Untitled

Attached: image0.png (1000x750, 500K)

I didn't like Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All Out Attack's soundtrack at first despite everyone sucking its dick due to being composed by the Shadow of the Colossus guy, but i've learned to really like it. Though Godzilla vs Biolante still has the best non-Ifukube soundtrack, made by the Dragon Quest guy, i get some real Saint Seiya impressions in that especially the guitars. Final Wars' soundtrack is a dumpster fire

Attached: 1565381240964.jpg (1600x900, 255K)

Soul doesn't necessarily mean good. It just means something had a lot of love and effort put into it.

Final Wars is the best Godzilla movie.

If you take Godzilla seriously as art you are genuinely retarded. Final Wars is one of the most entertaining action movies ever made because it embraces how retarded Godzilla is and rolls with it in a blisteringly fast paced super fun bonkers romp.

Yeah but the soundtrack is shit

Attached: shin godzilla.mkv_snapshot_00.27.15_[2019.08.18_23.14.40].jpg (1920x804, 148K)

Wrong

shut the fuck up kirby

>one of the most entertaining action movies ever made because it embraces how retarded Godzilla is and rolls with it in a blisteringly fast paced super fun bonkers romp.
This movie did that but better

Attached: destroy_all_monsters_se_insert_side_2.jpg (475x689, 536K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-190241.png (2048x1899, 947K)

I use the term soul for games that put in little details to give a game that extra life. I replayed Megaman Legends and enjoyed that townsfolk change their dialogue depending on your progress even the townsfolk in areas you never need to revisit. Guess for more modern games I enjoyed Astral Chains little things and shit like Metal Gear Rising with how the music played during boss fights.

that implies that soul equals quality

soul is a feeling that transcends quality, it's something ineffable from comfy

That's true when it's used by a retard that is just using it as a buzzword. There are plenty of modern games with soul and plenty of older games that were soulless as shit. The reason why all the older games you hear about are the ones with "soul" is because no one remembers the gigantic heap of garbage those gems came out of. If I could give a modern example, a game like Hollow Knight clearly has a ton of love and passion put into it, so it's soulful. In contrast, your yearly FIFA update is incredibly soulless, being designed primarily as a way to extract european retards from their money rather than as a creative work with a vision that a passionate team set out to make. Soul also doesn't technically translate to 10/10 game. I'd say the first Deadly Premonition has a ton of soul, but there are a lot of games I'd rather play as just games, including "soulless" ones.

Don't use Kirby to shitpost

And if a newer game has more soul than an older game?

Attached: khan disapproval.png (865x720, 393K)

Yea Forums cannot swallow this atomic redpill
Case in point.

No it's a synonym for artistic passion.
The most soulless things are always created-by-committee corporate shlock.

>remake something
>it lacks the pleasing color palette and animation that the original had
>say its better because gwafix

You only feel nostalgia for things that were good. No one is ever nostalgic towards trips to the dentist or to spending the night at your aunt's house who doesn't have any games to play.

>>it lacks the pleasing color palette and animation that the original had
I really don't get the modern boner for washed out and muted colors. I saw some screenshots of modded Breath of the Wild where they just changed to saturation and color levels a bit and it immediately looks a million times better.

It's called soul because the dev(s) poured their heart and soul into it.
E.g. Cave Story has soul while the latest rehashed Mario title likely doesn't.
Soul is the aggregation of small touches put in by a dev team that really cares.

Attached: cacospin.gif (200x200, 42K)

>Soul: emotional or intellectual energy or intensity, especially as revealed in a work of art or an artistic performance.
This takes 2 seconds to look up.

Recommend me a wad that's more focused on interesting level design rather than being "difficult" by having a lot of enemies and little to no ammunition

>while the latest rehashed Mario title likely doesn't.
If you meant Odyssey by that, that game has a ton of love and little touches put into it everywhere.

>476767268
shitty template that twitter trannies use to share their retarted opinions

soul is actually a very important, tangible and well-defined quality of games and so much so that your ignorant shitpost lies deserve a soulful beating with the song "In the name of love" playing during your beating

Attached: 1567555213835.png (2062x984, 203K)

Sorry but I disagree kirby poster.

Soul has intent behind it and came from an original idea. They pioneer solutions from problems that they were the first to face, and then filled the void with them.

Soulless is the same idea rehashed without any intent, and simply banks on its recognizability. You cannot create ideas when you know how the game already plays. you can only use other ideas that you already know to try and recontextualize the game in a modern sense.

One has the soul of the creator put into it.

The other is a literal soulless copy.

Attached: nakamura_9655.jpg (365x365, 31K)

you know it when you experience it

zoomers are by definition unable to

fuck you and all the other people who use this shit
these kinds of memes were originally for silly shit but dumbfucks like you use it for their retardo opinions

Attached: 1567648301507.png (1000x750, 557K)

But that's factually wrong.

Why don't you faggots try cracking open a dictionary once in your life:
>soul \ noun \ ˈsōl
>: the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment

Ancient Aliens is really good. It has a couple of custom assets, but it's incredibly unique, beautiful and plays well. Really anything by skillsaw.

Effort spent to appeal strongly to a narrow niche (typically the developer's own interests)
Contrast Soulless: mass market appeal, with optimal effort to marketability ratio.

aight, thanks mate

Attached: file.png (623x479, 34K)

New games can have soul.
Saying one thing is souless and the other has soul has literally nothing to do with nostalgia. It's about the quality put into it.
Only a literal fool would take this picture seriously and apply it to future arguments.

Attached: 1567213874659.jpg (720x641, 54K)

It's literal instagram/twitter sassy gurl meme formats.
OP is a literal redditor.

basically this.

soul is a catchall term for a time when video game development teams were small, the driving force behind them strong and cohesive, and the goal was to stand out, not fit in

The diametric opposite would the LITERALLY INFINITE GODDAMN OCEAN of shovelware that pops into existence every single time any game is remotely successful. Soft opposition is big money published video games.

the poetry for showing your soul to the world is via showing your passion for something.
how interesting that when someone acts and seems soulless on the outside in turns out that they have no passion for what they do or for living in the world that isn't willing to treat them decently from time to time.

Humanity is collectively losing more and more of it's sense of wonder/imagination as the years go by. I miss when anime/Vidya were bright and lively.

forgot to mention, you might want to start out on HMP
a slaughterwad it is not, but the wad does not fuck around on UV

zoom zoom

its just what happens when no one working on a project is really excited to work on that project, and its just the source of a paycheck.

No, soul is what old games make the player feel with its comfy low resolution graphics and textures. It’s got nothing to do with quality or nostalgia. Even a bad PS1 game can exhibit soul.

What’s some examples of actual soul and soulless
For me it’s when they take sprites and just smear the fuck out of them happened with TWEWY since they had drawing replace the player character sprites but were too lazy to draw random pedestrians

Attached: D07BA523-D32F-4D5A-AF8C-E84E47D88D5C.jpg (728x976, 161K)

I enjoyed all of them
Also the newest soundtrack is absolutely amazing

Attached: 1567648301507.png (1000x750, 595K)

>Tfw flash games are the only ones with soul and love put into them at this point

Hell yeah, the old remixes are great but i'm also really impressed by the Ghidorah themes, such a good use of Hannya Shingyo

Attached: Godzilla.King.of.the.Monsters.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv_snapshot_00.40.51_[2019.08 (1920x800, 172K)

especially considering the fact you don't have to sign a non-compete contract to work on a flash game