How are you holding up Jak bros?

How are you holding up Jak bros?

Attached: WoJAK.png (500x459, 195K)

Reminder that Jak can't work in the modern era. The game have a certain charm unique to the mid 2000s.
Leave it be. The trilogy is enough.

this, I don't want jak raped by nu-ty dog

ive beein feeling this way since 2 was such a bad direction for the series. 1 will never get the followup it deserves

Thats about the most retarded thing I have read this morning.

>Jak can't work in the modern era
>Crash remakes
>Spyro remakes
>DaH remake
>Sponge Bob BfBB remake
>Ty remakes

Attached: 1325295198001.jpg (429x410, 26K)

I agree for two reasons
it's that certain early 2000's blend of quirky and edgy that doesn't really work today, if they made a new one it would probably only be one of those
and it's in the wildly incompetent and pretentious hands of modern Naughty Dog

we're cool

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-Strange-Journey-Redux.png (1619x997, 1.93M)

if jak got remade without QoL like strafing, it would be glaring how bad they are. the second and third game play like shit, take the rose tinted glasses off and pop it back in

I do almost once a year and the only one I have problems with is Jak 2

The crude yet dark humor from Jak road off from a specific time. The ones you listed did not. Edgy is not cool in 2019

fpbp

Was it ever absolutely confirmed that he was THE Mar or just another guy named Mar?

Every girl would be flat as fuck and in hajibs

Playing jak 2 for the first time was one of the coolest experiences ever.
I know people bitch about how they turned up the edge but going from a comfy cartoon platformer to being thrown into some dystopian future was pretty wild.
I think because of the first game I actually felt like I was stuck in this strange new place trying to find a safe way to get by.
It was strangley comfy and wouldn't have felt the same if Jak 2 was the first one.
I wish more games did crazy tone shifts.

Jak is a decedent of the House of Mar, and was named after THE Mar

This. Being a shitty GTA knockoff in a world where every game is an open world game would just make it look massively dated. Only the original holds up as it's a type of game that they don't really make anymore.

Childhood is thinking Jak 3 is best because of it's cool weapons and vehicles

Adulthood is thinking Jak and Daxter is best because of it's soulful platforming and environments

Nobody thinks Jak II is best.

it came close

Attached: file.png (288x386, 170K)

They were so busy making Unsharted they payed someone else to do it for them

Attached: MV5BZDk3Yzc0M2ItZjNhNC00NzhhLTkwZGItZWFhODczYjRhZTdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ5OTgzMDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 18K)

If a Jak 4 came out like 2 and 3, the mainstream audience would make fun of the game, call it cringe and so on. It was the perfect game for male teens in the timezone they came out though. Naughtydog is all about analyzing trends and riding on them.

>Remember being excited as fuck seeing a leaked early scene believing Jak was Bak.
>My face when it was a PSP/PS2 game and realized the Technological Implication that carried
>My face when that tacked on Dogfighting shit which was the highlight of it's first trailer.
>My face when Dark Daxter

Attached: 36fd9f020540_VA GENUINELY ANGERED.png (1198x670, 690K)

>Jak is asexual
>Keira is lesbo
>Daxter is gay

Nothing else on that list is anywhere near as edgy or crude

Imagine what changes would be made to a remake of this.

Attached: z_keira_ashelin_and_tess.jpg (720x600, 80K)

naughty dog mentioned that there to proud to go back to jak at one point. there clearly large groundswell for more of it. but the current staff there wouldn't give it the love it needs.
right now there focused on last of us 2.