DMC

Ok fucks, you might not like this, but I have something to say.
Enemy AI is very passive in this franchise because of the combat system. It is the style switch. Almost every defensive move is locked behind it if you want so. And you will always choose offensive moves, because the game doesn't require you to play balanced. The combat relies too much in offensive moves so you can build your crazy combos. That is why the AI is dumbed down imo.
I am not saying that the game would be impossible to play if it had the enemy AI from Bayonetta 1, for example, but it would be clunky as hell. Style switch IS a clunky mechanic.
Now it would be better if you could select the control type for the style switch based on this:
>Classic: just use the d-pad
>New A: move the DT button to the d-pad. Press L1+Square, Triangle, O and X to change style. Press O to do the style move as usual.
>New B: assign one style to O, and assign the rest of the styles to L1+square, triangle and O to use them without having to switch between them. For example: to Royal Guard, press O. To Trick Up, press L1+R1+up+O or triangle or Square
There. Fixed it. Your welcome.

Attached: 38839023_246416796213523_1017339132352921600_n.jpg (480x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/B2AUyTdHIIl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's another bitching about style switching thread
>the proposed "solutions" are always terrible
Thank fuck Itsuno doesn't listen to you retards.

I'm not reading all that but I'll call you a faggot anyways.

You guys suck.

Style switching is fine as it is, but that option B could be interesting for another character, like for example Trish.

You say style switching is clunky as a simple button press on d-pad and your solution is a combination of two buttons?

Attached: 1563588591845.gif (227x404, 2.79M)

Style switching for Trish?
What styles would she use?

Exactly.
L stick is vital for the combat. Moving your thumb away from it is equivalent to going -1. If you press a combination of bumper + face buttons grants you more speed, because you do it simultaneously. Just like evading.

Aside from guns and jump on the usual buttons, triangle would be punches and circle would be kicks (or altenatively a sword). By holding L1 and pressing one of the face buttons you use Trish's lightning on her normal abilities, like with exceed for Nero, at the exchange for DT. L1+jump would be trickster, guns would be gunslinger-like, and the other two would be swordmaster.

>That is why the AI is dumbed down imo.
It's not dumbed down, it's slowed down. Not quite the same. You need a big enough wind up to switch to royal guard and press the button. If the enemies were as aggressive as they are in any other action franchise only them finger gymnast with their incessant need to keep things the same would for 11 years would be able to play the game.

DMC5 is the only action game where I've beaten the shit out of an enemy, he stands there and after a considerable amount of time, they fall down and get back up just as slowly.

>Style switch IS a clunky mechanic.
Yes, it is, but the people here have been at it for so long that asking them to change now is very much asking them to try something new. It's become a religion to the combo fags and they will defend it with just as much vigor as any zealot.

Attached: cover00075.jpg (1357x1920, 642K)

Would you be ok id a new DMC is approached with a more "realistic" gameplay like pic related?

Attached: gow.jpg (1024x538, 82K)

I better be joking

>Vergil taking care of his whore's son
Of course.

Fuck no. There's so many other games that offer an good "experience" already, DMC is like the only true action game that focuses on gameplay depth left.

Remember that time Kamiya went full retard?

Attached: DTY79YDU8AAbQRV.jpg (680x572, 83K)

Oh, I 'member.

Attached: bayo_1.jpg (350x493, 57K)

The series really could have went a different direction following the original. Fights didn't last long, movelist focused on utility rather than cycling through a bunch of weak garbage on enemies that are already dead.

If DMC wants to stay the same as it's been since 3, they needs to really up the enemy AI and implement mandatory Must Style into DMD, maybe even lock progress behind style rankings. Bloated enemy health doesn't cut it anymore, and wasn't even required to make DMD good in DMC1. Alternatively, they can remove styles altogether. It made sense when Dante was the only character but now that Vergil, V, and Nero exist, there's no point rehashing the same shit three games in a row. Different characters beget different playstyles and you SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY ANY CHARACTER ON ANY LEVEL THIS IS NOT A HARD THING TO ACCOMPLISH WHEN YOU SPEND MORE TIME ON THE GAME THAN YOU DO DESIGNING AND SCANNING CLOTHES.
tl;dr: one character = style switching is ok. multiple characters = style switching is unecessary

This is ehat pisses me of the most. When you fight 1 vs 1, the enemy is just cursed.

No. Just make the AI better. You suck at DMC if you can't keep up.

Dmc is a shallow game series for incels, boo fucking hoo, more news at eleven.

I'm so thankful he's not in charge of DMC anymore.

They stop using Dante altogether or make him a bonus character.

It would be nice to see the DMC world from someone else's perspective. Could even bring back the horror stuff that way.

To be fair, he was talking about how Capcom would make DMC5 based on current trends within their games.

True, Capcom hadn't uncucked itself. I dont even remember if MHW was announced when he made that tweet

Can we please get rid of siderolls? They're just so obtuse and don't feel cool to use at all. Just give Nero a dodge button if you want to keep table hopper.

Better than Itsuno :)

>They're just so obtuse and don't feel cool to use at all
then just don't use it? I only use sideroll to table hopper as Nero, if i want to dodge as dante just use trickster or jump

The next DMC should have all new characters
Its funny because Itsuno's history of working on Rival Schools redefined DMC, but everything else that wasn't combo depth suffered severely and the games became about rushing the missions to spam bloody palace. Meanwhile, when he expanded his horizons to something entirely new like Dragon's Dogma, it's a flawed masterpiece. So glad DD2 is his next project.

Attached: 1451873699450.gif (500x281, 1.81M)

Doing enemy AI, yes.
Doing combat systems, no.

>I dont even remember if MHW was announced when he made that tweet
That tweet was from January/2018, MHW was already out

I'm so tired of instagram thots finding excuses to show off their butts. We get it, you do squats.

instagram.com/p/B2AUyTdHIIl/

what a cute slut

>nonsensical story with no strong themes or characterization, just spectacle
>tasteless use of sexuality
>barely any weapon differences
>instadeath QTEs all throughout the game
>obligatory mini-games
>optional verses required to get good scores
>content locked behind grinding
>created as a reaction to DMC3-4
Nah, I don't think so.

Attached: 1547522800432.jpg (540x676, 66K)

The next DMC should have Vergil and just Vergil.

a lot of those are wrong or just terrible opinions, but I dont expect logic from someone who plays DMC for bloody palace

What's Bayonetta's character arc? And no, remembering who she is isn't one. Same thing with Luka being wrong about her killing his father, that's just a misunderstanding. Same with Jeanne being brainwashed for most of the game.

>whats her arc
>but dont say it, it doesnt count
ok

It isn't. Bayonetta has to overcome no personal hurdles throughout the story, only her enemies. Compare that to DMC3 Dante, who starts not wanting to take after his father, but seeing why he has to by interacting with Vergil and Lady. Bayonetta is a static character while Dante isn't.

Vergil is the best! I love him so much!

Attached: 1564008564612.jpg (3840x2160, 793K)

He isn't even good enough to be playable.

He's already been playable 3 games in the series and will eventually be playable in 5. Plus he'll be one of the main protagonists in DMC6.

Attached: 1554355925804.png (636x650, 542K)

truly brilliant and nuanced storytelling
DMCfags are the fucking worst

stay mad fag, make sure to buy a switch so you can enjoy bayonetta 3 at 540p 30fps

>He isn't even good enough to be playable.
Well he does make you buy the same game again

>3 games

Are you counting DmC as a DMC game?

>DMC3 personal hurdles
I want to stop my brother
>Bayonetta 1 personal hurdles
I want to remember my past and save my friend

They're both bare minimum storytelling meant to move the action along. Are we going to start complaining Ryu barely has character development in Ninja Gaiden as well? What about Gene? Shinobi? The Wonderful 101, actually wait no they all had amazing development.

>fucking DMCfags asking basic characterization from Kamiya-sama
Even Donte has a basic character arc. Donte.

Attached: 1359988033551.png (239x316, 112K)

Wanting to remember your past and save your friend isn't a character flaw. Bayonetta doesn't know who she is because she doesn't want to or because she's scared, but because the plot demanded for it.

*doesn't not know

no u

Bayonetta also has to deal with Luka and Cereza when she would prefer to get rid of them at the earliest convenience and grows to care for both.

And yet it's still kino.

That's true, but it doesn't feel like it's linked to the beats of the plot.

I don’t like bayonetta either. doesn’t mean you aren’t still pathetic in trying to validate the narrative merit of a goddamn devil may cry game

For me, it's the 4th kimono goth coat

Attached: DMC5_Vergil_Concept.png (1357x1920, 2.05M)

oh fuck that's pretty stylish

>hurr how could anyone pretend to have a good story in an action game durr everything must be shit
The story in DMC3 is great, fuck off.

reminder we'll get vergil in 7 days

Reminder to not get your hopes up.