World of warcraft forsaken lore

Why are the Forsaken part of the Horde? It makes no sense lore wise.
>noble savages faction
>rocs and trolls abandoning their evil brothers to be a force for good
>tauren perfectly neutral and in tune with every other faction and the world overall, only dislike the wild centaur and quillboar factions
>forsaken are literal aberrations on life, actual zombies, who unironically eat people to heal up
>tauren, orcs and trolls united in the tradition of shamanism, forsaken have no clue about shamanism
>tauren, orcs and trolls respect druids and worship nature, forsaken don't give a shit about either
>tauren have no warlocks, trolls banned warlocks, and orcs are in a cold war with warlocks who have to hide and practice in the dark, forsaken basically are ran by warlocks
They are even on a different continent, with a different front, and different goals.
inb4 hurr durr common enemy, they have a common enemy because they joined, not before that, they hadn't even seen of centaurs or quillboars or elves where they live, and their leader is a literal elf

Attached: wake me up inside.jpg (427x487, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H5rZEpb3nwY
youtu.be/mF_JzjXWUrw?t=32
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/475859937/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ZOMBIE UGLY; ZOMBIE BAD.

If you really think about the morals and ethics of alot of those groups they wouldn't have bound to one side. Tauren, Night Elves, Draeni, and Blood Elves for example all really had no purpose to join Alliance or Horde, with how neutral or worldly these races are (Tauren and Night Elves more than the others) definently sit better as being neutral. But thats before they really had the lore for those groups fleshed out and before they had neutral factions.

I can easily see these factions:
>the old kingdoms: dwarves, gnomes, humans alliance - exploit resource, build cities and roads, research technology, united in industry (and maybe the light?)
>the noble savages horde: trolls and orcs - the goodie clans from the villain races who gained independence and want a peaceful life, united in shamanism
>the hippies circle: taurens and night elves - in tune with nature, neutral, worldly, united in druidism
>the revengeance team: forsaken and blood elves - got hurt, want to strike back, rebelion against the world, united in grimdark revanchism
>the neutral cartel - goblins, out for profit, united in gold
>the too dumb to be part of an organized faction - centaurs, ogres, quillboars, kobolds, gnolls, etc, united in being quest objectives
>the has no feet slot in the inventory so cant be player faction: nagas, united in noshoes

ragtag bunch of misfits band together with clenched teeth for survival because survival trumps petty reasons. this happens all the time in real life as well

>ragtag bunch of misfits
When we last left them (end of Warcraft III campaign) The Horde were a pretty big fighting force. Nothing ragtag about them. Why would they invite the zombies in?

Agreed. Alliance should of been the human races and the horde the more so savage races. My thoughts exactly. If this game really wanted to be bokd they could of broken up the factions and had kore variety in your allegiances and as went time over assimilate them to allaince or horde after establishing WHY they had reason to join. Sort of like the new races. Its understood exactly why the mew races are joining who theyre joining. When vanilla happened it was just accepted because of what happened in the warcraft games but even thsoe dint really explain why.

They just took their warcraft story and tried to force those races in an mmorpg without realizing, why exactly this race is here and that race is there.

Way to many things
PvP wouldn’t work in a game like that u absolute autist

No lorefags here, huh? Okay.
Sylvannas enters a weirdly strained pact with thrall over a mutual defense. Throughout all of WoW there are tons of events that put pressure on the relationship between the races. The undead don't really belong with anyone because they just fucking hate all things living.

You'd have 3 player factions:
The Alliance (of Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes) vs The Horde (of Orcs and Trolls) vs The Broken (Forsaken and Blood Elves).
The Druids (Tauren and Night Elves) would be neutral and of use by both factions, like Goblins were in the base World of Warcraft game, with neutral cities. Same with actual Goblins. The other factions are enemy factions, like the Old Horde (the orcs that aren't Thrall's noble orcs) and the other Trolls (the different clans).

>a cursed elf leading a faction of cursed humans joined the un-cursed orcs who fight both elves and humans
>orcs also just happen to be the one race that is least likely to cure the plague (humans and elves are actively trying to)

Because they were going to get fucked without any protection. The Scarlet Crusade was actually a very competent force of undead hunters, given that they were fighting the actual zombies in the plaguelands, defeated a lich, and still had men and resources to raze Undead encampments. Thrall let them in because he's always been too soft and the alternative was having them get run over.

Convenience. Forsaken don't want another potential enemy in the form of the Horde and the Horde sees value in having safe access to the east by way of the Forsaken.

You should have more factions, and be able to grind population with each. Like how you can grind up to friendly with the Pirates, but lose Booty Bay in the process. Crazy people should be able to be a Forsaken ally of Stormwind if they kill 10000 Defias Bandits or something.

Because they needed a 4th Horde race that started on the Eastern Kingdoms.

Blizzard doesn't give a shit about their lore, they just make whatever they feel like and then attempt to justify it after the fact.

>Because they needed a 4th Horde race that started on the Eastern Kingdoms.
There's Orges that live near the Dwarves.

The Forsaken also lied out of their ass for pity points. Saying shit like they were trying to find a way to reverse their condition. The Tauren bought it hook, line and sinker because they're mega softies hence why there are Forsaken in that part of Thunder Bluff.

Loardaeron just went through two massive zombie invasion. Sylvanas kills the remaining humans in TFT. The Scarlet Crusade is some asspull mobs so that Forsaken can have other enemies than just scourge.
Also everyone fights the scourge in WoW. Not only the Forsaken. You have the asspull argent dawn for that.
>Thrall let them in because he's always been too soft
Thrall is perfectly aware of what he's doing. He wants what's best for the Horde.

I dont think id mind this. Its makes sense to a certain degree. You see defectors or both sides alot more commonly the Blood Elves and i think the Draeni? I dont think an human chilling in org or an orc in sw would make much sense in that degree. But the later factions who you think would appeal to a more neutral approach yes i agree.

>I dont think an human chilling in org or an orc in sw would make much sense in that degree.
King's Honor, friend.

Attached: Warchief Saurfang.jpg (683x858, 55K)

Someone explain why when I cast holy spells on forsaken it heals them instead of hurting them like it would in wc3

they never figured out how to do ogre females
also I fucking hate how gimped ogres and other neutral creatures are in wow. One ogre takes a small army to kill
no way some schmuck adventurer should be able to clear them by dozens

You know that every Alliance leader sucks the cock of the Horde right?

gameplay and lore segregation

goblins in stv?

It used to hurt them in the closed beta and we had ogres in the horde too, but with 1 head, and the paladin anti-undead spells used to work on forsaken.
they changed it for the obvious mechanical imbalance it creates, even if it fucks the lore. forsaken are NOT undead, they are forsaken, which is a different thing now.

i love the nightborne
i racechanged all my characters to nightborne when possible
i'm glad the nightborne are in the horde
suramar is the best city in the game
why don't you love the nightborne, user

Attached: Star_Aligner.jpg (1024x1365, 245K)

Wait is this legit? Havent played in a bit last i played surafang was still for the horde even after being captured.

you dumb fucking retard.

just make them sameface and call it a female why do they even care?
Or make it a male only race that only reproduces by raping other species who gives a fuck?

>whored leaders

Attached: w7o74vt8kkw11.png (2590x2624, 3.58M)

>only reproduces by raping
ugh thats very problematic

It began with the Tauren being the naive fucks that they are when they fell for the lie that the Forsaken was merely seeking a cure to their condition. Obviously they were full of shit, but by then the Forsaken had proven their usefulness. IIRC Thrall also had a bit of sympathy for their plight because they reminded him of the demon enslaved Orcs.
Later it became mere pragmatism though. The Horde would get a foothold in the Eastern Kingdoms. No more no less.

I can make the same pic with Tyrande who let Saurfang go away because his musk makes her dizzy.

Thrall let them in because they have the sickest comfy Inn song in the game
youtu.be/H5rZEpb3nwY

Attached: baa.jpg (1024x548, 73K)

King's Honor, friend.

>you dumb fucking retard

Did you actually read my post? The last i played was saurfaung was captured and went defective against Slyvannas because she burned the world tree.

As crazy as Blizzard drives this story is it really that strange to believe it especially after he swears against her? Fuck off faggot.

>should of

Stopped reading there.

>un-cursed orcs
nigga are you serious? Azeroth orcs are literally cursed by the blood of mannoroth. That's why they're all green. That was half of the plot of the fucking Orc campaign of WC3.

Thanks for the (You), friend!

But footman Saurfang is serving in his majesty the King of Stormwind's army.

>durr, durr we naive, we side with Orcs who kill Cenarius and cut his trees, but we are druids and cool with nature, we swear!!
Tauren aren't dumb. They do what's best for the Horde.

>Horde are muh noble savages
Nothing fucking noble about them. They're savages, brutal and uncompromising, they take what they want and fuck over anyone that tries to defend themselves from their voracious greed.
>Tauren are perfectly neutral, only disliked by factions whos lands and resources they've violently taken for themselves

But really the only reason the forsaken are a part of the Horde is so that even the most retarded mongoloid would still understand that the Horde is the evil faction.... and then there's blizzdrones who STILL don't get it.

Gameplay reasons, the plot of having them join was written around the fact it was just easier to have two factions with the same amount of races. Said reason was just a Alliance of convenience to be able to fend off Scourge and Alliance.

He is? He planned the entire invasion of the Night Elf homeland. Thanks to him the Horde achieved what the Legion never could. Doesn't sound like a pro Alliance character to me.

>horde is the evil faction!
Thrall is Spartacus leading the slave rebellion. He saved the lost Darkspear Trolls from genocide by the Murlocs and Naga. He saved the Tauren caravan from the Centaur hordes, while they were trying to run from their dying oasis to a new one. He is an entirely good, positive character.

Then maybe they should drop the pacifist act.

Bottom line is: Warcraft ended at 3 and stop discussing this shitty fanfiction.

>dindu hordie
like clockwork

We're discussing WoW here, buddy.

You missed the part where the "slave" are actually genocidal alien invaders and that putting them in a camp was far to generous.

Tauren joined the orcs because:
>the orcs save them from extinction during WC3 campaign
>they want to teach the orcs of druidism and being good, and save their souls
Basically Tauren have battered girlfriend Stockholm syndrome. And thats also the reason they accepted the Forsaken, to cure them. Tauren are healers who need to help even villains, naively thinking they can cure the villainy.

There are some reasons given as to why the Forsaken joined the Horde and the Nightelves joined the Alliance, how about you adress them instead of arguing from ignorance?

Attached: 1529699497865.jpg (2000x1857, 378K)

Why not? It works on Night Elves. These cucks actually gave them all their knowledge on druidism.

>Bottom line is: Warcraft ended at 3 and stop discussing this shitty fanfiction.
>then calls orcs Dindus and evil
In Warcraft 3 the orcs under Thrall are not in any way evil. They are LITERALLY the noble savage trope.

You're right they don't fit in but I think both sides see the benefits of this uneasy alliance. I wish there were quest lines and some prominent horde characters that publicly protest the undead being in the horde...would make for some good stories.

There might be some in the classic already and I forgot.

>They are even on a different continent, with a different front
this is the entire point
the horde wants a presence in the eastern kingdoms. so they ally themselves with the forsaken, who are radically different from them but are persecuted by the alliance in similar ways that the mainstream horde is, so that the alliance has to spend the resources to fight on two fronts if they want to try anything. they probably would not have allied if the horde was still based out of EK or if the forsaken were on kalimdor for some reason.

>He saved the lost Darkspear Trolls from genocide by the Murlocs and Naga.
Moments before doing worse to the quilboar, the fucking hypocrite shite.
>He saved the Tauren caravan from the Centaur hordes
More like he butchered the centaur who were defending their lands from the invading Tauren, who came from thousand needles.
>He is an entirely good, positive character.
Narratively, maybe, but his actual actions are destructive and savage. He fails to reign in the warsong scouring ashenvale. allies himself with undead abominations and helps them destroy peaceful locales like hillsbrad and further assaults the beleaguered people of arathi. What Thrall SAYS is noble, what he DOES is savage.

This is a shitty race and a shitty fraction. There are many reasons.

Because they had no reason to be "evil".
They had no chance against the humans, and thanks to deus ex plot, Thrall got a CGI cinematic telling him that going to Kalimdor was the best option anyway.

>jesus christ daelin almost killed us all, thank god jaina gave us this chance
>we better keep out heads down and make sure we convince the rest of the Alliance that we're worth keeping around
>What's that Sylvanas? you want our help building your NAZI DEATH CAMPS TO WIPE OUT ALL THE REMAINING LIVING HUMANS IN YOUR COUNTRY?
>LET'S DO THIS!

Yeah and it has been many years since Thrall led the horde. Since the warchief is essentially a dictator the ideals of the horde will shape according to the mind of whoever holds the position.

Yes, I called them dindus because those pictures are from shitty fanfiction.

All Horde factions start on Friendly reputation with each other, except Forsaken. They start as Neutral. That's why Forsaken players need to grind more to become Exalted with Orgrimmar.
Also Tauren, Trolls and Orcs are often found together, but Forsaken NPCs are rare near them. There's just some Forsaken in Thunder Bluff, looking for the cure. Not sure if there are any Orcs or Trolls in Undercity either.
I think thats about the extent of it.

Yea basically they allied with the forsaken so they could start shit, like the violent savages they are.

Read the quests. It is pretty obvious ever since Classic that Sylvanas was under Old God influence. There are lots of Forsaken who leave Sylvanas only to be killed by Horde players. They practically admit to the Player that they fooled the Horde into believing they are looking for a cure for Undeath and most of the Forsaken in Kalimdor is just a cover-up for that.

It is all in the Classic quests. Try reading them.

I know that. Doesn't change that they are now part of the Horde and they understand the interest of the Orcs like conquering Ashenvale or siding with the Forsaken.

it's a bait user.

>>Moments before doing worse to the quilboar, the fucking hypocrite shite.
the quilboar are barely sentient creatures with no desire to make friends with anyone or anything else. may as well call the alliance evil because they keep terrorizing the poor innocent kobolds, murlocs and gnolls who casually raid their shit. especially gnolls who make tents out of human skin

There is a tauren in undercity that the undead trick you into poisoning, at least.

There's also orcs in Tarren Mill, and plenty around the plaguelands.

Gameplay, pure and simple. Nothing in WoW makes sense, it's there for gameplay's sake. They come up with "lore" things to justify mechanics and other shit.

>recycling human leather is bad
>but building steam engines is good
Join the Eco-Fascist Tauren Horde, destroy the industrycucked Humans, Gnomes and Dwarves! Forsaken are good boys, they dindu nuffin, they just recycle dead humans so they don't rot and produce carbon.

Except the orcs literally come from another fucking planet and then another fucking continent to kick their shit in and murder them everywhere they go. The orcs have made no attempt at a peaceful existence, the first thing they did when they landed was pick sides and butcher locals.
>he quilboar are barely sentient creatures with no desire to make friends
They fucking make an alliance with the undead, they are far more diplomatic that any horde faction.

yeah this is why i think the horde is always going to be the more interesting faction, just because of the internal conflict present within the faction. anything that the forsaken and the savage horde clash on has potential to be interesting. better than the hivemind friendship club that is the alliance. although apparently next expansion that will change.

Attached: 6DOQ8oo[1].jpg (901x661, 125K)

>What do you mean we're the baddies? Just drink the demon blood you fucking grunt.

Attached: guldan.jpg (1143x1600, 310K)

>just because of the internal conflict present within the faction.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's not because WoW lore, especially Alliance is trash that it makes your faction better.
Horde are just the devs faction. That's why they are allowed to have internal conflict while still destroying the Alliance and making the Night Elves their breeders.

Nah, Horde is never going to be interesting. They had a chance when the first plague hit during WotLK to just say "fuck this shit we should have seen it coming" but instead they went "WE GOT ATTACKED FROM THE INSIDE, DECLARE WAR ON THE ALLIANCE AND DEFEND THE UNDEAD, QUICK!"

Alliance had alot of internal conflict in vanilla, for example the Defias brotherhood.

Gul'Dan did nothing wrong

>alliance with the scourge
the scourge doesn't make allies, you goon, they assimilate them.

Attached: 1549695791778.jpg (255x220, 7K)

Convenience. Like literally a case of the enemy of my enemy.

The horde figured they had nothing to lose by having another faction on their side. However, they weren't "really" a part of the core horde, as made evident by them originally starting neutral with the other factions.

Because everything must be equal in WoW.
Alliance doesnt get an extra base anywhere without horse equivalent somewhere else.
Alliance shouldve had 2 unique classes (druid pal) instead of just pal, but because they couldnt be aased to make another class for horde, they didnt want ally to have more stuff, so they just slapped druids onto tauren.
Night Elves being in alliance also doesnt make sense. At best they would be neutral with it.
Also
>orcs worship nature
Lol no. They destroy woods so they can build shit with wood. Ever played Warsong Gultch or went into Ashenvale?

Ever been to Razorfen? The Lich is a guest there, nobody is in chains.

Nice reading comprehension there faggot. Fact is that the quilboar engaged in diplomacy and made an alliance (whether the scourge fucks them over for it is a different matter entirely) where the Horde are just a bunch of brainless savages that kill them in their homes and homeland at every opportunity

And then WotLK happens and they defend the traitorous Forsaken to the point of starting a three-pronged war with the Alliance, despite the Forsaken having done absolutely nothing to earn this loyalty.

The forsaken were going to be crushed by the Alliance sooner or later, in BFA they're nearly wiped out. The Horde needed allies on the eastern kingdoms and above all respects violence.

Forsaken have literally always been the most evil race in the game, the only reason they were allowed into the horde was because the tauren trusted them when they said "oh no we hate being zombies and want to get better". And then immediately after being let in they betrayed the tauren by getting chummy with the grimtotem and giving them the poison recipe to kill cairne.

Sylvanas was literally fucking playing with old good blood in vanilla.

Attached: 1493446169296.jpg (512x768, 417K)

Same with the Blood Elves, it seemed like when they needed the Alliance the most it failed them, the Horde has always been the group who united due to hardship when their people were at their lowest, the Forsaken weren't going to rejoin humans in the Alliance, their whole concept is basically the loss of innocence.

Attached: 1515755667048.jpg (4833x1946, 1.25M)

>haha bro just ignore the sickened walking corpses and your fellow quillboar walking around all sickened and undead-like we're totally not gonna make all of you into them like we did northrend and lordaeron i swear :DDDD

Attached: 1557829411905.png (460x109, 6K)

>WE GOT ATTACKED FROM THE INSIDE, DECLARE WAR ON THE ALLIANCE AND DEFEND THE UNDEAD, QUICK!
but it was varian that declared war on the horde, not the other way
what are you about seething alliancelet?

Nothing makes sense with WoW. Including Blood Elves joining the Horde. WoW Draenei joining the Alliance seems logical...by a giant longshot compared to Night Elves joining the Alliance.

the AIDF is out in full force tonight i see

Attached: 1532172710968.png (1155x1200, 435K)

Mental I love you and what you do man but the forsaken have been nothing but a detriment to the horde.

>Failing reading comprehension not just once, but again AFTER things were explained to you
Isn't it a little late in America right now?

>the Horde has always been the group who united due to hardship when their people were at their lowest
That's also the fucking point of the Alliance retard. The Horde is a group of beasts designed to invade and conquer.
>their whole concept is basically the loss of innocence.
Wtf is this bullshit.
Also Blood Elves went Horde because of chinkz and incels.

>it seemed like when they needed the Alliance the most it failed them
More like "We need help to get to Outland, and the Alliance might object to us trying to wipe out the Draenei and having an angel chained up to the gangrape machine in our basement". Lucky for them the Horde was there and they're perfectly fine with a little genocide.
>the Forsaken weren't going to rejoin humans in the Alliance
Because they've been committing genocide on them ever since they regained their freedom.

I'd say the biggest reason why the forsaken should GTFO is because they keep doing legit evil shit towards everyone, even other Horde factions. Poisoning them, trying out new toxins, real fucked up shit...and no one seems to give a shit about this in the horde.

>Horde attack Alliance in UC, which they had absolutely no business being in
>Make no effort to atone for their error in trusting the forsaken in the first place, go there to save their shit
>B-b-but i-it was d-duh a-a-alliance!
Lmao my dude.

The forsaken memed them into thinking Shamanism could cure/lessen the suffering of being undead and the Horde could really use that foothold in EK.

Attached: 1560399849587.png (735x880, 150K)

Everyone always talks about how the Forsaken joined the Horde. But no one ever talks about why the Night Elves joined the Alliance. Or rather, why the Alliance even let the Night Elves in.

Remember that the only reason the Horde allied themselves with the Forsaken is BECAUSE the Alliance allied themselves with the Night Elves. But, what does the Alliance even have to gain for that? The Humans are fighting another Horde, The Blackrock clan, and struggling with the Defias Brotherhood, they are also trying to help the Northern humans(Arathi and Hillsbrad) vs the Forsaken AND dealing with Black dragons infiltrating them. The Dwarves are in a war with the Dark Iron Dwarves who have Fire Elementals with them and the Dragonmaw Orcs with their RED Dragon. The Gnomes are just barely hanging on and exiled from their own city.

So WHY would the Alliance even bother with the Night Elves who are fighting Orcs on another continent? Let me remind you the fact that the only Humans who know about Night Elves are the Kul Tiras humans that are led by Jaina. The Stormwind Humans, Ironforge dwarves and gnomes have NEVER even SEEN a Night Elf. So why would they help them?

That is the biggest plothole in the story. My guess is that Pain, Jainas Night Elf friend, got Jaina to somehow convince Bolvar Fordragon, with the approval of Lady Katrana Prestor(Onyxia) to help the Night Elves. In order to fracture the Alliance further and cement more chaos but also to help Nefarian establish strong rule over the Eastern Kingdoms.

Attached: XgVVpbjf.jpg (400x400, 33K)

The Horde is a detriment to the Horde. The fact that it's survived at all is only because Blizzard wants to keep the two faction war going. Otherwise it would have splintered off in half like north and south korea already.

Because without that it makes no sense for the Alliance to not march on Lordaeron and cleanse them all.
Plus it gives the Horde a big hub on the old world just like the Alliance got the Night Elves on Kalimdor.

shoulda been 4 factions

Attached: 4factiondream.jpg (1600x2800, 1.35M)

>Same with the Blood Elves, it seemed like when they needed the Alliance the most it failed them

>When the humans proposed an Alliance of their seven nations, the Wildhammer and Ironforge dwarves, the gnomes, and the high elves, the elves were honor-bound to join it due to their ancestral connection with the Arathi, of whom Anduin Lothar was the last pure-blooded scion. Under Anasterian Sunstrider, they were the least enthusiastic of the alliance and put forth only a token army.

Garithos was just a product of their own behaviour.

Do the Tauren even have any reason to stick with them at this point ? Especially after all the shit with our boy Garrosh.

varian himself declares war against the horde back during wotlk
know your lore, alliancelet
>Horde attack Alliance in UC, which they had absolutely no business being in
gee, an hostile force invading a horde city because a rogue forsaken bombed BOTH sides in a battle
and you're telling me the horde, those that own the city, have no business being there?
must have forgotten to tell sylvanas, who was in the battle for the undercity, to tell her to leave since it *wasn't* her city after all
>Make no effort to atone for their error in trusting the forsaken in the first place, go there to save their shit
except thrall and sylvanas go there to retake the city from varimathras and the putress-fueled rebellion
they literally massacre anyone that is not loyal to sylvanas
and after the battle they occupy the city with kokron forces
did you forget or what?
>B-b-but i-it was d-duh a-a-alliance!
by all cases it was
100%
the alliance started the cataclysm conflict
and the alliance ended it, with varian offering peace to voljin at the end of mop
you can stop masturbating to your /pol/ fantasies now
how about you talk about the BFA war, that was started by the horde and by sylvanas alone?

Attached: fagrian.png (1642x66, 15K)

Garrosh accidentally killing cairne is traced back to forsaken being cunts.

Hmmm....
>be human
>your life is cutting trees, extracting ore from the earth cutting down forests to plant grain, killing wild animals
>same if you are a dwarf, pretty anti-nature, pretty industrial
>elves stand for literally the opposite
>your magic comes from the arcane and the light, their magic comes from the moon and nature
>your economy comes from exploiting the earth, their economy comes from symbiosis with he earth
>the live on the other side of the planet
>your enemies are gnolls, kobolds, troggs, who have nothing to do with their enemies
>your relationship with them is purely due to the anti-legion alliance, so they are equal to orcs in your mind
In the Alliance-Elves-Horde triangle, the Elves really make less sense for an Alliance ally. Humans have unironically been closer to Orcs and have as of late cooperated more with Orcs and have more common enemies with Orcs than they do with Elves.

Why did varian declare war on the horde again user?

I always thought that dividing players into 2 factions is a stupid idea. I and still think that way.
It would've been really intresting to see what WoW could've been if instead being a part of pre-determined faction you could play as no-name mercenary that can pick diffierent factions to join.

Attached: 1520148756403.jpg (280x350, 34K)

>invading a horde city
Forsaken city*
The Forsaken are allies of the Horde, not of the Horde. Not my Horde, fuck you zombies.
Also its a former Human city, and the Forsaken are former Humans, and this all seems like a pigskin civil war to me.

it's more like they can't afford to give a shit about it. the alliance is more powerful from a military perspective, the horde really needs all the help they can get. if they tell the forsaken to fuck off, they
>lose their own territory in the eastern kingdoms
>lose the military might of the forsaken, probably the strongest individual horde race in a vacuum
>put a new enemy on the blood elves' door
it's really just not worth it to make a fuss about some war crimes here and there

Attached: 1533999208988.jpg (397x598, 30K)

Because they are a bunch of illegal squatters on a foreign planet known for having caused countless death and tragedy ?
Thrall can be Jesus all he wants but the Orcs need to fucking go.

Because the Horde race that built Horde bioweapons with Horde resources under command of Horde leaders including a Horde Dreadlord attacked them.
Obviously it was completely unprovoked, the Horde had nothing to do with that attack.

The Tauren have a vested interest in keeping the horde alive and having a strong alliance. The world of azeroth is getting smaller and smaller with the rate of technological advancement. They would be left behind on the global stage.

>Garrosh accidentally killing cairne is traced back to forsaken being cunts.
Traced back by whom? By the players, in the meta game, or by actual in world characters who could tell this to the tauren?

>That's also the fucking point of the Alliance retard

Men and Dwarves had always been butt buddies, the High Elves weren't as close since they were highborne descendants who wouldn't want to get involved unless absolutely necessary, the concept of the Alliance existed before the orcs even got to Azeroth.

>Wtf is this bullshit.

Many undead questlines are about them holding some sort of grudge or being nostalgic about how things were before they got raped into being undead. Sylvannas herself was a highborne descendant who would have rather just died but Arthas went lolno.

Attached: 1520427847685.jpg (1475x964, 506K)

because he was purposely being written as a huge faggot
alternatively, he blamed the horde as a whole for the sins of a single individual who was acting by his own
>putress
>horde
>varimathras
>horde
(You)
glory to the banshee queen
you fucking faggot, we're in the horde deal with it

Attached: fagrian fagrynn.png (1350x543, 73K)

world of warcraft foreskin lore

Jaina regrets this so much.

>forsaken basically are ran by warlocks
forsaken are run by fucking alchemists you cocksucker

>the Horde had nothing to do with that attack.

Attached: 1539027792489.png (1037x752, 198K)

Night elves on the alliance logic works like this:
>nelves ally with horde and Jaina’s alliance after War3, become friends with Eastern kingdoms alliance in TFT
>warsong keep logging ashenvale
>nelves break off with the horde
>now only allied to the alliance
>therefore alliance race
It’s a little iffy but less of a stretch than the forsaken joining the horde.

AFAIK Stormwind was rebuilt after the third world by humans sent by Jaina.

>Established that after joining the horde that the forsaken became friends with the grimtotem
>Established that the forsaken shared all of their knowledge of poisons with the grimtotem
>Established that cairne died from grimtotem poisoning

What ever could they mean by this?

We do not talk about that, stop this right now or you're getting hanged for being a defias supporter.

Didn't Varian Wrynn have literally the same life as Thrall? Being captured, fighting in the arenas as a gladiator, escaping, fighting a war and becoming king? Literally the same dude.

Stupid retard the Forsaken already had betrayed the humans back in Wc3 and this factions is just brainwashed zombies serving "da banshee queen" who wants to be the next Arthas.
"d4th tO tHe LiVinGs"
Lost of innocence my ass.
Also Arthas was mind controlled by an Orc.

>british go to Australia
>british trade guns to the Maori
>Maori use guns to kill each other
>omg the british are murderers
i mean they are, but not in this exact way, and your logic is shite

they're even both boiced by Metzen

she is not real, user
you ought to remember who is behind most of the lore now
and who is purposely writing jaina as another retard

Attached: evil.jpg (4000x4000, 355K)

Yes, and the stonemasons were well compensated for their work and everything went according to plan. Edwin Vancleef? Never heard of him!

The maori arent people, your analogy sucks.

WC3, Forsaken? iirc you played as the scourge

Attached: 1499503371271.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

You right. The biggest joke is that Stormwind were some weak humans who didn't need a global conflic and make new enemies at all.

>Also Arthas was mind controlled by an Orc.

Who was controlled by a Draenei.

the grimtotem/forsaken relationship was never really established in-game though

Jaina is a fucking mess. But it is understandable why she does it. You see, she did not stop Arthas in his massacre and that led him straight to the path as Lich King. This is why Jaina does what she does. That is why she did not let her Father or Varian go nuts and kill.

But trying to understand Jaina like that requires thinking critically with intellectual effort which most of you incels cant do.

Attached: 2345.png (226x223, 5K)

You have a campaign for lich-less undead, led by Sylvanas. They are the Forsaken.

>#notmywarchief
seethe. 4 more expansions.

Attached: 1533371224035.jpg (272x185, 20K)

Why the fuck should blood elves unite with a faction which is partly responsible for genociding their race? It would be even more plausible if they droped blood elves as playable entirely, because pretty much all of them are now serving Illidan. Instead they should have reinstated high elves as a minority of leftover elves in the alliance.

>trying to understand the powerfantasy of a 50yo boomer lady whose works before being employed by blizzard were female high-fantasy romantic books

Nope, hence why he was able to betray the Legion.
The undeads were yelling "My life for Ner'zhul", not "my life for Arthas".

>Ganked by an undead rogue

Lol stay mad and bad

>Deal with the corpses or stop having a buffer against the scarlet lunatics who'll either join the alliance or attack real people
Thrall did the right thing in extending the forsaken a token gesture. A few adventurers fighting crusaders is a small price to keep a big chunk of otherwise prime human land out of organised hands

They also yell for the Burning Legion so... You are wrong.

NOOOOOOO ITS NOT FAIR BROS IT WAS HIS TURN

Attached: vol.jpg (936x529, 45K)

I know it's been 20 years since WC3 was released but that's no excuse for not knowing that Sylvanas formed the forsaken as a splinter faction of the scourge campaign

It's just an gameplay before lore issue, dude. It would have almost made impossible to have a neutral faction in a 2 factions world pvp game.

Nope, never. The Scourge was just a proxy used by the Legion, just like the Horde was.
First thing Ner'zhul does is to kill Malganis.

>Gets made warchief
>Does literally nothing and then dies

>It would have almost made impossible to have a neutral faction in a 2 factions world pvp game.
What is Booty Bay? Who are the Goblins? Who are the Argent Dawn? Who are the Druids?

>"heh darkspear neva die", said troll 1.1 expansions before dying

Ner'zhul wasn't mind controlled but he did endure torture directly on his soul in a timeless realm where 10 years could've easily been a thousand

>die
Not my diagnosis, mon.

Attached: juju.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

youtu.be/mF_JzjXWUrw?t=32
Uh oh. Seems like I just owned you. Now fuck off.

>Nope

Sargeras > Kil'Jaeden > Ner'Zhul > Arthas
Then after they fused there's apparently only Arthas.

May I remind you that Ner'Zhul was tricked into servitude then tortured-bound to his chair, Kil'Jaeden was seduced and Arthas was autistic.

>First thing Ner'zhul does is to kill Malganis.

Further proof that the horde are good guys.

Attached: 1427743213767.jpg (1046x569, 88K)

>Blizz say there's not enough high elves left for them to join the alliance (something something only 1% of them exist guys)
>Meanwhile Senjin village is the darkspear troll capital of the world. 3 huts made of sticks and a grand total of like 5 npcs

>Le Blue vs Red Maymay
Factions were a mistake

>one fucking quote, while they yell "for ner'zhul" a dozen time
Anyway my point still stands : Ner'zhul betrays the legion during wc3. So mind control my ass.

Cuz they are cool

Would be cooler as a third faction though

nerzy never gave a fuck about the legion tho
he plotted the undead shit to wipe out the humans but he had free will the entire fucking time
and he was plotting against kiljaeden since the very beginning
kiljaeden himself ordered the nathrezim to look upon the lich king to make sure he was compliant
and guess what, the lich king himself lured arthas to the blade and forced him to kill a high ranking nathrezim
and it's fun because in legion he claims he wants the dreadlords\nathrezim dead, the best hint of how whoever dons the helm of the lich king gets instantly consumed by nerzhul
say goodbye to bolvar

Horde let lordaeron fall to shit and let all this shit happen in the first place was Varian's logic. Yeah Varian's pretty fucking dumb.
In reality, This along withthe current state of wow can be summed as: Sylvanas is a fucking stupid leader.

The biggest injustice in this whole shitshow that is Alliance vs Horde is still BElves getting fucked off and killed in Dalaran for getting blackmailed into stealing a bell, which pissed them off to want to join the Alliance. All Jaina gets is a slap on the wrist for it and its treated as being equally wrong and even insults Varian for being weak and getting mad at her for committing literal genocide. Even funnier is Jaina literally did the exact same thing on what caused Varian's wife to die and start the Defias except even more fucked up. The moral was Genocide is about as bad as forced larceny, and both Jaina and Lor'themar were being childish.

Thats right, Someone being mad that their race were getting thrown out or killed out of a place they built by people they literally taught how to do the thing they do there was being childish. It was legitimately the stupidest thing in MoP's story, and it made Jaina even more insufferable than she already was by that point.

WoW lore makes absolutely no sense, it's best to ignore it.

Okay, lemme get this straight:
>Sargeras is some planetary creature, and his people procreate by laying planet-eggs
>Azeroth is an egg that has some deformity and he wants to kill it before it hatches
>Sargeras sends his pet Kil'Jaeden to destroy the egg (or kill the parasites)
>Kil'Jaeden sends his pet Gul'Dan to do it instead
>he fails
>Kil'Jaeden sends his other pet Ner'Zhul to do that
>Ner'Zhul rebels and sends his pet Arthas to fight the fight the other Kil'Jaeden pets
>a bureaucratic clusterfuck of my minion's minion's minions killing each other
>Sargeras decides to do the thing himself finally
>somehow all the minions defeat him
>turns out all the minions were working for the parasites in the planet-egg all along, and its about to hatch.

Is this where Warcraft lore is at?

Sylvanas and the forsaken have been nothing but a detriment to the horde, try to prove me wrong.

>jaina starts the defias
SEIZE THIS MAN.

Reminder the Darkspear trolls are so few, that they were losing a war to MURLOCS, and they were all taken hostage in like 3 boats, and they could all fit in a small cave in a few cages. The least numerous of all the troll tribes.

Nagas should be third faction only

Attached: 7af666c78a2626d92c64418850f130b2.jpg (3000x2137, 830K)

I thought Sargeras was a renegade Titan and formed the Burning Legion to destroy their work out of spite ?

>for getting blackmailed

>Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
>I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
>From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!
>wow wtf y is the warchief telling me to do stuff???

would make more sense but I think that would emphasize pvp

Totally forgot about that, my bad

Pretty sure Sergaras is trying to abort a defective fetus and thats the spine of Warcraft lore.

I agree, but you can't let the Alliance retake Lordaeron. It's just to good to have the red banners there and have Orcs roaming around to spite on the Menethils. Think of how Orgrim would have been proud.

he didn't die, he turned into a fucking troll god.

Lordaeron is literally uninhabitable now because queen retard

>no pants
>no shoes
>cant ride a horse or a gryphon
>quadwielding daggers

Good. Humans will never retake their home and that god damn Kingdom which killed our Warchief and sent us to camp is no more.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Forsaken are Undead Humans.

>can't ride
can instatravel anywhere if is in water
>no pants/shoes
more ring/neck/trinket slots to compensate for that
>quadwielding daggers
4x attackspeed or some multistrike stuff like in wod

UNPLAYABLE, thats what they are. 3 races isnt enough. They had to shuffle it in one more.

I don't know how the stats work out, is it more or less balanced if they have 4 weapon slots, but no feet and legs slots?

>he doesn't know about wc2 and the humiliation that Orcs endured because of Menethil.
>Forsaken are Undead Humans.
They don't care about their past. They want to genocide humans.

It's funny, if humans hadn't flipped the fuck out at the undead the forsaken wouldn't be such genocidal cunts. They really are just grey humans that have been marginalized by their former countrymen.

the alliance doesn't see it that way

>They really are just grey humans that have been cursed with a hunger making them consume other humans flesh.
Fixed.

Sylvanas literally slaughtered the humans who sided with her.
She wanted to make Lordaeron her kingdom, so there was no way she would have let the humans and forsaken reconcile.

If you actually read quests there are Forsaken that leave Sylvanas and seek out refuge with humans who previously knew them. But Sylvanas and her Forsaken cult cant have any of that and kill any who leaves.

i would much rather it be uninhabitable than have the alliance living there

>waaaaaah camps
Maybe you shouldn't have invaded the planet whilst high on demonic semen you orc fucking shits.

well just like demonhunters who are allowed to wear glaives only , nagas get some magic scale or idk

>if humans hadn't flipped the fuck out at the undead the forsaken wouldn't be such genocidal cunts
Cite the dialogue in WC3 where you think this happens.

Sargeras going crazy doesn't really make that much sense, he saw the void lords and nathrezim had fucked the shit up on some planet before it was born, so he killed it and decided he now wanted to kill al life, just because some planet egg MIGHT end up being born corrupted.

And then he allied with the nathrezim? What the fuck?

Attached: 1520427557824.jpg (834x243, 39K)

Source for that quest. I vaguely remember it but there's so many waifufags here that i doubt about it now.

>naga warrior with 4 greataxes
I never knew I wanted that

Attached: 1539792019850.jpg (700x606, 52K)

She wanted stability in her domain. Having living humans is a contradiction that could not stand for long. It would be like if the united states allowed slaves but only for certain states, eventually there would be civil war.

Squash the civil war by removing the contradictions.

>allied
Didn't he basically enslave them? They are lower beings to him pretty sure.

The old lore that Sargeras lost faith in his fight against the demons and the Titan's mission was better than this void lord shit

>not dual wielding dwarven hand cannons
>not equipping a bow and arrows in one pair of hands, and a mace and shield in the other pair

>quad wield maces
>spec mace stun spec

CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

>1 sword and 3 shields
you're right, fuck the 4 weapons meme, let's make history

Attached: 1558285172854.png (578x435, 433K)

>moving the goalpost
You just said that humans were responsible for their own genocide because they were mean to forsaken when it fact it's the opposite which happened.
And now you tell me that they had to die anyway because "my stability".
Glad that you aknowlege that Sylvanas wanted to turn Lordaeron into her "domain".

Prison Break in.

It is about 4 Undeads who broke into Sylvanas secret vault, stole a bloodstone gem that had something to do with an Old God and left to seek asylum in Dalaran. It is a quest that hints about Sylvanas having connections with an Old God. This is in Vanilla too by the way.

>quad wield damage returning shields with thorium spikes

>Play through classic for old times sake
>Get to hillsbrad
>Get quest to kill defectors because "DEY STOLE FROM DA LICH QUEEN"
>Get the diary of the person that was taking care of the forsaken that ran off
>Goes into detail about how happy they were talking about lordaeron and the investigation into what was stolen
>It was fucking old gods blood
>Sylvanas has you kill 4 people because they were against her playing with old gods blood

Attached: 1396260934353.png (450x450, 227K)

You can ignore the quadwielding by giving them some racial trait, like being able to operate mechanisms faster or giving them two "additional bag slots" of things they'd carry in the hands.

The most obvious racial trait should of course be being able to swim faster and breath underwater.

Yeah, all the demons were basically enslaved.

Attached: trigg.jpg (600x1500, 134K)

The same thing killing WOW
TWO
FACTION
SYSTEM

why?

Status quo, homogenization, etc.
It kills the lore.

>Night Elves in Alliance
>Forsaken in Horde
>everything rotates around two unchanging political factions

Mechanics over lore kills it for RPG fans, but WoW isn't an RPG. Its only been moving in one direction since its release, and thats towards action games. It changes based on balance, PvP, raid challenge, etc. The RPG stuff (quests, exploration, fluff) is going downhill since the first patch.

it wouldn't stack because blizzard hates fun

the forsaken curse should've been given to the gilneans and the worgen curse should've been given to the remnants of the frostwolf clan, so alliance would've had skeletons and horde would've had werewolves

TAUREN SHOULD BE RETCONNED INTO SASQUATCHES

Because 2 Faction System. Now, eat your trash.

Ye played as both ye idiot!!!!!

Gutterspeak was a stupid concept. When you die and get revived as a zombie you dont understand common anymore and start speaking an undead specific language?
Yeah they only did it to stop cross faction conversations between Forsaken and Alliance but could have picked something better.

I miss legion where factions were thrown out the window and it was about actual class fantasy.

Now this is actual retarded lorelet post
Gj user

Surely they could have retconned a lordaeron dialect or something, would have made more sense so they don't wake up speaking different languages

Many zombies lack tongues, lips etc. So they made up a language that can support such disabilities

j o a a f

>bringing realism into it
Okay, the jaw is held to the rest of the head by very little skin and muscle. Zombies should all not have lower jaws. Thus they can't bite or eat.

they just hold food in their mouth and the ichor of undeath slowly breaks down the food in their mouth

Fuck off, I gave a reasonable explanation for the existence of gutterspeak.

Your explanation is them speaking like downs syndrome people lol, that's not a different language

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

>The orcs have made no attempt at a peaceful existence, the first thing they did when they landed was pick sides and butcher locals.
With who? The centaurs and the Quill boars? Again, those races can't be reasoned with. It's the reason why the alliance is gunning for them as well despite the fact they would be a really useful ally to make.

And how is this any worse than Alliance quests dealing with Murlocs, Kobolds, Gnomes, and whatever random Troll/Ogre tribe is in their way today?

>The forsaken were going to be crushed by the Alliance sooner or later
The alliance, the Scourge, and the Scarlet Crusader all wanted them wiped out. Not making a alliance would have been suicide.

Its a different language the same way sign language is.
And zombies are retarded, so it fits anyway.

>Nightelves
>Peaceful
Lol

>Night Elves in Alliance
They were allied with the Alliance and the Horde in Warcraft 3. They would have stuck around with somebody, and it's not surprising they would pick the Alliance.

>Forsaken in Horde.
As opposed to the alternative of being wiped out by the Scourge, the Scarlet Crusade, and whoever else is in the area.

Giga jej
"Orl hayl de bangshee kween!"

Would you argue that the Alliance drafting the Night Elves (on the "Horde continent"), forced the Horde to draft the Forsaken (on the "Alliance continent") as a response? Sort of like historical Great Powers spheres of influence, like Britain vs Russia, or like in the Cold War?
That is, if the Alliance had not invited the Night Elves, the Horde would not have invited the Forsaken, and maybe there'd be no world war, only localized conflict of humans vs zombies and orcs vs elves.

Not him but yes he would agree with that

Night Elves aren't pacifists. Druids are. They went to war with the Qiraji and Orcs.

Druids weren't pacifist

Yes, they are. They only went to war against interplanetary invaders. That is, against the unnatural. They don't go to war against the natural.

Cenarius killed Orcs on sight. Maiev had Druids with her.

Orcs are unnatural.

What word(s) in his post are you having difficulty comprehending?

You know the definition of pacifism stupid fuck?

Pacifists take antibiotics, you dindu. Cenarius was killing bacteria.

>We are pacifist we just like to exterminate other races.
Retard.
Night Elves from Wc3 have nothing to do with Night Elves in WoW.
They have 0 identity in WoW. Just High Elves replacement.

2v2 + neutral goblins to balance teams
which factions get "teamed" is dependent on the battleground/time period.

Basically alliance wouldn't take them and they gave the horde some presence in the eastern continent. Though vanilla forsaken are so far away from whatever the fuck is happening to the retial forsaken, to the point where I am sure that everyone would just tell retail forsaken to fuck off if they tried to join up with anybody.

Night Elves in WC3 are horny women, because all their men are sleeping a 5000 year sleep, so they see some green bois and start ovulating. They have no character there.

Scourge faction fucking WHEN?

Attached: 1533143195065.png (1920x820, 1.61M)

Its like you want Undercity to be a raid and Sylvanas a boss.

>invite the undead into the horde
>the undead, whose major purpose is the extinction of all life through mainly chemical/biological warfare and the trickled-down power of the lich king
>hate yourself so much you decide to make one of them your leader

Everything else aside, this part I just don't get. The undead are the antithesis of life; THEY WANT YOU TO DIE. Why, for any reason at all, would you have them join you? You might as well write a nice letter to the Legion and ask them to be buddies

Attached: 1548886398669.jpg (700x782, 172K)

idgaf i just wanna be part of LK army

Too bad they turned Arthas into a joke

Attached: broken.jpg (356x512, 22K)

Why is the USA allied with Israel?

Why do tauren warriors look like such badasses in war3 but taurens in WoW look fucking stupid?

the Undead were part of the Horde in Warcraft 2

Same issue with ghouls, wow straight ruined some of the aesthetics, very disappointing

Because Blizzard fucked up the lore for gameplay reasons when WoW came out instead of having the lore and the gameplay complement eachother.
That was also the point I knew that Warcraft lore was going to go further down the shitter.

No, the Forsaken are living beings, and we can cure them of the scourge rot. They are natural and we can bring them back into nature. They dindu nuffin. They are just suffering from a disease that we have to cure.

Because they went from minotaur to furry cow. From the very short hair and predator eyes, for a fur coat and pray eyes.

Attached: Tauren-Druid.jpg (1280x968, 279K)

>START RUNNING

Attached: tauren (1).gif (166x161, 14K)

>Why are the Forsaken part of the Horde?
because blizzard is shit since before 2004

It never made sense, just like how we're getting fucking Light Undead for a new race in a few expansions.

I gave up on WoW lore years ago

The only bright-side of WoW Lore is that there are no minority human leaders/heroes in the game and its legitimately one of the last bastion of whites only

Sylvanas is a sassy black lady.

I feel bad for the tauren, they genuinely thought the undead wanted to change their ways and needed help

It occurs to me that trolls are also little bitches compared to their WC3 counterparts. There's a recent WoW cutscene with some bitchboy troll sucking a depressed orc commander's dick about how he was inspired by him.
The Forsaken constantly trying to genocide everyone is stupid too considering they're just regular people who have memories of doing fucked up stuff while enslaved by the Lich King.

Because the Jews run all the mega-corporations that are the de facto rulers of the United States.

As far as I'm aware there are no mega rich undeads lurking in ivory towers in orgrimmar

there was a time when I liked and cared for the lore even when vanilla came out and added some questionable things. But I truly left when they introduced Mage as a class for Night Elves even after the whole big deal about the Highborne

Entire wow lore makes no sense whatsoever

This is the WoW lore thread? Alright; why do elves have such weird fucking eyebrows?

You just reminded me that completing the nightborne quest chain in retail was one of the most satisfying wow in-game experiences since quitting in tbc

Only explanation is that Forsaken were brainwashed by Sylvanas.
You are a human who is turned into an undead and still have your memories, there's no way you won't just try to rebuild your Kingdom, try to find your family, etc.

They live a very long time, so their eyebrow hairs grow very long. They groom them to look as they do.

Attached: no shoes.png (1280x720, 1.8M)

Nowadays? It makes no sense at all. Nobody should want to be anywhere near these monsters, no, not even blood elves. In fact of all the Horde they should take the most issue with Scourge 2.0 scampering around blighting the land and stitching villagers into abominations a mere 20 years after Silvermoon. In Vanilla the Forsaken were vouched for by the Tauren who wanted to heal them, the Horde also desperately needed territory in the EK after the Nelfs joined the Alliance. Forsaken also largely kept their shady bullshit somewhat under wraps, they were secretive allies of convenience who didn't give a shit about the Horde but needed some extra muscle. Logically they should be gone, but its an mmo so we cant have that.

Is that really why? Huh.

iirc the general process of becoming undead in general makes you go insane sooner rather than later. There's a quest in bfa where you help a recently turned guy find his family or such, and by the time you end the questline he's giving it his all trying not to murder them because he's going bonkers

Attached: a7rGpex_700b.jpg (488x800, 85K)

What if there was a third faction?

Honestly I don't mind the Night Elves being part of the Alliance so much, with the Horde on their doorstep it makes sense to make friends. My problem is how cosy and normalised they got. They should feel more like emissarys or "allies" instead of a core race. Still exotic and mysterious. Darnassus off limits to the Alliance races etc. A Night Elf (npc, since we cant really fuck with players) being seen in Stormwind should be a huge deal, Tyrande and Malfurion entering a room should make everyone shut up and listen, they have 10k years worth of experience on their shoulders. Instead WoW made them total jobbers that don't even know how to wage war anymore and can't kill a guy with a bow even after being buffed by their war goddess. They tried to shoehorn them into the familiar fantasy trope role of the High Elves instead of sticking to what made them interesting in wc3.

so what happens at the end, he kills them?

and make the faction equality even more obvious?
>alliance lose darnasssus
>horde lose undercity
>zandalari fleet destroyed by alliance
>kul tiran fleet destroyed by azshara

What? Do you mean Zelling? He goes to his family but they just see him as a monster. He leaves them alone and accepts his new "life". He was a forsaken character with interesting nuance for a change. (Which is why they killed him off immediately)

zelling was just a tool to make voss more compassionate towards fellow forsaken, a complete 180 from her pre-BfA character
she's still a garbage character though

Most of the Horde have been bent over backwards to make Sylvanas make the slightest bit of sense. If any of them hadnt had their brains removed in the bfa prepatch they'd all pull a Saurfang and the game would fall apart. I guess they're starting to wake up now that its convenient to the patch cycle though.

Tauren joined the horde out of debt to the orcs for their aid.

Just like that dude addicted to mana in Legion.

>He leaves them alone
not entirely correct, he got vivian to find them a new home in drustvar and keep them comfortable, and even after his death she is willing to keep that promise

Yeah but I mean he doesn't try to force himself into their lives again. The shitty book (before the storm I think?) had some nice Forsaken characters with some broader depth too. Of course they all died to make Sylvanas look evil as well.
I loved that guy, though his death served the point of the withered so it didnt feel like the same retarded waste as most Forsaken npcs.

I honestly don't remember, regardless it seems I misrecalled the events entirely:
:
In my defense it was some of the last parts I played before I quit so probably wasn't paying enough attention

Because that's what the creators wanted

>trolls
>noble
the biggest fucking retcon

Undead expansin coming baby.

Power to the forsaken

Attached: 1567024308425[1].jpg (2296x1290, 1.23M)

seething lorelet

lying seething redditard

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN

Attached: 1564043655190.png (454x520, 11K)

seethe more sjw incel thats the only people mad about syl all 10 you screeching from reddit

>thinking that incels, sjw and reddit hate Sylvanas, the female character of the Horde only popular because of her tits

Attached: a05d03e7602183392f8f8f7a27e3d690-imagejpeg.jpg (598x363, 35K)

Uh oh he posted the silly face

Its not necessarily insane but your humanity seems to erode if you have free will.

Redoing all that early undead shit thanks to classic establishes pretty well they do remember their past life and actions but its like they are disassociated from it or can no longer feel compassion towards it.

The closest you get is when you bring something from a guys dead wife who's corpse has been defiled and he basically tells you he understands shes dead and feels nothing towards her. But he does feel a need for revenge against the group that defiled the corpse.

yes kill yourself SJW maral fag you lost i won

What is this from?

Attached: undead_by_tink29-d9ysbdl.jpg (955x1500, 224K)

An alleged leak. It got posted with this:

>About the leaked map:
>It appears to be a WIP map, one of many that were presented during a layout pitch meeting about 1-2 years ago. The logo is a probably placeholder/suggestion made by the presenter for that particular pitch. It's not unusual for the developers to spice things up. The real logo is always finalized shortly before the actual announcement. Many of the 'hub' names are also placeholders, but the main zone names were pre-determined.
>The map is actually very representative of the final design of Shadowlands. So far, every zone except Ny'kaithos is represented in the development version of 9.0.
>Because the photo of the Shadowlands map was taken so long ago, probably nobody can recall who exactly attended the meeting, and certainly nobody remembers who was sitting where.
>Shadowlands isn't all dark and gloomy. The concept art for Xiros and Darkfront is very colorful. The Riftlands feels more like a psychedelic Outland.
>The blood trolls in Morbara are not our enemies. They are being tortured for their failure to worship Hakkar in life. The zone is nothing like Nazmir, so troll fatigue is not a concern.
>Mueh'zala is present in Morbara, but is weak and afraid of Hakkar. He is shapeless because Hakkar has destroyed his corporeal form.
>Ny'alotha lies within a pocket universe. That's why it says 'transit'. However, this does not change the fact that the Shadowlands and Ny'alotha are now connected. The island of Ny'kaithos is the Old Gods' attempt to build a permanent foothold within the Shadowlands, but this plan is foiled by us in the dungeon there.

the rest is here
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/475859937/

I see, thank you well informed user.

Attached: 1538257120028.jpg (620x515, 66K)

Why isnt forsaken Alliance?

i liked garrosh too but he went full retard
>tits
she doesn't have tits tho

There's a female Tauren druid somewhere that talks about working day and night looking for ways to help the Undead as they can't image the sadness they feel. I assumed forsaken are Horse because the Alliance is set on eliminating the undead threat while the Horde decided they can use them to their own ends and, in the Taurens case, help them.

Horde should just be Orcs, Trolls, Ogres and Goblins.

Gul'dan lived in a society

Why the fuck wasnt goblins in the horde from the beginning? They were a fully implemented race since vanilla, that could wear gear etc and wasnt static monster models. Scrapped neutral faction maybe?

Dark spears are cannibals too

>ever since vanilla, horde could go and massacre dalaran wizards and builders for daring to go outside their magic bubble, many quests involved with the undead just going and fucking genociding them just for being there
>Wotlk comes along, dalaran are neutral and share their capital with horde and alliance
What the fuck?

cut content for dlc

arthas 4 warcheef

Thrall outlawed their shadow stuff (warlockery of sorts) and cannibalism though. They were hordecucked out of traditions. Sad!

Its pretty clearly stated that the horde is in a lot more of a precarious position than the alliance and that’s the main reason the forsaken are allowed to join.

Humans, dwarves and gnomes have centuries old alliance while Orcs have only been on azeroth for like 100 years. They saved the Tauren from near extinction by the centaurs so the tauren side with them out of honour, the trolls are chased away from their brethren. None of them really have that strong a bond.

They know the forsaken aren’t really on their side but they need any ally they can get. It’s that simple

Ner'zhul being killed in a book is the biggest waste ever.
The Lich King as the perfect fusion between an Orc and a Human would have been much more interesting than generic scooby doo villain.
Orcs could have been involved in his story this way.

>night elves
>lack the brute strength
uhhh

Demon hunters can also use axes and swords. Dunno about maces

Whitemane for warchief

Attached: 8_n.jpg (640x640, 45K)

>"These women fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors."
Also they have fucking bears, dragons and mountain kings
the worst part of that pic is
>magic
THEY FUCKING HATE MAGIC THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THEIR RACE

But you can roll a mage now user :^)

I don't mind it. In WoW Night Elves are the pets of humans. At this point it makes no sense to keep banning magic.

Do people actually care about the lord in this piece of shit of a game? Ive never read any quest text, dont even read npc dialogue, ill just alt tab out. Cinematics are ok, but fuck lore. Especially people who care about it, gameplay matters.

This bro gets it.

kill yourself wowfags.

Retard ALERT!!

They mean druid magic lol

Aww shit, we really are getting soft removal of faction divide and Allied Race Lightforged undead paladins led by Calia to bridge the divide aren't we?

Attached: caliafront.jpg.f0b352522c000eb837ddf31769df10f5.jpg (1824x912, 80K)

Says it in their intro: alliance of convenience.

She needs to be fucked by Undeads

>forced larceny

You can't just skip over the fact how the Bell is a WMD. Were the Blood Elves being thrown into the meat grinder for Garrosh's war machine? Yea. Did Jaina overreact? Yes, but breaking the neutrality of Dalaran to use it as a middleman while infiltrating someones city and steal a weapon isn't exactly a 'we dindu nothin' moment either and her meltdown should've been expected after all the other shit going on. She saw the bell as Theramore 2.0 waiting to happen. All of this could've been avoided had Thrall just given her the dick or stuck around to advise Garrosh after Deathwing died.

Because they needed a forth race and didn’t want to do ogres