Why are jap games popular in the west now

Attached: 1567098170596.jpg (3300x2550, 3.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/07/dc-comics-writer-tim-seeley-admits-major-problem-of-comic-book-industry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Feminism and degeneracy ruined the west and people want to consume media for an actually likeable culture

Games like zelda, ff and resident evil have always been popular in the west, jap games in general aren't any more popular now than before.
Eastern games are way more degenerate than western games the fuck are you talking about

They always been popular since the 80's.
But on the last generation specifically we let the US take over gaming for a while and they fucked it up.

enjoy being a sexless virgin for the rest of your life user

western game development stagnated, while smaller japanese studios/teams coincidentally released strings of really good games. this happened over the span of some years

The west has gotten too big and too greedy for it's own sake. All they can think about is pandering to the lowest common denominator and injecting Microtransactions into every facet of the "game". They also tend to get preachy on politics which nobody likes.
The japanese on the otherhand while having some politics in they're games, don't feel preachy and don't treat the player like a 5 year old.

These threads are so fucking braindead retarded. its always someone asking a leading dumbass question then someone responds with their injected world view as a retarded """answer""".
>question: why do girls find my dick to be so big?
>answer: because you're chad and chad's have the biggest dicks

genuinely true at this point

American games have become a corporate nightmare of greed

Attached: 1560271285314.gif (500x282, 156K)

>now

Non anime weebshit has always been popular in the west
Have sex you ugly fat faggot

Anime and manga as well. American cartoons and comics are totally dying.

Its not that Japanese media is getting better, but the west is now only making woke entertainments and people are slowly but steadily getting sick of all of them.

And remarkably teenagers are just consuming mainly japnaese media. It means the west lost the generation of the audience.

DC Comics Writer Tim Seeley Admits Major Problem of Comic Book Industry
boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/07/dc-comics-writer-tim-seeley-admits-major-problem-of-comic-book-industry/

They've been way more famous in the past.
Japgames now are rather in a low.

Yes, "now".
You may not be old enough to remember but back in the 7th Gen, Sony screwed the pooch with the PS3 at launch. That also coincided with the mid 2000s recession which for a $600 system is NOT GOOD. Not only that but Japanese games had a very hard time adapting to the 7th Gen at the time because the Jap companies were trying to imitate the west with gritty realism. This is what killed Jap gaming back then aside form DS, Wii, and PSP. When the Japs stopped trying to copy the west and make their own shit for once they started to enter a renaissance, which unfortunately too until 2017 to fully get Jap gaming out of the doldrums.

*which unfortunately wasn't until 2017*

Are you retarded? Nintendo and Sony are both Japanese companies, and have dominated the gaming industry since the 80's and later 90's.

This

The real question is the rise of non-Japanese games, not the sudden interest *in* Japanese games.

that narrative was very cherry picked.

western media was only praising dudebro garbage games, fucking lame ass indies, and multiplayer last gen making fun of japanese game like "they are "gay". they are "inferior" etc, despite there being many interesting jp games, and impressionable retards like you were just riding on the media bandwagon. what western games are so good from last gen. most of them are either shitty TPSs aping RE4 or multiplayer FPS or else trashy open world games.

now their narrative changed and they are only pushing woke games. only woke games are being "critically acclaimed". and western devs cant pour money into the latest technology anymore cause their business model was like gambling.

You realize Japanese companies almost entirely dominated the American gaming industry up until the launch of the Xbox, right?

He wasn't born yet back then.

To be honest, the entire premise of this thread seems based on basic ignorance of the gaming industries past. Reeks of Zoomer.

He's an European

I hate this obnoxious zoomer logic that japanese games are popular in the west NOW. Do you cunts even know what was the 5th and 6th gen of consoles? Japan dominated the entire market back there, not only in games, but in pop culture too, just see what was the anime craze of the 90's. Compared to that, japanase products is far less popular in the west nowadays, but of course you ignorant idiots would never know that.

Yes, pick the 7th gen, the ONLY gen in story were the west managed to pick up the pace and surpass the japanese industry, just ignore literally everything else that came before that, you cherry-picking cunt.

>American games have become a corporate nightmare of greed
Japanese games are getting to be just as bad with DLC/microtransactions

US made sony exlsuives is what keeps the playstation brand afloat. otherwise it would've died after the PS3. the top 4 or 5 best selling games on PS4 are US made exclusives.

>Capcom and in-disc DLC
>Squeenix recycling a mobile game and selling it full price on consoles
>Nintendo capping their NES emulator to force players to buy their official controls
>everything about Konami and pachinkos
>everything about gachas

Boy, I'm sure glad corporative greed doesn't exist in Japan.

The West has no culture.

If you people had experienced the 80's and early-90's you would know what true japanese popularity looked like. There was a reason people were literally predicting Japan would surpass the USA as a global power and dominate pop culture back there. Shame Japan cucked themselves with the lost decade stuff and now China took their place as the Asian super power.

fpbp
the digits have spoken

Yeah, it has so little culture thats Japan is stealing it all the time.

It takes nerdy interests about 20 years to become mainstream.

>people were literally predicting Japan would surpass the USA as a global power and dominate pop culture back there
No, they were predicting japan's economy would surpass the US. american movies, TV shows, music etc were not at all threatened by Japan.

I hear you about Capcom and Konami, goddamn, what a shit show.

It's true and the resetrannies here don't want to admit it

I should have specified that I was only talking about the 7th Gen. I'm more than aware of previous gens and how Japan dominated the industry. I was specifically referring to the decline of Jap gaming in the 7th Gen.

It's a different kind of degeneracy. Eastern games seek to satisfy the natural degeneracy of humans (perversion, violence, mostly perversion) why western games pursue unnatural degeneracy (gender reassignment, puritan values, backwards philosophy)
Eastern games play to base human nature, western games (the ones we're talking about) seem to be trying to change that.

this is true, I've come to the realization that the last 5 to 10 games I've truly enjoyed and made me happy to play games again were japanese games, but I fear that the rising popularity of these games will cause the jp developers to try to "overcorrect" their own games by adjusting shit in the localizations in order to pander to international audiences, hell I believe they did something to the yakuza 3 ps4 remaster and removed a sidestory involving some tranny. Eh, atleast the jap games aren't as preachy and filled with american politics.

>now
they have been popular sionce the 90 you retard

>now
Pokemon? Mario? Zelda?
The most popular and memorable games are from Japan

Hakuoki is shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Western games are almost always the same shitty FPS game, boring gritty realistic shit, or something somewhat creative but assfucked with SJW bullshit.

well said user

westerners can't make games for shit. indie games sure but not big titles.

I mean, I haven't actually played a good fps in a while.

Western devs are afraid to deviate from the norm. Aside from indies all "AAA" games are military sims and open-world sandboxes with a hint of story.

>Western devs are afraid to deviate from the norm
Bruh, you say this like its not a Jap problem as well. The thing is there's a few studios that do creative shit every now and then in Japan since many business men see the value in creative minds with orginal ideas, however much like the west there's plenty of "we do this because other company did it and made lots of money". Its a lot more obvious in the anime/manga industry however. The more you consume Japanese media the more you realize they have an unhealthy obsession with tropes and copying shit in general, its just exotic to you at the moment since its not the content you grew up with.
>We make gatcha like the other companies now!
>We make jrpg that plays like the 100 other jrps now!
>We make the 15th entry in a series thats been running since the 90s now!

so what western devs handle it.

Because most western games let feminism and degeneracy ruin them, only a select few western games are worth getting now, when the west gets it together then their games may be worth buying again, also stop with the movie games and battle royale trash.