youtube.com/watch?v=EezxEb0czZA
youtube.com/watch?v=4-BamISde_M
youtu.be/aR6x1R2FFNQ
youtu.be/n_0WTFwd5UI
youtube.com/watch?v=EpXSi3KXru8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I will defend this videogame thread until I die

AC sucks Exteel was better.

Western-style real-robot walking tanks are better.

>Never heard of this
>First result is "Last matches before shutdown"
Well that sucks
I don't give a shit I just want an actual videogame thread instead of nintendo garbage

>Western

Attached: okawara influence.png (750x568, 83K)

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NEW DXM DEMO?

Anyone got that "Super hyper mega ching chong beam" Western vs Asian mech picture?
Pretty sure the direct said it was out today sometime

Why do you think the game is going to get one? The full game releases in two weeks.

because the direct said one was literally coming today?

After getting some component cables for my PS2 I now see how good it looks, I really regret experiencing the AC franchise on a buggy emulator

This

Even though they improved a bunch of stuff from the old demo, a lot of people are still down on the game due to experiences with the first demo. I'm glad they're making a new demo to encourage people to take another look at it.

>6 already
Oh no

can't wait for machina

Attached: MD3-old.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

What's this game? Is it another dead game?

It isn't out yet, so look into it now.

Am I wrong for enjoying Front Mission Evolved even though it kinda sucks?

Well people enjoyed AC 2 even though it was awful, if the game sparks joy for you that's all that matters

does the new daemon demo have multiplayer

Based and Okawarapilled

Attached: mellowlink.jpg (1280x1870, 1.17M)

Go to the game's store page
Download demo

Mine is downloading right now

Compared to the abortion that is Left Alive it's fantastic, in hindsight.

Attached: frontmission DS2.jpg (512x446, 150K)

Yeah that wasn't very good

TARGET VERIFIED.
COMMENCING HOSTILITIES.

youtu.be/0Y1RY55yL2o

are we ever going to get our shit wrecked by him again? are we ever going to get another enemy as imposing as this motherfucker?

Attached: 18balls.jpg (960x586, 77K)

I'm at work so I can't download. Gimme some impressions guys.

like an hour ago

I think it has wireless multiplayer

I hope this game will make From make another AC

>Tfw Dual Gear is alive

early access; multiplayer may as well not exist as you'd expect, but I have a lot of fun with all the other stuff.

Switchbros how is the new demo of DXM?

AC6 when?

Guys I finished every AC game what the fuck do I play now

That was only the initial inspiration. Especially after lawsuits where they couldn't use those designs anymore they evolved and became something in their own right.

Attached: go be a clanner somewhere else.png (2652x1468, 2.76M)

The waiting game

Is MWO good?

It's frustrating because you can see glimpses of it being good and fun but the devs hid it behind walls of shit you have to dig through. It's not good or bad, it's fucking frustrating.

Fuck that I'm playing VOTOMS ps2

Is that actually good? Looks kuso

>9
Oh no no

>Copy of Nexus just arrived in the mail
Yeeeeeaahhh

Attached: never ever.gif (400x225, 2.9M)

>7
Goddamn anons these smashfags are pestering us

>You will never simultaneously fight 40 fort class' along with other hoards of BETA long enough to give an opening for your teammates
It'd be like a cross between AC and EDF in the best ways

Attached: 1502659888930.jpg (1600x1200, 301K)

I fucking hate Muv-Luv but that still looked like the coolest shit.

Fuuuuuuck AC on a real PS2 is so good bros.

Not user but it's alright. It's not fantastic, but it's got some fun moments and there's a surprising variety of ATs available.

can't wait for DxM to btfo ACfags

The crossover between DXM fans and AC fans I imagine is quite high, there's no need to cause this divide when really mechchads need to team up and fight the smashsmells

>no other combined-arms mecha game like Titanfall

I hate it this timeline.

Attached: 1482478837639.jpg (4200x2700, 3.38M)

>10
I will not let this die

Have sex

Mechs are better

Have mechs

le baste

But I don't have sixty hours to spare

Attached: file.png (460x215, 295K)

THERE IS A BOARD FOR THIS SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE MODS DOING, FUCK v

Yeah there's a board for videogames, it's called Yea Forums
Smash is barely a fucking videogame

>3
Home...

I fucking want a warhammer 40k mech game GOD DAMMIT
>Tau xv8 crisis suits
>Dreadnaugghts
>Chaos Dreads
>Deff Dreds
>Canoptek Spiders
>Wraithguard
>Sentinel
>Talos
>and a Carnifex

This really hasn't been made?

>/m/
>Talk about mecha
How naive. These days /m/ is mostly meta threads, gundam wank, and some tranny sjw replying to himself a dozen times.

WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DELETE THIS

I’ve always wanted a 40k FPS but we got a 40k tps that was so fucking horribly balanced it died in a few months.
Ultimate Apocalypse is my makeshift mech game by running all Tau mechs.
But also
Nidzillas

>tranny replying to himself
Who?

This. /m/ fucking died once generals were an accepted thing along with not telling the tripfags to fuck offm

>tripfag acceptance
Winced in emotional pain.

>tfw no knights of sydonya style game

Uhhh... Rtype final? Play as Chiron or the other mech-ships?

>not including knights
Come one, user, they're amazaing.

Honest question: whats worng with tripfags?

lmao

they can be annoying but /m/ tripfags arent really annoying imo

>All those subtle effects PCSX2 is straight up missing
Bros...

but its ok user
look at this amazing motion blur

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.12 - 13.35.37.88.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Oh shit I remember that mission, that was pretty cool

Titanfall is not mecha
If you want call of duty with vehicles you can try the new battlefields.

Play Mechwarrior Living Legends. It's pretty populated on weekends.

FUCK Last Raven. You hear me? FUCK IT

What's wrong user? Can't handle the torturous climb upwards on the path to become the Last Raven?

don't get all delusional

you dont have to hold my hand

It aint worth it. I'd rather amass a fortune and live my last days as some NEET rather than having to fight cheating AI with OP-Intensify because I can't carry over my shit from previous games.

You're entirely correct

Is LR a bad game or something? I'm saving up money to get a copy so I've only played up until Nexus

mechasassault was pretty fun

How the fuck do I into Front Mission?

Attached: 86AE7544-CFB7-4460-AE13-E32544B5D82B.jpg (960x540, 67K)

Zinaida is the hardest boss I've ever played in a game to date

If I remember right it's stupid hard

youtube.com/watch?v=HlEzM2rAhrA

Attached: 1467494547.gif (637x393, 123K)

It's ball busting hard to the point where is completely unfair in most occasions. AC3 is rather easy but fun, silent line is hard but fair. But you need a special kind of autism to tweak your mech and endure the many curve balls that the game throws at you.

It is GOOD, don't get me wrong. It's just that the game changes you and when you're finished with it, after all the pain and anger, you're left wondering if it was really worth it.

Ah, a fellow man of culture. Here's my jam:
youtube.com/watch?v=EezxEb0czZA

>That mission where instead of giving workers better working conditions they send in a Raven to slaughter them
As for songs there's something about Shining I just love
youtube.com/watch?v=4-BamISde_M

excellent taste

Confession: I dont like mech games where your main movement is just dashing/boosting to the left or right. If they have legs let them use em.

On another note: Anybody have any builds for Carnage Heart EXA?

Attached: Hmmm.gif (300x168, 285K)

I am looking forward to playing daemon x machina with Yea Forums and /m/

Attached: 1456631382891.jpg (770x578, 298K)

I can't believe Formula Front is actually fucking awesome
youtu.be/aR6x1R2FFNQ
Never heard of that game but it looks wild. You should for a heavy boy

Here's some mech games on the Switch I've found:
>Assault Gunner
>Asterbreed
>Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle
>Damascus Gear - Tokyo
>Damascus Gear - Osaka
>Into the Breach
>Mecha Storm
>Project Nimbus
>RXN -Raixin-
>Strike Suit Zero
>War Tech Fighters

Games with mechs or power armor
>Broforce
>Gato Roboto
>Implosion
>Tiny Metal

Been keeping myself busy until Daemon releases

It's ok man. I enjoy them all and have no preference. AC, MW and ZoE are fun for different reasons

>the entirety of Formula Front’s ost
youtu.be/n_0WTFwd5UI

Attached: E33A6338-29FA-41D8-9590-32A62B5AC28C.gif (718x404, 66K)

is that the legendary ball gundam?

I wasn't sure what I was expecting with FF, I went into it with low expectations because of its poor reviews. Little did I know what I got was one of the coolest AC titles, the AI customisation is insane

Do you emulate?

I emulate FF because PPSSPP is actually great, but just today I switched to being a physical guy for PS2

If I'm not mistaken there are a few metal slug games on the switch store

Attached: Svx-15D.png (496x416, 52K)

I miss Chromehounds

Attached: 1361382205679.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

THANK YOU

There's a game called MAV that's supposed to be a clone

How is MAV? I stopped following it after they dropped off of steam.

>Tried the Daemon x Machina Demo
>Feels like an even shittier AC Verdict Day

Attached: 1564526195958.jpg (492x368, 149K)

Dunno, I just know it exists while I was looking for mech games

Anyone got gameplay of DXM with the new demo?

>7
Pull up pull up

Think it's in the middle of being developed forever.

I know it's not mecha, but the star citizen fighter pvp scene has a heavy armored core/Gundam vibe to it between ace pilots and the crazy ass fights. Between the ship weapons and components customization and the six degrees of freedom it's the only thing getting me through this AC drought.

>Seriously contemplating a switch for DXM
Oh no

FM3 is the one that got most people into it, otherwise play 1/DS remake

Duel.

I was the user asking about getting into mech stuff the other day. I'm new to it all, but giant robots do tick a few of my boxes. Tell me if this is a good list to start with, and if there's anything I should add to it. Also, are there sequels to Getter Robo, or is it just the original manga?
>Gundam 0079
>Zeta Gundam
>G Gundam
>Gunbuster / Diebuster
>The Big O
>Getter Robo

Attached: tumblr_oql1fuJVGs1vlb6q0o1_400.gif (400x303, 1.86M)

There's shitloads of Getter Robo stuff, /m/ has a chart for it somewhere
Personally I think you shouldn't watch anything gundam related because it's shit, but if you're new I guess it's alright.
Be sure to watch SDF Macross, Do You Remember Love and Evangelion
Their quality is debated, but they're such huge parts of mech culture you'd be doing a disservice not watching them
As for more obscure picks I think you should Shinzou Ningen Casshan and Casshern Sins

>drop into a 2v2 duel with enemy Ravens
>Your 'partner' switches sides
>it's now a 3v1 death match
Shit got real. I wish more games could surprise you like this.

>Protect Freight Train
>Oh easy, there'll be some shitty MTs and some chump helicopters or something
>A fucking AC shows up and isn't messing around

>Macross: Do You Remember Love?
and
>Gurren Lagann the Movie: Childhood's End
>Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars

>Destroy Floating Mines?
>What an easy mission, I'll be spending my credits in no time

>Personally I think you shouldn't watch anything gundam related because it's shit
Gundam is extremely hit or miss. Watching the original series is worth it just to get to Char's counter attack but from there it turns into a morass of cash-grabs and wasted potential

Aren't the TTGL movies just compilation movies though?

I just couldn't into gundam. I dropped it at the episode where there's a pitched battle in space and Amuro literally, LITERALLY pulls a magic space sheet out of his ass and stops himself from burning in the atmosphere

Yeah. You have a big list so I chose the compilation movies instead of the whole series. The films are good to get a good idea of the whole thing and they don't stray away too much from the ideas of the series. The final fight in the movies is much better though. Pure kino if I may add and quite fitting. Entire series is built upon mechs fighting. Final fight is a fist fight for spiral beings' survival

>you'll be joined by a veteran pilot
>Dies while you're en route
>there's no way to save him
>you have to listen to him fight a losing battle
>that death scream
Did more to set the tone of the game than a dozen cut scenes.

What AC is that?

I have no desire to watch Evangelion. The mech designs aren't super appealing, and it seems pretty preachy / pretentious. I'm all for emotion / drama / political intrigue, but I don't care of existentialism and shit.
I'll check out Macross.
I'd rather just watch all of Gurren Lagann at that point. I'm not a huge fan of the new animation, though. I love retro stuff. I'm probably gonna watch Gunbuster first, just because I watched the scene with Gunbuster messing shit up, and it was hype as hell.
By the way, this wasn't me.

You're definitely a super robot fan then and if that's the case you've got to see GaoGaiGar

Why did Virtual-On have to die bros?
Why couldn't Sega give us even one modern game on the PC?

Attached: 1470882106854.jpg (1671x400, 317K)

There was a new on PS4 though

>pulls a magic space sheet out of his ass
Reflective heat shield, not even science fiction. I don't know what to tell you, the science fiction isn't even the point anyway. You watch Hiro go from a regular kid to murder machine and by the end of Char's counter attack you're all in on watching these two kill each other because it's all they've got left. Give it another shot user.

4Answer. It gets shit on alot but there are gem's of missions throughout.

>FUCK Last Raven.
Gladly

Attached: 6449901i.jpg (424x600, 92K)

Kek

dangaizer 3
gundam thunderbolt
dunbine ovas (for cool fantasy mecha slideshow)

NO

Exteel was a true gem, and it was a very sad day when it went down. Hands down the best mech arena shooter so far.

Also, post your mechs!

Attached: EDq4nnPUcAEjhUc.jpg (680x383, 41K)

retard

>and it seems pretty preachy / pretentious. I'm all for emotion / drama / political intrigue, but I don't care of existentialism and shit
Evangelion is a bit pretentious. TTGL is just pure hype fuel. It has existentialism undertones but it's rather subtle and most people I've met don't catch them.

Not the guy you're replying to but Char was the only fun part of Gundam and even him was not able to hold my interest in it. Macross on the other hand is pretty fun but the idol shit and singing gets boring eventually

I hated VDay and never played 4 or 5. I guess I just stayed with the old games

I got to play that one. Pretty fun

I love 4a and is probably my favorite ac due to the whole game being GO FAST DAKKA FAST. Well barring the laggy as fuck fortress missions.

It says there's eight different shows for that. That's a lot to swallow.
What's Gundam ZZ and Gundam Thunderbolt? There's so much Gundam stuff I might want to watch, and I don't have a definitive timeline.
I know Zeta is after 0079, and I think G is a spin-off / unrelated.

GaoGaiGar is just one show but it's part of a vague franchise
Gundam has different series', the most popular being Universal Century
Thunderbolt takes place during UC but is just a story you can watch any time
ZZ is a sequel to Zeta which is a sequel to 0079

Its good so far, though I can't nail down the control scheme. Feels like I need a third thumb.

Are the Gurren Lagann movies just edits of the show, or do they have new stuff that makes them required watching to understand the whole plot?

Not required but if you have the time watch the show then the movies

>tfw you start watching mecha then end up building 20 gunplus, 6 are still in their box

Thank God someone made a vidya thread about mecha. Can you help me identify a mech arcade game with a mech that uses trains for attacking and is piloted by a little girl and the creepy mech that looks like a brick golem with one eye piloted by an equally creepy girl with emotionless eyes? It's been in the backlog of my head for so long, last time I saw the game was in gradeschool. I'm already a grown dude now and working

That sounds awesome but I have no idea

Post DXM webms

Mecha is ___

>I hated VDay and never played 4 or 5
4A is not like VDay or 5. As an AC fan you either love it or hate it because like said it changes the emphasis to high speed hit-and-run builds. The middle point of the game is a 1v1 duel with the games supposed best Raven and it turns into a beam saber duel no matter what (because the AC is fast enough to out run missle barrages and laser sniping.) Either you counter punch with a heavy AC built to tank a direct hit or you go even faster and 'psssh, nothin personal kid' it. Alot of players were turned off by (what they considered) being limited in build options.

Aight. So, here's what I'm thinking (in this order):
>Gunbuster
>Diebuster
>Gundam 0079
>Zeta Gundam
>Gundam ZZ
>G Gundam
>Thunderbolt Gundam
>Gurren Lagann
>Getter Robo (manga)

Attached: source.gif (500x338, 997K)

the besta

>Mecha thread
More like realismfags vs everyone else

based but watch Giant Robo OVA

Can i make a zaku in Daemon?

Attached: 1565792994765.jpg (3040x2142, 1009K)

Anyone here know Metal Rage? Game has 8 classes like TF2 and was competitive as hell. Interestingly the last playable server was hosted in Taiwan, has Japanese voices for radio but made by South Korean devs. Met a few Russians and english speakers as well (SEA monkey here), the player roster was very international.

youtube.com/watch?v=EpXSi3KXru8

>Another dead game
Fuuuck

Ooo, I googled it, and I love the aesthetic. Is that all there is of that universe? Is there a show or something?
I need more 70's - late 90's stuff in general, honestly. I just like the old aesthetic more than anything new. The only thing I like past the year 2k is Space Dandy.

Attached: tumblr_ou10semExL1rsw96uo7_400.gif (338x230, 1.37M)

There's a manga and the whole art style is based off one dude
If you like the old aesthetic you have to watch DYRL

I played the taiwan server for a bit, was real fun my favorite was the one with shields and a flamethrower

Got it. So add Macross, DYRL, and Giant Robo to this list and I'm pretty much good to get into mecha overall?
I'm pretty set on starting with Gunbuster.

Yeah that's a great starting list, after that just literally google "anime like x"
There's decades of Gundam media if you get into it

how do people feel about Override?

Emphasis on the "was" on my post user, Up to this day I still can't scratch this itch Metal Rage and Exteel gave me. God I wish I can go back to 2010 just to replay it all

That class was a close quarters beast, God help you if you bump into someone who knows what he's doing. Good times.

Good deal.
I watched Giant Robo's opening, and it looks sick. I love the look of it. Might have to watch it right after Gun/Diebuster.

give me a fucking 4answer pc port right fucking now

I LOVED IT! for the week after launch where it actually had some people playing online. Playing against an evenly matched opponent was just the shit.

And that was about it. Singleplayer might as well not even exist and multiplayer was dead ever since. zero advertising and they kept releasing expensive DLC mechs for a game no one was playing. Not that it matters because like 3/4 dlc mechs had absolutely terrible designs.

Attached: mechster.webm (1280x690, 2.86M)

>8
not this time

Threadly reminder that MW5 will be utterly shit and that MW4 Mercs is actually pretty fun

MISSION S RANK