Could visual novels be considered videogames?

Could visual novels be considered videogames?

Attached: RootLetterLA1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2qo-hwI-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Technically, any software that requires human input to go from an initial state to a final state is a game.

Yes

Yes, in the same way picture books are still considered books but for retards.

Yes, because they are

movie players are games?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2qo-hwI-o

Why do you think snoys defend their cinematic trash all the time?

Why has root letter been shilled here latley? It was such a bore i didn't even finish it? Is it because the live action version is almost released?

if it has minigames or some management system, yes

Depends on if they have any actual gameplay. Sengoku Rance and all Eushully (as far as I know) are VNs with heavy amount of gameplay. they are undenyably video games.

but most VNs aren't video games.

Well, Detroit become human is considerated a videogame

They can be. Phoniex Wright, 999, Danganronpa all have elements of being a visual novel while being great vidya.

>generic shitty tumblrstyle self-insert avatar
>(let me explain why)
>le epic relatable cynical "witty" commentary!
Hope someone guns down this bitch and throws her corpse off a bridge.

Yes. I see CYOA as a type of game too. But Kinetic Novels not, fuck them.

Yes, and anyone who considers them not video games has to come up with some weird definition of video games to discount them. Everyone that matters considers them video games.

If they have some kind of game included.
You aren't "playing" a vanilla VN in the same way you aren't "reading" via audiobook.
I have absolutely nothing against VNs aside from the dumbass "quirky and subversive" shit that was only funny maybe one time, but that's just the way I see it. I honestly would consider it closer to /jp/ material 90% of the time.

Attached: 1551869167981.jpg (590x400, 83K)

I think as long as there is a lose condition such as a wrong option leading to a bad end, then yeah, I think it's fair to count them. Kinetic novels, not so much

what are you reading right now user

I play that game and the "young woman" in your pic was a 33 year old there.

The story takes place in 2014 as the present and 1999 as the past.

Probably only boomers can into it.

It got like 98% of its sales overseas, so PQube might be advertising Last Answer lot, which makes people wanna make threads about it. I adblock, so I can't say.

I have no idea how it got so popular, it's god awful in every regard except being a tourism advertisement, but now it's getting a live action remake, TWO live action movies, and a sequel.

>ummm actually Visual Novels have you click things in order to get other text prompts
>games where you walk around and actually physically interact with the world and have unique gameplay are games so my novel where you click text prompts every half hour are
>Ummm actually these games take skill because you won't get a good ending on your first try so basically it's dark souls
>Ummm actually these games require as much input as a "choose your path" book so basically it's dark souls
>Ummm actually you can get a bad ending and die in some of the games so BASICALLY they're dark souls, sweaty :)))
this bitch is just aggravating

If there's any choice whatsoever, yes.

They literally are video games by definition. Zoomers these days seem to forget that it's VIDEO games, not just games.

Yes

Play the Science Adventure Series Yea Forums, you're missing out on some great experiences. I actually encourage you to at least play one of them

Visual Novels are essentially just a book where you pick a path. Games like rance and shit are more like an RPG with a shitton of dialogue, because they actually have a fuckin' game in mind other than "ooOOOOOOOoohhhhh if you pick THIS option they'll do THIS" It's so barebones that it's not really a game at all. If you like them, fine, whatever, I don't care, but they're really just a fucking pick a path book.

Pic related is a Visual Novel

Attached: club-penguin-pick-your-path-2-the-inventor-s-apprentice.jpg (900x962, 173K)

Chaos;Child was kino, can't wait for Robotics;Notes to come out in the west.

If they have choices, a good ending and bad ends that can be got by your poor choices they are technically computer games, yes, albeit in general very very very easy ones.

haven't played 999 but the other two have more detective / puzzle elements, barely a visual novel

>Yea Forums can't tell the difference between adventure games and visual novels
>Yea Forums thinks DanganRonpa,999 and Phoenix Wright are visual novels
>Probably can't tell the difference between a VN and a dating sim.

Absolutely fucking embarrassing.

Attached: vczll9gfpaj31.jpg (1712x1450, 150K)

>I think as long as there is a lose condition
Video games don't have to have lose conditions, I don't know why you think that's a qualification for being considered one

Danganronpa is considered a visual novel by every gaming site and by Spike Chunsoft themselves.
>B-but I don't think it is
Man you're a faggot

name one?

>Danganronpa is considered a visual novel by every gaming site
And they're literally wrong.
>And by Spike Chunsoft themselves
lolno

Attached: Capture.jpg (298x165, 9K)

That wasn't very cash money of you, sweaty.