NOT Yakuza

I'm sick of people comparing them to the Yakuza series in protest that these games are bad. First of all, they play almost nothing like each other. This is a simulator at heart with emphasis on martial arts and Virtua Fighter combat with a typical revenge story. It's also aimed at a teen audience. The constant "Yakuza is better" shtick isn't proving anything but your ignorance towards what Shenmue pioneered, the open world which at 1999 was unprecedented and even surpasses GTA III in terms of interactivity. Last time I checked there weren't 6+ games which reused the same assets, brawler combat, same map and shoved a branching storyline down it's throat for a decade.

Every single time there's just another baseless comment comparing Yakuza or whatever when Shenmue isn't exactly that at all. When was the last time martial arts and rural China featured in Yakuza? I really hate these Yakuza comparisons as it's supposed spiritual succesor, it's like someone just begging to tell everyone "I am fucking stupid"

Attached: apps.57969.14495155653283730.29a63469-952d-41d3-b84c-b270eb0b4b14.jpg (1920x1080, 633K)

Yakuza is a brawler JRPG set in modern times.
Describe core elements of a JRPG and Yakuza games have all of them only its combat is a brawler/beatemup.
I guess its an action JRPG.

Shenmue is part a fighting game adventure whit QTE mini-games part walking and asking form directions simulator.
The game literally is most of the time just mini-games and walking and asking for directions if its your first time playing.
The actual VF like combat makes up a small potion of the game.

Yu fucked the series more than once as shown with 3. More news at 10

It's pretty obvious that Yakuza was originally inspired by Shenmue

Shenmu walked so Yakuza could run

>Yakuza is a brawler

user...

Everything Shenmue wanted to be, GTA III and Yakuza did better
Also there's no reason to be hype for Shenmue 3 since it won't be the end of the story since that hack wants to go with the original plans of making three more sequels

And Nagoshi fucked his series by making it turn-based. How do you treat your existing fanbase like that?

I don't even care. I haven't played any yakuza games yet and by the time I get to this turn based shit I likely won't care. I feel bad that that happened though because if I like it then I'll have to deal with that shit.

Shenmue is shit face it user

shitpost. actually pretty much the same.

yokosuka is soul tho. shenmue 2 isnt really. kamuro shit isnt at all. shenmue 3 looks good

Alright then
Sleeping Dogs is better

Not with that shit Batman Arkham combat. Press one button to attack and one button to counter.

soulless shit

Attached: reminder.png (700x700, 64K)

Yakuza combat is brainless batman mashing too you retard

I was comparing it to Shenmue faggot

Not comparable at all, thats true.

Yakuza is a JRPG that happens to have realtime combat. But the combat is basically on the same level as minigames as far as focus for the games go. Which is probably why they change it up now.

imagine being this butthurt and also retarded to think you have to point out the obvious

Yakuza isn't even a brawler anymore LMAO. It's a jrpg. Without Shenmue you yakuza fags don't even have fighting segments anymore LOL

Shemue is king.

>Yakuza is a JRPG that happens to have realtime combat
Where in the fuck are you people coming from? If you showed anyone in the world gameplay from it they'd see a brawler, and acting like equippable items is enough to turn you into an Action RPG is idiotic because the most you can do is buff your defense. What's next, Call of Duty is an RPG because of perks?