Arcsys

Has Arcsys ever made an original IP that didn't have an utterly incomprehensible story?

Attached: BlazBlue_Calamity_Trigger_(Japanese_Cover,_Xbox_360).jpg (500x703, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VFylEGx0AlM
youtu.be/rJR8V8XZ1o8
youtube.com/watch?v=liQVJT4S3lU
youtu.be/ut2uiNkGGds
youtu.be/yYF-PVtKGIk
youtu.be/lVDbXSaaNtM
youtu.be/muc1ruu-EDg
youtu.be/ISpVDKqfUm0
youtube.com/watch?v=VrPEQb0TgR8
youtu.be/BtQk1ewJXRY
youtube.com/watch?v=1vvJS3C4PIw
youtu.be/3DoxSUNlQHI
youtube.com/watch?v=OXByv5G_tR4
youtu.be/qF0aqay1kc4
youtube.com/watch?v=7bYDMweRlgE
youtube.com/watch?v=XFhwjQCVhDc
discord.gg/9H7wUn
youtube.com/watch?v=KjvfU9xc7z8
youtube.com/watch?v=D3HvN04HsFE
youtube.com/watch?v=z4s_Nltytjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guilty Gear started simple enough, but it was a downhill from there

they should stop with the time travelling stuff desu

Yeah the first Guilty Gear was simple enough to comprehend

Blazblue was always incomprehensible though, threw you into the thick of things with little context for anything.

The only thing that really bothers me about GG is there's a lot of tying-together information scattered in too many fucking places, and until xrd they ran the show under the "we don't gotta explain shit" rule. It took like what, five entries to even get a vague idea of what the PWAB even was, despite it coming up in all of them?
You want a game with big brain comprehension levels, you go back to Xenosaga and its endless Trek-tier pseudo-science. GG's pretty slack tier.

So here's the thing, Blazblue's plot is actually relatively simple. The basic premise is that the world is slated to end and various characters are either trying to save it or take control of the robot that runs the world so they can remake the new world and whatever image they want. The problem is that BlazBlue has so much proprietary dialogue for even the simplest things that the simplest things become impossible to understand

wait, did BlazBlue art really use to look like that

Calamity Trigger is simple enough.
Continuum Shift is where it gets crazy and I fucking love it.
I enjoyed Chronophantasm as well, but never played the last game. I was pissed that they didn't do an English sub. Is it worth playing?

Attached: 1567638038326m.jpg (1024x922, 77K)

**Dub. My bad.

Mechanically Central fiction is the Apex of BlazBlue. As far as how the game please it's probably the best the series is going to see for a long time. As for a story I didn't care as much and was mostly just invested in the actual ending. You didn't think Ragna was going to have a happy ending did you?

So BlazBlue actually interchanges artists. The covers for Calamity trigger and Chrono phantasma were done by Toshimichi Mori. The covers for Continuum Shift and Central fiction were done by Yuuki Katou.

Please don't spoil shit for me :(
I just really wanted the English cast back for the last game. I remember getting Continuum Shift II for my 3DS back when there was nothing on the system and falling in love with it. It basically jump-started my edgy anime emo phase in 8th grade lol

BB's art has always been incredibly inconsistent

Patrick Seitz was a fantastic Ragna and honestly I more often hear him versus his Japanese VA. I like David Vincent as Jin although though I don't like him as Hakumen.

Would Ragna in Smash have been better received than Terry?

Attached: 1564501108270.jpg (528x414, 32K)

Even though BlazBlue is way more popular than I ever thought it would be I don't think it's halfway popular enough to be welcomed into smash with open arms

Neither do I, but moreso than Terry maybe?

it was great

Attached: bb-noel-vermillion.jpg (700x1000, 97K)

Is a Ragna who doesn't say "shit" or "bastard" really Ragna?

Terry has a wider appeal than any Arcsys character.

you might just wanna watch a playthrough of the story
since its pretty much ALL STORY you sit and read

Terry's also iconic even if the games aren't as popular as they used to be.

I prefer Katou's art by a country mile

Attached: 49631.jpg (256x300, 34K)

Lol true enough
Damn, these games really did have god-tier character design

terrible taste

>tfw I almost dressed up as Hazama for Halloween when I was 15
>not for a cosplay party
>not for any party
>just for hanging out with my extended family
Thank God that didn't happen

Attached: 1562080212269.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

I've never played a character as insanely creative gameplaywise as Rachel. She's a lab monsters dream

Attached: rachel_visual.png (803x1271, 957K)

I've never played a character as completely honest gameplaywise as Arakune. He's a honorable players dream.

Attached: bug.png (2178x3063, 2.81M)

>The problem is that BlazBlue has so much proprietary dialogue for even the simplest things that the simplest things become impossible to understand

This, even the first game made it feel like you missed an entire game's worth of story because you've got no idea what the hell anybody is referring to.

Isn't this most fighting games? UNIST's arcade mode is a good example

Only anime games seem to struggle with writing comprehensible story lines.

So does anyone know why they retconed Hakumen's backstory?

Not really, they retcon all the shit every fucking game either because they had a cool idea they wanted to try or they just changed their mind or they didn't know what else to do.

They did? How?

not surprising
I blame the format of "arcade" stories attempting to establish a premise.

Blazblue is a unique nightmare. Most fighting game stories have the problem where you have to kind of wait until the next game to figure out which endings were canon. With Blazblue every fucking ending is technically canon because of the time loop bullshit in the first game and the Continuum Shift simulations in the second game. So you have to kind of guess which ones are the canon timeline that connects to the true end and which ones are just side stories that technically never happened.

It's like if you made a coherent story out of Schrodinger's cat. Except everyone is in the box. And they're all anime. And some characters know they're in a box but can't really do anything about it. And everything outside the box is dead. And also both god and the computer humans made to usurp god are also just outside the box.

In Calamity Trigger Hakumen's arcade ending stated Hakumen found out the truth about the black beast being a man made creation and that he was sealed in the boundary by either the people themselves or some group who also knew the truth that didn't like him running his mouth.
This was retconed into the Terumi fight getting him stuck in the boundary.

In the end just what were Noel's felings for Ragna? Did she want his dead spike or was she just a major brocon?

their interactions were cut at times, Ragna should have taught her how to cook

Attached: 1527047830157.jpg (820x1024, 209K)

new mainline BB when? I miss my girl tsubaki

Ragna is just her big brother at the end of the day

>Hakumen found out the truth about the black beast being a man made creation
Which is absolutely fucking insane that humanity put ALL OF THEIR EGGS in the "skynet turning into god" basket.

Ragna was such a good big bro that his sister completed ditched romance despite wanting a boyfriend back in her high school days to become a celebate nun far away from men especially that horndog Kagura.

That's pretty based when you think about it. Mai and Makoto should thank him because their precious little Noellil will be pure forever

Attached: Noelnun.png (1920x1080, 889K)

Probably had a crush on him. Now that I think about it all the Saya clones did. Did Saya want to get CARNAGE SCIZORED?

Best possible end for Noel. Given her buried contempt for the human race that's always under the surface the military was probably the worst possible path for her. Let her live in peace

>Did Saya want to get CARNAGE SCIZORED?
Possibly. Izanami actually approached Ragna at one point and offered Terumi's head if Ragna would "be mine."

Heh, even after dressing like a cheap prostitute Noel is incapable of seducing men.

user, the first game had Amaterasu unit shennanigans, it was so fucked up that I don't know how continuum shift even happened in first place.

Man they went full retard.
>Fuck these reality warping little girls super soldiers we made are kicking our ass
>I KNOW LETS MAKE A MONSTER THAT IS IMMUNE TO QUANTUM PHYSICS
>fuck he's kicking our ass now
>let's reset the universe
>Little girl highjacks their universe making machine

They should have known. Little girls are never to be trusted with magical powers.

even now I don't understand why Jin wants to kill Ragna. I know his katana makes him unhinged but I get the feeling there's more to it.

Part of it is I guess Hazama messed up his mind but surely someone would've called that out at this point and told Jin to chill.

Ragna is hated by the world itself. So much so that the world gave his brother the power of order just so he can kill Ragna. Also Hazama mind rape and PTSD.

Blazblue's story isn't very complicated. It just has lots of convoluted mechanics for magic and shit.

CT is Endless Eight, but there are some Haruhi clones.
Almost nothing happens in CS.
CP is everyone fighting over the big wish machine and then Ragna finds out he's part of a closed time loop.
CF is some more fighting over the giant wish machine.

It's been a while since I played them, so I could be off a little bit, but that's what I remember.

There are a few factors, but the major ones is that Ragna was basically his whole world when he was little, and that the sword made his obsession stronger (partially because of Ragna sharing his affection with Saya while Jin never liked her).

Ragna was (part) of the black beast that attacked way back in the past, right? Plus he had the potential to cause another black beast thing. And in the first game it was Ragna the rebel vs Jin the esteemed Library dude. A lot of it's because of that, although Jin really goes off the rails from just that.

Black beast stuff is also some of the reason that Hakumen hates Ragna, right? Someone please straighten me out if I got it wrong.

As someone who played Tager in CT, or as someone who just played CT, Arakune has not always been an honest character.

Guilty Gear. It has better music, story, characters and gameplay than BlazBlue.

She should have big tiddies like Baiken if she wants to attract men.

They both have great music.

Pretty much. I never had any real difficulty understanding the story at all. My only real problem with it is that Chronophantasma has nothing to do with anything and is just a dragged out installment entirely about Celica that amounts to nothing.

I like pre-Xrd GG music, but honestly very few tracks afterwards are all that good. So far BB has had really amazing shit like The Tyrant

The basic gist of it is this: before the entire world fucking died mankind made a computer to go outside of time and space and hijack the robot that is the functional god that has total control of all time and matter and reality. Except oops, one of the cyborg waifus humanity was fighting against already hijacked it. And that cyborg waifu had a plan. That plan was for her OC husbanado to come rescue her from her sad plight and for everyone to get along. 3 guesses as to who that husbanado ended up being. And anytime something happens that prevents that from happening the waifu will get mad, reset time, and tell reality to do it all again and do it right this time.

That's the reason for the time loops. The computer is still mandated to hijack the god robot by the way and make a world of perfect order for humans. But unlike the God waifu it can't control reality like it can. So instead it uses observers to kind of nudge events towards a path that end with it winning. This went on for thousands on top of THOUSANDS of years... until the end of Calamity Trigger where the God waifu finally chose not to reset time.

The computer basically said
>Holy shit time is actually moving forward again! Now what? If we make one wrong move we might fuck everything up
So it basically ran every single simulation possible of all possible events until it could come to a decision of how to actually move forward. And yes that includes considering giving Ragna a pair of glasses that makes women lust after him. Nothing was off the table. THAT'S the continuum shift.

>has nothing to do with anything and is just a dragged out installment
So just like Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift and Central Fiction then?

>Order? Power? Why the hell should I give a damn?! My brother is trapped in his own private hell and such it is my duty to kill him, to save him, from the insanity of this world!

That's Jin's reason but that only came once he touched Yukinesa and awakened his power of order, see Terumi could not enter Celica's church because she used a barrier to keep him so he lured Saya to a weak point, shattered her mind with Oroburos, gave her Yukianesa to give to Jin and then direct Jin to cut down the barrier surrounding the church so he could enter it.

As such Terumi left Jin where Celica would see him convulsing on the floor and foaming at the mouth because Yukianesa was effectively destroying his mind, however despite Celica pulling on Jin he would not let go of that sword, in that moment Terumi stabbed Celica in the back, cut off Ragna's hand when he arrived and took Jin and Saya away.

After that Terumi let Hazama take over and he proceeded to slowly tear apart Saya's soul to make her body suitable for Izanami, Saya begged,scream and pleaded for her brother to ave her from the pain until in a last ditch effort to escape it she broke her soul into fragments, fragments that would later find a home within the murakumo units 11 through 13 with the remainder still within her now shattered body

And that's how it all went down, suffice to say when Hazama gloated about how much he enjoyed torturing Saya in that way Ragna went balastic, even more because at that moment Hazama had dangled Rachel over a cauldron and was stabbing her with death blows wondering how many times he'd have to kill her for her to finally die

All the other stories actually futhered the plot and the characters. Chronophantasma is, as admitted by Mori, an in-between since they originally intended to make 3 games, but that shit turned into Celica: The Game. The entire plot focuses on Celica and follows Celica everywhere, and by the end, Celica ends up contributing absolutely NOTHING and the issue gets solved without her. None of the main trio are progressed in any meaningful way because Noel's personal development in CP is ignored for CF because of mindwipes, Jin doesn't do anything, and Ragna is more of a driver for Celica in the the story. On top of that, they had to shove in an adaptation of Phase 0 that had very little to do with the overall plot to even make the story tellable.

is probably the closest. Jin is under orders by the power of order to kill Ragna. The katana ramps up his emotions by 11. So it goes from "I must kill you brother" to "HAHAHA LET'S KILL EACH OTHER TEEHEE!!1!"

Up until CS where Jin began learning how to actually control his sword

Is any of the BlazBlue side material even important to the overall plot? I can understand Remix Heart and its sequel Variable Heart, as well as Phase Shift, since they all seem to be directly tied to the main BB plot. Its history, mostly. But what about XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience? From what I understand of either, they both seem like: "Here's some more magical going-ons that are very distantly connected to the actual BlazBlue plot. Have fun! :D". Almost feels like Mori just wanted to flex his artistic and writing muscles some more without jeopardizing what was left of BlazBlue's plot lol. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, I'd say.

Attached: 072FAEE8-D4C1-4598-8D6A-48764C08D477.jpg (850x1200, 204K)

>End of CS Taokaka said she was going to join Ragna on his journey
>Awesome. Can't wait to see Tao be relevant to the plot and to see her grow as a character
>She immediately leaves to do fuck all
Was this the biggest fuck you in BB history?

Then there's xblaze and remix heart, Mai's first enterance into the series after 2 manga of build up is getting beat the fuck up by Relius in her arcade mode that he left her hospitalized and in the main story getting beaten up by Hazama in one attack defending Noel

Then there's Es, none of her character from Xblaze code embryo or lost memories is refernced in blazblue proper, Es grew into a personality that liked riddles and was rather playful, her friendship with Nine and Celica i not referenced, her being an azure maiden like Noel never matters because Noel and her never meet and there's absolutely no explanation on why she's the azure's chosen when at the end of lost memories she lost the power of azure after using the last of it to defeat Freaks with Touya, even Bloodedge Experience doesn't really matter as Naoto was younger there and nowhere near as capable with his powers as he is in the game, in fact it's a mystery how he grew at all as he only had 1 year in his novel to cure his vampirism before he turned into a monster and killed his love interest who wasn't Raquel but rather a girl who looked alot like Celica, he even had his own Nu and she had big tits but apparently she died between his novel and Central Fiction

CP did further the plot and characters a little. It shuffled them around and set things up which were immediately retconned in CF when things got reset again, but all these games had resets in them.

Bang finally got to use his goddamn nail.
They tried to give Carl something to do to resolve the stuff with his sister.
Litchi finally had someone offer to help her with her Arakune problem.
Tsubaki had a story arc.

It's not a ton but it's not nothing.

>humanity finds the controls for time and space
>creates a clone to use as an interface/pilot
>child operating system goes mad
Then
>So it basically ran every single simulation possible of all possible events until it could rescue itself from itself
Only the 'stimulations' were actual realities that the crazy god machine child slave played out. I'm still pissed about Tager: He's curb stomped and too weak to save his men so he asks kokonoe to Frankenstein his ass and remove the memory of his failure. I mean, what the fuck? That's just horribly depressing.

>Terumi let Hazama

I thought they were the same person, with the green haired body being an entirely different person.

It's okay. Most characters have absolutely nothing to do.

>Bullet runs into Ragna in a restaurant
>Goes to a tournament
>Beat to a pulp by Azrael so Ragna has to save her
>Maybe joins Sector Seven?

This is all she does in the games she's in.

Attached: 1558214611431.jpg (512x576, 84K)

And it happened again in the next game, she just said she was going to get food and then was never seen again. Fate of a joke character I suppose.

Remind me, did Amane do anything beyond showing up until the fucking end of CF?

Don't think so. I haven't played the games in a while, but I feel like he spends literally all his time onscreen just saying coy things to people. I don't remember if he actually does anything.

He asked Carl to be his personal shota and bullied Rachel. And that's about it.

From my understanding

Wheel of Fortune Drama CD is the timeloop Hakumen is from that details his backstory into becoming Hakumen

Phase shift novels 0 through 4 or was it 5 detail the beginning and end of the dark war

Remix and Variable Heart detail the high school years of Noel and her friends through Mai's eyes

Bloodedge Experience 1 and 2 50 years after their events of xblaze code embryo and lost memories

Code embryo and Lost Memories are 150 years before the Black Beast touched down in Japan and destroyed it

Dark War Experience is an alternate possibility born from the end of Central Fiction where the Noel and Sector Seven are at war with each other but several characters are still alive in their era with major differences, there is no Ragna, Nu instead has a red jacket, a mind but still the murakumo, Bullet wears pants, Trinity was taken over by Terumi, Nine is still alive ect

This is trash that flopped thankfully

To be fair alot of the roster got fucked over. Carl was only tangentially connected to the main plot just like arakune and litchi and tager and tao and...

So every fucking story-line but the one where ragna defeats nu is non-canon?, then how the fuck Hakumen and Bloodedge happened?

Sorry, not Noel, the N.O.L. Noel is still Jin's sect here as well

He explains some stuff near the end of Central Fiction or something, it's been a while.

One of the nice things about BB is that all the side material is genuinely just optional stuff. If you play the games then you'll have everything you need.

I know what all these words mean individually but in context they mean nothing.

Attached: 1005.jpg (500x333, 26K)

>Bullet wears pants

Attached: why.jpg (292x302, 25K)

Oh dear. So Terumi is actually a rogue god. That's not an exaggeration Terumi is one of 3 bonafide gods except he abandoned his body when he decided he didn't like taking orders anymore. Humanity ended up finding his empty body floating in the boundary while Terumi himself conned his way into a body Relius made for him... that ended up wandering off for a while until he tracked it down. And then he had to double con Platinum into loosening the million and two fail safes Nine put in place to keep the exact thing that ended up happening from happening. Oops.

So yes Hazama is his own distinct character from Terumi

>then how the fuck Hakumen and Bloodedge happened?
All the realities actually happened, they were all one reality that kept being re-set. Hakuman was in the boundary (outside of time and space) and unaffected by the re-set, bloodedge is a possible ragna pulled directly from a timeline that happend and was re-set into a timeline as it was playing out. Everything happening actually happened, right up until it didn't but you could scoop a bit from one happening and plop it into another.

I'm still lost.

So Susanoo abandons his body and becomes the disembodied Yuki Terumi. Relus creates the artificial human Kazuma as a new vessel for Terumi.

So Hazama is just the identity Terumi takes after possessing Kazuma? I thought that was just Terumi calling himself Terumi.

This is some Kingdom Hearts grade shit here.

Remind me what the hell they mean by the power of order

The black beast is self "observing" so it is immune time shenanigans. Since Ragna becomes the Black Beast before just being Bloodedge he is insured to always exist in a timeline that has the black beast. As for Hakumen I have no clue maybe boundary fuckery.

Hazama was meant to just be a body for Terumi, but he ended up manifesting his own ego. It's why there's a whole section in CF about him betraying Terumi and getting one up on him so that he can fuck around on his own, and it's why he goes completely batshit with torturing Rachel in front of Ragna.

The moment Terumi takes control of Kazuma he kills the personality that lived in the body. Hazama is the Terumi+Kazuma hybrid and even when Terumi leaves the body enough is left over for Hazuma to continue on.

>Bullet wears pants
I love how this was such a significant change that it needed to be noted. But more importantly thank you the debriefing. I knew I was forgetting something, that something being The Wheel of Fortune. And it seems BB Alternative: Dark War will be where we finally see Alpha-01-'s formal introduction to the series.

I always thought that as well, even with the few readings and synopses I had read. They really are all just supplementary readings/experiences, and I think it's a good way of going about doing things.

like I said, ignore it, dark war alternative was extremely stupid, so stupid Mori abandoned it less than a year after it launched, seriously what the hell was he thinking shoving sector seven vs the N.O.L yet still having Isana around let alone Trinity,Nine and then fucking Raquel and still having them all have the same backstories in that setting? None of it mad any since whatsoever,i swear at times Mori must think he works at Type moon because his stories are almost is incoherent as the Fate franchise

>Terumi leaves the body

So... that suggests Terumi can exist afterwards without a body? What is this form supposed to be?

Attached: YÅ«ki_Terumi.png (1357x1975, 2.27M)

So Terumi is Susanoo. Susanoo just decided to call himself Terumi because... fuck it I don't know. But god or not you can't continue to exist without a body. So he got Relius to make him a body in exchange for some science. That body is Kazuma which Terumi has been living in but Kazuma did have a will of his own up until Terumi poisoned his mind and turned him from a mild mannered dude to a sadistic asshole. After Terumi was found out because of course he was he was thrown into the boundary.

Right up until the computer decided to let him out to shake things up and maybe stop the fucking time loops.

>mfw Guilty Gear is just Ishiwatari sharing his playlist
Based

It's literally Hazama in a coat. It's the form he takes when he appears in visions to Kazuma in Phase 0. In CP, Trinity gives Terumi his own physical body iirc in order to beat him, but Terumi is slippery as fuck and refuses to die.

>In CP, Trinity gives Terumi his own physical body iirc in order to beat him

So there's TWO Terumis now then, Hazama, who is basically just Terumi in Kazuma's body, and a Terumi who is his own man/body.

That sounds like a really bad idea.

BB is the apex of anime retardation. I love the games but god damn is the story dumb

>That sounds like a really bad idea
It was and it came back to bite them in the ass, because Trinity always fucks things up. In CF, Terumi and Hazama are basically running around doing different things in different places, which is what led to Terumi being able to sneak into the Alucard Mansion and take back his old form (ie Susanoo). It's told in the story, but it's shown in their respective arcade routes.

Attached: Hazama_(Centralfiction,_arcade_mode_illustration,_5,_type_B).png (1920x918, 2.23M)

>Blaz Blue
>Guilty Gear
What's next?

Still the best intro in the series
youtu.be/VFylEGx0AlM
>Theme plays for final boss fight
YES!

Well the plan was separate Terumi from his body and then Hakumen could Time Killer him out of existence. The only problem is that Terumi is a fucking god. Time Killer only works on things that are subject to things like... time. If Time Killer didn't work on Izanami it definitely wasn't going to work on Terumi. It still hurt like a bitch though and he had to jump through hoops to get back to full power

Guilty Blue
Just make it happen already Arcsys you fucks

Crosstag Battle

Battle Fantasia

So they're basically Ansem and Xemnas.

That's more accurate than I'm comfortable with

Riot Rage

>which is what led to Terumi being able to sneak into the Alucard Mansion and take back his old form (ie Susanoo)

So that suggests his original Susanoo form is more powerful. What was the point of abandoning that body in the first place?

He wanted FREEDOM
Basically even though he was stronger before, he didn't have any self agency under Amaterasu. Thus, he split off from the Susanoo Unit and fucked up the entire world until he had successfully removed all the arbitration, and retook his form.

Attached: 1477603279896.png (815x1015, 511K)

>Hakumen gets ass kicked
>Rachel theme playing youtu.be/rJR8V8XZ1o8
>Starts fading away
>"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen. The end has come!"
>Stops fading away just because he's MOTIVATED
Anime shit, but I still love it

So the original world before the time fuckery of BB is still exist?

Because as long as he inhabits Susano'o he MUST follow Amaterasu's orders. Which he HATES. This entire plot kicked off when Susano'o abandoned his body and Susano'o decided he'd break all of Amaterasu's shit out of spite

Isn't Takemikazuchi also named after a Japanese god? Why isn't it a big deal like Susanoo and Amaterasu, it's just a glorified orbital laser/giant monster. Is Blazblue secretly just a retelling of Japanese myths?

No. It's dead. The Black Beast, which by the way humans made voluntarily, killed literally everything. And I mean everything. The only remnant from the orginal world is The Origin aka the one Murakumo that hijacked Amaterasu and took control of reality

Who/what is Amaterasu? I remember Terumi screaming the name in CS without context and that's about it.

I know it's going to look very ignorant, considering how pivotal it is to the series, but could someone please explain to me what the "Boundary/Sheol" is in the context of the series? All I... believe, I understand is:
>it fucking sucks and you don't want to be in there
>absolutely stuffed with Seither/Magic Element and provides access to the Azure (the latter of which is found out later)
>Cauldrons provide access to the Boundary(?)
>>Cauldrons can be used to smelt a Nox Nyctores, the Lux Sanctus: Murakumo, for the Prime Field Devices, and can be used to combine a Murakumo Unit PFD alongside one equipped an Azure Grimoire. Success smelts them into Kusanagi, a perfect PFD much like the Zeroth, failure creates a Black Beast
>humans can't explore it so they made the Prime Field Devices to do it for them
>>Zeroth PFD came in contact with The Azure (Amaterasu Unit?) and gained sentience (what becomes "True Saya"?); humans canned the project IMMEDIATELY
>being in there fucks you up hard; (if I'm remembering correctly) Hakumen lost up to 80% of his maximum power from his time in there, and Lotte "Roy" Carmine was warped physically and mentally beyond repair into "Arakune"

Attached: C1E412EA-C036-4C25-90F1-7C86FB61F6A7.png (2048x768, 1.56M)

Amaterasu is basically the "God" of the world they're in. The big machine Saya is trapped inside. It arbitrates everything due to being the supreme God.

unist doesn't even have a story, just a set up for one

Amaterasu is god. It's also a machine that is powered by the Azure. It's function is the creation of reality. It holds command over the other 2 gods, Tsukuyomi which guards and defends both Amaterasu and time itself. And Susano'o who destroys time. And yes this means at full power Susano'o doesn't just kill you, it destroys the very time you ever existed in without creating a paradox.

Mankind realized that if God was a machine then it could be controlled. And that's what started this whole mess

everything you just typed gave me a headache and I wish I could understand it, but I don't have context for any of it.

wait, so that game actually launched? I haven't heard about it in fucking ages

So basically this shit started because scientists from the Original World created Black Beast and The Origin (First Saya)?

It has a bit of a story but it's a pretty quick "fight everyone to maybe get ultimate power" kind of deal.

why the fuck was he so strong

Attached: 12491944910.png (1298x1979, 1.82M)

Attached: relius.jpg (468x640, 52K)

It's basically the outside of time and space. All information from every timeline, all existence, all power, everything that ever was or will be is dumped into the nothingness that is The Boundary. And somewhere at the bottom is Amaterasu and The Azure.

But mortal beings can't approach what basically amounts to infinity. And any mortal that tries basically is pulled apart at the seams

Because he simply does not give a fuck.

The Boundary is basically the rift between parallel worlds. If you get thrown in there, then your body will basically be shredded into pieces, and if you somehow survive, you'll just be tossed into another parallel world and/or time. It's where they discovered the Master Unit and the Susanoo Unit, since it contains an unlimited amount of energy (ie seithr).
Cauldrons are just doors there, nothing else.
Humans are not supposed to make contact with the Master Unit, since it basically lets them alter how the world is Observed and functions. Takamagahara is a human-made inferior "replica" that allowed humanity to intervene with how the Master Unit functioned.

The only people who can survive in the Boundary are immensely powerful (like Hakumen), literally immortal (like Rachel), or Relius (Relius).

Attached: Opening_(Continuum_Shift,_Story_Mode_Illustration,_1).png (1280x720, 539K)

>powered by the Azure
You lost me already

They did, at CS, the 2nd game

Centralfiction was probably my favorite installment, the scene with Rachel and Ragna at the end got me to tear up a bit.
My only problem with the story is that I wish Azrael didn't get to go as wild as I hoped. I got excited as fuck when he punched through dimensional barriers with literally no explanation of how just so he could fight Izanami.

Attached: Azrael & Izanami.png (785x402, 486K)

Sweet jesus fuck, an actual Blazblue thread
I thought I lost all of you

Attached: 1478363654976.gif (500x279, 1.22M)

>My only problem with the story is that I wish Azrael didn't get to go as wild as I hoped
I meant that I wish he got to, of course.

CT had that gothic vibe going on

But then Rachel tore open a portal in time and flung Ragna into the past in CP, the third game.

Most of us are just depressed after Cross Tag happened and the drought of actual BB news. Fuck RWBY.

Attached: Jin sees his anime.gif (1440x900, 352K)

Not him but technically that was pre-CP. The time travel story in CP is literally just the story from Phase 0 retold.

Feels bad knowing most interesting dangling points left in arcade mode are just exactly that

I was expecting him to come out of nowhere to fight Susanoo to unintentionally delay him or something. At least he's in a freezer instead of dead so he can return for an eventual sequel, but it's still depressing.

I'm sorry user, I didn't mean for that to happen. Part of it is that my posts are not exactly the most organized right now, since, as you can tell from my photo's filename, I'm posting from mobile right now lol. The other part is that BlazBlue is just a really bloody confounding series when it wants to be.

Okay this is making much more sense now. Thank you both!

It's been nothing but
>Mai threads that got banned on site
>Makoto threads that devolved into everyone jacking it to one ERPer who got moved to /h/ or /trash/
>Cross Tag shill threads with blitzkampf bandwagoners
>Tao threads that outlasted all of those
It's been fucking shit i tell ya

Attached: 1475893609798.webm (1280x720, 1.95M)

I dropped this series after the second game. Was that a mistake?

I pretty much stopped going to BB threads because of exactly that. I don't even know why I came to this one but I'm glad I did.

Okay I'm gonna condense this as best I can. Humanity discovers the Boundary. Even better they discover Susano'o's vacant body. And they use that to discover Amaterasu, basically god. When they discovered that god was a machine they wondered "what if we could control god." So they experimented and discovered that Amaterasu only responds to humanoids. So they made the Murakumos and started throwing them at Amaterasu. And a few came back. With a sample of Amaterasu's godlike powers.

But because humans are violent apes, they got paranoid and tried to destroy the Murakumos. But by this point not only are the Murakumos basically demigods but they have souls and they don't want to die. So there was a war and humanity got fucked. Yeah humans made the Izayoi which could kill the immortal Murakumos but it wasn't enough.

This is where humanity comes up with the most insane plan ever. They make the computer whos job was to locate and hijack Amaterasu, effectively giving godhood to humans. Humanity also made something to take care of their robot problem. The Black Beast. Completely immune to all forms of time fuckery and godly intervention. And outrageously destructive, it destroyed EVERYTHING. But to humans this was fine because the computer was going to become god and fix everything.

But oops the waifu bot they threw into the Boundary got there first and reset the world to her liking

Attached: 1566996804652.jpg (439x480, 47K)

RWBY sucks and my co-workers who try and recommend it need to back off.

gameplay did get a lot better from the third game on, story remained the same trainwreck so you didn't miss much

Depends on how you see it. CT and CS were pretty bad gameplaywise, and both CP and CF are massive improvements and actually gave BB its own identity in terms of how it plays rather than just being GG-lite. In terms of story CP is really disappointing because it sidelines everyone, but CF is a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Depends why you did. I think if it wasn't doing it for you, the later ones might not change your mind.

Soundtrack just kept getting better every game I swear.

The story stopped being interesting once it consolidated into one time-line, somewhat.
But then Celica, more Tsubakishit, and introducing more characters that don't do anything

it did not, all that was said is that Mori is still working on it, everything we've seen thus far were just concepts. I honestly expect it to go the way of most projects that get canceled, "I'm working on it" will be his excuse until people stop asking and hopefully they stop asking because alternative was terrible from what Mori started with, especially the bit with a hero and heroine you can name and they're effectively self inserts, you'd think he'd learn not to pull that shit again after how much people fucking hated Touya

Ragna, Naoto, Celica, Mai, all had reasons for what they do and had moments where they stepped up because they had to but not Touya, he wined the whole way, he had to have Es wipe his ass for him and even before that he screwed up in other routes so bad that Kuon went blind to save him, Hinata reset the world every time he dies, Something Es starts doing come the next game and Mei flat out turned herself into a Union for him, Touya was infuriating

I liked the characters but just found the story incomprehensible, and since my previous experience with Guilty Gear taught me every iteration in an Arcsys Series is the same game with small new additions, I didn't feel compelled to continue with Blazblue, especially since the storyline made absolutely no sense to me.

The Azure is basically the source of everything. Like the singularity that would become the Big Bang. All things come from and eventually return to the Azure

>But oops the waifu bot they threw into the Boundary got there first and reset the world to her liking

Attached: 10gxkt5.jpg (600x722, 74K)

Thank you, that does help.

So are there any of BB characters came from the Original World?

if you were in for the story then don't worry, you're better off not even touching that mess

Did she do a single thing wrong?

Attached: stray cat.png (1280x722, 1.08M)

Name one fighting game other than Street Fighter that doesn’t have a ridiculously complex plot

You fucking can’t

Attached: 596E9399-D914-409A-8948-385ADC0C06DA.jpg (602x573, 55K)

Only one.

Attached: best dad.png (648x772, 431K)

No wonder he is so strong, he knew this shit from the beginning.

I mean doesn't shit get confusing with Bison, zombie Charlie, and aforementioned Bison wanting to be a little girl?

I am still fucking amazed literally not a SINGLE bad thing happened to him. He got off completely and utterly unscathed.

tekken? The plot is dumb as a brick but it's simple, just a dude, his father and son trying to kill each other

Everything SIN-related is so fucking dumb

Can't play all your villain cards

reminder that tsubaki is cute and did nothing wrong

Yeah but CP butchered the original CT tracks so they're even.

Eat shit

Attached: D04B5CEE-D5D7-4A4C-8546-3CF93061F73D.jpg (475x347, 35K)

Attached: Tsubaki feels.png (400x300, 27K)

>villain
Name three bad things he did. I'll wait.

He turned his wife and daughter into robots

it's his fault carl exists

Ok you have me there.

youtube.com/watch?v=liQVJT4S3lU

Attached: Six Heroes4 - Copy.png (1281x732, 1.75M)

I thought BB was finished? Admittedly I haven't played since CP but I thought the story was over?

damn

It is.

Just here to say that Ragna is best boy.

Attached: 2C57960E-28DB-4A2E-AB6D-6C67ED0B89D4.jpg (566x800, 184K)

Mori said that it's the end of Ragna's story, but also not the end of BlazBlue story. Also keep in mind that despite what the FGC impressions might give you, BB is basically the moneymaker for Arcsys.

Based.

Attached: Ragna birthday.jpg (2500x1785, 841K)

Mori said
>ragna's story is over
So the other chucklefucks who never got development have a shot

It's basically over

Ragna decides to stay with The Origin and fulfills her wish. The Origin in turn resets the world at peace but without Ragna in it. No one has any memory of him although Rachel can't help but feel like she's missing someone important

The most surprising thing about CF was that the story made me like Naoto way more than I ever thought I would. He looked like he'd be a boring bitchboy.

Yes, there was finally a conclusion to the story. However, then there was a bit of a sequel hook in the world they showed at the end of the game.

>tfw he’ll never get his happy ending
Does anyone have a list consisting of all the ways he suffered?

Inoffensive interactions, fun playstyle, and bitching theme/sfx/voice does a lot

Attached: DSgp86jUEAIb18W.png orig.png (1674x552, 510K)

>try her best to not intervene in the events in the world
>end up falling for a guy but isn't allowed to actually help him
>literally can't help but want to help him
>get her powers constantly declined
>get tortured like shit
>when she finally accepts her own feelings Ragna mindwipes her
>literally the only one in the entire planet who can remember him to any degree
>even said she's going to spend eternity running around looking for him
Winning the Ragnabowl comes with the worst fucking suffering imaginable.

Attached: Rachel tears.png (853x480, 284K)

Why do best boy and best girl have to suffer so badly?

Attached: saber says YIKES.jpg (800x600, 264K)

Speaking of Akatsuki, who is the designer for BBTAG?

Attached: Akatsuki.jpg (700x891, 61K)

>Also keep in mind that despite what the FGC impressions might give you, BB is basically the moneymaker for Arcsys.
I blame Xrd babies for the misinformation being spread around for years now. BB is the most successful franchise in arcsys history and carried the company on its back desu

Konomi Higuchi

Attached: EA-87l4U4AEP0VF.jpg (2048x1536, 324K)

Shaq-fu

>BB is the most successful franchise in arcsys history and carried the company on its back desu
How so?

Reminder
>Lambda almost asked Ragna out on a date
>Noel immediately handcuffs herself to Ragna after recovering her memories
>Nu actually asks if Ragna hates her without any hint of craziness or homicidal lust in her voice

Attached: Lamdbanun.png (1024x576, 635K)

Basically GG went down the shitter because of legal issues Arcsys had with Sega and they lost the license. In a last ditch effort they had Mori make BB, and it was so immensly successful that it saved the entire studio and is the reason it's so big right now. They managed to reattain the license for GG, but even then BB was doing better.

it made a lot more money than GG ever did

What are your opinions on the L.A. vocal themes?
youtu.be/ut2uiNkGGds
youtu.be/yYF-PVtKGIk
youtu.be/lVDbXSaaNtM
youtu.be/muc1ruu-EDg
youtu.be/ISpVDKqfUm0

Attached: Ragna vs Jin.jpg (1200x1697, 255K)

How would you feel if Dark War Nu becomes the canonical Nu in the next game?

Attached: dark war nu.jpg (800x1000, 115K)

Basically prior to Xrd the Guilty Gear license was being held hostage by I think it was Sega. That's why BB exists. Because ASW literally wasn't allowed to make GG. So BB did the heavy lifting until ASW got GG back.

Attached: WHAT A BIG BIG MISTAKE.jpg (665x598, 78K)

It saddens me Jin never got a moment with her, his own weakness was the cause of her death after all and yet her real interactions were just with Ragna and Noel and Rachel and Trinity and speaking of Trinity the fact that she was the last one of the six heroes to die really felt poetic

Attached: doyourbestanddon'tlose.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

Attached: 6.png (167x216, 75K)

Why was BB so much more popular?

She did great for the design. I even got my fightstick art for him.

Attached: Fightstick art Akatsuki .jpg (828x828, 154K)

I think it's because Jin really didn't care that much about her. His attachment was always to Ragna, and after that with Tsubaki (and unwillingly to Noel).

Because being Ragna is suffering.

Attached: Ragna & Rachel.jpg (564x645, 50K)

i saw you post the full thing on /afgg/ nice job

It just had more mass appeal than GG, as simple as that.

It came out around the time 2D fighters could really be pushed thanks to the then-current hardware.

Arcsys had lost Guilty Gear to Sammy so Blazblue was made to replace it.

The series was filled with early 2000s era anime cliches and continued as such all the way to Central Fiction. There's a reason people call Es Saber. Of course with people having long moved on from those cliches Blazblue's popularity has also fallen, Guilty Gear is stronger than it now through that's in the west and even then it's not that big of a gap, honestly, people are really just waiting for Sol's story to end so we can finally get the Guilty Gear X Blazblue game we were promised, Daisuke is dragging his ass the Valentine's arc sucked

youtube.com/watch?v=VrPEQb0TgR8
>make an amazing track
>make it 7 minutes long
>make it only pick up around halfway through the track
>only use it for a fight that lasts ONE (1) round
What the hell were they thinking?

kek

Random thought, but if I'm thinking correctly, I find it cool that each "C" is just a really pretentious manner of referring to an otherwise simple concept and focus of each BB game.
>the "Calamity Trigger" = the existence of Noel Vermillion and how she rescues Ragna from falling into the Boundary with Nu, thus breaking the timeloop of the Black Beast's emergence and eventual mass destruction, the huge war
>"Continuum Shift" = name for the massive time-looping phenomenon influenced and reined very heavily by the Takamagahara System
>"Chrono Phantasma" = The Phantoms of Time. Used to refer to those who absolutely should not exist currently at this time and will be returned to their original place (Celica), and those that are not subject to fate itself; they have no predetermined futures (Rachel and Noel)
>"Central Fiction" = the world of BlazBlue as we know it is the "fiction", the story and dream of the girl both within and utilizing the Amaterasu Unit/Azure, "Saya". The Central Fiction is Ragna himself, the single most important detail of Saya's story
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's kind of cute and surreal that Saya basically wrote in a self-insert (the Saya we know) that grew up alongside Ragna and Jin. It also suddenly explains the sort of attraction that Lambda, Nu, Noel/Mu, Izanami, and Izanami's body/self-insert Saya have towards him, considering they all are fragments of the actual girl's soul.
Now that I think about it some more... the whole story is Saya wanting to both hookup and make real her imaginary boyfriend. Considering everything she's been through, that's completely fair.

Attached: CAB19F4F-FA9F-4F70-8411-E9D7F5819732.gif (462x326, 197K)

It at least helped Ragna make relatable for the fact that he was as confused and frustrated as were you about the needlessly complex bullshit he was constantly bombarded with and the fact that anyone who knew what was going on refused to give him a straight answer until it was too late

I love him so much
My first anime boy crush

I'm starting to have my doubts about a GGxBB, they've been talking about doing it pretty much ever since Calamity Trigger but it'd either mean going back and making new sprites for GG or making nice 3d models for everyone in BB.

Considering all of the shit he went through, it’s a miracle that Ragna didn’t turn out any worse than he was in the beginning.

>make a whole game about Elphelt falling for Sol just for Jack-O to come back as Aria and cuck her
I still don't understand the reason. I get that BBs story has a reputation for being convoluted, but nothing that happens in the Xrd games makes any fucking sense to me. Ramlethal was unironically the only Xrd original who got an okay arc, but everything regarding the crazy hat lady who people seem to want as a playable character flew over my head. Her last "redemption scene" came out of nowhere, and I honest to god don't understand what I-No's deal is. Also That Man being a catboy is stupid.

I mean obviously they'd do the latter

So what's next for blazblue's storyline? Do you think they'll go with the copout route and have the next game set in an alternate future what the events of central fiction didn't happen?

Waku Waku 7

Who's next in BBTAG roster? There's a good chance there will be two in 2.0.

Attached: NEVER EVER.png (552x2261, 952K)

Ragna felt like the hero who had genuine reasons to just break at some point. He never seemed to get anything delivered on a platter for him, and kind of "begrudgingly" stayed on the good side of things out of sheer persistence.

Honestly it's Blazblue and they can bullshit whatever they want at this point.

>Unlimited theme
>CF had no unlimited characters
Nothing made me madder. Especially since me and my bros could no longer do boss fights.

I doubt it. I feel like they'll make a direct follow-up using some of the surviving characters, and have it be about the Ragna-Nu fusion I forgot the name of having appeared with the scythe.

Tekken 1: Heihachi kills his wife throws his son Kazuya into volcano. Kazuya returns as a man to throw his father into a volcano.
Tekken 2: Kazuya was actually the devil. Heihachi survived and returns to throw son into volcano.
Tekken 3: Kazuya actually had a son, Jim. Jim thinks his mom was killed by the Aztec devil Ogre, so he works under his grandfather to hunt it down. He kills Ogre, but finds out it was actually Heihachi who killed her. His grandfather tries to kill him, but that just turns Jim into a goth devil instead.
Tekken 4: Jim goes full angst after discovering he was a devil. G-corporation finds Kazuya's body and brings him back from the dead, he is still the devil. Jim kicks the shit out of his dad and grandfather.
Tekken 5: Heihachi dies, but then rises from his grave. Turns out Heihachi had his father Jinpachi locked in the basement all along. Jim kicks the shit out of his family again and takes control of the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Tekken 6: Jim declares war on the entire planet for reasons. Jim beats the crap out of some Egyptian devil Azazel.
Tekken 7: Jim is lost in the desert. Heihachi takes back the Mishima Zaibatsu. Turns out Heihachi's wife was also a devil and tried to kill him, which is why he killed her and threw his son in the volcano. His wife was also friends with Akuma, and made a deal for him to kill Heihachi if she failed to. Akuma fails to kill Heihachi, but Kazuya (probably) finishes the job this time and throws his father into a volcano.

Attached: smile.gif (284x210, 843K)

good lord I can't believe this garbage list still exists, it's like I'm in /blaz/ again

> caring about story/plot Ina fighting game

Holy fuck, ask for a decent roll back ggpo netcode until the ArcSys assholes are forced to implement it in their games. Ask for quick rematches amd punishments for rage quitters online. Ask for integrated frame data and a better training mode for fuck's sake

Watching all these YT videos "reviewing" BB Central Fiction that only talk about story and English voiced not being in the game makes me want to kill myself

None of this would have happened if ragna just calmed nu down then gave her the dick every night.

This long exceeds /blaz/
Most tag discussion actually happened outside of it

Attached: 1525374303434.png (3276x720, 417K)

>highly improbable
>Naoto
>Es
>Mika

>never ever
>Akatsuki

Attached: XDDD.gif (100x100, 23K)

I have to know if you're some OG blitzkampf player or some bandwagoner

This was one of my first introductions to the series and I do not regret it one bit. Amazing song.

Attached: CT Ragna.jpg (640x360, 23K)

I care alot more about BlazBlue than I thought.

do u guys think BBTAG was profitable for ASW?

How would Arc sys handle Akatsuki Blitzkampf port? And who will be in buraji radio? Akatsuki VA? Yumi VA?

Attached: wall_aka1280x1024.jpg (1280x1024, 312K)

CP was peak performance blazblue. GCOD, AF and EA were all mistakes

Attached: 1558922919543.jpg (384x384, 11K)

They wouldn't be making DLC if it weren't.

youtu.be/BtQk1ewJXRY

CT's menu is to this day the most kino in all of fighting games and nothing comes close.

Basically, daisuke wanted some of that Blazblue money, we aren't done with Ariels or Jack-O either because he brought in Happy Chaos and told us Ariels is still alive but she's imprisoned by the Senato now and I-NO is not a person, she is the collective desire of humankind who want to reach a safe future for themselves and the biggest obstical in that is That Man and now it looks like he's finally going to be vunarble since he's involved himself to the world, unmasked and even challenged Sol to a death match between them and remember, Ari is restored now, Sol has a family, he's no longer alone and hurting anymore and he owes it all to Axl Low, Ky, Johnny and several others

The problem is 2020 GG looks to be adding more shit like that black Hakumen guy, the redesigns of the characters and god only knows what else if the roster was cut again as a result of those redesigns,

by the way, did you know that Nu and Lambda are only alive now because Mori was bombarded with letters from their fans begging him not to kill them off for good? Noel's sisters are with her now beause Mori got soft and spared them, Daisuke has become soft too as he wants to bring back everybody for Guilty Gear even through her wrote Zappa, Bridget and ABA out of the plot

Same here. I view it in the same way as Kingdom Hearts: it’s dumb as shit but I love it all the same.

I guess, considering that there still supporting it over a year later

Without a fucking doubt. The game doesn't have a super strong tournament scene but that barely matters, because they're able to shit out DLC out the ass with reused (and somewhat polished) assets. There's a reason they keep shilling the game to the point where it's announced for EVO Japan already despite its lackluster nip following, has really high profit margins.

CSE Ragna was peak BB.
youtube.com/watch?v=1vvJS3C4PIw

That would be nice but remember when Central Fiction was a direct follow up to the ending of Chrono Phantasma where most of the world was dead, iirc the gang had double-tapped Hazama and Terumi, Litchi was working with Relius, etc?

Oh wait they chucked that all aside for essentially another time loop.

Don’t forget about the god-tier character selection theme.
youtu.be/3DoxSUNlQHI

>SMP
No thanks

Attached: disgusting.jpg (640x640, 33K)

I can't imagine it costed them all that much with how little content it has
Fucking uniel had a more impressive gallery than it did

Yeah, but the whole point of the ending in CF was to end the time loops and distortions that would happen by wiping Ragna from everyones memories and letting the timelines live independently of the Master Unit's whims.

Why is it always Volcano's with these guys? Also it's so fucked up there's so much death caused by this faude but it's hilarious that Harada does not give a single goddamn about the story and he makes sure everyone knows it, he might be the only fighting game guy who doesn't care about lore through I think the mortal kombat and soul cailbur guys are the same mindset

I fucking love Izzy

Attached: Izanami 5k timestop combo.webm (564x338, 1.83M)

>Soul Calibur
>no lorefuckery
That's cute

Is it too late to get into CF to learn Rachel

Is Ragna /ourguy/, Yea Forums?

I'm calling Kokopuffs.
Bang, Bullet, Kagura and Hibiki also likely.
Carl and Relius never ever.
I want Hilda.

it's fine but the times of peak performance rachel are long gone, that was the real fun

Hell yeah it was, it even works as great advertisment for lesser known IPs, how many westeners know what Blitzkampf, Arcana Heart and Under Night in Birth were before seeing the characters in tag? They know Persona, they know Blazblue and they know RWBY, they hate RWBY, they also know tiddy ninjas but most people don't know that they're actually capable fighters since those fucking games can't seem to decide if they want to be serious about their job or just shoot each other with water guns and play grab ass with each other

Asuka better be in, fuck that bitch Yumi

Hell, was ABA ever in the plot?

Attached: aba.jpg (2337x3429, 1.39M)

This is the shit that first turned me into a real weeb

youtube.com/watch?v=OXByv5G_tR4

No, the game is still pretty active on Steam surprisingly. There's plenty of learning tools available in-game and on Youtube so you should be fine, it's just a matter of deciding whether you want to grind it out or not. Rachel is pretty hard to get used to because Wind, short normals, and generally short combos meaning most of your damage comes from setplay mixups and shit.

That is very true.

>CS
>peak anything

Attached: 1566235709853.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Do you guys think they'll tease a new BB next EVO?

>four confirmed so far: Yumi, Akatsuki, Blitztank, Neo
>five remaining
>strongly suggested that at least two will be from BB
I have a feeling they're going to try and pad-out each Fate's roster with this expansion pass. So I think it's safe to say that 2 Bloobers, 1 Persona (Elizabeth), 1 Arcana Heart (Saki, Petra, or Weiss), and 1 more Senran Kagura (Asuka or Homura because of Nitroplus Blasterz) would be reasonable imo. Having Akatsuki essentially doubles as a new UNiB rep, hence why it probably won't get any this time around.

Attached: 3BF99DAF-00A9-45AD-A71B-444BA9DD5370.gif (420x431, 2.07M)

why does kokonoe look like a gremlin sometimes and really cute sometimes?
i dont get it

Please just give me Scharlachrot...

As much as I like the guy, that would be Terumi.

the song is comfy af but the animation is so bad. The CPEX opening was the only one that looked good desu

does she have any relationship with Heart like Saki does? Then again I don't think Yumi and Asuka are even in the same squad

How many Shinto references in BB?
So far I only know the Master Unit (Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, Susano'o), Anti-Master Unit (Takemikazuchi), and Izanami herself.

>Terumi finally got killed for real by Ragna
>Hazama survived by jumping into the Cauldron
>Relius just walked
Took 4 games for them to deal with 1/3 bad guys
I'll admit I'm pretty proud of Ragna for actually killing Terumi

Attached: HAZEEMA.png (491x597, 329K)

They purposefully made her annoyed and angry faces look spooky.

Attached: kokonoe.jpg (960x672, 109K)

Scharlachrot and Weiss are basically the main characters for AH3 and are directly connected to eachother.

CT had some pretty good animation.

"I simply increased my speed"

Everything about Relius was great

There is
Mu-12 who is the Kusanagi
The Kusanagi Legacy Weapon in XBlaze
Takamagahara

And probably some other things I'm not thinking of

Kind of raises the question of what happens without one of the gods doing his job. I mean is Tsubaki really going to take up time destruction duties?

>that time he asked for Terumi’s hand in marriage in that one Gag Reel

don't mind me just posting best girl across all Arcsys gayms and fightan games in general

Attached: rampizza.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

BB is so full of anime tropes that I can't help but love it. Azrael and Relius are absolute gems.

It has to be Asuka, she's still the main character even Japan thinks that's Yumi now

What I wann know is how mad is Jin gonna be having to deal with Weiss, Teddie and Yumi, Weiss is even riding on his ice car in the new story. I hope they give Hyde and Seth their theme this time since they meet there.

I'm still mad at Rwby even the fanbase knew Neo and Roman were superior to Cinder and now Roman is dead and cinder despite getting beat up all the time still lives

The only God that was really necessary for the world was the Master Unit. In CF, they remark that Terumi (Susanoo)'s place in the world has been lost, because Hakumen has basically become the symbol of the world that they live in. The Master Unit was replaced with Amane restarting Takamagahara, and so they pretty much live in a godless world now.

t. Xrd babby

Fuck off

Hence Ragna's line
"It's not my power, it's everyone's possibilities"and his smile, he saved everyone including the one he wanted to save the most, even if they don't remember him because of what Ragna released there could in theory be a possibility where he got to live alongside his family and friends without having to leave them all Hell Nu is alive now because of the possibility that she could recover from the mind eater curse

Wait what? So the humans won? Their computer took over the universe?

>Azrael vs Kagura
>I'm just using your strength against you
>Okay, I'll punch harder
>oh shit

Yes. That's what Ragna sacrificed himself for, to bring Saya's retardation away from mankind.

Weak Executioner is the best theme.

Assuming that they make the next BB installment have like 15 characters, with 10 of them being returning ones, who do you think are most likely?

Attached: thinkeign mo-san.png (512x512, 17K)

ft10 me faggets

reminder that bullet stayed bottom tier for the entirety of her existence

Give the girl a break user she has the mentality of a scared little 8 year old and it's humankind who pushed all that shit on her to begin with

No that’s Pandora’s Tears

Noel
Rachel
Taokaka
Litchi
Arakune
Carl
Nu
Lambda
Tsubaki
Valkenhyne
Platinum
Makoto
Bullet
Tager
Izayoi
Hibiki
Kagura
Amane
Mai
Mu 12

>next BB installment
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 2

why is terumi such a dick

Rachel
Jin
Noel
Taokaka
Tager
Nu-13
Hazama
Amane
Mai
Carl
Azrael

>stealth newcomer
Hakumen (Forma de Tsubaki)

Holy shit it's been forever since I've seen this combo video. The last combo is the hypest shit.

Attached: 1414437593066.png (431x537, 289K)

He's American

Attached: USA USA USA.png (1307x1947, 2.37M)

Anyone remember this vid?
youtu.be/qF0aqay1kc4

youtube.com/watch?v=7bYDMweRlgE
youtube.com/watch?v=XFhwjQCVhDc

Attached: Azrael Time.png (2048x1024, 2.54M)

The story in Bazblue was honestly not that hard to follow in the first two games. Convoluted as fuck yes and rife with retarded anime fantasy jargon but you could still piece everything together by just reading through the games' stories and arcade dialogues.

In between CS and CP they released light novels, drama cds, AU novels, manga, the XBlaze VNs started up, and all of it was eventually slated to become canon which just compounded all the problems the story already had. Everything flew completed off the rails in CP and then finally they realized they couldn't wrap anything up without going full retard so they went full fucking retard with CF.

>playing fighting games for the story
Most pointless endeavor ever.

Who will show up? When's the next radio?

Attached: Who for Bururaji.png (2895x798, 1.91M)

ah yes, tsubakimen is gonna be sick

How else are training mode only people supposed to enjoy it

Attached: EF3FDCB1-1B32-4F68-B1CD-034657D8A248.jpg (441x856, 95K)

I used to frequent the old /blazbluegeneral/ but I stopped due to the sheer amount of mai posting. It got so annoying that even if I'd filter it out, they'd still find a way to get their shitpost across.

I feel you man

Same

Man, that sounds sad. Sorry to hear it, man.

the closest thing you have to /blaz/ now is /afgg/ although it's not that much better.

Attached: 736BD45D-30E5-4D25-8C80-75CC614FB693.jpg (700x990, 227K)

It's alright, it's just fun to reminisce to now and then. At least, the memories before Remix Heart started getting popular and the "no mai no buy" shit started popping up.

I remember the blazblue car show

>no one but me remembers this

I still have some old jpegs

Attached: 1418684914729.jpg (1028x1889, 266K)

Are you talking about nissan and the other shops or was that something else?

I wonder how long it'll take before they finally do GG x BB

Post more, pls.

The guy who used to Mai post left the community. Not before ruining it forever though, fucking Hydro.

Sure

Attached: 1418687345427.jpg (680x1024, 196K)

>ASW makes crossover game involving BB
>but no GG
That said at this point I ain't even mad at Blazblue Calamity Trigger Battle

I'll always treasure the good old days of /blaz/ before things went to shit

Attached: ice car.gif (480x270, 490K)

Attached: 1438105886105.jpg (908x622, 79K)

God that takes me back.

But only Hilda wants power. Everyone else is trying to stop her because she will most likely fail and turn into a monster and cause a rip that will leak Voids into the world.

Honestly since after Cross Tag come out I haven't played many fighting games at all. I still have CF and I like playing it, but I don't have any locals or anything so I rarely bother. I wish they would just announce a proper BB already.

the crossover only happened as an excuse to recycle sprites from their past games to begin with. Including RWBY was just a detour from mori because he likes it

What are Izzy's powers exactly?

Mai demonstrates agency in her story and her problems revolve around her relationship with her family rather than a man. Saying that "She's a waifu, plain and simple" is wrong, especially considering that there are a number of female characters whose lives revolve around the man that they love in Blazblue. Also Mai is pretty capable and is more than willing to fight her own battles. She's not a helpless maiden who spends all her time fawning over a man and requiring him to protect and take care of her. And her manga does establish a backstory for her and provides her with a clear character arc, so she is a well-developed character. I really can't see how someone can consider her the "most bland boring character in blazblue" even if they dislike her. Also the genderswap element ties into her relationship with her father and her role in her family; trying to reduce her issues to "Wtf where's my dick" is a vast oversimplification.

Attached: mainat.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

Attached: 1430265803208.png (599x710, 709K)

Remember all of those QUALITY moments in the anime?

Attached: kill me.png (370x260, 149K)

that one was never funny

Attached: 1460198408435.jpg (918x1816, 164K)

Literally the only thing good to come from the shitty anime

Attached: WHOOPSIE DAISY.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

Holy shit. I remember making this.

Do you have the other two I made? One was another lazy magnet hands joke where Tager explains to Kokonoe that he cannot be a PC repair guy and another where Ragna throws fruit snacks to Taokaka.

Explain Senran Kagura

You're a good guy, user.

>ever recommending /afgg/

>Smokey Eye
heh

discord.gg/9H7wUn

/blaz/ lives on in this discord, come join us for games

Classic.

Sorry

I think so, it's a bit hard going thru this stuff because the hard drive I saved the images in is archaic as fuck and takes ages to load an image

Attached: 1450924042977.jpg (1000x1429, 486K)

fuck off

Death. Izanami is basically the secondary function of Amaterasu. If Amaterasu endlessly creates then Izanami makes sure things die. A job that was probably done by Susano'o before he fucked off.

>Litchi commits genocide to save Roy
>he just tells her to fuck off

Attached: Arakune.png (377x212, 66K)

why can't the best murakumo be the best murakumo in game?

Attached: cute lamb.png (796x945, 370K)

Attached: az9m6w.jpg (442x486, 28K)

NOT SO FAST

Attached: george.jpg (509x394, 23K)

There we go. That's the stuff. Thank you for the nostalgia trip.

It's cool. I'm enjoying the dump in general.

She deserves it

>Litchi gets a happy ending

Attached: 1562026789078.gif (128x128, 13K)

Attached: 1475830391600.jpg (2220x2520, 1.3M)

AND THIS IS TO GO
EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

Attached: blep.png (1055x524, 399K)

Holy shit I forgot about CS1 Rachel

>burn 100% meter and 2 gold bursts for 3.3k damage

What was ASW's problem back then

>Ragna died a virgin
Biggest tragedy of it all. With all the shit he went through, he deserved at least one.

I'm glad that Roy just ignored her and Bang got over her completely. Bitch deserves literally nobody

>tfw hazama cs1 corner carry

Attached: makoto_yara.png (1431x1079, 1.34M)

>everyone on Yea Forums plays blazblue
>nobody plays guilty gear

Attached: 1553226664548.png (591x585, 448K)

I guess she had to pay the CT tax

My friend is scared of my ABA and I admittedly do bad things with her. I like BB's throw input.

There are plenty of GG threads, there's even a general for it. BB on the other hand is plagued by almost never being able to have a thread without Maifags and/or Academy Girl faggots ruining them with trannyshit.

Attached: Ragna.jpg (2204x3182, 944K)

/ggg/ exists

what was the purpose of adding Es into the story? was it just so that mori could add his newest waifu into the mainline games? she's worthless

Attached: essigh.png (357x657, 334K)

Can't even blame him. He never told her to obsess over him and every time he was in control of Arakune he told her to let go. And all he wanted was to NEET it out in the boundary
Litchi did everything wrong

Attached: d0fed601.jpg (1280x818, 119K)

They had every protagonist from the side works appear so that they could interact with Ragna one last time. Naoto and Mai were obvious, and there was no chance in HELL they were going to add Touya.

Attached: ultimate gigafaggot.png (354x1305, 265K)

Same reason bullet exists
Except Es can feasibly be added to explain azure nonsense

Attached: 1457825668285.png (680x735, 711K)

>literally Pudding! the character
Yup

Es exists because Azrael didn't kill her?

>what was the purpose of
the answer is always none at all

Attached: BBCP-Mori.jpg (640x408, 117K)

Attached: 1475634142205.jpg (640x640, 114K)

I can never decide if I love or hate Mori. There's never an in-between in anything he does.

Attached: Mori.jpg (773x675, 147K)

Attached: 1430083815516.jpg (1469x829, 442K)

cs1 hazama had literally 1 combo that you did off of everything and bullshit houtenjin it was glorious

XBlaze was pretty decent for a VN my dude. You should give it a shot. The main 3 girls are pretty cute too.

Attached: threebitches.png (1280x720, 1.77M)

EKKUSU
KARIBAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1501445481982.jpg (362x217, 31K)

XBlaze was complete and utter shit for the first installment. Lost Memories was fine, but that was primarily because Nobody was a good way to contrast Es actual personality, and Nine was MUCH more enjoyable than Touya. I don't think I've read a single VN with a protagonist as bad as Touya.

Attached: Sechs explains BB.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Attached: 90lyxqucg1yy.gif (500x281, 572K)

God, how could anybody keep up with this?

Attached: blazblue cauldron.png (447x296, 126K)

>caring about fighting game story

Attached: The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg (500x500, 57K)

Attached: 1460327095669.jpg (768x1024, 240K)

Because looking through a wiki page isn't the same as reading the story. The Cauldron is the gateway to the Boundary, which in turn is the space between timelines. There.

Meanwhile
>Unist Thread: Play if you want, i guess

Attached: D7Z4IeBUEAA3L0b.jpg (980x556, 65K)

Attached: christmas.jpg (1024x791, 184K)

Nothing ragna has is as cool as what Sol has.
Except maybe 6D

Attached: 1500582149755.jpg (680x950, 484K)

I never could have predicted Jin's character arc would turned out as well as it did. His path from yandere asshole to orderly asshole to kind asshole was done really well. Having him be denied the Susanoo Unit was a pretty cool twist of fate.

tsubakimen will save blazblue

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

>implying
Also Belial Edge but that got replaced with Nightmare Edge.

Attached: Review_EatBeatDeadspike.png (690x380, 343K)

belial edge was clunky garbage

Belial Edge combos were cool as fuck

blazblue story should be listed as a comedy

Attached: 111111111111111111111.jpg (718x142, 38K)

Thanks for watching this dump, my toaster is dying but I hope I've managed to hit you all with a bit of nostalgia.

Attached: 1458284227160.png (1000x633, 520K)

remember when kokonoe saved hazama for no reason?

good thing we got that shit back in crosstag

Everyone in Blazblue either wants to fuck Ragna, kill Ragna, befriend Ragna or some combination of those three.

Except for Tao, who just wants Ragna to feed her and take naps with her, which is probably why she's his only actual friend.

based youtube.com/watch?v=KjvfU9xc7z8

thanks bro

Bang and Ragna turn into pretty good friends in CF

Classic

Remember when Kokonoe had a million nukes saved up just in case she needed to end the world.

thanks for the memes,
youtube.com/watch?v=D3HvN04HsFE

Does anyone have that photo from a powerpoint presentation before they released CF where they listed Hibiki as being a complex character and Naoto as a simple beginner character?

Attached: heeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (300x343, 14K)

Because he's the god Susanoo, who is a literally dickhead god of trolling that loves making humanity and his sister Amaterasu as miserable as possible because that makes him rock hard.

Attached: Hazama_(Centralfiction,_arcade_mode_illustration,_5,_type_A).png (1920x918, 2.23M)

Kagura was also another beginner character. Celica is the only beginner character that ended up being a beginner character.

Attached: Celica_A._Mercury_(Centralfiction,_Character_Select_Artwork).png (1465x1971, 1.77M)

True, but that's mostly while both are temporarily amnesiac. Though, while they do fight again later, I do recall Bang sort of backing down once he realizes that Ragna isn't truly the enemy and works with him later even after Ragna "devours" his "dream".

Goddamn Minerva is hot

Kokonoe makes all her employees dress like sluts. It only makes sense for her to make a slutty robot.

Attached: kokonoe celica.jpg (1280x1615, 348K)

It's nice that they ditched the original design they had for her.

Attached: Minerva_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png (533x1014, 202K)

I actually enjoy David Vincent's Hakumen, but they gotta get the voice filter right. I liked it in CT, but CP's was too deep (though very close to his JP voice iirc), with his CPEX voice filter being alright.

I don't know, but Sol in Smash would have likely been received better.

youtube.com/watch?v=z4s_Nltytjg

Anyone mildly disappointed they didnt keep the gothic tone of the character select theme and UI as the series went on? Its a small thing, but one of those things that really made early Blazblue stick.

I dont even want to talk about what happened to the most of the cast's themes.

CPEX's theme was still a bit gothic
But yeah, the UI stopped being unique before it went all glass and blue

>CPEX's character theme
I meant

Just don't port the shit version.

The music in SIGN is below average for Daisuke, but Revelator's new tracks are good. The music in BB isn't as good in general though, I think, there's a lot of good tracks, but I got tired of them pretty quickly. I used to think Gluttony Fang was great for example, but it didn't take too long for me to not be so impressed by it anymore. GG music never gets old to me though, and even the tracks I initially don't like tend to grow on me over time, which isn't the case with BB music.

I do think Rebellion is better than any of Sol's themes though, except for maybe Get Down to Business.

>after
It's not like her previous uniform was any better user.

Attached: b a c c.jpg (850x2550, 404K)

but ride the fire

Did Jin stop being a bullshit character after the first blazblue? I remember online you could abuse lag and throw freeze spam people to death.

I wouldn't say he wrote those out, ABA and Bridget were never relevant to the main plot, but relevant characters like Answer are made playable too. The only one who was written out in any capacity is Zappa, who is prevalent in Xrd's story but he has no ghosts anymore, but they don't say he got rid of them for good, so I can see them just saying he couldn't keep them away any longer. ABA and Bridget weren't written out, they just weren't brought up because they don't matter.

Blazblue's story is stupid, but simple. They just have a boner for throwing a dictionary's worth of jargon at you from the start like you've lived there the whole time.

I play it a lot more than Blazblue, or any other fighting games for that matter.

Maybe if they put a certain character I main then I would.

Attached: 1470750061589.jpg (1024x1462, 175K)

>no x no buy
Fuck off

>put a bunch of random waifus in the game before old characters
Fuck off

All the vocal tracks in SIGN and Revelator are excellent, but on average I still say the OST of SIGN isn't Daisuke's best, there are still good tracks in there though.

you are weak

Chewing my own limbs I'm the last to go.

>Finally stop the timeloop from happening by completing everyone's story and then doing the true ending
>Get not necessarily attached, but familiar or slightly invested with characters who aren't Ragna and their goals and personalities
>This novelty of having other cast members have their equal time to shine is absolutely halted due to how railroaded the storytelling format becomes after CS

>You will never have moments like Tager being blown to kingdom come by Kokonoe's nukes, Hakumen going apeshit over her nukes in multiple missile silos, Ragna vs XXX, Litchi sensing an alternate continuity where she beats Nu-13 right before killing Arakune, and Lambda's Day Off again.

Attached: blazblue reception.jpg (1525x1474, 1.51M)

Leaks say he is back next game.