Deadly premonition 2

well this came out of fucking nowhere. what are your expectations?

Attached: cf793bbeb8e5f6f1a6f31082843973d9.png (1280x720, 535K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2012/12/20/we-need-your-input
twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169392449287905280
youtube.com/watch?v=fUO8ZkppDfA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xzum8sMs98M
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deadly_Premonition:_The_Director's_Cut
toybox-games.jp/dp2/
gamewatcher.com/news/2017-08-09-obsidian-can-t-make-alpha-protocol-2-because-of-disney-and-snow-white-the-seven-dwarfs
pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/deadly_premonition_2_switch_exclusive_at_launch_suggesting_a_ps4_release_in_the_future
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=X3IzOLyuNz0
twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1169417230628601857
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Timed exclusivity.

I expect a rushed and disappointing conclusion to D4 as a sidestory

I don't care if it's a flaming pile of dogshit, just happy it's being given a shot.

a call of duty thread died for this

>I don't care if it's a flaming pile of dogshit
it wouldn't be deadly premonition if it wasn't.

Greatness and terrible combat.

Did that game not release all the chapters or something?

Was it on that nintendo event?, is it exclusive?

This. I never expected a sequel and I'm thrilled by this. If any underrated game deserves a prequel its DP.

>Was it on that nintendo event?
ye
>is it exclusive?
so far yes, but it's probably timed.

*sequel

>NMH3 for Switch
>Now Deadly Premonition 2
HURRY UP AND REVEAL THE PRO MODEL YOU FUCKERS, I DON'T WANT TO SHELL OUT MONEY ON A CONSOLE MODEL THAT WILL BE OUTCLASSED

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 18K)

isn't it a prequel? it's york and not zach.

>Cult game from almost 10 years ago gets a full fledged sequel

Is there finally hope for this industry?

Attached: 600-01646049en_Masterfile.jpg (300x450, 27K)

I think its a prequel and a sequel. The stuff with the new agent said it's set in 2019. The York and Zach stuff is flashbacks I'm assuming.

What's next? E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy 2?

There will be hope the moment Demon's Crest HD/Gargoyle's Quest 4 is announced.

Damn that's a good point. All these games coming out now but we can't play them on a better version of the Switch.

Alpha Protocol 2

Attached: brayko.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

This. Holy shit this.

Can't fucking believe it. We're living in a crazy timeline.

never trust fat people.

>switch exclusive
Are you FUCKING kidding me? I also don't like the new soft looking artstyle either.

>Banjo in Smash and Deadly Premonition 2
This can't be actually happening. I'm still dreaming, right?

I think it prefer it to the original game looking like an episode of ReBoot, even if it was part of the "charm".

Why
Why would you fucking do that
Why would you give me something I never knew I wanted

YOUCH thats gonna sting

Attached: wZxnSZ4.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

It was supposed to be episodic but nothing ever came out besides the 2 episodes it started with

The worst part is that Capcom actually asked for it in a poll years ago but it didn't get enough votes to happen.

capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2012/12/20/we-need-your-input

The DIrector's Cut ended with a flashforward to an elderly Zach abruptly leaving his house to solve a mystery in New Orleans. I assume he's the old man in the trailer that the lady agent is talking to. So it looks like either it will be back and forth between York in the past and Aaliyah in the present, or all York with Aaliyah talking to Zach as a framing device

the pickles

Well that was the last announcement I expected to see. That's pretty cool.

Attached: Deadly Premonition_York.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Surprised to see another Swery game announcement before The Good Life was released.

Attached: The Good Life_Swery65.png (909x1204, 1.76M)

My sister has a Switch that she offered to let me use whenever I want so I'm fucking golden and don't have to waste my money on the thing

Attached: 1304253618519.jpg (508x595, 33K)

Not until the devs get bored of 40k Games

On one hand, I can potentially borrow my nephew's system. On the other, I know my sister won't want to see me downloading shit like this on it.

Attached: DP Card.jpg (468x750, 160K)

But the trailer said that the York scenes take place "14 years ago", could he have really aged that much in that short time?

I expected the first game to fucking work so I can't imagine what a flaming pile of shit this is going to turn out. You hit install and it bricks your PC.

Attached: 14_Power_Glove.jpg (720x480, 122K)

haha pranked

Uuuhhhh Nintendo does know nobody actually likes the first game right? It was just a meme. Is like when people buy Bad Rats ironically.

Did they wait for season 3 of Twin Peaks to come in order to make a new game?

you're confusing liking something as a meme (i.e not actually liking it) with the usual "so bad it's good", and DP is the latter. just like how people would pay to see a The Room 2 with a somehow revived Tommy.

>no PC
>no PS4
dropped

I think this new sequel runs on the exact same game engine as 1. Origins was them porting the engine to the Switch.
I just watched someguy play the intro bit. The Switch version has major audio bugs where entire lines of dialogue just don't play. Missing sound effects. The car is completely silent. Also, everyone sounds like the Rising Star idiots ran the audio files through the same audio codec Conker's Bad Furday uses on N64. The Switch version does remove that horrible echo they added in Director's Cut though. It is closer to the 360 version mixing. Has the DC controls, has the 360 graphics for the most part. Doesn't have the fucked up DC texturing. Still runs like hot garbage.
So, I expect the sequel will be awful. I think Deadly Premonition was just a lucky hit. It's so fucked up in just the right ways. They keep fucking the ports and "remasters" up worse than the original.
That tells me they have NO IDEA why the 1st game worked, or any skill to make it happen again. I bet I'm wrong, and 2 is fucking amazing.

>It's so fucked up in just the right ways
it was mostly the writing that made it likable though. the bugs, jankiness and glitches added to the charm.

The first one had a cool story and solving the mystery was fun, but the night time sections were absolute dogshit, if the sequel has anything similar ill pass

I'm puzzled that it's a flashback prequel but I'm down.
Hopefully it leads to the sequel proper.

that apartment that the lady's in looks kinda like the one from D4

the devs missing the point and not knowing why people liked the game and making a product that appeals to nobody

I assure you, from the looks of the screenshots I've seen, they are absolutely getting the point

well thats good for the fans then i guess
i just made an assumption

How much is the first game on Switch?

I hope they make the driving even more infuriating.

$30 USD

These Rising Star dev guys have learned NOTHING since then. They've been making the 1st game worse in every port and remaster. This game is up for sale right now with major brand new audio bugs.

I genuinely was invested in the story and characters, enough to endure through the awful driving and bullet sponge enemies. Fuck you.

Fuck that

Was that York's original voice actor or a recast?

Another Swery turd becaue he's never made a good game ever.

Maybe more D4 isn't impossible?

Attached: d4 dinner.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Why is it following York when 1 ended the way it did? Why isn't it about Zach?

It said the York scenes take place 14 years into the past.

Anyone tried Origins yet? Does it actually work?

I always wanted to try the first one but so many people said it was a twin peaks kinda game. I never watched the series so that’s why I never played it. What am I missing out from the first game? Some people love it but I feel it’s because of the retarded lynchian things, if there are any

pure soul

Isn't Swery working on something else right now? Who is making it then?

I don’t know about you guys but I like cel shading and it’s good that besides astral chain there’s another game that has this style

Guess I’ll have to try it out

Soon

Attached: Good Life_blazemalefica.jpg (900x1273, 173K)

Raincoat Killer for Smash Bros?

Attached: Raincoat_Killer.jpg (1125x1500, 453K)

Just watch twin peaks

D4 was microsoft exclusive. Swery always said that D4's cancellation wasn't his fault and that MS is to blame, so D4 is still dead in the water

I'll never come to terms with the fact that the Zaibatsu will never get to experience DP2 together

Attached: f12csi1stp421.jpg (1036x1117, 113K)

Emulation it is

hopefully no combat

I think the infinite pistol is back in the Japanese trailer. Its happening.

Are you me?

No, he said on twitter that he's writing and directing Deadly Premonition 2.
twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169392449287905280

Not going to happen, please stop holding onto a dead dream, the Lite should have been the final nail in the coffin.

Anyone tried to get original in NZ? Not showing up in e-shop, when i follow the link and change region I get
>Error Code: 9001-1670 This content is currently unavailable.

Attached: 1286843627254.jpg (400x343, 17K)

While DP had quirky characters and a lot of cheese, the story was amazing and quite deep.
D4 seemed mostly whacky characters and lol random shit.
I hope Swery can put another good game, I don't mind the jank.
I do feel like the game will try to be too " lol random B movie, get it ? "
It happened also with Suda51, but Suda does have better gamedesign chops.

VPN? Or purchase it on the computer eshop in another region and then download on your switch?

I don't know, I feel like this game is going to be good
Isn't that right Zach?

It's pretty much made by someone with a hard-on for David Lynch.

I'm excited, but I hope it's a timed exclusive. I think the exclusivity and Kinect deal was what kneecapped D4 from the get-go.

Quite low, to be honest
The announcement sounds fantastic, but Nintendo had also saved all franchises with mixed results. It seems they know how to play the trademark game, but then the development is mediocre at best, because it is not taken care by the same team or talent.
So, Nintendo saving old loved franchises: 11/10
Real good sequels from that: 4/10
>sin and punishment 2
>castlevania rebirth
...inb4 hurr durr they are good... they are not THAT good

>tfw cant get the first game to boot on steam
its probably windows 10, right?

Attached: 1567645451542.jpg (1524x3993, 1.87M)

What the fuck is even going to be the storyline

Is Zach going to be the main character again? There's no way they can include York since York went to the White World or w/e it was called

Yea i'll probably do that if it's not out tomorrow arvo, thanks dude, Still don't know why tf everyone has it except kiwis, smdh

>cozy game that's weird and shitty, but remembered fondly just for memes more or less gets a rerelease and a sequel
I love it and hope they can capture the same feel.

People now pretend that S&P2 wasn't a worthy sequel?

It's unironically better than Twin Peaks. TP was dog shit then ended on a cliffhanger.

If you look at the pilot, it's clear that bob was supposed to be the "end all".
After the reveal of him, the series didn't have any real hook to it.
DP kept throwing you for a loop till the end.

we good, then

>it's clear that bob was supposed to be the "end all".
"Supposed to be the "end all".". The problem was that he wasn't, so we got everything from the end of Season 1 and onward.

tried a few of these and the game still wont start
think i might just get the switch version at some point

Dont forget Swery has another game coming out soon

Attached: the good life cats.png (1146x890, 1.29M)

>pathologic 2
>bannerlord
>deadly premonition 2
I am starting to think anything is possible.

Why are graphics worse than in original game? It almost looks like it's on 3DS

I'm still waiting for the couch potato version. I refuse to use handhelds.

I played it before watching Twin Peaks and still loved it. it's the most soulful jank I can think of

This announcement reminded me that I bought DP on PS3 years ago for like $2 and never played it.

Well they better since next gen is right around the corner. And they're gonna get left behind because of the hardware.

Probably times excusive. Like octopath traveler and tsa

it's too late, they should just release switch 2/super switch in 2022

Same for me. I just remembered that you can actually change the Switch region, though, so I'm gonna try that and see if it'll work.

posts like this always crack me up. It's like a guy with no legs saying he's boycotting bicycles

Attached: 08FMarA.png (200x104, 2K)

I’m assuming this is a case of Nintendo being the only ones willing the pick the title up.

Alright, so I changed the region on my Switch, made a new US account, but when I go to buy it I can't use my debit card since it's the wrong country. I tried to link my Paypal account, but that also complains about being the wrong country. Seems like the only options are to either get an eshop gift card or to find an American friend you trust to send them the money and use their Paypal account.

me in the top right corner

There will be hope when Viva Pinata gets another game.

Well he out of nowhere announced The Missing right after TGL and that already came out so it's not that surprising. Also Futatsugis team is probably doing most of the heavy lifting.

No he didn't retard. Access Games owns the rights to it, the second season was announces and they posted a screenshot of it, then Swery got "Sick" and left Access to form his own studio.

Attached: D4-Dark-Dreams-Dont-Die-Season-2-Episode-3-screenshot (1).jpg (640x360, 47K)

I unironically want that dog/cat photographer game WAY FUCKING more.

Day fucking one buy.
By the way, the first DP1 Switch gameplay videos are cropping up on Youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=fUO8ZkppDfA
Does this ugly piece of garbage finally run at 60, or are my eyes deceiving me? Might double dip if that's the case.

The video itself is 30fps.

Attached: firefox_2019-09-05_20-30-39.png (282x28, 5K)

Well fuck. Might have had some confirmation bias there.
Still, a stable 30 is better than any other console release so far. I remember the 360 version being unstable as fuck, and the "HD" remaster on PS3 being sub 20 a lot of the time.
I think even the PC version is unoptimized as hell.

>Already bought the 360 and PS3 versions
>Looking to triple dip with this one
>It's 30 bucks

It's not fair, there are just TOO MANY releases from here to the end of 2019.
>Alliance Alive HD
>Daemon X Machina
>River City Girls
>DQXI S
>Luigi's Mansion
>Bubble Bobble 4
>Moon for some fucking reason
>Goose Game
>Possibly SaGa Scarlett Grace
>that new Contra game

Attached: DwBXr44X0AY1Xkt.jpg (680x680, 48K)

doesen't Access Games also own the rights to Deadly Premonition? They must have mended their relations if DP2 is happening, I wouldn't be surprised if they give D4 another shot

>Bubble Bobble 4
Hell yeah

Performance wise, it ran fine on my PC, but it's biggy as fuck. I gave up on it because I kept falling through the floor in the hospital.

It's 2019 on Europe, 2020 on the US. They just announced it with minor fanfare, when it's huge news. Switch exclusive too, for some fucking reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzum8sMs98M

Let me save you some money- the new contra looks absolutely fucking trash.

>what are your expectations?
zero, gonna look worse than the original because of the hardware

I'm holding out to it. Many games I liked had horrendous artstyles and this could be another one of those.

is the first one actually worth playing or is it just LOL ITS SO BAD ITS GOOD LMAO meme shit

Swery is a fucking hack and is basically an even worse version of Suda

It's basically Twin Peaks the game, but the game has massive technical and control issues.
Just watch supergreatfriend's let's play of it.

The pricing for Alliance Alive is fucking insane. They're asking full price for a hd port of a 3ds game that as new cost 30 bucks.

It is worth playing. I didn't even think it was "SO BAD" at all, people said the same thing about EDF and I think they're genuinely wrong. Anyway, the game is a bit rough around the edges but it's thoroughly enjoyable.

EDF are good games though.

>Another Cuckbox apologist

That SweetFX looks like shit.

That's because the game is outsourced(and most likely funded) by gaijins who just contracted Swery to write some lines and give some pointers.

I really have concerns the typically Japanese design choices and details will be missing in this due to being made by a western team

Most do. I have no idea why some people want videogames to look like showcase TV on a mall.

EDF is solid as fuck though.

>LOL ITS SO BAD ITS GOOD LMAO
It is to some degree, but the charme and ideas put into it, make it worth playing anyway. Plus, the Switch port runs better than PS3 and PC.

>recommending lets plays
>ever
zoomer faggot piece of shit

My best guess is they'll reveal that the first game took place in the 90s/early 2000s, meaning York's side of the story can take place in 2005 like the trailer suggests. Not sure how elderly Zach fits in then.

>zoomer faggot piece of shit
Yeah dude, just let him play the game with those amazing controls and bullet sponge enemies.
The game is a mess, deal with it.

>the parts with the female detective are set inside David Young’s apartment from D4

Swery pls

Attached: 1EBF9274-0BD1-4C68-85DF-3DC77055BCE7.jpg (923x883, 88K)

However big of a mess it might be, has nothing to do with you being a giant faggot.
Go apologize to your parents.

It's being done by Toybox Inc., DP's original producer's company (with Yasujiro Wada), who are japanese. SWERY confirmed direction and writing, not some shady shit like "creative" direction or executive production.

>zoomer doesn't even know who supergreatfriend is
Yikes

>Yeah dude, just let him play the game with those amazing controls and bullet sponge enemies.
this, but unironically

I wonder if this is gonna be a Travis Strikes Again/TP: The Return case scenario in which the sequel premise is completely overriden by a celebration of their career and the interconnections between their works.

So far it sounds good but I can't help but have this gut feeling the chick you play as is going to suck. I'm not expecting her to be better then York but I think she'll be worse then say David from D4.

Also don't like it being a prequel, unless the chick in the present goes on to meet Zach.

Anyone bought origins and doing a run right now?
seems this is an alternative version of the game:
we don't have the 'old man telling a story' beginning
we have the new controls
we don't have some audio gliches from dc

I just wanna know if the dlc are in

I'm REALLY thinking that 30 bucks price tag.

Guess this is a good enough time to go play the first game since I got it on steam, anything I need to do to fix any issues with it?

>we don't have the 'old man telling a story' beginning
Huh? I don't remember that at all.

>anything I need to do to fix any issues with it?
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deadly_Premonition:_The_Director's_Cut

>DUUUUUUUUUDE HOLY SHIT DEADLY PREMONITION, CAN'T FUCKING WAIT BROS

Attached: 1567611937105.png (665x800, 54K)

Bring it in, folks. This is now what will be the hip thing to make fun of will be, since it's relevant again.

yeah? What’s the point of this post please?

Yea you need a whle heap of luck!
Because even with all the possible fixes and guides applied, it'll probably still crash or refuse to run properly, or just outright stop working at a certain point.

Shoo shoo, tranny jew!

Attached: 1567665866781.png (270x360, 66K)

Yyup.

Going so far down the rabbit hole that even deadly premonition fans will argue that it went too far. It’s gonna be a wild ride.

It’s absolutely gonna happen, switch lite in fact proves it because by releasing it now they can make a lite pro as well and get lite users to double dip too

The original game's graphics are ReBoot tier.

Here we see the omega male and his fury at not being able to understand why sophists could enjoy something. Watch as he lashes out at those he feels threatened by. Sadly, he will never be able to cope, or have sex, and so he will continue to seethe until the end of his days.

>calling someone a zoomer because they don't know a literal who youtuber

yikes

Attached: 1503010534_lain dance.gif (800x533, 3.69M)

RIP
Why the fuck did every country in the world except NZ get this fucking game i'm so pissed it better be there when I get home from waging tomorrow

Attached: 1463027738779.gif (300x169, 1.09M)

Swery Retreated this and im not sure if the trailer is fanmade or not
toybox-games.jp/dp2/

>Retreated

>Coming to Switch ONLY
Now that's a statement of intentions

Attached: 1556700435309.jpg (600x684, 67K)

>ToyBox Inc.
>Detailed information on staff
It looks real. Which means the VA for York is back. Good!

well I love the game enough, I hope the switch lite isnt dogshit

uh

I would recommend getting a proper Switch because of the TV dock, but if you're gonna play full portable there's no reason to.

well fuck me

>I hope the switch lite isnt dogshit
Why would you get a version of the console that has less anything?
You can buy the original(now revisioned) Switch and have literally everything the lite has + actual motion sensors, rumble, docked mode for better resolution and performance, not to mention that some games really aren't made for handheld mode and the text is tiny as fuck on the screen.

the lite is made for toddlers so they dont destroy the console when dropping it

and
>vtmb 2

baldur's gate 3

Gib D4 Episode continuation.

TURN IT UP!

ok regular switch it is

the port the same dev just released of deadly premonition 1 is still an unstable glitchy piece of shit mess just like the other 3 or so ports they did and never bothered to patch so my expectations are extremely low that the sequel will even be playable.

low. The first one was more a fluke than planned out

Modern Obsidian won't be able to pull it off

By being a fluke would mean the game sold a lot, which it didn't.

Deadly Premonition is only popular for the memes. Unless Swery makes a game which is actually functional and fun to play it's not going to sell well.
That's why people say they like it, but never buy his shitty games. They suck.

>Alpha Protocol 2 will happen

Attached: 1532719757372.png (300x297, 114K)

>seems this is an alternative version of the game:
No its the original version of the game.

Looks like swery's tranny game flopped hard if he's going back to DP2?

I meant more for the surreal themes mixing so well with the mediocre gameplay and exploration

gamewatcher.com/news/2017-08-09-obsidian-can-t-make-alpha-protocol-2-because-of-disney-and-snow-white-the-seven-dwarfs

It's not equivalent. You don't need to play The Room, you just sit and watch some corny acting. If that's all Deadly Premontion was it might be fine but you also have to deal with fucking awful gameplay, poor programming, ungodly framerate issues and a whole host of other problems that are objectively unfun to deal with. Not in the "so bad it's good way" - that doesn't apply to framerates or camera controls.

What, did you think he'd be making the missing 2 instead?

>recently wanted to rebuy the game on Steam to replace my 360 copy
>discover it's been delisted out of existence because of that fucking song
Yeah I don't think it's getting a sequel

It absolutely does apply, people played DP and loved it. They're not pretending to like it. It WOULDN'T be so bad it's good if it weren't for the performance issues and ugly graphics.

Or sequel to D4 :)

Fucking nobody loved the game part of DP, they only enjoyed the hammy acting and insane Japanese reinterpretation of Twin Peaks.

You can always pirate the game user.

Nah this is lake decade old hidden Yea Forums gem.
Modern Yea Forums will shit at this game 24/7 and use it in console war shitpositng

Even if that were the case, good thing we're talking about the game as a whole and why people love the original game and are so excited for the sequel. user you're not gonna make the people who played it and loved it suddenly not exist.

The problem seems to be that you think the performance issues are enough to make people not like it or something, when what people like about the game far outclasses the issues and in fact the latter become part of the charm.

>I didn't read the thread

>user you're not gonna make the people who played it and loved it suddenly not exist.
They already don't exist. That's not a problem.
This is why D4 flopped so hard, the audience for the game doesn't exist.
People don't want to play Deadly Premonition because it's a terrible game, they like watching it. I'm just guessing numbers here but I expect 2% of people interested in DP2 to actually buy it and the remaining 98% will just watch their favorite Youtuber stream it instead. Everyone will say they enjoy it but nobody wants to fucking play it.

These things do tend to happen. TSA, between peaceful threads, was viciously shitposted.

discord trannies love deadly premonition though
they also love no more heroes and every other "quirky" game

>Switch exclusive at launch

Nice, I want it on PC

Neat, still gonna sell my Switch though. The system is a piece of shit. I'll just emulate the DP2 or wait for a PC release.

>They already don't exist. That's not a problem.
Ok user that explains it, you don't know what you're talking about. Yes user those people who have entire playthroughs saved and enjoyed it and are now hyped for the sequel don't exist because you say so.
>This is why D4 flopped so hard,
Because it wasn't DP2? Might as well ask why John Carpenter's other movies didn't do so well after Halloween.

Has anyone played the switch port of 1 yet? Does it work fine?
Have the PC version but its basically unplayable with crashes even with the patch

God you're delusional.

I sure got told. It seems more to me like you're projecting your tastes onto other people and assuming everyone is the same as you.

>the PC version but its basically unplayable with crashes even with the patch
Yeah that's normal for Deadly Premonition

Then it's not "modern Yea Forums", just some dudes. Hell even one person can shitpost a whole thread.

It's not an issue of taste, the game is fundamentally broken. Then engine is dogshit, it runs like crap, the controls are terrible. It's a disaster of a game from the bottom up. Nobody who enjoys the story thinks the game is fine. It's not, by any reasonable metric, a good game.

D4 also flopped because it was marked as a BONE exclusive and Microsoft had unrealistic expectations.

Either way, the flop-success proportion with these kinda games is always lower than other productions. Just 100k worldwide could be a riveting success for DP2.

>It's not an issue of taste, the game is fundamentally broken.
But you treat the issues to a far more gravity than others to the point that you claim people don't actually enjoy it. That's the issue of taste.

user, stop, those playthroughs and the fact that said people are excited about the sequel are proof that you're wrong. You think that because you don't like the game then everyone else must also just be pretending to like it.

You're like someone saying that since The Room has bad characters, writing and acting, nobody must like it and they're only pretending to like it. And that so bad it's good games don't exist according to you.

>Sonibrony is so furiously retarded he can't even follow a simple conversation.

>You're like someone saying that since The Room has bad characters, writing and acting, nobody must like it and they're only pretending to like it.
No, I'm not, nothing in The Room prevents you from enjoying The Room for what it is because it's a movie that you just sit down and watch. This isn't remotely the same as my criticisms against Deadly Premonition.
>"Well, I for one, enjoy the odd crash to desktop. It must just not be for your taste."
Nobody thinks this. You cannot compare a movie to a video game. It's completely different.
Yes, people are excited. They're excited to watch it.
Only a tiny handful of people actively want to endure the terrible games that Swery creates though. That's why they all sell like trash.
But when this game comes out and sells 5 million copies, sure, I'll eat my hat for you.

Probably a better game than the first one, which will make it a much, much worse game because everything that made the first good was a complete accident

>not an idort

>double your native resolution (i.e. 1920x1080 becomes 2560x1440)
What the fuck am I even reading?

>They're excited to watch it.
Unrelated user, but no. Even then, I'm not going to abide by some "majority" opinion that just screams "fucking casuals" (people that'd rather watch than play Drakengard, for example). Stating that it's even going to cross 100k or even 50k is ludicrous, too. These are niche games, the devs work around that assumption.

Fuck i would love this.

No, it's remembered fondly because of the character writing and gripping story.
>le meme's!
I fucked your mother.

Where's Forrest Kaysen?

>biggy as fuck
my nigga.

Attached: 1539719855673.jpg (909x1281, 170K)

Dev said it will come to other platforms too

>Alcoholic Priest
Self inserting much, DRINK KING?

>Do not launch the game through Steam
>Go to the game directory
>Run DPLauncher.exe
>Uncheck fullscreen in the settings
>PLAY
That's all I ever had to do, never needed any kind of hack or fix, played the game from beginning to end without a single crash. Never knew why anybody ever bothered with all these dumb fixes and shit. The only issue is that the game fucks up when you try playing fullscreen; put it in a window and everything is fine.

I'm so fucking excited to play DP on Switch wrapped in a comfy blanket with it raining outside

No, they said it would be switch exclusive at launch and they weren't discussing other platforms. So maybe.

>No, I'm not, nothing in The Room prevents you from enjoying The Room for what it is because it's a movie that you just sit down and watch
Of course it does, it has nothing but bad movie aspects, so nobody must like it the same way you claim nobody must like DP cause of bad game aspects. Watching a movie can bore you to sleep after all so why would people want to do that if the movie is unenjoyable?
>"Well, I for one, enjoy the odd crash to desktop. It must just not be for your taste."
You'd have a point if you couldn't complete the game, but that issue is not here. The issues mentioned until now were unrelated to this, don't try to change it.

>Yes, people are excited. They're excited to watch it.
Objectively wrong. Patrick Boivin played the whole game, loved it and is excited to play the sequel. Same with Vargskelethor Joel who LOVES to play bad games and loved DP. These people shouldn't exist according to you.

Again, user, you're saying so-bad-its-good games don't exist according to you. People LOVE the bad aspects of DP and wouldn't like it as much if it didn't have such issues like out of sync audio, characters driving their cars while floating in the air or the game's framerate inexplicably dropping at times when picking items.

Plus it's a sequel, not the original exact game's porting mess.

Where?

I don't believe you.

here

Attached: check this out.png (320x269, 111K)

>Of course it does, it has nothing but bad movie aspects, so nobody must like it the same way you claim nobody must like DP cause of bad game aspects. Watching a movie can bore you to sleep after all so why would people want to do that if the movie is unenjoyable?
I'm not reading beyond this because you seem like you're being deliberately obtuse here. You do understand that a movie can't crash to desktop, right?

Fucking nice.

Well, I guess I should play the first one then...

>it has nothing but bad movie aspects
That's simply not true, The Room is what it is because despite the nonsensical plot, acting and some set decisions, the crew working on it were competent and it was properly shot, lit and the sets were well made. That only adds to the shock of the characters saying nonsensical, almost incoherent lines at each other and of Tommy Wiseau in general.
It's kind of the polar opposite of Deadly Premonition, where the story and characters are charming and interesting, but the execution of the game falls flat.

>Always remember the comfy parts of Deadly Premonition.
>Only now remember how morbid the actual murders were
Huh.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/deadly_premonition_2_switch_exclusive_at_launch_suggesting_a_ps4_release_in_the_future

Please read the whole post. You'd have a point if you couldn't complete the game, but that issue is not there. HL2, one of the most praised games of all time, is known for crashing to desktop constantly. Fuck I've had it crash more than any other commercial game I've played.

>they keep the orphan counter
YES, I need to know who I killed had children or not.

>twin peaks season 3 comes out after 25 years
>deadly premonition 2 announced 2 years later

what a coincidence

>the crew working on it were competent and it was properly shot
Oh come on, even the shitty stephen king adaptations had that. It's not really something of note, big budget trash exists every year.

That's already being worked on.

I'm not reading your posts when you're being a pedant. You're trying to pretend that the game doesn't have fundamental problems that aren't present in cinema.

>Alpha Protocol 2

I'd literally murder someone for this. Worse, I'd even consider installing the Epic store.

That's good.

user you can play the game without having a single crash just like this guy. I'm not saying the game is exactly like a movie but in terms of enjoyment, it's a so bad it's good game, which according to you can't exist.

It's the contrast between the competent cinematography and the absolute trainwreck of a script and main actor. Those stephen king adaptations don't gain notoriety because they're just mediocre, they're not an absolute clusterfuck of storytelling.

>well this came out of fucking nowhere
Once Twin Peaks got a revival I was actually expecting this sooner.

I'm glad you yeilded something but crashing is just one of the game's myriad problems. It's impossible to beat the game without dealing with the major gameplay issues, camera controls and unstable framerates. Story, characters, music aside. The game part of this game is absolutely terrible. Among the worst of any significant releases.

>my fucking face when George cut that cable holding up the girl

Attached: f2737984.png (588x465, 230K)

>It's the contrast between the competent cinematography and the absolute trainwreck of a script and main actor
I have never ever seen anyone point out the contrast or care about it in the slightest. After all, stuff like Evil Dead exists where it was low budget as fuck and cheesy incarnate yet it became popular. Like I said, big budget trash exists every year and people don't care, they care about charm, and charm comes no matter how big the budget is.

So should I even bother with the Switch release?
What are the chances of it getting at least a couple of patches to unfuck the cutscenes?

I hope it's not as predictable as the forst game and has better gameplay.

I'm not looking for masterful writing or top tier game design but the repetitiveness of fighting shit, bad driving, awkward sidequest structure, and clunky ui made 1 more of a chore than it needed to be - and I knew the twists for everything but Francis' past by the midway point which took the wind out of my sails since they felt more like obvious cliches than something I'd cleverly figured out.

>I'm glad you yeilded something but crashing is just one of the game's myriad problems.
Don't act like you weren't hanging onto that point like it was a decisive argument since you kept repeating it and even ignored my whole post just to do it again. Especially since all this time I've been pointing out how the other issues are part of what people like about it.

I'm just gonna keep repeating this: so bad it's good games don't exist according to you. Which means you're objectively wrong.

please read my post this time.

Twin Peaks S03 is the best season of television ever,and S01 is close.

It's simple. You can't tolerate those problems, people who like the game can. Which explains why people are excited and you aren't.

Your argument is that none of the gameplay issues matter in Deadly Premonition because the gameplay of The Room didn't stop anyone from enjoying that movie.
You're literally comparing two completely different things in order to act like Deadly Premonition's flaws don't matter at all. They do.

And my point is that very few people can indeed tolerate it which explains the awful sales numbers and D4's flop. Swery is probably confused as to why so many people tell him they love his games but so few ever buy them. It's because of the gameplay.

Evil Dead had some inventive camerawork and special effects, regardless of the budget. It becomes evident what they were going for in the second one.
You can keep saying the same thing over and over without any rationalization, the fact is that the room is completely charmless, even boring at times, but the stark contrast between the absurdity of the events with a properly shot movie is what gets people in the end.

yeah this is what I dont like about Swery.

He made decent games and then "got sick" and now he's making literal indie garbage. A game about a tranny who cant die and a game about a detective trying to figure out why people turn into animals at night.

Like what the fuck is this shit.

Just a giant Leap from the plot of D4 and DP series into "tranny cant die and has to find his gf" and "the people turn into animals XD how quirky".
Like what is this?

Maybe he finds it enjoyable or some shit.

>Deadly Premonition 2
>Bannerlord
>Pathologic 2
>Bloodlines 2
>Baulder's Gate 3
>Shenmue 3
What fucking next? The Protomen finally release Act 3?

Don't ignore my posts, read . If you're not going to why bother arguing with you?

>Your argument is that none of the gameplay issues matter in Deadly Premonition because the gameplay of The Room didn't stop anyone from enjoying that movie.
No, I'm saying that the things that normally would prevent a movie from being enjoyable don't apply to the Room's fanbase, in that way, things that would prevent a game from being enjoyable don't apply to the people who played and like DP. I am not saying the two are exactly the same. I am comparing people.

Why do you keep ignoring most of my posts and just focusing on one point? Are you conceding the fact that so bad it's good games can exist which according to you they can't?
>which explains the awful sales numbers and D4's flop
DP is a cult classic, user. Cult classics are the opposite of popular. Nobody's saying the games are a million seller, we're saying that people did enjoy the game. Also D4 is not DP, refer to my John Carpenter example in a previous post.

God Hand 2

I already told you I'm not going to read your posts that are complete tangents that ignore reality.

>Evil Dead had some inventive camerawork and special effects, regardless of the budget
Evil Dead has probably the most embarrassing sfx for a "possessed" character in the history of cinema. Pic related. Big budget absolutely does not matter. In fact the less budget something has the more "so bad it's good" it can become.
>You can keep saying the same thing over and over without any rationalization
But I did have rationalization and even pointed out how big budget trash (i.e badly acted and badly written) exists all the time that people don't like and low budget stuff has the power to charm people. Meaning it's got more to do with things other than big budget and "contrast".

You on the other hand, are just saying people like it because of the contrast because you say so. No questions asked.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x256, 877K)

Okay user. Whatever you say.

I hope there is driving

They is YATCH driving so I guess yeah.

>faggots would rather their be no sequel

Console war is serious business

YATCH?

I expect it to be generic weeb shit that will not live up to the expectations of the first one, but Yea Forums will praise it to high heavens because it's generic weeb shit and in order to be good in Yea Forums's eyes the game has to be something to do with waifu's or smash.

it's written and directed by the same guy who did the first, would you say dp1 is waifu shit for weebs? it has emily in it so...

At least boat sailing.

Yeeeah man, you cracked the code.

Friendly reminder that Eddie Vedder wrote a song for Deadly Premonition 2 that confirms Zach never recovers York's personality

wut?

He was referencing Twin Peaks season 3

ah I'm dumb.

Based

>mfw it actually goes up certain values depending who you kill
>killing Chinese enemies will have the orphan counter go up by like 1 because of the one child laws
>while killing saudi terrorists net a high amount of orphans because they tend to have a lot kids

kek

>New Orleans
Will we get big fan boat travelling on the swamps as he talks to Zach about movies?

no it is a bad fucked up port like the rest. as soon as you are able to get in the car and drive around in the open world the fps dips to the single digits. all audio is totally fucked. dialogue won't play when it is supposed to, even in cutscenes. sound fx won't go through, music will suddenly go silent, etc. do not buy it until rising star patches it, which is super unlikely. they can't keep getting away with this.

>all those people bitching at platinum to release their console exclusive games for other platforms
>even though they're a contract company and just do whatever a publisher wants them to make

Probably same case with this game, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo offered to help fund the game if they keep it exclusive.

Wait, seriously?
That's hilarious.

Proper Front Mission series reviving.
And AC

Yep, it definitely does.

Attached: wcfzmhzkuxk16eiyberz.gif (600x300, 2.77M)

>switch only
time to finally buy the bing bing wahoo machine

I wish more games had a veteran backstory after completing the game as a recruit or something, I thought that idea was cool.

I remember loving Deadly Premonition. Then I had to go to the hospital (which is super far away) at a certain time, but didn't make it in time. So then I had to drive far to get to a bed to sleep until then. Then on the drive back to the hospital my game crashed. So I said fuck it.
I should really go back and finish it. Might even buy the Switch version if it runs well?

if any anons haven't played deadly premonition 1, fucking play it. it is really good if you can get into it and not be casual filtered.

Attached: 1551689222938.jpg (676x676, 93K)

>if it runs well
It never runs well.

God, I wish.
Left Alive was a fucking abortion.
At least Phantom Brigade looks excellent.

Attached: front mission.png (2213x1694, 1.58M)

there's a way to teleport to areas using a radio.

Parallels the return of twin peaks

I’m sure it will be delightful

>suggesting a ps4 release
Hopefuly it will be a xbone release and not a turdstation one

I wanna play this again, but how does the Switch version run in handheld mode?

Any anons playing who can give some info?

Is there a term for a game that has a lot of jank but has a lot of good points with it to?

Like Alpha Protocol, Deadly Premonition, STALKER, etc?

Was it bad bad, or "this isnt what I asked for" bad?

B list games. They do just enough wrong to be entertaining.

>Alpha Protocol, Deadly Premonition, STALKER
One of these isnt like the others

Baldurs gate and shemue look like shit though. Pathologic 2 is pure kino, Bannerlord and deadly premonition look kino. Jury is still out on bloodlines 2.

Eagerly awaiting performance on the Switch version of DP1.

STALKER without any mods is pretty fucking janky

>Baldurs gate
we got footage?

Left Alive was a legitimately ambitious game produced by people with no ability at all to execute that ambition, to the point it makes many of those ideas seem horrible

It's mobile game tier

Genuine kusoge. Development was outsourced to not just one, but two different gacha devs. It's horrendous, look up some gameplay footage.

Attached: front mission.jpg (1086x1600, 872K)

Bad bad. I gave it every chance but had to bail out on it, it starts out feeling like it could be a tolerable jank game but pretty quickly turns into a genuinely awful experience.

You couldn't even just put it on Easy and walk through it to experience whatever it's story was, it was so hatefully difficult on the minimum difficulty levels to the point they literally patched in a Super Easy mode

And yeah, as mentioned it actually has some pretty neat ideas but it had no fucking clue whatsoever how to implement them so it's just left with a pile of hot garbage. The stealth is hilariously inconsistent, everything and it's mother is an absolute bullet sponge, snipers will shoot you through things they shouldn't be able to, and the boss fights... Oh god, the fucking boss fights.
My personal favorite part is how whenever there's an enemy moving in any direction within fifty feet of you your robot-phone-thing starts going CAUTION, THE ENEMY IS APPROACHING! CAUTION, THE ENEMY IS APPROACHING! over and over again. Someone thought that was a good idea.
I tuned in to some Jap streams when it released over there and they were just kinda depressing. Had some nice talks in google-translated moonrunes about the series with them.

>ah yes the people liked the game because of the awful gameplay!

A game that doesn't crash every 5 seconds

Attached: 1567582447029.png (207x180, 61K)

pic related is mutated forrest kaysen

The game and what it conveys develops through this gameplay. You likely don't understand why anyone likes Drakengard's "awful" gameplay.

Underrated

same case for alpha protocol's jank ass gameplay.
or unmodded oblivion

This, getting the exact same problems. Not just in the car, but seemingly within about 30 minutes of playing, ALL audio cuts out. saving/reloading doesn't fix it, you have to completely close the game through the home menu and re-launch it, only to happen again soon after. Literally happened 3 times within the first 2 hours of playing. There's charming jank and then there's this, which is outright broken. You can't appreciate the game at any level if you can't fucking hear anything.

Prophetic first post

Attached: 1418102076112.png (239x167, 88K)

Ah, memory leaks, my good friends. How's it beyond that?

looks really neat

To be fair, out of all the beloved jank games, Alpha Protocol is one of the least janky. It's core gameplay is mostly pretty functional and nothing really bad.

The games main failing is unpatched bugs, especially the save system hard crash bug. Christ that one was obnoxious.

>pc master ra-

It runs at 1080p but with the same weird DoF downscaling from the other games, so it looks better than 360/PS3 versions at least. Frame rate is maybe a little more consistent, but still some major dips, FPS seems to be unlocked for some reason, a lot of menus run at a very smooth 60FPS which is a little jarring when most of the game is sub-30, especially when driving in town.Though in some very simple areas (looking at a wall/door-opening scenes) it actually shoots up to about 60, for a few seconds. But honestly this audio bug is so annoying I don't think I'm going to play any more until it's patched. Definitely wouldn't recommend buying it right now.

the boss fight with brayko is one of the jankiest fucking things i've played. hell even in all the gameplay videos everyone has the same thing: when he gets close to melee you and you try to shoot him it's just pain incarnate and the camera goes wild.

OOoOoO im having ptsd.

just googled the issue and found this posted to reddit 30mins ago
>Spoke with the publisher on Facebook about the audio issues and they replied with this: "There is a patch coming soon which is aimed to address a few things including the audio drop out issues"

I mean D1 from what I played isnt "awful". The core gameplay is fine, it just has wonky camera controls and seemingly pointless jump button.

Thank christ, the PC version crashes constantly for me and I hate playing on PS3. Also one more thing to add to my port analysis is that it saves and loads surprisingly quickly, much faster than the PS3 version, when installed in system memory.

That's nice. I would've bought it, but 30 bucks is not 20, which is what I expected.

Great news

Attached: 154x9gn-635x423[1].jpg (635x423, 36K)

So I only have access to the PS3 and PC versions. I'd consider the Switch version but with all the audio bugs, it's not really worth it right now and I'm itching for a replay while I still have the time to binge it all. Is the PS3 version "good enough" considering how fuck awful the PC version is?

Attached: retard.png (500x523, 259K)

Just wait a little for the patch.

The PC version is the 'best' one assuming you use the unofficial fix patch

>working with western studios
I bet they don't fucking get what made it good and it'll be dogshit. Think Dead Rising 4

Not really.
I used various patches from the wikis as well as other solutions and it was outright broken to a point where it corrupted saves or put in past points of no return so I had to drop it or start over and hope for the best.

Just look at the steamforums. Plenty of people used the unofficial patch and still had issues.

Funnily enough, another time I tried to play the game I actually got further without the patch

SWERY is writing and directing it though. If anything it'll at least be DR2.

Dead Rising 4 was made by americans. DP2 is written and directed by Swery. Also, DP1 was also done with help of westerners.
Not even that, Dead Rising 2 was directed by an american.

>while also making The Good Life and other projects
Maybe I'm pessimistic but I'm getting to the age where I'm used to being disappointed.

I cried.
I LOVE deadly premonition. It is my favourite game ever.

Normally I know when people are working on games so this came as such a surprise. I NEVER KNEW we would get this or that this was even worked on.

I hope this will be good but I think deadly premonition is The Room of video games.
Wiseau turned shit once he went
>OH I am crap on purpose. This was all planned as a joke

I think it might be the same with DP2. We all know the controls and many things just suck about DP but this makes the game great.
How will Swery copy this?
Also I just want Agent York and not this black agent chick.

Still I am super super excited and happy that this game even exists but I can not imagine that what Swery pulled of with DP1 can be repeated again.

Attached: MV5BYjEzN2FlYmYtNDkwMC00NGFkLWE5ODctYmE5NmYxNzE2MmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMwODc5Mw@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 11K)

>Working with western studios
Which western studios?

>DP2 is written and directed by Swery.
Which could just mean that the team bought the rights and just contracted Swery to write some lines and give pointers.

We know nohting about it, and his involvement could mean nothing in the end.
It could not just be another janky as fuck game, but also a janky as fuck game that feels outsourced as fuck, and without the soul of the original because Swery literally phoned it in.

50/50.

>Wiseau turned shit once he went
Spaceworld is good.

Attached: dims.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

>Which could just mean that the team bought the rights and just contracted Swery to write some lines and give pointers.
???
How the fuck is writing and directing mean that it's outsourced and has minimal input? What are you on about my dude?

You're thinking of the "creative consultant" role, not a goddamn director.

What's this mystery team you speak of?

You're not thinking straight. There is already a basic staff listing. The studio making the game was cofounded by the original producer of Deadly Premonition, White Owls (SWERY's studio) is confirmed also working on it. It is directed and written by SWERY, no consultant role there. You're just going out of your ass to not do some basic research.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=X3IzOLyuNz0

Not only that, but Kenji Goda, long time partner of SWERY, is also co-writing the game.

He also co-wrote the first Deadly Premonition.

It's Happening Again

Yes, "classic"

Based.

even the most cynical balding fuck in the whole industry got a jolt when he saw the name.

twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1169417230628601857

Jim Sterling too.

And Woolie himself barely does anything anymore. Last stream was a month ago.

Shit gameplay but funny and likeable characters in a batshit story.

Why do I keep seeing people mention a "tranny game" that Swery did?

>everything I don't like is tranny/reddit
That's it. This is discord mind

You, I like you.

Attached: 1558388266488.gif (512x384, 1.1M)

The Missing / The Good Life apparently have themes that are related with trans people.

DP did too t bh

yeah but it painted them as crazy murderous freaks.

Third party here: Your entire argument is "A game MAY crash...therefore it is 100% unenjoyable". I hope you realize you're losing.

I'm only 29 and my hair looks like that :(

Twin Peaks did too

The Missing was about trannies though. I'll be sad if DP2 is centered around them too.

Viva Pinata 3
Banjo 3
Conker 3
Perfect Dark 3

>Banjo 3
here you go :)

Attached: 220px-Banjo-Kazooie_Nuts_%26_Bolts_Game_Cover.jpg (220x274, 31K)

Yup. So...

Do you think it's worth replaying if I already 100%'ed the game ? Last time I played it was at purchase, 2013.

Attached: Sans titre.png (988x363, 251K)

that's up to you user.

Attached: dwarf.gif (409x264, 486K)

Fuck off, that game was good but it wasn't banjo 3. It's the definition of people screaming "HURR DURR GAME BAD" because it's just not what they want.

here you go :)

Attached: banjogba.jpg (1474x1472, 695K)

you guys feel like we might be in the alternative timeline from the main one? like deadly premonition getting a sequel is by no exaggeration a monkey paw wish come true. what next godhand 2?

Attached: 06e401be144f5c80cb11678f296421ae.jpg (400x400, 23K)

many posts like this have been made

A new SaGa game with proper funds.

i hope it comes to either ps4 or pc later on. this looks interesting as fuck.

>He actually 100% DP on PC
madlad, how many crash did you have ?

i shoulda probably read the thread. glad no one used my example at least

at least you posted a cute pearl pic.

Surprisingly I can count them on one hand, I know a lot of people weren't as lucky as me though.

I'd even buy this if it was epic store exclusive forever

Is there any difference between the PS3 version and the Switch version of the first Deadly Premonition?

I would pirate it like I do with every game ever lmao

Attached: 1548526097429.jpg (960x958, 69K)

switch version has shitty audio. cuts out randomly and its also really low bit rate

Switch currently has memory leaks that will be patched eventually (as the company claims). Seems to run better overall, but it's DP so...

The DP2 trailer already seems to run at 15fps so I guess it's already shaping up to be another technical marvel.

There is literally no reason to play deadly premonition instead of just watching a no commentary playthrough on youtube.

Why are casuals so proud now? Just shut up. Jesus fuck.

incel *dab*

I've never watched twin peaks and I loved the first game

watch it now.

If you loved the game, you'd love Twin Peaks

where's the best place to watch it? Might check it out soon

the game has some pretty fun sidequests though, I assume most of players would pass them

The blurays are good. If not, just download the show through torrents.

I’m just happy they exist dude

Hopefully

His Instagram makes it sound like he's deeply involved in the project.

Weird worked near instantly for me

It’s called the dock retard.

very useful ones too, one of them gives you something that lets you teleport anywhere infintely.

My biggest worry is that with it having 2 settings at 2 different times that it might end up as a linear cinematic experience.

shit sequel to a shit game

In the states it appears to be available on both netflix and hulu right now

>game will take influence from Twin Peaks: The Return now
I'm ready

Attached: file.png (640x360, 460K)

>Special Agent Francis York Morgan spends the entire game brain damaged and mute except for one side quest

Attached: 27927-14808-2632.jpg (712x720, 79K)

The marketing tagline for the game is literally "It's happening again".

No where did they mention PS4, but that’s a Sony site so not surprised by the editorializing. I’d bet it ends like octopath.

or just pirate it.

OKAY HOLD ON

Is the Switch port of the first game any good? I've seen absolutely fucking nothing about it anywhere

Attached: 1526659136644.png (385x378, 201K)

By now, it seems to be better than the other consoles' but it has memory leaks that lead to audio cutouts. It's being worked on.

It’s better but it’s still DP so expect some jank and memory leaks

from what i've seen it plays worse than the 360 but better than pc/ps3