Why don't you own a backward compatible PS3?

Why don't you own a backward compatible PS3?

Attached: 1567567729078.jpg (3024x3024, 1.05M)

Because I have a ps2+hdd

I own a PS2

I have Japanese launch model that overheats and sounds like a jet engine.

Have a super slim which has much better design aside from the top loader, and own a fat and slim PS2.

because ps3 is shit
emu is better

mine YLOD

As the launch units where made like shit & it gave me a ylod years ago.

because i have a pc, idiot

You could also own a cinderblock. Both are functionally the same after the unavoidable YLOD kills the PS3.

anyway to get a ds4 to work non-tethered on cfw?

Because it’s been proven that you get the same if not better picture out of a ps2.

PS3 offers nothing favorable in terms of backwards compatibility unlike the Xbone.

Why did Sony decide to use the Spider-Man font for the PlayStation logo lol

I can't think of a single worthwhile PS2 game which hasn't been ported to a better system at this point. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Attached: 2012-06-20-1340149497542.gif (192x224, 25K)

Persona 3 FES and 4 as Golden and Portable are objectively worse. Yakuza 1 and 2 as the remakes are soulless granted there is a ps3 and wii u port collection of them but never released outside Japan. .hack original 4 games.

I've beaten persona 3 (on PSP) and persona 4, to me both were mediocre games that I beat mostly out of boredom. Though they have a lot of fans and good reviews, so your point stands.

I've heard the new yakuza 1 and 2 are better than the old PS2 version, you sure they are inferior and you aren't just being new = soulless?
I haven't heard that much positive about .hack.
In total it doesn't seem like there is so much left on the PS2 - especially not for me.

SSX
Bouncer
VF4 Evo
Tekken 5
Shadow of the Colossus
Kingdom Hearts

SOTC and Kingdom Hearts have ports to PS3 and PS4

>SSX
What about SSX Tricky?
>The Bouncer
Has mediocre reviews at the time and sold poorly. I haven't played it but are you sure it's good?
>VF4 Evo
Good call
>Tekken 5
Good call
>Shadow of the colossus
The PS3 version is superior in every way that I know of.
>Kingdom Hearts
The ported versions are superior once again, especially with 60 fps support.

>The Bouncer
that game is almost universally agreed to be garbage

One is a remake. Doesn't count.

Tricky is a completely different game with different mechanics and OST.

Bouncer was awesome. Then again, I love beat-em-ups

SotC is unique to PS2. The other versions don't maintain fidelity to the original.

PS4 SotC is better in every way.

I do

Attached: here.png (257x706, 51K)

Ace combat zero, 4 and 5

The video upscaling from the ps3 is inferior to an actual ps2, and you can buy a ps2 for like $30.

because im poor

@476690618
(yuo8

It's ded
I also have a ps2 and PC capable of emulation so no biggie

Onimusha 2-3-4

Well PS2 and PS3 emu is pretty decent now so why spend >$300?

Ah, I thought tricky was just a 1.5 of the original game with some added content. I have only played 3 though. I take it it's good despite being the first in the series?

What fidelity was lost in the PS3 version of SotC? I don't remember anything lost, only all the framerates added.

The PS3 version of SOTC is still much better and retains the original aspects of SOTC from PS2

I have a Slim PS3 and a PS2. And they'll still both be working in a year.

Wrong, the grip gauge is broken. I think there are some graphical changes too, but I don't care about shit like that.

Because I have a PC, lol

What the 60gb model? Tried looking for that, but I think they cost more to manufacture then they could sell. I remember sony lost money for every unit sold on those initial models. Settled for a non-backwards compatible instead.

I used to, but they are about as reliable as the 360, and it failed.

I did but Skyrim killed it. I swear the only game to have made my PS4 crash is also Skyrim... Serves me right for playing that game.

Because I bought cheap 40GB model and it god ylod. Apparently every FAT is doomed to ylod.
And PS2 games were still running at interlaced resolution, I can connect just use my PS2 for that or even use software mode of PCSX2 piece of shit of emulator.

You should play it on PC and let it crash that too.

mine broke, bought a new one without knowing it wouldnt have backward compatibility long time ago. I was pretty annoyed.

I remember on PS3 the further you progressed in game, the worse your frame-rate got until it was unplayable. Haven't touched skyrim since.

My hacked ps3 slim can emulate ps2 games too.

>kills

You know, its just a thermal paste replacement...

I did actually.

why would you use anything but beetle-psx for playstation 1 emulation?

'cause they're the most unreliable model

>inbe4 its dusty

Attached: IMG_20190904_185507.jpg (624x832, 186K)

That you had to know about. And most ylods were probably caused by chiplegs getting melted.
I had ps3 from release and mine died before the whole ylod thing blew out. I had it reballed but it was too late anyhow

I've had a PS2, 360, and Wii for a long time, I never saw a compelling reason to get a PS3.