Still no Ace Attorney or Professor Layton news at TGS, E3 or Nintendo Direct for the 3rd year running

>still no Ace Attorney or Professor Layton news at TGS, E3 or Nintendo Direct for the 3rd year running

Being a fan of these visual novel franchises is fucking suffering.

Attached: 899337461_preview_Phoenix_in_despair.png (960x640, 346K)

>3 years
>suffering
You're small talk

Attached: FZeroX.jpg (2096x1536, 791K)

Layton is garbage

Fuck off, Unwound Future is legitimately one of the best storytelling experiences in gaming.

Attached: DbDTiWvW4AACwaO.jpg (511x275, 26K)

Didn't he just get a new game a few years ago? And isn't there already like a dozen games in the series?
Bitch you don't even know suffering.
Based

Attached: 1545278064891.gif (500x379, 876K)

See you in two hours ;)

ripperino

IN THIS WORLD YOU'VE GOT TO BE STRONG

You are delusional

Fuck off, LARPer.

Layton news soon

Attached: EC-AKQKWwAAGhhs.jpg (900x1200, 243K)

What's the best platform to play the original trilogy on?

That's just the DX port of the shitty Kat game, sadly.

come on man, this isn't even blurry or tilted

DS, 3DS, Emulator
The differences are very slight though and down to personal preference. The only version you should avoid is the iOS one.

Attached: D7Ly1TlUIAAlZ8v.jpg (1300x1200, 150K)

You have horrid, horrid taste.

Says the guy who considers Layton the best story telling in vidya

i played it on switch, what's wrong with that?

Nothing really, I personally prefer the older fonts which look nicer to me, and the fact that they didn't really update anything for those "HD" versions. It doesn't really matter that much, though.

I just beat AAI1 and I gotta say that game was disappointing. The biggest issue was that the cases lasted forever. Cases 3 and 5 were the biggest offenders for sure. Looking forward to AAI2 have heard very good things

DS. I think the HD sprites and UI look really ugly

This is now the Layton girls thread, post Layton girls.
Or Ace Attorney girls is fine too, suit yourself.

Attached: DZneNloU0AEc-Ld.jpg (900x900, 153K)

AAI2 is a fucking masterwork of storytelling. There is literally zero filler. Every case, every character and interaction is brought back and woven into the overall plot in some capacity.

>traitor
>dead
>forgotten
>dead
>co-opted the series

Not a great track record.

Think Breath of Fire is suffering a lot. Last thing they had was a mobile game and before that was the ill received Dragon Quarter.

DGS2 translation when? Why does Capcom hate their western fans so much, this is supposedly Takumi's greatest work.

Attached: dai-gyakuten-saiban-2-naruhodou-ryuunosuke-no-kakugo-491765.4.jpg (640x640, 105K)

AAI2 is really good but it does have some pacing issues too, especially in case 2 and 3 - nowhere near as bad as AAI1's though

I think the first two or three cases should be out soon

The series went to shit with SoJ, the writing has taken a huge backseat to their obsession with making wacky and zany characters with crazy personalities and less about making cases that make sense and feel satisfying. Settle for waiting for DGS2 to be translated and play the good PW fangames in the meantime.

But SoJ was great. The series has always had zany characters, just look at the fucking pedo doctor, the cowboy cop and the circus crew.

AA6 was a massive improvement on DD. Only downside is that fucking cliffhanger that has yet to be resolved.

Yeah the female characters got cucked pretty hard in the series.
Guess that explains why most of the fans are Yaoi/Shotafags...

>Takumi’s greatest work

But that’s not Ghost Trick.

Blame the guys that are still say that they own Sherlock

Selling my soul to the Sonic Totem so that he gets announced for Smash tonight

Attached: sonic totem.png (1400x696, 1.88M)

You know that even if Sherlock wasn't copyrighted that Capcom would still have issues shipping a blatantly Japanese game like DGS as an ace attorney game

MAYA IS LEWD AND LIKES ANAL SEX

Not really. People are able to understand the concept of immigration. Literally all they need to say is Phoenix has Japanese lineage.

Does the PS4 version of the trilogy have trophies? And if they do are they straight forward or tedious to complete?

Yes, and given the limited gameplay they're all super easy and banal. 70% of them are just from beating all the cases and then the rest are just stuff like triggering all the stepladder arguments or showing everyone your badge. Meme stuff like that.

Alright. Sonic, will the new Ace Attorney game be a crossover?

I haven't played it but I know it does because I looked at them out of curiosity. They mostly just seem like they're given for getting a notable interaction, it's just shit like "Press Gumshoe on his second statement in 2-1" and shit like that.

Ah ok, guess I'm buying it on PS4 then. Thanks.

Thought Sherlock Holmes was public domain. Even shows up an important character in F/GO.

I want level 5 to put Layton 3-6 on mobile already.

It's really weird for Phoenix wright, since if you count the 3 games that were not officialy translated, the series got a new entry every 2 years at most since 2001. Now it's almost 3 and nothing on the horizon.

I for one am sick of the constant ports and remasters and just want a new fucking mainline game. Azran Legacy was 6 years ago, Kat's game sucked and most of its plot was relegated to a fucking anime that hasn't even been shown outside Japan.

I don't know what the fuck they think they're doing with the franchise. It feels like they wanted to relaunch it with Kat's game and the anime but then it bombed on account of being a late-lifespan 3DS title and now they have this cartoon series based on a game nobody played starring characters nobody is familiar with. And even those that DID play it didn't really enjoy it.

Seems like the Kat Switch port is their saving throw. Who knows where the franchise is going after that.

I just want a way to play specter’s flute without having to buy a used copy or emulate.

Preferably with all the London life stuff still in there.

I’m fine with Kat. Layton had two trilogies and both were tied up very neatly.

I'd be fine with her too except they introduced the mystery of Layton's whereabouts in the game and then solved it in the anime. They're now in a rut because the anime hasn't been localised yet so for Western audiences this mystery is a loose end. They can't make a game adapting the anime because it's already spoiled for Japanese audiences, but they also can't proceed until Westerners are caught up.

So in short, they aren't going to make a new game until the anime is localised, which doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon. In other words, we're fucked because of the weird way they decided to handle the plotting of this relaunch.

>Ace Attorney 7
>SMT V
>Disgaea 6
WHY DOES EVERYTHING I LOVE DIE