Fantasy maps thread

Rate my first made fantasy map Yea Forums.

Be harsh, be honest

Attached: Map.jpg (1024x768, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/HA6jYpl
inkarnate.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sucks, No reason to go anywhere and if so just go by sea

Some lore for the map;

- Onwell is kinda like the Luxemburg of the islands; Rich, does everything right, but small.

-Flobont hates Onwell, but needs them for their resources (fresh water fish from the lakes and wood from the pine forest).
- The forest north of the mountains is your average forest, but the wood is no good. It start rotting the moment you cut it down.
- The forest south of the mountains has the same issue, but is already rotting the moment a sprout comes out of the dirt. Something is wrong with those woods.
- Edge-shore is a normal town at first glance, but the weird rot from the woods has an influence on the people living there.

- Players will start off in Onwell. Quests will gradually bring them to Flobont and later, Edge-shore. The game will focus on finding out what the fuck is happening with the woods near edge-shore.

There is a big scary Kraken monster though

how tf did people build anything if all the wood is rot, why doesnt the passive rot spread on to the buildings

Sucks less with eggsplanation

city names sound retarded, as if you just hit "go" on a random name generator and it shows

come up with something better and do it yourself

Tip: watch real old maps from the Roman or Frankish empire

>why yes I do live with xenos,how could you tell?

Attached: Noih_main.jpg (4096x4096, 1.46M)

I refuse to believe anyone is this retarded.

>When guys who never took a geology class in their life makes a map
honestly making fantasy maps realistic adds so much immersion

Attached: 1563056085205.gif (273x485, 1.52M)

Attached: V BUILDS A WORLD MAP.png (1680x1050, 693K)

Being better at it means posting

>world grew on a giant fucking dead dragon

NOW we're talking hot damn

added some fucking bullshit details

Attached: Map2.jpg (1024x768, 511K)

Attached: 64ae8cef047f684621b9a0c77ec1301be0e51dadb8f6995862fc197d90a3f984.png (8192x8192, 1.31M)

Ok, here is my latest work

Attached: 1549312655996.jpg (2058x900, 347K)

lel what retard would want to live on this?

ridiculous

Those beady red eyes in the bottomless abyss seem quite friendly

It's actually a bird from what the dev says
>Noih (Also known as Lumborkem, from the two sub-continents Lumbor and Kem) is the large continent Teraurge takes place in. Its shape is reminiscent of a bird cadaver, complete with wings (one of them containing a large hole, similar to a bullet wound) and a skull-shaped mountain range. In addition, there are various incredibly large skeletons of strange creatures scattered around it. Currently, only a small fraction of it, the Sejan peninsula and an island near the peninsula, are accessible to the player. There are many different climates and biomes in Noih, ranging from freezing mountains to dry deserts and from plains of toxic mud to an unknown and dangerous-looking growth.

Rivers should originate in mountains or marshland, yours just look like ocean inlets, also the whole thing is pretty sparse and offers no sense of scale.
2/10, please apply yourself.

Onwell maximum comfy

Attached: 1484825668250.png (880x1000, 80K)

That's not how landmasses work, retard.

Attached: 1448702963100.jpg (1016x6090, 1.98M)

>literally copypasted two entire continents
god forbid we get some variety

Where are we now?

>All that white space
>huge quadrant with absolutely nothing but water in it
>Gridlines drawn by a spaztic 12 year old
>Entire massive desert-island-continent
I don't know what to say, looks like it was made by just hitting a random generate button, it's shit.

Why doesn't Onwell have a dock? Based on the close proximity of the islands it's clear they know there's things beyond the sea but it's the only city with no dock

Please no bully.

Attached: satellite.jpg (4096x2160, 1.37M)

Flobots seems like a big city for such a small area, how do they support the population foodwise? Not a lot of room for farmland

Too small and narrow, doesn't feel real.

If you want to make realistic or just cool looking maps, you have to study some natural sciences and at least kind of understand why our own continents look the way they do.

When you start to get that, you may try again.

Also remember these rules.
There's nothing wrong with having empty spaces that aren't sea. Earth is full of steppes, plains and deserts with fuckall and they could provide a challenge in a game.
Sea is boring, with no small islands it's even more boring. Add some shit.
Don't be afraid to draw weird regular shapes, they are not that weird. Spain has 90° angles on its coast, Italy looks like a boot complete with spurs and Sweden and Finland look like a flaccid uncircomcised cock and balls.

As it is now, that map looks like ass, the coasts make no sense, same for the random mountain range.

Open up a world map and get to studying.

Cute! Don't like the names though

And on a globe. I need to upload it to imgur because the gif is 15mb. Pic related is a static two hemisphere projection.

>imgur.com/HA6jYpl

Attached: Projection_3.jpg (1700x855, 306K)

Without a continental current, that planet is going to turn into mars in a couple of centuries.

please elaborate

Last time I posted I got feedback about the harsh rough shorelines. They were made that way by a period of extreme glaciation, but most people didn't like the look of them so I need to consider that heavily.

one of the most informative things I've ever read on Yea Forums.

super comfy

Looks good, the only thing I don't really like is how it's basically just two big continents.
Maybe I'm just used to having antartica being a landmass while the north pole is just ice and ocean though.

Anyway, since you're going for a realistic style, add some ridges in the oceans, like the ones we have on earth.
Imagine the tectonic plates that make up your world and complete the puzzle with oceanic ridges and rifts and it will look more real.

You need a current that can move your warm water from the equator to your poles and back again to regulate the weather’s stability.

I have the tectonics map, the problem more is in drawing the ridges is what I am having trouble with. I am having difficulty doing it in a style that doesn't look awful.

what are you using to make these?

inkarnate.com/ , It is free and really easy to start with

there's too much traffic in between the nothern and southern seas for proper currents.
I've marked what I found to be major choke points

Attached: 1567629191024.jpg (4096x2160, 1.43M)

Been thinking about making a world map like this for my next year-long campaign for DnD, and instead of doing a capmpaign where the players are the ones advancing the plot, I want a campaign where the plot moves by itself, like having different shit to do at certain points, and things keep evolving depending on player actions and shit.

for my epic fantasy RPG

Attached: countries-of-europe.jpg (686x386, 46K)

Equator to pole currents are fine for that. There would not be a belt like the gulfstream, but I could certainly see current systems moving inter ocean from the equator to its own pole. What I am seeing is not a lot of biotic exchange between hemispheres.

I made a shitty drawing for user's currents. You don't need hemisphere exchange to have regulating currents.

Attached: 1567629191024.jpg (4096x2160, 1.41M)

The upside down boot is unrealistic as fuck. Learn how to geography

I like that Drakengard did exactly this and I took too long to notice.

neat

I see, well still good job on your map, you clearly put a lot more effort than most people do.
What is it for?

I'm writing a novel series.