Steam new UI Open Beta September 17

looks good

Attached: valve.jpg (1200x1026, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements
arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/steam-library-update-will-dynamically-sort-your-gaming-backlog-coming-sept-17/
steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1608269907266250853
store.steampowered.com/updated/all/
steamcommunity.com/app/593110/allnews/#scrollTop=0
github.com/Mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

forgot the link

>gayben is copying egs
LMAO

Attached: 0dollar.jpg (1514x1341, 168K)

What did he copy?

>big symbols = good

FUCK NO
I HATE CHANGES
STOP IT VALVE

That's not a new feature at all. You can already do this in Steam.

Jesus fuck it's horrible

Looks like pretty much every game store. I haven't used Steam in years, didn't it look pretty much like that already?

literally all I want is to be able to sort my games by last played, status, and size on disk so I'm really looking forwards to them removing all of those

>Lets make some soulless interface
>But lets keep that shitty bit on the top

Not really a fan but whatever desu. Why are round corners becoming more common?

Attached: kuso.png (1200x717, 841K)

More screenshots:
arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/steam-library-update-will-dynamically-sort-your-gaming-backlog-coming-sept-17/

phone UI use rounded corners and phone screens have rounded corners

>only 2 hrs of StS in the past two week
Pathetic

this looks fucking terrible

i hate the windows 8 esque effect websites and software are going where they're dumbing down their designs to really ugly blocky simplistic designs to appeal to mentally retarded ADHD hipsters. it doesn't look good at all

agreed. it looks like shit

>Why, yes, I'm a nigger, how did you know?

Attached: file.png (1920x936, 3.4M)

Library
Home...

this

are you literally autistic, my man? this has been an option for years

Attached: mafaBRn.jpg (1910x600, 315K)

They better not go the fucking Google route and force this shit eventually. I really don't like the look of this at all. I just want to keep it the way it is. I like the way the current Steam library looks because it's all you need. It's clean, it's efficient.

Steam Blog is now a "game"? I always have trouble finding any Steam published news because their site is a bit of a mess.

If you click the title it links to this: steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1608269907266250853
Clicking "All events" leads to recently updated games: store.steampowered.com/updated/all/
And clicking Steam Events leads to the news section of the "game": steamcommunity.com/app/593110/allnews/#scrollTop=0

Is this all new stuff in preparation for 17th?

I don't like how these look at all but this look is alright.

Attached: 08_library_dynamic_collections.png (2273x1943, 3.43M)

Looks great, I hate it

No one uses this, dude. I have NEVER seen a person use this in my life. Everyone that uses Steam uses the list option.

I hate this garbage Netflix design.
I hate how everyone is using it.
Fuck that design.

Why does valve keep messing up shit. WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE KEPT THE OLD GREEN STEAM!

this
unfortunately there's no chance they won't force it. remember the steam friends BS? they forced that eventually, the old layout is gone forever at this point. they made it so you can't even force the old layout in the program settings.

Attached: 1566884267406.png (429x359, 284K)

I like the amount of customizable grouping and filtering options.

Attached: 04_library_new_shelf-1440x1231.png (1440x1231, 1M)

I use that view because it's pretty.

Attached: Capture.jpg (3840x2019, 1.38M)

no thanks

Attached: 53676473.jpg (1922x1080, 708K)

if there's no option to keep using the current list design or something extremely similar to it i'm unironically going to stop using steam forever

>BIG PICTURES FOR BIG RETARDS
I just want my old, simplistic ui back

Attached: 1559346559777.jpg (745x716, 95K)

everybody delivering before Stadia

Hope the metro skin survives this

Don't worry, user. In a few years another style will be popular and Steam will change accordingly so you can hate that style instead.

Attached: 1489488090457.png (650x650, 37K)

Maybe if you're an invalid with no understanding of aesthetics. That's an ugly unsorted mess, son.

>the EGS shitposter is German
Of course.

That's the column on the left you anime loving fucking TARD

Looks like shit. They've fixed nothing from their current design and have made it worse.

>last update was 2 months ago
I want to use this but it's missing so many features I use in all the time in steam

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't always a fucking mandatory swap. Like for fuck's sake just let your consumers have options. If it's just cosmetic there is literally no harm.

The list is literally on the left hand side of that picture.

oof

the good thing is devs will finallly fix their artwork (or at least some) for 4k displays and proper poster art, not that marquee shit that looks like ass on TVs

dude this is giving me eye cancer

dev told me 1-2 weeks until next update, and its apparently a major change from what we currently are using, i also feel frustrated having to wait so long between updates and finding out whats going on with it.

>Not using small mode

Attached: firefox_2019-09-04_19-55-19.jpg (386x747, 67K)

It's not just cosmetic though, it's code. That means supporting old shit, which no one wants to.

it's not the same you moron there's a bunch of big ugly blocks on the screen now and literally zero info about the games

no thanks pixlet

based

That's because no game is selected you mongoloid.

i started using the windows key to manage my games, and I have never looked back
>win key
>start typing name of the game
>enter
the correspondent client starts, and the game starts
no launchers on my startup
instant boot
my only gripe is the retards at Epic don't give an option to create a start menu entry

fuck you

you wouldn't be saying that if you had used a program with a genuinely fucking awful interface

forgot the pic

Attached: file.png (852x705, 39K)

no u

I actually quite like Steam's UI, I'm really not looking forward to the chance of them fucking it all up

>There's literally nothing wrong with the flu because malaria exists

Okay?

What a stupid thing to say,

but steam has a good interface and we're recognizing it's going to a worse one you absolute muppet

I'd do that with music but due to the way Windows handles file opening it keeps asking me how I want to open the file.

explain how

Please don't fuck with the Metro skin.

>those couch co op games
kek

there are people that don't do this?

I think I know what you are referring too
they have some stupid shit about file types, and the new system to do it overrides the old one
open a section called "default apps" in settings and get rid of pic related there
if you don't do it, no matter how much you override the different file extensions, the search thingy will open the default app there

Attached: file.png (465x144, 5K)

That's some shit taste if i've seen any.

>genre and tag filters

Attached: mbisonyes.gif (288x162, 1018K)

>Not using Steam Compact

Attached: Steam Compact.png (1920x1040, 258K)

what mod should I be using to get that old 2010 black look back?

probably 99.9% of people here have Steam launch on boot

yeah i have
>games on steam
and
>games/programs i find by searching windows

>90% wasted space
No thanks.

I clearly understand the demo effect
I mean, opening your library, and looking at all the gorgeous artwork... but further down the line, when you have enough games to make the UI struggle, you stop caring, you create a Favorites or a Queue category, and get a tiny list of games you are currently playing
or even better,

money can be exchanged for goods and services

There's less wasted space than the regular Steam UI. UI elements only take up as much space as they need to, freeing up more space to view the actual content you want to see. Here it is in small mode.

Attached: Steam Compact Small.png (320x700, 72K)

Groove is long gone. If I set default to WMP it works fine. I remember reading foobar forums and basically they can do nothing about it.

Attached: Untitled.png (2189x1207, 1.03M)

>Small mode looks near identical to skinless
Yawn. Why bother?

it doesn't work if you check the "always open mp3 files"?
I don't mean uninstalling groove
I mean changing that to foobar

>Small mode looks near identical to skinless
Except that it removes all of the useless padding that skinless Steam has. Which again, leaves more space for you to look at the actual content.

>I’m gonna have to re-do every single fucking custom banner for every single non-Steam shortcut
>none of the banner Boorus will have anything in the new format
Just fuck my shit up famalam.

It better at least have better tagging/sorting/filtering for the library, it should be on par with the systems used for the store.

how about some new games instead?
yeah, didnt think so

sorry, forgot the pic again
I am more retarded than usual today

Attached: file.png (503x478, 29K)

Yeah, it doesn't, and foobar is already set as default.

>Valve
>making games
Very funny user.

i'm looking forward to be able to filter my library by tag. if i feel like playing a strategy game at the moment i have to scroll through hundreds of games and i'll still probably miss one while going through them all.

I use Big Picture so I doubt this'll affect me.

Attached: 1566166264113.gif (220x220, 365K)

bummer
I usually just open foobar and play music from library list
windows 10 is a mess in a lot of places, 2bh

fkin boomers lmao *dabs*

Big Picture just crashs every time I try and open it.

Attached: 152608636373.gif (500x281, 1.76M)

Probably Deep Silver employee.

That actually looks nice. Kinda like the old GOG library.
Shame most old games will probably look like ass though since they will never get proper covers for this.

Looks like more terrible touch-screen crap to me.

i do not like it but i guess i will get use to it
i would like to go back tho somehow little after puke green UI

Attached: IT'S XCOM BABY.webm (535x300, 2.89M)

The padding is there for clarity. Compact has worse readability and is therefore objectively inferior.

It really is. Found the message from developers I was talking about that goes into detail about this issue.

Attached: Capture.jpg (2619x836, 189K)

Biggest problem is the screen is so cluttered with nothing valuable.

this.

Attached: Aids.jpg (481x442, 57K)

OLD GOOD NEW BAD
There hasn't been a redesign in the history of websites that people haven't shit their pants over. 99% of the time it being completely unjustified and forgotten about within 2 days of going live. This new steam design is barely different from the old one but looks more polished.
New twitter is objectively shit though.

Thank fuck. Fuck grids.

Hopefully you can upload your own artwork just like you can in current grid view.

Attached: Untitled.png (853x486, 252K)

>big penis = good
FUCK YOU VERONICA

>ads in the library

dear lord..
I use the skip ahead build, and I am quite happy with it in terms of performance, but it's mind boggling how they can ignore real issues, and at the same time introduce shit no one uses
the feedback forums are ridiculous
get ready for the new Explorer

Attached: file.png (923x616, 38K)

I hate how they're rolling out the redesign bits at a time. This is the exact same blog post but they look completely different.
steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1608269907266250853
And on the new version you have to wait for a little spinning logo because this is the modern web and you can't even have text on a website load instantly you need 50mb of javascript libraries to show a loading animation for 5 seconds before the website is functional.

Looks like discord.

which one guys?

Attached: 1234.png (343x437, 35K)

At least Windows 8 was somewhat cohesive. The new Steam library is complicated, inconsistent mess.

>new exhentai design comes out
>cover up the negative reception with a fake scare about the servers shutting down because of some Yuropoors

Attached: B48B5BEB-19A8-4687-AA9E-E9216DD59EA9.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Looks like shit and anyone who doesn't just open the game they want from the sidebar list is just retarded or autistic.

these pictures are kind of weird, because the new site pages they are debuting use the new full blast blue, but this new pics are back to generic steam gray
check the recommendations page engine... I thought that was the new design direction, so I don't understand how this looks like this, instead of blue
or is it that the entire window is transparent? whatever
> new page looking blue as fuck

Attached: file.png (903x809, 392K)

>gayben is copying egs
It looks more like GOG Galaxy 2.0.

Attached: 1536495887697.jpg (1460x945, 255K)

>open the game
the correct term is "run" the game or " play" the game you open directories you run programs games are programs

They really should decide on one uniform style and stick to it. Store and client and community UI are stylistical mess.

I really hope they didn't went with fucking Electron like they did with friends list. Shit just works slower than the old one. But seeing the leaked files I doubt it's not the case here.

>1493 games
I didn't even know GOG had that many.

Why would I want to use this terrible fucking ui?

cope kike

>option
are your retarded ? Im talking about default settings based retard

t. autismo

where's half life 3 gabe

proper terminology is important

Because it's better than the current one.

When can we get good steam back?

Attached: CiGChjk.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

GOG Galaxy 2 is a unified launcher for Steam, Uplay, Origin, EGS and GOG.

when windows looks liker that again

I don't get it.

absolutely
and worst of all, they have two versions of the website for mobile
the one in the mobile browser, and the one in the android/ios app
it is ridiculous

Oh, right, forgot about it.

when? i need dis

We can only dream i guess

ill suck you off if you get around to DDDA

>a launcher for your launchers
when do we get a launcher that launches either the playnite or gog launcher which can start your actual launchers?

Still in beta. Should be out later this year or early next year.

Give it some time.

This is a simple situation, but the debate around it in this community is extremely retarded, but this is an important 'microcosm' of the bigger picture that deserves some attention.
Here, let me explain:
No one is assessing the point of having a list of reviews to begin with.

The OBJECTIVE point is obvious: to record the individual sentiments of a certain group of people about the product and make it available to a certain group of people who may be considering interacting with the product.

The leftists simply try to qualify every aspect of the definition illogically.
They totally contradict the simple, objective truth above.
They try to limit whose review should count at all, who should be able to see whose review, they try to say that people need to have a certain motivation for their sentiments, and so on.
All without any reasoning at all.

The bottom line is this:
The sentiment is out there and it's associated with the game and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Trying to stop it or advocating for stopping it reveals you as DISHONEST and MANIPULATIVE.

in gamergate 2.0 there will be blood

Attached: re.png (658x438, 308K)

>a fucking banner advert
Valve was always trash

looks like dogshit

gamers really are the most autistic bunch of fucking retards in existence, holy shit dude

Attached: 1531966504818.jpg (640x629, 312K)

Most of the time they do it for mobile integration. This is just shit design though.

i got in the beta for this but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get manual integrations working

Is the News section getting cut out? Because if so then I'm all in for this, I don't even want to know that RPS loosely mentioned whatever game I'm playing on their latest article about characters with stupid haircuts

Attached: 2371c26697b2c40b8171aa88b7bc5c06.png (659x937, 161K)

Isn't Steam already a unified launcher for Steam, Uplay, Origin, EGS and GOG? It's not like GOG2 stops the other launcher from needing to be installed or booting in the fucking background which is why people don't want eleventy-three fucking launchers in the first place.

It looks bad - cluttered as fuck. I don't give a shit about "What's new" or "Recent friend activity".

Can you filter by Metacritic score or reviews?

Steam desperately needs a garbage filter.

This, fuck the old news section. I hope you will only get official announcements from the devs in the new style.

> It's not like GOG2 stops the other launcher from needing to be installed or booting in the fucking background
That's their aim afaik. The whole launcher integration involves signing in using a specific launcher's details, so you can bypass using the actual launcher. They were working on this the last time I checked up on it, but I'm not sure whether it's still a priority.

I have absolutely zero faith that this will ever come to pass.

The whole point of developers demanding that you use their launcher is that they want to be able to shove ads for their store's products in your fucking face every time you play a game. That's the entire function (including for Steam). It doesn't make business sense to enable the end-user to bypass the process of opening and viewing the launcher; if it did, they never would have developed their own fucking launcher in the first place.

This shit goes nowhere, I promise.

Looks like I'll get to use the new steam UI before I get access to the GOG beta I signed up for months ago. No wonder GOG is such a continual failure, they have one opportunity to get an advantage of steam and they still manage to fuck it up by not giving access to their beta before it becomes antiquated.

So much wasted space.

I think you've missed the mark of the whole reason why there's different launchers, ads are the tip of the iceberg.

First is revenue, rather than splitting money with a different service, they'd rather get the full amount. Upkeep and servers cost less in the long run. Second is data. As long as you're registered to a service, you've give them all they need to sell your data.

GOG Galaxy 2 does nothing to stop either of those.

that's your library

>First is revenue, rather than splitting money with a different service, they'd rather get the full amount
You don't need to develop a launcher for that, genius. Minecraft just sells the fucking game through their website. Hell, most of the stores allow you to use the web version of the client to make purchases (I know Steam and EGS do). Buying the game through a publisher's version of Amazon would be cheaper than developing and maintaining a software storefront.

>Second is data. As long as you're registered to a service, you've give them all they need to sell your data.
Again, don't need a launcher for this, at least not really. I guess the launcher can scrape shit while it's active in the background, but to your point, you give over your data when you register.

Again, why not do it like Amazon? Why not make you sign up for an account, buy games, and then get download links? Fuck me, any developer could do that, today, right now, with Steam, you can generate codes on the back-end free of charge (which is how Humble gets them, for instance), or just provide links to executable files like every other software developer on the planet.

The reason for developing a launcher specifically is to "bring you into the store" every time you boot a game up. It's all about eyeballs on advertisements. Any service that doesn't actually want you to boot up their piece of software every time you play a game would have sold their game through some website instead of a piece of software.

So to think that GOG2 is going to get permission to reverse-engineer all of these launchers' credentialing data so that end-users can bypass the launcher completely at startup is a pipedream. No fucking dice, user. Nobody's gonna allow that.

It all makes sense now

Trash.
Can I keep the current one, at least?

>So to think that GOG2 is going to get permission to reverse-engineer all of these launchers
What makes you think CD Projekt is reverse-engineering or even touch code from other companies? Microsoft, Steam and EA have already gave them a backdoor.

>But, a good library shouldn't just be dusty shelves, it has to be a fun place to explore and find whatever it is that you're looking for. Whether you want to keep up to date about what's happening with your games, find a game to play with your friends, or explore what's happening in your game's community, your library should support you.

FUCK YOU STEAM

Who are you to decide what a "good library" should be? Pic related is my idea of a good library, I don't need any of this tacky gimmicky shit on top, what absolute arrogant fucking cunts.

I'm really gonna miss the simple, unobtrusive, "dusty shelves" library

Attached: 2019-09-04_15-33-30.png (1759x993, 704K)

Ok autist.

theres this thing called small mode that i think you'd really like

If this bothers you so much why not just go straight for the games? I don't care at all about anything besides the bar on the left and its games so I just don't read anything and click the game I want to play. But I can only assume you're either a whiny bitch or a massive retard since small mode exists

>small mode

fucking where? I don't see it anywhere on the interface

I'm using Metro but this should probably cue you in on where to find the option.

Attached: bruh.png (259x600, 17K)

View menu on the menu bar.

>can't see my screenshots like in the "large mode"

it's fucking worthless

Does this has tabs already?

Attached: DlX2_ADUUAIwv48.jpg (1200x1191, 204K)

Oh sorry user I inccorectly assumed you didn't care for tacky gimmicky shit.

You didn't even read my post retard
>Pic related is my idea of a good library

jesus fuck i knew the moment i replied with small mode your retort was going to be BUT MUH SCREENSHOTS

So you like tacky gimmicky shit then?

This is literally just grid view glued to standard view.

>a view of your recent screenshots is somehow as tacky and gimmicky as whatever the fuck this shit is

Yes I'm glad we agree

Based Rabi Ribichad

enjoy your bloated shit glorified grid view then

I like this as much as I like the new Twitter and Youtube layouts.

Or I can use small mode and if I ever need to go see me screenshots I'll just use the folder for them because I'm not a dumb clown

GOG 2.0 will save us.

sure just use cuck mode, and be unable to easily effortlessly switch from library to store to community tabs

>mfw they'll probably force everyone to add games again to the new category system
I'm not looking forward to that

Attached: 1495827899013.png (560x551, 274K)

That all sounds like gimmicky shit to me sorry user, who even uses the community tab lmao

nigger it's just a bunch of pictures of boats, how much of an autist do you have to be that you need to keep them on hand at all times

He doesn't actually need them, he just wanted a new reason to complain about the scary new thing that's coming up

>not using the community tab to look at others screenshots

lmaoing at yuur life

Attached: screenshtots.png (1208x977, 1.11M)

github.com/Mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy

follow links for plugins you want. click green "download" link to get zip archive, unpack to plugins folder (read first page of plugin readme for the path)

If I wanted to look at anime titties and screenshots of modded games I'd just browse a regular Yea Forums thread

Maybe he needs to be able to rub one off quick when he gets the urges

I deleted my Steam account.

>nigger it's just a bunch of pictures of boats

That's just one random game, I take screenshots in all my games though.

Fuck that makes my dick so hard

Looks like shit.
UIs and basic web design this decade is so shit.

>NOT INSTALLED
You know you can just filter by installed games right?

Attached: file.png (275x779, 72K)

if he couldn't spend 5 seconds to look for the option to turn on small mode do you really think he'd take the time to do that

>a launcher for launchers

Attached: marisa rainbow vomit.png (405x327, 147K)

Doesn't it take longer to sort which games are installed or not into their own separate tag though?

>organizing your library differently than pic related
user that's autismo

Attached: qw.png (428x61, 26K)

My library is full of garbage

oh it definitely takes longer, but like said he's just a massive retard

Just let me customize the UI layout

those are the ones I might want to install later vs. the ones I don't wanna (meh)

nice assumptions retard

I'll be fair here, I do enjoy that they're now accommodating the fact that games these days are complete fucking idiotic existence that keep updating long after their actual release.

not assuming anything youve already proved youre a retard you retard

> the ones I don't wanna (meh)
Why not just put them under hidden? Or get Steam to remove them from your library permanently? Man for someone who doesn't like gimmicky shit you sure don't like using anything that makes things simpler.

Your basis for this proof being your own assumptions and delusions, okay.

Likely won't work. Companies like Valve could just restrict third party logins on other launchers to prevent this and just claim it is for security reasons if there is any backlash.
Valve, Epic Games Story, Origin, etc are not just going to let GOG waltz in and let everyone sign into other clients and take away customers.

>buy ubisoft game from steam
>launch gog galaxy
>gog galaxy launches steam
>steam launches uplay
>uplay launches game
thanks for speeding up the process retarded slavs

no my basis for this proof is you complaining about gimmicky shit, people suggesting how to avoid that only to have you complain about not having "screenshots" or some shit show up despite there being a button to view all your screenshots in the, guess where, very same menu you get to small mode in.
retard

>viewing screenshots in a seperate window

only cucks do that, cucks who use cuck mode liek you cluck cluck cuck cluck cuck cuk

>icons

I hate it!

Playnite is better.

checked

nothing.

Steam sucks and has sucked since its inception

who fucking thought this looked good at all?
its dogshit

I just hope it helps sort out massive libraries like I've got so I don't have to use a separate program just to categorize everything.
not an ounce of shovelware or a single f2p game eithere

Attached: 500.jpg (184x184, 4K)

my man

I hope they make it easier for skinners to work with the client.

using a fucking touch-centered mobile design on a PC is 'genuinely fucking awful'

I have 452 games myself. Had steam since 2007. What's your count exactly?

If this fucks up my categories I will unleash my recreational nuclear weapons upon the planet

>favorites
>backlog
>now playing
>played
why would you need more?

Man is there anything more sobering than seeing a decade old design change?

lmao why are they making it look like epic or windows 8 brainlet tier style.

No thanks, I like as is.

Attached: steamui.jpg (3440x1809, 917K)

wish I could make grids smaller though

also, when did subverse came out? is it good?.

I forgot this was happening

shit tier layout

rent free

>looks like discord homepage
YIKES

People actually use the big picture mode?

Who thought that big green play button looked good?

Me :)

>inb4 Pixelvision is broken apart even more

Discord has a homepage?

nobody likes that trash skin

>tfw you never downloaded the cancerous New Faggotry Experience UI update in August of last year, locked down Steam from accessing the internet, and had already downloaded and installed your entire library so there's no need to ever again

Attached: 1543256174119.jpg (3682x3082, 1009K)

mine still looks like the old one. is it because i'm in detail view? i like this view the best

> using wojack

wait, it's not even just grid view for me. mine's just the old one

It's not out yet, user. I have it pre order.

too little too late, GoG 2.0 is where it's at.
>inb4 launcher for launchers

True, but its fucking amazing to have only GoG booting up on launch, where you can see the games you have everywhere, even fucking PS4.

Attached: Untitled.png (1202x650, 718K)

Looks like this got updated as well?

store.steampowered.com/updated/all/

Any idea on how much memory this new UI is going to eat up?
I'm a RAMlet, so I hope it doesn't impact us poorfags too greatly.

Attached: 1535519501128.png (336x376, 32K)

Try reading the OP

Meh. Playnite is still better.

People are only jerking that off because MUH CDPR.

You can thank Epic Games for forcing Valve to start improving. Remember how terrible Friends was until Discord destroyed the competition? It's frustrating how we can never have a discussion because so many people are insecure and instantly shield themselves and precious Valve because they invested so much time and money in their platform. Money on games that were on sale which they've never played, by the way.

Come on, it doesn't take many brain cells to realize competition is GOOD for you. You should be happy for Epic Games and the others. It'll force YOUR precious platform to become better.

When Valve had a monopoly you never got changes. Nothing ever happened. All they did was sell more hats and monetize your Steam profile.

Attached: lara_has_best_pussy.jpg (582x1024, 62K)

lmao what mate?

This shit has been slated since forever regardless of EGS' existence.

No one in their right mind would thank the cause of yet another brand of consolewar shitposting.

My point still stands. Half-Life 3 has been slated since the dawn of time. Valve only hurries up and does something when they're losing shekels. I'm sure the Friends revamp was also slated for years until Discord came charging through.

The images for the steam redesign were leaked in 2017 a year before EGS was announced.

>Steam does something
>SEE LOOK LOOOOOOOOOK WE DID THAT EPIC DID THAT LOLOLOL GABE IS SHAKING IN HIS BOOTS M-MUUUUUH COMPETITION

do you think valve actually considers egs competition? we've had other company's games stores for years and honestly even uplay's more successful than egs. And the UI redesign was a thing way before fortnite, yet alone egs.

Attached: 1502752424642.png (710x577, 30K)

Looks like an excuse to wedge the fucking Storefront into the Library.

>improving
Steam already had grid and list view, now it just has an abortion of grid and list slapped together.

Metro tiles have been a thing for over a decade, dumbass. I remember some Windows Phone I had like 7 years ago that had those fucking tiles everywhere. I hate those damn things. I miss when objects were 3D. Depth. Shadows. Buttons. This flat metro meme is a step backwards.

>looks good

Attached: 14981531561.gif (931x682, 426K)

corners were round before they were squared. and they were squared before they were round. ie: Windows 3.1 > Windows XP > Windows 8.1.

Epic Games has double the amount of Uplay users, at least. Didn't take much research to find that out. Considering how Fortnite is the next Minecraft. The point is that it may have been in development for years, like Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, and all that, but they've only forced themselves to do something when under pressure. How many times do I have to repeat the same thing? It's not a difficult concept to understand.

No, I don't think Valve considers anyone competition. That's their issue. It's why they were riding the gravy train years ago and not caring about the competition. Back then everyone hated Uplay and Origin because they were bloated DRM, but now they work and look much better than Steam. And they took their games with them. Most AAA games are on other platforms and Valve started releasing any game they could because they got scared. Remember Greenlight? Yeah, you remember. It was a nightmare to get on. You had to TRY, but now it's filled with Unity cash grabs and degrades the entire store.

Yeah, okay Captain Chromosome, enjoy sucking off Valve for abusing you and shilling for them instead of forcing them to compete. A+ buddy. I hope Valve pays you.

>fortnite is the new minecraft
>it hasn't even been two years and it's already dying
Lol

is this for lulz mod or actual state of long war 2

don't worry youngling, you will love it when this style of design is replaced by a newer one or maybe you'll have grown out being a contrarian by then.

This looks like shit. What's the point in listing all your games TWICE?

>contrarian
>overwhelming majority dislike it

buzz buzz

well i thought you didn't like design purely because of modernization. if that's not the case and you actually don't like it because of valid reasons, it's all right.

I disagree with you, but will concede due to your quints.

Looks like shit. Big fucking squares for no reason. I don't give a shit what my friends are playing from day to day. I don't need a program to tell me what I've played recently. I suppose night games is just a player made category. Oh look there it is on the list to the left. I SURE AM GLAD ALL THOSE SQUARES ARE EVERY WHERE.

Looks like shit. Shit, I tell you! SHIT! SHIIIIIIIIIT!

underrated

stop ui bloat now

Attached: 0hxos14cornz.png (981x737, 46K)

I just wanna go back, bros.

>All these peasants looking for and using inferior launchers

Attached: file.png (1920x1039, 2.38M)

>he gives EA money

>zoomers who never used old steam pretending it was good
Steam friends was actually unusable and broken for 5 years

Attached: 1546522047686.gif (384x108, 16K)

I've been on it since 2004, bro. I liked the old aesthetic.

Attached: years on steam.png (200x124, 26K)

Looks like shit. I hate change.

>nice, concise design where every element is viewable on one page at a single glance or otherwise accessed with a link in a side bar
vs.
>enormous block mess with fuckhuge UI elements, tons of useless information and a scrollbar the length of the great wall of china
i hope you spastics that have been begging for a UI update for ages because the previous one "looked too old" are happy with yourselves

the massive, disgusting new friends list UI was a look into the future

Attached: steam-library.png (975x590, 433K)

>javascript
>nodejs
>oversized everything
dropped

Attached: 1539426890842.png (636x594, 460K)

room temperature IQ post

It's literally the same but that useless shit listing PC Gamer and RPS got replaced with useful information.

I'm ashamed to share the same nation as that faggot.

Where are you getting your statistics from?

Attached: Playnite.DesktopApp_2019-09-04_18-11-38_proc.jpg (1920x1038, 498K)

Nigger 60 of the viewable elements here is a bullshit RSS news feed nobody cares about.