Thoughts on youtube a a game video platform? Is it getting worse...

Thoughts on youtube a a game video platform? Is it getting worse? Is it easier to start up a gaming channel than they say? Was thinking about doing some vids once a month just to test the waters. What's Yea Forums's experience been like?

Attached: some kinda logo or something.jpg (474x474, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JoG_b0KfMy0
imgur.com/a/Sa8Qd1K
youtu.be/q8uy-vhhr5g?t=2630
youtu.be/63S7FYpbJ3U
youtube.com/watch?v=lykn-8R8sRs
youtu.be/U_8uwMhrjbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic related
This change in the algorithm killed all gaming channels on the platform and its been confirmed that video games are never allowed to grow in the way entertainment channels are.
They are considered second class channels.
Organic growth is now impossible as all places Yea Forums included view sharing OC even created inhouse is no longer allowed while shilling heavily for corporations is encouraged.
Corporations have successfully taught communities that its members are garbage and that they should consume only what is paid for to be served to them.
Its all about corporate image now and paid for large channels with private contracts with fed opinions and basedboys shitpost down everything in contrary to the corporate agenda as well as the bots/workers assigned to "clean" the content.
The second wave of this destruction is discord where all content is now divided into millions of random discords and content is deleted on sight by power hungry moderators.
There is little to no community to be found anywhere anymore.
Its really sad.
/vg/ is a joke and just shitposts from furries and waifu spam and nothing about the game itself.

Attached: YouTubeCurseWords.png (870x2776, 958K)

unless you shill like a madman and have no shame you will never grow

>NOOO WHY DOESN'T GOOGLE PAY ME FOR SCREECHING RACIAL SLURS
>MUH COMMUNITY
get fucked shitkid

For reference saying poop too many times triggers a profanity flag. Meaning basically every video game.
Bleeps trigger the profanity flag on a lesser level.
There are multiple levels of flagging per each category according to youtube's creator inside channel.

A game like Overwatch has guns and is considered violent content and will trigger the flag which means everything is considered violent.
An army men game has the word army in it, so its considered a sensitive social issue flag and a tragedy and conflict flag and a violence flag.
If someone else uploads the game, it will flag your content based on their content's flag rating even if your content is clean and FCC ready.
The ai can read thumbnails and identify objects just like google captcha like your video about "Best sniper Rifle" will flag on the word and the picture of the gun for violent content. etc.

If you share your content anywhere, you will be massively downvoted and then have to listen to everyone complain about having corporations and kids fill their youtube feeds with minecraft and fortnite.

Also the system even flags your content and channel based on the comments others leave on your videos as well as flags your channel based on the videos in your private playlists or favorites too.

Think to yourself
"would I watch some random faggots videogame youtube video with less than 10 views"
if the answer is no, don't start a youtube channel
if the answer is yes stop lying and don't start a youtube channel

better off doing live streams on mixer/twitch

Its not racial slurs.
You misunderstand the level of conservatism in the ai algorithm.
Its literally ANYTHING.
If you said poop like 5 times in the video.
You might as well have said nigger.
You saying shit. Flagged.
You using the word "racial" or "slurs" in the video will flag it for controversial.

this guy saying madman will probably trigger a flag for violent content

Getting demonetized with the yellow flag is different from getting flagged.
As far as I know there are many different hidden flags on accounts.
Accounts are rated: Babies, Kids, Preteens, Teens, Young Adult, Mature.
Hence why minecraft and fortnite are pushed so hard. Fortnite mostly because of numbers and probably paid off on youtube but it still falls in preteens.
Minecraft videos are kid channels so they get boosted hard.
Everything else is told to fuck off.
Someone like jontron or dunkey or vincesauce is mature adult and is only able to push numbers because they have the subs and the view counts to exceed the 200,000 views on a video to push past the ai 33% limiter.
But even then, they are getting restricted.
This is also why pewdiepie went back to minecraft because the ai can push it and wont push his other content and youtube wont do it either. I imagine they allowed him to grow and gain those bigger audience groups and then flipped him back to minecraft to push the ads.

TLDR:
You make content for 5 year olds or you get blacklisted.

maybe you shouldn't have built your community on being edgy and toxic and then advertising companies wouldn't shun you

Exactly. There is no growth in this content even if its what people enjoy from the bigger channels.
You can't go against the google leftist agenda either.

But even then, being "le edgy and toxic" doesnt have any applicable value to the argument.
Even if you were the cleanest person ever like a nun, but you play Dying Light 2, then the algorithm views you as being a person who uploads "dying" videos with the word "mother fuckers" in them even if you cut it out, because someone uploaded the videogame with it saying motherfuckers and it was flagged making your content flagged as well. And since "dying" is a word that appears in gore videos, the ai thinks you uploaded a video of a corpse and welcome to the blacklist, even though you did nothing wrong but made an informative how to guide video to help people out on a boss or whatever, that had nothing edgy or toxic or mean etc at all.

>Also the system even flags your content and channel based on the comments others leave on your videos as well as flags your channel based on the videos in your private playlists or favorites too.
Welp, deleting my playlists I guess.

Attached: nothing to chuckle about.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

>muh leftists
>we good boiz dindu nuffin
>but also dilate tranny fuck niggers and kikes
cry more sperg

There is a reason all the YouTubers play Minecraft. You say "damn" and you get demonitized or age restricted. I can't wait till this bubble bursts

What I find weird is there is definitely stuff you can advertise to that demographic, which is probably why you see the rise of in video advertising. Of course what's funny about that is you can just skip around the ads

Its not a political thing but maybe some of it is, but probably not.
But they are leftists and you have to view everything with a leftists goggles.
You might consider your hunting video game to be a family friendly activity since you hunted animals with your father as a child.
But youtube is leftist and views hunting and guns as a controversial issue, violence, and gore.
So even though cabela's big game hunter or Monster Hunter or left 4 dead 2 hunter are rated E for everyone, they are multiple flags waiting to trigger by youtube based on the "hunter" keyword and every other thing related to them like guns and ammo.

I think this is where a lot of people who are on the right are triggering the system and blaming it on a political bias, when they are just misinterpreting how the ai has been programmed to think and how its learned based on how people talk online.

minecraft is hardly related to gaming, it's just glorified chatting with fans and other youtubers content
your "community" of toxic shithead edgelords isn't as big as you think, it was only prevalent at the early days of the internet but now as everyone has access to the internet things that are evening talk shows and comedy on youtube are more popular because normal people like those, not autistic manchildren screeching about niggers

>Was thinking about doing some vids once a month just to test the waters
travel back in time 10 years and this might be a good idea

>Is it easier to start up a gaming channel than they say?
It's easy as shit to start a gaming channel, it takes 2 minutes. The challenge is getting views and subscribers

It depends on the videos you'll do but 12 uploads a year is nothing and would give people very little incentive to actually subscribe to you. I post a couple 3-4 times a month, still not much but I'd say that was the minimum, and I have almost 30k subscribers now and make £2000 a month

>it's not a political thing
>but the ebil leftists are censoring my degeneracy free based and redpilled christian content
cry more and guess who are and have always been the biggest advocates on censorship of profanity and violence, christians, conservatives and boomers
normal people in general, whether it's left or right dislike violence and profanity, you're being filtered because you're a weirdo who revels in weird nerd shit, and normals don't like that

Is that from ad money or memberships?

>video games are never allowed to grow in the way entertainment channels are.
IS that why there's so many anime channels with hundreds of thousands of subscribers?

Purely ad revenue, plus my videos are longer than usual so I have a couple of mid-rolls per video

And how many views is that? I'm just curious because I know channels with about 30k subs that upload every day for 5-10k views and I wonder if that's good or not.

Who are you quoting?

that's not how you use that meme

I personally get 900k-950k views a month for my channel as a whole

15* years

nothing you keep saying has any relevance to what im saying
youre just on some witchhunt rant.

>476677984
Who here is complaining that their favorite YouTuber can't use the nigger word aside from you lol. It's almost like you aren't serious about what your saying and just baiting for (you) by being intentionally contrarian haha

And the money is after taxes right?

Also how the fuck aren't action movies the most popular thing as a rule of thumb? It's as if hes just being intentionally dense

>waaaaah the leftists are censoring my violent and profane content!
>christians and conservatives do the same
>hurrdurr that don't matter witchhunt
retard

I don't have a YouTube account, but the money I receive from adsense on my website is before taxes.
Although where I live hobbies aren't taxed until they turn into a real business.

It depends how much you earn, in the UK you can earn 12.5k a year before you have to pay any tax

Ahh so it's not youtube ad money but from a site you run that has your videos?
Yeah it's the same here but there's a threshold, I think it's like if you make more than a 1000 bucks a year from your hobby then it's considered a business and needs to pay taxes.

The YouTube guy is a different person.

It all goes through adsense, if you have a youtube channel you'll still be paid through adsense

Do playlists on other youtube channels you have affect your other channels? I'm scared my shitpost playlist on one channel might affect my main channel but I have no idea how any of this works.

Attached: wow.gif (250x227, 975K)

I just search "ass pussy" and watch girls getting Brazilian wax.
Thats youtube for me.

I guess it's relative but my country is pretty fucking poor so it has a lower threshold. But if it's 12,5k a year and he makes 2k a month then he has to pay taxes as well.
Oh okay.
I see but my guess my original question about the taxes regarding the 2k a month hasn't really been answered.

>my videos are longer than usual
t. 10:05

based

youtu.be/JoG_b0KfMy0

>I see but my guess my original question about the taxes regarding the 2k a month hasn't really been answered.
Well you'll have to declare whatever earnings you make anyway
>But if it's 12,5k a year and he makes 2k a month then he has to pay taxes as well.
The thing with YT is that earnings is not always a guarentee, I've been making £2k a month for the past few months but previously to that it's been 1.3k-1.5k, I've earned 11.7k for this year so far, so next month I'll hit the threshold where I start paying tax

Streaming really is the only option for Youtube gamers then

>roastie

Attached: 1564948820316.jpg (500x300, 52K)

>GILF

fucking YES BRO
THIS IS WHY I GO TO YOUTUBE

>flags your channel based on the videos in your private playlists or favorites too.

Really? Is this documented anywhere? I don't get why that would affect YOUR content if they are other people's videos.

Yeah I make a little bit of money on the internet as well and the consistency is confusing. Sometimes I make more sometimes I make less so I'm not sure when I would reach the limit.
But basically if you include taxes then the 2k would be about 1,4k right?

Lot of people in here crying that the big bad multinational corporation won't give them free money if the people that pay them (advertisers) want nothing to do with them.

YouTube doesn't owe you a set amount of money for everyone that views your video. The people that pay YouTube want nothing to do with you. You're cancerous to any kind of money.

Im not sure, but I do remember seeing a picture where a guy got a community strike for one of his playlists. I dont remember if it was a private playlist or if it was other people's videos in his playlist.

I filled a bunch of playlists with kid friendly stuff that was related to my channel as a precaution.

Because having 300 videos saved of people screeching that taking boobies out of games is the death of western civilization is a massive red flag. They're protecting themselves in advance from the garbage you'll put out of your mouth somewhere down the line.

> when she start rubbing it to wet it
yea BOII

imgur.com/a/Sa8Qd1K

It should be more because the tax bracket for £12,501 to £50,000 is only 20%, it would be more like £1.6k after tax

youtu.be/q8uy-vhhr5g?t=2630

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS, YOU ALL CALLED ME CRAZY. so many gaming channels that peaked around 2014-2016 are fucking stagnant or completely DEAD, Youtube has been killing it's gaming side unless it's mainstream entertainment for basically half a decade.

I think the taxes here are around 27% but either way then the 2k after taxes generally speaking is in the 1,5k~ region. And that's about 900k views a month of ad money.

that's not so bad then, I hope you do well

right, but I was asking specifically about if I have two channels. Could I get a strike on one for a playlist on another one? This shit's fucked up.

youtu.be/63S7FYpbJ3U

I'm just summarising what I read in the thread, I make between 70-140 bucks a month. But I'm in a poor country living with my mom so it's meh, better than working in a factory.

Was meant for

> Yea Forums included view sharing OC even created inhouse is no longer allowed
They act just like corporate suits, just look at faggot man lives, he is a pathetic shill faggot corporate cock sucker.

Im not sure, but wouldnt they share an adsense account?
I imagine if you got blocked/banned on one account, it would stop you from making money on your kids lego gaming channel or whatever, since its the same adsense wouldnt it?

getting monetized on one channel doesn't get you monetized across all your youtube accounts.

I'm the same way, I've only ever done call centre or factory work which would make me borderline suicidal, it's so much better this way. The only thing is dealing with YTs shitty copyright system, I still get content ID'd every few month or so by random companies I've never heard of and it's not always a guarantee that they'll release the claim

Yeah exactly, the other channel still needs to meet the minimum requirements, even if its sharing the same google account

My nigga

I've always refused call centre job offers even if I got them, I worked as a janitor and a store clerk though. I'm not gonna say that they were that awful but just the fact that I have to spend 10 or so hours away from home, doing something I don't care about is just awful. And then the rest of your day is just preparing for your next day of work. I'd rather live on 50 bucks as a shut in than on 500 bucks as a wagie.

YouTube built up that cancerous community in the first place to farm ads. The only content YouTube doesn't want for sure is anything good, because it takes too long to make at the payouts they offer and they can't run as many ads on it.

It's not they don't want content with actual effort put in it (see the iddbuz doc, for instance) it's just you are only going to make money on the platform shitting out videos constantly. See any blogging channel, or how twitch has literally become a full-time job for z-listers. It's daytime television but for millennials and zoomers

But you have to run them both through the same adsense account dont you?
I would figure theyd see the adsense linked and just be like LOL NO.

Huh, why dont you work at gamestop? Or any store related to high tech?

Yeah you can only have one adsense, you can risk a ban if you try and have more

Because game stores don't really exist and everyone buys shit on steam? And I'm not that familiar with high tech.

Thats not totally true, there's still people buying games irl (mostly console users)

Work at mcdonald as a part time job and do your vids the rest of the time.

Fast, cheap, or good. Pick two and ONLY two. YouTube can't offer $1 per thousand views (cheap), only promote content that's 10 minutes long posted every day (fast), AND reasonably expect anyone to maintain any standard of quality.

Why do you think there's no animators, comedians, or honest scripted content hardly anymore? Not even daytime television reality TV could do YouTube - it's not fast enough for the low prices.

Not where I live, console gaming is basically nonexistent and there's maybe one small store in a mall that I know that sells physical copies. It's not like there's a shortage for that kind of work.
I'm thinking about part time work but for now I'm comfortable the way it is. Maybe if I get a little more pressed for money I'll look for part time.

How do I compare months using studio beta? I fucking hate studio beta

>console gaming non existent

Let me guess... Eastern europe?

Yeah.

Ok i understand.

I find it comical they let you give feedback on it, like they give a shit.

Yet it's incomplete garbage and you still have to access classic to do certain things.

Never thinked of moving?

You know with schengen space you can work in all of europe.

Yeah from what Ive seen, the streamers delete their vods to avoid the strikes system.

>thinked

I think he showed it in this video.
I dont really remember
youtube.com/watch?v=lykn-8R8sRs

They did this to animators as well. Something that required genuine creativity and at least weeks of work demonitized because it wasn't 10 minutes minimum. Youtube pretty much is just a music channel and a Disney-family friendly vlog channel now. Weird how they're desperately aiming for the commercial friendly TV enviroment when that was the reason people got sick of TV in the first place and flocked to Youtube.

Too bad there's no legitimate alternative. A site like Youtube is too much of a money sink.

>Is it easier to start up a gaming channel than they say?
Harder. Much harder. Humans are very bad at dealing with statistics, especially at the sizes involved in Youtube gaming videos. If they weren't not a single person would try it unless they enjoyed the process of making videos enough that they would still do it even if video sharing sites didn't exist.

I work for a Youtuber, she previously worked a proper job, something in an office so presumably reasonable pay. She quit to do youtube full time and she puts out 2 videos per day, that get views generally ranging from 40-100k (Usually around 50k). She pays me about 15-20$ per video. So there's something approaching a reference point. She does also have a merch shop but she doesn't push it hard and I kinda doubt it adds that much to her income but I wouldn't really know.

Not my main tongue, genius.

Makeup channel?

No. I'd rather not say what it actually is but in case it wasn't clear from the 2 videos per day part it's extremely low effort content. Also since I forgot to mention, she is American so that's the economic situation she's in.

>want to start making videos
>it's the worst time to start making videos
damn it
im late for everything

Attached: 1502402887716.jpg (719x686, 112K)

Realistically, what could a website offer that could actually be competitive against Youtube?

99% of channels are like this
>make content that can easily be mass-produced, every day (vlogs, "news" channels, channels that respond to reddit or social media, streams, etc)
>make videos over 10 minutes to maximize ad revenue but not TOO long (zoomers have low attention spans)
>pander to children (fortnite, minecraft)
>get shilled by or leech off of someone more popular than you (get mentioned by them, get involved in "youtube drama" with them)
>shill relentlessly on reddit and here
>pander to reddit or here using """memes"""
>cover recent games, because those get the most buzz and will grab the most views
>hope you don't get demonetized by youtube's retarded flagging system
>hope you don't get DMCA'd by youtube's retarded DMCA policy
>shill your merch
>get involved in sponsorships with other businesses (skillshare I'm looking at you) and shill them
>shill your patreon
>get lucky
And there you go, that's gaming youtube in a nutshell

What about sseth? He makes videos like every month. Yeah he includes memes in his videos and shills his patreon but the rest of that doesnt apply to him

I dunno if you realize this but there's a lot of channels on youtube. Like a lot. A LOT.

I want to get back into YouTube. I have not uploaded in months, but I still get about 2k views a month.

And he appeals to basically here, but won't have nearly the same impact/financial gain from youtube as the kind of person who makes "gaming news" videos that net 100k per vid but release daily. He has a successful patreon so get gets around relying on ads

TWITCH, it's live, it's more fun, it's more real

For pre recorded videos, Instagram, when you click on a video on Instagram it will show you a few minutes then ask you if you want to see the rest on IGTV, IGTV is where the full video is.

What if you make videos on jewtube to get a following and then start a twitch channel?

Or start a twitch channel and dump the streams to jewtube.
I'll say this, talking to your room and then editing is only practice for a live show with real time unpredictable interaction.

YouTube is a dead platform now. Everyone suffers from the shit that the algorithm favors. It's pointless now when all YouTube recommends is normie mainstream TV media. Don't even go to YouTube anymore. Google tracks you on top of that and sells your personal internet history to advertisers. Stay away from YouTube as a whole.

Attached: 1567430305169.jpg (640x481, 38K)

Realistically, YouTube's biggest competitor is any entertainment service that runs ads. Hulu, for example, which provides better content.

YouTube has been killing itself in the long run by farming ads on low quality content. Like they noticed an ad on Pewdiepie was as good as an ad on Bravest Warriors and revised the whole system to propagate Pewdiepies. Over time, the worth of ads had decreased dramatically because YouTube abused the system to make fast cash, and the people trying to make real content died or gave up.

So the future is with streaming subscriptions that produce content humans would want to pay for, instead of a free web service that uses bots to maximize ad revenue for this quarter alone, or until a congressional hearing looks into the malaise caused by it.

>For pre recorded videos, Instagram, when you click on a video on Instagram it will show you a few minutes then ask you if you want to see the rest on IGTV, IGTV is where the full video is.
That sounds fucking awful why would anyone ever want that when they could just watch the full video to start with

I don't know why they do that, but I only watch one person on Instagram, I don't really consume social media, and this person posts lots of videos, and when I go to the main Instagram page, all the videos are laid out as panels you click on, then it plays about 2 minutes of the video, then asks me if I want to see the rest, then if I click yes it goes to IGTV and continues.
So my experience is only that concerning Instagram.

So should I stop my longplay channel.
youtu.be/U_8uwMhrjbs

Subscribers have levelled off.

Attached: c668267b1853681e55761e700009b3fc23a23ced_hq.jpg (750x530, 31K)

In the scheme of creative expression? It doesn't matter, man. Literal children can make it doing what you do. A small child is currently one of the biggest users on the site. There is nothing here of value.

But in terms of making cash? If it's pulling in money and it doesn't arise you too much, why stop? Just cash in on a retarded, temporary paradigm and take advantage of the site and its advertisers before they realize more than half your viewers aren't real people.

If you enjoy doing it then keep doing it, don't worry about subs or views

I have a longplay channel, I'd say keep doing it. If you're going to play the games anyway then you may as well record it and upload it too

>relying on YouTube for income in any aspect
Lmaoing @ your lyfe
I just use YouTube to archive my streams and assemble little highlight reels and stuff. Counting on YouTube for consistency in any aspect is ridiculous

Attached: 1567209244049.jpg (960x806, 134K)

>342 views.
I'm jelly. My highest one is 40 I believe.
Also is this a shill your channel thread?