Getting into Yakuza

Is 0+Kiwamis a good way to get into the series while we wait for 3+4+5 to arrive on PC?

I ended up getting 0 on steam because it ran better than the ps2 emulator, it was cheap, and it also had 0 on the title.
But the more I look into it I'm not sure if the kiwamis are like "we remade the first two but with prettier graphics" or "we retrofitted the first two games into 0 and hoped for the best", I already put 40 hours on zero so I guess I'm just going to finish it either way, but now I'm thinking maybe I should play 1+2 next and then Kiwami 1+2, just for the sheer curiosity of seeing how they iterate over the originals.
At least that should keep me busy until we get the rest on PC

Attached: Yakuza-0.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

cool blogpost, secondary.

You're already playing the best one. Yakuza is the series of diminishing returns. Kiwami is shit, 3 is shit, 4 and 5 are okay but there is a lot of tedium and story bullshit in them, and then 6 is fucking terrible. It's really not worth playing so many games which are all so long only for so little payoff. They're only really suitable for players who have literally absolutely nothing else in their lives.

You're lucky if you manage to finish even just 0 without getting bored. But remember, the others are all far worse.

>You're lucky if you manage to finish even just 0 without getting bored.

but user
I'm having fun

Attached: 1567192894884.png (1024x800, 617K)

>playing prequel that came out late in series
I bet you played mgs3 first too you faggot.

jokes on you
I played the MSX games first

Attached: reminder.png (700x700, 64K)

Don't play the originals if you're going to emulate.

the games are boring mini game collections, don't bother

why? unless its some Ace Combat 4 type situation

>But the more I look into it I'm not sure if the kiwamis are like "we remade the first two but with prettier graphics" or "we retrofitted the first two games into 0 and hoped for the best"
Kiwami 1 has different content and is, in general, a different experience than 1 because Majima Everywhere was never in the original so the story progression and experience is different. There's also new cutscenes and substories added into the mix, and nothing is missable anymore. At the same time Kiryu's primary style for the rest of the series is nerfed into the ground and nigh unusable for most of the game thanks to Majima Everywhere. Gameplay-wise it improves on some things 0 was doing, does some other things worse, with the Kiwami mechanic in particular being a very dumb addition, but overall it's okay. It's basically a Yakuza 0 expansion pack DLC with how it feels.
Kiwami 2 on the other hand is a different leap. Brand new engine aside, it has a bunch of new content in the form of major minigames and substories, it has an entire new sequence with Majima to clean up 0 and explain some things 2 never explained, and the story is slightly tweaked to not go to Shinseicho. On the other hand it's got worse music during very certain parts, Shinseicho is removed, Amon isn't as good as in 2, and it cut a minigame from the arcade for some reason and replaced it with VF2 I think it was instead.

You don't really need to replay 1 as the vast majority of stuff it introduces is unchanged or simply added to with the biggest difference (Besides the gameplay) mostly being the boss fights and general gameplay progression, but 2 has a lot more different content than K2 did by virtue of two major minigames and Shinseicho along with minor things like Amon's fight, some side areas during substories, etc. Just beware of making a mistake in a substory as it leads to never being able to fight Amon if you save.

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI 2 W Shofukucho__3.jpg (1920x1080, 659K)

>3 is shit
I've never seen a post so wrong

Attached: IMG_20190830_165853.jpg (750x1334, 157K)

They don't run at full speed and there are a lot of glitches.
ex: a line cutting the screen in half during cutscenes in 2

They work fine if you have the proper settings. There was one that made the lighting a bit incorrect but fixed all the other issues so a guy spent some time figuring out the proper resolution and settings to get it to play like the PS2 versions but better. I believe the settings work for both games.

Attached: 1566314288090.png (1920x1080, 3.53M)

Kiwami, 0, Kiwami 2.
This order is the perfect order, don't fuck up by playing 0 first.

>playing a prequel first
Its meant to be played with the context of the rest of the games you dense faggot

too bad they ported it first

0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 is new entry point.

Attached: reminder.png (700x700, 64K)

3 being bad is pleb tastes spread by one or two youtubers, but they have a point about Kiwami 2.

Talking as a hardcore fan who started with 1, play them in any order, 3/5 kinda expect you to be already invested but most of the games are self-contained, hell play Judgment if it comes to PC, it's not like your gonna spoil much by playing it, just don't watch recap movies or some stupid shit.

0 alongside K1 took the final boss of 1 from one of the series weakest antagonists to one of the strongest, the remakes have some poor changes and there are jokes you won't get but it's hardly a bad place to start.

Just play 0 and be done with it.

None of the other games are worth playing, trust me. You're not gonna listen though.

Attached: baka mitai.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

>PC
How to spot a secondary.

its more about knowing if the kiwamis are suitable alternatives when you dont have a console
you can always emulate but shit can be very finicky depending on the emulator, hope the presets user posted work well on my computer, because I found it really weird that 0 ran at silky smooth 60FPS and the emulator struggled to reach 30

Please stop using buzzwords you don't understand meaning of.

>removing Osaka
Why the fuck

>series gets all around praise since the PS2 days
>no bro, its just 0 that's worth playing, believe me pls its not just me posting the same shit over and over

you belong in the farms with the rest of your kind

>is the origin story a good way to get into the series

Attached: grug.jpg (353x400, 20K)

>defending secondaries
Let me guess, a PC gamer?

>because I found it really weird that 0 ran at silky smooth 60FPS and the emulator struggled to reach 30
Yakuza games are 30 FPS. The only native 60 game is Fist of the North Star when you don't count ports or remasters of any kind.

Sotenbori is still there, Shinseicho isn't. The tiny town you visit via taxi, not Sotenbori itself.

Go zero kiwami 1-2 on pc cause they cost less
Then go for the remaster and buy 6 around christmas for sales.
Thats how im doing it now.

>you belong in the farms with the rest of your kind

what are you even on about you psycho fuck? How do you even know that I didn't play the PS2 Yakuza's and judged 0 to be the best one?

Eat shit, retarded Sonygro. Nor Y0fags, nor PCfags ruined the threads as much as you retarded consolewarriors ruined them with whining about about anything even remotely new.
Genuinely considering offing yourself.
And Google what secondary even means, because you're trying way too hard.

Attached: IMG_20190904_233926.jpg (4000x3000, 2.08M)

God I need to finish Yakuza 0. Fun game, but man is it long. Especially if you start doing side stuff. I need to own all the property dammit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190601-161159_Nice Simple Photo Widget.jpg (1307x1333, 763K)

Anyone else play with the original music mods? So much better than the crappy English songs.

>none of the other games are worth playing
>didn't play the first two
I'd rather believe you are baiting, but people like you are very real and they are allowed to breathe for some reason

what if Yakuza were a girl?

Attached: MJ2.png (1000x1451, 629K)

would make for some interesting designs if you genderbended all the characters that's for sure

Attached: 4db5dbc6bd1994eb3ea872a5f19f7c27.jpg (236x352, 13K)