Is it as bad as they say?

is it as bad as they say?

Attached: 7ddda6d50427793a211315615ce16a825efa99aa.jpg (616x353, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DzsFMsIZPM
youtu.be/EvYc1tpYfQ0?t=535
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The last good Assassin's Creed game was Brotherhood.

Attached: 1567472557943.jpg (850x779, 230K)

mogged

Attached: 43040792_348762052333497_7697751817334564984_n.jpg (750x750, 95K)

Nice body. Too bad it's attached to an ugly black woman.

It's literally the last real Assassin's Creed. Best setting. Actually difficult missions. Actual historical context.

post height and jaw

i'm sure it was really bad at launch but i didn't play that, i played with all the official patches and i have to say. Pretty good. For a Credo du Cul game.

No, it's kinda ok. Played it a few months ago, was ok and even fun in some aspects. Like have said, AC is a sea of mediocrity, in which Black Flag stood out because of the fun Caribbean theme and naval gameplay, Unity occasionally raises above this sea level due to some its reworked mechanics.

Brotherhood is the last one I played. I sometimes consider playing the one that actually finishes Ezio's story but then I remember I don't give a shit. I think it was called revelations.

Great game with incredible graphics. Does many things right and moves in the right direction in terms of gameplay and difficulty. Also the multiplayer was really fun and challenging. Very close to being the perfect AC game.

The problem though was that no one told Ubisoft that PS4 wasn't an actual nextgen system. They went in hard on the nextgen graphics. So hard that no console nor PC could run it properly. It was bug-riddled for ages. Mix that with an asspull of a story, unlikable and forgettable characters and a wasted potential using something as eventful as the French Revolution and you get a lot of distaste for it.

Still, if I were to replay any of the AC games, it would be Unity in a heartbeat.

Attached: ACU_Screen_AssassinsUnited_E3_140609_4pmPST_1402143754.jpg (4480x2520, 868K)

If Black Flag shines with its naval combat then Unity shines with its ground level. I never wanted to just walk among the crowd like a normal person in any other game but in Unity i did and the streets and the crowds, the ambiance of it is really the game's forté.

For what it's worth, I hated Revelations. There was a lot of tower defense nonsense that you were semi obligated to do, and the story wasn't as engaging in my opinion

that user being handsome or not won't change how ugly she is

>moves in the right direction in terms of gameplay and difficulty
Watch out, this poster is a huge casual and only plays triple A movie games.
Here's the truth: 5 hours in you start upgrading your gear and that's when the fun's over as fights go from being easy to being braindead as is usual for ass creed

You never played it. Fighting was a bad idea almost all the time and stealth was the best way to keep yourself from dying. You can't just bamham your way through combat in unity. Parries and attacks are tiered and you're not nearly as durable as you are in the other games. You could hold your ground for a while but you would have to buck until the search phase was over if you wanted to be safe.

Played it on PC year after release and after all the patching was done and honestly it was way better than expected.

Combat was better than previous entries, you felt more like an assassin than subsequent entries, games looks quite good (Paris is beautiful, huge crowds).

Not all of it is great but most of it is pretty damn good so play it if you haven't.

>you never played it
fuck off
As soon as I got the zweihander the game turned to boring shit. I'll admit it had the best fights of the entire series before that point, but it's still bad.

And I only played it for the gameplay basically. The story is ass, the sidemissions didnt interest me in the slightest, it's fucking Ubisoft we're talking about. They can't write for shit.

Attached: file.png (335x116, 60K)

One of the best AC games whose reputation was tarnished by a bad launch.

Is it more Assassin's Creed 1 than Blackflag though?

I always hated the series going from being an actual assassin to being a tank armed to the death with 'press L1 to win' button prompts.

I never used the zweihander so I guess I had a different experience. Still, everything you say sounds like you agree with me (best gameplay in the series, story is terrible) so why be so combative?

Also you should have done those side missions. A lot of them were fun, especially the multiplayer ones.

Attached: ass's creep.jpg (727x598, 59K)

>something as eventful as the French Revolution

Imagine being this pleb

Attached: Stay-In-School.gif (375x202, 37K)

If it didn't run like ass I might have given it more of a chance.
Also it wasnt just the zwei, every class of weapon got REALLY stupid strong at certain points of the upgrades.
Best AC combat imo is 3, where the animations are clean and quick. Worst AC combat but best overall gameplay is black flag. The animations there are extremely clunky with 5-second long cartoony killing animations that glitch out every time, but damn the ship stuff is great

Unity is not that good. It doesn't offer anything beyond the first few hours of combat and story, then ironically they both go to shit

Unity is the last good real AC game (I never played Syndicate or Rogue tho). I like Origins but more for the setting and pretty much everything except for the gameplay. Unity has a great setting and focuses on stealth mechanics more than any other AC game, but probably too much for the average player, which coupled with the shitty performance issues at launch is probably why it didn't do well. Shame they drew the wrong lessons from that and assumed players didn't want stealth at all, which is probably why it was all but removed in later games.

Not that user but I mostly used 1 handed swords and all my armor was stealth focused so combat wasn't exactly piss easy (I usually prefer the stealth approach in games that allow it).
My experience is more similar to what he explained: I could hold my own for a while but eventually I'd have to leg it if it was a large group.
Honestly it was one of the things I liked the most about it, combat didn't feel nearly as easy as the previous entries and the way the assassinations were set up felt like Hitman-lite and since I love Hitman it was right up my alley.

I personally dont like stealth in a third person game, let alone a third person game with x-ray vision.

>Best AC combat imo is 3
>literally press one button to watch a cinematic that kills mutliple enemies for free: the game

>"Watch out, this poster is a huge casual and only plays triple A movie games."
the irony.

Attached: 1567473576382.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>plays stealth game
>Why is there stealth in this?

Attached: 1508935104259.png (1190x906, 251K)

I'm butthurt that one of the coolest setting got wasted on a shitty love story

AC stopped being stealth after 2

Let's rephrase what I said in a way that isn't a strawman
>plays stealth game
>stealth is boring as fuck because of consolebabby design

It's fucking assassins creed. All combat in each of the games is piss easy, I'm just saying 3 had the best one because it was the most fun.
You could counter an enemy using a snare. Also the hook was fun.

TL;DR: Fuck off retard

>assassins creed
>stealth game
at least you posted an image that reflects your post well

Meh. Story is really short and forgettable. Multiplayer is glitchy as hell and Multiplayer stealth will Never work. I guess it has atmosphere but I'd have preferred medieval Paris over revolution Paris.

Overall it's just another historical tourism sim to run around and look at things then forget.

Attached: IMG_e6cc8c90-7210-48a9-9439-c188259c1248.jpg (1920x1080, 1.41M)

>>stealth is boring as fuck because of consolebabby design
then go back to the sims

How to spot the blob who started the series with that garbage Odyssea or Origins.

holy shit, based

I felt like a retard walking through the crowd being the only guy wearing a hood and flashy robes. Multiply that by 10 if you're using a broadsword or polearm...

Ass creed does stealth in all the wrong ways. It should be about evasion and BLENDING in, not hiding behind walls or in closets or whatever, that should be secondary.

You should have to dress like the peasants around you if you're in a peasant area, stuff like that.

i played it the other day, it was okay. i hated how the love interest was a retard.

Don't be a retard the combat was the best thing about Unity.

Assassin's Creed Unity is one of the only games in the franchise worth playing and revisiting. It's the last good game in the series as well. There's much more emphasis placed on stealth gameplay. Assassin's Creed Unity is more of an evolution of the original Assassin's Creed. Chain killing has been removed, though you can still parry and stagger enemies in open combat. Unity has plenty of weapon variety and customization options for the character. Pole weapons, axes, one handed swords, maces, cleavers, much more. Though you have to enter numerous sub menus just to change your gear. The game needed some sort of radial menu to swap out weapons.

The story isn't too bad either. As a character, Arno doesn't amount to much more than a retread of Ezio in Assassin's Creed II. I liked the situations that Arno was placed in, however. Unity was pretty interesting if you find the time period of the French Revolution interesting. For a good chunk of the game, you're on the side of the French Royalists who defend the monarchy. Some missions have you doing activities such as destroying letters of correspondence between King Louis XVI and the Parisian leader of the Assassins, there's another mission where you put a stop to an assassination attempt on King Louis XVI, and you bring an end to the Reign of Terror when you capture a stereotypical demonized Robespierre. In Assassin's Creed Unity, the Reign of Terror is portrayed as though it were some sort of Templar conspiracy to gain control of the middle class through paranoia. When Unity first released around the end of 2014, there were a few leftist French critics who condemned the game for fueling counter-revolutionary narratives, but Arno speaks in favor of the French Revolution when he talks back to his assassin mentors from time to time, so the game isn't wholly counter-revolutionary.

Attached: 1456540391976.jpg (1920x1080, 1.62M)

It's a natural course of action for conspiracy theory cliches (Unity's depiction of the Reign of Terror) to come about through a counter-revolutionary narrative, and conspiracy theories are part of what made the original Assassin's Creed compelling. If anyone claims that Assassin's Creed Unity is purely counter-revolutionary it just exposes that person as short-sighted.

If there is anything weak about Unity's story, then it all comes down to Arno and his Romeo/Juliet romance with Élise . Arno is born to an Assassin father, then later on Arno is orphaned and the Parisian Templar leader adopts him. Arno's adopted father has a daughter (Élise) and she eventually joins the Templar cause while Arno follows in his biological father's footsteps. Even though Arno and Élise are of two different factions they love each other. As the French Revolution comes to a head, the Parisian Assassin leader and the Parisian Templar leader wish to secure their power structures so they sort of come to a temporary truce. And with Arno as protagonist, we see the story through his eyes and he longs for the days of security from his childhood. That's also why Unity gives the impression that the populist revolutionary movements are wrong, though some of the antagonists in the game have compelling viewpoints. There was plenty of nuance in the story. Arno was just too weak of a protagonist. Ezio playboy 2.0 doesn't fit this type of story that well. A more ideologically driven protagonist could navigate the mess of the French Revolution and find a better alternative. Unity raised a lot of questions regarding stagnation, extremism, corruption etc but everything gets swept under the rug in favor of Arno's romance with Élise.

Attached: 1513980114926.gif (268x268, 1.73M)

yeah calling ass creed a stealth series is a pretty good indicator you're a retarded zoomer

Brotherhood was a disgrace. It marked the decline of the franchise.

Attached: Assassin'sCreedTier.png (1393x1126, 1.07M)

Imagine writing this much about a shallow 15 hour game with half-baked story... The game ended too soon and ignored too much of the French revolution in favor of some ridiculous love story between 2 boring nobodies, simple as that

>this game is too casual for me
>"go back to the sims"
This makes no sense, you alright bud?

>first game above the second
opinion trashed

Even though Origins is one of my favorites, I appreciate anyone who at least recognizes it as being better than Odyssey. Too many people lump them together when they're drastically different. Odyssey was such a waste of time to play... I kept waiting to get to the good part and after 100 hours it never fucking happened. The game was ALL grind.

Attached: IMG_199a1643-63e4-45aa-809d-9fafa8150571.jpg (1920x1080, 2.11M)

your list is incorrect, friend

Attached: naruto tier list.png (1064x581, 388K)

>moves in the right direction in terms of gameplay and difficulty
Dont listen to this fucking retard. The only reason why this game was more 'difficult', is because they removed shit that you could do in previous games to slow down the combat, and you take more damage overall. Instead of doing cool killstreaks to dispatch a dozen soldiers, you'll just be throwing smoke bombs constantly to speed up the action.
As too your original question, I played the game earlier this year, and I wouldn't say that it was that bad, but it was certainly annoying. Specially if youre a completionist. Worth aa buy if you can get it for cheap I suppose.

Attached: 1486960983966.jpg (466x493, 51K)

It's good, Syndicate is better

>sakura
>god tier
yikes

>watching naruto
Embarrassing. Back in middle school and HS, narutofags were immediately outed and rightfully bullied over it. I have nothing but contempt for you.

after all the fixes its one of the best in the series
fuck the new RPG shit, the multiplayer in Unity was fucking GOAT

Attached: tumblr_ndxk24NJEb1tippkso3_400.gif (392x186, 1.92M)

>not using the musket
im lmaoing at your life

Zoom zoom

>origins and odyssey, the worst of the series anywhere near Brotherhood, 2 and revelations
reapply yourself user, that is shit

Unity has just as much RPG elements as origins. In fact probably more because in unity each individual armor piece has stats whereas in origins you just have a breastplate .

Get over it low test gimp

this

You need to kill yourself, user.

Attached: Capture.jpg (292x785, 150K)

Not him but, be that as it may, it was still the most enjoyable game in the series for me.

Well that's more Hitman's style while in AC the outfit was meant to sort of work like that in any setting except strongholds, but yeah I agree the earlier games' crowd blending coupled with the parkour and climbing was great even if the movement mechanics were almost always fucked (in that they worked just badly enough that no matter how carefully you snuck through a mission the puppeteer movement stuff would eventually fuck up once and that was enough to invalidate all that effort and make you think twice about taking the stealth seriously).
Blending was never too powerful since it had limited or no effect in enemy strongholds where you had to resort to not being seen at all unless maybe there were monks around, but I guess Ubi grew bored with it and opted to make it like every other third-person "stealth action" game where you hide behind boxes and have to slaughter entire castles anyway. We got some fun games out of the series though, still hope they'll reconsider the current direction at some point.

The only characters who had outfits that reasonably blended in was Shay as an assassin and maybe Edward... Because he's a pirate criminal already

Attached: assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-walkthrough.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Actually if you remember AC1, the point of the hood and robe was so that the assassins could blend spefically into crowds with monks in them. It worked in that game.

Attached: AC1_Altair_blending_with_Scholars.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

I meant the useless dialog choices, loot, enemy levels, explosive kicks, flaming swords, straight up magical monsters and complete abandonment of any historical accuracies

Most AC games were pretty good lol, it’s one of the franchises that appeal perfectly to the history niche. Even if it abandons details, it’s still the only game series that does what they do. Haven’t played odyssey tho because I can’t wrap my head around the Demi god thing

That's all Odyssey shit except for loot weapons & enemy levels (which unity had as well. The districts of Paris were separated by difficulty and you had to buy new weapons as you played.)

Origins doesn't have dialogue choices, magic powers, or magic monsters. Actually it does have a giant snake, but that's simply a drug-induced dream sequence where the MC thinks he's in the underworld.

Attached: ACO_DLC2_MertiAndSutekh-920x518.jpg (920x518, 100K)

>Origins doesn't have dialogue choices, magic powers, or magic monsters
What am I reading? Origins is loaded with magical fantasy creatures and world of warcraft tier weapons. I once had a shield in the game that spewed purple poison nonstop from a magical face embossed on it.

Attached: 20171108134345_1.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Just make Black Flag 2 with bigger, more detailed carribean and asscreed is redeemed for me. Or do the indian ocean piracy, but asscreed. Not that terrible GaaS multiplayer vaporware they announced couple of years ago and then it disappeared

That image displays an explicitly non-canon boss fight that is not commented on by any character or tied into any storyline in any way. It's just for fun. And if I remember correctly, you have to go out into the middle of nowhere to get to it anyways, so you only go there if you want to.

Like I said before,the only mythological elements in the story are either stuff you hear about from talking to characters and hearing egyptian lore & culture, or the one instance of a drug-fueled dream sequence where you fight the Lord of the underworld (who is a giant serpent)

Attached: xhuddkfkujq8fsuyswmz.jpg (1920x2716, 569K)

Ok here's something that IS part of the story. What was this shit all about? Or that magical dog lady? You're such a bullshit artist.

Attached: 20171107165309_1.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

I have no idea what that screenshot is or what magical dog lady you're talking about.

I'm assuming it's something from the DLC, but I didn't play the DLC, and I don't really care if the DLC delves into Mythological subject matter as long as the main game is relatively accurate. (Odyssey definitely didn't do this, the main storyline in that had you hunting Cyclops, Medusa, Sphinx, and Minotaur for your 300 year old father Pythagoras who lives in Atlantis. Fucking ridiculous)

Attached: george-vourdoulas-cyrene-city.jpg (1920x1080, 820K)

They're both mandatory boss fights from the main storyline. What are you, some shill who didn't actually play the game or something?

Origins was full of fantasy cartoon nonsense.

Attached: 20171029003523_1.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Ass creed never was about being accurate. Remember the fucking Eden apples and gods plot from the first few games?

Yes

id rather play far cry

a single item you work 3 games to use in a mission and has enormous amounts of buildup and lore behind it isnt the same as looting an enemy and getting a light saber with which you replace your poisonous sword and then proceed to use attacks that cause area of effect explosions around you and kick enemies to the moon

Attached: 1563220411463.jpg (850x1157, 370K)

Oh the hyena lady, I don't reme been anything supernatural about her. She was trying to resurrect her son with some weird ritual but it didn't actually work. I don't think it's implied it would have worked either it's just some misguided ritual.

And now I'm assuming the magical glowy pyramid guy you posted is from a post-assasination scene, those are all full of mythology and stuff about how Egyptians deal with death & the afterlife but those scenes are kind of ambiguously paranormal/canon. They've been in every AC game but it's never explained whether you're actually talking to the person, somehow, or if it's some kind of sixth sense thing where you sense what they said? Idk.

My play order, throughout the years
1 -> brotherhood -> 2 -> 4 -> odyssey -> syndicate
Very sloppy I know. What should I play next?

No, its not bad. on PC, its actually pretty great and has the greatest NPC density and movement of "traditional" AC titles. It, and its "partner" game, Syndicate are both good games and the last before Origin remade the combat system etc. I've enjoyed all of them.

The only downside of Unity was that some of the multiplayer segments (and the annoying app-based garbage though that may not be necessary anymore I hear it was discontinued) were really difficult if you didn't have good partners, and it made it difficult to 100% the game . Syndicate didn't have quite the density of NPCs but added a lot in terms of characters/progression (including 2 swappable characters with slightly different stats), and there was a lot of new modes of travel thanks to Victorian England setting (trains, carriages) and other neat gameplay dynamics (ie expansion pack had a jack the ripper investigation etc).

Unity and Syndicate were the end of the "traditional battle system" AC's for better or worse, but both were good games overall and enjoyable for fans of the series.

in the hyena fight, it eventually takes you to an\ outside arena where she can teleport, summon spirit dogs and also sandstorms.

I don't think she was supposed to be literally teleporting, it's just a game mechanic that shows how she's sneaky and can "disappear" into the storm.

Nope. She teleports. And summons literal magical dog apparitions from thin air.

You're really stupid, let me just tell you that.

By the way, Uplay+ is free for the next month.

Try the game for yourself. You have literally nothing to lose.

i just recently played through syndicate and if theres one thing i really took from it were the intricate and brutal and sometimes really long finishers
>that one where you break the dudes fucking arm after you ALREADY floored him and he is clearly done
fucking EDGY

Yea as a game mechanic her character model does "teleport" but it's just to be a boss fight mechanic and represent how she's sneaky. nothing more. And the dogs who attack you are just her pets. Some random chick who lives in the desert with dogs can't LITERALLY teleport.

I suppose it would have sated your autism if they had the character model actually move between points even if you can't see it because of the sand storm? Idk, that doesnt matter to me.

You may want to check out AC Liberation, specifically the version included in AC3 Remastered (ie the best version> The stand alone HD version on PC is older than the one included in Remastered).

Aveline (the player character) had 3 separate tiers of outfit styles that would drastically change what she could do and where she could go. Assassin gear (the one on most of her posters and stuff with the tricorn hat) meant she'd instantly have some heat on her if authorities saw her, but she could move as she wished and had her full arsenal of weapons and items to use. There was a "slave/worker" outfit which she could move freely but could only carry very basic weapons/tools, but if she followed other slaves and workers she could pick up a box or something and be let in places she couldn't normally get, go through servant's entrances etc. There was also a full frou-frou highborne lady's attire which she couldn't freerun at all, only had a close range assassin blade and a blowdart thing from her lady's fan etc... but she could basically go where she wanted and be real stealthy if played right.

It was a neat dynamic.

Played Liberation on Vita. There was potential but it was wasted. The Aveline segment of 3 was pretty good though.

>Arno was just too weak of a protagonist. Ezio playboy 2.0 doesn't fit this type of story that well. A more ideologically driven protagonist could navigate the mess of the French Revolution and find a better alternative.
Exactly my problem too. Arno is literally a lackey for most of the narrative, and even at the end when he gets some free agency we still don't really get to hear his perspective on everything, he mostly follows the lead of others. Hell, Connor from AC3 had a much more defined perspective on his revolution and that game's story wasn't very good either.
One thing AC3 did better was the villians at least. We knew almost as much about Haytham and his company than we do about Arno. And that's not even going into how half-baked of a wet towel Germain was for Unity's villain.

Attached: images.jpg (215x170, 6K)

>we will never get an AC game like unity again, instead we will keep getting this shitty witcher clone

Attached: Assassins Creed Unity .webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>Rogue top tier

Attached: RW1.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Indeed. Also the game was given away for free completely in the wake of the Paris cathedral fire, so many picked it up there on PC which was great - a nice move for Ubi to get awareness of the issue out and good PR( they also donated a lot to the restoration effort including the investigation/data they did when making Unity ), and players got to see Unity after all the bugs were patched and on hardware that would work.

Oh yeah, this was true but it kind of made sense given that Jacob and Evie were basically running a rough street gang during the era, so them (especially Jacob) being rougher than needbe wasn't exactly surprising. Did you play the expansion which took place later with Jack the Ripper?

For what its worth, the Liberation HD version and then the Remastered version fixed some issues with the Vita original in terms of mechanics, story flow, and others Sure the whole thing may not be to your liking anyway, but if it was some of the odd tedious things or broken up elements etc.. there's a good chance it was improved significantly (not to mention controls) through the iterations with Remastered being the best.

Reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=5DzsFMsIZPM

Its really good,but really short. People shit on it because of bugs which were patched

Yeah, there have been these kinds of enemies in many AC titles , including Odyssey for that matter. Where they throw a "smoke bomb" or otherwise obscure the vision (in the case you describe, in the sandstorm) and then disappear, becoming untargetable until they reveal again to attack.

Its a mechanic, but not "magic" in the canon sense of using an Apple or whatever.

the combat was more challenging and the game has good graphics but that's it, the rest of it is absolutely trash and made me stop playing Ubisoft open world games

>tfw joined too late to experience the COOP

Attached: 1535520117190.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

Based

>Did you play the expansion which took place later with Jack the Ripper?
not yet. i accidently hit it before finishing the main story in the menu not even knowing what it was and saw the first 10 minutes and it seemed pretty dope. forgot about it until you mentioned it though. how long is it?

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is the only good game in the entire series. You objectively cannot refute this.

Attached: 1558770422092.png (491x335, 322K)

>there have been these kinds of enemies in many AC titles
Such as?

>classic AC
>use stealth to get close to your target. When the time is right, kill him with a single strike then get the hell out of there without getting caught

>last two AC games
>Use this magical bow and arrow to kill a gigantic magical snake so you can save the moon princess, black """assassin""" man who is loaded with giant shields and spears for some reason! Don't worry about getting caught or escaping because whatever man. Go fight a steroids elephant next though!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

cringe

>any AC game where Altair or Ezio aren't the MC

Attached: 52471356735823465374.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

The last two ones are the only ones worth playing.

Attached: BEF237276223498D9E5780F7A1E00513.jpg (482x482, 34K)

@476710368

Attached: 1483861485855.png (882x624, 39K)

Modern AC aren't stealth games anymore, they are just WRPGs.

I've already told you how that snake scene is the one exception to paranormal shit in the game, and even then, it's a drug-fueled dream sequence where the character is literally lying on the floor of a shaman's hut the whole time....

Asscreed 4 also had a dream sequence where dead characters come back to life and talk to you, and enemy ships that would "teleport" in the fog, I suppose it's a paranormal game now too!!

This is a death sequence about a man who preteended to be Son of Ra, as in, an actual God. So his final scene is set to represent that. It is explicitly stated that he was a fraud and a liar in this exact scene fifteen seconds after. As for magical dog lady, I assume you mean Hyena, and there was nothing magical about her. She tried to use a precursor artifact, those were there since AC1. And hyenas can be tamed.

Attached: IMG_20190401_225727.jpg (2560x1055, 491K)

Actually made me angry how bad it was. You have this beautiful city in a great period of history totally wasted by the shittiest story since Revelations, a baffling, completely needless upgrade system designed to sell 8 different kinds of microtransactions, and the same horrible combat as Black Flag, except now they dont have the excuse of a swaying ship for why none of the animations sync up. I got this for free and Im still let down.

We literally did, they shat out Syndicate like 6 months later

If the game is set in France why the fuck did they only hire British people to voice the main characters?

syndicate is nothing like unity
>no coop
>no fashion choices
>no weapon variety
>shitty setting where parkour is basically useless
>stealth is devolved to abilities that literally turn you invisible
>introduce the worst combat in the series where you need to pound a dude 20 times to knock them down

Attached: The_Trickster_concept_images.jpg (1500x1466, 404K)

How is the French voice acting? I'm taking French now and this would be a fun way to learn more passively

because the french people voiced the french version you retard

>those leg warmers
g-guys why my pee pee big

Ubisoft is a French-Canadian company, they can all speak English with french accents there

>>no coop
Who cares
>>no fashion choices
As if anyone actually grinded enough for the ones in Unity
>>no weapon variety
Every melee weapon between Brotherhood and Origins felt like a drunk swinging a piece of rebar anyway
>>shitty setting where parkour is basically useless
The stupid hookshot thing makes up for it kinda
>>stealth is devolved to abilities that literally turn you invisible
But nonsensical instant disguises are fine?
>>introduce the worst combat in the series where you need to pound a dude 20 times to knock them down
Im still mashing LMB with the occasional ultra janky block every few minutes or just tossing an instakill powder

French accents speaking english sounds like shit

oh so you didnt play it, ok

Attached: Unity.webm (900x506, 2.84M)

I tried to play it three times, enduring the day long download, because this is one of my favourite parts of history, but only made it to the part where you kill that guy who keeps calling you pisspot great fucking characterization here ubisoft before the tedium of playing yet another Assassin's Carbon Copy got to me

>shitty setting where parkour is basically useless
While I agree with your other points I have no idea how you can say parkour is mostly useless. I've spent a lot of time climbing everywhere and the Batclaw is utilized but parkour is still heavily a thing, it's just that the Batclaw does trivialize a lot of the vertical portion of it. At the same time it's understandable why they added it, the distances between buildings is enormous so zipping across makes sense. The buildings in general are also way taller most of the time and houses in general are far taller.

The main cast is great with Arno, Elise, and Mirabeau being the best out of the lot. Easily all better than the English side. La Touche and Germaine are also pretty fitting. Civvies and side characters are a whole other issue. There's this one side mission where you have to save some random prince and it's a 30+ year old man model with a literal child's voice (Probably young Arno's) and it's incredibly distracting. When a thief takes a woman's purse and you hear OH VALERT or whatever the hell they're saying is also unbelievably annoying. Bellec is alright as is Bishop, but the further you stray from the main story and co-op the worse it gets in terms of anything really fitting.
Do note the lipsyncing is done to English as well so that'll also throw you off.

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Unity 2019-08-30 09-13-10.jpg (1920x1080, 760K)

But the game is in france

This, and it's also the best after all the bugs were fixed.

>Hey everyone look at me, I'm dressed like the grim reaper and I have a battleaxe on my back

Ah, so this is a stealthy assassin.

Has anyone else noticed that the orders you yell while sailing in Rogue (assuming anyone else played it) are just Kenway's lines slowed down and pitch bent a little?

It was fun user but let me sum it up for you.

>A group of 3 elite assassins.
>Carrying one retard that can't stay alive and or hidden.

>the story wasn't as engaging in my opinion
at least I found it less boring than Brotherhood's story.

I don't know about that

Why does Altair have blue eyes and dirty blonde hair? Is this supposed to be based off the movie?

>3 better than 2
Now I know this list is bullshit.

I havent actually tested it because that would mean downloading Rogue again, but I swear the "Give me some speed!" and "Loose the t'gallants!" are the old lines slowed down.

Origins was fun. Best armor too. But damn if they should've just started a new IP with Origins and Odyssey, they're not AC games at all.

Attached: ACO_Eastern_Dynasties_Pack.jpg (710x559, 134K)

>Such as?
youtu.be/EvYc1tpYfQ0?t=535

They're still too close. Origins is still about a sneaky freedom fighter fighting against an evil order who wants to control society with alien relics.

Odyssey is probably like that too. I haven't played it. I just want a HISTORICAL game with no fantasy shit or ridiculous overarching lore.

>Instead of doing cool killstreaks to dispatch a dozen soldiers, you'll just be throwing smoke bombs constantly to speed up the action.
The entire purpose of them doing that with counters was to get away from the insta-kill combo gameplay. It was one of people's biggest complaints with the series that they could just kill an entire horde in seconds with year long counter times making stealth essentially a waste of time. Once you get a 5* or legendary weapon then the fights take roughly the same amount of time because an upgraded one can kill 5* enemies in two hits even without any buffs to your damage from your clothes, three hits for the annoying hat agile ones.
This is also why Berserk Darts also cost way more money to buy, have your guys die way quicker, and you can only carry a small amount of them so you don't just berserk a bunch of Brutes every single encounter.

Origins and odyssey would be better if they had actual missions instead of just checklist forts. Step in the right direction I guess

No
Unity is amazing
Best combat
Best parkour
Best style/graphics
Best open world
Best customization

Every single AC game (at least AC2 and beyond, but even AC1's puzzles, real world story, and last part of the game) had a good dose of sci-fi conspiracy stuff alongside the historical setting. Hell, Ezio fights the fucking reigning Pope with his magical staff to unlock the secret vault beneath the vatican! It isn't like this is something that has only been developed since Origins or whatnot. There's always "ancient assassin blueprints" and other repositories of knowledge unlocking tech beyond the era, magical maguffins and more.

Each game and especially grouping/series of games (ie Ezio Trilogy, Americas Quadrilogy, European Duology, Origins + Odyssey ) iterates on the formula but the central mix is always there.

I cannot and it would be even better if it wasn't part of AC.
But Ezio was fun

Hm? There are plenty of missions. There are both the kind of dynamically generated simple missions (ie grey icons), the side quests, main quests (gold icons), and Lost Tales (blue icons) all of which are story-based and can have multiple choices both in dialog and objective.

Sure, there are tons of forts to clear and whatnot but none of that is required - its all just there for extra XP, etc.. If you "need" to go to one for a quest it will be stated. I personally am a completionist so I clear out everything, but Odyssey (and Origins before it though not with as much depth / branching choice system etc) has lots of real missions besides clearing landmarks.

All those missions are all forgettable copy pastes of "go here, kill x, loot x". They can barely be called missions

If I liked Unity, will I like Syndicate?

Yeah and I never liked that stuff. I just want a historical fiction story, no aliens, no fantasy, no overarching lore

I see how you could say that about the grey auto-gen missions, but not the others. Sure, some of them involve going places, killing (or not killing), finding (or not finding) items, returning (or not returning) them etc... . but that's not all they are.

I just finished one of the Lost Tales where I had to help put on a play. I had to go find 3 different actors - each one could be played by the legit actor or get the "wrong" guy. Of those two depending on decisions I made after finding the guy, I would impact how they'd play their part. I'd have to go and fetch either the cheap swill or the good wine (the latter in a more fortified area) etc and eventually take the stage and decide to either use the crappy things the director wrote or the authentic historical lines. Based on around 12 decisions the play can go a myriad of different ways. Sure, you had to go places, fight people, find items etc... but that wasn't the only thing by far.

Perhaps, if you like the Victorian setting. The NPC density isn't as high, but there's more scale to the city and means of traversal (ie carriages, trains) etc. You can play both a male and female character as you like, with slightly different skill sets between which you can swap anytime not in combat if I recall. There's a lot to enjoy overall if you like the setting and gameplay. It uses the more punishing/in-depth combat of Unity vs earlier AC titles where you could just "wait and counter" the entire time and autokill everyone, so it can be quite fun. There are varying different sorts of weapon styles, gloves/knuckles, kukris, sword-canes, as well as various upgrades to armor in both stat and aesthetics.

Can't remember how long exactly, but yeah it takes place several years after the original story so its best to be played as an expansion. There are some new dynamics/abilities and it is kinda "separate" as you don't just have all the same gear from when you started out earlier. Still its nice especially with some of the more stealthy, investigation gameplay and combat vs some trained opponents besides just regular mooks.

>It uses the more punishing/in-depth combat of Unity
I would say it ditched unity's combat and turned it into a button mashy fighter

The controls are changed so some things are really annoying to get adjusted to (Particularly sneak on A and it's a toggle when you just spent the past 70+ hours with it on LT). The customization isn't even remotely as generous as Unity but there is some stuff, and the weapon variety shrank significantly to three weapon types (DLC items are also completely broken, don't touch them). The new things they did add are pretty neat, not-Berserk Darts feel fun to shoot from your wrist and they're pretty good, from what I've seen of the electric grenades they're very powerful, and the ropecaster helps get around the enormous distances but feels a bit ridiculous as if you're simply Batman. Carriage driving is actually a lot of fun and I love the races with them. Fighting is easily the worst part, enemies get outpaced so quickly once you get even to around level 5, you fling yourself around as if you're on hallucinogenics that it looks idiotic, it feels horrible compared to even the older AC games, and the only decent fun I've been having with it is seeing all the multi-takedown animations even when fighting level 9/10 enemies.
The lighting is also still there so the game looks gorgeous 90% of the time even if Unity looked better, and London in general is pretty great to explore.

Evie is cute and reasonable but Jacob is insufferable and basically dives in headfirst with a plan more than anything. I'm not too far into the story (Only sequence 3, been mopping up every area) so I don't know if things will drastically change but that's my first impression. They both also feel like genuine terrorists.

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Syndicate 2019-09-03 09-01-13.jpg (1920x1080, 521K)

Sounds good
I do like the Victorian setting so I'll probably get it then
Thanks user

Late to the topic. Is multiplayer still alive? This just hopped into my backlog.

Sounds like it's worth to get since it's so cheap these days

It is. Be sure you get the Gold version to get all the content including the extra missions/ expansions, and deluxe stuff.

You know, if you want to play it soon go and use the free month of Uplay+ - Ubi is making their subscription game service free to everyone to try out for a month and you get ALL their games, including the "best versions" of them all (ie you'll get Ultimate Odyssey and Ultimate Division 2 etc). So yeah, at least its free for a month and then $15. If you think you want to play it soon and/or can finish in a month you can do it for free even without pirating. Just another option.

Based.

It's the only good AC game.

I might try Uplay+ but I don't think I'd be able to beat it in a month so I'll most likely buy it