Who

Who

Attached: 1E78D35F-0EC8-4FAA-B7E1-DA5DA31956FA.jpg (1200x800, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18594567/
youtube.com/watch?v=0-oD5C4h5_c
fightersgeneration.com/main.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=6SFo9sjfuss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when your reveal is overshadowed by a mii costume

To be fair it’s sans and the fact it came completely unrelated to anything is probably why

This

strawpoll.me/18594567/

Attached: jiggle.gif (300x300, 48K)

this kills the zoomer

>z-zoomer
he's a boring irrelevant character

Like it or not, Terry is a largely unknown character compared to the likes of Ryu and other fighting game characters, even if YOU specifically remember him.

Just like Banjoke

Why so many smash threads for some DLC character?
What is this autism?
Like you have a complexe because switch only has one game to talk about or smth?

Hat Ken

Daddy

Literally who

You are outing yourself, not shaming the character.

Just Google it, learning things is good, shitposting on Yea Forums is bad.

I thought Terry was the coolest shit when I was a kid, and he's still awesome. Happy to see him in there.

A good addition to the roster, that's who.

Banjoke has baby appeal and is a lot newer than neo geo fighting game #39272

Terry is the pick that forver killed all hype in Smash. Not only is he a boring character and gameplay-wise completely uninteresting, who was only picked because he's famous; he's not even that famous.

I no longer gets into Smash. Steve can be in now. It doesn't matter. I'll only care if they add a character that's actually fun to play, like Shadowman or some shit.

Attached: 1516059920011.gif (320x320, 2.71M)

I kinda wish it was kyo. I get that terry is more iconic overall, but SNK has been shopping out a bunch of its ftg characters and it makes me sad that KOF's protagonist still hasn't been repped somewhere.

The most popular character from a franchise that is the reason smash exists

KoF is just one of several hundreds of forgettable Street Fighter ripoffs. It's a parasite, not an innovator.

>Not only is he a boring character and gameplay-wise completely uninteresting

come on now, you can do better than that

Don't forget to pick this up on the way out. It'll match your Sans Mii costume.

Attached: you-dropped-this-clowns-license-you-dropped-this-56206639.png (495x494, 343K)

Why do people see this as a bad thing? Smash has a cool ability to turn weird obscure characters into fan favorites. See: Captain Falcon.

Sakurai made Smash because of KoF

this, he is the equivalent of isabelle but for dlcs, a total hype killer

But it's LITERALLY the reason why smash exists
All because Sakurai bodied somebodies girlfriend in KOF and thought "Fighting games should be easier for newcomers"

That was Joker

joker atleast created a lot of hype arround him, this is basically piranha all over again, people pretend it is a good adition just because it makes people mad, no one would care about ken with a hat otherwise

ARE YOU OK?

The character is interesting to only one person then; Sakurai. He's making people pay extra for that? What a total fucking faggot.

KoF only exists because it's a SF clone, which is what everyone else was playing. Terry killed Smash and Sans dabbed on its grave.

And the many fans of the series and fighting games. God user stop being so whiny, haven't you got your dead cereal bear already?

SNK and KoF dominates the entire spanish and chinese speaking regions.

I've never played those snk games but I know him because of Saigado

Your justifications look thinner by the post. Thank god I'm not a braindead contrarian.

>tfw still waiting for another installment of that story with the two best friends

Not for me

The entire spanish and chinese speaking regions are bigger than the anglosphere. You are a retard.

>Waaaaaaah
>sob sob sob I didn't get what -->I

Attached: 1525993891523.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

>Nobody cares about this thing because I don't like it!
Wow, compelling stuff there user!

this is all the spics fault.

It feels like they're just cramming whoever and whatever into an already bloated game. I'm sure in the next wave it'll be Sub-Zero and the Red Devil from Ghost n' Goblins.
If it continues like this, it'll just be a weird official version of mugen with Bart Simpson fighting the Angry Nintendo Nerd. They'll make a hype video with 10m views but the characters will be forgettable C-Tier junk.

Attached: mughomer200.jpg (320x180, 12K)

Maybe if americunts won Evo this wouldnt have happened. This is Mexico's real prize. Sucks to sucks

>largely unknown character
>Terry Bogard
yeah and everyone knows who Shulk, Corrin, Chrom, and Joker are, right? and who could forget Robin and Lucina, such classic characters that are known the world over

Nobody knows him outside Japan

Stop behaving like an immature, ignorant whiner...
And you wonder why games aren't taken seriously & claiming you're a "gamer" makes people eyeroll?

Spics and chinks will kill you. In Mexico he's up there with Goku and Seiya. If you don't know him, you'd get your ass beat

I'm outside Japan and I know him. Maybe you just don't know much

spics love snk. mexicans especially

so what
only Japan matters

What kind of authority do you have to claim this?
Aren't you just disgusted that Y O U don't know/didn't want him?

His reveal was kino

It's your dad, user, don't you recognize him?

Attached: 1567651880461.jpg (679x960, 101K)

It's America's fault for not being relevant when it comes to video games.
>Best selling franchise: Japanese
>Best selling game: Swedish
>Best selling console: Japanese
>Best selling mobile game: Japanese

Not the hat Ken ,I want some more ORIGINAL characters, NINTENDO this is not alright,game is now literally unplayable ,me my wife and her son Lakishian are really upset,I might even write an angry ARTICLE on this

Attached: 1555642180.png (1080x1020, 512K)

They only play KoF, they don't know FF

The worst possible combo is being excited for this literal who and at the same time not liking Banjo. Holy shit I’m actually seething at the idea of such an opinion even existing.

this but unironically
I want Naco or Rimu

White Americans and their sense of entitlement lol

>people said Hero was a literal who when this guy exists
lmao

take your golden crisp mascot and go fuck yourself lol

He existed before Banjo and he outlived the character.
Can you get more literally who than some dead mascot from a failed franchise that was barely breaking past 1 million by its second game?

I don't know who you are but you post on this board; of course you would be more likely to know about Fatal Fury than your average Switch owner.
I'm here since 2008 and I know about the series mostly because I was a Salty Bet fan for a while.

>Based

Attached: 1566268944830.jpg (647x831, 110K)

Banjo is shit, Conker was a better game and character

>White Americans REEEEEEEEE
obsessed

There's a reason why Capcom and SNK were always neck in neck but I wouldn't expect Smashbabbies to understand.

Attached: terry.gif (175x221, 45K)

the average switch player doesn't know their alphabet so I'm not sure what your point is

>Anti Terry poster are banjokes

How is this even possible? Do banjokes not look in a mirror where their franchise is literally dead while KOF 14 appeared in Evo and Kof 15 is coming soon?

Applies only in America and if you are a zoomer

i love this reveal because it really weeds out how amount of underage posters we actually have

>Banjo
>Sans
>More DLC to come
Honestly for the best he gets ignored for this

SNK is bigger with chinks and spics than it is with the nips

smash babies are the worst posters anyway, no matter their age
I'd put them in the same shitheap as MLP posters and furries. they insist their party game is a REAL FIGHTING GAME GUYS but they don't even know who terry bogard is

I’m just gonna assume you’re baiting and leave it at that. I’ve lost all hope in humanity if you really think this guy is a better addition than literally Banjo Kazooie. I shouldn’t fall for such obvious bait anyway.

this, but i know most are larping for (You)'s as well. at least they better fucking be. i really hope there aren't people over the age of 25 that don't know who terry is. i shudder at that thought.

It's nothing special.
Japan have everything and those niggers have nothing but pirated SNK arcade machines

How's Yooka-Laylee?

>Sub-Zero and the Red Devil from Ghost n' Goblins.
Fuck yeah we need MK and Ghosts n Goblins reps

Banjo died with microsoft and should have stayed dead. KoF has maintained support from its fans for decades, albeit being niche. Banjo doesn't deserve jack shit. The only reason why he's popular is because e-celebs like Jontron with their nostalgia hard-on influencing retarded zoomers like yourself.

I hope they give him Max Mode and winds up being Bayonetta tier so all these whiny faggots will have to cope with the fact that everyone is maining Terry.

I couldn't be any less excited since I hardly know anything about the series other than it exists and a few of the characters got r63'd in SNK Heroines, but I think lesser known series deserve a spotlight somewhere. Not every good series is popular, so a crossover will sort of give it a hand in finding new fans.
His design is cool enough and I liked his reveal trailer a lot too.

Banjo couldn't survive past 3 years with his core gameplay. Furthermore, it's a slow clunky game that didn't compare to Mario 64 or Spyro. It also didn't innovate in any good way.
The baby first wittty dialogue is terrible and 40% of it is cringeworthy potty humour. The levels are as generic as they can be, all cookie cutter settings with no creativity, it took games like Crash and Spyro two sequels to reach such levels of generic as "egypt level" "pirate level" "swamp level", Banjo started on it.
In general, if it was not for smash speculation and the 64 being the Nintendo console with the least games released on it, Banjo would have been fully forgotten, as he was already being forgotten by the time Tooie arrived and sold like shit. Fucking Dragon Quest 8 and 9 sold more in the west than Tooie did worldwide.
Good thing that it seems that despite the bear being added to Smash Microsoft still has no plans on releasing new BK games.

I know about the KoF series, I even played 13, but I still don't know who this guy is.

SNK had it's own console with hat ken for decades, stop being retards, zoomers. even the street fighter fans know who Terry is because of Capcom Vs SNK.

>Caring about smash
>At all
Call me when another game gets popular that isn't ninten-hype

Attached: skeleton chips.gif (540x540, 1.26M)

Fuck off eurosneed.

Attached: 1567596009897.jpg (1024x576, 87K)

Is ArcSys actually more popular than SNK now cause of FighterZ? Imagine if we got Cool Bad guy Terry

nu Yea Forums actually proud of itself for never having played garou
disgusting

Without doubt the most disappointing addition so far.

Stay mad cucķ

Twitterfags are always proud of their ignorance.

>people should be felling bad for not playing some obscure irrelevant pixelshit fighter from 20+ years ago
full retard

>haha look at me post in a thread for a game I don't care about, am I special yet Yea Forums?

He’s playable and one of the main characters of XIII. Clearly you didn’t play very much, or even watch the intro, or scroll through the roster.

I never cared about him enough to take notice or remember his name.

awful post, neck yourself teenager you got school in a few hours

stay buttblasted, boomer
get back into the cagie, wagie

(You)
is that what you wanted

Why is SNK popular in Mexico???

I think it's hilarious the same people that say Terry is literally who hail Geno as their all star choice

Not him, but mobile games? Seriously dude?

ARE YOU OKAY??

But Terry is literally who, there is no denying it.

Rosterfags don't know anything about video games other than what their Youtuber overlords tell them to like.

These are the kinds of people you're arguing with. Kids and 30 year old autistic manchildren.

Attached: autismsai.png (1468x1552, 112K)

I'm 33 and I don't know who it is.

if you're a smash baby twitter furry then yeah

Holy shit he's here.

Attached: AHYOUOKAYRETARD.png (600x450, 120K)

But I'm not. I don't have twitter, I hate furries.

I like how they pretend Banjo isn't also a literally who character in the grand scheme of video games. If Youtube didn't exist I guarantee half of these faggots wouldn't know who these characters are.

This board needs more gatekeeping. Imagine going to a video game enthusiast image board and then acting proud of yourself for pretending not to know major video game characters. It’s pathetic.

Smash needs it's own board. In fact Nintendo needs it's own board. Nothing but the same threads over and over.

Why do Smashfags pretend to like fighting games again

>Terry
>major video game characters
Nigga please.

Attached: 1548248654504.jpg (419x610, 39K)

>why are you posting there if you don't care? Haha retard lmao xdd
>What are you talking about? Of course there are other threads for you to post in (except everything is either fapbait or just smash because fuck Yea Forums, got you good, haha)

Without Terry, smash wouldn't even exist

>anti-terryfags

Attached: HEYYOUGOBACKTOREDDIT.png (794x403, 537K)

>the amount of triggered zoomers this has caused
thank you based sakurai, I AM OKAY

Without Smash, nobody would talk about Terry now.

Based Sans making boomers SEETHE again.

ABLOOBLOO WAAAAAAH WWAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH

Attached: 523523.jpg (3490x3124, 466K)

Sans is more iconic and had more impact on the video game industry as a whole than Terry could possibly have hoped. Fact.

TAKE IT EASY

Did you miss the genderbent Terry shitposting from a few months ago? He's as much of an icon as anyone else in that dlc pack, deal with it.

that last post straight up reads like a parody

That's why nobody knows who he is, convincing argument really.

Literally every new reveal brings a new wave of "SMASH IS RUINED" whiners and shitposters, lol

Attached: nttmikmop2z21.jpg (800x480, 67K)

Without Smash, nobody would talk about Banjo or Geno now.

People reacting to terry like this shows how uncultured we’ve actually become. The old Yea Forums would have fucking loved this, but now we’re so bitter now.

There's more characters after the initial 5. Get the fuck over it

True. Doesn't make Terry any less of a literal who though.

Because KOF 15 isn't out yet silly

stay seething zoomer, maybe your favorite mlp character will get in next

Not knowing some irrelevant literal who character from a defunct franchise that has long since releagated to deep subculture niche status means that Yea Forums is "uncultured" , sure whatever you say senpai. It could be that, or it could be that the character is liteally irrelevant and is a shit choice.

YOOOOO ITS LITERALLY JUST KEN WITH A HAT LMAO

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

That isn't a good thing

assblasted boomer still trying, how cute

King of fighters 14 is from 2016, KOF 15 is in development, but yeah banjo that hasnt had a game in 20 years is a newer game, sure

But Terry is basically Applejack though

Terry. It says it right there. Why didn't you read your own pic, OP?

Yes it is.

Who?

>Defunct franchise
You responding to the wrong person?

You read that right, boomer.

Technically correct, since KOF isn't the franchise Terry is actually from.

Off topic, but those Fatal Fury movies were some of the best/worst examples of early 90s anime.

Everyone was lumpy and androgynous. The dialogue wasn't important, there was no story besides "hey we have to fight this guy".

All the fight scenes had the pacing of Fist of the North Star. Even the fan service was shitty.

Attached: 5dLVC7C01e6.jpg (500x282, 25K)

none of the smash players I know can tell me who david sirloin is and that's way worse than not knowing terry bogard imo

And why would anybody know who that is?

Obari has never made anything but purest quality, you take that back.

t. a scrub who does not play to win and has never mastered chess 2

Whaddya deaf? I already said who it was.

what a terrible, shitty opinion

I've seen more people white-knighting Terry than I have people complaining about him. He's a fucking rad pick but it's exactly the same as it was with Hero where a few chumps didn't know or care who he was and tons of salty faggots desperate to prove their classic game awareness went 'NOOO ENTITLED ZOOMER SMASHBABBIES.'
On a lighter note I can't wait to Burn Knuckle the shit out of people, I've been hoping for Smash to get a ground wave move for ages.

>He didn't grow up in arcades constantly blasting the Neo Geo jingle from half the machines

Attached: 1506928025720.png (790x768, 97K)

Sorry I don't recognize obsucre literal who names.

I'm glad they went with his classic look cause his 14 one honestly sucks.

Get pranked.

>daddy who is dis, im 13 years old and browse Yea Forums

Attached: c4a.jpg (238x192, 14K)

Terry being included proves that unlike most of the Smash Bros' fanbase, Sakurai is a fighting game enthusiast

Considering he has five trademark specials I wonder which one gets the shaft. Probably Power Dunk. Which is sad cause I like the Power Dunk.

Smash is a celebration of gaming history and SnK and fatal fury is a part of it.

Why are people acting like this is a bad choice when Terry was very deserved to get in.

Seriously the only people that are mad are people that wanted other characters. Stay mad

I can't remember during what Smash game's era it was but at one point in response to people bitching about changes and balance and stuff he said "if you want to play a real fighting game go play Virtua Fighter". Sakurai is unironically, unequivocally based

Considering you're mad Terry got in I'd say you're the one with the flustered fanny lad

Same faggots get mad when people say they didn’t care about banjo since they didn’t play his games.

Wow it’s almost like people are blinded by their own nostalgia and biased view.

Terry is from Fatal Fury, one of the most popular beat 'em ups of all time you colossal fucking faggot.

KoF was literally the Sonic of fighting games, if Sonic is in there's no reason to exclude Terry.

>the inclusion of an iconic fighting game character in a fighting game franchise is somehow bad because his original franchise is defunct and his popularity peaked in the 90s
>this is the same game franchise with R.O.B, Duck Hunt Dog, Banjo-Kazooie, Ice Climbers and others as playable characters

Even if you don't like Terry or don't know who he is what's the point of bitching about him now that he's confirmed? You're just wasting time and energy, they won't remove him no matter how much you cry.

Attached: I.png (400x400, 251K)

Where's the best place to learn about Fatal Fury and SNK as a whole? I don't know Terry other than just seeing him around on the internet, and I'd like to know more.

For (You)s. That's the sole reason

I'm technically a zoomer and even I was excited to see Terry and knew who he was. Smashfags just need to play some other fucking games.

>five seconds of footage of Terry's stage has more references than Spiral Mountain

A time machine

SNK wiki and playing the games

>Smashfags just need to play some other fucking games.
No thank you I've met too many Smash players to ever want them to start hanging around the setups for games I actually like.

>I've only played SF, MK, and Tekken

Not an opinion. Maybe the "shitty fan service" part, that's up for interpretation.

Fire up the VCR, grandpa and look for the non-lumpy characters who have dialogue that doesn't sound like it was written by a 9th grader with autism.

There's a reason nobody says, "Hey you like anime? Watch the anime based on 90s fighting games: Street Fighter 2, Samurai Spirits, and BA Toshinden. They're great!"

Attached: samsho94.jpg (720x486, 63K)

>Bart Simpson fighting the Angry Nintendo Nerd
Unironically kino

It's not just other fighting games. It's any fucking game in general. Out of this 70+ character roster, how many IPs do you think your average smashfag has played? Probably 5 at best.

SFII Victory is great

>There's a reason nobody says, "Hey you like anime? Watch the anime based on 90s fighting games: Street Fighter 2
>Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie is genuinely beloved though.

Banjo is a shit game

Seethe
Dilate
Neck yourself
Have sex

>Where's the best place to learn about Fatal Fury and SNK as a whole?

Shoryuken forums maybe? Also the SNK Wikia.

Or just play some of the games, if you're interested in the classics I suggest KoF98 (or 2002), Garou, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Metal Slug 3, Samurai Shodown V Special (or II), The Last Blade II, Shock Troopers (top-down run'n'gun), Crystalis (an old NES action-adventure). if you want modern stuff you have KoFXIII (amazing 2D art), KoFXIV (ugly as fuck, but fun) and Samurai Shodown 2019

Its sounds like your talking about banjo lmao

>smashfags pushing the literally who angle when they had fucking ness since smash 64
Earthbound was "that weird game with the big box" that no one bought or rented

but terry is the definitive white american in smash

>Not even a playable character
Nice cope, Tumblrfag.

Why terry and not Kyo he is more of a main character since fatal fury has not had a new game in a while

Any collection bundle of Neo Geo games. They're unironically quality arcade games that kept arcades prevalent in the 90's While the Neo Geo was a crazy powerful piece of hardware for its time. I have no idea why representing that history in smash with SNK's fighting game mascot is a disspointment over fucking what... Doomguy? Come on

Because they're zoomers. They've been brought up by boomers to think this way, to whine and moan until they get what they want.

Attached: 1527396282245.jpg (552x471, 35K)

Based Terry making ADHD zoomer fags seethe will never not be great.

Attached: 1563676103140.gif (480x270, 1.78M)

Kill yourself, underage shitter

Because no one likes Kyo.

Because the people leading SNK out of Pachinko hell are Fatal Fury devs. Even KOF XIV gave a lot of love to Fatal Fury than Kyo himself.

Unironically ken with a hat

That one guy from Mugen.

calm down zoom zoom

It's Hat Ken

The Street Fighter 2 anime movie is really fucking great, pretty good martial arts film.

hoping for a Marco alt palette and the Garou outfit

Attached: Ultimate.webm (600x334, 1.88M)

HAHAHAHAOHNONONONO

Because Terry is SNK's mascot.

This is false.

>It's always something with that Fei Long. He's an asshole!

If your Japanese made character or series doesn't have an anime then they aren't important enough to be in Smash.

Attached: animeswordbrothers.png (748x2508, 1.98M)

>We will never get to see Terry with his original "King of Fighters" logo on his hat instead of the Fatal Fury one ever again
I mean the FF hat looks great but come on.

>simon
lel

Kyo/Iori would've been more recognizable/popular but Terry is their old ass mascot baby so w/e. Also he and Ken look so similar they could be costumes.

Attached: 7k33.gif (540x378, 1.23M)

The truth is kyo is just not that popular. Even iori gets more eyes.

He might be the main character but he just doesn't have that design that stands out. He's your generic hotheaded dumb shounen MC.

>Kyo/Iori would've been more recognizable/popular
factually incorrect

>adjusts hat in an animation
looks like the Garou dream might be dead unless Sakurai breaks from his normal pattern with alts

Maybe if you are mexican

You mean to tell me that there is a chance for a Virtua Fighter rep in Smash?!?!

Attached: 1558230499388.jpg (332x475, 62K)

Akira is in as an assist trophy and there were Akira/Jacky Mii costumes in the Wii U one.

>Smashfags: Smash is a fighting game we're part of the FGC
>Also Smashfags: what's an SNK?

G-Mantle when?

Attached: G-mantle.jpg (281x375, 15K)

love this release. fuck zoomers and fuck you OP

True!

BUSTAH WULF

Garou Terry isn't an option, Cloud got his AC costume because it's Cloud.

I hope they put a lot of KoF music in, especially at least one Arashi no Saxophone even though we didn't get Iori.

What

Attached: areyouokaydoc.png (348x365, 218K)

>mfw fatal fury was top 3 along with MK and SF in my country
>mfw fatal fury movie was in live tv back then

I forgot Yea Forums cannot into fightan games

I like Terry alright but you can tell he is an underwhelming addition when a mii costume has ten times more publicity. The fact that he is just a punch guy doesn't help.

NOOOOOOOOOO SMASH IS A FIGHTING GAME!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY IS THAT FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER THE NEXT DLC IN SMASH
I WANTED MY BING BONG NOSTALGIA KIDS CHARACTER

Attached: 095.png (565x640, 230K)

Would they do that even though it's Fatal Fury being repped, not KOF? Personally I hope they give some love to the FF tracks, there's a bunch of individual character themes that are super neglected
youtube.com/watch?v=0-oD5C4h5_c
Also they should put in every single Kim theme. And also just put Kim in

You played 13 but don't know who he is? WHAT?!....

It's interesting to see the reactions show how different of a crossover game Smash is compared to traditional fighting game stuff like Capcom vs SNK. Like, a lot of people in this thread and elsewhere say stuff like "he's just Ken with a hat" etc. and so he shouldn't be in the game and it should be some other random character that people like. Meanwhile in CvS Ken and Terry have a special intro cause fuck yeah you want to see these two dudes fight, this is something special. S'fucked up

Gotta be joking....

Yes, he managed to not stand out in his own game enough for me to remember his name or even notice he was a main character, or that he was even in the game.

Anyone will be underwhelming compared to sans. If Sakurai wanted publicity so much, he might as well have added Shrek.

It's not his game and he's not a main character. He's just notable.

Did I not fucking tell you right now that he wasn't notable at all since I didn't even fucking notice him? Are you really this fucking retarded, retard?

Sakurai is prone to be faithful to the source material and Terry adjusts his hat a lot during his animations.

It wouldn't be a simple model swap

Attached: terry-kof13-crackshoot.gif (288x308, 60K)

There is no need to be so rude!

Imagine letting Terry atat in your head rent free

Attached: e999ae8aceec5ad68cb3bd61cd83fda0.jpg (400x547, 190K)

Yeah I'm not good dealing with retards, lose my patience quickly.

Was anyone elses first exposure to memes from youtube edits of terry audio?

Okay good now you're calm, we can get back to talking about how Terry is notable.

The vast majority of Smashfags, and especially rosterfags that want to circlejerk their wannabe popularity contest - they hardly play Smash to begin with and they very rarely play any games that don't fall into their Nintendo bubble, this is the same fanbase that didn't even fucking know what Dragon Quest was until recently
So if Ryu Hayabusa is actually a thing in Smash, be prepared for people to shit on Hayabusa and fucking NINJA GAIDEN of all franchises because he got in over their own literal fucking who irreverent character whose importance they overrate without any shred of self-awareness

Attached: 1544913855888.png (507x523, 795K)

He isn't you fucking RETARD

I for one am hoping for pranked Terry.

But he is user. He's a mainstay character. Not a *main* character, but one who'll always be in every game. That's notable!

No, he is a literal who from a franchise nobody cares about.

Ha ha!

fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

>he is a literal who from a franchise nobody cares about.
That sounds like a good chunk of the roster

He is the first fighter who is an actual fighter who comes from the streets as a brawler. Compared to Ken, Ryu and most of SF casts who are professional martial artists or are jungle freakshows, Terry is a fighter who actually came from the streets, a brawler in the streets of south town.
And come to think of it, he and his brother Andy are the first fighters who has a compelling story and motivation why they fight compared. A revenge story to avenge your father is more compelling compared to Ryu who just wants to get stronger. This of course paved the way and inspired other revenge plots in fighting games and other games like Shen mue and Tekken with their revenge plots.Terry is also the first American lead fighting game character compares to Ryu who is the lead to that of Ken. Add the style, personality a clothes and very memorable fighting style and you got a top tier character memorable to almost all boomers who has touched Garou at least once.

Attached: OTP.png (2000x1500, 879K)

Kyo = KOF posterboy.
Terry = Fatal Fury AND KOF.

>Ken with hat
>memorable

user you can't be serious

that only shows how autistic/gay the smash fanbase is

>here is terry bogard

>here is a skull guy made by a faggot dev

OMG OMG OMG

There isn't a single memorable character to Yea Forums unless it has memes or nostalgia anyway

They can just give him another idle from Garou instead.

>when spics and gooks have better taste than Am*ricans

or anime tiddies

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 7.23.17 AM.png (711x329, 236K)

>everyone circlejerked banjo so hard
>he's incredibly boring to play
Man, I'd rather characters be in based on how creative Samurai can be with their moveset.

Zoomers aren't people

seethe harder

Sakurai remembered and many more boomer like him does. So of course I am serious. :3

Attached: the_king_of_fighters__98_cover_by_kainrv1_dak9wy3-pre.jpg (897x891, 99K)

Except they can cut him next game

>Sans and Undertale trending right after the Direct
>no mention of Terry anywhere

I wonder if Nintendo realizes they made a mistake.

Whenever Terry is in the match, they need to add O. Yashiro in the background doing his dumbass idle animation with the hands.

How is it that the guys who make the Smash trailers are able to uncannily and accidentally counter antifagging shitposting? Having all those SNK characters miss the Smash invite before Terry resonates eerily with the discussions in the past day or two before the Direct about who would be the most likely SNK character. Fucking RIP to Mai/Athena/the Peregrines, who didn't even get to cameo.

I do hope we see all those characters as cameos on the KoF stage and more, however. I'd love to see Geese sneer at Cloud Strife while he fights Pac-Man.

If sole popularity meant everything in smash, then nintendo have already made a shit load of mistakes.

Kyo = KoF MC
Terry = Fatal Fury MC and the face o SNK alongside Nakoruru

Terry isn't there because of Fatal Fury, he's there to represent all SNK / Neo Geo

LOL

It's not just popularity but also relevance, and Terry has none.

Not a mistake : the oldtimer crowd is excited now, the newbies too, but it doesn't mean that Cranky Kongs won't look up Undertale & young players won't look up Terry,Fatal Fury, and the rest of SNK.
(you need to be smart enough to do this though)

>relevance
>the game that has the ice climbers in it

>be quite angry about fire shillmon and plant
>mfw dlc has been a total blast since then
I can only laugh at people who could be mad about actual icons joining the roster
I mean what is there to be mad about? That your pick didn't make it?

Attached: 1562892152633.jpg (540x541, 34K)

A pretty cool guy who's last game was 20 years ago
That's pretty funny but least they saved his gameplay reveal for later

Attached: EDqLhYEXYAEdjJV.jpg (937x763, 62K)

Ice Climbers was at least a unique genre instead of generic fighter.

>Ryo in the background
Should have been based iksan station man that was playable. Shame.

Can't believe most of this board has never played KoF

Damn you Americans that have never touched an arcade machine once in your lives

Attached: 60c860d.jpg (480x269, 26K)

Bitch, his last game was 3 years ago.
Get your shit done, before you start shitposting you fucking zoomer

need a hand with those goalposts, son?

>relevance, and Terry has none.

imagine believing the mascot of SNK isn't relevant enough to be in the best-selling fighting game franchise

bet you think Tracer would be a better pick than Scorpion / Sub-Zero as well

>being this mad
>steve can be in it now

I’m so sorry Sakurai didn’t consult you first because your opinion is so important. This salt is glorious

TAKE IT EASY

Attached: 1513014186313.jpg (447x447, 156K)

Ryu Hayabusa is significantly more relevant and well known than Terry though.

I bet playing KoF with some friends in an arcade would be pretty based. I’m jealous

Her ass jiggles too? What the fuck, SNK?

When they revealed him, I said to myself, "There is no chance the horde of underage autistic babbys that lurk Yea Forums are going to know who this is."

He's right, though

Your testosterone has gotten so low to the point you're nitpicking on a 90s shonen dialogue.

The movie has well animated and well choreographed fights, in an anime about fighting. That's all there is to it you retard.

It’s a juicy ass. That’s what they do. I’m surprised most people are still learning about mai and her jiggles

>Your testosterone has gotten so low to the point you're nitpicking on a 90s shonen dialogue.
No, I think that line rules. SF2 the Movie is a classic.

I met tons of people that would later on become friends of mine in arcades

Shame that arcades are only a thing in eastern Asia nowadays, and Pakistan

Zoom zoom zoom

>focusing on Mai's ass and not her tiddies

ARE YOU OKAY

Yeah I came along at the wrong time and place for that. I am jealous because it sounds like fun

I meant Fatal Fury rather than KoF

He appeals to wetbacks

reminder that smash is a Japanese game and not meant to cater your our western tastes. also reminder that japan loves fighting games so this is of no surprise.

Cope
Made for Mugen hentai

My bad then. Misinterpreted.

Steve's seethe and feed

His moveset is boring, though.

I was really hoping for Metal Slug, because there's so much stuff you can do with that between the weapons + different metal slugs + alt costumes for the different characters.

Why did Smash fans become so selfish and spiteful?
Most kids didn't know who Marth and Roy were in Melee, or even Ness and Captain Falcon in 64, but they were excited to learn more about them afterwards. Why do people get angry now?

Attached: 1539655499616.jpg (914x1249, 151K)

Kyo hasn't been the main character of his own series since 1997.
Besides, Fatal Fury was SNK's first true 2D fighter in the vein of Street Fighter II. Art of Fighting came out just a few months before Fatal Fury 2, and Samurai Shodown came out almost 2 years after.

Terry is where SNK's fighting game legacy all began.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Metal Slug would've been too much work, Terry is really easy, just copy and paste his entire moveset.

Different generation. Kids today are whiny little faggots who believe that the world needs to cater to their whims and that effort and self-improvement of any sort are "problematic".

I like terry a lot, but I will admit a metal slug rep would have been really cool

It's ok user, I'm just a Japanese guy taking in a thread. And RYU is my name

most of them are underage

the salt is going to be even stronger when girls like Reimu and Astolfo get announced

Holy fuck you're retarded

Attached: plant.png (540x544, 406K)

People born after 1985 are awful. I blame the internet.

lol who made this image. That sprite is not from 1991.

retarded zoomer spotted

Are you sure about that? Because there's an awful lot of angry children on this board who don't know who Terry is.

Beats me, grabbed it off jewgle

Attached: terry-fatalfury1-stance.gif (59x103, 7K)

>Nobody knows him outside Japan
Stupider words have been spoken, but not lately.

Roy didn't even have a game when he was put in Melee. You can't be a more of a "literal who" than a character that had only been shown in promotional materials before release

In 64, Ness was a character who was in existence for 4 years, Captain Falcon for 8 years with a second game 1 year before Smash.

Marth and Roy were from japanese games that had never been released outside of Japan, in an era where emulation and even just knowing about that shit was much more difficult.

Terry Bogard's character has been around for 28 years and hasn't been the main character of a game for the 20 most recent years.

There's significantly less excitement in learning about a character who's not only old news, but clearly has no big future.

>Different generation. Kids today are whiny little faggots who believe that the world needs to cater to their whims and that effort and self-improvement of any sort are "problematic".
THIS.

Attached: problematic.jpg.jpg (3600x2400, 1.19M)

Attached: cover.png (1177x662, 40K)

see
>Terry is where SNK's fighting game legacy all began.

I wonder if zoomers would care for K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, Geno and Banjo if e-celebs didn't tell them to want them in Smash. Their perspective of "literally who" is warped because most of these characters were in their primes long before these kids were even born. And I don't believe for a second they all went back and played those games. Kids can't even be damned to download an emulator let alone even touch older games.

Terry isn't just representing Fatal Fury or KOF, he's representing SNK, the plucky underdog of both the arcade and console world. Remember that SNK IPs are also notorious for crossovers. It would have been a shame not to include him, although they should have maybe swapped Ken's reveal with his.

And? That's not going to make him interesting. That post even says Kyo's not been the main characer of his series since 1997, Terry's not even had a game in his series since 1999 and it's debatable he was even the main character of that instead of Rock.

He's a character that's been stalled out longer than anyone who can be considered a "kid" has been alive. Why would they be excited?

Will Terry's pranked version be playable?

the last banjo game that people actually liked was released in 2000, and people are clamoring for fucking Geno of all characters, from 1995.

>15 games in his main fighting series
>Plus his original fighting series
>Already a cameo fighter in other fighting games this year while other SNK character cameo'd in other AAA fighters like Geese in Tekken
>The most famous game in SNK's own console aside from Metal Slug

>No relevance

Smashfags are hilariously retarded. You could establish trade routes between continents with this sheer amount of salt.

>Zoomers don't know shit about fatal fury or KoF
>even though this shit is at EVO every single year
>their too busy eating tide pods and generally proving they are clinically retarded

Rising Taco

smash fans are so fucking spoiled. before Brawl was released there was anxiety over whether fucking Ness and Captain Falcon would even make it back in. Sonic and Snake were seen as huge reveals. Now every reveal gets bitched about.

Everything you listed is self-referential in it's own niche. That's like a British person claiming a local star has global renown when at best they might be known in Ireland.

>Screen says "Smash Bros X Fatal Fury"
>The stage is from KoF
What's the point?

The nips love Undertale, too. The localization was a big deal and it was no surprise that Deltarune was released in English and Japanese.

But they're the same niche. That local star is the opening act to Smash's big show at places like EVO

Take a good hard look at the kinds of characters companies want to have included in Smash. You'll find that the characters that get included are the characters that mean the most to the company.
Ryu of Street Fighter launched Capcom into heights that the company had never seen before.
Mega Man is a Capcom/Nintendo legacy character demanded by fans and Nintendo themselves due to his proud legacy of games on multiple Nintendo systems.
Cloud and Final Fantasy VII made Final Fantasy popular internationally more than any other attempt by the company.
Simon Belmont was synonymous with Konami the same way Solid Snake is today.
Banjo was one of the most fan-demanded RARE characters (more than certain fighting frogs, murderous hunchers, and/or Mr. Knightly Fabio) and is a character RARE loves to this day.
Sonic IS SEGA.

You see where I'm going with this? Terry is where SNK's fighting game legacy all began. So stop exemplifying and deal with it.

It's 100% the ballot. It gave autists this me me mentality. THIS CHARACTER HAS TO MAKE IT IN BECAUSE I VOTED FOR HIM. Before it was entirely dependent on whatever Sakurai felt or whatever external Nintendo influence. Even Smash 4 wasn't this fucking bad at least until the ballot started. Now when Sakurai decides to throw himself a bone for once they sperg out. To this day I think the ballot was a fucking mistake. Look how lackluster Ultimate is outside of roster bullshit.

>Sans hits number 1 trending on twitter with 6x more tweets than Banjo
>Terry doesn't even make the list
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The King of Fighters tournament started in Fatal Fury.
but yes no pao pao cafe stage is bullshit

Pawa Geisha

Hey C'mon

OBAHID
GEISHA

The amount of bait in this thread is fucking amazing. I personally have no attachment to SNK games but I could still recognize Terry due to knowing about KoF. It amazes me the narrative about character additions is always flip flopping and being given special “exceptions” for some fucking reason.

Attached: 56D9C867-7CDD-4712-B6B0-614EE1EDB468.gif (192x224, 42K)

If we're keeping in line on that analogy, it's the opening act to Smash headlining in Britain once in a year, before Smash then heads back overseas and does the majority of their shows there.

EVO is not some starmaking platform for Smash. The target audience and hype is centered entirely around when info and content is release, either through the directs giving reveals or games/characers being released.

You're making a point here. However I think the idiots you're trying to reason with can't understand this.

Watching the SNK characters chase after the Smash envelope made me realize I don't think I've played a single SNK game that wasn't Metal Slug. Some of the characters in the video I recognized, but I don't think I could have named any of them or told you with confidence what game they were from.

But after the show the people who were there would recognize the name and go "Hey wasn't that the guy who did a show with Smash?". Smash players don't care about the the FGC, we've known this for years, but crying about a fighting game character that's had representation for decades and calling him a literal who is just retarded.

México and Latín América loves SNK, so it's a good call

Dude, again, that doesn't make it interesting to a kid. That's the whole point. You just listed at least 6 other examples of the SAME EXACT THING, for bigger companies to boot.

This is like if a wrestling show had Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Stone Cold, and The Rock and then they say Big Boss Man's gonna be in too. Shit's clearly not meant to appeal to a younger modern fan.

>mfw terry filtered all the zoomer smash babbies
Good fucking riddance

Are you OK?

Only if you're a zoomer. Back on the arcade days there was both FF and AoF machines all over, but no doubt KoF was the biggest hit.

Should have been Terry AND his ride or dies
Just switch between them whenever you lose a stock
Joe is too powerful to be contained to a single alive franchise

Attached: posserollsup.png (590x847, 519K)

You know that guy who is only known because of his funny voice acting. About as famous as the "You flaming idiots... Take this!" guy from DW3.

No but he's le epic our boy xD. He's a spunky confident shonen protagonist right?

EUfag here, KoF or SNK isn't that obscure here either. Muricans sometimes forget that they are not the only ones in the world.

Some redneck from diet Street Fighter games.

Post fighting game characters you'd actually like instead of Ken with a hat

Pic related

Attached: Sol_GGXrd_portriat.png (971x1280, 802K)

>Ryu with a sword

That'd be way more fun. Similar moves but more of them with way more flair, more unique mechanics (gunflame feint, dragon install), way better theme songs, actually been the main character of modern games instead of background dressing, still has a 20+ year old legacy.

Terry is also in all the KoF games you retarded zoomer.

>A long-running rival with SF and a ninja that doesn't rely on only hitting people with a sword and shurikens in one package.

Attached: DyTjLa_W0AYH4jO.jpg (1200x675, 83K)

When are we getting a Melty Blood rep?

why did they bully Kyo, Ryo, Terry's team, Geese, and Nakoruru for this

What was your experience with the people that don't know much about SNK/KOF/Fatal Fury?
>Watching direct with a bunch of people from another Nintendo community
>Most haven't touched anything not Nintendo
>Trailer happens
>Discussion happens a bunch
>" Yeah the red hair guy looked cooler "
Were they right? Should it have been Iori?

>Should it have been Iori?
Fuck no.

no it should have been Kyo
I mean if they're going to use a KoF stage it should have been Kyo

If they were going to just go for Terry why not a use South Town as a stage

Yeah but nintendo also has their japanese fanbase to think of . You think they got hyped on banjo? You can bet your ass they're hyped for Terry

Also we could later have pic related in the next game. Either him or Ky though the latter is probably gonna be an assist trophy like Jin if Ragna gets in.

Attached: Ragna_the_Bloodedge_(Centralfiction,_Character_Select_Artwork).png (1436x1932, 1.26M)

That arena is in South Town.

>Iori looks cool
>with that dumb fucking ankle belt

>another swordsman in smash

Nigger can look it up in 15 minutes on youtube and pretend to have been a age long fan. You act as if vidya knowledge had any sort of value.

It should have been based Kim

Funny, Sol has a ton in common with both Ryu/Ken AND Terry, plus a so hated sword and actual fire properties.

The only problem with adding Sol is that it's going to be the first time that the smash model is going to look worse than the game he is from.
But holy shit do I want those sweet daisuke themes in smash.

It should have been the best character to come out of the Ash Saga, that's who.

Attached: awildandsexyman.jpg (400x493, 50K)

>Favourite characters are Captain Falcon and Little Mac
>Don't really like Ryu, feels weird to use
>Terry looks closer to CFalcon
I'm excited to have a new character and, while I never played his game, I'm always excited for characters from old games as Smash exemplifies gaming history (i.e. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Ness)
Okami when

Attached: tumblr_lroi7veta01qdyhy9.gif (350x275, 95K)

Sorry señor, you must be 18+ to post here, or a spic

still
the stage hasn't even ever been in a FF game

>been hyped for every DLC character so far
Feels good man.

Attached: IMG_20190905_155336561.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

Eh it's not like FF has iconic stages or anything. PaoPao Cafe maybe but how do you make a Smash stage of that.

based

Actually ignore me I'm a retard and didn't even think about Geese Tower. Easy one to do.

Then that is your fault for not playing one

wanna know how i know you're based?

I'll never understand why they decided to just drop the Fatal Fury name and go with half the Japanese name for MotW. Weird.

It's stupid, but I think a simple and "neutral" arena was chosen because it would probably be the most versatile stage for music choices. It'd be weird to hear Terry's jolly theme on Geese Tower or Nakoruru's dramatic Japanesey music on the Trans Continental Railroad (although seeing Mt. Rushmore in Smash would've been fun).

It's obvious trolling

>i am a true connaisseur of overdesigned weeb shit
guilty gear has always been for autists

>Using Ellipses on the internet

out, betaboy

>guilty gear has always been for autists
Why the hell is Sonic in then?

SNK has been around for, what, 40 years? That's your fault.

Fatal Fury is the US name. Besides, "Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves" sounds like a dog fight/pissing simulator.

i dont know what you're trying to say

>sounds like a dog fight/pissing simulator
Nothing wrong with that

Attached: repede.jpg (848x480, 67K)

>Fatal Fury is the US name.
Yes, I know, that's why I said "went with the Japanese name".

>Sans' fanbase lives on Twitter and Tumblr
>WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE MENTIONS NINTENDO FUCKING GOOFED

Smash fans went "WHAT IS A MAN wait who's richard?" at the Castlevania trailer so you tasteless meme loving faggots can go fuck yourselves.

You DO know that the average age for Smash players is over 20, correct? That the average age for console gamers is closing-in on 35, correct? That a good majority of the characters added to Smash were designed for long-time Nintendo gamers (if not long-time gamers), correct? That the entire idea of Smash is for fans of classic characters to play a game where they can choose their favorite classic character and beat the shit out of each other, correct?
Is this getting through to you yet? You are a child, and Sakurai has stopped caring about your self-absorbed fee-fees. Smash may appeal to children, but it was designed for the teen-and-older demographic, and the character choices prove that.

Stop being a whiny little faggot who believes that the world needs to cater to your whims and that effort and self-improvement of any sort are "problematic".

So what are the chances we might get PRANKED!Terry as an echo fighter? I mean, it's fitting since it's now obvious SNK Heroine was the shit that started all this.

>Terry is a largely unknown character
fucking zoomer.

seething

Maybe as an alt custom, but I doubt it because of body shape differences.

I think they did it so they wouldn't have record another line for for the title call on the attract screen. Neo Geo games were region free and included multiple languages, so all the program/graphics ROMs were usually the same between all regions. Also this was at the time where they didn't really bother with localization very much.

Kinda disappointed it wasn't Metal Slug.

King of Fighters isn't nearly as iconic.

Thank you

He IS largely unknown.

You know those are all first party and were included in the base game, right?

>Joker

Which DLC character is the least niche?

He's more well known than half the roster, but okay

I hadn't heard of him until the leaks
Sorry he isn't as popular as you thought

>sometimes

Okay? And I'd never heard of Goemon before. That's on me, not the public. Final Fight is a classic game that was hugely popular.

Remind me again how Banjo is in anyway popular

interesting enough, the Dreamcast port keept the "Fatal Fury" name

Attached: 13428_front.jpg (640x636, 85K)

ARE YOU OKAY?

>Doesn't know Goemon
>Confuses Final Fight for Fatal Fury
no john you are the zoomers

He's handsome I love him.

One of the most popular 3d platforming mascots.

Stands side by side with masterpiece Mario 64.

>Implying people more likely to know literal who's from one Fire Emblem than a character spanning multiple games of multiple series
>Implying people knew who Ice Climbers, Game and Watch and maybe even Palutena and ROB were before Smash either
I'm not even a Terry fan but you'd have to be retarded to think he was less well known than those listed

So huow come Sakurai went out of his way to explain anything and everything about him to viewers? He never did it to other characters.

Toshiden was awesome fuck you.

>One of the most popular 3d platforming mascots.
What is Banjo the mascot for, exactly?

Awakening sold really well, and heroes is a thing now
I don't disagree otherwise
If anything, though, shit like this is good for KoF/FF, since now I do have a vague idea about them

Because he wanted to show the faithful recreation of the character. Plus it seemed like Sakurai was genuinely excited to have Banjo in Smash.

Banjo was from the console which marked Nintendo's downfall in terms of sales and barely had any presence in the industry afterwards until Nuts and Bolts which killed the series

Meanwhile KoF was huge in the arcade scene in a time when arcades were everywhere, is one of the biggest fighting game series, had numerous collaborations with Capcom and even inspired Sakurai to make Smash Bros.

The only reason you justify Banjo over Terry is because you only care about Nintendo, not gaming as a whole. And Smash is a celebration of video games.

another smashboy to lust over nomnomnom.

I totally agree with you. Banjo is a shit choice indeed

>Kicked melee out of evo
>Kicked zoomers out of ultimate
SNK was the hero we didn't deserve

which FF has this in it? I can't tell by replaying them

That's from mid-90s KOF. Like 96-98 era.

What does SNK make other than Metal Slug and fighters? I've never been able to stay interested in fighting games for more than a week so I learned a long time ago that it wasn't worth it for me to buy them.

Back in the days of the Neo Geo they made and published all sorts of shit. Now they just make their fighters and licence ports.

Retard, are you okay?

>There are “people” in this thread, right now, shitting on Terry calling him “irrelevant”, “from a defunct franchise”, “literal who”, and “shit series” all while bringing up Banjo in the same sentence.
How does one lack such self awareness?

Attached: 4AFEDFBA-7889-4281-8582-B2769117E183.gif (250x188, 1.63M)

>I wonder if Nintendo realizes they made a mistake.

What mistake? Boomers are happy, zoomers are happy, they found the perfect way to shove Sans into this game without wasting a slot. Sakurai is a fucking genious.

Not even that
• Definitely Mario
• Definitely Pokémon (even if they haven’t played the main games. There’s still the anime, tcg, etc.)
• Maybe Zelda

That’s it

They used to make all the kinds of game you would expect from early 90s consoles. Side-scrollers platformers and beat-em-ups, top-down shooters, shmups, fighting games, sports games. I assume you've probably heard of Windjammers, they didn't make that but they published it. As the years went on they did make their focus fighting games though. You should give weird hybrid FPS The Super Spy a try. Also my man play Neo Turf Masters.

Piranha Plant

He's not. YOU don't know him because you were born too late to enjoy Fatal Fury and KOF.

I dunno, I realize this is anecdotal and all, but from my friend group the only person that knew who Terry was beyond "oh yeah I've seen that character somewhere before" was our resident fighting game autist. Contrast that with Banjo, who we were all well familiar with. Terry just doesn't seem to have much recognition outside of the FGC the way Ryu and Ken do.

I do recognize the name Windjammers, though I don't know anything about it. I'll look into that and Super Spy and Turf Masters, thanks user.

t. Autistic zoomer nintendie faggot

It’s not Yea Forums it’s smashfags

>And I'd never heard of Goemon before
Zoomzoom please
youtube.com/watch?v=6SFo9sjfuss

CAMON GET SERIOUS

try more buzzwords next time champ, you'll get him for sure

95% of those tweets were unrelated to sans undertale
Just like how 20% of terry's tweets were unrelated to terry bogard from kof
Twitter trending is weird

t. Triggered autistic zoomer nintendie faggot

>Like it or not, Terry is a largely unknown character in the USA.

There I corrected it for you.

>KoF now has a rep in SSB along with SF
>MK, GG, BB, Tekken, etc. don't
Heh

Attached: 1566288644008.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

So what music are we expecting or wanting? I feel like everything we heard in the trailer is a guarantee. Besides the obvious/big songs, here's the less likely shit that I'd want:
>Esaka 94
>Jungle Bouncer
>Guitar to Omega to Rugal
>KD-0079
>Dear Falling Angel
>Tuna (Galford's Samurai Shodown theme)
>Final Attack (Metal Slug)
>USA Course (Neo Turf Masters)

You know from the start of the INVITATION LETTER to reveal some of the new characters I thought that it was kinda sad that now people would now think that the invitation letter was a smash thing when KOF was the game that started with the whole invitation letter to bring character from other franchises to KOF. in hindsight I guess it was a NOD to snk from nintendo.

which is why for al you people who dont know SNK, Terry was revealved in the same way that KOF does their intros, with the kof invitattion letter.

Joker so far is the only bad new comer.

>trailer even included the crusty-ass speech samples from KoF '94's attract screen
Sakurai is the king of fanservice.

Napolitan Blues
Esaka?
Tears

I have a rule not to play characters without playing the game they're from before. So far that's only been Rosalina with Mario Galaxy and funnily enough, Bayonetta. Maybe if I ever feel like picking up shulk or robin I'll play their game, but that's probably not happening anytime soon.

?????

>GG and BB
>Anywhere near as important as MK and Tekken

WHO OWNS CAPCOM VS SNK 2. IS IT CAPCOM OR SNK? CAN WE GET MUSIC FROM THAT GAME IN SMASH NOW PLS?

he ain't marco or fio but he's p cool

Attached: 1492024836687.jpg (236x236, 11K)

Capcom
SNK made SvC chaos.

>Contrast that with Banjo, who we were all well familiar with.
Either you were all just N64 boomers or Smash bandwaggoners

I wouldn't be anywhere near half as upset with joker if he had more than just arsene. I wouldn't even mind if ALL of them were on the meter and were random, just the fact that they're there was all I needed. Without them it feels like he's missing his very core gameplay, which makes him feel worse than Brawl newcomers.

Yes, by having literal zoomer retards that dont know who Terry Bogard is. Spics have better taste than all of you fags

I'm guessing Capcom. For the original Capcom vs. SNK the deal was that Capcom would own that game while SNK would own SvC Chaos.

Capcom, SNK did SvC Chaos, and that game's music isn't particularly remarkable, or anything else besides its great roster really.

Simple way to figure this out for the SNK/Capcom crossovers: whoever's company is first in the name is the one who developed it.
>Capcom vs. SNK 1/2: Capcom
>SNK vs Capcom Chaos: SNK
>SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium: SNK

>be 7 years old brazilian boy
>playing with my Mega Drive everyday
>rent Fatal Fury
>instantly feel attached to all characters, but specially the main trio (Terry, Andy and Joe)
>not a good player, but love watching the fights play out
>used to rent Fatal Fury and its sequels and put CPU v CPU just to see fights play out, back in the 90s
>rent the anime movie one day, it’s fucking awesome
>play KoF whenever I went to the arcade, always as Fatal Fury characters
>00s come, I completely forget Fatal Fury
>yesterday see Terry in the Direct coming for Smash

I may be a minority but this is LITERALLY the character that will get me to buy Super Smash Bros, jesus christ this completely reignited my love for Fatal Fury, I need to watch the movie again

See i like this, the only faggots who are mad are zoomer who were spoiled and brought up with shitty ass meme games on the internet with no fucking soul.
Near the end of the ps2 I bought all those snk collection and made sure to play through all of them and always threw some quarters in the cabinets whenever i fucked.
Fuck you faggots hating on mother fucking Terry fucking bogard.

Attached: 1567549459788.jpg (1024x576, 30K)

Why was Mai the only FF character not to show up in the trailer? I feel like she should have at least tried to grad the invitation alongside Joe and Andy.

Assist Trophy confirmed

I'm 27 and never heard of Terry. Must suck being a third-worlder.

t. American who got a Gameboy Color, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX One, Gamecube, Wii, PSP, PS VITA, DS, 3DS each on release day and never gave a SHIT about SNK

Attached: 1qX4Kw6X.jpg (400x335, 29K)

obvious assist trophy

are they OK ?

I'll admit I got into SNK pretty late (early high school, 2007 or 2008). Nintendo Power wrote some generally positive things about the Neo Geo fighting games and Metal Slug series, and so I picked up various Virtual Console and game collections for the Wii. Almost never look back to Street Fighter outside of 3.

I fucking love how it used Demitri and Red Arremer, it's a shame how the gameplay wasn't as good. Great backgrounds as usual though.

Attached: 1338244820183.gif (1920x1080, 804K)

>it’s ok that this literal who retard tier pick got in because of this list of literal who retard tier picks that got in

It literally is you literal retard. It literally sets a literal theme for the literal game.
You fucking faggot.

Mai wasn't even in the first Fatal Fury, unlike Andy and Joe who were part of the main trio. If anything the real question would be why Nakoruru yet no Haohmaru, but I guess that joke with Mamahaha was too good not to make.

Why does that character have 21 different belts?

I was introduced to Terry when I played CAPCOM VS SNK 2 MARK OF THE MILLENNIUM 2001 when I was a kid and he was my favourite character to play as in that game. Never played any other SNK fighting game.

'cause he's a bad guy. Duh.

I rented CVS 1 on the dreamcast and loved the graphics at the time and unique intros for characters. Been a fan ever aince.
Loved it when my main yamazaki and Terry went at it in their intro.

SVC Chaos is good because it's the one game where Goenitz isn't banned in tournament

King of Fighters

I've never played a single SNK fighting game lol.

I got into fgc well after KoF XIV was dead, I asked around if Samurai Showdown is good for an amateur fighting game player, people told me the netcode is trash and if I don't go to locals my experience will be horrible.

This cute pup grew up to drown the entire world in his piss.

>if I don't go to locals my experience will be horrible.
this is just every fighting game. online just doesn't compare in any way, never mind just latency

I can't find locals in miami for any game, most of them are so far away from the center of miami it will take me almost an hour or so to get there.

Gulty gear characters dress weird. Just look at what his daughter is wearing

Attached: gg dizzy.gif (500x562, 507K)

what a slut

>only 1 hour away from locals
lucky guy

Almost an hour's pretty reasonable user
I used to get the train for 2 hours every two weeks to play SF4 with another scene that did nights on a different day from my city's locals and I didn't consider that very far

I like terry as much as the next guy, but I think kyo or k' would have made fore more interesting characters. just my opinion.

Attached: 1565484693751.jpg (499x700, 44K)

I just feel I'm too trash and going there will be a waste of time since most people there are light years away from me in any game I play.

I think I know what really says a lot about all this.
I have never seen anybody around these parts ever think too negatively about Terry as a character, at least from my experience, but as soon as he got announced for Smash, we've got a new stigma in the making.
Never change, rosterfags, never change.

Attached: 568658.jpg (544x582, 46K)

It wasn't supposed to be cope you retard

That'll always be the issue with Smash reps. Ryu and Ken aren't the most exciting picks for Smash but they are the most recognizable of their respective games.
Chun Li or Zangeif would've been much more fun.

Bros...

Attached: illust_74449098_20190904_234950.png (2315x2315, 2.49M)

Well in terms of the game the best thing to do would be to go play them and see what they do to beat you and ask advice. I've had a million people say to me "sorry I'm not very good, I'll only play a few so as not to waste your time" and stuff like that and I always have to tell them it's fine. It's all practice. No-one is good from the start
Also outside the game there's always the chance you'll make new friends so yeah

Smashfags are mostly Nintendies stuck in their own bubble.

Ok champ

>Contrast that with Banjo, who we were all well familiar with.
lmao

dude i like Banjo, but only N64kids are well familiar with him

Shut up, America.

Lloyd Irving confirmed for smash?

>Sans is more iconic and had more impact on the video game industry as a whole than Terry
redditors actually believe this.

Spot the american.

There's no such thing lmao

And Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, brazilians

are you? relax with the caps user

Attached: Wowza.png.png (145x109, 8K)

You feel good about being an ignorant cunt lmao

>mfw i know who terry is and played both KoF and fatal fury in my childhood but thought banjo
was just some character from nuts and bolts
yes i am THE zoomer

FF really is the SNK equivalent to SF in that all the best characters were introduced in 2 and 3.

reminder that you burgers are less than half the playerbase of Smash Bros, Terry is more popular to the remainder players than Nostalgia Banjo.

Attached: smash.png (1318x561, 165K)

This. Terry was an extremely deserved and painfully sobering reality check for rosterfags, particularly those in the US. People are literally only mad since he wasn't in the circlejerk of commonly requested characters after Banjo-Kazooie (and let's face it, rosterfags did get extra delusional and retardedly entitled after BK).

Even the SNKfags who did exist in rosterfagging circles outed themselves as victims of fetal alcohol syndrome with their pretentious infighting bullshit over the past few days, desperately trying to undermine their own best chance (Terry) of getting in Smash just to win points for backing something less expected/conventional.