But why though?

But why though?

Attached: 220px-DMC2FrontCover.jpg (220x311, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
youtu.be/pMhem6M5gWc
pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
tcrf.net/Proto:Mega_Man_X3_(SNES)/August_Prototypes
youtube.com/watch?v=cuBBXknA_-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are... Are the other games on Switch?

Why the fuck DMC2 and not the others?

Because Switch owners will eat up anything.

Capcom wants money from the tendies that don't know how shit the game is.

Is this one good?
t. Never played anything except DmC

It's the worst game in the fucking franchise.

DmC is unironically a better game, DMC2 is so bad that the rest of the franchise likes to pretend it never existed.

It's the worst one. Play 1 and 3 (in the future)

1 is already. Probably just porting all the games in order.

Daily reminder the first game is digital only on Switch and didn't even enter the Top 20 on the eShop, niche weebshit enters that all the time

This will not fucking sell even close to even that

The first DMC got a digital release. I guarantee they're going to use the inevitably terrible sales of this to avoid porting the rest.

Thanks friends

oh nononono

It's fucking terrible.

DMC3 was the game I was hoping to see the most
FUCK CRAPCOM

>DMC2
>By itself
>Not even bundled
>Just fucking DMC2 for most likely the same price as 1
>They're just selling an unfinished game at full price

Attached: 1564232994757.jpg (882x906, 66K)

Well, this confirms DMC3 is coming at least.

Selling DmC again makes more sense than freaking DMC2

Dmc too is best game

>rest of the franchise
Hell even Capcom forgot that dmc 2 ever existed when they made the recap for dmc 5 they explained every major event for every game for 2 they just said "Dante was gone to do a mission and came back"

Are they only putting the bare minimum work because they won't be able to port 4 or 5?

I played in full contrarian mode trying to prove that it wasnt bad as everyone says.
I was right its waaaaayy worse than everybody says.

Hey, at least it gives an opportunity to not buy DMC2 at all.

>4
Surely they aren't that incompetent?

its worse than the bare minimum. They're taking the already existing 30 dollar HD collection, splitting them up and charging 20 for each

We got the b-best DMC, r-right guys?

Attached: 1557944665446.png (1000x750, 626K)

Honestly, I was roaring with laughter

But that's the whole story, lol. There isn't much to say, he just went to that island, met some characters that flesh out Sparda and that's it. They certainly did not forget about 2, and they still to this day take alot of it's ideas

Attached: sleep.jpg (1069x997, 160K)

>bbbut we want dmc other than 1 capcoooom
>we gotchu senpai
Holy,fucking kek

2d only saving grace is that it has the best looking Dante

...I liked it.

That just confirms that Switch is getting 3 (most probably Special Edition) standalone, so look at the bright side. you wont need to pay for 2.

Dante for Smash soon...

There isn't anything salvageable in that game,i wouldnt even recommend reading what happens in it because literally nothing happens in it.
The only thing you could even look it up is some of the songs and even then you should listen on youtube because the audio quality in the game itself is fucked

Attached: 34146.jpg (970x550, 132K)

because nintendies deserve everything bad in the world for being manchildren soibois

Yea but now ill be paying 20 bucks for just 1 instead of 30 for all 3

Trish was good, she was even the base for DMC3 Dante.

Attached: DMC1 D&T.jpg (1200x792, 114K)

quit projecting Eric
Imagine being this mad over video games

Capcom is smart and they know nintendo fanboys will buy anything.

DMC2 is one of the worst action games of all time. Even vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 is better.

She has the exact same moveset and dmc 1 dante,what are you talking about?

see

So they can sell it at $25 dollars again individually instead of putting it in a HDC, additionally so they can shove Dante into Smash.
this

Attached: 1566928613315.jpg (280x330, 19K)

Nocturne port next, right bros?

Wait DMC1 is really $20? By itself? And so will DMC2? jesus christ

Attached: switch fanboys will defend this.png (1068x272, 134K)

>DMC2 has been rereleased/ported THREE times
>God Hand hasn't gotten one

The only good thing about 2 is that it's short.

Problems happened when they tried using the DMC1 assets

Attached: DMC1 problems.jpg (705x576, 220K)

HD collection was $30 on ps4 on release. dmc 1, 2 and 3 are $20 on switch each. They must have figured that it'd better to release them one at a time to rope people in than to put out the collection at $60.

I know that,i am asking why would you say that her moves ''inspired'' Dante in 3 when she is literal clone of DMC 1 Dante with even less moves.

Did anyone catch the release date for this shit? How long will we have to wait for the DMC3 port?

Get fucked I somewhat liked 2

Why not DMC5???

I dont get it.

I didn't say she "inspired" Dante in 3. Just that they used her as the base for him. She is a clone of DMC1 Dante, but it isn't an exact 1:1 replica.

Because you have to experience what all other DMC fans experienced first, that means going through DMC4 and DmC to get to DMC5.

September 19th. DMC1 was released in July, so November'll be when 3 drops, assuming they do a bimonthly drip feeding.

You want it at 360p 10 FPS?

It's legitmately fucking awful to the point where Capcom's own devs will actively say as much. Itsuno, the game's director, outright said he made DMC3 because he didn't want go down as the guy who made DMC2.

The fact Capcom is releasing it standalone in 2019 is fucking hilarious and mindboggling.

Switch should be able to run it at 720p 60fps low details.

Its not really a demanding game graphically.

Anyone would take that over DMC fucking 2

dont even buy it as a "so bad its good/fun"
its just straight up bad, seriously

Imagine overpaying for a shit port on any platform

youtu.be/pMhem6M5gWc

But what if they fix it?

I'm pretty sure it's more about seeing if Nintendofags will eat this shit up too

Only the finest of games for switchlets kek.

lmao if it can't even run Astral Chain at 60 FPS it's not running DMC5 at 60 FPS

What the FUCK is capcoms problem with Nintendo?

It's pretty clear they fucking hate the switch. They're unironically gong to sell DMC 1-4 and probably even DmC too. They'll actually do that.

The first one sold like shit so this will do even worse

RE4 and DMC 1 didn’t reach the 20th best seller
Yet niche shit like Omega Labyrinth did for fucks sakes

Why is DMC 2 so bad? Never played it before but always see people shitting on it

BINNY PLS PLAY DMC2, IS BEST GAEM

Probably not

Attached: 1551580978693.jpg (641x546, 64K)

Nah, lad. RE4 was in the top 10 for a while. REmake and RE0 never made an appearance, but RE4 sure as hell did.

Which is crazy considering these faggots helped fucking develop the damn thing.
It’s like the CEO lost a 100$ bet then told the dev team to only focus on older games because he’s butthurt
Even the shitty ones like RE6

They were too lazy to fix the audio bugs in the Switch port, they sure as fuck will not fix the entire game here

It's really not at all like 1 and 3 so that means = trash

I’m still pissed RE4 didn’t have gyro nor pointer controls
Just fuck my shit up Crapcom

Yea because its RE4, one of the most influential games ever

It was made in 4 months, imagine what kind of game that would produce?

it's shit

None of these things affect the gamplay much, also they couldn't do much with the things they had.

Attached: Software guys.jpg (778x424, 177K)

Because after they port this, they port 3 and then put them up as a bundle in the store.

Are you for real I thought this was a shitpost

Attached: 1544690136901.jpg (986x553, 347K)

What if their tgs announcement is dmc 3?

The game itself is terrible but I honestly think it has the best controls of the original DMC trilogy. I like dodging too much.

>It was made in 4 months
It wasn't made in 4 months, you retard. When Itsuno came on board, he had 4-5 months until the game shipped to steer the game in a different direction. But that's a far cry from the game literally being made in 4 months.

Based Capcom, gonna drop a mega-edge 2 remake

Attached: 1562824350527.png (640x789, 520K)

They better port DMCV for last

They had nothing done except Dante's stinger animation. You gotta try harder to shill this game Capcom.

>Implying the Switch can handle DMC5
They can't even port RE7

>They had nothing done except Dante's stinger animation. You gotta try harder to shill this game Capcom.
That's not how game development works you retard. You can't make a game like taht in 4 months. You don't even have any source, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

They both did at launch, at least in the UK charts. Couldn't tell you about US or anywhere else, but DMC1 was hanging in the top 10-15 for a good week or so.

it can handle it. Capcom is just too lazy to port it. Just like they were too lazy to port the DMC HD collection

DMC1 did not enter on a single fucking chart. I checked multiple and it was nowhere to be seen. You might be misremembering

RE4 did though

Why they couldn't just dump the HD collection and call it a day?

Attached: 1546528028784.png (228x278, 95K)

Because Capcom thinks switch owners are retarded. They're taking the 30 dollar HD collection, splitting up the games and selling them for 20 dollars each on Switch.

Sad for them but people aren't buying their lazy ports anymore

And pass on milking switchlets with multiple $40 ports? Capcom might be bad at making games now but they know an opportunity when they see it.

and then they'll get pissy when Switch owners don't buy it like they did with DMC1

That fucking sucks and still doesn't change the fact that it's an inferior port.

people didn't buy DMC1 and won't buy this either
capcom is just retarded in their greed

Itsuno is the source retard.

I get them not wanting to awkwardly skip over DMC2 to DMC3. Why not just release them as a trilogy like all the other consoles?

Attached: 1552461593358.webm (638x562, 2.8M)

What's better for capcom, selling the trilogy for 30 dollars or selling them separately for 20?

Because no joke, Capcom is the worst developer on the system. Every single fucking release has a catch or a caveat to it

Attached: 1562454052219.jpg (790x1200, 332K)

It was notoriously bad and killed the sales for DMC3 despite it being a nearly perfect game. Though the fact that DMC2 was so bad is what motivated Itsuno to make DMC3 so great. He didn't want to be known as the guy who made DMC2.

How much do you like shooting enemies that stay offscreen 3/4s of the time?

REAL VIDEO GAMERS DON'T SKIP IT

I think Capcom is just trolling Nintendo and the Switch userbase at this point. Everything they do comes off as a heavily sarcastic action. They have their real money on PS4/Steam/Xbone, and mock the company they used to believe in during the GameCube era.

Clearly they made enough to port DMC2. No effort and good profit.

does Yea Forums think it's funny to shit on DMC2 now? It's a good game and a classic by today's standards.

Based and redpilled. Show me the money.

They're still wasting resources and time porting this shit so really joke is on them
this is literally torn straight from the HD collection

Why does Capcom hates Nintendo so much? Is it because of the "Capcom Five" failure on the Gamecube?

>only 40 people
>only
What? That's a lot. Only AAA games have more. Why does the game look like a fucking indie game then?

>GameCube era
user, Wii had Capcom exclusives. And 3DS was their main money maker for a long time.
Capcom is just being retarded again.

Attached: 1553252036487.png (209x238, 79K)

I'm just waiting for DMC3 and 4 on Switch so I can play them on the go. Then I'll buy the Smash Pass Season 2 for the inevitable Dante DLC.

Attached: 15180861.jpg (1214x1920, 531K)

Because PS4 makes more money. Xbox ports are just as bad.

>wasting resources and time
Outsourcing to a Chinese port house is probably very cheap, and one guy in Capcom can keep track of dozens of outsourced projects. I bet you think the Mega Man Legacy Collections are done in-house. No, they're all outsourced, just not to Digital Eclipse.

So no effort? Capcom wins again.

That is still time, money and resources that could be dedicated to something else. If Capcom wants to focus on other systems, then focus on other systems instead of wasting resources on lazy ports

>inevitable Dante DLC.
>implying it will be Dante

Attached: 1544465503774.png (224x258, 36K)

It isn't anywhere near as bad as people meme it to be.

Still have my launch day copy.

not when it sells like shit and they threaten to drop support because they're too lazy to put in actual effort

>RE4 didn't reach top 20
>Yes it did
>Well yeah but only because it's popular

Attached: 1356963999699.gif (236x224, 1.87M)

1. Those ports make money, and require extremely low investment vs. a genuinely new game.
2. I believe someone high up in Capcom actually wants their back catalog to be available on new systems, as they've really been at it with these remasters.

It's not 2004 anymore, where game devs can casually shit out game after game for the GBA or PS2. The industry has tightened considerably, and new games are a precarious endeavor.

My dream would be Dante, Nero and Vergil but that's not very likely.

Attached: 68372455.jpg (880x880, 140K)

>dead weight

Attached: 1557030953765.png (337x481, 150K)

>1. Those ports make money, and require extremely low investment vs. a genuinely new game.
So its laziness, and laziness gets them shit sales and overall a waste of time and resources
>2. I believe someone high up in Capcom actually wants their back catalog to be available on new systems, as they've really been at it with these remasters.
Where's the HD Collection thats been released on 5 other systems by now then

One night I had a dream that Capcom released a game similar to Jump Force but with all Capcom characters. It had Dante, Nero, Vergil, Lady, and Trish. It looked like fun...

>Lazy effort gets lazy reward
That's the point of the Switch releases. They put extremely little in and get a bit more than that out. Basic economics to grind as much money as they can.
>5 other systems
They have no obligation to support your Nintendo system. Should they port every game to Android/iPhone, Nvidia Shield?

>not even playable in you own game titled Vergil May Cry: Vergil
Give up old man

Attached: 1528919986634.png (800x600, 347K)

no dmcfan in their right mind will say that DMC 2 is better than DmC, that's how bad the game is

is this game still fun to play if not played as a DMC game? just treat it like a regular shooting game with melee attacks?

Capcom is the pure definition of delusion with their support, despite strong sales near launch none of their Switch ports since then could be considered a success with 2019 being a bad year for them on the platform.
They're asked so often by fans and investors why they are worse than EA in terms of output and they are confused as to why there is so much hate since they think they are the only devs releasing M rated games.
They had to put out this to convince people they are the good guys.

Attached: 1567099793078.png (1560x877, 1.09M)

>They put extremely little in and get a bit more than that out.
Except they sell like shit most of the time so they dont get rewarded
>They have no obligation to support your Nintendo system. Should they port every game to Android/iPhone, Nvidia Shield?
Why are they wasting resources on Switch development then?
>But but its cheap
wasted resources are still wasted resources

Better to be an old dilf than a smelly unga.

Attached: 1562821831699.jpg (810x1080, 171K)

>they don't get rewarded
You have no idea if they do or not. They likely wouldn't continue porting games if they didn't at least break even.

delete this quickly
TGS will be his time to shine

Attached: 1552436662153.png (640x632, 568K)

Burning goodwill towards potential customers is a horrible business strategy. Just look at how 3rd parties completely destroyed their whole reputations in the effort to make a quick buck off of Wii customers they assumed to be dumb idiots.
pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/

Is there somebody who can fix the clipping on his chin? He would look so good but the clipping ruins it.

i liked DMC2 from a development standpoint because its an absolute miracle it even worked out in the 4 months of time they had to make it

Thats even worse, because they clearly see it as a profitable platform but are still too lazy to put effort into it

Its no better than a shovelware dev on the Wii. our games sell like ass but we gotta keep pumping out trash in hopes it sells

They're probably releasing 1-4 in order and couldn't just straight up ignore 2

>does Yea Forums think it's ok to praise DMC2 now? It's a horrible game and a one of the worst games by today's standards.

>potential customers
Anyone who only owns a Nintendo console and genuinely gets mad at third parties isn't a potential customer. You're delusional and part of a Nintendo cult. Get a grip and accept that your masters don't provide proper infrastructure for third parties, and that's why many of them don't release games that you can buy. Be a real human being and either get over it, or buy something that can actually run third party games.

Is 2 really that bad?

I bet you love games like Shadow the Hedgehog, Mega Man X3, and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Attached: 1531676488142.png (250x250, 128K)

>blaming Nintendo for third parties being cheap greedy fucks
holy shit this is autism

>it can handle it.
With major downgrades

The point people are raising is that Capcom used to give at least a semi-competent level of support to Nintendo systems like the Wii and the 3DS, and they're destroying all of the goodwill they've built up from that support with their shovelware/port piling on Switch. I'm positive that the ports they're putting out would be infinitely more well-received if they actually released NEW games like they did on the Wii and 3DS.
But who am I kidding, you're here to shitpost.

Yes, it's mindnumbingly boring

I would take major downgraded DMCV than fucking DMC2

Not releasing a game on your favourite toy isn't greedy user

drones are completely insane

not him but may i direct you to this part for megaman x3's development
>If X or Zero are hit by an attack that does 6 damage or more, they will take a knee and be stunned for about 3.77 seconds (or 226 frames). Some bosses, like Gravity Beetle or Blizzard Buffalo, will pause their assault and let X/Zero recover, should this happen during battle with them.
tcrf.net/Proto:Mega_Man_X3_(SNES)/August_Prototypes

Well at most we know this, Itsuno wants DMC5 on Switch, he said so around the launch of Dragons Dogma Switch which sadly met the same fate as other Capcom Switch titles.
We also know that RE Engine runs on Switch, mainly due to GDC where Capcom and Nintendo held a panel together talking about about RE Engine and the Switch hardware and how they effected each other.

You say that like it was ever praised in the first place. DMC2 is a disaster with no redeeming qualities.

It leaves a special pain in my heart because I was such a big fan when DMC1 came out and was really looking forward to getting my hands on DMC2. I got it for Christmas and it was the Grinch that stole my Christmas. It was so bad that even my 13 year old brain knew it was trash. It's not hard to impress a 13 year old.

by splitting a collection into 3 and charging 20 for each is

Reminder the port of DMC1 is 9GB on Switch while the collection is 12GB on PC.

This, I'm genuinely baffled at this user's perspective: It's entirely Nintendo's fault for making a platform that is underpowered compared to even the base PS4, making games on cartridges vs. Blu-rays, and charging a licensing fee. Third parties have no obligation to capitulate to those ridiculous standards, but Capcom at least releases their games period.

>it's another consolefaggotry thread
Join the idort master race

Attached: 51Qe.gif (400x225, 2.65M)

>Third parties have no obligation to capitulate to those ridiculous standards, but Capcom at least releases their games period.
Imagine defending splitting your collection into 3 and charging 20 for each

Better hardware can't fix laziness and greed you shill. BTW, Capcom is part of the reason the Switch is underpowered, so yes, it is their fault

What makes your claim so silly is that Capcom specifically had a hand in the Switch's development and convinced Nintendo to put more RAM in the console so it could run RE Engine, and Nintendo complied, and now Capcom has basically run with its tail firmly between its legs ever since.

Capcom helped develop the Switch's hardware, so yes they take part of the blame for it being underpowered

>Sells like shit
>but it was made with no effort
That's profit. Putting actual effort in will just result in losing money. Capcom is smart that way.

Reminder
>Sin Devil Trigger was born here and it was called Majin Form
>Rebellion
>Proto Trickster
>Proto Gunslinger
>Bloody palace
>Lucia
>Argosax
>Bolverk
>Fix DT form to Dante
>Playable Trish
>Second campaing
>Best outfit
>Cavaliere was conceived here

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5scqoxMMV1t43zu1_1280.jpg (1280x1843, 739K)

>Capcom is the reason the Switch is underpowered.
Capcom asked for Nintendo to add even more RAM to the console.

No, it sounds like the system would be even worse without them, and they've been making do with what they got ever since.

>Capcom is smart by being lazy
well you just confirmed yourself a shill

BTW you can't profit if no one buys your game

Capcom hasn't fixed on the PS3, 360, Steam or PS4 why would they bother now they should have skipped DMC 2 and went straight for DMC3.

Say it to me when we meet in divergence missions, oh wait you fucking CAN'T

Attached: 1554588248889.png (720x1280, 530K)

Capcom said nothing about the rest of the system's power, nor anything about the RE Engine not running on it. They had a hand in its final specs. If their games can't run on it, its their fault

>Capcom is the reason the switch is underpowered
How does that make any sense? Capcom is just one of the dozens of companies that was "helping" the creation of the switch. It's up to Nintendo to make the switch themselves.

This. No SMTV, at least give us a proper remaster without shoehorned waifus, fucking Atlus

IIRC in interviews they specifically said that it was just the RAM that needed the upgrade for RE Engine to run, and Nintendo supplied them with the amount they were asking for.

The developers/programmers of DMC2 were Valuewave, the developers of MegaMan X5, X6 and X7. Let that sink in.

Attached: what the fuck did you just bring upon this cursed land.png (500x614, 217K)

But you just said that is was selling even if it was selling like shit. Logic states you get profit since actual effort, which takes money, wasn't put into porting it.

>ATLUS
>making old games properly available
Uhh, you do live in Japan and can buy a copy from a resale shop, right? No? Well, then we don't give a shit.

And Capcom asked for more RAM so they could put the RE Engine on it. We have no conformation of any other devs asking for that.

Not a single Capcom Switch game uses the RE Engine. If it still cant run it, that is their fault and their fault alone

>top right basically true Urizen
spooky

Attached: kek grins.jpg (345x383, 47K)

>tfw DMC2 was my first DMC game
i would never have gotten back into the series if i didn't pick up 3 in the bargain bin like a year after it released

Attached: 1501420902281.jpg (498x383, 50K)

dont play semantics with me shill. Their games sell like ass and probably dont make up for the resources spent porting it, thats why they've done their best to port over 20 in hopes it will eventually be made up in the end

I was just about to post the exact same list.

Let me help you out

>Best ost in the series
>following dmc 1, it is the only dmc true to its horror origins
>best enemy aesthetic in the series.
>Best dante in the series
>Only dmc out there to have a customizable devil trigger.

They’re releasing all but 5 one by one and after 4 or with it they’ll announce Dante for smash. Screen cap this fucking post.

Attached: 1495948267001.png (582x532, 238K)

Imagine actively trying to make a new audience hate your series.

Attached: NintendoSwitch_DevilMayCry2_Fact_Sheet-page-001.jpg (1275x1650, 234K)

>probably don't make up for resources
Devil's Proof- I say they do. You can't prove that they don't, so I win.

It's the one defense that i will ever make of DMC2, some core staples of the franchise were made in DMC2, just not enough time to implement them, real time weapon switching was also first made in DMC2

You're like that guy who's first liquor is Jack Daniels and almost swore off liquor until he discovered Gin
I was that guy

It would have unironically better to have just ported DmC

Do you mean best Dante aesthetically.
Personality wise he was relatively serious. Seemed more serious than 1 where he was on the whole family vengeance quest.

my dad works at capcom and he said lazy Switch ports turn a profit and that's why every company makes them

I one up you faggot
If they did make up for it, Capcom would not attempt to cheap out on cartridges and charging Switch owners more than the other systems.

A DMC2 stand alone rerelease would only be warranted if they at least fixed enemy behaviour

I personally LOVE stoic dante, so people will hate me, but this is my favorite iteration of dante period. Some people also forget he was cool enough to also get in Yea Forums's most highest regarded rpg.

This is an irrelevant point. That cost-cutting is exactly how they make up for resources. You wouldn't say a shopkeeper is not making even because they don't have elaborate displays before each item. You give pathetic logic from a pathetic man.

Every company puts more effort into their Switch ports than Capcom
The more the Switch sells, the lazier Capcom gets
>2017:
>Resident Evil Revelations: 20 dollars, has gyro controls and HD Rumble and other bonus shit
2 years later
>Resident Evil 4: 30 dollars, lazy copy paste port, no gyro or HD Rumble, no extra content at all

No wonder.

Reminder that even DMC2 looks good in the hands of a good player.
And if you haven't played it, you can't talk shit about it.

DMC2 is something that everyone should experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=cuBBXknA_-E

>Unknow director fucked up DMC2 and only cared for the outfits
>Capcom sees his work and dumps him
>Itsuno and a new team is brought by Capcom unfuck the game
>Itsuno had 6 months to fix it
>Itsuno had really cool ideas that wasn't introduced duo to limitations or it was poorly implemented
>Managed to later salvage the good points and turn it to 11
I really really hope Itsuno directs a DMC2 sequel.

Attached: D2HOM97W0AAZc_A.jpg (655x878, 147K)

they wouldn't need to cut costs at all if their sales were actually made up for
I guess all of Capcom's physical Switch games eat into their profits

dmc2 is literally the worst sequel to a game ever made. it goes beyond just being a worse version of the previous game like most bad sequels and changes/removes literally EVERYTHING people liked about the first game. the closest it comes to not fucking up are shit like "you can swap guns without going into a menu" at the expense that now you can't swap swords without going into a menu when you could in DMC1

it doesn't even run at a consistent 60 fps for fuck sake

The atmosphere and music are pretty good in dmc2, don't >> me

Attached: 00.gif (494x278, 881K)

Incorrect. You cannot prove baseless speculation on other non-Switch titles, thus your claims are embarrassing at best. Costs are assumed to be cut at the highest level, as the Switch install base is objectively lowest among competing platforms.

>>Unknow director fucked up DMC2 and only cared for the outfits
>>Capcom sees his work and dumps him
>>Itsuno and a new team is brought by Capcom unfuck the game
>>Itsuno had 6 months to fix it
This will never make sense to me. RE2 got completely scrapped and release got delayed. Why DMC2 had to be released no matter what?

Attached: 1546263575092.jpg (170x248, 18K)

I dunno, my memories of 2 are fairly vague so can't really remember how much stoic Dante appealed to me.
Didn't Nocturne Dante act a fair bit different from 2 Dante?

In regards to what I remember liking about 2 there were a few things. Lucia's existence (sweet design and combat style was decent), the introduction of Bloody Palace, the prototyping for style esque moves (had a neat wallrun, some proto twosome time), Majin DT, the DT amulet, and some neat if wasted enemy and boss designs were all cool to me.

The Switch's install base is incredibly close to the XB1's who have a history of not buying Japanese games

If Capcom made profit off Switch games, then why would they purposefully rip the HD collection in 3 and charge 20 dollars each instead of 30 for all 3?

Some times Capcom just reboots games but keeps the core elements, proto RE5 still makes me really mad.
About DMC2, probably because Capcom wanted to push DMC really hard as "the most cuhrayzee around", after all DMC2 started production right before DMC1 was released and team little devil's didn't even knew about a sequel.

>incredibly close to the XB1's
Am I supposed to read the rest of your post?

this is the only impressive boss in the whole game and its the very last one. notice this video doesn't show the first form of that boss where you shoot at reused assets for 10 minutes

>Switch is over 36 million sold
>XB1 is around 41 million
That gap is slowly closing

>Didn't Nocturne Dante act a fair bit different from 2 Dante?
the only difference is that he has a few more one liners but that's more because DMC2 barely has any cutscenes. they're in the same style as "yeah... here's yer crown" from dmc2

knowledge of dmc2's story even gives you a benefit in nocturne, because recruiting him gets you a discount if you guess right on a coinflip only DMC2 dante has a two sided coin where he always says the goodguy thing he was going to do anyway on the only possible option.

Dont' forget that it's also the only handheld on the market

You actually keep track of this? Who do you work for? Who does NoA/NoE hire out to for viral marketing? I imagine the paychecks/paycheques are very small. I hope you can buy you girlfriend's boyfriend the new Smash DLC.

>Capcom shill attempting to belittle someone else
o i am laffin

>without shoehorned waifus, fucking Atlus
Dante is already a shoehorned remaster waifu.

Attached: 1559560769802.jpg (600x600, 162K)

huh?

And he's the best of them.

Attached: atlus remake grills.jpg (1510x456, 439K)

Wouldn't Raidou be included since he flat out replaced him?

Attached: 747-400 Kekliner.jpg (674x674, 74K)

Name one (ONE) positive thing about this game

Attached: 1553290380733.jpg (390x398, 135K)

Alex gets too much hate, she's inoffensive as fuck. She's pretty much like Dante, she only appears twice if you ignore the new dungeon altogether.

Raidou version of Nocturne came bundled with Raidou 2. He didn't retroactively replace Dante.

Customizable DT.

1. Devil Trigger is a good song.
2. Legacy is a good song.

Bolverk and his wolves are cool and deserve to be in a better game with a better fight.

They should make the default outfit the Diesel costume to fuck with people even more

arius is a better villian than the order of the sword

Arius also had the most heartbreaking death scene in the series

You know, this explains why both suffer the exact same jank. Wouldn't be shocked if it even is the same engine.

You got DMC1 too so yeah

I don't understand why the customisable DT is often cited as a positive, but I guess people are already clutching straws to defend DMC2.
The element amulets don't really change much, more or less DmC angel/devil weapon lite, and the support amulets make you choose between what DT could already do without customisation in DMC1 anyway.
It'd be like being able to "customise" Rebellion by allowing you to pick between high time or stinger.

DMC2 is okay if you don't actively compare it to the other games in the franchise.

No, you got a piece of shit from the DMC series.

every game is good if you don't use any others to form a set of standards

>the support amulets make you choose between what DT could already do without customisation in DMC1 anyway.
you cant actively gain height by flying, run that fast, or stop time while using DT in dmc1

these are pretty minor perks, but its there. like all ways people defend dmc2 its more "the idea could be cool if done well in some other game" than actually defending it in dmc2

Also don't compare it to games that came out at the same time, like the shinobi reboot that came out a year before and had stuff like "demon helicopter" that was actually fun to fight

>Shadow the Hedgehog is okay if you don't actively compare it to the other games in the franchise.
>Kingdom Hearts DDD is okay if you don't actively compare it to the other games in the franchise.
>Mega Man X3 is okay if you don't actively compare it to the other games in the franchise.
>Halo 5 is okay if you don't actively compare it to the other games in the franchise.
you're not making a very good case here

shadow is legitimately the best of the bad sonic games

Nope
I'd rather replay 06 than Shadow
06 at least plays like a Sonic game, and doesn't give me collect a thon bullshit

There's such a thing as being a bad game in its respective franchise, but still being good-playable on its own.

>Itsuno joined the DMC2 team
>By the time he joined the rest of the team only made the stinger animation
It's a miracle the man managed to put the game out.

Say it with me.
VALUE.
WAVE.

No. I was hyped on it by a friend in middle school. I think he meant dmc1 because i boughr dmc2 and it sucked cock and i hated it. Never played dmc 3 and then played dmc4 later and atleast was able to finish it. Sigh. At least dmc5 was good

RE1 was an insane smash hit so there was a lot riding on RE2. Mikami proved his skill and Capcom trusted him to produce sequels of similar quality. DMC2 was just a quick cashgrab and no one actually knew what they were doing until Itsuno came along, so Capcom was probably like fuck it nigga just get a game out the door

also games get canned and revamped all the time but the devs don't usually tell everyone about it

>team little devil's didn't even knew about a sequel.
This will never not make me mad.
Imagine meeting someone, thinking he will ask you something about the localization, only to find out he is making a sequel to YOUR game

It's way too easy and consists of long, nearly empty hallways.

>Skipped DMC3
Nigga that's literally when the franchise became great and a classic.

This is also how Mega Man X6 got made. The core Team from X4 and 8 moved to start what would become Battle Network and Valuewave doing X5 was supposed to be just for the sake of ending the X series and moving to Zero.

I want to see bangs girl defiled by several men at once

I conoletely gave up on the ps2 around the time halo 2 came out. Shit was sold by the time it came out

Capcom is a weird company
they make gems like Mega Man X, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and RE4 and then they do shady shit

It introduced us to the cute brown girl Lucia.

Attached: 66661516.jpg (888x888, 87K)

last boss was pretty fun.

Rushed to hell
None of the talent behind 1 worked on it, they didn't even know it was in development
Main director fucking vanished halfway through development
They had to pick itsuno, from the fighting game division, to fix it
When itsuno got there all they had done was a handful of levels and the stinger animation
The whole design document was based on whiny bitches who complained the guns in dmc1 were way too weak
The story is stupidly simple and unimportant
Dante is in sad and broody mode through all of it
Dante decides everything through a coin flip and acts like doing anything is a pain in the ass
Later in game it's revealed the coin is double faced
The final boss is a piece of shit
Every boss can be beaten by just spamming gun
Enemies have bugged AI and often won't lock into you and instead will just do some scripted attacks
It's just not a fun game

Jesus, and I thought Sonic 2006 had a legendary bad development

>Dante decides everything through a coin flip and acts like doing anything is a pain in the ass
it's better/worse because the coin is a trick coin where both sides are the same, meaning that he always says that he'll do the thing he was already going to do if he gets the only result the coin has

its just a gimmick to make him look aloof to people who don't know any better

My favorite part of DMC2 was when Phantom fell out of the sky for no reason.

In the context and timeline that 5 gave us, it shows us that Dante in 2 was just a bit down but still a good guy
In a vacuum like if 2 was the only game it's fucking stupid
As a sequel to 1 is kinda understandable since Dante in that wasn't the joke cracking snarky son of bitch that we were introduced in 3 so him going from a few jokes some times to no jokes is an understandable progression, but not a good one

I'm actually surprised they acknowledged 2. I thought 4 was supposed to replace 2 in the canon.

its not so much that dmc2 dante needed to make jokes, he just doesn't have any joy at all

the very first thing in dmc1 is dante getting impaled on his own sword and all he can really do is quip to his handguns and smile it off

Well at least the fact it's before 4 now re-contextualizes things so that he got cheered up by learning he had family still in Nero.

I don't want to see that faggot Arius again.

DMC2 is okay. It deserves its bad reputation but it's also legitimately just not as bad as people say.

Reminder that the average fan has a ranking like 3 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2 or 5 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2. People who rank 1 near the bottom will never understand the appeal that 2 has. It's not a perfect game, it's definitely the worst game in the series, but it did a LOT for the series, had some good ideas, and the gameplay is pure arcade fun if you actually let yourself give it a chance rather than turning off the game when you find out you can juggle an enemy to death with your guns.

That said, is it worth $20? If you've got a well-paying job, I guess. I know I'd rather play the series on a Switch than on PC. But most people won't give DMC2 more than about five hours of their life, even if it is a full 30-40 hour game if you get into it, so playing it on PC via emulation isn't a big deal.

They needed 2 to make the anime work in the timeline
Anime Dante is depressed because of all of the shit that just happened to him in 1
So dmc2 Dante being joyless makes sense
It goes
Manga > dmc3 >dmc1>anime>dmc2> dmc4 > dmc5

It's a marketing test. They are seeing if people will actually purchase this game again knowing full well what it is so they can push further into seeing what they can get away with. It's sad that you people don't realize this is just data collection.

Attached: 1567017906602.jpg (1000x1050, 519K)

>Manga > dmc3 >dmc1>anime>dmc2> dmc4 > dmc5
this is the weirdest series ranking i've ever seen

>hating on the keeeeng of this world

Attached: 1531081482168.jpg (310x294, 36K)

Was the anime made just to retroactively make DMC2's story slightly less shitty?

>DMC2 is that bad that it's only good for data collection

Attached: vash kek.gif (500x376, 569K)

dmc2 is literally nothing like dmc1, they took every opportunity to avoid doing what that game did

It's not a ranking dum dum
It's the chronological order things happen

Anime was made without knowledge of 2 or it's store as far as I know
It was also directed by the guy who made the horrible beserk cgi anime

Itsuno just used it to justify Dante in 2

Every youtube video claiming to have DMC2's OST is wrong because none of them have fucking loud nonstop gunfire over them

dante is """depressed""" in the anime because the style is based more on the novels and because dante is fucking bored dealing with total fodder enemies

he only has to DT against the very last guy and the fight ends in 5 seconds afterwards

lmao, hope you nintendies buy it, throw some extra funds for DMC 6

Might've as well made DMC2 not canon then holy shit this is stupid.
Poor Itsuno tho.

yea but they talked about it quite alot in the novel prior to DMC 5 that explains a shit ton

>720p 60fps low
nah aint happening buddy

I hate how no one ever gives DMC 2 credit
>Made Wall running
>Made gunslinger
>Made Majin form
>One of the best outfits in the franchise
>some pretty good demon designs that look actually demonic like goatlings

But user, even that interpretation of it fits to lead into dmc2 dante
Dante only gets shit jobs after 1 and spends the whole anime depressed because nothing is exciting
Invents the broody persona to fender off any one who just want him to kick a thief or two
Invents the coin shit so he can keep the persona and still do the right thing
Brown bird hottie shows up and while is a much more engaging job than what he got through the anime it's still easy as shit
Eventually 4 happens and he finally has some fun after he meets nero
5 happens and at the end his soul is restored when he fights his dumb brother again
Regardless if he gets sad because he kept looking his brother in 3 and 1 or because he is bored by shitty jobs, the way itsuno layed this whole mess out actually fucking works and he deserves a medal for it

Also made bloody palace.

They made him joyless because being edgy was in at the time

The game is like the ideas guy

If you hate dmc 2, you aren't a real fan of the series.

>Eventually 4 happens and he finally has some fun after he meets nero
except that dante is already acting like wacky wahoo pizza man with trish and lady during the flashback cutscene before he has any idea nero exists

Maybe not fucking the bird got him out of his funk
user, it's not a perfect solution but it was the best the team managed to do with the series

>The coin flipping
christ don't remind me, lmao

What would Nero's Majin form/Sin DT look like?

You can hate it and think it's a bad game, just appreciate what it brought to the table and stop advising people to skip it.

Would you say the same for DmC?

The only right answer.

>girl
Thais a Bird, user

Dont worry, they wont

DMC6 will come out in 2029

2023, after DMC 5 SE launches next year, remember that, nigger

Wait there was a physical version of the collection in Japan for mega man legacy collection 2?

Their pricing is pretty annoying but I'm sure they have the data from other platforms suggesting there's no real upside to releasing physical versions.
I'd prefer them too but if they thought it would get them more money they'd do it in a heartbeat.

The whole "physical version has one game on the cart and the other is a download code" shit makes me seethe like fuck though.

>every other platform gets the complete trilogy for cheap
>capcom expects switch to pay full price for single games and doesn't even bundle dmc 2 withan actually good game

Yeah

Because it's more profitable to release all games seperately and charge more money
Fuck capcom