What is his endgame, showing off his powerlevel like this?

Attached: file.png (479x503, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hayhkV1zGVA
youtube.com/watch?v=D-1suPyyQ60&t=156
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He cannot ask someone else to play with him because he'll destroy their mind with his pure skill

He's in

>Toby Fox was one of the few who actually matched his skill

>you could even make an action game out of this
DOOOOOO IIIIIIIITT

He's actually insane. No normal living man would explain this process to the audience then explain something like "on gamecube I didn't have the issue of hitting the R buttons". Or are all Japs this autistically transparent and specific?

It really is a jap thing. You see it in anime all the time.

But that's exactly what my thought process is like and I can be vocal about it... am I insane?

>That part where he shilled Xbox
How much do you think Microsoft payed for that?

A bear and a bird

Not a dime, I pray Sakurai just went bro tier. Plus, it's very Japanese to wish your business partners success.

he's actually pretty bad at smash
youtube.com/watch?v=hayhkV1zGVA

even in the first treehouse demo of ultimate, he was pretty bad

Sakurai seems like the kind of autist that would play at least one game each character stars in.

No, I feel like I like that too, but as an American you never really see it, so it's weird for me to see someone, especially as big as Sakurai, talking like that. It's relatable but makes ya wonder why, and how it's culturally related. This is also seen in how he picks out small character details and touches always to the audience, when most company's next explain and showcase it.

It was supposed to be a kind of joke

That's because he was using training weights by using two hands. One hand Sakurai is yet to be matched. You're doomed if you do doubles against one-hand-on-each-controller Sakurai

Talentless sellout
>hurr durr i no like hal because they make me do sequels!
>brb let me do overpriced DLC for super shit cringers for 10 years

That face he made after saying "Sans was a popular request" was priceless

Attached: file.png (198x190, 63K)

He does for sure.

autistic? or a true craftsman?

He has hands injury and lesion... even though he can still play Smash... An example of superation...

>Sakurai advertised buying Banjo Kazooie on Xbox One

Rare Replay Switch port deconfirmed?

Will Sakurai be the Rome that will tame the IP empires?

I hate this. In normal visual media, someone goes back in time or something and it is implied through visuals alone or someone looks at a calendar and say something about the date or shit like that. In anime, a voice-over pops up not only explaining how time travels works but also inventing a dumb term for it like "Time Distortion" or some shit. I dropped that anime with the guy that goes back in time to save a little girl the moment this happened.

He sacrified the healthy state of his hands. Now he has injured hands. Your healthy does not get better the older you get, gets worse, he is old already. Imagine the pain and suffering he had in hands and in mind to make during years Smash and Kirby games... He is a martyr.

Sans Sucks. Brazil here.

>playing Ganondorf
He had literally no chance of winning. Ganondorf is the worst character in Brawl.

I think you missed the part where they were making fun of him for talking about Xbox.

Sakurai has hand cancer that has permanently crippled is power level. One of the greatest crimes is we'll never get to see what is peak performance was in the early 2000s.

It's called attention to detail, you careless, sloppy fuck

How is he de-aging

Perhaps because sans is the saddest soul

>guh-huh desu yo

The hint is in the Terry trailer. He's like Rugal - he traded something for infinite power.

Fuck off and take care of your dictator

Did anyone get a happy merchant screengrab?

He already is in his endgame

>Make a game with the highest powerlevel
>Nerf it into oblivion
>Destroys it by turning into a shitty mugen + DLC and paid online.

I just want a new proper game from Sakurai instead.

I wonder if he's really trapped like smashfags imply, or if he's just a really good japanese businessman who puts profit & success above all other endeavors.

Attached: screen-7.jpg (688x387, 92K)

He's been making these games for 20 years now. Not playing, MAKING. He might not practice like the pros do, but he can probably do 4D chess shit like this in his sleep.

It's happening, but as part of Game Pass.

Lot of sad, tortured souls in this thread.

gooble, gobble, gooble, gobble...

Attached: oneofus.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Forget that, what was his endgame queueing a laugh track at the mention of the XBox?

I think he still has fun with his job above all else. He's one of the most popular game creators ever and yet he never speaks or acts pretentiously like Kojima or a bunch of western devs, he just shows off his work with enthusiasm. It was nice to hear him joke around with his staff laughing in the background during this presentation, I doubt he'd even want to frame it that way if he was trapped working on a boring job.

Atlus definitely shilled for Joker's inclusion and you didnt hear Sakurai saying to go play their game on Sony.

Because Joker has nothing to do with Sony, he is fully owned by Atlus.

Banjo is until now unprecedented because we've never had a character that is owned by a rival console manufacturer in Smash. He was simply making a point of how absurd it is that these characters that are not just on Xbox but OWNED BY Xbox are in Smash.

You don't think it's funny that he can be in a Nintendo Direct and literally have a reason to say "Go buy this game on Xbox"? Shit's hilarious, who the fuck else in any scenario would get to say that.

do you not see the huge bags on his eyes?

He spends all day working with some of the world's most beloved IPs, most of which he is also a fan of. He might complain about working too hard but at the end of the day he enjoys his work and keeps coming back for a reason.

Attached: TobyFox.png (378x320, 306K)

The way sakurai said EKSBOKS like three times made me feel like he was taking the piss.

they were all laughing at the irony of it sakurai included. are you autistic?

A little joke for the Japanese audience.

Attached: 1558095380086.png (1536x865, 151K)

He improved since (& he was probably showing mercy here).

Woah what's with those portables being so much higher?
Is that worldwide or just JP?

Japan likes handhelds. They pretty much killed the home console market there, before this the PS1 and SNES hit 20 million as well.

In Japan you stay in school after school for club activity. Once you work, you constantly work overtime. People pretty much spend the rest of the day on a commute to or from work. handheld gaming is infinitly bigger than gaming at home in all of East Asia.

the de-aging is starting to wear off.

Idk. Apparently he used to be a real motherfucker at KoF back in the 90's arcade scene. Dudes like 40 now but I bet guy was pretty good at fighters in his prime

He won multiple SFII tournaments too. Imagine getting your ass whooped by this guy and thinking he's some no-life nerd, only he comes up and tells you he made Kirby's Dream Land when he was 19.

>Apparently he used to be a real motherfucker at KoF back in the 90's arcade scene.
It all makes sense now.

Attached: Kof-xii-terry-bogard-win-portrait.png (628x871, 243K)

I thought it sounded pretty ridiculously when he first spoke about using two controllers. Figured it'd be slow and awkward but just thought, fine whatever works even if it's sloppy.
But then they actually showed us him playing two characters at once using the controllers and he was fucking competent at it. How the fuck?

Thanks anons

>Nintendo
>Sony
>Microsoft

1 Mafia, people still dont see this

?

it's definitely weird seeing him explaining what's behind the curtain like that

Whats funny is when he started describing his stacking tactics the first thing that came to mind was how he'd be clicking the triggers accidentally. Dude without skipping a beat read my mind and explains it too. Felt genuine gamer likemindedness. Kinda how you watch TV or a Movie and see some kid autistically button mashing and slamming buttons and the only thing on your mind is wtf is this bullshit?

What? I mean sure it's a little amusing that the presentation dedicated time to Sakurai explaining this stuff to us when it was supposed to be about showing off the new character but what exactly is so objectionable about this to you?

Attached: 1445191721086.gif (192x224, 51K)

This whole thing, the dumb sad souls running gag, him talking about getting whooped by Toby while playing random, it was surreal. I love it though.

it's his favorite character

maybe he just didn't sleep the night before one of the directs, and this time he rested properly

It was a lead-in for a joke about Banjo-Kazooie being a pair that just went on for uncomfortably long. He jokes that, if he had a Kazooie, he wouldn’t need to do his controller stacking trick.

Maybe he should have made Ganondorf a good character if he liked him so much. Ganondorf is so fucking slow that he can't punish anything.

Attached: ganon tier list.jpg (568x180, 28K)

Goddamn the DS was a monster.

Have you seen Melee Kirby? I legit cannot think of a single worse character in the history of the series.

There’s an interview from forever ago where he says if a character gets considered for Smash, he will track down that characters most popular game and it’s origbal hardware if needed, play it (usually until completion) all while looking for possible move set options

>Dudes like 40 now

People don't already do this?

Attached: Imp Bayonetta.png (631x878, 220K)

Master Chief when?

Attached: Actual Cannibal.gif (480x270, 1.71M)

The Xbox is a pretty big meme in Japan. Nobody owns one, and nobody wants one. This is likely the reason why Microsoft accepted to include Banjo in Smash: to give themselves exposure in the Japanese market.

BANJO WAS THE FIRST PART OF THE INVASION BROTHER.

Attached: MWO.png (1246x718, 1.99M)

>go to futaba channel
>one of the top threads on the games boards is a pic of the 360 and the OP reads "idolmaster machine"
Feels like their version of the nogaems meme.

>an actual cute imp crossover
nice

Buying WPS.

he looks dead inside

the japanese salaryman meme is not a meme I guess

It's called makeup

>went from irrelevant autist who plays in Melee tournaments to having his own character and music featured in Smash in just five years

What's stopping you from doing the same, anons?

Based.

Attached: Imp Bayonnaise.png (960x912, 308K)

>Sakurai wanted to include Banjo&Kazooie in Melee but couldn't because of the buyout
>Now he has to shill for a company that stole them away
I wonder if Miyamoto is seething that people can now beat up Mario as Banjo&Kazooie

He's probably laughing at the fact that Nintendo can have Xbox characters on his platform, but not the opposite.

Does this mean Banjo Kazooie will never be on the Switch though? I am guessing it does. Oh well.

What did he do? I don't play Smash and I turned off the Direct when it ended.

He was just being a hilarious autist the entire time. He plays with two controllers at once and talked about how it's harder on pro controller than it was on GC controller. He also said "sad souls" like 6 different times in the presentation it was bizarre. He also directly shilled Xbox telling everyone to play banjo on it

What the fuck was with that "sad souls" shit? I never played Banjo so I just assumed it was a reference I wasn't getting but the more it happened the more it started to feel like Sakurai was losing it from the prospect of having to make even more DLC after the fighters pass

To show dominance

Right? I wasn't expecting sakurai to be such a demented autist, it's kind of awesome.

Half a joke and half the characters of banjo get fucked in bad endings and people die.

>Bottles the mole actually dies in Banjo-Tooie
>Gruntilda, according to her sister is a REALLY disgusting person, in more ways than one.

Thats what Sakurai meant with sad souls.

sakurai pls

Some user in the sticky kept spamming a theory that Sakurai was hinting at a Dark Souls character being next

Little Mac

>idolmaster machine
There's really no other reason to even have an Xbox in Japan. Everything is already on another platform or it's shooters that nips don't care for anyways.

Personally, I am just more amazed that MS doesn't capitalize on all this free advertisement and do something with the Banjo brand. Like, holy shit, what the fuck are you doing, MS?

Nothing, he's probably praying for Phil Spencer to hire him before Nintendo works him to death.

He's pretty much confirmed to be the last character in this DLC pack, due to all the demand from fans. What would you guys like to see in the next one?

Attached: 1565789660298.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Everyone laughed.

There's nintendo characters on Minecraft, a Microsoft owned property

Undertale got represented in Smash before Minecraft

Get dunked on Stevefags.

Attached: 06f.jpg (185x177, 8K)

I'm waiting for the next reveal and it's not a full outfit, just a block steve head. You know stevefags wont accept that

>Sakurai will never drive you home after your awkward date together

Attached: file.png (588x503, 70K)

Sakurai seems legitimately unironically autistic. His mannerisms and the way he talks give it away.

Joking about the dark deepest lore of Banjo

little mac at least has some good match ups and tools like the super armor.

Attached: memes into miracles.png (1276x517, 199K)

doesnt he have carpal tunnel syndrome?

>Sakurai drives his own car
>He doesn't have a private chauffeur

what the fuck, how much does nintendo pay this man? it seems its not enough...

Sakurai playing two 14-button controllers at once while people on Yea Forums are like

>uhh I can't play Kid icarus it's too complex

God bless this man.

If you watch the japanese video, you can tell they're making fun of microsoft and saying xbox in a real condescending way. Probably because xbox one has sold less than 500 consoles in japan this entire generation and is considered a joke there.

>youtube.com/watch?v=D-1suPyyQ60&t=156

>NO

hes clearly sandbagging here.

Do you not do this?

He called it a "batmobile" so sakurai probably has a lambo or some similar kind of supercar. If you had a car like that, why wouldn't you drive it yourself?

Shitting on children that only play Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles instead of branching out.

All the irrelevant and retweet shitposting that's been going on just exposes Smashfags as Nintendo purists who don't actually love video games the way their "lord and savior" does.

God japs are ugly. Sakurai must be considered model tier in japan compared to everyone else.

you just throw him off stage
thats it

I thought roads in japan were tiny and ill suited to cars like that.

>game director actually played video games
Sounds BASED in my book

nah he looked pretty happy in this presentation. he did looked tired though.

>Just autistic enough for it to be endearing
>Likes joking and seems to be having fun most of the time
>Understandably still overwhelmed with the game
>That weird howl he did
>Fairly feminine face/features besides the jaw
I'd unironically date him

melee kirby is even worse user.

When you're rich you don't really care because you can just buy another one.

He just wants a goddamn friend.

Smash is his friend, forever.

I main Marth since melee and have never been in the same room with a fire emblem game

I've always wondered if devs are supposed to be good at their own games. I wonder if Sakurai could go toe to toe with a regular tourney winner.

He might playtest here and there. But i dont think he could outplay a tourneyfag.

in Japan owning your own car and a home with a parking space for it is the ultimate luxury

No lie, on that "seems like the finish line gets ever farther" line he did look tired, not just physically tired, "just let me go" tired. That said, he also looked excited talking about the future of ultimate, saying that even if the series moves forward without him he wants to have being the one who brought so many game series together like no one has ever had or ever will

nobody deserves to have a throw interrupted, Ill give you that

Attached: fanfiction.png (603x164, 18K)

I wonder how good Toby actually is and who does he main

He has no endgame. The dude just genuinely loves playing video games and wants to make a tribute to them. He's like the Hideo Kojima of video games.

Attached: 1546454416350.gif (490x361, 445K)

cute cute CUTE

god I fuckin hate smash
fuckin low iq cancer

literally the worst country in the world

Attached: sd.png (602x339, 332K)

>hideo kojima of video games
BAHAHAH

cope

He wants to go even further beyond. Someday he'll have a rematch with Toby and settle the score.

Setting himself up to job to Toby.

>Entire recording staff erupt with laughter.

Poor XBox getting exposed as a joke in Nipland

>doesnt work for Nintendo
>"go buy it on Xbox haha"
damn, they really got away with it

I would.
fug I love japan