Who even cares?

Who even cares?

Attached: Tokyo-Mirage-Sessions-FE-Encore_09-04-19.jpg (600x337, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pfq1yFegQ0s
youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo
youtube.com/watch?v=QXWZZ9v-xDs
youtube.com/watch?v=8A5zwpQ3Ubk
youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U
youtube.com/watch?v=zpa0beb4AUI
youtu.be/RVCW26N3jsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Me

Attached: 319951EF-00DE-41D5-B2E0-3A9595AF6EE7.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

i care
switch port when

Attached: cry.jpg (486x565, 70K)

It IS getting a Switch Port

See the "Encore"

fucking finally

Attached: icanstop.jpg (387x759, 68K)

A spic on /feg/ and that's about it.
Hopefully it won't be censored to hell this time, but that's the extent of what I give a shit about.

They'll probably charge 50 bucks for this

censored crap

Of course it's a full budget game why wouldn't they?

To make it better, some previously unplayable characters will get some kind of gameplay role, although it isn't clear if they're fully playable or just for special attacks. They showed Maiko, Barry, and Tiki.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pfq1yFegQ0s

It's apparently getting translated into other languages besides burgerian and jap. Guess that's the point.

butt blasted nintendo niggers that refuse to play persona games cause is not on their favorite tablet

>game's combat is fun and a good mix of both FE and SMT
>everything else is so fucking off it alienated fans of both SMT and FE and people who weren't interested in either series didn't care about this game
who the fuck was this game even for?

Seems more than that

Attached: 482F8E5F-58F6-4ABB-91CF-F220B1EF181A.jpg (1293x1390, 1.06M)

I would care... If it wasn't still censored (not only that, but all regions will be now).

>censored

Attached: 1560915085591.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

Maybe it’s not even censored? They just recycled footage. W101 did the same thing with the Direct streams

very interested never played it on switch.

With the release of Three Houses this is the perfect time to re-release this piece of shit. Dumb Nintendo niggers are gonna buy this in droves

Maiko and Berry have a new carnage form, Maiko is even in the promotional art, and they appear in the session chain waiting their turn... I think they are full fleshed party members now!

I wonder who will be Barry's and Maiko mirages though.

Me, a SMT fan who had to deal with all kinds of spin-off gameplay. If you think the gameplay, style and presentation is not comparable with how different ANY other spin-off from megaten is, then you are probably retarded or a muh nocturne fag.

I cared because I had enough faith that they'd fix their mistakes if they dared to port it. Now I don't care.

>censored
Not me, still a hard pass.

Have to love they go for the Fire Emblem X ATLUS angle this time. It's to light hearted to be Persona, but it's clear it's not SMT either. I think it's the smart move.

So a literal idolfag like you who still wants to justify a mediocre game?

>Remaking a game that earned the scorn of both FEfags and SMTfags in general.
Who's idea was this and how many dicks they had to suck to aprove it?

Attached: 1567620024231.gif (500x384, 719K)

Why does Kiria look different

this game is actually pretty damn good. Probably one of the best jrgps last generation

Until they confirm uncensored, not me

Probably to promote the new song.

Best persona ever I'm so fucking happy can't wait to enjoy the fuck of it

Attached: n-53344831.png (300x299, 32K)

I’m an FEfag and loved it. Just don’t listen to memes and think for yourself

i will never not seethe
youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo

It's actually good if the idolshit doesn't turn you off.

if the game was basically just another megaten spinoff, why did it sell like dogshit? the game barely broke 30k in Japan, because the majority of SMT and FE fans just didn't want it, the only thing the game did competently was the combat, too bad they cocked up everything else for their idolshit garbage
what's worse, this was apparently supposed to be the first in a series of SMT like crossovers with other franchises, but they cocked it up massively with this one
maybe the rerelease will bump the sales numbers up into "not a complete fucking failure" territory and we might get a good crossover that doesn't give the finger to fans of either franchise

Lee ?

FE3H is pretty much the FE x Persona, due to school system.

I do

Attached: 20190903_003247.jpg (1080x1329, 498K)

Idol fags

it was nice but sadly its still censored
i did enjoy the combat

Why don't you go beg for your Nocturne HD on twitter or some shit?

People expected something, got something else. Neither FEggots or SMTfags are the type to easily change their mind after they settled in some kind of expectation. I simply choose to play what I got, and guess what, it is the same shit as any other megaten spin off. A specific setting, with it's on set of rules and gameplay fairly different from any other spin off in the franchise. The one thing I'll always give in is that the religious undertones they touched upon, from ritualistic dancing, should had been much more well explored. While good, the game does waste a lot of its potential.

No clue what you're talking about, if this is some sort of discord faggotry from /smtg/, no. I neither use discord nor frequent /smtg/ anymore.

>what's worse, this was apparently supposed to be the first in a series of SMT like crossovers with other franchises
Maybe it's for the best. If it had worked, we would have things like SMTxYakuza which is a drift racer set in the Hong Kong undergeound where only 1/3 characters have demons for logos on their cars.

I hope. I actually would like to get it, but not if it's butchered like the original.

It hasn't been uncensored.

Are you implying I don't want demon drifting?

SMT isn’t popular in general. DeSu didn’t really sell much either on popular systems unlike the Wii U. Really only Persona sells a lot. It’s probably gonna do better on Switch.

>scorn of both FEfags and SMTfags
Wow so threatening bro

They've already kneecapped themselves by keeping the censorship.

I do. Kiria's game is getting a remake.

If it's the same censored port, I would hope literally no one.
Way to miss the point entirely Nintendo

>If it's the same censored port,
It is, but now all regions are censored.

Most people don't give a shit about that kinda crap. FE Fates was butchered by Nintendo Treehouse and once it sold like hot cakes, Yea Forums just pretended it never happened since they were too embarrassed after bitching about it for so long. Not saying this is gonna sell like Fates, but if it fails on the Switch, it's not gonna be because the girls got covered up.

only you and the 4 other shitposters in this thread give a shit about some cartoon boobs. no one else cares.

It basically was sold while the Wii-U was on it's death bed. By 2016, no one cared about the console, let alone a niche crossover JRPG. If it was out in 2014 along with most of the bigger exclusives, I imagine it would have sold better.

We're getting 3 new party members? I wonder if that means 3 new dungeons too.

Fucking bullshit. It's like they want the game to bomb.

If we're talking pure gameplay then you're right

I really doubt it's going to be censored. They were just lazy and used footage from the US version on the Wii U.

I refuse to believe it because it because the censorship is what killed the game in the first place and it would be idiocy to repeat the same mistake especially now that Nintendo wants to get away from the image that they censor things too much.

At least two new dungeons. Knowing Atlus, it'll be another maniacs edition all over again. One bonus multilayered dungeon that can be accessed any time, one bonus endgame dungeon. Look at the P4Golden, DSJ, P5 with Mementos and etc. its all the same shit.

Wii U didn't really have a JRPG audience to begin with, so it never had a chance. I had one and I bought it for Zelda and Smash. There were like none on it besides Xenoblade X which felt kinda Western like in comparison to most JRPGs. 3DS was more where people would be buy weeby games. Switch is even more weeby than 3DS desu.

>Woolie will never escape the Kowashitai

Feels good man.

>censorship is what killed the game in the first place
not really, the game failed hard in Japan long before the localisation, not to mention censorship doesn't tend to negatively impact sales as much as you think it does

>It's to light hearted to be Persona,
Eh, I'd say it beats nu persona in that regard.

Despite the fact that the two games handle it in completely different ways.

Censoring Kiria's leather panties killed it in Japan. Censorship killed it everywhere. The only way to make up for it is to rerelease it uncensored otherwise it's just going to completely bomb again.

Except in cases like this where the only people that hadn't dropped it after the first trailer were the people that do care about censorship like this.

>censorship doesn't tend to negatively impact sales as much as you think it does
there are so many cases proving you wrong, i don't know where to start.

Censorship literally had nothing to do with it. What killed it was the promise of an SMT x FE game but the reality being a game about the entertainment industry and how talent is power.

I was always vaguely interested in this game, but it just seems like too much for me. Like, I don't want to sit through those long-ass animations for attacks every time.

me

they're not that long, honestly its a pretty fun game and dropping it just because some minor detail is pretty stupid

sweetie I care

a shame it's still censored. Hopefully they can at least fix the atrociously long loading times before battle

>Like, I don't want to sit through those long-ass animations for attacks every time.
They're probably some of the shorter ones in turn based jrpgs this gen. Not including specials.

You mean like Fire Emblem Fates, one of the best selling games in that series?

>one game
how about criminal girls? how about the fucking game the thread we're in is about? how about fatal frame 5? how about ion maiden? older yakuza entries? people are always fucking worried about censorship

>We get to witness even more shitposting of this game

Guess the idol setting really set some people off. So upset that anything else about the game just seems so irrelevant to them.

I didn't bomb the first time, in fact english sales made up for the lackluster japanese ones.

Fates only did marginally better than awakening given the three versions, and the Fire Emblem audience was already far larger than TMS could ever hope for. Even if it lost twenty percent of sales it would have sold millions. By contrast, twice as many people have watched the censored gaming video on TMS than bought the game worldwide. The audience for a game like this is going to be far more irritated by censorship.

I would if it was uncensored.

Idolshit is like a virus which spreads and corrupts everything it touches
I remember when I got to that mission in Gravity Rush 2 when Kat has to dress up as an idol for some reason I knew that game was irredemable

It only sold 60k outside of Japan. That's embarassing for a console exclusive that had no competition. Next you're going to tell me that concert ticket and CD sales made up the difference.

>Shit game gets a port
>Even one that was a complete lie

I was ok when Nintendo filled the gaps for switch with ports with Wii U games; there were some good ones in there and deserve second shot like FreezeDong.

But Captain Toad, NSMU & this shit over The Wonderful 101.... disgusting.

Attached: 1464213965812.png (841x849, 956K)

Well to be fair everything bombed on the WiiU. Not only that console had few games but people weren't even buying them
This Encore version will fare better only because the Atlus brand has much more weight now than even three years ago;

I am completely confused, this game was the biggest wiiU flop and this version is also censored. How could this happen?

Xenoblade X sold 800k on the Wii U. TMS might do marginally better than before just due to Switch users being thirsty for games, but it's also a niche title coming out in a low sales month.

Maybe the rise of Fire Emblem has them wanting to give the game a second shot?

>how about the fucking game the thread we're in is about?
That's the point dumbass, censorship didn't make or break it just like it didn't make or break the other games that Nintendo censored that same gen.

Fates sold very well. Xenoblade X's problem was that it was on the Wii U and needed more development time more than anything. Hell it was lucky it wasn't weeby like XC2 or it would've done even worse on the Wii U. But go ahead and list random shit like Criminal Girls (which btw seems to have the same sales for like every title according to VGniggers)

It doesn't matter because even if you double the sales, the game isn't a success, so it wasn't censorship that made or broke it then. So in fact, it doesn't affect it as much as that other faggot would have people believe.

A certain game came out in 2017 that created a need among the Switch fanbase that Nintendo is trying to quench
I wouldn't be surprised if they commission Atlus another game like TMS to look even more like this certain game

Attached: 00502.jpg (1349x906, 574K)

The thing is that FE and SMT fans are still seething after there edgy to be game came out as Happy and Idol. It's a good game if you can handle all the idol crap

Attached: 1567379153281.gif (380x380, 648K)

you're actually fucking retarded if you don't think censorship hurt TMSFEs sales. go to any fucking news site and look at the comments. it's all people complaining about the censorship in the original.
i didn't bring up XBX so i don't know why you are, you fucking mouth breather.
>random shit like Criminal Girls
criminal girls got fucking slammed for censorship you dumb fucking child. people were cancelling their orders over it.

keep focusing on fire emblem selling well as if it couldn't have sold better without being censored

Thing is; Idol shit is unbearable for most people, and I mean normal people even among animefgas.

at least it's something, I guess...

I could bear the idol garbage if the rest of the story and characters were serviceable. Surprise surprise, they're not. This cast is absolutely terrible, and Itsuki's the worst MC I've ever seen. He's middle-school fanfic tier.

I never said it doesn't, it just doesn't make or break it, so it doesn't affect it to the extent you would have people believe. Unless you provide me with actual numbers for Criminal Girls, it looks the same all across the board for every entry from the charts I'm looking at, maybe you lose a little but that's hardly destroying it. Hearing about people cancelling in your inner circle on social media is not always the best measure of these things.

And I brought up Xenoblade X because it's another example of censorship around that era, that didn't really seem to do much despite all the massive outrage here back then. If you double or even triple the sales of TMS, it still wouldn't be a success most likely, so censorship is hardly the big reason it failed. It needed a lot more and I've seen no example where censorship completely destroyed a game as in took 75% of the sales or such away and destroyed it.

SMT BROS WTF

Attached: You x2.png (1281x718, 1.52M)

I do. I've been wanting to play the game since I heard decent things about it. Hopefully Encore would bring some gameplay improvements for the later parts of the game that people had issues with.

I dodged the Wii U version 'cause of that awful censorship but friends who've played this game say the gameplay is actually good, now that JP is also getting the censored version therefore making the censored version the 'real' version I guess at this point there's nothing to hold me back to buy this

>She gets motherfucking Virion of all people
I have never been more disappointed in my life.

just emulate it with the uncensor patch

Isn't this the game that censored exposed armpits of all things

The gameplay's actually really solid, excluding how long it takes for Sessions to play out later in the game. It's just everything else that's awful.

How possible is an uncensor patch on a hacked switch?

Both criminal girls games were censored, so I'm not sure why you think that consistency is a good point. Nevermind that VGchartz isn't even good for a broad guess. The outrage over TMS was a lot louder than XCX, if you were around here at the time you'd know this. I'm not sure how you expect anyone to produce hard numbers on how the game would have sold without censorship, that's impossible to produce. For all you know FE Fates could have sold five million uncensored (no, I don't actually think this). But the game was a console exclusive for a starved market, pushed in every Nintendo Direct, and got good critic reviews. It should have done better than 60k by any metric, and given how big the controversy was it's easy to point to censorship as a large factor.

That depends on if the Japanese version is censored to as suspected. Relatively easy if not. If it is, then we'll need the Wii U assets to somehow be compatible with the Switch version.

Mamori has Barry’s old Mirage though. Maybe they’ll add some NM characters.

Is this as fantastically gay as it looks?

I wouldn't have minded the idol crap if they threw in some bits about skeevy people in the industry or made the characters at least a bit more interesting. It's saying something when the character that had the best interactions was tiki=waifu

first off i don't know what charts you're reading, but they're more than likely inaccurate unless theyre coming from the company itself. second lost sales due to censorship is completely speculative and there's no chart for it.
>Hearing about people cancelling in your inner circle on social media is not always the best measure of these things.
where else would people express distaste in a company and their decision making than a public forum on the internet? and for your information i'm talking about company forums.
>took 75% of the sales or such away
if you think a loss of even 15% of game sales isn't a big deal, you're an idiot. on top of that, i already brought up ion maiden which the censorship apparently had caused such a huge loss that the company completed reverted on their decision.

Idols are kino. Sorry you have a low IQ.

Funny that's not the switch Overwatch edition...

I'll buy this version even though I already bought the Wii U one and beat it. It's a pretty nice alternative Persona game that's definitely got a lot of gameplay improvements over 4, and debatable that it's still better there than 5.

where were you when Operation Kowashitai was a success?

Attached: operation kowashitai.png (520x621, 479K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QXWZZ9v-xDs

If Barry is a party member, I'll certainly buy it again.

Attached: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.png (298x234, 111K)

This game probably fulfills someone's autistic fantasy

Ma gal Tsubasa yet another step closer to getting into Smash, feels good.
>muhflopfags BTFO
>bandwagoning anticensorship gamergators BTFO
>dilating SMTfags BTFO
>seething FEfags BTFO
Nothing can stop her.

WHERE'S MY SMT V FATLUS

Great battle song and also a great fates remix

>the trailer is already censored (including the Japanese one)

Attached: 1440200528875.jpg (1440x810, 425K)

I did. And I hated it. Fuck you

>Lunatic at the Start
>Uncensored
My only two wishes and i'll take one or the other.

It's not like the mirages looked or acted anything like the characters they were named after anyway.

None of those people are going to be BTFO if it flops again, which is a real possibility.

Still refuse to buy the game since I thought the idea of a FE game in a cool Shin megami world would be cool. But instead all it seems we got was an idol moe ass game. Nothing about it look remotely good. Even the clips I watched were fucking mediocre

Attached: 1560341407573.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

the fog is there

My friend Matt does. He likes this game.

Fire Emblem has gone more anime than this since it was announced.

Both the west and Japanese direct used the same trailer which featured Japanese text and censored footage. Hopefully that footage was just for the Direct.
youtube.com/watch?v=8A5zwpQ3Ubk

I know. I don't care about that cutscene since the boss in uncensored anyway. Thinking more about the swimsuit costumes, Story and Wedding costume. Those may be the same but i can hope. Then find despair

Didn't Nintendo removed their censorship? So I'm assuming it was just mainly for the trailers

>wanted this since wiiu was a failing console and was censored
>finally get my wish, it's still censored
Why even bother

The wrong kid died.

Attached: the_wonderful_101.0.jpg (1200x800, 141K)

>game flopped hard in the west because censorship
>censor bimoth west and east versions

Is nintendo really stupid?

#FE only did one thing right

Attached: tiki.jpg (1820x3500, 1.17M)

I know this is just a shitpost but anti-censorship chads are not the enemy of this game. Nintendo of America is, whoever's making the decisions in Japan now as well if they're retarded enough to port the censorship to the Japanese version of this game but I'm agreeing with for the time being because as far as I can tell the only thing that was censored in the Switch trailer and not the Japanese retail Wii U version is Inverse's tits. I won't be shocked if it does indeed turn out to be censored now but I will be disgusted.

If it is censored but adds enough that it's nevertheless superior to Wii U uncensored I'll still play it. I'll just be really upset.

>she was supposed to be playable/DLC according to the game files
>was cut because the devs stopped giving a shit
nah
Hopefully Sothis isn't getting the same treatment in 3H.

If they don't have these in the trailer then it's 100% censored

Attached: 26981427026_fcc2a7d2fb_o.jpg (979x703, 289K)

Playable or not her design and cute dialogue are the bright spots in a sea of shit.

they probably release it censored everywhere, with the new content excuse.

remember when retards took the vagina bones posters seriously and started flipping out?

People paid for dlc this time
Fuck Treehouse not doing the last dlc and running off with the money with a halfdone job

So Maiko's mirage is clearly Azura, which doesn't make much sense aside from IS pushing her every chance they get. Not sure about Barry's though.

I think it's hilarious that this game pretends that the idol industry is all rainbows and sunshine and sugarcoats it while a fucking Persona 4 dancing spinoff actually does a better job delving into the dark side of the industry.

It was planned to be Olivia, I really doubt they going shove Fates mirages there.

Gee, maybe making the idols shave their heads and shit would go against the tone of the game.

Game celebrates FE franchise, of course isn't grimderp.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U
youtube.com/watch?v=zpa0beb4AUI

Attached: SMTxFE_Istuki_Aoi_illustration_by_toi8_for_Fire_Emblem_Cipher_Series_4_(Genei_ver.).jpg (1080x1498, 832K)

Her Carnage form looks like Azura, mirage can be someone else.

Thank god the crossover flopped, don't want them to have the idea that we like idolshit and make more of that.

It really wouldn't be surprising if they put new characters in from other games though, and Azura is one of their favorites. Someone like Camilla would have actually made more sense for Maiko than a dancer.

>The characters in her given name "Maiko" mean "dance child."

Also mirage personalities don't exactly match with characters. Olivia interacting with a raging alcoholic can be quite interesting.

Attached: 1543796926765.png (112x128, 34K)

And yet Maiko was a gravure modeI. But I was thinking more of who would fit what 'role', but yeah that's true since otherwise Tsubasa would have had Olivia. Still think Azura is more likely since it looks more like her, not that she's any better than shitty-ass Olivia.

>still being mad over one, extremely vague teaser with a bunch of PNGs and no gameplay
It's time to let go.

It looks like azura, but also Olivia can be reclassed into flier and fit the same aesthetic as Tsubasa.

I'm sure they just going throw some reference weapons like they did with rest of games.

Attached: EDqLHA0U8AAwLw9-orig.jpg (2048x1151, 333K)

I wonder how pissed off the Japanese are now since TMS#FE JP version on Switch is getting censored.

Based

i would've liked it if it weren't based on the censored US version

just french and chinese according to the eshop. maybe they're keeping the censorship because of chinks and not burgers.

this image has been overused lately, i hope you aren't always the one posting it

FPBP

If they add a decent amount of new content I will buy it and play it again.

>I wonder who will be Barry's and Maiko mirages though.
LOOKS LIKE TEACH JUST GOT TENURE

Because they already sold it for that much like two years ago

I like FE and SMT. I like #FE.

Get over yourself

probably not very
>now we get the cute american costumes (*´∇`*) your boots are oishii nintendo-san

Based and Redpilled

pirate the uncensored version

even if the formats between versions aren't inherently compatible, i don't think it's a stretch that the hacking necessary to port assets will get done

Just like Persona 5 Royal, this Encoré version has more content.

The fact are you talking about? I never see people posting this on Yea Forums

user, its been 5 years.

Unironically can't wait to replay El Martho Ultra Instincto's game.

Attached: TMSMarth.png (440x480, 242K)

i've seen it on Yea Forums at least 3 times in the past month

>The state of Switch port begging
Jesus fuck you lot are retarded, you're begging in a thread about a game literally releasing for the Switch.

Honestly I never get how they got the idol bullshit since they tried to combine both SMT and FE.

SMT is about a post apocalyptic world and FE is more about nations and kingdoms at war.

Persona is mainly school life and dungeon crawling.

Yeah I know in P4, Rise wanted to be an idol, but none of the SMT games(including Persona) and Fire Emblem games never had anything having idol stuff as a game's mechanic.

>the second trailer comes out on fucking april fools
>what is this shit this isn't smt x fe
>I am not enough of a fucking weeb for this shit

port gets announced now

>heh the kowashitai girl is cute i should buy this

what is happening to me jesus

Attached: 1529988809008.jpg (673x600, 56K)

Aesthetics and Songs are due Avex taking over production.

But to understand the game you must watch the old commecials. Like this one.

youtu.be/RVCW26N3jsw

>Hell it was lucky it wasn't weeby like XC2
That why it did bad along with everything else bad about X.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (539x145, 16K)

Just for the sure sadism.
I want to see the censored American WiiU edition become the standard version for the Switch release.

Filthy kaffir trash will never understand the true pure beauty that was TMS. Your western whores will never compare.

Attached: 1466522561092.jpg (993x1217, 1006K)