be/xuS8LaaWJ8A
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1753766220
youtube.com/watch?v=7NZZczu31QU
youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiLDd2AjI
gonintendo.com/stories/338937-switch-eshop-charts-june-29th-2019
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-6-2019/
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-13-2019/
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-20-2019/
twitter.com/vampright/status/1168391529628454913?s=19
youtu.be/guVAeFs5XwE?t=12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BIINY PLAE DEE EMM SEE TOO IS BES GAEM

>There's at least one poor soul out there that will actually buy this.

Attached: 1553294426724.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

why not dmc3 instead

But why

>wake up
>see some nintendo news roundup on youtube
>watch it
>lots of games getting released
>hear dmc2
>dont think its real
>see this thread

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 8K)

At least it's one step closer to DMC3 (and maybe 4 and even Dante in Smash. I can dream right?)

This was the only chance to get people to buy DMC2. They couldn't have released it before DMC1, and if they released DMC3 before it, nobody would've given a shit afterwards. They can instead sell DMC3 later with the promise of it being much better, just like they did originally.

I'd buy it if I owned Switch. I'm someone who doesn't care about quality of gameplay, as I'm equally shit whether it's good or bad, so to me it was a fun game.

Attached: Despair_Embodied_Female.jpg (350x387, 21K)

people would just be like "fuck dat I ain't buying the other games" after they realize DMC2 sucks

>HD collection is a thing
>Capcom still selling them piecemeal instead
pieces of shit

BOOTI PLEEASE 20 MINUTES OF GAEMPLAY

>he actually memed it into reality

Attached: 1496483710455.jpg (932x1024, 99K)

>hurrrr dmc2 bad
SHUT THE FUCK UP GIVE THIS MEME A REST ALREADY HOW LONG HAS IT BEED FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOFFF

This game literally drained my energy from boredom. Almost didn't finish it before I could send it back to blockbuster.

HE'S IN

Attached: 1566810071174.gif (498x498, 414K)

people care because this move pretty much confirms that DMC3 is coming soon. And who doesn't want to finally play DMC3 SE on a handheld? Doesn't mean they'll buy DMC2.

I played all the DMC games before 5 to get ready for 5
2 was utter fucking shit and no one should ever play that abomination.

someone post the chopper bossfight

>Square: The Game

Fuck you.

nah this one's Capcom

Can't wait for dmc3SE and 4SE on switch

Unless they tweak it so it's even marginally less of a slog then like with HD Collection I don't get the point of even reminding people it exists.

Is there a chance they choose his best outfit yet in the series (dmc2) as his default outfit for smash?

Attached: Dante_dmc2.png (2000x2861, 2.33M)

Unlikely.

Attached: sleep.jpg (1069x997, 160K)

I'll give DMC2 that, the design for Dante and Lucia were quite elegant but distinct.
Very few layers so there isn't a lot of clutter, good color balance, colors are kept bold without being too muted or garish.
The hair for Dante is a bit off in hindsight though.

I still prefer DMC3's Devil Triggers.

I'm annoyed that they're clearly trying to cash in on people who don't know any better, and tarnishing the franchise's name in the process. Once 3 and 4 get ported, their sales will probably tank because of this. It was a very bad decision.

Attached: 1566235171703.png (370x354, 117K)

DMC2 shouldn't have been released. They should have looked at it, realized it sucked, and delayed it to rebuild the enemies and combat.

It's one if those games that I like a lot even if they're shit. I love serious Dante, the desolate atmosphere of the way too large levels, the animations, the dodge button, how they tried to link gunplay and swordfighting in the combos, and the early elements of the styles. That said it's still pretty bad.

Of course not
I wasn't surprised that they decided to jew switch owners with no HD collection but I was expecting them to sell 2 and 3 together at least.
Who the hell is going to buy devil Mary cry on its own for.. How much are they charging exactly?

20 bucks each.

It's not a meme, it's borderline unplayable.

The best way to not go insane is to simply kill every enemy and boss just using your guns, which turns it from a character action game to a really shitty third person shooter with auto lockon where you just need to strafe the very rare attacks that will actually threaten you.

The final boss is the only part of the game you need to actually rub more than one braincell together

>the dodge button
I mean, the jump button functions as a dodge in most of the series, so I don't see why do people always complain about that.

Attached: I can't read minds.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

The power of the Nintendo Switch.

Attached: switch fanboys will defend this.png (1068x272, 134K)

I'm pretty sure I can get the entire HD collection on steam for less than that.

Capcom is impressive, they some how manage to be in Nintendo directs but also manage to be the most hated and forgettable things shown off in them.

I find it amazing how a game that doesn't exist got featured in the Direct

DMC2 is one of the most "curious" game in the series, but no one can take out it's merits.
The original game should had it's release date pushed back afew months so Itsuno could work better on it and polish it. And the plot should had got some plot changes, my main one is Arius being a puppet to Argosax and Dante's character in that game.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5scqoxMMV1t43zu1_1280.jpg (1280x1843, 739K)

I will bet you all $100 that after DMC 1-4 are released seperate they will then announce the HD collection bundle

Thats what they did with RE
>RE4 came out
>RE5 and 6 coming next
>announce that after those two launch a physical release with RE4 on the card and RE5 and 6 as downloads releasing
>also helps as a second launch for RE4 which flopped

Will nintendofags say DMC2 is good now that it's on switch? That would be fun to watch

I don't think anyone will buy it since no one bought DMC 1 and most Nintendo sites were actively removing discussion about it.

That Lucia character looks hot but seems stuck in a subpar game.

Meh they don't seem to regret it. They know 3&4 will bring them the money they want regardless. They just want to release them in order on switch.

I doubt it, who's really foaming at the mouth to play fucking DMC 1-4? Especially on Nintendo

Which is a shame, she is a really interesting character.

Attached: p83t00swtmd31.jpg (564x797, 45K)

didn't stop people from buying 3, and DmC didn't stop people from buying 5

>DMC3 and DMC4 tank
>No reason to support the switche
Based and redpilled

I hope they bring her back in some playable capacity, even as a bonus playable character in a bonus mode in DMC5.

Attached: devil may cry dante lucia by basara1988.jpg (2651x1561, 784K)

DMC3 is actually the worst selling game in the series, despite its popularity.
DMC5 had a lot of hype built up through the year before it came out, and a lot of fans were absolutely thirsty for original canon to continue after all.

DmC probably made 5 more successful

I think his hair in 2 is his best. 3&4 hairstyle is too anime. While his 5 hairstyle makes him look 60+ hobo while his age is supposed to be about 40-43. It just makes him look older than his age
Hair does wonders. Someone changed his hair in 5 with 4 and he looked better.

Despite it's flaws I unironically enjoy DMC2 for many things, such as Arius' ridiculous fucking voice acting, the DT customization and music. It's not a broken game, it's a poorly designed one. That poor design is something I can overlook ONLY for DMC2.

It can be played on literally anything else through the HD collection though, so I don't really care, no. But if it motivates Capcom to put DMC3SE, 4SE and 5 on there, so be it.

Attached: DanteDevilMayCry2.png (766x768, 460K)

>release an HD collection not once but two console generations
>Capcom insists on giving the Switch singular releases
I already own the collection on PC, but what's literally the point of selling each installment by itself?

Attached: 545192937.jpg (780x653, 83K)

>selling each game separately for 20 smackaroos
>where as the hd collection is 25 for all 3
You tell me, sport.

Attached: 1567649508406.jpg (310x294, 36K)

This is the most bizarre port announcement I've heard in a while

Attached: 1529176131333.png (1200x1117, 687K)

Me too, her character arc is nice and she looks cool and distinct

DON'T WORRY

t.infested helicopter

You didn't hear the jedi outcast 2 for switch announcement then.

sauce

Attached: 1566156676309 (1).jpg (1238x1704, 140K)

that soul is the saddest of souls

What the fuck is going on with switch

i knew nothing about the dmc games and people's opinions of them before i played recently
i enjoyed dmc2 noticably less than dmc1, back to back

Isn't this game completely broken?

Their sales on the platform have been poor so they are trying to make more money to make up for it, some people also think Capcom is probably doing shady things in the background since DMC1 is 10GB while the collection on PC is 12GB.
Not impossible.

Devs are finding out things are selling even weird things, but only if your name isn't Ubisoft, Capcom, or EA.
Just recently the record for highest selling M rated game on a Nintendo platform was broken, the original holder was RE4 and now its MK11

>The final boss is the only part of the game you need to actually rub more than one braincell together
generous

People will buy old games again if they're portable and at least semi-competent ports. Thats why capcom can get away with selling a dmc collection for 10 dollars on everything else and selling each individual one for 20 dollars on switch. People want things portable.

But it'll result in the same outcome as what happened twenty years ago with the original games - everyone who gets DMC2 will hate it and pass on DMC3 due to the association.

Looks dope. Who's that in the back?

Despite how out of left field that was I will still play the shit out of it again and hope it means we might get a sequel that's not done by EA.

>everyone who gets DMC2 will hate it and pass on DMC3 due to the association.
Are you a fucking moron, that never happened

Jedi Academy is coming too and it will have multiplayer. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't play the fuck out of it again. Even just for online to be alive again.

The main guy from SMT Nocturne or whatever one it was that Featured Dante From the Devil May Cry Series.

Does the Switch support mouse and keyboard because fuck trying to play JA MP on those dumbass little controllers

i enjoy repetitive games. i still like 2 somewhat.

Yuppie doo
Worst game in the series gets a switch port
I'm estatic

What if Capcom ports the normal edition of 3 instead of the Special Edition?

Attached: 1567527219291.png (468x525, 210K)

It is not broken, but it was hastily made and because of that it is mindnumbingly boring, think of it more as a TPS with bad camera and dumb AI

No not really. I still don't understand why they aren't just putting the HD collection on it. It makes no sense whatsoever.

3 without the special edition has less sales than 2 because of that. 2 sold a bunch because of hype from 1 and 2 killed it until 3 came out and people realized it was good, so they came back to it with 3se.

It's functional, very functional in fact. Problem is, the lock-on combat sucks, and the enemy design is shit. The only weapons you discover in the game are guns, and every melle weapon is a sword that barely feels diffrent from another. It's not a broken game, just an unfinished one.

Attached: Mashing the shoot button is all he knows.jpg (1028x635, 55K)

>I'm annoyed that they're clearly trying to cash in on people who don't know any better
Unfortunately for them Nintendofags ain't falling for it seeing as DMC 1 sold like shit.

>normal edition is $20
>put out special edition as dlc for $20
I could see Capcom doing this.

I'm bewildered by this desicsion but it's obvious 3 is coming out later.

If they at least fixed the AI of the enemies it would be okay for them to release it again on its own

First they'll port 3, then 3se.
Then 4, then the HD Collection, then the little 'm', then wait a year before porting 4se.
DMC5 will be ported to whatever console Nintendo spits out after the Switch.

Attached: 1566100233865.jpg (256x256, 60K)

>mfw I swap square and circle's functions on every DMC game

Attached: 1564560891281.gif (420x168, 2.79M)

DMC2's isn't that bad sure, but I feel 1 had the best balance in terms of length, body and how messy or neat it looks. All the others seem to lean too much to one side for how I imagine someone like Dante.

>While his 5 hairstyle makes him look 60+ hobo
5 definitely was an odd take, it almost felt intentional how unkempt he was made to look in the trailer.

Though I guess DMC3 and DMCV try to make an excuse for how undone Dante looks by having him come right out of the shower and waking up from a coma respectively.

Lucia was goat DMC experience though.
DMC 2 is worth it for her.

Attached: twirly twirly swordsman piruets.webm (640x640, 1.48M)

no. it's fully playable. a horribly playable game

This was probably the worst decision they could've made when porting these games to the Switch. There was literally no reason not to port the HD Collection to the Switch. It's bullshit.

Attached: Nigga really.png (833x350, 23K)

5 haircut is pretty much the same as 1, though. At least that's how I see it.

Attached: DanteDMC5.png (1936x4662, 2.66M)

I doubt it.

Consider the following: Making this port was worth it simply for the publicity and headlines.

It keeps DMC in the zeitgeist and that is all that really matters.

Attached: 14325354323.png (714x517, 407K)

It's true, Vergil hair makes him look 10 years younger

>vanilla DMC 3 (NA version): $20
>DMC 3SE: $20
>DMC HD Collection: $20
>vanilla DMC 4: $20
>DMC 4SE: $20
>DMC 1-4 Bundle: $20

Attached: kek.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Just waiting for some contrarian e-celeb to make a video about why DMC2 is a misunderstood masterpiece and how DMC3 isn't actually good so I can watch you turbonerds shill a bad game wholeheartedly like you did with Far Cry 2.

It's an obvious scam. Jesus fuck, people shouldn't buy this out of principle.

I already know someone in real life who says DMC2 is actually good but he is a massive contrarian dumbass about everything for the sake of appearing different and interesting so yeah.

I laugh, but at the same time I'm terrified

Attached: 1566917861281.jpg (640x640, 33K)

People shouldn't buy it because DMC2 is a bad game.

>a video about why DMC2 is a misunderstood masterpiece and how DMC3 isn't actually good
Autism tend to be extremists,the reality has been always the same,DMC 1 was a very good innovative game,DMC 2 just wasnt on par with 1,but even then it added things still prevalent in the series and improved some parts of the gameplay but the game falls short,its decent even good,DMC 3 was a massive step forward so after it came out DMC 2 looks/ed like total shit in comparison when in reality it is a decent/good game just the worst in its excelent series.

It's macabre.

It begins

1 has one eye covered. DMC2 copies it but it covers the other eye instead.

>but even then it added things still prevalent in the series
True
>its decent even good
Utter bullshit

Go actually play DMC2. I'll wait. It's shit. It's not that it's not as good as DMC1 or 3, it's that it's bad.

I see, but 5's haircut also covers one of the eyes sometimes.

Attached: Pointing up.jpg (1672x1545, 1.08M)

no

The Game is in no way "fun" or a "good game", I was bored when I played it and rushed through it, and I still didn't got to play as Lucia, which is one of it's best point of it, but DMC2 defitnly has some good concepts and mechanics that was better implemented in later on in the series. This game could benefit from a remake, but it's unlikely.
If I had to rank the series it would be DMC5>DMC3>DMC4=DMC1>DMC2>turd>DmC(tho even this one had some interesting things, not gonna lie).

Attached: p7xrdynqtuj31.jpg (1080x1349, 149K)

it means 3 will be on NIGGGAAAAAA

I have always though the same,the game should never be considered neither a masterpiece or a shit game and its usually considered the latter its just okay.

Sony isn't getting exclusives anymore and they're also losing former exclusives. They're in such bad shape that the fucking PS2 is retroactively losing exclusives.

Attached: 1283887307784.jpg (500x417, 106K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fV49Jtax2qI

Attached: 1534941276270.jpg (717x941, 122K)

child tier economy levels here

habibi my friend i think it was not an entirely serious post.

Calling it now in two months Yea Forums will be overrun by morons saying DMC2 is great and 3 is overrated

As much as I dislike the worst nintedofags I really wish that they don't get to play that game. No one deserves that, I don't understand why I finished it

I'll say it right now. DMC2 is great and 3 is overrated.

If they weren't going to put the HD Collection on witch, they would have been better of with releasing Donte's Big Adventure: FUCK YOU instead.

Explain yourself

Can the Switch even handle that game?
Genuinely asking I've never played one so I don't know

You'd be right.
I'd love to see Switchfags defend this.

2 is better than the average video game and 3 isn't as perfect as people make it out to be; it's merely a good game.

During the Japanese direct they actually talked about it along with the RE ports.
The tagline they used essentially translated to "Its the second one"
They did the same thing with the RE games where they talked up RE1 and RE4 but 0, 5, and 6 had no praises.

I can't fucking believe some of you retarded Nintendo fans are going to pay Crapcum 20 dollars + tax each for these

user dropping the redpill on us already

I'll earn it back by pirating Icebore in 4 months.

Attached: Facetheface.jpg (171x169, 7K)

>2 is better than the average video game
2 is pretty boring man. It's not as bad as people make it out to be but it's nowhere near as good as 3. Your reasoning is pretty flimsy.

Easily

It's indefensible, Capcom should be ashamed

It's a last gen game with some slight improvements and the Switch has been getting a lot of those, so I don't see why not.

If I had the entire PS2 library assigned to a random number generator, I'll take the random number assigned game over DMC2 every time.

Well, people want DMC 3.

And sometimes, you have to go through Hell to get to Heaven.

>We've separated all the HD collection and are gonna piece meal it out for switch
>Woops, right, the only reason we got anyone to play one of these games is because we packaged it together with good games

Even just Capcom games is likely to get you a worse game.

>implying anyone ITT actually played this game and not just moused over it in HD Collection with disgust

Reminder that Majin DT has a unique moveset depending on how you use the analogs.

I fucking bought it on PS2 after being blown away by DMC1.

glad i have my xbox one copy.... fuckin capcom.

DMC2 is the first DMC game I ever played. I didn't touch the series again until you could buy 4 for like £10.

Highly untrue

Clearly you've never played Dos or X7.

Yeah, Fuck this game

I've played and completed DMC2 along with Bloody Palace on PS2, PS3, and PS4. Dante's design is what keeps me from dropping the game. Must have played the game a total of 20 times.

Attached: 1567559850301.jpg (468x528, 74K)

>Zoom-zoom

Attached: 13741824578541.png (973x702, 819K)

I don't get why they chose 2. It's the worst one and nobody likes it. The only one people may dislike more is Donte.

I'm probably older than you I just hate JRPGs and don't play them

Holy shit,you're an insane buffoon

Attached: 1529365447513.jpg (393x1800, 150K)

Wrong. Still own my original.

I do miss the stinger impact feeling though. DMC1 did it best compared to any other game.

At least we can associate that outfit with ONE good game.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

I'll take Mega Man X7 over DMC2 any day. Not sure what Dos is.

It's a mess. But that doesn't mean there aren't things to appreciate:

Great OST, with tracks like bust the beast, heads or tails, ragnarok, cursed giant, shoot the works, etc.
Cool character designs for Dante/Lucia, including stylish alts.
Playable Trish, with weapon swapping.
Lonely atmosphere, including some interesting architectural variation (see mission 11, 4, the clocktower ascent, the gradual transition between Lucia's rural hamlet and the modern cityscape, plus the moody skyboxes in general). The 3142 artbook really sells this, and the concepts of the 'demonification' of the real world in the latter stages clearly influenced DmC.
Some genuinely good animation work, such as walljumps, animated hair, dodges, lucia's pause combos, unique shotgun enders, DT only combos...
A number of decent boss visual designs, namely furiataurus, bolverk, 1st form transformed arius, and despair embodied.
The mechanics (with emphasis on movement and shooting) work genuinely well for certain bosses. Play aggressively and mix up between dodging and up close can be fun against despair embodied, transformed arius, 2nd phase nefasturris, final plutonian...
Finally the credits sequence is honestly quite cool, go check it out on youtube. It's almost enough to fool you into thinking the game was decent.

Still a stain on the series overall, but it's been long enough to recognize these positives, alongside the obvious introduction of twosome time, weapon swaps, bloody palace, etc.

Shit, I completely forgot about that. I must have said, "Nope, not canon" enough to actually block it from my memory.

Yeah that's dope though

DMC1 didn't even chart, people aren't falling for capcom's bullshit.

Just holding my breath for DMC3.

>I'm someone who doesn't care about quality of gameplay

Attached: 1536705641582.jpg (480x712, 25K)

>port Revelations 1 and 2 to switch
>add gyro and loading screen minigames
>priced at $20 like other versions even if late
>reviewed and received well, became the best selling versions
2 years later
>port Re0,1,4
>nothing added
>$10 more expensive
What the fuck happened?

How much did it sell?

why switchfags didn't got the collection?
that only works if people don't know about the game.

I fucking knew at some point Yea Forums would be the contrian faggot it is and claim its good

we all knew it was trash when it came out and still is now

Never played too and I'll pick it up out of morbid curiosity. After hearing for almost 20 years how bad it is, it's time to experience it for myself. Never bought the HD collection since I own 1 and 3 on PS2 and the collection fucks with too much stuff.

They realized Switch ports make a lot of money, so they started pumping them out faster and faster with less effort.

This IS the collection, just ripped out and sold individually.

>They realized Switch ports make a lot of money
They're selling like shit.

>stab her in the back while she turns around

My headcanon is that DMC2 Dante was acting edgy and dark because he was trying to impress Lucia.

Does anybody else share this?

Attached: dante-dmc2.jpg (1400x1400, 208K)

same

Attached: 1566273006342.gif (455x262, 1.87M)

Pic related is Capcom's thoughts in regards to Nintendo

Attached: 72c[1].jpg (500x375, 15K)

moron

I still got the RE4 and 1 ports since I haven't played them since they were released on the gamecube. I'd also buy VJ1&2 and K7

Source? Weren't publishers going on about how well shit sells of switch?

Inb4 videos along the lines of "Devil May Cry 2: An Overhated Masterpiece " just because its on Switch.

Attached: 1566872087225.png (990x990, 632K)

They are saving the DevilMayCry X - Dante Must Die, Son of Sparda, Pizza Krazy Definitive Edition, release to match that of Dante being in Smash release

>>implying anyone ITT actually played this game and not just moused over it in HD Collection with disgust

I S-ranked the whole stuff ama

Attached: Devil May Cry® HD Collection_20190821225051.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

Attached: Devil May Cry® HD Collection_20190821225435.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Attached: 1566906128412.jpg (289x208, 15K)

this is possibly the worst game Capcom has ever made

He was probably like that because he found out about Vergil, which lead to a depression(the anime shows him pretty beat up) so he just lived life fighting.

Now THIS is a true DMCfag, fucking madlad.

Attached: 1566195304892.jpg (515x514, 60K)

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1560428592047.gif (366x245, 224K)

Didn't need to do yourself like this m8.

Capcom's port jobs have been increasingly selling less and less

I can't believe these madlads are actually doing it, charging 20 buckaroos for DMC 2 holy shit

Attached: 1528767194276.jpg (500x502, 188K)

Advice to keep the style meter up ? I know about dodging and shooting all the time, but that's about it ? Also, advice to s-rank the missions in general ?

I played Dante's side of the game back during DMC5's pre-release hype and it sucked. I went from bored indifference to pure hatred of this game. I didn't play Lucia' side until just a month ago. Sucked too, but at least her flying kicks are kinda fun.

Attached: DMC2-Ebony_&_Ivory.jpg (1808x2348, 1.61M)

I'm positive Capcom is purposely being this scummy so they can tell shareholders that they shouldn't push for switch games.

>mfw
>Spend entire life thinking DMC2 is "uncomboable"
>Sees this shit
youtu.be/TDWZIoPzSLE
youtu.be/xuS8LaaWJ8A
Oh fuck, I'm a fucking casual.

Attached: 1561048904269.jpg (464x577, 52K)

Even the style names are worse than the other games

absolutely crazed and red orbed

Attached: 1554401176185.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Shooting and dodging are what keeps the style meter and keep it afloat, even better when you play with chrono heart equipped with ice elements. The most difficult stuff is when you're dealing with a boss only missions. Try to end the fight with an S rank and stand as close as possible to the boss so you can snatch the orbs on time to get an S rank on orbs category.

The hardest bosses to beat with S rank are Tateobesu, Trismagia, and Despair Embodied.
For Tateobesu you have to play as Trish to get an S rank by attacking him with melee then shoot Artemis twice, rinse and repeat. Keep in mind that it won't be optimal fighting him when he was trapped between the pillars as he could clipped easily through the wall makes you lose your style meters.

Trismagia boss is more of a rythm game where you should press the dodge button at the right time in the right directions. Despair embodied is the hardest on his first form, while at the second form you'll be okay as long as you equip ice elements on your DT with flame heart and stock a shitton of devil star L.
One final advice is to keep devil star L in stock because the ranking systems in item is BROKEN. You can use up to 9 devil Stars L and you still got the A rank.

For more details visit this guide steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1753766220 and Javelina Devil user on YT. He had all the bosses in there.

>implying implications

Attached: 1545591099598.png (938x85, 17K)

>he found out about vergil
I heard this fancanon a lot, but I didn't understand because I haven't played 2. People saying he went to hell to look for vergil in hope he's still alive? Is that what happened or is it mentioned anywhere?

Attached: IMG_20190831_234259.jpg (800x1058, 152K)

Dante for sure is a poser, but I don't know seeing how he friendzones her in the 5 novel. I consider it more of a everyone I've ever loved is dead and killing demons is all I know phase

Why do people hate DMC2? It's my favorite out of all the games.

Attached: 1554079936100.jpg (288x499, 38K)

Thanks a lot user ! Also, is it really possible to use Devil stars and get an S-rank ? Because I don't use any item at all while playing DMC. Also, more tips to S-rank missions with Dante ?

>You can use up to 9 devil Stars L and you still got the A rank.
Welp, a little bit of mistake there.
when you use 4 devil stars L your rank will be A, if you use 9 your rank would be B. But you can still do it with consuming 9 devil stars L while scoring an S rank on everything else.

>Weren't publishers going on about how well shit sells of switch?
Yes.
New ports that don't have collections. Jew moves like this are flopping hard.

Only just realized that Vergil battle 2 theme was probably based from some parts of this song, mainly the drums
youtube.com/watch?v=7NZZczu31QU
youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiLDd2AjI

Attached: 1565886585210.jpg (504x547, 72K)

No, Dante went to hell to stop Argosax but he got stuck there. The Vergil headcanon is because DMC2 takes place after DMC1 and Dante thought he killed Vergil when their last time seeing each other after their final battle in DMC3.
So yeah, Dante being depressed makes sense when you considere this.

Dance macabre

apparently shes in the pre 5 novel and seems to be flirting with dante. its a damn fucking shame they wont actually show that though

>£48 for a £25 collection
Capcom can suck my arsehole

Going off eShop Charts. You can filter to digital only releases (in order to give DMC a better chance.) The game released on the 25th June so:

Weekly eShop Top 30 for June 29th:
gonintendo.com/stories/338937-switch-eshop-charts-june-29th-2019
>Devil May Cry does not show up in the Top 30 digital exclusive eShop games during the week it released.

Weekly eShop Top 30 for July 6th:
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-6-2019/
>Devil May Cry is ranked at number 20

Weekly eShop Top 30 for July 13th:
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-13-2019/
>Devil May Cry is ranked at number 29

Weekly eShop Top 30 for July 20th:
nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-july-20-2019/
>Devil May Cry is out of the Top 30 completely

Devil May Cry 1 never shows up in the eShop charts again. Now remember, this is stacking the deck in DMC1's FAVOUR. If you look at the actual Top 30 that combines all games, DMC never even charted in the Top 30. It's two pitiful showings had to come from charts that excluded any game that had a physical release in any form (even limited run prints like Flipping Death, Death Mark, Town of Light etc.) Devil May Cry 1 flopped super hard. More people bought Okami HD during the launch of DMC1 on Switch.

No, if you use even one of them, your rank on item would be reduced to A. The tips to S-rank with Dante is the same as everyone else really. Abuse the sit out of items and Chrono Hearts. If you attempt to S-rank Lucia disk, don't bother using Lucia, she's the most useless playable character in DMC. Use Trish instead. She's a lot more versatile than both Dante and Lucia. Her roundtrip is good to build up ranks and her killer bee moves has a long range which could amplify the style meter while being used simultaneously when round trip is active. Also stinger is highly effective to build up your style as both Dante and Trish.

That's all the tips i can give you, although i'm sure i can help out more if you specify which missions/bosses you want to score with

It's not even DMC: Devil may cry that's the only good one, pass.

Rightly so it fucking flopped. Capcom deserve it for gutting the collection just so they could sell it for twice the price.

That's pretty sweet, I didn't even know Trish was counted as Lucia for S-rank. Any advice to S-rank Jokatgulm ?

I was bitching about DMC2 on Yea Forums within weeks of the board being made.

I still remember getting called a nintendo fanboy and being told I was just trying to flame it to cover up how Playstation was Capcom's new favourite platform. I to this day dunno if it was just Sony fanboys or if there were really people that thought it was decent who got defensive over my posts.

I even got a tempban for bringing it up too much. How time flies.

>Track is called "Devil Tower"
>Later re-used in a boss battle on top of a devil tower
Cheeky wanker.

>they wont actually show that though
Which is curious since Trish is the "momzone", Lady doesn't care for him, Lucia is the only one who actually is a sweet to him.
>Dante goes to hell
>Lucia waits for him to return in his place
>Cries when she sees him back

>Dante goes to hell(again)
>Trish and Lady wants to take his place to them
>Doesn't give a fuck if he is in hell

Attached: 20190210_144340.jpg (249x363, 34K)

Attached: 1567196971133.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

This is a true fan right here, brothers

What mission was hardest?

I bought DMC1-3 at release on PS2 (not even the SE version of DMC3, the original)
I bought DMC4 on release on PS3
I bought the HD collection on PS3
I bought the special edition of DMC4 on PS4
I bought the HD Collection on PS4
I bought the blu-ray of the DMC anime
I bought two of the DMC3 manga
I bought an issue of the DMC comic
I bought one of the shitty DMC2 light novels
I bought DMC5 on PS4

I am a man that buys his Devil May Cry (except DmC fuck that shit.) If even I can't bring myself to buy these Switch ports, then who will?

It's even weirder that they seem to trust Vergil with him, especially Lady

As Dante: Stand on the far-right corner of the area, get close enough to the head just enough distance to prevent the tentacle sweep attack. Then shoot Jokatgulm's head with E&I, SMG, and Rocket Launcher while constantly switching back and forth between them every half a second/a second or so, as doing that shit build up ranks. Don't be greedy and make sure to back off and stay far away from her when you managed to build up enough ranks (i backed off when i built up my style from nothing to C, for reference) then if you managed to score an S-rank, go ahead and wreck her using Caligula (Dante's ranged attack while on DT by pressing square)

As Trish: Round trip the tentacles while combining it with Chrono heart to build your combo to S rank, jump, activate DT, shoot a bit to keep your style meters up, then Air Raid the head until she dies.

DMC isn't that great to be on other consoles. Nintendo is making a bigger name for itself but right now it's between Xbox and Playstation. I feel that Ninja Gaiden a once Ninty game is so great now that it deserves to be on Xbox One or PS4 but DMC? DMC should be on a small console like the Switch. I'm buying this if more DMC games are released on the Switch.

The infested chopper level, the Tateobesu level, and Dante's final mission.

Why not just port the HD collection? This is fucking retarded.

I might get DMC3 on the Switch when it comes out, but that's it, and it's still a big "maybe"
Not releasing the whole 1-3 collection as one game is scummy as fuck

Oh and Dante's mission 16 as you have to fight Bolverk and Trismagia while trying not to get hit too much by either of them to reduce your ranks on damage.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucia and Nero shows up in hell to save Dante and Vergil, and Nero just says "Trish and Lady didn't wanted for you to comback because they wanted the shop for themselfs, so they didn't come".

Thanks user ! Also, How do you S-rank infested chopper ?

I not only played it until DMD on my PS2 but also played with the HD Collection in my PS3, which I went on and even platinum'd. The worst part was doing Bloody Palace until level 9000. That said, yeah, it's a terrible game and nobody should care for it.

The only way to feel worse playing it would be if you tried to S-Rank, because of all DMC games while DMC2 is the easiest game, it's actually the hardest to S-Rank.

This user suffered the most, may the Sparda have mercy on your soul.

Attached: 1567556053730.png (575x446, 169K)

Just shoot and dodge. It's easier said and done though as the AI gets more aggressive the harder the difficulty. What you must be careful with with the IC is the missile attack, as the chopper frequently use that attack outside the camera range so your only bet is just the sound cues when it initiated that attack.

>Trish and Lady wants to take his place to them
I enjoy some of the quirk of DMC4, but it really fucked their characterization as just the bothersome harpies Dante barely tolerates the antics of.

I don't know whose idea that was but it did no favors. Dante putting on an act as the provoker makes sense, it's how we've been shown he copes, but it makes no sense for them to behave like they do now given they were his straight man before.

*than

>Just shoot and dodge
>To get S on a style meter
>In a FUCKING DMC GAME
Well fuck, that's absolutely counter-intuitive if you've ever played the rest of the series, now I understand why my style meter sucked ass on my playthroughs. I guess the dodges raise the style meter and you keep it afloat by shooting. Well, fuck.

Lap it up ninshitchcels, daddy needs you to keep funding DD2

>I guess the dodges raise the style meter and you keep it afloat by shooting.
It is but you won't raise the rank fast if you only rely on the two. Stinger is what raise the rank the most.

NUH-UH

>baby's first dungeon crawler
>good game

Attached: 1551259360588.jpg (599x449, 68K)

Yes of course user, but I think it's gonna be very hard to stinger that stupid chopper. Also, what are the best combos with Dante and in which situations ?

Is this some kind of monkeys paw? I want Lucia back & all I get is new art in Teppen and this? I mean, I like the prequel novel appearance but I'd like something for DMC5 the game.

if they were appropriately priced, it would be better as separate entries, cause then I wouldn’t have to buy DMC2, but on Switch it’s more expensive to get DMC1 and eventually DMC3 together than the Collection on any other system

>what are the best combos with Dante?
NONE lmao although there are one effective combos that i use a lot against enemies with a shitton of health, namely the goats: Press the triangle button three times while not moving the analog stick then immediately chain it with Stinger.

user, you almost motivated me to try the same, i respect you

>someone who doesn't care about quality of gameplay
I think I kinda understand you point but you're definitely not articulating correct ly.

DMC2 introduced a lot of concepts that would go on to be refined in the other games, but yeah, it wasn't that great by itself.

So funny enough, Capcom basically did this with resi last year on switch. They released 4, then 5 and then 6. Now they sell a physical copy with all three and I think a digital bundle too. I’m expecting something similar for DMC trilogy, especially since 2 comes out this month. I can easily see three coming out December and that bundle(probably still over priced but at least you’re getting all three) by January or something.

Atleast they confirm she exists and had good amount of time in the novel, it could had been worse.

I wanted to play all of them before DMC4 came out. 2 almost made me drop the series and forget about buying 4 at all.
It was very bad user

Attached: 1566313543324.gif (435x250, 3.11M)

Well that's bad news, and during both of my playthroughs of the game I really, and I mean REALLY tried to use the combos, both with the sword and the sword/gun mixed-ones instead of going shooty-shooty all the damn time. Also, fuck that aerial kick combo that keeps screwing with my helm breakers

seething personybro

>what are the best combos with Dante
This one.

Attached: 1546421815055.webm (852x480, 2.78M)

If you press R1 while mashing triangle then you'll execute the three hit combos that ended up with helm breakers. If you mash triangle without pressing R1 then it's just helm breaker. It's retarded and mess with your lock-on i know.

lol no fuckin way

DMC2 beared the cross so that DMC3 could prosper.

Attached: 1554153968279.jpg (1440x1440, 224K)

YES MORE PORTS OF 20 YEAR OLD GAMES NINTENDO WINS AGAIN

Attached: 1548329011531.png (454x520, 13K)

More like the power of Capcom's greed

Weird, I thought the best combo was the 6 hit one that ends with a 360° sword swing. Also, I like DMC 2 warts and all, but that webm is profoundly depressing, between the drab graphics, immobile tank shooting straight ahead no matter what and Dante repeating the same combo a million times. The style meter slowly going up despite nearly nothing happening on screen is just he icing on the depression cake.
Thanks, I thought I was being retarded. Although, I already did 2 playthroughs and still don't know the ins and outs of DMC2's lock-on system so I may very well be.

Tfw ill buy this just to spite zoomers and dmc 2 haters on Yea Forums

>I'm gonna buy a shitty game to spite people

user, it's not even that people hate the game, it's just that it's not very good. I love it, and even I admit that it's kinda shit. You should too.

Its my favorite dmc in terms of aesthetic as well

Calling it it will sell poorly and Capcom will use it as an excuse not to port 3 and 4 to the switch at all.

DMC2 had some cool animations twitter.com/vampright/status/1168391529628454913?s=19

It's a mixed bag in term of aesthetics honestly. The character designs are great, the levels are atmospheric as fuck even if they're kinda empty, and the weapon designs are awesome, but the enemies aren't that great. For exemple the little shitty green/red/blue/whatever gargoyles aren't very inspired, same with the wizard assholes. Boss designs range from average (Jokatgulm) to great (Bolverk, Nefasturris).

I know this feel user

I can say this is the dmc that is most dear to me.

It was also the first one I playef

>The DMC that's the most dear to me
Why 2 out of all the DMC games ? I'm genuinely curious about your reasons, user.

Partly nostalgia and what other anons here have mentioned before. The design and aesthetics they gave Dante in this game just reached out to me, more so than any other iteration.

Jesus christ, more like grounding breaking for the period.

I love this shit, I love the move sets in general

Fair enough. It's not an absolute turd of a game, just an unfinished one with a lot of wasted potential that brought a lot to the series nonetheless.
Damn right. I'd love Capcom to bring back the mixed gun-and-sword move for the next DMC. Also I love all the animations on the dodges, wall runs and the slightly different jump animations depending on the direction.

I didn't know so many anons unironically held dear this game (besides the aesthetic discussion sometimes), you fags are alright sometimes

>twitter.com/vampright/status/1168391529628454913?s=19
>youtu.be/TDWZIoPzSLE
>youtu.be/xuS8LaaWJ8A

youtu.be/guVAeFs5XwE?t=12s
It's still not worth a full game price tag

Remake when

I don't hold dear to it, but anyone that is serious about this series can recognize that it brought interesting things for the series, just fucked in execution because of Capcom fucking the development

Now that's a game that could benefit from a full-fledged remake.
>Unfuck lock-on
>Unfuck combos
>UNFUCK STINGER
>Tweak enemy weight so they don't fly a lightyear away when hit by stinger
>Tweak infested chopper and infested tanks, for example they transform into some ground-based cyberdemonic monsters due to the Infestants
>More enemies in the levels and MORE STUFF TO DO

Honestly, no, there's no point in remaking it because DMC2 ended up serving as a stepping stone for DMC3, if anything, making it open source would be the real redemption

this fucking pisses me off so fucking much. I LITERALLY just bought DMC HD for $15 fuckin dollars on PS4. Why the FUCK does Capcom think it's okay to sell DMC 1, an objectively clunky ps2 game for $30 and then have the balls to try and sell 2 by itself.

Attached: terrible.jpg (640x402, 23K)

Capcom thinks Switch owners are boomers who live in a bubble and dont know about the existence of games outside the Switch

Attached: CapcomTGS.png (1560x877, 1.09M)

>Open source
Not in a million years. I would love it but that's just not gonna happen.

>be able to cancel out of attacks
>nerf the fuck out of guns
>replace the two swords with unique weapons

Attached: 12538726532536.jpg (396x340, 23K)

>not emulating previous generations
What are you, retarded?

Well I would nerf every gun but E&I because I like it when they pack a punch, and adding new weapons that aren't fucking swords or at least have a new moveset seems like a no-brainer.

>those drawings of Dante in the background
Pretty nice desu

I'm new to the series, what's wrong with it?

What isn’t wrong with it is a better question

>Lock-on system is completely fucked
>Braindead easy until DMD
>Fucked up camera angles
>Only 3 swords for close-combat, they all have the same moveset
>They changed the way combos work compared to the superior DMC 1 system
>Big empty environments
>Strats for bosses are "shoot at it until it dies". I once spent 3 minutes straight with the finger on the square button because of that bullshit
>Unimaginative enemy designs except for bosses
>FUCKING INFESTED CHOPPER

>OST
>Character design
>Hair physics
>Animations
>Setting
>Matrix dodges

Attached: 125387253243.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

You forgot Bolverk, Despair Embodied and Arius's voice acting

This.

They really should've just ported over the HD Collection though.

Jews

Worse than tumblr indie shit.
Was never on the top 20 best sellers list
Even niche weeb shit that sold 50,000 total did

No fuck DMC 2

Are they doing this so individual sales of each game will skyrocket when Dante gets in Smash? That's the only explanation I can think of for this buffoonery

Attached: 1566058149829.png (315x289, 78K)

>didn't buy the dmc 1 novel
That's the best one

Attached: 1563022746983.jpg (937x1333, 408K)

Hey, at least we get Dante vs Simon Belmont if that happens.

To truly appreciate 3 you gotta play 2.

>individual sales of each game will skyrocket
They're doing this because its easy money.

But the first one sold like shit on Switch

>watching at 240p

Attached: Slime.gif (560x420, 1.52M)

I do miss the old, angst self of lady from 3 and the more chill trish in the end of 1. Now they just act like they´re trying to mimic Dante

They did the same thing with Resident Evil. It's just Capcom being jewish.

why not release HD Collection?
sounds like jewish thing to me

Attached: Comic_ashley8.png (387x235, 78K)

who /christmas cake office lady who pretended to play DMC in 2005/ here

>Dante gets into smash
>nintendies see wahoo white haired pizza man
>buy the collection after
is my guess

That's still not as weird as the black isle games ports.

underrated

Let me know if you find any

Nigga 2$ is too much

It's the best one dude are you shitposting? Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>Must have played the game a total of 20 times

Attached: 1546257139270.jpg (208x294, 17K)

worst game in the series so why should anyone care ?

Attached: 1560782185117.jpg (1024x682, 33K)

Zero. If Dante ever got in, it'd either be DMC1 or DMC5.

what kind of an dumbass buys switch so they can play outdated re-release games which have already been on more powerful platforms and games that are literally made for kids.
>Yea Forums has hundreds of these idiots
is this board filled with underage normies?

Attached: 1566990016812.png (211x246, 11K)

>DMC Netflix series is being made by the Castlevania guys
Would be pretty hilarious if Dante made it into Smash in that case

The important question is, is this getting a physical release.

Capcom is smart enough to know that Switch owners will buy every game individually so kudos to them.

Well, they are.

all those smash threads should give you a clue

God damn Lucia looked good in dat Diesel clothing.

A good white boy needs a hot CHAWKLIT lady.

was waiting for someone to post this video.