Yakuza 7 new details

>Unlike Kazuma Kiryu, Ichiban Kasuga is not a man of immense strength who can march into enemy territory by himself. He fights alongside his friends, and the game system that best expresses this fact is an RPG.

>The April Fool’s video was well received. Since we never said that’s how its going to be, the legitimacy of the praise is another question entirely.We want to prove that Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio can properly create something other than an action adventure game.While it may have been a decision that deviates from assured income on the business side, upper management recognized our courage to take a leap of faith and go down a new path.

>This is a numberedYakuzatitle because the studio considers it a true successor of theYakuzaseries.

>By developing and leveling up your characters, you will be able to compete against stronger enemies.

>The concept ofYakuza 7is to be able to experience a “rise up from the bottom.”Character abilities, preparations made before battle, combination of party members, and strategies will influence the outcome of battles.

>There are no elements where traditional forms of action step in.It feels as if you are playing an action game.Rather than play out a set “scene” like your typical command RPG, the surroundings are calculated and controlled in real-time. If there is a trash can or bicycle nearby, you will automatically kick it to attack. If a car passes by, it can run you over. Judging your surroundings is another form of strategy.

>Each attack has an attack range, and you can also deal area-of-effect damage.

>The flow of the story is the same as the episodes depicted inYakuza Online, but everything from character relationships to events is different.

>Overall gameplay time is longer than previous titles. The main story alone is more than twice as long.

>By playing sub-stories and play spots, both Kasuga and his party will become stronger. You can also earn money, experience points, and skills.

Attached: Yakuza-7-Battle-System_08-30-19.jpg (600x338, 80K)

The best part about yakuza is being one singular dude, go in a building, and wreck seventy ripped dudes by yourself

hey i know, lets remove that

>You can set jobs for characters.

>You can also play it like a pure RPG where you earn experience points and level up through battle alone.Depending on the party member, there are both jobs that are easy to become, as well as jobs difficult to become.

>The game uses a symbol encounter system.

>There are also enemies that appear out of nowhere and turn into battles.

>The feeling of walking the streets is the same as previous titles.

>The map size has significantly increased, and some areas have strong enemies that cannot be defeated unless you develop your characters to a certain level.

>There is a fast travel system.

>There will not be any areas blocked off due the story. Instead, strong enemies will act as barriers.Like an RPG, you can equip a weapon and accessories, as well as head, body, and leg equipment.

>Then:
Light attacks, heavy attacks, grabs, dodges, heat moves, weapons
>Now:
Menu appears, you press X and then diceroll happens, then you press X again until fight is over

We're only a couple games away from PC releases being scrapped and we just get Chinese mobile games.

>We're only a couple games away from PC releases being scrapped
god, yes, please. then maybe yakuza can actually be discussed on Yea Forums again instead of just shitposted against.

I get both diehard fans of the series and whiny faggots might get alienated with this, but as someone who has only played a couple of hours of Yakuza 6 (and it was mostly side content), Im looking forward to this. I might buy a Yakuza game to experience the series as it is before the new game, which one should I get? 6 or 0?

What would be discussed on Yea Forums? There won't be a Yakuza anymore you mong. Unless you think "discussion" includes the sort of shit you see in chink mobashit threads you see on Yea Forums and /vg/

Got a source on all this, champ?

i work for sega

oh shit can you tell me when the new sonic is

>The main story alone is more than twice as long.
so 100 hours

Do these retards not get how April Fool's works? Make it a goddamn spinoff if it was so well received.

I thought this was suppose to be a mobile game?

>Unlike Kazuma Kiryu, Ichiban Kasuga is not a man of immense strength who can march into enemy territory by himself

The fuck, he's weaker than Yagami?

Attached: 1564653466936.jpg (620x670, 76K)

>>Overall gameplay time is longer than previous titles.
Yeah because we're stuck in a shitty turn based combat mode watching repetitive animations and grinding the same mobs over and over again. Yeah this was in previous Yakuzas too but the difference is dealing with 3 thugs in previous titles took 2 minutes, now it will take 10 minutes instead. Since they are going for the RPG angle expect a tonne of grind and no longer being able to just git gud and blaze through shit via skill.
>The main story alone is more than twice as long.
Great, so lots of unvoiced/partially voiced dialogue while the camera zooms in on the in-game model's face with a text box below. Also possibly some "branching paths" that aren't really anything more than a few dialogue changes.

They didn't add more quality content (or even content at all), they've just added a lot more tedium.

inb4 how do you know it's shit it isn't even out yet
Anyone who has been playing games for more than 5 years knows this is exactly how it goes.

Attached: 1547636693653.jpg (217x320, 19K)

Not really. Yakuza fan boys seem pretty fucked in the head

Anybody who doesnt recognize yakuzas combat is absolute shit doesnt deserve to be listened to

are you seriously playing as an afro jap?

This right here. You want to be a tough Yakuza motherfucker who fucks people up. The other alternative would be going with a more gritty and down to earth game that gives more of an authentic feeling of being in the Yakuza.

However they did neither, in fact it has possibly gotten even more whimsical and weird judging by the screenshots.

If actual combat is shit, then what the fuck is turn based supposed to be? Making something shit even shittier doesn't make it good, you mong.

This. Playing Yakuza was like being the protagonist in a bad ass martial arts movie. This new game was made for onion boys that can't handle having any sort of action in their games.

So Yakuza ends at 6. Very sad. Hate to see it go.

If you play any of the past games before this, you might get disappointed in the combat system change. Better off taking the dive into this shit fresh.

since its an rpg, the animations and attacks will look more like a bad ass martial arts movie

>some areas have strong enemies that cannot be defeated unless you develop your characters to a certain level.

Attached: trashman.jpg (600x800, 79K)

Why would I? Im aware this will be turn based while past games where mindless beat em ups. So which one I should try? 0, 6 or Kiwami?

>This. Playing Yakuza was like being the protagonist in a bad ass martial arts movie.
yeah remember when Jackie chan paused the fight to drink all those stamina drinks and health items when he was getting his shit pushed in?

>he uses healing items in Yakuza
lol, well now we know what audience they were aiming for with their turn based shit.

did you just make most of this shit up?
cause they've only really talked about the combat system.
i haven't heard them state how long the actual game is, and other details.

will this be the greatest yakuza of our time?

When are Yakuza fans going to admit they're actually closet fujos that like shirtless men?

Maybe for people that never liked the rest of the series.

Jackie Chan doesn't need pause

Attached: jackie chan.jpg (987x710, 52K)

Consider the following - Yakuza series is the only japanese game where male nipples aren't censored.

you act like the other yakuza games' combat was on the level of ninja gaiden black or something when it wasn't even close.

0, since 6 is kiryu's last chapter.

>nagoshi might've spoiled a part of 7's story
big whoops on him, but i sort of expected that to happen in it.

Why would you make a Yakuza game without the god tier combat?

>during final boss fight ichiban tattoo changes from carp to dragon
>combat changes from turn based to traditional beat em up signifying ichiban finally being strong enough to replace kiryu

Yagami is the most chad Yakuza protag

guess i'll copy paste some actual shit nagoshi said, instead of only relying on op who looks like he mad a bunch of shit up.

>Yakuza 7‘s setting, the city of Isezaki Ijin in Yokohama. Nagoshi said the game’s whole map is a bit more than three times bigger than previous games. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio gave a lot of thought about the setting and even thought about making Yakuza 7 take place outside Japan. In the end, they set on Yokohama mostly because it already appeared in past games. Nagoshi also spoke about how players often ask him “please feature my hometown in the next Yakuza game”, so they took a lot of time deciding the setting.

>Next, they spoke about the new “Live Command RPG Battle” system. Nagoshi said they initially thought about reusing the action gameplay, improving it even more, but they couldn’t think of anything else they could add. They also wanted to do something “fresh”, hence why they went with this new system.

>Nagoshi also mentioned the battle GUI they showed isn’t final and will “change quite a bit” before release. As for what will change, Nagoshi said the final interface will be different than the RPG classic “choose a 1st option, then a menu opens with more options, and then you pick something and it happens”. The final game will have an “action-like interface”. Nagoshi added that the final interface will be “so intuitive and action-oriented that muscle memory will kick in after playing for a while”.

>Nagoshi said they didn’t want to make a “sluggish” game like a “very old RPG battle system”, so you shoudln’t worry about the game being like that. You should try out the game at TGS 2019 to see for yourself. He ended by saying “most people who don’t know Yakuza 7 and see it playing will actually think it’s an action game”.

this was all said at the preview event they held for the game.
i think yokoyama spoke about the battle system in a bit more depth and mentioned how with certain attacks your button presses can influence the attacks damage.