Silent Hill thread

What are the chances of something being announced at TGS bros?

Attached: dddsdhr-538d400f-19ab-4aff-855c-be6d7620f9dd.jpg (600x938, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtube.com/watch?v=6v1USVhtfjQ
youtu.be/taI7WIfukvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully zero, Silent Hill should stay dead, it had a hard life.

I just wanted good HD ports of SH 2, 3 and 4 to modern platforms, is this asking too much user?

yes.
unless you have a way to go back in time and preserve the source code.

>I just wanted good HD ports of SH 2, 3 and 4 to modern platforms,
so play the PC PORTS + fan patches:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE install tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

>SH2 Audio Replacement:
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
>DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work !!
>Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.

The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.
Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's / video tutorials instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check out the "Widescreen Fixes".

>is this asking too much user?
Yes. For starters, do you want to give Jewnami your money?

>unless you have a way to go back in time and preserve the source code.
That's not an excuse, and you know it.
NONE of the Blue-Point's magnificent HD remasters were made using some old code.
Instead, they legit took retail PS2 discs of the games, and reverse-engineered all the data.

0% and that's ok. Here's why.

Silent Hill 4 is the only good game in the series

>I just wanted good HD ports of SH 2, 3 and 4 to modern platforms
PC is as modern as it gets, so :

Yes, Japanese companies seem to be quite bad at having backups in general, they seem prone to delete source code and only individual artists may opt to preserve some of their work. Something similar happened with Kyoani's arson attack in which they admitted they don't backup anything on external servers and only rescued a lot of material because the local server wasn't severely damaged by the fire.

Shit/bait opinion, although SH4 is my second favorite of the series.

>everything I disagree with is bait

>Actual video game thread
Sorry user not today, the smells are running around

>pick up Silent Hill 1 again after leaving it for some time
>cross the bridge into the new part of town
>get to the hospital
>mfw realizing it's gonna be the school all over again, only probably worse

Also as an aside - I'm hoping to go straight into 2 after. I'm currently emulating the first on my Phat PSP, so should I seek out the PS2 version since I'll be programmed to its controls on a console? Or is the PC version worth jumping through all the hoops for?

Attached: 1421013462643.gif (221x196, 410K)

Go with the PC version, it looks kind of scary to mod but really it's super easy, it's braindead if you've done anything like Skyrim modding.
All it is is just copying files from a zip they give you into certain folders in the SH 2 install folder

So explain why you think SH4 is the only good game in series then.

Don't have to it's literally obvious.

Just play The Evil Within, bro

it has my favorite atmosphere and aesthetic by far and I really like the whole dreams thing, other silent hill games just never really appealed to me at all.

Hmm fair enough, I've done a bit of custom modding with STALKER games so it's probably easier than I'm expecting. Should I still expect some bugs along the way?

the enhanced edition project isn't finished, it's still missing some things.

She's in

if you install the enhanced edition mods, you also get XInput support so you can use a modern controller very easily.

>Also as an aside - I'm hoping to go straight into 2 after. I
I would advise against that.
There's fucktons of replay value in each one of the games. You won't get to see all there is on a single playthru.

>so should I seek out the PS2 version since I'll be programmed to its controls on a console? Or is the PC version worth jumping through all the hoops for?
I don't quite understand the initial question. You CAN use a gamepad on PC as well, and the controls are practically identical.

The PS2 versions are the "definitive" base models, but the PC ports are superb alternatives. If you prefer true HD visuals, there's no beating the PC ports.

>Should I still expect some bugs along the way?
No, not really.

As much as I love Silent Hill I hope stays dead, better than see Konami giving the rights to another western developer to shit even more in the franchise.
Unless a japanese team takes over, doesn't even need to be with big names, just a passionate project.

Attached: angela_orosco_by_deathswolf92_d8ggad6-fullview.jpg (1024x648, 43K)

Enhanced? Redpill me on this

Oh I overlooked the gamepad aspect of it, fair point! I'll give the PC port a whirl then.

>There's fucktons of replay value in each one of the games. You won't get to see all there is on a single playthru.
Really? I feel like I'm being fairly thorough in my exploration, unless there's stuff you don't discover unless you back track/start a new save?

enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

>Enhanced? Redpill me on this
youtube.com/watch?v=6v1USVhtfjQ

>Enhanced? Redpill me on this
See or (Cross-thread)
The "Enhanced Edition" is a general project name for the fan-mods, that aim to not only make the PC ports playable on modern devices, but also fix their flaws and enhance some aspects.

>Really? I feel like I'm being fairly thorough in my exploration
That's what you may think, but believe me: 20 years of playing these games, and I still learn something new every once in a while.
Just getting a full grasp on the whole story / lore is a demanding task, and unless you cheat and google up some pre-made story analysis guides, you will not be able to piece it all together with just 1 playthrough.

Besides all that jazz, there's multiple endings, various unlockables, and in case of the sequels, various difficulty modes that DO alter the experience quite a ton.

I would rather have people from the old Team Silent to make something like Siren, you know, a new IP with the essence of the old games.

>and unless you cheat and google up some pre-made story analysis guides, you will not be able to piece it all together with just 1 playthrough.
I highly recommend to play the first four games at least one and then watch TRSHE for summarization.

I would not go watching or reading jack shit before doing at least one proper replay of each of the games, preferably on some other difficulty mode(s) as well. Half these old survival-horror games' big appeal is their surprisingly extensive service life thru' replays and self-discoveries.

All the better then, I still recommend those documentaries even if the authors seem quite insufferable for some people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite a fan of the (old) TP stuff myself.
Say what you want about their...."humor"... but those boys did their homework on the details, and often argue them well.
I can only truly disagree w/ them in the case of SH:SM.

I actually like most of their content, is a shame there is almost nothing new from the remaining members of the team, I only have to preemptively warn about their humor because there is always people jumping the gun and calling others shills just for liking it.

first post, best post.

>I've done a bit of custom modding with STALKER games so it's probably easier than I'm expecting.
it's literally a matter of unpacking one or two zip files on top of the game's files. No IT voodoo skills required.

Hmm right, thanks fellas. Certainly given me food for thought, will take all these suggestions into account. Not sure I'll have the time to replay SH1 instantly (I've very little time for vidya anymore to begin with) but I'll definitely keep a replay in mind

Off to brave the hospital, wish me luck

Attached: 1305851322415.jpg (204x231, 12K)

Four means death in Japanese, see you on the elevator user.

Oh yeah, 'shi'. Good thing I took moonrunes class after school, cheers user

The games can be easily beaten in ~2 hours once you know what you're doing.
Not that I'd encourage speedruns while you're still fresh and into the atmosphere & plot appeals, but in general you can beat the games several times in a single day.

Higher now that Pachinko is going to get regulated

Do Zoomers like Silent Hill?

Attached: SH2-ConAir2.jpg (399x589, 204K)

It'll definitely get some new followers with the way zoomer trends are going lately

Played SH1 for the first time just three weeks ago and gotta say the first half is kino as hell, but the second half (or last third) is kinda just ok, and sometimes annoying because you might as well miss a lot of content by accident, and Nowhere is really lame since it's just the hospital again with a few new rooms.

Still liked it but that second half was dissapointing. Two sewer levels? Seriously?

Zero. Any last hope of Silent Hill getting revived died when Silent Hills was cancelled and Kojima was fired.

I too prefer the first half, but 2nd half truly gets more and more mindfuck-like.
Sewers are easily THE spookiest places in vidya history.
And no, nowhere's not "jush the hospital".

>Nowhere is really lame

Attached: 1567407292539.jpg (379x374, 9K)

0%

Holy shit, you're just a bit further than me. I did the same, gonna pick it up again for the Halloween season.

what's the image on the right from user?

Can I ask what is a zoomer?

She's literal perfection

You know what, I'm going to say it. I love Heather Mason.

>Tfw my friend looks like a boyish Heather

Still can't believe it.

a pachinko machine maybe

Con Air

youtu.be/taI7WIfukvY