Xenoblade thread

How do you feel about the remake?

Attached: Switch_XenobladeChroniclesDefinitiveEdition_screenshot_08_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TriforceZard/status/1169424752676675585
youtube.com/watch?v=nLEkwIvfOO4
youtube.com/results?search_query=saihate village
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1169408271209205761
mobile.twitter.com/dansarasado/status/1169567092300902401
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zsw4BoNPdCEmKI4k0_beIAsDt77ii-vVgLegaph3518/htmlview?hl=en_US#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't wait for them to do X like this.

Xenoblade 1 is my favorite game of all time so seeing how they're graphically updating it and adding in cut content I'm pretty excited. Hope it gets a physical release. Also, please Monolithsoft release plush Nopons.

I thought about playing through the wii version again a few days back, glad I waited. Having already 100%'d it before, I'm really looking forward to the changes and new things they'll add like the shoulder area

I think it looks great, wasn't sure how to feel about it since I wanted a new game from Monolith but I'm kind of excited for it now with the cut content coming back. I'd been wanting to replay the first game but now I can just wait for this, I'd double dip on X as well if they end up doing anything with that. Really just wanted X2 to exist at this point. Or for the supposed New IP from Monolith to finally get some footage.

It's a shame we can't actually discuss these games on Yea Forums without some false flagging shitposter trying to stir up shit. I'm sure he'll ruin this thread soon too.

I need more info, i love XB and bought the 3DS version just because all i could get was a used copy of the wii one and wanted them to have my money, if it just a lick of paint then i will leave it but if it has some real new stuff then i will be tempted.

Attached: 1425244104816.jpg (1000x750, 259K)

really glad they're doing it

This game would be tons more enjoyable on a portable device rather than having to sit and play it on emulator or hooking up the wii just for it

I'm not sure if I liked it enough to buy it a second time. I loved the story and characters for the most part, it looked lovely despite being on limited hardware for its time, the world had such a great scope for a JRPG, the music and VA was great. But I really hated the battle system by the end of it.

Attached: 1449275884978.jpg (256x436, 52K)

new content pushed it from being good to great. fixing the QoL issues and getting rid of the retarded agility modifier on enemies with higher levels would make it excellent.

>retarded agility modifier on enemies
Too dumb to fight naked I see

naked dunban is trash at all points it's available, you get max agility modifiers with gems on armor in addition to extra defense and maybe some attack with extra slots

As much as I've enjoyed X and 2 (quite a lot), neither was the full package Xenoblade was for me. It was really something special and one of my favorite games. I got it at launch and was always happy I did

It looks like they're taking the time to update the models (I hope they blend in with the existing backgrounds okay, some shots looked a bit iffy) and possibly add cut content which you really don't see very often. Maybe they can add some more QoL (though the game has a good deal already) and a few minor improvements to the gameplay.

Anyone who says the original 3D Models are better is fucking blind but the portraits are hit or miss

Attached: 1567649539587_0.jpg (784x710, 113K)

Attached: SX4E01-10.png (1932x1056, 1.83M)

I really did cuck myself out by playing the 3DS release didnt I

Attached: EDqya8kXUAALG7F.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

everyone warned you against playing the 3DS version and to play the original/dolphin emulation, you have no one to blame but yourself

I never got around to playing my Wii copy so now I can wait for this one. I think it's great to remake the first one after the popularity of 2.

What's this? Is it a remake or a remaster? I was about to buy the Wii version.

yikes, looks like that shitty fanmade HD texture pack

Hopefully they change and remove the whole combat system in the original because it was terrible. Stacking agility, worthless party members like Sharla, Riki, Meila, no builds as everything leds to break > topple > Daze, nothing to actually learn in the game as you just go though that whole cycle all over again. That said the game is looking way better.

Attached: Xenoblade-Chronicles-Definitive-Edition_2019_09-04-19_002.jpg (1280x720, 591K)

Remaster but with added cut content. Wait for this version.

too dumb confirmed

Nah I quite like the system, but I do think other win conditions need a buff yeah.

Maybe make it so that you need to do some stuff BEFORE you can topple them, or just make some enemies untoppleable but easier to defeat in other ways

I tried the original on Wii for a couple of minutes but as soon as I was presented with the combat system I decided it was trash so I never played it.

I'm excited. Mostly because it means Xenoblade is here to stay and it's only a matter of time for XC3 to arrive.

I would be excited even if they weren't remaking it and adding back in cut content. It looks great and I can't wait. I'm guessing probably mid year 2020? Q1 seems too optimistic.

melia is the most powerful character in the game dumbo, riki is also very good. only sharla sucks

Top: Soulless
Bottom: Soul

I'm working on playing Wii titles I missed and I was in the mood for a JRPG.

I'll get The Last Story for now I dont think that will get ported.

Dunban, Fiora, Shulk, and Reyn are all better and the only party members you need

Last story isn't that good from what I've heard.

>Not Riki, the actual best party member gameplay wise

no, they aren't . Melia can constantly force topple, that alone puts her on top but she also has a versatile arsenal to play around with and a great talent art plus 3 talent arts per chain attack which is very strong

It's gonna have the same voice acting right? I loved those hammy English accents.

Riki is stupid good, he has a skill that generates free party gauge, he has decent damage and also the best party heal skill
Melia only gets good if you're the one in control of her
Too bad every other complaint mentioned is 100% true

Day 1 of course.

I'd already be excited if it was just the Wii version desu. Been too long since I played it.

shulk and melia's shitty AIs were fixed in the 3ds/wiiu versions

What changes do you want to see?
>Arts palette changed to function similarly to in 2 and Torna, where instead of scrolling through individual arts you scroll through sets of three/four that are assigned to the face buttons
>Launch and Smash alongside Daze, and maybe other options for what you can do to an enemy after Break and Topple so that you're not just stunlocking everything
>Story changes to fix up some of the worse parts of the plot (looking at you, Metal Face death scene and Egil dindu nuffin), and to tie the game into 2 more seamlessly
>QoL stuff from X and 2 like gathering nodes (with labels), running, bestiary, Unique Monster graves, AI commands, etc.
>Have Vanea join the party properly as an eighth member after the first fight with Jade Face and give her a bit more focus
>New orchestrated arrangements of some of the tracks that used synths before
>Land of Challenge for post game

Attached: gremps.png (344x344, 26K)

>Melia only gets good if you're the one in control of her
Same with Shulk. AI really can't handle either of them so they should never be in the same party. Fitting isn't it?

You can always force break> topple in chain attacks. Meila doesn't have anything that helps with toppelocking

if anyone's going to get added as a party member, it's going to be tyrea like she original was going to be

you don't need chain attacks to force topple with melia and topples stack in 1, and if you make a chain attack focused party melia is the best chain attacked like I said

The fuck?
It was much better than two which was basically just a cluttered mess with busywork and minigames, and only got good once fully unlocked so you could ignore half of it.

It is simpler yeah but 10 more fun and 10 more staying power due to that.

And builds were a thing because you could actually BUILD your characters with gems and affinities properly in the game.

>Have Vanea join the party properly as an eighth member after the first fight with Jade Face and give her a bit more focus

This would really be nice.

>Xenoblade 1 is my favorite game of all time
yikes

The sidequests and awful second half ruin it.

Why do all that when Dunban, Reyn and Shulk can build chain attacks and party meter in seconds right out of the gate.

so you can use the dominant strategy in xenoblade and keep a boss permanently stunned?

>QoL stuff from X and 2 like gathering nodes (with labels), running, bestiary, Unique Monster graves, AI commands, etc.
Running won't be a thing probably because it was one of the things you could craft with gems(as opposed to having to buy out deeds in 2 and hope for the best....)

Gathering nodes won't be in either (probably) because 1 has a field guide that rewarded exploration and looking for individual spots, as opposed to 2 which scrapped it and therefore made nodes a thing because there was no need exploring every nook and cranny.

Bestiary please!

While they're at it, just make it an ARPG.

Last Story isn't Xenoblade level and the story is lower scale than you'd expect but I enjoyed it and it's a pretty solid experience. It's more way more action-y in terms of the combat and it's a very good looking game for a Wii game. The voices are good too and the writing is fairly solid.

I never found AI Shulk to be bad at all after deleting Battle Soul off his arts palette. In fact my party for the latter half of the game ended up being control Riki with AI Dunban and Shulk. Use Riki to heal when necessary, and do damage, then use all the party gauge you're swimming in for all the things you can spend it on (Chain Attack, requesting Monado Arts from AI Shulk, reviving party members; it was fucking difficult to wipe)

No the gameplay was shit. Awful sidequests, shitty combat just stack agility to hit enemies high above your level and keep them toppled + dazed and that's literally it. You do the same thing from beginning to end. There are no builds to play around with since everything else is suboptimal.

>the sidequests
??? You mean because it actually has them? Even if you remove all the standard fetch and kill quests from the +450, you'd still end up with more quality sidequests than 2.

>second half
Last two hours maybe and I'd agree. But still better than the last hours of 2 which were just running straight through corridor-corridor-corridor-corridor

Topplelock keeps them permanently stunned, which is the point.

>No the gameplay was shit.
Well at least you're upfront about just being a seething secondary.

and melia is the best topple locker in the game because she can override break and topple resist from bosses

That doesn't even make any sense retard.

This. Its a one of a kind JRPG and the best received XB for a reason.

Really hopring for that X remaster though.

>Or for the supposed New IP from Monolith to finally get some footage.
I don't really think that's happening. How big is Monolith really? I mean with people working this remaster, people working BOTW2 and people working on what is most likely XB3 I can't see that much room for that project.

Tyrea doesn't really have any place in the party or story, though, at least not in the finalised game. Meanwhile Vanea actually joins up for most of the Mechonis anyway in a non-combat role and is directly tied to the main plot, so turning her into a full fledged eighth party member would be a logical extension of that.

there are more than double the people at monolith now than there were during XC1's development

>retard
Keep seething

not like riki does either

Which everyone one can do to.

>How big is Monolith really?
They upsized massively after XC2, they have five studios and at least 200 employees now. One of those studios is basically the 'helper' group that lends a hand on projects like Splatoon and Breath of the Wild, but the other four are dedicated to original projects, so there could still be up to three more being worked on aside from this one.

At what?

no, no one can bypass break like melia can. Dunban has a weird backwards facing AoE topple but the cooldown is way too high. Riki's is a random chance to topple. Melia's is a consistent forced topple on a short cooldown

>best received

XC2 is better

I don't like the change of artstyle at all, if I were calling the shots I've would copy pasted the Wii game and upscale them hard. Still it seems to be lightyears better than XC2, fuck that shit.

Can't wait to laugh at Melia for 100 hours of playtime in glorious HD.

>XC Landscapes in HD
>With ACE+ OST

Attached: 1566585299629.jpg (320x320, 7K)

cope

I finished it twice on Dolphin and Wii U.
Not sure if Bionis shoulder is the worth content to replay it again.

?

Aside from shoulder area and 8th party member. How much content actually got cut in original game?

No it isn't and learn what received means before posting, retard.

>arguing which party members are the best in a fucking JRPG, a genre in which pretty much everything is viable
faggots

While it's true they can't, you still get more topple time with characters who have multiple topple arts then just one.

Finally it doesn't look like a ps2 game anymore

Feelin fucking A mate.
2babbies will finally be drowned out of the discussion now that 1 is gonna be the main thing once again.
People will finally see that 2 was shit and only sold because there was no alternative on the Switch.

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of those games I could never bring myself to replay because the first experience felt so perfect. Everything wrong with X and 2 can basically be summarized as "XC did it better" and I'm certain this remake will be no different.

Attached: Camwhores.jpg (1311x942, 273K)

Apparently there was supposed to be another area between Mechonis Field and Central Factory, but it was more thoroughly scrubbed from the files than Bionis Shoulder was so not much is known about it.

Sounds like it's been totally re-recorded based on what little dialogue they showed off

>Hopefully they change and remove the whole combat system in the original because it was terrible.
>Remake a game without its core gameplay mechonics.
I bet you liked RE2R because you think it was a good remake, didn't you faggot?

>Vanea
Who is Vanea? I forgot.

You have to pick and choose. Except not really because Dunban is so fucking awesome that you're picking Dunban and leaving that useless faggot Reyn to the spiders.

Attached: Dunban.png (250x574, 186K)

Please tell me it's dual audio this time. I think I'll kill myself if I have to listen to Fiora in English ever again

>twitter.com/TriforceZard/status/1169424752676675585

Why are Nintendo youtubers so retarded?

Egil's big tiddy sister

>e celebs
fuck off

>melia got re-cast because the VA is a who-girl now and is too expensive

Attached: 1565945427209.gif (600x600, 18K)

>Everything wrong with X and 2 can basically be summarized as "XC did it better
>XC did mecha, exploration or antagonists better

>OG RE2
>resource management doesn't exist like all RE's. Spam ammo and herbs who cares you always get more
>RE2R
>ammo is actually limited, can actually die because Zombies are a threat now
Yeah you should change things if they are bad.

>Arousal_but_also_arousal.jpg
Can't wait to play

Oh-oh...

Good, Melia’s dub voice was dogshit

Egil's sister

Attached: soft robotics.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

>ammo is actually limited, can actually die because Zombies are a threat now

I played blind on the hardest setting on my first attempt and had ammo in the several hundreds for every weapon by the time I beat the game. Great argument, dude.

Don't worry. Adam Howden's still Shulk and that's literally all that matters since he's the best VA in the industry.

There's nothing wrong with tak controls.

The scene where Alvis is talking to Shulk is exactly the same, it just has an echo effect in the trailer.

I'm not talking about tank controls. Those are great.

I get the feeling it was cut to it being another big ass vertical level (because the only logical place to end up from where you exit Mechonis Field is the midsection). Maybe it was some horrid Babel Tower 2.0 style level and they cut it because of the reason mentioned above.

Yeah, but still in the XC2 DLC he sounded really bad. XC dub is a SF64 kind of situation; you change it and it will be a change for the worst.

Also, consider Anthony del Río.

>some cucks are so triggered by Hikari's tits that their brain melts at the mere mention of the word xenoblade
pottery

And RE2R doesn't have them, and they were the main gameplay.

99% chance it will be since 2 was, but you'll have to download it seperately obviously

3ds version is fine, ive played 3 100 percent runs on each version. sure dolphin looks the best, but they all play the same

Nah, by the time you reach Birkin you should be scavenging for supplies. This is the only time it ever happens in RE.

wait, it actually got announced? this was my only holdout on buying a switch since day 1.

The voice direction for 2 was pretty shit overall, it had good english VAs but they were clearly not directed right. I bet Howden will be better here.

And yeah Anthony's pretty good too. I hope he gets to play Pit again sometime soon.

In the several hundreds. And at least a dozen full heal items. I made a point to kill as few zombies as possible though, and take the long road to avoid encounters. You know, like every other RE game? REmake on hard was much more stingy with ammo than this.

>because the faggots couldn't handle anime tropes
*couldn't handle waifushit

And can you blame them? Nobody with positive IQ actually can.

Not really. Only retards had difficulty with tank controls. The gameplay in the original was just worse over all.

Nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=nLEkwIvfOO4
They're even adding cut content from the original.

Remake looks like soulless generic anime trash.
>B-b-but
Shut the fuck up. The Wii was holding back the original game from looking the best it could be. If the game were remade on current hardware with the same art style, it would be kino.

Attached: 8FF6FEB7-F634-4F18-BB39-29F37B1D489B.jpg (1109x976, 271K)

The cut content like that extended Guar Plains zone?

Watch the trailer, they show the Bionis's Shoulder.

>I hope he gets to play Pit again sometime soon.
Please, don't....

You miss the point; there was no logical reason to claim a remake when said game doesn't have the same gameplay the original game has. Hence it is not a remake.

Attached: 1560223853729.png (382x474, 306K)

Do hope so

If you intentionally play like that, sure. And Remake wasn't stingy at all. You can kill everything in sight on both Chris and Jill's route and have loads of ammo to spare, especially with the shotgun and Magnum

Jesus christ, you mean Gaur Plains was originally bigger? The absolute madmen.

Left: soulless
Right: Soul

You have like 3x15 clips to work with for the first 9 zombies and each zombie takes more than 15 bullets to kill.

>Implement the Enemypedia from X, let us look up things like material drops or locations on it
>Cutscene Viewer that lets you set armors as well

some dataminers for the original version found a couple incomplete massive zones in the files that weren't in the game, if they are adding all those the game just got even bigger. I look forward to beating it another dozen times.

they both look good. the right just looks like the in game version of the left, much better looking than his thousand yard stare in smash

Incredible what a difference a good art style can do to the exact same design. Left looks so much more dignified and mature

Don't mind me just giving your (you) and pointing out you need to improve your shitpost quality.

Attached: 1449464559215.jpg (150x188, 26K)

I've played this fucking game twice already enough is enough. Gimme fucking Pandora's Tower or The Last story ports

It does not take 15 bullets to kill a zombie that's bullshit.

Are they going to add a Melia end ?
She really got fucked hard in the end.
Though HI-FI Fiorun looks hot as fuck.

So do they add more content after you enter mechonis? The game got really linear at that point

Its a fact anyone who thinks the original artstyle is good is a shit eating retard.

Such an amazing art, who made the XC ilustrations?

You want Pandora's Tower with another glitch? And sadly, TLS won't happen.

Pandora doesn't need a remake it needs a translation that doesn't suck

This, I wish

>476807304
Now, it's just too obvious.

More, usually. And then they come back. They must've really lowered the difficulty in the re-releases.

I wish Nintendo gave some of that money to Sakaguchi too

Oh really? I haven't seen anything mentioned about other removed zones in the game, just bionis shoulder. Got a link to that shit?

Also it begs the question if shit like the cut Mechonis area is gonna be added back in too

>that's considered amazing art
how low are your standards?

Do you REALLY want more fucking hubs and fetch quests ? Sometimes cut content is cut for a reason.

So glad they improved the art style. The original was awful

Attached: Xenoblade-Chronicles-Definitive-Edition_2019_09-04-19_011.jpg (3969x4535, 2.09M)

I could give a shit about more quests I played the latter half of the game at like 5x speed in dolphin just running around finishing quests, but I'd take new areas, yeah.

more is always better

>it doesn't look like every other anime on the market for the last 20 years, it's fucking shit!!!
Stupid weeb.

Attached: 1448298664777.jpg (226x256, 12K)

Not him but yes.
XC1 is probably the only game EVER in which I not just bothered but enjoyed doing everything in.
The world design and mechanics just clicked together to create a core loop that was just fun to play.
Also, sure there are lots of fetch quests, but also many other great quests.

What quests? I just ran through the game and was still overleveled.

I did the Saihate Village quests though because I fucking love the Moogle-Ewoks.

If you don't like hubs and stupid little sidequests you shouldn't be playing this game in the first place since that's where 75% of the runtime is.

That's another thing that could do with a change. Riki really needs more of a stake in the main plot besides being there by obligation, or at least more indication that he's seriously invested in the party's cause.

>saihate
Fuck off.

If you want to solve that problem you'd need to redesign the entire game. You can cut out everyone aside from Shulk, Fiora, and Melia and the overarching narrative would barely change.

I love the original art direction and the simplicity of it. It is what made the "designs" stand out in front of other JRPGs who are all designed the same mostly.

But seriously, the new designs are fucking good. Way better than the ones in 2 for the characters.

>it doesn't look like normalfag reddit garbage with shitty shading and no detail so its bad
What's with the redditors being so common on Yea Forums lately.

So I remember playing that game and dumping it during the big tree story segment where you meet those mascot creatures, how far in the story is that?

Attached: cabb1cfa69036050b50eeeb72afbfe17a38854ad.jpg (736x368, 41K)

I won't even get started shitting on one of the worst dubs since human civilization started because I feel genuinely bad for you retards.

So is 2020 the only hint so far?
No approximate release date?

Funny because the art direction is the most generic garbage to come out of the 7th gen

Yeah, no need to make it any more obvious that you're a shitposting faggot.

yeah, i had to google that nonsense just call it the fucking frontier village you didnt play it in japanese

He's probably the autistic moron from the general who insists on pretending anyone else uses Japanese terminology in English discussions.

Who knows, there are hints that there was a zone cut from Mechonis, with them adding back in the cut Bionis Shoulder area as a fully fleshed out, finished area, that possibly means other cut content including unseen stuff is being remade to bolster the already ridiculous amount of content and make it fresh for returning players.

>Never listened to the OST

youtube.com/results?search_query=saihate village

Based

i want to love this game. i truly do. i love the combat, i love the characters, the setting, the story. but my own autism prevents me from actually loving it. i have to talk to everyone, and everyone has a fucking sidequest. and every sidequest must be done, and there's so fucking much at different times of the day i always get overwhelmed and pleb out.

That's not remotely what that means you dumb cunt.

Considering you're implying that's bad art? Quite higher than yours.

That's like halfway through the game basically, maybe a little less

The other characters at the very least have legitimate reasons to go along even if their actual relevance to the plot is minimal. Riki is literally there as an obligation the whole way through.

>is the most generic garbage to come out of the 7th gen
You don't know what generic means then. Look at all the other JRPGs. They are all generic JRPG designs, most coming with the typical overdesigned shit.

The word you maybe looking for is "bland" or "basic" maybe, but its anything but generic.
Because they provided a big change from the usual landscape of JPRGs at the time, which is why people loved those in the first place.

I solved that issue by making a bunch of strategic saves after each arc.
If I ever want to enjoy the story I just jump from save to save everytime I have to make a quest stop.

Bruh, Frontier Village is barely even halfway through the first act, let alone halfway through the whole game.

1/4

Oh, yeah; you read that right.

Wrong, the generic garbage award on gen 7 was for the shooters.

It's objectively soulless and shit which is fact. It's okay to like reddit artstyles but you can stop pretending it's good.

wait, i don't think i understand. please explain a little more in detail.

It's not like being obligated to participate is a less valid justification for doing something than being friends with someone doing something.

Ok, that was too good. Well done reddit.

Attached: 1554363607934.gif (245x200, 497K)

Its the same generic garbage as FFXII and The Last Remnant. Soulless, bland and disgusting to look at. Not that XC1fags know what good art is in the first place

Since I replay this a lot I just have saves at every point I would need to start doing bitchwork.

I was in the same boat the first time I played it.
I approached it like a typical JRPG, and once I reached the frontier village the sidequests just kept pouring in and I couldnt contain my autism to not finish them on the spot so I completely burned myself out.

Second time I did it differently and mananged to organize it better. Finsihed the game and it immediately became my favorite game of all time.

But one thing I really hope they fixed is the quest screen. Because sidequest organization was shit.
A guy I know literally printed out all the sidequests from some website and made a huge ass folder for organization.

I'm sorry you like bad art. But it's okay, 1 is finally a xeno game now so we won't have to look at garbage art anymore.

>bland
Now you're actually using terms that makes sense and at least convey what you mean.
Shame you destroy it with using generic again.
But at least you top it off with
>Not that XC1fags know what good art is in the first place
Showing that you're just a shitposter anyway.

Better quest organization would be good, but the most important thing would be to strip out most or all of the xp rewards from all quests. They give you way too much, especially if you do them as soon as they become available.
They could also appropriate the 2 system of storing all quest xp separately and letting you access it optionally from a menu.

If they fuck up jumping like they did in 2 I won’t buy it.

>I'm sorry you like bad art
>MGS's is bad art

But there aren't any characters who fit your criteria.

FFXII looks great though? And certainly nowhere near generic. Go to any anime site and look at the top newest anime and try to find one that looks like FFXII, then try to find one that looks like the new Xenoblade artstyle. I bet you'll have a much easier time with one of those than the other

No it's true. XC1fags don't know what good art is. Why do you think so many of you redditors defend this trash. Thankfully we are never going back to that generic shit artstyle.

You know what else would be nice? If they made NG+ not completely worthless this time.
Have you never played this game?

He's a troll user. Don't give him (you)s and just let him seethe in peace.
Like all kids, he'll tire himself out eventually

Don't compare something amazing like MGS to XC1

HD Xenoblade with a bunch of QoL improvements and adding in cut content? It's more than I have been asking for over the years. I'm so happy.

Attached: 1450204734700.jpg (600x741, 53K)

It was both generic AND overdesigned, don’t kid yourself.
Look at Shulk’s entire lower body, Fiora’s weird ass belly window that doesn’t show belly button, Melia’s terrible base armour, Zanza/Meynethhs Monados looking like they came straight from a Deviantart Kingdom Hearts OC page, almost every single armor ser being ugly as sin.
And all of that coated in a FF XII copycar style, with eyes being textures on the faces and characters that can barely express.
I love the game, I really do, but the fucking narrative that people weave to convince themselves that it looked better than it’s successors in any way is mind boggling. And it’s even worse now with the remake bringing retards spewing SOUL SOULLESS by the droves.

Reyn is literally just there because he's friends with Shulk and Fiora, especially in the second half. Sharla is literally just there after you rescue Juju because she's friends with the party. Melia, like Riki, is there out of obligation, though hers is personal rather than social.

I see they are adding normal maps to the envoirment but are leaving most of it at the same poly count, wonder how that'll work

Attached: 164940719-xenoblade-chronicles-wallpapers[1].jpg (1920x1080, 398K)

You said I like bad art, I like MGS's art so by your faulty shitposting logic MGS art is now bad art. The problem remains the same: you.

FFXII does look good because it was done by a actual good artist. Unlike the og trash of xenoblade. Thankfully real fans won while XC1fags will keep seething about their game finally having good art now.

How about we stop responding to the guy who spent the past 11 hours screaming about the old art being better.

>Sharla, Riki, Meila
>worthless

Fucking lol. Those are the main characters people use to take down high leveled enemies.

To be honest, I think a new game or an X remake would have been more appropriate and needed than releasing another 1 remake but I'm a huge Xenoblade 1 whore so I love it the same and I'll play it again.

I'm honestly so excited for this. I actually love all three of the Xenoblade games, with Chronicles 1 being my favorite Wii game, X being by favorite Wii U game, and 2 being my favorite switch game. When they added Shulk and Fiora as blades I thought, damn, how fucking cool would the first Xenoblade game be remade with models like these, and here we are.

Of course Yea Forums is fucking shitposting it to death, I hate you all.

I played the original and I liked jumping around all over the place. 2 has this weird thing where you stopped when you landed and it killed momentum. Just saying, they better keep it how it was before.

he had the anti gravity jump where you could change direction at will. had a great feel to hop with, in 2 it felt lame

>user is more than one person
How about you going back instead?

I know what you mean about the little landing pause being annoying, but we should be clear that jumping in the original was also retarded, if for a different reason. X had the only really satisfying jump.

Maybe Meila but you have to be retarded Sharla and Riki when they don't offer anything other don't do better. Actually using constant debuffs is a waste of time.

>worthless party members like Riki, Meila
Is this bait?

sharla was in my party the whole game the first time i played it, i never thought she was bad until i tried super bosses

Funny to say that because you are now stuck with a actual good art-style and can't handle it.

Well yeah. He has to pretend he's not the one trolling even though it's extremely obvious that he is.

>Riki doesn't offer anything others don't do better

Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about.

I always played Sharla because tits and ass who cares about fucking numbers when you can witness the glorious tits and ass

Attached: sharla1[1].png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

I'm impressed by how bad Yea Forums is at Xenoblade

I was hoping for an X port since I skipped it on Wii U. Guess I have to wait for the next two directs to get either X or pikmin 3

Attached: 1467285769352.gif (360x354, 84K)

Xenoblade is a bad game that has all the problems of FF12 and more

I wish RPG didn't all try to become open world trash

That's because the game is made for toddlers so you can use anyone. Doesn't mean there isn't a optimal way of playing

After how much they improved Fiora I can’t wait to see Sharla

I honestly just want some QoL changes like being able to level inactive party members (like in XC2) and more post game super bosses and content.
I kind of hope they are not changing too much.

Attached: 1557318710150.png (665x374, 312K)

Mostly indifferent, I just want X2.

It’s so sad that these threads are already filled with falseflagging and bait

>being able to level inactive party members

This was already a thing though?

Right there with you bro, this is a massive opportunity for XB1 to come back better than ever, and hopefully with revamped content as shown by the Shoulder in the trailer.
I really hope XBX and, in the future, XB2 get similar Definitive Editions.

>40 hours into the original
>this gets announced

Attached: 234920.png (1022x731, 643K)

>doesn't have one single good topple art
yeah he's shit

GUESS WHOSE RIFLE WILL BE GETTING HOTTER

Attached: dolphin2011-08-2115-11tqos[1].jpg (1600x900, 1.1M)

Do something about Riki getting fucked when trying to fight in shallow water.

>areolae peaking
nice

Yea Forums can't handle the fact the game doesn't have a soulless shit art style now

Can't wait for more Mechanical Rhythm

You're being extremely disingenuous
>Shulk is there because his girlfriend was killed and he wanted revenge
>Reyn is there because one of his two closest friends was killed and he wanted revenge
>Dunban is there because his little sister was killed and he wanted revenge
>Sharla is there because her fiance and the entire Colony 6 defence force were killed and she wanted revenge
>Melia is there because her father was killed and she wanted revenge
>Fiora is there because she knew the truth of the whole situation and wanted to help Meyneth (who also happens to be the only thing keeping her alive)
>Riki is there solely because he was told to be there
Do you really not see how Riki is the odd one out here?

Will it make it into the new game or will it be censored?

Attached: 7's crack.jpg (972x388, 132K)

Sexy characters aren't allowed anymore

>pretending Riki has no personal interest in stopping what's going on because his initial motivation is business even though he never acts as though he cares about that outside of one or two scenes where he explains his prior circumstances
>accusing others of being disingenuous
lol ok

Damn, halfway through the original, maybe I'll wait for this. Would Shulk/ Seven/ Dunban be good for endgame? They are my favourite party members.

Those are the best party members, yeah

>There are people who aren't shitposting and genuinely think the new artstyle is bad

Attached: SmugFiora.png (269x269, 117K)

have you seen what the characters in xb2 wear

>i have only read a summary of the story on reddit and am now pretending that I know everything: the post
Embarrassing.

Hopefully it's still there

Attached: ceecd3a45c0817bcc9b2722d4b7a5e58.png (540x690, 309K)

Oh damn, fantastic. I like Seven because Fiora a cute and delicious robo ass, and because Dunban is a fucking badass beyond compare. Them being optimal makes things even better.

obviously, this isn't sony we're talking about.

Attached: 1563358360081.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

mouths are way better in the original portraits

What do you expect with Yea Forums. The shit taste here gets lower and lower each day

I dont see a problem :3

Why are people still putting the fact that Fiora is Seven in spoiler tags.
It's been 9 years.

Attached: 1558226934238.png (1228x1150, 198K)

You can switch Shulk for Melia as well, she's one of the best characters in the game if you know how to play her.

looks great and i love XC1 to death, but i'm also disappointed because i just want a sequel to X already. i would've preferred an X port too, just some acknowledgement to it

No they don't. Nothing about the original portraits are good

It will probably be kept.

Attached: nice.png (227x163, 82K)

He literally doesn't have a personal interest in it. He has a general interest because obviously he doesn't want everybody to fucking die, but there's nothing whatsoever that gives him any kind of personal stake in the plot.

I wish Nia's outfit wasn't so puffy so you can see her add more.

I dunno user, being forced to go because your village wants you to pay your massive debt seems like a pretty personal interest.

Also he was very good friends with Melia before you met them, so if she's going he also has an interest there as well.

Was there any exposed crack in XB2?

Yeah, but I get bothered if the protagonist isn't fielded, it just doesn't feel right to me

Robo Fiora might end up being the hottest character in the series after the remake

I've dropped the original after 20 hours, but will probably check this one out. I don't expect anything above 3/10 though.

Nostalgia is a bitch

Can't wait.

Attached: 1446975363575.png (1600x900, 1.5M)

amazing, the world is 10x better than X and XC2

Left: South American subhuman
Right: Normal person

I literally played it last week. Cope harder.

I dont know why suddenly so many people try to pretend its shit, when it was always rated highly on Yea Forums and always made top lists. Are fans of the second game really this insecure or are these just falseflaggers/shitposters?

I'm not mad at it but I really don't see much point in remaking it. I'd have bought it if it was just a port alongside XCX.

Imagine being this upset by a sequel

>Way better than the ones in 2 for the characters
Not really. 1>2>1:DE
But they're all good. You only dislike 2 because you are too insecure to enjoy something that isn't dark and serious. I wish I was a teen again

>Arts palette changed to function similarly to in 2 and Torna, where instead of scrolling through individual arts you scroll through sets of three/four that are assigned to the face buttons
Fuck no that new art pallet UI was the worst part of 2. And anyway since it was designed that way because of blades it wouldn't work in 1.

>I dont know why suddenly so many people try to pretend its shit
I've played it in 2013. It was shit back then and it is still shit.

It’s really hard to tell because this fanbase does have a couple dedicated shitposters and falseflaggers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is one jaded 2fag lashing out after how heavily it got shitposted in the past

I want to slide my thumb down her back and nestle it between those buns.

Other way around, Blades were made because they wanted arts mapped to buttons

Padding and generating/maintaining hype for the eventual xc3, i guess, after that Shulk mini-speech in xc2 too. And after 1 rerelease and 1 halfass port, you need a remaster/remake for it to sell
X couldnt be port cause it would be too expensive, Takahashi did say that once

This. I wouldn't go to the extremes you did but the nostalgic retards here are too intense. Yes, XC1 was designed to have more mainstream appeal than 2. It's not better, it's just blander so it doesn't alienate people.

You counted the polygons?

Attached: xc2.jpg (1280x720, 362K)

No it's better than the shitty toolbar forcing you to handcrawl with the controller. Assuming they connect it with buttons would also fix the shit UI

Attached: MetalFace-1.jpg (809x453, 90K)

>Yes, XC1 was designed to have more mainstream appeal than 2. It's not better, it's just blander so it doesn't alienate people.
What the fuck are you smoking?
It's literally the exact other way around.
XC2 is literally the most generic ironic weeb shit game ever.

Eagerly awaiting for it to run on Yuzu.

Would have preferred a new game or X port but this is okay too. The original game is already fine as is so I don't see what they're going to change that would make a huge improvement.
Hopes:
>new playable character
>make sharla not useless
>new skill trees to mess around with
>interesting new take on the battle system
>make the side quest system less tedious or at least more interesting
>revamp the gem system so you don't end up mining useless lvl 1-4 gems

No user he's right, that's why Yea Forums loves the art style of 1 so much.

I wonder if they'll tie the storylines together now.

>make sharla not useless
Its hard to make a healer useful in a game where DPS is the top priority

Your own fault. A port was likely.

>other way around
>when 95% of normalfags, youtubers, and retarded internet commenters(including Yea Forums) have an aneurysm whenever they see it
you're a real smart cookie aren't you

Well the terrain unlike the characters looks the same

>Also it begs the question if shit like the cut Mechonis area is gonna be added back in too
got a link for this cut area?

based secondaries

top looks like emotional pain
bottom looks like poopy pain

2 is shit not because it's anime, but because it's the shit kind of anime, and I by that I don't mean modern, non-serious, or not dark-and-gritty enough. Just plain shit, by today's standards.
Furthermore, Rex, Homura, and Hikari have absolutely terrible designs, and getting a dozen artists to freely design blades was a decision arguably worse than shipping XB1 with those character models.

>no argument
Lmao

>YFW you didn't play the inferior ugly Wii/New 3DS shit and will enjoy it in HD with much nicer graphics on Switch

Yeah it looks like some geometry is the same as on Wii but with touched up textures. Clever way of saving work time and performance and the modelling on a lot of assets was already good, though, so It could work. although I do wonder how much moving to an engine with full PBR is gonna affect the look and feel of stuff.

Doesn't matter how good it looks if they don't fix the combat. The combat in Xenoblade Chronicles was absolutely fucking terrible.

Top looks like shit
Bottom looks like a man's struggle to survive in a world of strife

Never respond to me again you ignorant buffoon.

Attached: kyoko.png (509x520, 254K)

You aren't allowed to say the combat system has problems

It surely wasn't perfect but still a lot better than whatever the trash in XC2 was.

2 is shit due to the extremely forgettable environment, the level design in general isn't even close to 1 or X
Also the gacha shit is fucking horrible and the battle system with the focus on these streamlined combo is pretty bad too

Making her not the only character with an ultimate art that holds her back would help a lot.

No map geometry exists for it, all we know is that was between Mechonis Field and Central Factory, so it was MOST LIKELY going to be located in Mechonis' midsection as you ascend up to the chest to get to Central Factory. If you notice, the orientation of when you enter the elevator in Mechonis' hip doesn't match up when you exit into Central Factory. So it seems like there's something missing in the middle, and that's what the missing level is likely to be

Someone else said there's even more but no link so far

Look again

>having taste this awful

Attached: 1563967877007.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

>topplelock: the game
>good
Its kinda crazy how delusional Yea Forums can get

>man

he looks 10 years old like Rex

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1169408271209205761

STAY MAD, WII/NEW3DS CUC_KS AS YOUR UGLY GAME WILL PRETTY MUCH BE FORGOTTEN

Attached: EDqSny8UUAAGY9x.jpg (3585x4096, 553K)

fix the weapon bug where weapons with large damage variance are functionally useless, since it ignores the maximum damage variant if its higher than (minimum damage + 99)

I never understood how people struggled to understand 2's combat system as if it was extremely complex.
It's really easy to understand and eventually becomes just as repetitive as 1's combat.

Still better than
>press + and watch a cutscene: the game

No he looks 18. Except he isn't in a shit art style

I would absolutely fucking hate to have your abymsal taste. Xenoblade had the worst fucking combat I've seen, turn based is more involved. It was mind-numbingly stupid and repetitive and completely ruined the entire experience. It wasn't even that it was MMO styled tab-target combat, it was bad MMO combat at that. Boring, plodding, and made every single fight in the game a downright chore.

XC2 wouldn't even wipe it's ass with XC. It isn't even comparable how much better it was.

>aren't allowed to say anything bad about (original) xc1
>aren't allowed to say anything good about xc2
Wasn't Yea Forums supposed to be counter-culture, you know, different from the rest of the internet

Funny because you are describing 1 again with toppelocking

>unless it's been generations since it came out
It came out in 2010, so it's been almost a decade, but the last port was in 2015, so he's kind of right.

He's right you know.

Nah, those character designs in 2 are comfy as fuck. Homura and Pyra are pretty bad, but the rest are great, especially Rex in his little salvaging outfit. Also, having blades made by different artists just gave them more personality and uniqueness which made opening loot boxes that much more exciting.
And the story isn't bad by JRPG standards. Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, Octopath Traveler all have way worse writing with Xenoblade 1 being better at some points, worse in others.

Attached: logo_xenoblade_2.png (900x301, 71K)

>I've would copy pasted the Wii game and upscale them hard.
Upscale them how? Because the 3D art style looks better imo.

>woooooooooooow look mom, I pressed + now the game is doing epic animations and I don't even have to do anything!!!! so keeeeeeewll!!!!1!
I hate you zoomers so much.

Attached: sameshit.jpg (1428x1437, 441K)

Bionis... Home...

Attached: 1567638313973.png (209x241, 6K)

Yeah you're right, Xenoblade really sucks in how braindead it is

>no argument again
Yikes.

This

>wojakshit

cwinge! OwO yikers

And X is shit because everything about it is bad and 1 has a terrible combat system. Is there any good Xeno game?

>How do you feel about the remake?

I will finally play through this game and series now that I don't have to deal with wiimote faggotry.

Meant to say Mythra

>and 1 has a terrible combat system
But it doesn't? It's not as good as Xs combat but still miles ahead of 2s.

What argument? Xenoblade 1 doesn't require any thought to beat. That's a fact.

Well, if we're being objective - it was you who didn't have an argument. He at least wrote a paragraph.

Don't really dig the redesign of Shulk, original had that charming goofball look

How would 2's UI even work with arts and monado arts?

I do love doing nothing but toppling. Such a great system.
Oh wait it's shit.

2's combat system is dramatically overrated. It's extremely boring and repetitive just to stack lvl 3 special orbs and then chain attack over and over again.

I'm on the fence about the more 'anime' designs but I guess the game will still be the same (or better) so pretty hyped. Doesn't herald well for the rest of the series since the X art style was far better and attracts less anime faggots, but still.

I also do love doing nothing but quick time events. Such a great system.
Oh wait it's shit.

Not sure if I'll play it because I spent hundreds of hours doing the sidequests when it first came out
Not a fair comparison. Left is promotional hand drawn artwork, right is a 3d model

Attached: Xenoblade_01.gif (400x225, 2.65M)

And Xenoblade 1 is even worse because it's just break > topple you win

Pneuma in Xenoblade Definitive

ONEGAI TAKAHASHI

Attached: Pneuma.jpg (1922x1080, 194K)

All XC2 does is build on XC1 combat so it becomes boring at hour 30 instead of hour 10 like the original. The people who prefer 1 are either nostalgic, prefer 1's combat because they liked the rest of the game more, or are trying to be contrarian and get replies.

Again, why are you describing XB1?

At least that's doing something. Xenoblade one was walking to the side of the monster, hitting a button, dealing 430 damage, then waiting half a minute for that skill to go off cooldown. You don't even do anything in the game. There's no skill, no strategy, no timing: literally nothing. Holy shit at max level it does 680 DAMAGE?! I AM GOING TO CUM THAT WAS SO WORTH THE 40 HOURS OF GRINDING.

Fuck off. Anyone who thinks Xenoblade 1's combat wasn't the worst fucking example in the entire genre needs to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Daily reminder to always ignore people that don't like animu

Xeno series has always been animu from the start

Attached: Elly.png (616x761, 457K)

Why didnt they wait for the next nintendo system?Aside from character models the graphics dont look like a big step up.

Classic anime =/= modern cookie cutter trash

Except it isn't? Like at all?
At least 1 had the fact that each character had unique arts that made them play in distinctly different ways going for it. In 2 you have 4 rare blades with the same weapon that all play exactly the same but one just plain outclasses all the rest, and then you have the fact that some weapons are clearly superior to others to make even more rare blades redundant.

Looks worse than the HD mod.

X was anime as fuck way more than this new art-style

The XC2 combat system is better just because it has a little bit more depth, even though I hate the elemental orbs stacking and I wish that they will improve upon the remastered combat maybe with things like launch and smash but keep the orbs and seal combos, overpowered chain attacks and whatever out.

But fuck the shitty XC2 controls. Give me back my XC1 and XCX controls.
Fuck those "hurr durr le skill is mapped to button so epic" shitters.

Attached: 1545501284898.jpg (220x250, 15K)

You didn't switch out from Shulk for the whole game, did you?

Yes it is. There's a reason people who know how to actually play the game called it a topple sim
>fact that each character had unique arts that made them play in distinctly different ways going for
Too bad it's all worthless.

There's no reason to switch Shulk out when he gets 7 free talent arts compared to every one else

Maybe you'd realize there's more to the combat than toppling if you bothered to learn how the characters you deem "worthless" played.

>There's a reason people who know how to actually play the game called it a topple sim
Wow and XC2 is a chain attack sim and XCX is a ghost walker + overdrive sim
What's your point?
Every game will always have one strategy that is the best.

>Xenoblade 1
>but with actual good art
what a time to be alive.

Wasn't expecting that, and nice that they add cuted content

You're unironically an autistic no fun allowed brainlet.
Please stop thinking you know anything about the combat when you've played 1/7 of it.

HD MELIA WHEN

The actual artwork was better in the original, but obviously the newer 3d models are better.

What play in a suboptimal way? This is the only reason Yea Forums thinks this excuse of a combat ssytem is good, they don't even know how to play it

Uh, lol no?

Nope the original art was shit.

Mate, "MMO hotbar but you don't have a keyboard" isn't ideal either.

This. People who compare Xenogears to XBC2 forget the inconsistency of XBC2s designs

>muh being optimal
>muh minmax
>muh autism
Literally a no fun allowed autistic brainlet. Try experimenting for once in your life holy shit.

Probably not but it was comfy and XC2s system sucked, so I'd rather have the old one back.

1 has 7 playable characters with unique abilities, each with 5 skill trees. XC2 has 5 playable characters that all play essentially the same, with Blades being random and innate Blades being unable to be removed until what, chapter 9? So you can't even make Morag anything but a tank because she'll automatically switch to tank to get aggro, then swap to a DPS blade and get reck'd. The amount of build planning and variety in your party is fucking shit compared to XC1's where you could come up with a bunch of different strategies right off the bat depending on your composition and skill choices. There is more depth in XC1's system the moment you are get Dunban than there is in the entirety of XC2's system from start to finish. Don't even get me started on how Tora has 2 fucking blades until the last 1/4 of the game.

Or you play the entire game in chain attack mode and nothing you really do matters because you're just pressing colours that light up and then killing a boss in one move. Yes, XC1 could devolve into that too, but topple locks aren't necessary until the super late game while orb breaking is the most efficent strategy as soon as you get it.

based ironic weebbro

Because you have 3 viable ways of tackling things compared to just 1 in XC1. Agility, CA's and DoT's. CA's don't work in BoC so that's out, yet its still two builds over 1 optimal solution

All this thread has proved to me is that 95% of people who shit on the combat only played Shulk for the entire game. No wonder you found it tedious and boring when you played 1 of 7 characters for 80+ hours.

Why use shitty characters? Because I'm not delusional enough to think this dumpster fire of a combat system is good?

>implying topple locks are the only "viable" way to beat XC1
First of all, learn what viable means you illiterate ape. And secondly, topple locks are only necessary for the end game super bosses. You never need to topple anything in the main game from start to Zanza, except for that one boss that has spike damage.

If they wanted to make a good game why didn't they balance it?

Is he confusing it with 2?

The environments were gorgeous, the actual character art was like a shittier version of ff xii. Designs were good though.

XC2 has a lot of player input. The difference between someone who knows how to do fusion combos effectively and someone who doesn't is massive.
For all the theoretical "diversity" that each unique character brings, you're mostly just going to be slamming arts. Someone playing through the game isn't going to have a wildly different experience than someone playing as Dunban.

1. None of them are outright shitty. Every single character is viable even if there is an optimal party for the most damage by end game
2. The game is nowhere near hard enough to warrant only going for the best build at all times. Literally experiment you autistic brainlet.

Based

Attached: 2f0bzq.jpg (1590x1056, 84K)

>people saying XC1 characters all played differently and XC2 characters all play "essentially" the same
Kek
These inter-game wars are so funny.
What you say about 1 game applies to the other, frauds.

Attached: 1512569496121s.jpg (250x249, 4K)

The steam release of Octopath Traveler was great since now nobody defends this trash, what a horrible excuse of a jrpg

>There is more depth in XC1's system the moment you are get Dunban than there is in the entirety of XC2's system from start to finish
Nope there is no depth. Stack agility bro with critical ups, arts haste, and topple up requires zero depth the moment you get Dunban. The combat system is objectively trash.

>Comfy
Word use to excuse something being shit just like 1 battle system.

Nah senpai
There is a lot more variety in things you can do in XC1 compared to XC2

I agree, how can these ironic weebs like pure shit like the original art?

I liked the diversity which is weird because in Pokemon I need to have all Pokemon from the same region or I start hating the design differences.

In 2, that diversity added to the feel of the game for me. It was an unusual game, definitely a whole lot weirder than 1 which has more mainstream appeal and was designed that way.

But Octopath was the best JRPG of the last decade?

What are you even talking about?
The game is balanced to make every character and party combo viable so as to allow variety. Of course you're going to think the combat is shit if you play one character and party for the whole game.

If you want to get the shitty combat system over faster, yes there is one objective solution in all the fights.

Experimenting is far superior in 2. Again, you have no ground to stand on.

topple lock isn't variety

Why didn't they balance their shitty game better?

I like both games but stop with the bitchass lying, user.
XC2 had objectively more things to do than XC1.
You know this. Everybody knows this.

Attached: melly.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>XC1's combat system was bad
I get it, you are casual shitters. Just go back to your CoD thread and stay there.

No, all but four members of the party are shitty since they aren't optimal. You're right the game isn't hard, because if it was it wouldn't be a unbalanced mess where you can do the one same thing over and over again.

dunno, already played on wii and 3ds. they need to put put a lot of new content in it if they want to sell it to me.

(pic related)

Attached: D0hGQojWsAEFo11.jpg (680x383, 34K)

CoD has more variety than Xenoblade

Nah, people started bashing that game a long time ago. It was only around launch where people hoped it would be good and didn't want to listen to criticism.

Plot twist. Xenoblade Definitive is a THIRD universe created from when Klaus pushed the button that heavily resembles Xenoblade 1.

The plot will completely go off the rails and deviate from Xenoblade 1 halfway through and establish that it's actually a Xenoblade 3 disguised as a remake of Xenoblade 1.

We get to learn more about Alvis/Ontos, Galea/Meyneth, see a third side of Zanza/Klaus/Architect

Logos respawns in this third universe and that's where the plot begins to deviate fro the original.

Alvis is well aware of what's going on and is somehow the same person from Xenoblade 1 despite being a different universe.

He pulls out his own Siren and we get an Ontos versus Logos fight.

The mechon become cannonfodder and can't compete to AI-built Conduit mecha.

Attached: takahashi's wild ride.jpg (194x345, 25K)

I can't wait for the new costumes to get previewed and r/xenoblade_chronicles, IGN, and Resetera whine about boobs again

I love that they're implementing the shoulder again. I can't remember the last time a game used a beta map and reintegrated it into the story.

Seriously look up some footage of the map it's amazing (And huge)

Yeah I love being locked out from experimenting for the majority of the game because of gacha shit along with a tedious affinty chart grind.
Oh I just got Ursula, I want to experiment with this new blade in combat. Wait what? I have to spend 20 hours of the game grinding tedious time based missions just to be able to use her?
At least XC1 gave you all the options to experiment with throughout the story. Even then you're limited in 2 in many ways, like all blades of one weapon type having the same arts.

>People caring about who is the best party in a JRPG
>Not just using whoever you like the most

Have you tried switching out arts/character? Making different parties?
No, of course not, what am I saying. You haven't because you're casual trash. Get the fuck out.

>For all the theoretical "diversity" that each unique character brings, you're mostly just going to be slamming arts. Someone playing through the game isn't going to have a wildly different experience than someone playing as Dunban.
What? Yes you are. Someone playing as Shulk for the whole game will have a completely different time as someone playing as Dunban. Their arts are completely different. Dunban makes for a good tank and can be built as one, whereas Shulk can't tank at all and always has to play as a back/side-slasher. Nevermind that Dunban doesn't have Mondo arts and will need to build his character around being able to bypass Mechonis armor, either by having Shulk in his team, by toppling, or by equiping specific weaponry.
>you're mostly just going to be slamming arts
I can't even wrap my head how fucking stupid of a comment that is. You're mostly going to be pressing attack buttons, yes. Like, fuck dude, what's wrong with you?

You can say that XC2 has a busier combat system all you want. It still fundamentally fails at being an RPG. XC1's build variety and character customization blow it out of the water. XC2 plays like a bad action game while XC1 has fairly deep and involved character customization that makes experimentation fun and engaging. The only strategy in XC2 is hoping you get good blade rolls so that your party can build the right orbs in the right order or have the ability to do a slam driver combo. That's basically it. That's nothing compared to 7 characters with their own unique arts, with 5 skill trees and and ability gems that can drastically change how the character plays on top of that.

Are they implementing it for real?

>mfw I bought an original copy (NA version not the Malaysian one) after I beat it on a hacked Wii
>mfw I bought a second time for the New 3DS
>mfw I bought it a THIRD time when they released it on the Wii U eShop
>mfw I'm going to buy the same game a FOURTH TIME
Oh boy I remembered calling faggots to the anons that take photos of their multiple copies of the same game for the Yea Forumsingo threads.

Welp I think I'm now a big huge fagget myself.

Attached: 1567652312833.jpg (1280x1564, 415K)

>Yeah I love being locked out from experimenting for the majority of the game because of gacha shit along with a tedious affinty chart grind.
Not him but you do know XC1 had a worse affinity chart grind? Or that you were also level locked because lower level monsters gave close to negligible xp unless you moved on to the next area?
What's the point of faulting XC2 for the SAME THINGS XC1 did? Nostalgia goggles?

It can still be higher poly count assets. The bionis shoulder area they've shown looks like something out of X or 2.

Why would I? Especially when you get Reyn, Shulk, and Dunban, then Fiora, Shulk, Dunban what reason do you have to switch them out at that point in the game

>shitty since they aren't optimal
I can't even imagine how unfun life is being this autistic. Being optimal means something is the best or at its best. That doesn't mean everything that isn't optimal is useless. XC1 isn't a game designed to be played with one optimal build. Even with the superbosses there are multiple viable builds and teams.

>XC2s combat system is so grea-

Attached: 1550563379659.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

>he doesn't know the power of Riki

See the ending of the announce trailer, that last vista is a remade version of the Bionis Shoulder map

There's also an unseen cut map that would have gone between mechonis field and central factory, it's possible that might get redone and added back into the game as well and we'll finally see what it was supposed to be

I imagine they will since Torna got a physical release and it seems they're pushing Xenoblade as a new flagship series

>XC1
>Experimenting
Wrong, stack agility and accuracy was need for most builds.

>blade specials
>break topple launch smash
>blade combo
>chain attack full burst
>eye of shining justice
>overdrive
>attack cancels

how is that streamlined compared to 1

based

>balance means making the whole game so easy you can do one solution over and over again bypassing everything
Or why didn't they just make a strategic game where you can't inflict topple and daze arts on to each other? Or about not being able to stack agility mods so high. The game has zero experimentation when you figure out out to break it in the first 10 hours.

>Reyn
Reyn is objectively one of the least efficient lategame characters. Riki has more HP, better arts, MUCH better DPS, amazing versatility and some much more fun aspects in the form of his absolutely unique aura.
And Sharla needs to be considered because when you build her with 2 Heat - gems and Ether, you get unlimited heals as well as firing thunder bullets like no tomorrow, especially with the aura if you give her the perk that prevents hostility from increasing when you have an aura.

But I guess you hadn't considered that, of course.

1. The affinity grind was hardly necessary to uss a character, whereas Ursula is going to be dogshit until you put in the tedium to grind her
2. The affinity chart grind was based on battling, as in actual gameplay, not sending your dumb blades off every 5 minutes to do a quest over and over again

Have you noticed the monado shulk has at the end of the trailer
>mobile.twitter.com/dansarasado/status/1169567092300902401
Is WAY TOO DIFFERENT?

Agility is necessary, of course. But Night Vision was only for the high level mobs.

It's the Replica Monado, right? Maybe they made it look more different.

Every game is going to be stale if you look up how to do things optimally and only do that. The fun is in trying different things and seeing what works.

>Even with the superbosses there are multiple viable builds and teams.
No there aren't and when there is one optimal solution available you don't have to do anything else.

>DIFFERENT ARTS!
Alright, what's the actual, moment to moment difference in gameplay? Let's say someone starts the game playing as Reyn and never stops. What skills does he have or lack?

Ursula isn't representative of all Blades in XC2, whereas the affinity grind is representative of ALL characters in XC1.
Like cmon user if you wanna complain then get a more valid one, don't be disingenuous and frame Ursula's circumstances = everyone else.

>XC1's build variety and character customization blow it out of the water.
What customization? All you need to three different gems and that's it. You run with it thought the whole game.

I can't even imagine being this autistic

>tfw on like Chapter 7 and still can't get the hang on elemental orbs and breaking the orbs during chain attacks

You don't need to grind a affinity chart to use a blade retard. You only did that if you wanted to. The games core system doesn't need the chart to function.

>Reyn is objectively one of the least efficient lategame characters.
You're right that's why he's switched with Fiora as explained. And no you have no reason to use shit characters like Sharla.

I really hope they buff Sharla but try to keep everyone else at a similar power level, the original game was really balanced. Hopefully they buff Melia's AI as well so don't have to Main her.

Extremely excited, been wanting to play it since I played 2

The affinity chart grind is still extremely tedious, having to backtrack to beat bosses, do tedious item gathering like with that dumpling blade and the one who wants to make clothes etc, playing the crappy Poppi minigame.
The game is amazing in how it constantly finds new ways to throw unfun tedium at you.

You don't have to look things up to break XB1. You figure out how to topplelock very early when using topple arts in chain attacks. That's all the combat is unless this remake fixes this trash.

Attached: IllCutUbitch.jpg (2048x2048, 988K)

I don't pretend XB1 has good combat so I wouldn't know.

There's a huge difference in how affinity charts making rare blades better in 2 and in how the affinity grind in 1 makes characters better.

His outfit is also way different too
Maybe this shit is actually postgame stuff?

>one shitty topple art that isn't consistent
Why should I use this trash character again?

What the fuck are you talking about? I can fight Avalanche with pretty much any team, so long as I have the 3 requirements: Agility max, Night Vision max, Anti-Handicap max. That's ALL you need. Of course, fighting without Shulk is a bit of a issue, but you can still replace him with Sharla to block damage with the Shield bullet or use Melia and stack Ice spirits to minimize the damage from the big AoE attack. But the fact is that you CAN fight mobs with different teams, and the gameplay changes a lot depending on which character you use. You won't be doing the same thing as Dunban compared to playing as Melia, or even Riki (depending on the role you give him).
In fact, Dunban himself can be played either as a tank or shadow assassin.

>all the secondaries will be able to "play" XC1 and shitpost about it like the actually played it
This fanbase is doomed. We're heading down the same path as Fire Emblem...

Attached: 1538901297304.jpg (423x613, 50K)

You can't even topple lock things until late/post game when you have colony 6 fully upgraded and can max out your arts as well as affinity chart.

>cherry picking a blade upgrade path everyone agree was dumb
Most of the blades require you to hunt bosses and superbosses to unlock nodes user

this, the games are easy enough that you can get through 99% of them without ever engaging with the 'deeper' mechanics. I can't list the number of people who only figured out Overdrive or Elemental Bursts as they were fighting the final boss

Where does X fit into this?

Attached: xeno = gainax.jpg (3512x7987, 3.64M)

>would copy pasted the Wii game and upscale them hard

If you want that, just play the Wii version in Dolphin with an HD Texture Pack

Oops, meant for

Post your team in all Blade games:
Rate my teams too
>XC1
Riki
Melia
Shulk

>XCX
MC
Elma
L
Nagi

>XC2
Rex - Pyra/Mythra, Nia, Zenobia
Tora - Poppi, QT, QTPi
Zeke - Pandoria, Telos, Kosmos

Attached: OGs.jpg (1200x591, 167K)

>improve the combat system without completly remaking it from scratch
>more side content, including new areas
>QoL changes
>tie in with 2, hopefully setup
>dickson and mumkhar playable in ng+ similar to XB2
>prequel DLC where you play as Dunban, Dickson and Mumkhar in the war against Mechonis

Its using the same engine as 2 and X but I don't know what improvements are made, looks super similar to 2 in terms of that versions improvements which added more physically based rendering and real time lighting effects at the cost of resolution.
Hopefully that was a main focus of theirs to fix.

Yea its no needed in 2. You can beat every boss and postgame without a max chart.

>Gears characters have actual noses without being unappealing
>"duh noses hard me draw a dot and call it a nose"

Or you can just topple him and keep him permanently stunlocked because the devs thought that giving bosses no break or topple resistance was a good idea which is the faster and safer solution.

>The affinity chart grind is still extremely tedious
>still
So admit that for both games, not just XC2.
>playing the crappy Poppi minigame.
It has an easy modo wtf are you talking about?

My point is that all the options aren't given to you to experiment with in the first place unless you put in 150 hours of grind, which only 2% of players are going to do. In 1 ALL of the options are given to you as you progress through the story.

wonder if they'll still have different looking armor pieces, maybe improve on the looks though

Not true as arts haste, topple up, and critical up gems all exist. You only need that stuff to lock superbosses since the duration is cut down.

Screenshots looks like it's still gonna suffer from the the dynamic resolution of XC2, gonna be super oof on handheld

And you still have to make or find gems so no its still a tedious grind to do anything in 1.

You can't keep lategame bosses on constant topple status unless you're optimized to hell and back. Why are you complaining about something being OP when you effectively have reached the OP point yourself. It's like fighting Zanza when you are lvl 99 and being disappointed that he's easy as fuck.

2's affinity chart grind is way more tedious. I have 100 hours in 1 and have everything maxed out. I have 180 hours in 2 and still have about 10 rare blade charts to max out. You do the math.

> Fei's shoes
> Elly just wears a shirt
> Dan
>>Practical
>>>>>>Stylish

lol

You can't do that VERY EARLY as you previously stated to exaggerate

No shit you have less time in 1. 2 and by expansion X are bigger games.

Are we looking at the same screenshots? It looks like blurry soulless garbage.

Attached: 263AE98B-6F98-4BB7-8DE2-99011A5777C0.jpg (352x547, 92K)

Why don't you try and answer how Reyn is functionally the same as Shulk instead? I can go into how he's different but that should be obvious to anyone who actually played the game. How about you back up your claim that Reyn is the same? In fact, why don't you do that for all the characters since the only one that's actually similar to Shulk is Fiora and even she has a lot of things that Shulk can't do. Convince me that playing Reyn or Melia is functionally similar to playing as Shulk. I'll wait.

Yes you can. You can do that shit consistently since all you need is a few gems

Top: SOUL
Bottom: SOULLESS

>as opposed to 2 which scrapped it and therefore made nodes a thing because there was no need exploring every nook and cranny.
I'm sorry, what
You find those nodes in nooks and crannies

Satorl Marsh is very early

With 2 being composed mostly of tedious grind involving item collecting and beating unique monsters you've already killed 20 times before.

Too hard? Should be quite easy. If one guy spent 200 hours playing Heavy and the other spent 200 hours playing Demoman it's very clear how different their experiences and skillsets are. Why can't you do the same?

You don't need any specific gems to beat the main story. Stop acting like the optional end game super bosses are the entire game and stop pretending like topple locks are the only way to beat them. The only necessary gems are night vision and only for the super bosses that make up less than 1% of the game.

Anyone have any idea why the High Entia city is in the shoulder area or am I mistaking that structure for something else

So you are telling me that you've been spending most of the early game refining gems until you had the perfect solution to keep mobs stunlocked? Isn't that the definition of autism

Show me a video of somebody topple locking by Satorl Marsh.

Because you're making a claim so rediculous that you've got to support it. You don't actually know what Reyn's Arts are, do you? If you did, you wouldn't even be asking that question.

How can you tell that from screen shots?

The way he apparently played the game is by refining the perfect topple lock setup by Satorl Marsh and using ONLY Shulk the entire rest of his playthrough.
He's literally autistic user.

Man,

I'd love to replay this game, but boy, was this game so fucking long. The remake looks great though.

Never said you did, just makes the game go by faster.

>he can't use screenshots to reverse engineer game from the ground up in your head
Never gonna make it.

You act like it takes awhile to do. The only time it ever fails is topple spike damage but that's bad game design.

Thank for describing every Xenoblade game

Not a fan of the new character models. The environments look great, but the models loss the grittiness of the originals. Looks way too generic anime now, which is the same problem the fucking awful character design from XBC2 had. Granted the new models are XBC1HD aren't nearly that bad, but they're approaching the mark.

I legitmately don't understand how retards could prefer the right of the left here .

>topple spike damage but that's bad game design
>WAAAAAAH THE GAME PREVENTS ME FROM EXPLOITING A CHEAP STRATEGY OVER AND OVER AGAIN IT'S BAAAAAD
Do you realize how retarded, autistic and braindead you sound like?

The right one is 3D. You can't compare these two.

Can you even get those gems by Satorl Marsh?
You only have access to the shitty lvl 1/2 shards in Ether Mines and your armour has 1 gem slot at most each, if that, at that point in the game.
1 doesn't lock arts/skills behind it other than Colony 6. 2 doesn't let you develop affinity charts (basically the equivalent of skill trees) unless you do the tedious backtrack grind.

All you have to do is put spike defense. It's bad game design because it's unfair. Two enemies in the same room, both look the same, both don't have any icons. Yet one instant kills you and the other doesn't and the first time it happened you won't even what's going on.

Pressing the special art button, and for all the other arts you just press left or right on the dpad

Arts/skill aren't locked behind a chart retard. You only improve a blades skills with chart. All blades come with a set of skill already unlocked dumbass.

>remakes a barely 10 year old game
WOW
BASED TAKAHASHI
BASED
BASED
BASED
BASED

>tfw the remake will use the newer colorful art style of XB2 instead of the more realistic brown mid 00's look of the original
Seriously why is it that any remake of an older non HD property when they get remade into HD they crank up the color and Anime look? It happened with Ocarina on 3DS and the Final Fantasy remakes.

like what

I found Xenoblade 2 boring, maybe i will give it another chance. Is xeno1 better?

>Is xeno1 better?
Yes.

I never played the original so I am excited for this

It's ok when it's a masterpiece of adventurekino

Literally what the fuck are you complaining about? The situation you described doesn't exist.

I for one am hyped because it confirmed they're putting in cut content.

"Remake"
Its literally an enchanced edition you fuckin retard

>use the newer colorful art style of XB2 instead of the more realistic brown
That's the best thing that can happen to any game.

The affinity charts in 2 are the equivalent of skills. You're basically getting 1/5th the effect of each skill if you choose not to develop the affinity charts at all.

If you don't play 2 don't play this. It has a even worse combat system.

It's the Definitive edition. You get more content.

Most of Yea Forums don't know what remaster or remake mean.

Nope even slower combat

Bullshit, Topple spike is cancer and just seems randomly placed enemies

Yeah

Then change your strategy.
Oh wait, you can't because you are a stupid one-trick pony :^)

You've still yet to show any proof that it's possible to topple lock by Satorl Marsh.

>hurr the combat is bad because you can just topple lock everything
>hurr topple spike is retarded because it doesn't let me topple lock
Literally how retarded do you have to be to think like this?

Or just equip spike defense. Don't really why you are pretending this garbage combat is good when you literally just so the same thing every fight.

>Fuck those "hurr durr le skill is mapped to button so epic" shitters.
Care to explain exactly what's wrong with that setup?

Play the game. You can get Haste gems literally in Colony 9. All you have to do is build party meter.

Excited but no switch. Also wish I could find a TV to plug my wii so I could possibly resume my 120hour endgame grind on the original.

Its bad because there no indication that this one enemy has spike damage on topple when all the others don't for zero reason.

Comfy my ass mapping arts to buttons was great.

I've played through it twice, once a 100% playthrough.
According to this docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zsw4BoNPdCEmKI4k0_beIAsDt77ii-vVgLegaph3518/htmlview?hl=en_US# you can get them by Tephra Cave not Colony 9. Even then they're low level ones that give hardly any effect. You're literally talking out of your ass.