This game is trash lmfao

This game is trash lmfao.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamcastify.unreliable.network/
moddb.com/mods/sadx-dreamcast-conversion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>This game is trash lmfao.

Attached: 1563896978651.png (430x441, 102K)

It is. I recommend playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate instead

The "Director's Cut" is trash compared to the original.

If they removed Big the Cat it would go from a 4/10 to a 6/10

How? it had a bunch of bonuses and had better graphics.

youre not wrong, but Red Mountain is a great level

>Better graphics
The lighting is shit in Director's Cut

Attached: 2aeb68ccf76e0420f62da2247cc65c4f81b9540e_hq[1].gif (400x254, 1.89M)

Correct. The original was perfect already, DX ruined it.

>better graphics
Nope
dreamcastify.unreliable.network/

It's based on the absurdly bugged out & wonky Japanese Dreamcast release of the game. The western version (buggy & wonky as they may be) were faaaaaar better playing than that one. So when Sega Japan decided to port Adventure, of course they chose the worst version to port. Because Sega. Making baffling decisions is in their blood.

Yeah it sure is but you're like 20 years late to the party

Looks better though, in the original it looked like sonic's brain was trying to escape his head when he talked. The lighting smooths out the textures.

Go home Arin

What is the steam version of this game based off of?

the game is funny, the broken animations with shit voice-lines makes it a perfect 10/10

You're right, here's the superior game.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 54K)

The Gamecube version

Does it have the game gear games like the GCN one does?

somehow managed to be even worse

holy fuck this is the most effort I've seen spent on remake comparisons

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

No.

I know, it's great.

>eggman/tails levels are trash
>rouge levels trash
>knuckles levels saved by pure aesthetic
>sonic/shadow levels good
50% of the game is garbo

I boot this game up after work and play through speed highway like 6 times

>retard hasn't modded his copy to fix the problems and enhance it

Attached: absolut.png (1280x800, 647K)

Bonuses yes, better graphics no. Also I should tell you that the steam version is a port from the xbox 360 version which is a port from the pc 2004 version, so the actual end result for this section probably looks even shittier.

Attached: Final Egg Elevator Dreamcast vs Gamecube vs PC 04.png (2048x774, 2.71M)

Fortunately equal effort has been put into making SADX look and play like the original through mods, and the end result is the definitive version of Sonic Adventure 1, you can even mod the Dreamcast models back.

Every modern port of the game is descended from the Gamecube version, which was based on the Japanese release as opposed to the (mostly) patched up US/EU release. Until Sega or modders fix their shit, playing the US/EU Dreamcast version is pretty much the way to go.

It's a port of the 360 version that's a port of the original pc version that's a port of the gamecube version that's a port of the dreamcast version

Attached: 26611e364b3c0f44c0e5f792e6ad75a7.jpg (662x712, 64K)

The versions of DX being sold right now have the worst version of this game, in its worst state, because Sega absolutely despises Sonic apparently.

If you got the PC version of this, go download the SADX modloader packaged with Better SADX, install SADX: Fixed Edition, Dreamcast Conversion, Lantern engine, DC models, and patch the game for widescreen. The mod loader automatically updates all installed mods to their latest versions when the mod loader is opened.

That'll get you the base experience of the best version of SA1. There are a shit load of great mods for this game developed over the years, and a full suite of tools for content including a level editor.

but me personally, I'm using Main Memory's mod loader for SADX. I THINK that was packaged with Better SADX, but if it wasn't, all I can say is that this loader keeps everything up to date automatically with just a few clicks.

All sonic games are

the "lighting" is actually totally broken and absent in vanilla. It was a totally botched port.

this but ironically

Yep. I really liked it when i was a kid, and even now ill argue it has a certain comfy charm. But objectively, its a steaming crater of a game. I put it down to the speed. You cant have a 3D game where you're meant to move at that speed. MAYBE if they could refine the controls to sort of ''herd'' you towards the center of the path more, but they failed badly there. So many levels the control just gets ripped from you and you get thrown sideways off a track

Adventurebabies are eternal zoomers
Nice try though

Trying to learn the level editor and damn does the camera suck while trying to edit.

any mods to fix steam version?

Sonic even back in the day was inferior to other platformers like Mario and DKC.

You're right, the original is the real version

Yes
moddb.com/mods/sadx-dreamcast-conversion

and not just this one.
Also need to download SADX:FE, Lantern (for Dreamcast lighting effects), and the DC models separately, if you want it to be like the Dreamcast version. The DC Overhaul also has several options for configuring assets and stage layouts between the different regional versions.

But then there are also dozens of other mods and small fixes floating around that add up to making it the definitive version of SA1.

There's a mod to fix the camera system that you have to download separately.

i prefer gross lighting and shiny models to a nasty model all together
the dreamcast has the better texture differences but I just hate looking at sonic like that

>my lord and savior Egoraptor said it was bad so its bad

>a third of the gameplay and knuckles = 50%
well I'm not surprised you have shit tastes if you suck at basic math
>he sucks at emerald hunting and and can't A rank Mad Space
>Implying death chamber/eqq quarters and meteor herd/mad space and wild canyon/dry lagoon don't have similar aesthetics or that rouge's are even better

Attached: mad space.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

The installer has all of those as easy options to set up

Then get the mods that restore the lighting and other parts but don't replace the character models

I've been playing this game recently and it's such a shame. It gets so close to not just being good, but genuinely excellent. I play a speed stage and I'm shown that this is what Sonic is supposed to be. They're tight, fast, and a ton of fun.
Then I have to sit through a fucking mech level.
And THEN I have to sit through treasure hunt levels.
Fuck.
It's Sonic Unleashed, but with WAY better "Day stages" in the speed levels and slightly worse "night stages" in the mech/treasure levels.

Attached: 1534017646619.jpg (560x720, 55K)

Great job wasting your life for some pointless shit that won't last in 10 years. 100% a game with terrible design and not having fun = autism.

I like Unleash's day stages more than SA2 Sonic/Shadow stages. I'd probably like SA2 somewhat more if they didn't gut the controls and physics compared to SA1 though

I'd like SA2 remastered but at least with stages as big as Unleashed if they bring back the boost.

I thought it held a good balance. Unleashed has a great sense of speed that you have to keep up. It's not braindead like the later boost games, but it's definitely kind of just "given" to you.
In SA2, like the classic 2D sonic games, you have to earn that shit. You go fast by being good and I really like that.

Not him but you could argue playing any video game is pointless, won’t last in 10 years, and autistic.

but I A-ranked sa2 over 10 years ago
and I had fun because I like the game

SA is 20 years old.

Attached: 1505353118243.jpg (640x640, 31K)

Sonic the Hedgehog is 46 years old.

Literally worse in every way.

Both are good.

You're not wrong desu

21 actually.

/Thread

His spikes look weird