So we're all going to pretend now that this game is good huh

So we're all going to pretend now that this game is good huh

Attached: deadly.jpg (500x709, 113K)

>muh reviews!

>pretend

Did you miss all those threads years ago user?

Attached: Deadly Premonition.jpg (605x702, 189K)

what reviews? what about the atrocious gameplay and muh twin peaks crap

People have been doing that already for years.

>now

Zach, I think OP might be a faggot.

Attached: y.png (320x320, 139K)

The same faggots praising this game were the ones laughing at gears of war today for getting a mid 80s meta

So you're saying you made this thread purely out of butthurt?

It's my favorite game, deal with it.

So you're just gonna pretend you've been here longer than a year or two, huh?

It's fucking amazing. It's a total Twin Peaks rip-off at first but then becomes its own absolutely beautiful thing.

No one pretends that it's flawless. It's a mess, but a I still love it.

Attached: Deadly Premonition Fishing.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

The issue isn't that people suddenly like it, cuz they always have, the issue is how suddenly everyone wants to talk about it and pretend they're super interested in it when threads about Dp previously would go to page 10 within minutes

Nintendo bonus strikes again!

Attached: 90s kid.png (1292x1022, 898K)

There's a reason it's regarded as a cult classic.

It's always been classic japjank on the level of Godhand and Killer 7

Console wars is such a shit show.
People make their minds out of brand loyalty and go through so many mental gymnastics to do so.
I think most Nintendo games are still stuck in the 90s, any new concept is seen as innovative while it has either been around the loop for so long in other games (botw to mostly dragons dogma) or it's so gimmicky that as fast as it came it's out again since it wasn't actually any good in the long run and just a dad (motion controls on the Wii and the screen on the wiiU).
Outside of that, I didn't manage to get into Deadly Premonition much but it was always seen as a gem, and a game with strong positives and negatives, being up to the player to see what outweighs what. It's a love it or hate it game.

Because a sequel got announced and people have a reason to talk about it again.

ya'll pretended it was good years ago newfag. its a cult hit gtfo

Deadly Premonition makes Godhand and Killer 7 look as polished as a Nintendo game.

KB+M, gamepad. It's all broken on PC

Attached: 1561869645046.png (500x392, 141K)

Oh the game's terrible, it's not good on any level. But I love it with all my heart.

What's the ideal way to play DP, original 360 version, PS3 or the new Switch port?

>Pretend
>Now
Fuck off

I love how the back of the case of Director's Cut says "the most critically polarizing game of recent times."

>pretend
I won't lie that it is a clusterfuck in game design but my enjoyment from it is not fake.

The only similarities between BotW and Dragon's Dogma are they're open world and are sort of medieval.

I love it. It's comfy in the ways I didn't think was possible. Kinda weird that this sequel announcement is the first switch exclusive I'm legit hyped for. Throw in a mainline Ace Attorney game and maybe I'll finally buy it.

Attached: 247660_screenshots_20160814230508_1.jpg (1920x1080, 530K)

I love my Asiajank as much as my Eurojank

It is good.

Attached: mirror working.png (1282x740, 892K)

If you take it as a story game it's probably one of the best games in years.
If you take it as a TPS survival horror it sucks.
It's janky, but very enjoyable when you get around it's quirks.

I couldn't give half a shit whether you liked it, or whether you think it's "technically good." I liked it, and I felt like it was made with sincerity, so I think it's good. You can lick my hole.

The switch port is not very good, the sound can totally cut on some cutscenes.
And god, the framerate and popping while on the car is just abysmal.

Because of the trailer, I decided to try installing the game again on Steam after never having been able to get it working at all in the years prior.
But now it's fucking working perfectly. I haven't even applied any "fixes", I just ran the launcher and it is as clear as a crisp spring morning. Solid 60+ FPS everywhere, M+KB controls are smooth, hasn't crashed once after several hours of play. This is a sign, Zach.

Attached: tomatoes.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

No one pretends the game is good, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth playing. The game is very unique and oozing with charm, and the story and characters are memorable. It's a beloved cult classic for the same reason all Swery's games are enjoyed: they're well-intentioned messes that are created with nothing if not the purest of creative passion.

get a load of this retard