>villain kills his own men for no good reason

is there any worse villain trope?

Attached: Kadir.jpg (599x337, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHj9B1zCojA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Exposing evil plan to captured hero before letting a grunt kill him while he walks away.

The guy that goes to stupidly long lengths to ruin someone for life in revenge for something petty.

I hate this one

Are there any games where the villain actually cares about the wellbeing of the people under his command? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Hotline Miami 2 when The Son is totally cool with The Henchman wanting to call it quits from the russian mob and wishes him well. I mean, it doesn't end up working out for him, but it's the thought that counts.

>villain dies in cutscene

i'm looking at you jul m'dama

>villain's men capture you, tie you up, villain has you at gunpoint
>lets you go, just because

Attached: 13813312294752.png (1000x600, 55K)

>Extremely dangerous monster grabs you, roars in your face and throws you away

I don't know who popularized this, but I hate them so god damned much

>Mention time sensitivity
>Don't worry we've got plenty of time for long dialogues where theoretically everyone is just standing around.

Attached: 1567397353325.jpg (1050x800, 125K)

>protagonist has been causing lots of trouble but eventually gets captured
>isn't immediately executed or properly secured whatsoever
>bonus points for protag escaping and then getting caught again, only to escape a second time

Attached: +_f4bf4e672ecf443a14a2dfe89ce3f7d9.jpg (1000x561, 150K)

Far Cry 3

>point gun at protagonist
>dont pull the trigger

>Villain is 100% correct and the hero keeps fucking with his shit for no reason

Attached: 58JdUff.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>villain may be correct but his methods are horrible
>fans scream that they can't join him despite him being fucking evil, even if he's correct

Attached: 1378152346783.gif (473x325, 1.37M)

>Someone with access to incredibly lethal weapons/attacks just just hurling their opponent around

Just fucking stab him goddamn it

He takes all his grunts out on company picnics.

Attached: 250px-Thugs_4-Less_Leader.png (250x237, 56K)

>game with romance/dating options
>can't romance villainess

Attached: 52110269821061.jpg (500x281, 31K)

>slaughter villain's henchmen by the hundreds
>don't kill the villain because that would make you just as bad as him

Attached: 1550848320217.jpg (349x308, 19K)

Far cry 5 was so bad for this. Let you get caught and escape literally some 6-7 times

>Heroes recognize that the constant bloodshed they've caused in their quest to stop the villain has changed them in such a way that they no longer feel comfortable in the peaceful world they've sought

>>villain's men capture you, tie you up
>then untie you for no reason letting you escape

Attached: 1497142788946.png (1045x382, 559K)

Only Jacob made any sense since he was trying succeeded in turning you into a sleeper agent

BAJORAN

Everything plot related in this game was so incredibly lackluster and boring it's boggling my mind. Nothing but cliche-ridden shit.

Uncharted games, all of them

Dude's literally just on a quest to save his dying planet.

Attached: Dhaos.jpg (409x582, 43K)

Oldboy was pretty alright

SNAKE EATER!

Pagan Min? It's not like other options are better, just let us pick the bad choice that we like.

On the flip side of things, here's a trope I love.

>"I am the villain and I am explaining my entire plan to you!"
>"I am the hero and I will stop you! Telling me all of this will just make it easier to stop you."
>"Oh? And how will you do that, hero? Sure will be difficult when my plan was already executed thirty minutes ago. You'll never stop it because it's already succeeded!"

It could have been much, much worse.

Attached: Retribution_Lucien.jpg (960x540, 62K)

>hero goes on a quest to obtain the legendary time travel artifact
Nothing personnel

Would rather do evil things for a good end than good things for nothing.

>Final fight takes place on a piece of a space station as it falls into the atmosphere

Attached: 1523590203771.png (650x550, 540K)

>youre not stopping our plan, youre expanding it! Checked the internet lately?

>right hand of the villain changed sides without anyone noticing
>the plan was never actually executed
>saves the hero in the last moment

>You're not the villain, but you're the problem
>"The fourth owner was a simple, honest man who wanted to aid his sickly daughter. He gave all to this cause - including his very existence and that of all else in the world."

Attached: nier endless swearing.jpg (889x899, 131K)

>Villain is 100% correct
>writers make him do some cartoonishly evil out of character shit just so they can justify the hero stopping him

>trope

I really wish Tumblr would stay on Tumblr.

who are you quoting?

>The villain is afraid of you

Attached: the nameless one.jpg (925x1280, 317K)

He killed them because they failed to restrain Crane. Crane was able to land a punch on him due to their incompetence.

>villain is ok as it is, his actions make him already irredeemable
>new writer tries to make him look more evil by inserting negative views of a modern subject

>The villain kills himself halfway through the game since he's too much of a coward to face the realities of what he's unleashed on the world.

Attached: tumblr_nlob9woac81riwqt7o1_1280.jpg (900x423, 107K)

Having these cartoon villain moments is the shit writers way to flesh out the antagonistic relationship with the bad guy. They simply can not put enough exposure in forms other than: "Face to face with the villain, totally overpowered and close to being killed but he leaves and thinks of some bullshit trap that is supposed to kill you while he walks away."

The "If you kill him you'll be just like him" trope is just a cheap recycle so they don't have to write and introduce a new character in potential sequels.

Only kind of related, but I hate what The Old Republic did to Kreia.

>character is established to be a regular human with no superpowers or high resilience
>gets thrown against a concrete wall, cracking it
>he shrugs it off like it's nothing

What were they trying to do? The world was some extreme form of democracy(voting on what the weather should be) and they tried to replace it with a computer program?

The best villains are the ones that don't see themselves as the villain. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're sympathetic; it just means that the villain can justify their actions to themselves.

Attached: Alvis_(Super_Tactics_Book).png (1115x1666, 2.43M)

so what were each one of them supposed to have, I thought the old guy was the leader but I guess I was wrong.

I loved blonde lady wanted to fuck MC

"You're the only one who can save us! The fate of humanity is in your hands!"
>have to buy your weapons and ammo from a shop

I counted it on my second playthrough
>3 times with John
>5 times with Jacob
>4 times with Faith
>Once with Joseph
I also counted how many times your character (canonically) blacks out or passes out or whatever. Including all the above, your character fades to black somewhere around 25 times.
Rook doesn't speak in New Dawn because they have severe brain damage.

That part was so awful. Anyone with a brain saw what was happening the first time he sends you into that psycho dream state. So the last time he does it, I intentionally wasted all my ammo before the final door. Too bad the game forces you to kill the guy anyway or it won't let you proceed.

Attached: Top-10-DC-Comics-October-2015-DC-You-9-Sinestro-16.jpg (900x1366, 402K)

>viilain captures you
>straight up beheads you on national television

I get you all larp as nazis nowadays but that part of new collosus was pretty cool

Far Cry 4 was better

did she? I think she was just mocking the character in a bitchy way

>One of your team members was an traitor the whole time.
Okay, so you killed hundreds of your own men, along with passing up the chance to kill me or any other party member at any time, just so you could pull a twist out of your ass and die a level or two later?

Attached: 1417899643598.jpg (585x350, 14K)

>hero gets beheaded
>from that point on the game is much more optimistic and upbeat

TNC sure is fuckin' weird.

In logs she was really jealous, but wanted to hate fuck in the same time

When game of thrones still was good

>Game is black & white in terms of who the hero is
>The good guys are saving humanity
>Meanwhile the bad guys are genocidal maniacs
>Play 1/2 of the game as the good guys
>Switch to playing as the bad guys
>Suddenly understand everything
>Enjoy playing the rest of the game going against everything you believed in during the 1/2st half.

Attached: 1567564123076.jpg (1125x901, 92K)

>villain explains his master plan while torturing protagonist
>gives away location for crucial mission item
>little did he know, every single person in that room was double-triple crossing him and eachother
Worst trope turned into best trope by simply turning it up to eleven

Attached: 1526009184622.jpg (258x314, 11K)

>Give away weapons for free, world ends, oh well
>Sell weapons, world ends, oh well

>Give away weapons, world is saved, you're out a bunch of money
>Sell weapons, world is saved, you can afford rent and food

I think you mistake greed for loyalty, user.

>Villain continually one-sided lectures the protag about not being in control and some bullshit about authority

Fuck me, Rais was easily the worst thing about that game, and the MC himself was already fucking bad.

Don't tell no-one but the backstory of Ori and Blind Forest's villain made me tear up.

>Oldboy
>Petty
His sister offed herself, that's hardly petty

I think he shot them because they let crane punch him. He was pissed and saw them as expendable.

You can join Pagan Min, just do as you are told at the beginning: wait.

>What begins with a humble, simple man following noble ideas ends with him becoming a monster because of the actions he must take along with a shifting zeitgeist

Attached: 1527151998782.gif (226x211, 539K)

>villain get his ass whooped by the protag every time they meet throughout the game
>still thinks he's better than the protag

Dying Light should have been more like Dead Rising in terms of story. DL's story is so fucking bad, which wouldn't be too much of a bother but the game constantly pushes it in your face. DR's story is "okay" and really only serves as a purpose for you to be in a mall during a zombie apocalypse and also unable to escape said mall. But they give you story missions with big chunks of free time to do whatever between them, and story missions are pretty short. (Unless you fuck up your timing and you are all the way on the other side of the mall when some cases activate with short time limits)

Attached: 1546977418045.png (1210x1198, 285K)

>if you wait he gives you a hot meal and a free helicopter ride back home.
>betray him to hang out with smelly rebel losers

Attached: 1564553190962.png (388x400, 258K)

In a minor defense of the game, not only does Joseph not want you killed, going as far as instructing people to not kill you, but he also has claims of premonition so you could argue that he has the foresight to know that what is being done to you through the game all suits his end goals.

Maybe it's my autism but I never understood why people would choose to follow and obey villains and the like. Why does no one think"oh shit this guy isn't really trustworthy and might kill me too I'd better nip it in the bud and kill him first?
And really it's not just in vidya I have this autism. Take fucking Stalin(or any other mass murdering dictator) for example, No one thought to off this guy after all the shit he did? I know I would never follow or obey someone that would murder his own countrymen/companions/kin.

Attached: 1566537624844.jpg (1200x1182, 170K)

>"Hey my mom died can I go spread her ashes on this mountain?"
>"Sure hold up a sec, gotta take care of something. Have some rangoon while you wait."
>Waits
>"Alright buddy let's go spread your mom's ashes. Hope you had a nice time here!"
Why is Pagan Min the villain when the "heroes" want to do the exact same thing he does? They're just jealous they aren't on the throne.

>villains strategy proved to fail on multiple ocasions
>still sticks with it instead of adapting like a reasonable human

It's called greed and power hungry. Or fear and be on the strong side.

That's not how the thought process usually goes. It's two ways:
>"oh shit this guy isn't really trustworthy and might kill me too - i should do whatever he says so he might spare me and my family"
>"oh shit this guy isn't really trustworthy and might kill me too - i should do whatever he says so i can get in on this action and enact my power fantasies"

>Villain loses over and over while saying its all going according to plan.

That was a bonding exercise.

>villain loses over and over while saying its all going according to plan
>it isnt

Attached: F959FC36-325C-405D-BC36-8F9A7BC638C4.png (683x428, 358K)

game?

Is there a game like that? Just imagine: mid game is a lvl 50 boss agains the "good" guys; he was a friend of the true good guys that powered up in a sacrificial way for the true good, but died anyway.

Scorpius began torturing him before he was aware of what John knew because he saw him as a non-Sebacean posing as a Sebacean and thus assumed he was a spy at their top secret Gammak base and then shoots the PK Tech Girl so he starts off on the wrong foot, this being after Crichton is already chased around by another Peacekeeper Officer for a year while on a ship with former Peacekeeper prisoners that shape his worldviews of the part of space he winds up in. John also later shows off the horror of a wormhole weapon and reasonably doesn't want Scorpius or the PK to have it
that being said Scorpius is 100% right about the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers are very obviously the better choice

>One of your team members was an traitor the whole time.
>This isn't actually the big twist.
>The real big twist is that the entire rest of the team knew the whole time and were counter-rusing him.

Oh and you start with true good guys all lvl 50 already and cooler new jobs.

Shining Force III does this, but it's one of those "there was a third super evil faction manipulating everything" and the third part has the two sides team up against the greater evil.

no the actual big twist was Igor being the traitor the whole time

>i should do whatever he says so he might spare me and my family
But If you kill him right there he wouldn't be able to do shit being dead and all.

Any RTS with 2 opposing campaigns
>Starcraft
>Command & Conquer series
>Warcraft?

This is a good example:
youtube.com/watch?v=HHj9B1zCojA

If Stephen Fry hadn't been the voice of Reaver, I probably would have hated that character a lot more.

TOR shit on all the KOTOR characters from 1 and 2. The shitting on of 2 I can understand as spite or jealousy, but what they did to characters like Revan that Bioware made itself doesn't make any sense, unless the new blood at the company just hate the old blood that much.

>the big bad villain only exists so retards who want "MUH GOOD AND EBIL" can have their generic ending

Attached: 10289390123123.jpg (926x1500, 284K)

My guess is that was the point.

but what about all the other people who blindly followed them?

what weapon is this a quote from?

You just don't get it Scott

Yeah weird

It's almost like most of the shit about Stalin is propaganda shoveled down the throats of gullible idiots who will believe anything you tell them as long as you pretend to be their daddy

>You have to team up with the antagonist to take down the main villain
>You get to play as him too

Attached: 1367098783283.gif (432x432, 339K)

well hes not
he never directly fights you and lets you live while trying to escape in a chopper
you dont even have to shoot it down

>Villain just wants to mindbreak and impregnate his niece
>Probably also counts as father/daughter incest since he's also a clone just like her father

Based Capcom

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 17K)

If they're in a similar situation as you wouldn't they be glad he's gone?

>It's almost like most of the shit about Stalin is propaganda shoveled down the throats of gullible idiots who will believe anything you tell them as long as you pretend to be their daddy
or people are just genuinely evil and Russians just had less qualms about admitting it

>The war was lost from the beginning, but you still have to fight the villain

Attached: 1458229714655.jpg (724x1103, 117K)

this is the dumbest fucking one and is why books are better than games, in books the villain would just shoot the fucker in the head then things continue from the villain's perspective until someone else steps up while the villain is succeeding

haunting ground is the closest anyone will ever get to a japanese hentai game made by a big name dev

I bet this shit will end just like Devil Man.only watched the netflix one, that's the one I'm talking about

you dont really get it, people who are big villains with a following like that dont get there because everyone is thinking rationally. they get there through propaganda and exploiting the desperation of the people around them.
the followers tend to see them as a bastion of salvation

Nah he was genuinely a an evil dictator like all commies tend to be because of the nature of communism.
Another thing I don't get is why people would defend and shill an ideology that would have them hanged if they ever came to power?

SHUT UP

"Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." Some people are afraid that the next guy will be even worse and retributive toward you, or you might be afraid of any retribution you get if your enemies succeed, or you may simply think the current order, flawed as it is, is still preferable to chaos.

Clock Tower 3's finale came pretty close though that whole game was just fucking weird.

Attached: demento_by_tukumo99_d5os1lz-fullview.jpg (900x637, 42K)

Beastslayer probably

>in books the villain would just shoot the fucker in the head then things continue from the villain's perspective until someone else steps up while the villain is succeeding
name one

Attached: 1355632422321.png (399x428, 246K)

There's no rabbit on the moon, Guts.

Guts?

Cruel Arrogance

"The kind of evil that doesn't realize that it's evil, is the worst kind of evil there is."
- Weather Report (JoJo part 6)

>Villain forcefully romances you

Attached: 42343563.jpg (245x463, 116K)

They have delusions that they, a random nobody, will be at the top and get to join the political class that hordes the power and wealth in the new government.

Whenever I see Guts in a thread I always expect Donovan to come soon after.

Cum soon after

>everyone wants to rape you the game

just rlly nasty dawg u gotta stop

>Attention all IMC personnel - this is Ash. I am sorry to report, due to your inability to contain the security breach, I have been forced to scuttle the entire complex. Some of you may consider this overkill. It is. I suggest you evacuate immediately.

>Protagonist does something really fucking stupid in a cutscene, causing the villain to get away or something

>Villain pretends to be on your side

Pavel can suck the dicks of his red line buddies.

Attached: 061_60.png (1133x1600, 291K)

Hero*

He's just bullshitting, he probably doesn't even read books.

You know he'll stop but only for THREE SILVER COINS.

Not quite the same but Wild Arms 2 and Contact had some serious bait and switch stuff in them.

Emulating Nier and my God, it's so fucking beautiful in 60fps and high resolution.

>Villan only cares about his closest subordinates
>the rest start to notice and start a takeover

Attached: 838A7893-D3D7-46E8-A553-A3F84A51291B.jpg (1280x741, 60K)

>You've won
>The world is devastated
>Your friends are all dead
>There is no reset button
>There is no God to help you
>Credits roll

Attached: 1535105792190.jpg (720x1152, 146K)

Wait, you can emulate PS3 or 360 games now? Hot damn, any issues?

yeah that's what I thought

>I know what you're really after, Snake! The Philosopher's legacy! A computer chip with the location of a treasure worth $100 billion! Well, you'll never get it! It's safely secured in Groznyj Grad, in a safe under my bed, with the combination, 11-63-49, known only to me! And you'd be blown to bits by the hidden claymores before you even got close! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave you in this cell with a single guard nearby.

Dunno about 360, but PS3, it's really been improved. You can even play Demon's Souls at 4k and 60fps, provided you have the CPU for it. Also, Drakengard 3 is playable as well.

About the only issue I had with Nier is when my framerate skyrocketed so the audio was lagging behind, but I think that's easily fixed.

>Smug villain starts to get more and more pissed off and worried as his plan starts falling apart

Attached: 1357699981837.jpg (680x353, 16K)

>Villain tricks you into killing his own men for him

>the one guy in that whole scenario who actually is loyal to Volgin still ends up betraying him accidentally

Attached: 1559148981407.png (1018x804, 589K)

>Villain is obviously fucking evil
>forced to help him
>can even call him out as evil to his face and NOTHING HAPPENS

Attached: 987198712381312.jpg (530x324, 43K)

>watch that shit
>its actual garbage
>ending was so obvious I was sure there would a twist but there wasn't
>animation quality wasn't even good
>pretty dope aesthetic overall tho

Ironically God of war?

>Villain tricks you into killing one of your own men

Attached: Brain problems.jpg (650x500, 90K)

I'M THE JOKAH BABY

>kill several of the villian's henchmen
>foil their evil plan
>destroy a bunch of their assets costing them a fuck ton of money
>Villian,"Hehe, all according to plan..."

Attached: 64472702-CBD3-4431-B2F1-95222D689C39-1884-00000361A1D7DC8A.jpg (124x125, 2K)

>you trick the villain into killing one of your own men

Attached: unit1.jpg (201x199, 12K)

name 16 games that do this bet u wont

no, there is not.

Insane rulers were killed by their subordinates all the time though. The problem with Stalin specifically was that his direct subordinates, the people with direct access to him that could’ve killed, were doing pretty great and weren’t actually in immediate danger. In fact, the power vacuum that would’ve been created (and actually was) created by his death was far more dangerous to them.

that looks cool as fuck. I might watch farscape after all. any guidelines, like stop at season [x] because everything after it sucks and ruins the memory of the good seasons, that sort of thing?

Except the ones he killed and outright erased, sure.

>kill hundreds of morally bankrupt mercenaries that work for a villain that's committed genocides before
>"look at how many people you have killed.... you are just like me hehehe..."
fuck this nigga

Attached: 1556190863043.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>You can talk the main villain out of their master plan, where they then either just fuck off and chill or kill themself

Attached: perfect.png (815x527, 194K)

Season 1 has some typical sci fi growing pains and I think there are some mixed opinions on the two feature length episodes that ended the series but 2-4 are rock solid

New Vegas was KINO as fuck

>>right hand of the villain changed sides without anyone noticing
One of the best tropes.
When the villain is betrayed by his right hand man.

>>If you kill me you'll be the same as me!
>>Okay

Days of Ruin deserved to push Advance Wars into the mainstream like Awakening did for FE, such a good game being what killed the series is a travesty

It will never, ever get old.

Attached: Thirty-five minutes ago.jpg (640x337, 60K)

>antagonist rises from the ashes of one group to become stronger
>antagonist romances a side character's love interest
>destroys one group through love interest
>leaves his own group to do different shit, thus destroying the other group because the love interest is whispering in his ear

Attached: brucce.png (1001x987, 829K)

republicans btfo

Paragon mass effect

I miss Drift City.
The story was stupidly good.
ROO ftw.

That happened in BF3, right?

>villain is nice to his henchmen and they actually like working for him
>its not just a "respect the villain" they genuinely like the guy as a friend and co-worker

any games do this?

no because that sounds cringe. being nice to henchmen makes sense but friend/co-worker vibes with your boss are stupid

>but friend/co-worker vibes with your boss are stupid

why

>games
Nigga movies made this shit a staple

>dialogue choices actually matter
>its not just a "you rolled well on the convincing"
>final line is a gotchya that rocks through the villains core
>they just stare at you for a few seconds and then start crying

Sleeping Dogs

Black Ops 2

>final boss offers you a chance to stand down and let him continue his plan
>you can take this option
>if you do you get an ending where he erects a statue of you and laughs at how stupid you were

>villain intentionally puts down all opposition within his own faction by sending them to fight you

>ending was so obvious I was sure there would a twist but there wasn't
It was obvious that there would be conflict between white hair guy and devilman but didnt think he would be only one to survive.
Still a shitty ending to me, every character and worldbuilding threw out of the window without any real plot. Just god punishing the devil. How did some people like that?

this is actually good, what game?

for me it's when
>The Writer clearly didn't mean for the villain to be as sympathetic as it ended up being and later games continue to portray him as a villain with no redeeming qualities

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

I've never seen a show get worse so consistently as that shitty fucking anime. It is an absolute trainwreck. Not a single narrative thread is taken advantage of. Whoever wrote that tripe could teach Garth Ennis a thing or two about pointless edgelord wankery.

t. Literal alt right incel

>BECAUSE YOU JUST TOLD ME, FOX BOY!

>Just god punishing the devil. How did some people like that?
That's always been the core of the series.

That sure is related to this videogame conversation.

>not even any character justification
>it's literally the only option the game gives you
>no we're not going to explain it lol just go with it
>OH WOW LOOK AT THAT. BAD GUY WAS BAD GUY THE ENTIIIIIIRE TIME! AREN'T YOU SURPRISED!?
>main character is somehow room temp iq level retarded and is completely surprised by the very obvious turn of events
I fucking swear some of these writers haven't written a single thing in their entire lives before writing this kind of hot garbage. It's as if they took the Mitchell and Webb nazi sketch and considered it an actual piece of high literature instead of a comedic bit.

Attached: 1528481495809.jpg (647x480, 33K)

>most of the enemy factions you fight as are a balanced mix of good guys,skill full guys and greedy/evil guys
>so balanced it would make sense for the MC to take part of the other factions
>important characters from each faction are seeing as the heros of their people and do the job well
>but tragedy as it is you have to fight them all

Man sengoku Rance was fucking awesome but...is still sad having so many characters die fighting you on the field instead of talking out problems.

Attached: 1567504725573.png (1024x682, 77K)

>villain who has a competent, well-explained ideology
>good side presents no ideology or poor responses
>villain dumps a crate of puppies into a woodchipper for no reason other than to give himself the moral low ground and justify his eventual fate at the hands of the protagonist
This needs to stop. The formula of "good ideas + big killings = good villain" is fucking obvious and lazy. If the villain is going to have an ideology, then there needs to be responding opposite ideology that interacts with it, instead of just a bunch of violence because he did an edgy thing. When you kill a guy who was talking shit that you kind of agree with in defense of nothing, in defense of a void where ideology should exist, that leaves you with an unsatisfied, empty feeling. Not every game needs to be Bioshock 1, but if you're going to bring up worldviews and ideology, then there should be something deeper than "top 10 ways to improve society and btw I burned an orphanage".

Attached: achewood_the_end_no_moral_smaller.png (400x251, 16K)

NoHo Hank is a lot like this in Barry, but any games that do the same don't really come to mind.

I think it's mainly because so long as you do your job and know your place - your taken care of. Rai's faction had plenty of antizin, food, water, weapons and ammo, etc where as the tower was constantly struggling.

>villain falls in love with MC
>you can redeem and marry her

Rook was such a retard I get they were going for a player self insert but he/she doesn't do jack shit
You didn't even need to figure out what was happening since your deputy buddy spelled it out TO ROOK and all Rook needed to do was have a quick little phone call
>"Hey so where I've been dissapearing to is getting captured and brainwashed to murder you so I'm gonna stay very far away and you should go into hiding."
Of course that didn't occur though Room just straight up let it happen and even when you got Jacob you let him and even John put their hands on Rook and laugh. It infuriated me.
Thank god Jacob didn't think to grab his knife and end it right there since he had his grip on Rook anyway and Rook wasn't doing piss shit about it like a little bitch but fortunately Jacob just monologued about being strong despite getting fucking merked by somebody he claimed was weak which I was dying to have Rook point out but of course he didn't because Ubisoft really wanted to hit the "strong silent" protoganist trope home. They really dropped the ball there.

Same reason the political assassination isn't an option for NK. You're just going to create a power vacuum that'll be immediately taken over by a relative/close confidant/political rival and they'll have all the reasons in the world to be an even worse bastard than the last guy.

>This needs to stop. The formula of "good ideas + big killings = good villain" is fucking obvious and lazy.

it's a cultural problem, way bigger than any medium's trends. western morality has been "deconstructed" and
>don't kill people
is just about the last thing everyone agrees on. it's the only sure-fire way to establish a villain in a mass market product. the villain kills people. his reason for doing so is an afterthought. the protagonist is either a tough guy has-been (wolverine, expendables, nostalgia cash-ins) or a young blank slate with no home, no family, no children, perfectly empty for the viewer to self-insert. women in entertainment are like men with makeup and frequent mentions of their gender. and men are soulless quip robots, agreeably boring, operational on the outside, dead on the inside. and the motivating force behind the hero's journey is to set up the sequel.

our culture is dying and our entertainment is part of this and reflects this.

I thought about writing a story this way. Something like each chapter or section is told by a character that gets killed, but switches to the person that killed them to start the next chapter.

>villian loses his motivation decades ago
>presented as pushover or no longer a direct threat
>facing the hero makes him regain his resolve
>its one of the strongest ones
kino trope

Attached: 2923585-hiroki_awano.png (480x269, 153K)

Name one (1) game.
Bet you can't faggot.

Doesn't he get pissed when he suddenly realizes that you might be allergic to crab and he just gave you crab rangoon? What a bro.

they cut the guys throat then the camera cuts away.

that's literally the point, the two sides of the rebels are one group who want to implement a reactionary theocracy and the other want to create a murderous narco-state.

Stalin was also in the process of preparing for an obvious upcoming war against the Germans.
If they'd lost Moscow the high command and/or NKVD would have taken him out and replaced him.

Azure Striker Gunvolt, although it's mostly in side materials.
In a drama CD the villain says he wants to protect his compatriot/subordinate from ending up as a guinea pig at the hands of other departments in the organization they work for, which repeatedly happened to other characters not under his command. They're both superhuman officers in a nationalistic megacorp, and met when a military unit got wiped out by superhuman terrorists and had to be rescued by the megacorp's private army.

In the second game the villain group is basically, and in one case literally, the adoptive family of the loli orphan villain. Everything she does is to create a utopia for them and other oppressed superhumans, and her strongest skill is creating copies of them to attack. In Japanese its incantation has the line "comrades, family" and her death cry is "brother!"

>villain tries to reason with Hero
>Hero just tells him to fuck off and kills him

Attached: 237456[1].jpg (2560x1565, 656K)

The majority of people follow orders from someone they view as an authority to a disturbing degree. It doesn't matter if the person believes they're causing harm to someone else, or if they're uncomfortable doing it, they simply follow orders. You and most of the people you know probably would, too.

Unfortunately it's hard to conduct modern day experiments thanks to ethics and stuff to see just how far people will really go.

This. People naturally tend to obey what they perceive as an authority.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

And when to comes to criminals they obviously do so for the money.

The Master too from Fallout 1.

>I refuse!

There is always some fool who wants to rule the world.
Always forcing others to do what they cannot do for themselves.
That's why...
I pray to no one!
Nor will I be prayed to!
But... above all else... I will never... forgive you...!
FOR MAKING MY DAUGHTER CRY!

>bad guy intends to steal your lover
>steals your blacksmith instead for some reason

Name the game

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong!

There's nothing wrong with this when its done right. Goldfinger telling Bond his plan makes perfect sense in the context of the movie because he both respects Bond and Bond has no way to escape him. Goldfingers elaborate death ray makes sense too. Its all the other Bond sequels and other movies trying to recreate the magic of those scenes that make no sense because they force it.

Ddda bro.

>lover is a fat old guy you played Johnny Cochran for

This is why Watchmen was based.

Attached: 80B22BF5-5B53-46D7-AF6D-ADD3854D0522.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

Attack on titan

Attached: C62E6A93-0D9D-4B13-9226-1364E878FDBC.jpg (1114x1200, 98K)

>is just about the last thing everyone agrees on
Not for much longer it seems

I fucking hated spiderman homecomming

>One of the best tropes.
cringe

>villain kills his own men for no good reason
You rang?

Attached: Stalin_Full_Image.jpg (555x831, 571K)

Attached: 7215bd108ef977171a8c0d1271e45294.jpg (400x397, 24K)

Modern Warfare 2 sorta-kinda did this with No Russian, and then again when ANGRY GENERAL MAN shoots Ectoplasmboi.

>villain betrays their best friend

Attached: 1567473380828.webm (1280x720, 2.01M)

Attached: glhJMdt.jpg (1000x562, 57K)

>hero feels villain isn't powerful enough
>trains him so he's up to the hero's level

Attached: 1563693279308.png (347x314, 169K)

It's just bad writing. Bad writing has been a part of civilization as long as people hopelessly crying that civilization is collapsing. I just wish it would stop parading around like it's good writing.

The world was already a computer program

>everyone wants to use your womb the game
FTFY

>Game has a war that tries to paint both sides as morally grey.
>Except one side repeatedly stoops to petty cartoon villainy like tying a civilian woman to some railroad tracks, and the other side never does anything remotely questionable.

Attached: shrugging beetleborgs.gif (200x183, 428K)

>Villain brings character he's been dominating all fight close to his face to roar/gloat just so the hero can get a lucky stab at their throat

Madara. They only added the White Zetsu twist because he was absolutely right otherwise.

>entire game is about climbing, hitting and shooting
>boss fight is a QTE in a cutscene with no failure animation

Good fucking lord don't remind me.
Sisko's line at the end nearly made me drop the rest of the series
I should have

The old guy is the leader. Royce is the scientist who built the Process and Asher was Grant's gay lover. Not sure what Sybil did though.

>Madara.
Sorry user, this is Yea Forums not Yea Forums.
And even if it was, Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind, fuck off with that shit.

>game throws a lot of weak enemies at you to make you seem unstoppable

Attached: 1490728596695.png (903x713, 326K)

Dragonball is worse and it gets discussed all the time. As long as Dragonball is allowed, Naruto is allowed. Sorry.

>As long as Dragonball is allowed, Naruto is allowed. Sorry.
Holy fuck, is that unironically what Narutards believe?

Attached: 1539736426858.png (700x483, 262K)

Kingdom Hearts 2's lame fight against 1000 knightcucks.

Yes. Dragonball is garbage so if it's allowed Naruto is allowed. The mods agree which is why Naruto threads don't get deleted. Cry about it.

>villain's plan fails due to some extremely bad luck and would've otherwise worked perfectly fine in any other situation
>they never try it again

>villain kills his own men to gain power and for no reason and blame other person for it

Attached: Без названия.jpg (189x267, 5K)

Madara was a dumb cuck who was trying to hide all the problems behind a illusion. The only good plan for peace in the series was Pains.

>The mods agree
>implying that's a point in your favour

Attached: 1558661557502.jpg (474x474, 21K)

It is. Seethe as Naruto thread after Naruto thread hit bump limit and you can do nothing.

>It is.

Attached: 1551262864660.png (985x927, 167K)

>Greentext
>Smugreactionimagehidingfrustration.jpg

>villain cares deeply for his minions/subjects/family/whatever, constantly giving them second chances, to the point where it's ultimately his downfall
Love this shit

Attached: 1513131976305.png (500x262, 204K)

Does every villain have to be good jesus christ

Oh god. I'm playing it right now. What did they do to her? So far I only got through Dromund Kaas or however it's spelled, and they only sort of mention Revan with the Revanites, which is kinda cool.

That's my favorite book.

>Smugreactionimagehidingfrustration.jpg
>Smugreactionimagedemonstratingamusement.jpg

Attached: 1546075963739.jpg (2050x2899, 1.38M)

Uh-huh.

Attached: the-devils-advocate-5056ff0662960-800x533.jpg (800x533, 39K)

My favorite part was definitely the nuke EMP.

>Multiple people planning to betray the big bad individually.
>Everything goes wrong because they weren't expecting twenty other people to try the same shit.

>no good reason
They were commies, Stalin is based. He removed more commies than all anti-commies combined.

>you persuade villain to eradicate himself from existence and from all possible realities or dimensions
>it actually makes sense
When I had this ending I was amazed. Nothing comes closer.

I don't think it was malice, just incompetence, although honestly that's much worse. Someone in that company honestly thought that what they had written for those characters was good, and enough people agreed or failed to object that it became part of the game.

>give away weapons for free, hero uses them to save the world
>sell weapons, hero can't afford them or wastes time grinding cash to buy them, doesn't save the world in time

>we're not so different, you and i...

Attached: 1488331967511.png (1300x1300, 61K)

>walk up to psycopath killer villian
>tel him to stop fighting because he cant win
>he agrees and gives up
>your companion cucks you

Attached: 1541980744402.png (360x360, 122K)

>missing the point where it wasn't the main guys fault at all

What game? It sounds really similar to Bioshock Infinite but the 'you' throws me off because he's also the protagonist.

Arcanum

>Entire game is about a guy trying to get a revenge on a corrupt politician that ordered main character's family to be executed
>Throughout the game you murder dozens of people working for him no matter if they're guilty of anything or not
>And also hundreds of just normal guards doing their fucking job
>Finally get to the main villain at the end, the guy that main character looked for literally for few decades and killed shitton of people to find
>"Killing you won't bring my family back"
THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU KILL ALL THOSE OTHER PEOPLE?

Attached: 1555591239268.gif (300x300, 611K)

>the villain keeps a recording of himself confessing to all the evil shit he's done

dishonored?

is this Ass Creed 2?

What emulator?

Hero
>kills tons of villains henchmen, destroys bases and equipment
Villain
>ahahaha you getting this far was all part of my plan!

>shop owner gives his stock away
>hero comes back next week wanting more supplies
>shop had to close up due to giving everything away
>hero dies out of ammo and healing supplies

This, I didn't see it coming

You don't switch sides in LoK's soul reaver story until Defiance, but still
youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI

>Support character becomes the main villain with literally no foreshadowing or logic

Attached: file.png (975x776, 794K)

That's the Batman game (and animated movies). He gets punched by enemies and being who shatter concrete and bend steel bars with their bare hands. I get that the batsuit gives some protection but his organs and bones would turn to crunchy paste.

So long as he saved the world in the week who cares

>Villain is Evil McEvilson
>Right as you kill him there's a flashback to his childhood where he hugs a puppy or some shit and now you're supposed to feel bad
Lazy ass writing

Attached: 1408118100311.png (191x265, 72K)

Attached: 1549403364715.jpg (519x3500, 376K)

gamu?

>Keeps MC alive for some dumb plot reason so that he/she can be killed by him later

Someone post the page, you know the one

Attached: 1518796531457.jpg (567x790, 354K)

>villain gives you the choice of red blue or green

Attached: awful plot contrivance.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>Better yet, it doesn't even matter what you do now. Any outcome means you lose and I win, the only difference being how much I win.

Attached: 1379946947452.gif (140x130, 710K)

>Villain flees after you defeat him
>If you 100% the game your "mentor" kills the villain as he tries to flee and steals his power, unlocking the secret final level
>You have to team up with the former villains' henchman to stop him
Bomberkino

Attached: 1565961254844[1].png (697x808, 777K)

It's been a while since I saw it, didn't he tell the guy's secret and spread it?

>villain is a qte fight

Attached: 3225[1].jpg (400x300, 26K)

>Your friends are all dead
Assassin's Creed Black Flag comes to mind

>Wolfenstein NO nazis fix the world
>Ops, better make all their technology based on stolen jew WMD magic

Think why people choose to follow communism

You find out as a Sith Warrior.

Attached: Eredin.png (768x475, 470K)

>But it's old
>but it was the first
God damn people who said debiruman was good need to be hanged
OST was cool, can't shit on that

>Main character returns home in the sequel, explains what happened
>Allies and family are astonished and ask "what the fuck to you mean you didn't kill him!? Didn't you realise he has no reason to forgive you and can send his armies out at any time to destroy you and everyone you hold dear in retaliation?"
>Main character pauses for a moment, then slaps his forehead in frustration
>"You're right, what the hell was I thinking? Guess I'll go do it now, see you later guys"

Huh.

Context?

>side villain is out to kill the protag
>fights him, then disappears
>appears years later to fight him again
>tells him the reason he didnt finish him off was that he wasnt strong enough back then

Attached: 1436575710482.png (170x273, 33K)

It's ntr shit don't bother. Girl brought him a dvd of the guy's gf being a whore in some ploy to steal him away from her.

>this happens
>the villain runs to a friend, near dead
>the friend calls the protag instead of helping the villain
>protag just shoots the villain midsentence
Punisher tv series was really much better than expected

Dying Light gets somewhat of a pass though. Between the writing, the dialogue from Sonic, and the soundtrack, it's obvious that they set out to do a cheesy, generic 80-90s zombie movie kind of atmosphere/story, and they mostly pulled it off. Like that screencap is from the scene where Rais goes off about chaos, gets his hand cut off, and then shouts Crane's name at the top of his lungs with enough ham for a christmas dinner; you're not supposed to take it too seriously. It more boils down to whether you find "it was bad on purpose" to be an excuse.

is there anything that's off limits for these sick fucks. they have to insert their shit into every single medium possible, even children's shows.

This is why you should all just read books instead, where plot and the general story take important precedence instead of gameplay.

you're so dumb holy fuck