What game has the best realistic armour? Why dont more games use realistic armour?

What game has the best realistic armour? Why dont more games use realistic armour?

Attached: black-armor-kit-the-wayward-knight-22.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/8v1gai/the_real_truth_about_leather_armour/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_leather
britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/search.aspx?searchText=Leather
youtube.com/watch?v=GAcdn7HQFDY
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxQR5haqTs
youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
youtube.com/watch?v=TIETktvwXFE
britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=47551&partId=1&searchText=vambrace&view=list&sortBy=objectTitleSort&page=1
d-down.jp/pc/
quora.com/Did-leather-armor-ever-exist
youtu.be/LP8QB_7Jsdc
youtube.com/watch?v=xmTfP4BeP3I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because apparently to tasteless morons all armour is just drab grey tin cans or ugly chain mail and not like shit like that picture you posted.

>Games
Why do games need realistic armor? The stuff you've posted are limited to the 1% of noble aristocracy while the majority of serfs wore chain mail or leather.

When people are playing their game for a few hours on end, they want to be looking at something nice and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said, Dark Souls has nice "realistic" armor for some of their sets.

Attached: d66vkq3qs5t11.jpg (1093x986, 263K)

Dark Souls, Mordhau has some nice armor

From a mechanical standpoint or from an aesthetic one?
Mechanically, separating damage into slash, blunt, and piercing and having different types of armors that defend against each differently (plate does well against slash but bad against blunt, and such) would be too much for your average normalgroid to process.
Aesthetically, realistic armor is "boring", especially in fantasy settings. Which is why we have the faggy, overdesigned Warcraft armor so prevalent in RPGs.

Mordhau

It can be as realistic or as clownsuit as you want

Attached: 2394879283748932.jpg (3096x875, 635K)

>(plate does well against slash but bad against blunt, and such) would be too much for your average normalgroid to process.
Yeah how could they possibly expect fucking normies to understand that extremely common mechanic. Only superior intellects such as myself grasp such nuance.

>leather
How to quickly spot the pop history fag talking out his ass.

Okay, how about a good game

>acthshually leather was never used in war!
Oh boy here we go again

Leather was almost certainly not used for armor at any point in the middle ages.

Attached: IMG_20170616_001921.jpg (1080x1368, 277K)

Mordhau is a good game

Attached: 20190629145923_1.jpg (481x893, 95K)

90% of all modern RPGs have basic "damage" and "defense" stats.

>It's multiplayer so it's bad!
Why is Yea Forums intimidated by other Gamers?

Rude

Attached: IMG_20170615_235702.jpg (1080x1426, 330K)

from the games i played only kingdom come deliverance. no other game comes close to that

Attached: 1520776273600.jpg (751x1063, 234K)

Yes, leather was absolutely never used in war, that's why the word for boiled leather, cuir bouili has no relation to cuirass.

Wait a second...

Chivalry :^)

Mountain blade

Depending on 11th-16th century the common soldier on the battlefield would be wearing a maille hauberk and helmet all the way to a brigandine with a bascinet and plate on his arms and legs. Never leather, leather was never armor. As for video games I think some do a good job with realistic armor, and progressing from maille all the way to plate would be very cool. Oh yeah and dark souls does have "realistic" armor in magical fantasy standards, but realistic may have to go to kingdom come and maybe mordhau.

Attached: n4.png (585x931, 939K)

>it has a relation to something therefor it is that something
If the reddit-spacing and the ellipsis use wasn't already red flags.

>leather was absolutely never used in war
Never said that, its just well known it has next to no defensive value. Outerwear, belts, jackets, etc? Absolutely. But I would ADORE if you could find me one piece of evidence that it was used for armor in the middle ages

Because tin-can armour only had a very small amount time where it was actually useful, and if you were to keep it historical you couldn't even have most bows or crossbows, and you d pretty much just be fighting peasants and pillaging.

Witcher 2's is fucking great, too bad about what they did with 3's armor.

Attached: 1466713120294.jpg (783x1021, 110K)

What weapon is leather gonna protect you against? A sword? An axe? A mace? Arrows?

Mm yes, never used, I agree, thats why we have museums filled with leather armor.

Wait...

>Because tin-can armour only had a very small amount time where it was actually useful
The knight fully suited in plate armor was a dominant force on battlefields from the late 14th century until the end of the Italian wars in the 1500s. Even before plate, the armored knight completely dominated battlefields across Eurasia.

Why is the dude in the middle dressed like Ramesses II?

Kingdom Come was good.

Attached: 1537147713053.png (640x261, 234K)

Ah yes the reddit teenager is out of arguments now, God I wish I could throttle you.

Fuck swadian cuckolds

What do I win?

Attached: file.png (1014x25, 8K)

Thats ironic because this whole 'leather was never used' bullshit came up from shittid posters first then migrated here. So you just ousted yourself newfag.

Leather is for belts, fasteners, brigandines, and comfort, plate is for protection. You can stab through leather, you can't stab through plate. Not a hard concept to grasp. Also that thing you thought was studded leather armor (pic related)

Attached: 920d54770814307c338dd8e7e60af632.jpg (1632x1232, 331K)

Witcher 2 isn't historical but that style of headwrap was very much in fashion as every day wear among European noblemen from the late 14th century until the mid 15th.

Lol internet badass over here

Post one

But user im agreeing with you. The fact we have manuscripts and books from the era which describe the use of leather armor and physical leather armor from the medieval era on display around Europe proves it was literally, never, ever used ever in war. Thats how this works doesn't it, if you say it never happened then it didnt even when you have actual physical evidence in front of you.

This. Real armor in the Middle Ages was quite garish and colorful. Well not the metal itself but the tabards and such were often very bright colors.

You do realise the leather isn't what gives this armor its protective value, right? Are you retarded?

post pics or issa loss friendo

Attached: 430e57f39dafba78a7acd203040618a4.png (366x550, 253K)

Again, you have no sources, and AGAIN, we are talking about leather itself being the protective armor, not a component that holds together the actual protection, like what this retard is implying.

Im just going to point out this entire 'leather was never used' bullshit came from shittid and this is where it started as much as I hate posting a link to this toxic shithole

reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/8v1gai/the_real_truth_about_leather_armour/

In other words fuck off you shittid scum newfags.

what does Yea Forums think about female knights?

Attached: femaleknight1.jpg (1600x2400, 426K)

I wasn't saying whether or not leather armor was used in warfare, I just pointed out that is reasoning on the particular point he was trying to make is suspect.
>Thats ironic because this whole 'leather was never used' bullshit came up from shittid posters first then migrated here.
Yes, but this redditor happens to believe the opposite. He's still a redditor regardless.

>playing as anything but the 1%

My source is two seconds in Google

Attached: file.png (628x19, 4K)

How to spot a retard who is just repeating shit from other retards.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_leather

Lamellar leather armor was used across Eurasia, particularly for horses.

Attached: femaleknight3.jpg (1600x2400, 430K)

You know a lot about reddit and redditors, please fuck off back there. And just to show you how deep in reddit faggotry you are, no, the idea that leather was useless protection wise definitely didn't begin with your butt buddy.

Dude, I can see you moving that goalpost from the moon.

Attached: femaleknight8.jpg (1600x2400, 324K)

Fuck off shittid newfags

Fr Honor got that right at least since every fags wants to be the prettiest girl on prom night with their custom snowflake armor sets.

>wiki

Attached: 1567463551989.jpg (1024x856, 71K)

why would a knight wear lipstick?

why does she look like she has the downs?

To suck dick in exchange for her life when she loses

Love them! Ironically I find that the more practical the armor, the hotter it is.

Attached: 6D32EFD1-7B32-4071-8DE0-BF8375E45F48.jpg (576x768, 138K)

>dark souls

Attached: 1564326785276.png (594x582, 57K)

I want a female knight to step on me and call me a peasant, is it really too much to ask?

What I find most pathetic is the little pseudo-intellectual nerd fuckboys who think they're smart and totally perceptive for pointing out deisgn flaws in stupid gaudy armour. Like you want to make it clear to all your peers "I'm the smart one. I am the intellectual one. I understand combat and value logic above all" and you go on nitpicking this stupid shit that is made purely for the fuck of it. The overwhelming irony of it all is that you're the biggest motherfucking retard alive for actually believing you're the only one who can perceive the stratigic faults of these designs and thinking other people aren't as perceptive as you. here's a reality check you fucking cock wrangler. Everyone is aware of these things. They don't spend hours whining about it on image boards and forums and fucking youtube comment sections. Not because they're stupid, uneducated or unperceptive. It's because it's insignificant shit, and they aren't insecure enough to go whine about trivial realism bullshit in cheap, flashy entertainment. You're like the fuckwit that whines about people not knowing how bad fast food is for them because they continue to eat it. They know it's bad. They don't give a shit. You whiny little faggot.

i like this armor

Attached: femaleknight2.jpg (1600x2400, 466K)

Impossible outside of fiction.

>Reflection in the armor is empty
THEN WHO WAS CAMERA?

britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/search.aspx?searchText=Leather

The problem with leather like most fibrous materials is that it falls apart very quickly over time. If you took any leather and buried it for even 50 years you wont have much if anything left by the end that time. Thats why we dont have many good examples like we have for metal armor.

That being said lots of euro based museums have acquired some, usually because it was actually stored in unusual ways which stopped it going bad.

This entire argument is really funny. Leather is probably the most common fabric humans ever used apart from cloth since it is so easy to make. The mere suggestion in any shape or form it was never present on battlefields as armor is just laughable. Peasants were often levied and went to battle in cloth, yet somehow we are supposed to believe that even though we have accurate recounts and examples of leather from battle that all medieval armies ever were only
>cloth or cloth based armor
>NO leather
>straight to mail

This is just amusing to watch armchair reddit historians try to convince people otherwise. I've actually been to the British museum and literally seen leather curiass on display, you could to, its right there lol.

We've moved past that, now we're looking at chicks in armor.

>I want a female knight to step on me and call me a peasant, is it really too much to ask?
it can be arranged

Attached: femaleknight4.jpg (1600x2400, 455K)

Holy fuck you guys are retards. Leather armor not only existed, but was common as fuck.

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-210616.png (720x1280, 315K)

If by realistic you mean something that is visualy equal to real life, then, in my opinion, unless the game is takes place in a real life setting, it has no need to portray realistic armor. Also, 99% of the public wont have the capability to recognize realistc armor anyways. As an example of that, can you recognize how anacronistc the armor in the pic that you posted is.

Mordhau is shit game and the armors looks like LARP shit.

Faggots

Attached: british museum rarebrace.jpg (678x800, 59K)

>tfw dropping swadian faggots with my crossbow on horseback
I'd love to see what kind of damage the masterwork variation of the siege crossbrow can do though.

Oh so it says right there on the article it only had actual protective value when coupled with strips of metal. And as for sources of its use in medieval combat, we have 2 sources? One of which describes it as the leather helmets and bracers used by archers, which assuredly wouldn't be expected to provide protective value in melee. The other source being a chanson describing knightly shin armor....

Attached: vambrace laiden.jpg (597x294, 22K)

I don't know why leather boots being tougher than regular shoes is a ok, but talk about making tougher clothing out of leather and these retards go apeshit

Attached: ccfef9b81d6aedcc0d0fd966c18d0de6.jpg (935x1310, 99K)

>Dude weed lmao

Attached: 1567645234254m-1.jpg (171x223, 13K)

Because most games cater to retards like Smashfags

It literally says in that link that it was used mostly for carrying cases and as armor couldn’t take a direct blow

Stop responding to the shittid posters, its got nothing to do with historical accuracy they're just armchair historians thinking they are sticking it to the man by saying leather never existed.

>which assuredly wouldn't be expected to provide protective value in melee
So you admit you're wrong? You're conceding that leather has protective value in ranged combat. Glad to see you come around.

what

>Peasants were often levied and went to battle in cloth, yet somehow we are supposed to believe that even though we have accurate recounts and examples of leather from battle that all medieval armies ever were only
Oh its been said that a peasant would carry his shitty leather jacket into battle, it hasn't been said convincingly that this leather was of protective value or could be called armor. Reinforced with other materiel? Sure. But your're implying the personal leather clothing that commoners could provide was armor?

Leather shoes aren't expected to, or even can, handle a blow from a medieval weapon.

Attached: Tartu vambrace.jpg (411x640, 63K)

I dont because im not a cummind

WoW

Vambraces are to stop the bowstring from cutting your arm... that’s like considering leather shoes armor

What are some games with armor like this? I would fucking love a game with armor style like this with Morrowind's armor system.

Attached: 1555151465339.jpg (1806x924, 281K)

Nope, never said that either you retard. You think their fucking leather helmets could handle a direct arrow hit? You people are so autistic, this crap would be more personal wear for protection against the elements, if a crossbow bolt can penetrate plate, what the fuck good is a leather cap or helmet?

It’s pretty dope user. I’m very autistic about boobplate though no matter how subtle

Attached: 6812849A-DB48-4EB8-BCD4-68C06472CA5C.jpg (575x768, 55K)

i like female knights

Attached: femaleknight5.jpg (1600x2400, 306K)

>Dude! I looooove armor! Check out these cool pictures of knights! I wish I lived in medieval times!

Attached: file.png (250x250, 49K)

>be a peasant walking along with some buddies
>pic related walks by
>when he is out of earshot you whisper to you lads to take a gander at that faggot
>turn around and he is walking towards you drawing his sword

What do you do?

Medieval 2 Total War

user, you're literally saying the equivalent as plastic was never invented. You have the examples in your face, and say it didnt exist.

We have examples, real, physical, examples of leather armor, from covering feet to arms to chest to head, used in medieval war, for hundreds of years. And leather as armor in human society for literally over two thousand.

It existed, conversation over.

i understand

Attached: femaleknight10.jpg (564x846, 70K)

>What the fuck good is a leather cap or helmet
Making you seethe. You can't take back your mistake now, every post you make only gives me more salt to rub on my nipples, you've already lost.

You realise vambraces aren't meant to provide protection in combat, correct?

because realism is for nitpicky morons

just play the damn game and have fun

Push him over and stab him in the joints.

I think the whole NO LEATHER ARMOR thing just kinda boils down to miscommunication.

>Cuirasses and helmets and shit made out of boiled leather, rawhide, leather lamellar
Absolutely existed, but how often do you see that in video games and other fantasy?
>Pic Related-style generic Fantasy Leather Armor
Not really. Studded leather, especially, is pretty much just something Gygax made up for D&D.

Attached: latest[1].png (1544x1170, 2.42M)

yuor retard

>if a crossbow bolt can penetrate plate
user at the peak of plate armor a bow around 200lb couldn't pierce a breast plate. what makes you think a crossbow could?

>You realise vambraces aren't meant to provide protection in combat, correct?
but it says +1 armor. what's wrong with you bro

Attached: femaleknight7.jpg (1600x2400, 362K)

>>
I smirk and as he is about to take his swing I draw my katana and in one swift motion bisect the inferior warrior before he knows what happens.

Me and my buddies honor the warrior, even if he was a warrior only in name.

>push him over
do people still believe that full plate was hard to move in meme?

Because why the fuck not? It doesn't reduce your combat ability in any way, and irl knights were pretty arrogant, so if they accepted women and lipstick was available at that time, they would definitely wear it

Fuck this is asthetic. Anyone got anything similar/better?

Also what the fuck is the headwrap for? Does it serve a purpose or just for looks?

Attached: 1562878041010.gif (773x512, 53K)

idk their movement looks pretty restricted

Attached: knights pumping iron.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

If plate armor was so good why don't modern soldiers use it checkmate turds

I never said that. If just that if hes on the ground its that much harder for him to fight back, now ain't it?

I don't have to wish
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxQR5haqTs

Good thing this is a video game board faggot

OP already post the best one i.e. Kingdom Come.

The Modern Knight. Perfection... Improved.

Attached: 1495242962152.jpg (761x761, 71K)

Calradia 1404
Total War 1212 (era spans from 1200-1400)

Say something along the lines of
>twas only a jest my lord!
Before i get swiftly cut down

the armor for the footknights in witcher 2/3 is probably my favorite set of armor in any medieval game

Attached: temeriandudes_by_superninjanub-dbahcyg.jpg (745x1072, 125K)

Name one (1) game that has a better looking set of armor than the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

remember, armor was MADE to fight in.

That's not really the point.

Attached: IND_79_1.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

KC:D was kino, I need the sequel already

Its good you admit with this post you no longer have an argument.

You are mincing words. No one said leather, period, was never worn. It was said that in the middle ages, leather alone was never used as armor, unless you are going to count the every day wear a peasant levy used as armor. If urban combat came to your city, and you were an insurgent, would the wool overcoat you'd wear be called 'armor'? Nobody ever said Brigandine or lamellar didn't exist, but again, their protective value doesn't come from the leather.

JCN Coulston - The Encyclopedia of War, 2011 - Wiley Online Library
… Armor finds from Late Classical Macedonian elite burials include fine scale gorgets, closed at the back and … Laced leather lamellar cuisses for thigh protection were recovered at Dura-Europos, a Roman frontier city in … The earliest helmets may have been made from rawhide …

the BVLL of Ostland

Attached: 0T8nuTa.jpg (691x1032, 271K)

man i wish vermintide wasn't l4d garbage

Me too famalam.

There is lamellar leather that is 100% rawhide, no metal you fucking mong. Early Etruscans actually shifted from copper to rawhide because it worked better.

>Its good you admit with this post you no longer have an argument.
There's no more argument to be had. You said there's no leather armor, I proved you wrong. Doesn't matter how delusional you wanna be, it exists, and there's nothing you can do about it.

>KC:D was kino, I need the sequel already
I hope they improve the combat some. I really feel like KC:D is going to be Warhorse Studios "The Witcher 1"

Attached: 1cda362c8f558ccb6b45cddbf97dd3ce.jpg (564x846, 59K)

walk away quickly until he falls over from heat stroke

Well yeah the combat became a mess as soon as there was more than one enemy.

All they have to do is removing the auto-lock.

>combat became a mess as soon as there was more than one enemy.
I felt it was gonna be like this when you saw in the trailers that it only showed the player fighting 1 guy at a time

Attached: cdeffa70272b135bb87c11bb6eba2b08.jpg (564x846, 71K)

This discussion has been about the middle ages from the start, of course in the preceding 2,000 years of armor development there would be examples.

>Leather was almost certainly not used for armor at any point in the middle ages.
My words. I misspoke because that implies it wasn't used as a component, which is definitely was, but we are talking about the middle ages, and purely leather armor wasn't a thing in the middle ages, again, unless you're counting peasant every day wear. You're grasping at straws.

>All they have to do is removing the auto-lock.
yeah all they had to do was made it so you could toggle for 1v1 and then toggle off to fight multiple enemies

Attached: P1010729.jpg (1200x1600, 307K)

>Vambraces are to stop the bowstring from cutting your arm
Then why it covers the entire outside of the arm and not just the inside.

>You realise vambraces aren't meant to provide protection in combat, correct?
Says who? also the first one is a rarebrace.

Attached: Historiska Museet archives Rarebrace.jpg (2048x1536, 480K)

>You're grasping at straws
I'm grasping at your straw-sized dick and sucking out your salty tears through it. Deflect all you want, you can't change reality

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Go type leather lamellar armor into Google Scholar.

"ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND USE OF LAMELLAR ARMOUR IN THE CURRENT MIDDLE AGES
Lord Robert'de Tyre Esquire, OWOQF OPF, MKA Robert L Coleman Jr
This class is offered partly in response to a cry I've heard far too many times over the seventeen years I've been involved with the SCA;" There isn't a style of armour protective enough for use in SCA rattan combat developed prior to 1350 CE." It is my observation that this mindset is limiting, given the plethora of pre-1350 armor styles used in Western Europe. Mail was not the sole form of defense; harnesses of scale, lamellar and brigandine forms were used along with mail or sometimes in addition to it...

Our armour of focus is lamellar. This flexible, easy-to-build harness utilized materials easily available to the medieval armourer. It is an armour made of small, rectangular or square plates laced into rows. The materials in extant pieces were varied, from metals such as iron, steel and bronze to rawhide, waxed leather, horn, ivory, whalebone and other rigid organic material. Lacing materials including wire, rawhide or leather thongs, silk or linen cord were used. Whereas mail required a skilled armourer and apprentices weeks to build, lamellar needed only shearing, punching and lacing.

A Suit of Lamellar Armour
Nina Frankenhauser
of the 10th Interim Meeting, 23
In 1929, the DLM-German Leather Museum/Shoe Museum bought a suit of lamellar armour that was collected in Tibet and is presumably of Naxi origin. The armour is made up of hundreds of leather and rawhide or semi-tanned lamellae, which are arranged in dense overlapping rows and are laced to one another with leather and rawhide straps. The armour covers the whole body and also protects the upper arms. All the lamellae are coated with lacquer, probably all with shellac as bonding medium

>The stuff you've posted are limited to the 1% of noble aristocracy while the majority of serfs wore chain mail or leather.
Bitch, google Munition Armour

Plate being exclusively afforded to nobles is a fucking meme.

Dude, that's pretty gay.

So runescape is the most accurate? Also includes blows either glancing off or hitting a weak point rather than flat damage reduction. Perhaps runescape really is the best.

Darklands but you probably can't play it.

Egyptian leather armor from the tomb of Tutankhamun

Attached: 455ef56dd0824512aec2d838b08ea08c.jpg (835x626, 130K)

Attached: 1514729891940.jpg (630x188, 21K)

look how he's lewdly touching her calf

Attached: sword girl.webm (1000x837, 1.92M)

>crotch area shopped to hell
whahuh
why even

Munition armor appeared in the 15c. Middle ages lasted for 1000 years. we are talking about 10 % of the middle ages when talking about mass produced armor. Armor being reserved for the mobility is not a meme.

I like the battered and weathered, incomplete armor look because I wanna be cool like that.

Attached: mercenary[1].jpg (450x675, 38K)

Attached: 1466002908122.jpg (234x215, 5K)

>is pretty much just something Gygax made up for D&D.
You can't blame him though. Limited library collections and no internet meant all he had were pictures of brigantines but no explanation of what the "studs" were. From the outside it kinda does just look like a leather shit with studs.

This guy is so full of shit, I have seen again and again zero proof that lamellar was used in medieval Europe.

>Outside of areas influenced by steppe culture such as Russia and Hungary the only European settled state that seems to have deployed and produced lamellar armor to any extent is the Byzantine Empire.

Lamellar basically wasn't a thing in medieval Europe, especially not leather lamellar.

>Tibet and is presumably of Naxi origin

WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE EUROPEAN MIDDLE AGES FROM THE START. Repeat after me, common European medieval soldiers and levys NEVER USED LAMELLAR.

kinda cringe but idc

Attached: sword waifu.webm (640x640, 1.48M)

Codpiece needs to be bigger desu.

>Why do games need realistic armor?
Because it looks cool, ironically as a result of being designed solely for practicality.
>The stuff you've posted are limited to the 1% of noble aristocracy while the majority of serfs wore chain mail or leather.
Wrong. During feudal times you wouldn't want peasants fighting your wars because then nobody's farming the land you're fighting over. Only in the most desperate of circumstances would this happen, because the basic tenants of feudalism is that the wealthy nobles fight and protect the peasants, who in turn feed him and his family.
At the point in history when full plate like in the OP was available, it was mass produced for equipping the crown's armies. Otherwise, it was worn by mercenary companies, who were loaded professional soldiers and could outfit themselves easily.
Everyone and their dogs wearing full plate is the sole reason that the meme weapon that is the poleaxe came to be.

Attached: 1556609124287.jpg (4000x1818, 3.28M)

Your words are dumb though and you made me dumber for believing you. This dude posted a book on Middle Ages Warfare that says rawhide armor was used into the Islamic Age. I buy that more than your total lack of sources and hand waving.

The wikipedia also cites leather horse armor being used in the 12th century.

Thx for the QT, user.

Attached: 1462059601171.png (720x644, 31K)

>thread is clearly about armor in Medieval Europe from the get go
>someone makes the argument that full leather armors were rarely, if ever used at that time in that region
>HURR MUH JAPANU, MUH ETRUSCAN, MUH KING TUT
Stop posting.

>Wiki

There are also zero reliable sources so far that assert lamellar or purely leather armor was ever used in medieval Europe.

Sellsword set is my favorite too user. Fucking stylish.

Isnt the guy in the OP wearing full on leather armor over his entire chest? Or is it not realistic?

why are you guys arguing when you know the other person isn't going to change their mind? you're just wasting your breath. you have limited time on this earth, fellas. don't waste it arguing with a stump.

Attached: women shooting.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

And they say I am grasping at straws. This is the mindset of the reddit teenager, so desperate to get the dopamine rush of a won argument they will pull any bullshit out of their ass.

There is riveted plate under that, unless he cheaped out and those studs are only meant to give the impression of that.

Who was talking about the middle ages?
YOU are the one who said "the stuff you've posted" while quoting the OP. That specific kind of shit did not even exist until the 15th century. Fuck off.

>Why dont more games use realistic armour?
because then the game would become a grapple simulator

> Developers keep threatening to add niggers and women.
Yeah, that put me right off that game.

There is a quantifiable lack of proof for purely leather armor in medieval Europe. If that doesn't change their contrarianism, it isn't my fault.

Lady Knights are my favorite fantasy units

Attached: TO KnightF.png (641x566, 290K)

How come? Do you have a brain full of cum?

based

Attached: femaleknight9.jpg (1600x2400, 373K)

Attached: giv.png (778x512, 45K)

Exanima.

They're just dancing circles around the SJWs who are looking for a win on a medieval game after they lost to KC:D. You can still say nigger in chat without any repercussions.

Nah, we're just not homos like you.

good taste.

Sorry, I don't think you'll find many cute anime girls in realistic armour. That is your taste, correct?

What happened to the leatherfags? They were so confident and eager to reply not ten minutes ago.

WHAT IS IT WITH THOSE TWO STUPID FLOWER THINGS NEAR THE ARMPITS, THAT SHIT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH, IT RUINS THE REST OF THE ARMOR AESTHETIC, GIVE ME SOMETHING SLEEKER, REEEEEEEEEEE

Its to protect the joints, bro. Otherwise there is a big chain-mail opening there.

Why does anyone wear lipstick, actually? It doesn't look attractive at all.

Besagews.
Getting hit in the armpit became a problem, so, they decided to do something about it.

protects major artery (axillary)

dumb fuck

It's not there to look pretty, it's there to attract the eyes.

Playing the street organ while you dance

you get that or nothing
big rounded plates won't work

>I want my historical video game to be fictional
Historical revisionsim is a mental illness

Yeah is called 1340 , Op pic is an anacronistic mess however.

No, he is wearing something called coat of plates( or pair of plate), basicaly, ovelaping segments of plates riveted to a textile fundation and a cover wich can made of diferent materials depending on wealth.

youtube.com/watch?v=TIETktvwXFE

Attached: gunther_von_schwarzburg_a_s15_r749.jpg (708x1740, 447K)

Cunny Crusaders?

Attached: crusader loli.png (651x794, 453K)

Are you playing a dirge, in memory of your arguments?

shit

>big rounded plates won't work
But those are big rounded plates

It’s a video game mate it’s already fictional but I get your point. At least we have HEMA and such so we can pretend

Attached: 52360E5B-66C5-4E47-B937-02F6954C0E31.jpg (1309x2045, 305K)

No matter what I'm playing you'd still be around providing entertainment for everyone at your own expense

I agree but
>weeb dress “armor”

Attached: 65368689-11B7-4CCD-B21D-C0555C589993.jpg (564x847, 71K)

Cope leatherfag, you lost and everyone can see it.

This, you can't get better than that.

That's the fantasy part

Attached: Lady_FencerE.png (560x1050, 304K)

If that's what you have to tell yourself.

i've seen worse.

Attached: 67516228_10156747423119858_2977071836946235392_n.jpg (862x960, 334K)

I don't have to tell myself anything, your lack of replies and sources speaks for itself.

Dragon's Dogma has some nice layered shit.

Is this the mocap actor for Geralt?

Weird skirt things were a thing, as were puffy sleeves. When you can afford to cover yourself from head to toe in steel, you can afford to cover your steel in stylish cloths and colors.

Attached: dress armor.jpg (470x650, 65K)

>early to mid armor is pretty realistic in tone
>BBI armor is full fantasy aside a few pieces like the mercenary boots and the gamberson
I mean I like both both they needed more options

It will never not annoy me that it has an empty scabbard permanently attached.

They've been speaking, you just refuse to listen. Like a kid with his fingers in ears who can't accept that Santa isn't real. But do you know what is real? Leather armor

Have sex

Full plate armor or Frilly Dress plate armor

Attached: Philippa.jpg (452x641, 56K)

Oh hey that’s actually pretty cool i rescind my precious statement

Attached: 71F76D8C-3166-4B3A-A7E9-4BF0AE574E42.jpg (517x768, 85K)

>3 months of no content
>all for ranked mode
meanwhile, the game is still unbalanced as fuck and filled with shit like this

Attached: nice hitboxes.webm (1000x562, 2.93M)

You're arguing against a strawman, and you still lost. Funny, we still see no sources for full leather armor in the European middle ages. And you disingenuous teens tried to make us all think lamellar was used in western Europe, why should anyone take you seriously?

Attached: 1534559803021.jpg (640x426, 77K)

War thunder
Fucking hell that game did it well
I don't see why someone doesn't downscale it and use it with a realistic battle simulation game, or even just a regular run of the mill RPG like elder scrolls.

I fucking love armor with loads of cloth.

Attached: jbq9bvjyh65.jpg (400x533, 94K)

>still no sources, links, or arguments

Stop playing with third worlders

Crusader armor a best.

>min/maxing instead of going for maximum armor /fa/
Get a load of this plebeian. If you're getting that much in the armpit, you clearly need to work on your fucking parries.

I've presented them, you refuse to accept them. I've spent enough time tutoring you, any further reply from you will count as an apology for your gross incompetence, which I will gladly accept.

I wish i had i jupon.

Attached: 49-33.jpg (1390x752, 1.09M)

deep down

Attached: 2433019-1224454258-22366.jpg (1020x648, 90K)

The more grounded armors in Dark Souls are really good.

Attached: ds3 knight.jpg (765x1148, 89K)

The Armorer and His Craft, page 97, details the use of leather armor for an entire chapter and it's use for horses in the middle ages, through the 15th century, citing examples from England and Spain .

You have now been fully and totally btfo and have no goals posts left to move

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-221431.png (720x1280, 303K)

Waiting for you to link it if its itt. Your boyfriend gave up posting in admission of defeat, you should do the same.

The colors really add to it. Even just some light gilding here and there or just blueing can completely change a set, but cloth really completes it. It's what I like of the Bretonnian Knights.

Attached: knights_of_bretonnia.jpg (1280x800, 197K)

britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=47551&partId=1&searchText=vambrace&view=list&sortBy=objectTitleSort&page=1

I accept your apology. Have a good day.

>Yeah is called 1340 , Op pic is an anacronistic mess however.
Fucking what? Also how is the op armor anacronistic?

Kingdom Come Deliverance?

>16th and 17th century examples
>used for jousts and tourney
>arm and leg guards in tourney
You spent the last half hour desperately searching and this is what you have? Did you even read it?

>d-down.jp/pc/
The website is still up and there's a link to it on capcom-onlinegames.jp.

Yeah, I just love that shit.

Attached: 3b52e24877cbd51ab92581af3ce0f377.jpg (564x846, 116K)

It says it was used for horse armor in combat retard. Goal posts going back even more I see.

BTW, here is a historian calling you retarded too.

quora.com/Did-leather-armor-ever-exist

Also this book is known to have outdated information, its from 1912. Can you please find a modern source for the use of leather armor in western medieval combat? Because this is all I can find that makes anything close to the vague the assertion.

So, what's the purpose of all those spins, just leaving an opening to get her head smashed in?

>ctrl + f
>leather
>85 matches
Reddit purge when?

FFXI had some fucking amazing looking armor, considering it's a 2002 game that came out before WoW and a lot of other MMOs.

Attached: 1550612263701.jpg (467x700, 110K)

>quora.com/Did-leather-armor-ever-exist
I never said leather armor didn't exist. I said fully leather armor wasn't used in the European middle ages, and you still haven't convinced me, especially since your book has incorrect sourcing.

they're not practical use whatsoever in combat. Maybe to distract an opponent is a bit of a ways away and they're advancing, but it's mostly just to show how the weapon is an extension of their body. Mastery, if you will.

t. trains with gigantic wooden stick everyday
The spins you see in movies would never work in a real fight because the second the spinning weapon hits ANYTHING, it gets knocked out of your hand. If nothing else, it would stop the fucking momentum of the spin in its tracks.

Got something to say about leather fuck boy?

Attached: file.png (259x194, 70K)

Yeah, but that means buying the game and risking that they might decide at any point to add women and niggers to the game. And I don't want to run that risk.

Why wouldn't you want the opportunity to bash the heads of women and niggers in with a club?

Yeah I do gimp.

Its really good as armor and as a material used in conjunction with other materials including as just layering.

Give me a game where I can where REAL armor like this bad boy over here.

Attached: arrmour-codpiece.jpg (670x870, 153K)

Runescape is not overdesigned but it's not particularly accurate. For example, why would you have a sleeveless mail shirt?

Thanks, based big stick autistic user.

Attached: 1533240757637.jpg (600x585, 97K)

>why would you have a sleeveless mail shirt?
Because sleeves cost extra. That was legitimately a thing.

Because historical appeal is the only selling point the game has.

Rance

>extremely common mechanic

List 10 examples.

>why would you have a sleeveless mail shirt?
user, chainmaille wasn't cheap

The book the earlier user posted cited leather armor used in the 8th century.

We've moved from no leather armor in the Middle Ages, to no "fully" leather armor in Europe (excluding Byzantium an Hungary, they don't count apparently) and for people not horses.

Far cry from "leather was never used for protective value."

but knights had money, I'd say this guy is like a man at arms

Who says realistic armor can't be stylish?

Attached: IMG_0002.jpg (2338x2816, 2.37M)

>Sòy Souls ia the first thong postee
Armor doesn't even protect you in that crap game get the fuck outta here.

Attached: 1566713960145.png (331x384, 123K)

any game that armor works like irl?

How would women and niggers ruin the historical appeal? If you're thinking of historical accuracy, the game already doesn't have that

It does though, how are niggers and your fantasy women in armor in 1409 Bohemia historically accurate?

Not that guy but off the top of my head I don't think rondels and lambrequins were used at the same time periods. I guess he's trying to look like a crusader judging by the lambrequin but some pieces of his armor are late medieval designs. I've never seen a set of crusader armor with rondels.

Well doing reading, I am going to leave it at this: leather was used, as a component with other armor, but the sources for leather alone being used are few and up to interpretation. But in the end, its conceivable, and it did happen it seems, that leather alone as used. Its referenced as being worn by some troops of William the Conqueror, but after the mid 1100s, seems to have totally fallen out of use in western Europe outside tournies. To me, the implication seems that it was normally worn over or with mail or padding, and only a truly desperate or poor soldier would use it as armor alone, and even then only in the early high middle ages. Leather armor was used in the middle ages, and at one point it may even have been common, but it fell out of use by 1200, except as limb armor.

>Flag on your spear

Attached: 1492943624745.jpg (814x814, 139K)

I didn't realize they had regenerating health in the middle ages. Where did that technology go?

Modern Knight would be something closer to a Special Operations Officer than a grunt

Those were sacrifices made in order to improve gameplay.
How does adding niggers and women improve gameplay?

Gameplay mechanics/=/ realism. If everytime you were injured and had to wait weeks in bed like when you first come to Rattay you'd complain anyway.

>1409 Bohemia
You're thinking of a different game.

'This is a topic (leather armor) that is highly debated among arms and armor historians. Many of the most comprehensive works on Medieval Europeans armors ignore the topic all together, because it's so inflammatory and open to interpretation.'

There we go boys, the use and extent of use of leather armor in medieval Europe is basically unknowable, because its based almost entirely on implication and interpretation.

No I'm pretty sure I was talking about Kingdom Come. Niggers didn't exist smack dab in the middle of medieval Czech Republic and there wwre no such thing as female warriors because 5'10 cockroach man will always overpower a woman because biology.

I agree that's needed to improve the gameplay, but it reveals the hypocrisy of the purist fags who are rabid for 100% complete and total historical accuracy.

>How does adding niggers and women improve gameplay?
You get to talk shit at people based on their character's skin color/gender. They could even add a couple gender-specific voiced insults.
>"Perhaps thou would be better suited for the kitchen rather than the battlefield"

>No I'm pretty sure I was talking about Kingdom Come.

Too bad nobody else was, idiot.

Leather is only used as framing insulation for metal armor and boots, that's it.

SURCOATS

Attached: outlaw_king_warwolf.webm (900x506, 2.82M)

Prove it.

>I was talking about
The developers of KC aren't the ones talking about adding women and blacks, dumbass.

youtu.be/LP8QB_7Jsdc

Skall talks about leather armor in this video

Haven't you retards paid attention? Nobody can prove shit about anything on this subject. There's the implication that leather being so common would naturally mean its used as armor by commoners, and the 2 or 3 sources that directly mention it, but the otherwise massive lack of evidence means we basically cannot know anything with any certainty.

Fair enough, but what about plateskirts
>chainmaille
redundant

Skall isn't a historian. He himself admits he's just a hobbyist. I can’t watch it right now, but going by the title alone (bone armor), he’ll be talking about all human history throughout the entire world. Wood and stone armor was also a thing in human history, as were bone weapons. Whether they were a thing in medieval Europe is different though.

Literally copied and pasted from all Reddit post. There have been multiple peer reviewed papers and scholarly books cited talking about leather.

>talking about leather
When are you going to get that we are talking about leather in fucking medieval Europe?

What i was tryng to say is that style armor is similar to to the armors of the year 1340, but autism got the best of me. Also the shape of the chest protecton belongs to around 1340, but other parts from the kit belongs to the second half of the 14th(like the gauntlets and the arm harness) and beggining of the 15th century(discs on the armpts).

not the same guy this video is pretty relevant to this whole bullshit.

Attached: 1-25.jpg (1692x1249, 527K)

Wtf? Type leather lamellar armor into Google Scholar...

>but what about plateskirts
youtube.com/watch?v=xmTfP4BeP3I

Leather lamellar armor wasn't used in western Europe, this has been pretty conclusively established.

Based

Attached: yande.re 136461 sample iwanaga_yoshinori knights_in_the_nightmare maria_(knights) sword.jpg (1400x979, 537K)

Yeah bro, the Romans

The 3 months of no patches frustrated me as well, because you could tell they were purposely refusing to reinvest in their own game and saving $$ by not hiring more team members. At that point I realized it was just a team of kids that got waay more cash than expected and had no idea how to sustain a player-base. They could have hired a competent map builder at least. Lazy ass euro work ethic.

Lamellar isn't European you dumb fucking niggerbrained retard.

>plateskirts
To let the enemy know you're a cute girl, obviously.
I still admit it's a fantasy game, I was moreso noting how it actually differentiated stab, slash, and crush damage.

not to mention
>3 months of no patches
>suddenly 5 patches in a week

so they spent 3 months fine tuning balance, only to flip flop all over tweaks right after release. they really don't know what they're doing. they should be pushing a small balance patch every week or so to feel it out, instead of
>global timing changes!
>whoops nevermind, reverted :)

Imagine tearing her breeches so she can sit on your face without removing her armor.

>the best weapon every good smith makes is always something fancy in form but basic in function
>the best weapon of the smith they all look up to is a normal form weapon with some embellishments but extraordinary qualities and function
Name even one game

Attached: 177833F0-D03A-44B0-983D-971ADA54FC3E.jpg (3452x2589, 2.56M)

Imagine her pissing on your face as punishment for ruining her clothes, haha, you'd really get what was coming to you

That's really hot user.

also i forgot to mention, one of the top players got dumpstered by a shield user on his duel stream a couple days before the new shield nerf patch. really makes you think

Too busy working on women and minorities to improve the core game.

Warband. Kind of.