Will Final Fantasy ever be good again?

Will Final Fantasy ever be good again?

Attached: NNstJuY.png (3840x2160, 2.15M)

No, it's dead forever look at the insane drop from FF12 which was considered a mediocre FF game, to FF13
> FF1 (83)
> FF2 (64)
> FF3 (85)
> FF4 (85)
> FF5 (79)
> FF6 (97)
> FF7 (97)
> Tactics (89)
> FF8 (90)
> FF9 (94)
> V.Story (92)
> FF10 (94)
> FF12 (92)
> FF13 (83)
> FF13-2 (79)
> FF13-3 (66)
> FFXIV 1.0 (49)
> FFXIV (91)
> FF15 (81)

XV is the best FF and only good FF since FF7.

Not as long as they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with each entry.

based

like every other AAA game nowadays, it was a flawed game on release but became great as time went on and it got updates

There's no incentive for them to make a good one.

Attached: ron paul why didn't you stop it.jpg (884x666, 84K)

>insane drop
>most recent games are at 81 & 91
???

false and using inflated scores from dead magazines with low review count that doesnt include any of the lower scores from other dead magazines literally doesnt count

most recent reviews for 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 15 put them all in the 83-84-85 range

Attached: FFMC4.jpg (5018x4247, 3.77M)

modern games journalist are literal faggots though

FF15 is total trash and I'm still mad that good reviews tricked me into buying it. The combat is so awful, holy shit.

No

XIV is at a new peak of popularity and is acknowledged as probably the best FF game since the golden age. Wake up, numbskull.

The older games would have a higher score if you translated them to modern scores. back then, 85 was a damn good game and average games still got 5's and 6's

yeah but it's a fucking MMO which are inherently dogshit and not videogames

Cope zoomer

Bigot.

I fucking love Lightning

Attached: IMG_20190901_011600.jpg (504x608, 92K)

FF is >"Fine"
The only issue they have is the turnaround on getting the next one out ever since they finished XI. We really should be on FF XXVIII or something. They honestly should do what they did in the old days from 1-9 and reuse assets like game engines.
The formula should be: Make new engine for new generation, next entry should use that engine but do something completely different, then the third should combine the best of the two.

A friend of mine wrote out a whole presentation on how he thinks that final fantasy XVI will be the greatest FF game, and how immediately after they'll shit themselves with some terrible "project" that will be the straw that finally breaks FF's back.

It was a pretty convincing case. Let me message him and see if he'll try and summarize it for me. Or just post it here.

XII has got the best logo, followed by IX and then XI

gabranth's armor is my favorite design in the entire series

^This
XVI will end up being the greatest RPG ever conceived by tiny little Japanese hands. It'll be 90,000 hours long, will contain old-school airships, a dynamic class system, will make every player's penis two inches longer, and comes with a genetically manufactured living lovedoll of YOUR WAIFU... It will be spectacular.

And then they'll do we gay shit like "FF: Project Latinus reduximus XD" that's so bad it puts square in the grave.

Makes sense, since Square can't fucking help but reinvent the wheel every fucking game. It's sensible that after making a great game, they'd reinvent it in the dumbest way possible.