Could someone explain this "only americans don't get terry" thing...

could someone explain this "only americans don't get terry" thing, because I remember seeing my local chuck e's having those old KoF 97 machines, and one bowling alley had a garou back in the day

Attached: 1567659488737.jpg (550x392, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18594567/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze-xQoEfOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its not that Americans dont get Terry, its that there literally werent as many SNK machines in America in comparison to anywhere else so most people never had the chance to play the game

but then that means they still exist, why do people make it sound like they don't exist

it's just dumb zoomers who never stepped foot inside an arcade before and know nothing of the history of the hobby they claim to love so much. my fucking pizza place in bumfuck texas had samsho, metal slug, and cvs1.

Because it is a very small number
Are you autistic

because these faggots don't leave their nylon peeling gamur chairs.

>local shakeys still have 98

based

I only saw NEO-GEO arcade machines where ever poor minorities congregated like swap meets and laundromats. You never saw them in the nice arcades.

Americans missed out on Mai. Just look at her jiggling butt cheeks.

strawpoll.me/18594567/

Attached: jiggle.gif (300x300, 48K)

Neogeo was all over the Place in Europe and Asia and most of south America.
Literally evry arcade had a bunch of neo geo games.
Its also obviously popular in japan.

Pretty sure the games are popular enough that they spawned countless sequels.
SNK only realy died once the 3d age came.

Neo Geo games were all over the US too its just that people stopped playing arcade games here sooner than other places so younger people never got a chance to experience coin-ops in every convenience store and restaurant.

Just add "under 24" and the statement becomes easier to understand. I immediately recognized Terry and I'm glad he's in, but I was introduced to Fatal Fury and KoF in the late 90s, and I was out of short pants by then.

Never played SNK fighting games much as a kid, but I saw them in arcades and thought Terry Bogard was cool.

California had random cabinets everywhere for a long time in my area. Pizza places, tea shops, malls, even Burger King had a Street Fighter II: Champion Edition machine.

Ausfag here, I knew Terry from picking up KOF 2002 on Xbox and the 360 re-release of KOF 98 . Never saw many KOF machines here but the local arcade had a couple Metal Slug machines.

Besides dedicated arcades, I saw a bunch of Neo Geo cabinets in pizza places more than anywhere else looking back. Usually with some Metal Slug game and Bust a Move.

I used to buy EGM back in the early/mid 90s and they were always on about Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting and the like. That was a Yank mag, one of the better ones actually.
Remember the amount of ads in US magazines? Fucking hell.

I know who Terry is from the old fightan I used to play but I legitimately thought that Fatal Fury and King of Fighters were the same series. I really thought that it was weird why they picked Terry and not Kyo in smash.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze-xQoEfOU

I was exposed to some SNK games as a kid, but mostly remember them from playing emulators years later.

ive been looking for this for a long time. the random fotns makes it gold

I only saw sega and nintendo arcade machines in my European country, though arcades never was a big thing, even in the 80s.
Netcafes on the other hand are still everywhere.

Attached: Hercules eating green marshmallows.jpg (215x157, 22K)

Terry is the mascot of SNK. KoF is a more popular franchise than FF, but KoF is just a crossover fighter like Smash that celebrates SNK's characters. Not to mention that Terry is pushed pretty hard in KoF to the point where he's practically a main character.

Why do retards keep sperging out the moment that a character they’re not personally familiar with gets added? When I was a kid nobody knew who the fuck Marth, Roy or the Ice Climbers were. Most people didn’t even know Samus or Captain Falcon. And yet, nobody ever complained. We were always excited to unlock a new character and see what they can do.

Nowadays people seem to have a giant Asperger breakdown whenever a character gets added to the game. Ultimate already has basically every major character that deserves to be in there. It’s confirmed that more DLC characters are in the pipeline too. Honestly, anyone we get at this point is just icing on the cake.

Are you a zoomer or something? There was literally a Neo-Geo in every laundry mat, video store, liquor store, pizza joint and sometimes grocery store. We even had a place in the mall called a fucking Arcade that had games you played for a quarter. Either you werent there for it, or you lived in some boonie ass state like Maine

Smashfags are human parasites. That's it. It's the embodiment of human selfishness. A window to the grotesque side of the pretenders.