Last game I was hyped for was AC7

>last game I was hyped for was AC7
>tried playing fire emblem 3h and got bored after half an hour
>no interest in astral chain
>sod all coming out on ps4 or pc recently
>every game has to be an indie 2d sprite game or live service log in each day or forfeit any progress made towards rewards

I'm just getting real fucking tired of gaming right now.

Attached: ACECOMBAT7_GC2018L2_1534533774.00_01_59_17.Still065-1480x833.png (1480x833, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkeuWR0afgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bannerlord

Ace Combat is trash
>boom boom USA gud guys xD military stuff die in war is cool

>recommend me modern game Yea Forums
Amid Evil

I'm the same as you but I enjoyed Octopath Traveler on pc this summer

Not overly keen on the quake 2 style of art design they went with but I suppose I could give it a try on my hacked switch and then buy it on pc if I like it.

Iceborne this friday GOTY potential. Real talk you need to learn how to discover games.

I tried the demo for OT and really couldn't get into it. It just came across like any other run of the mill rpg maker game that's a dime a dozen.

I'm preety excited for KSP2 to be honest

after I had finished AC7 a couple of times this winter I went to Metro Exodus, then RE2 Remaster. Best gaming winter in a long time

The big problem is that the aaa side is dominated by live service games, Japan is thriving with anime tie in games and the indie market is saturated with 2d sprite platformers. It's becoming harder and harder to find new games to play since what does get released is largely trend chasers trying to find the latest bandwagon.

AAA has sucked dick for at least a decade dude and arguably longer. Indie and AA is where it's at. If you don't like any spritework you seem underage to me.

>skinner box game
>goty potential
yeah okay

Nah, 2d sprite games just remind me of how honestly shit the megadrive and snes were in general, I remember getting a 10 in 1 cartridge for the megadrive and playing golden axe and revenge of shinobi for about 20 minutes each before getting bored. It wasn't until the era of full 3d games like resident evil, metal gear solid and gran turismo 2 that I actually enjoyed games.

Gameplay makes a good game, so it's that or dmc5. What's your potential GOTY so I can shit on it.

That's some supremely shitty taste dude.

>The worse monster hunter
No thanks
King Dragon sends his regards

Not my fault that 2d hack and slash games were overly prevalent in the 16 bit generation and took about 5 minutes to master the gameplay because all you could do was jump and attack. The only variety available was the enemies that you fought. Your options as to what you could do were incredibly limited.

Compared to what? Gen isn't my thing and I've played Fu and 4U to fucking death.
There are a fuckload of other genres on the SNES. This is what I mean, you only play what the industry forces down your throat and don't look any deeper.

>Gameplay makes a good game, so it's that or dmc5.
Are you the nigger that keeps shitposting in DMC threads about how level and environmental design don't matter because the only important thing is combat? Go jerk off over Bloody Palace or something.

I can't be fucked with 2d games either dude you're not alone. PS1 is where gaming clicked for me as well.

>you only play what the industry forces down your throat and don't look any deeper.

Oh sure because everyone has been crying out for ace combat to get goty and xcom 2 is on everyone's wishlist, not to mention all the hype surrounding dragon ball xenoverse 2! Total sheep mentality there.

The most important thing is the combat without a doubt. No one was playing the series for the terrible puzzles.
Only AC is really obscure there desu bud.

Not him but what action game has the best level design? I'm beginning to think the more complex the combat gets the more simple the level design has to be. Sure you can put more effort into how something looks but if you are darting around doing complex combos and avoiding enemy attacks, I just don't see how intricate level design fits in without being clashing with the combat.

Most important in an action game sure but you still have to have a baseline for level/environmental design. If DMC5 was released as basically bloody palace, just basic room after room of a variation of enemies, most players would riot.

Xcom is a much more niche series than ace combat, the barrier for entry on those games is a real turn off for most people, and xenoverse gets shit on non stop for being another 3d dragonball game.

Yes but that baseline is very low. DMC5 removed the platforming and puzzles and I consider that a positive as someone who has been with the series since day one.
Xcom sold gangbusters dude. I think sales figures would prove you wrong but I've been wrong before.

>Only AC
It's obscure for good reason. It's shit

if your takeaway from AC is
>USA gud guys
>die in war is cool
then you are legitimately retarded

The nucom games do tend to do well because of the 'pew pew watch the bad guys head explode' camera angles which are really bloody well done, but as soon as your squad start dropping like flies from mutons or you get mind controlled by a sectoid, most players are out. That's what I meant by it being pretty niche. It really only clicks with a small group of players who end up seeing it through to the endgame.

I hope you take it to heart when I say that you're retarded.

>no u
youtube.com/watch?v=pkeuWR0afgY

except the USA counterpart in AC is stupid and incompetent and constantly portrayed as vicious

Yeah but everyone knows xcom dude. You could have said Pheonix point if you actually played anything obscure.

Go back to your dead general and top shilling your trash here. No one wants to play your Call of Duty: Aerial Warfare.

I'm actually looking forward to phoenix point, the gameplay I've seen of it looks to shake up the xcom formula enough to be really interesting and the monster design is real nice, I just haven't played any of the kickstarter demos, I'd rather wait for the full game.

>uses the one example of the game set in the real world and at the same time it's the worst one

>Assault Horizon
Literally disowned by the series' director