When was the last time a game put a big dumb smile on your face...

When was the last time a game put a big dumb smile on your face, while you thought to yourself "Holy fuck I love video games"?

Attached: 777.jpg (291x339, 21K)

Obra Dinn

SMO

Three houses today, felix on 5 HP manages to dodge two attacks with 85% hit and follows up with a crit. My ass was clenched the entire time

Running the last dungeon of Shadowbringers

never, video games are shit

Bravely Default's final, true boss

But that game was shite

NieR: Automata. finally got to finish the game a few days ago after waiting a year to buy new PC parts

Underrail.

based starsector

either dusk or blur, played both recently

The last one I played, The Talos Princible.

It looks nice and the puzzles are mostly fun and challenging .But the main highlight that make me giggle like an idiot is whenever the other Androids are literary shitposting on the walls, the main AI being a idiot tsundere or when having a nice philosophical debate with the snarky one.

I heard they cranked up the robot shitposting to our levels in the DLC so I'm looking forward to that.

Attached: Invincible texan man.jpg (584x622, 118K)

>didnt know anything about metal gear
>in 2017 had ground zeroes and mgsv sitting on my hdd since months unopened
>got super bored one day and finally forced myself to open ground zeroes
>"holy fr*cken shit!"
Finished both gz and mgsv in the next 2 weeks. great shit.
>inb4 mgsv sucked!
No. I hadn't seen the trailers or known about any kojima game at that point so I enjoy mgsv for what it is.

Easily the best platformer game ever made

Control's Ashtray Maze section.

anime name?

This.

Katana Zero, especially talking shit at interrogation and playing as the Dragon

Attached: flynn implies your implications.png (1000x1000, 620K)

shadow warrior 2, when i started hacking shit to pieces with a sword and they started falling apart where i cut them

Attached: file.png (1200x627, 1.33M)

the marvel game
i LOVE the marvel movies and when i saw that they were puttng superheroes to action i HAD to start screaming

Three Houses, it's fun as fuck.

Attached: 1566026930126.jpg (725x1024, 76K)

you didn't even cry? Such a strong man! I wept for a day.

god hand like two months ago

Nioh Alpha when everything shat on me

Unironically this. The X Mansion in UA3 is the best thing Marvel has done in the last decade. Easily the high point of the game.

In 2009

Lucky Star

Attached: ruckystal.jpg (1045x355, 57K)

The Metal Sonic fight in Sonic Mania

is this a funny anime?

I literally just played the fight in plus and felt they made it worse. I loved the one in vanilla mania.

Minecraft unironically

I liked it when I was 13, so probably not.

ah, I started watching that years ago but never finished. thanks user.

Looks like shit, you should continue to not finish watching it.

Vermintide 2 with a group of friends before the latest expansion fucked everything up.

Honestly the new form should have only been in Encore. The fact that you can't play the original fight kinda blows.

World war z

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is my most recent. They made Malroth so damned likable. I was so fucking stoked when during the final boss he helps you out by knocking shit back at the boss, gives you healing items (that HE made himself), and kept motivating you to upgrade the Buggy Buggy to be more and more badass throughout the fight. And before that, when he finally, FINALLY, built something himself after trying and failing for the entire game, gave me a big stupid grin on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling. An absolute fucking bro. One of the best companion NPCs ever.

Probably the last time I played TABG, even made a thread because I enjoyed it so much

>Play a round for the first time in months
>Launch too early, land in fuckass nowhere
>Swim across a river
>Find a helmet and nothing else
>Enter house
>Leave hastily as someone drives up on a bike
>Panic across another river with them taking potshots at me
>Find another house, only ~10 people left by now
>Sweet, bolts and a crossb-
>Person in the door
>Facing the other way
>...okay, my heart's started again
>Unload into his back, panic fight ensues
>Manage to win against a guy carrying literally everything possible
>Now have three guns and health packs
>Proceed to duel the next 3 people I encounter with an AK and a Garand
>Win
>Quit because I'm obviously not going to achieve that again

Attached: Nitro Head.gif (500x281, 1.96M)

Labyrinth of Refrain. Scratched all the autistic itches in my brain simultaneously. First time in years that I spent an entire weekend playing one game, with no urge to even try to leave the house.

Attached: Labyrinth-of-Refrain-Story.png (1521x856, 2.55M)

The first time I decapitated someone in Mordhau

Attached: 1525319374082.jpg (1024x724, 179K)

>psycho ass

Splatoon's final splatfest the other month.
The threads were great with everyone posting webms and arguing about which outcome is better, had all the special event maps from over the past two years come back, and the last new event map was really cool for anyone who played the expansion with one of the best songs in the game playing as the BGM.
It such a shame that the Splatoon community here and probably otherwise is so trash because I love that game so much.

Attached: 1544403841110.jpg (700x734, 80K)

For me, it was Grandia

Attached: 1547827636821.png (256x258, 183K)

>Partial Nudity
>Sexual Themes
>Strong Language
ok sounds interesting

My nig, Obra Dinn was pure fun and comfy

I just wish the battles didn't take years once you start filling out your three slot pacts or whatever they were.

Remnant from the ashes, the whole game, until the last the boss was just fun. The designs and inspirations mixing stargate, star wars, alien and darksiders all together just made it stood out as unique, its heavily souls inspired but the guns feel fun, the bosses are "mostly" well designed its just a straight up fun.

Attached: Plantman-Marvel-Comics-b.jpg (500x1010, 77K)

i only played grandia 2 and loved it,is 1 as good or better?

It's an old ass anime, zoomie. You wouldn't get even half of the references anyway.

>durr its old so its good
it looks like disgusting moeshit, why would i ever want to watch that, or anything it thinks worthy enough to reference

P.T

Ganking Alliance in Stranglethorn Vale in WoW classic. We had a 5 hour mini-war last night.

It references Initial D on several occasions, so you can that back filthy casual.

witcher 3 just for the ambiance while riding your horse through a field while the wind blows

I have to admit some of the Hollow Knight bosses got me smiling. They all have some dramatic flair and some voices (Dung Defender especially) are kinda funny.

Video games? Uhhhm..
But I had that smile just yesterday by hitting a new milestone when I was playing a riff by ear on my guitar. Felt great.

Towerclimb at the second section with the grappling hook, bouncy shit and crazy pulsing lights with the screaming predator enemy

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince.

Not normally my kind of game it was just too goddamned cute.

EDF 5

SW2 felt fucking awful to me, SW1 is much better

today playing dark souls 3

>trying to argue with post 2016 electionfags
You only got yourself to blame.

It’s not

Having a million characters seems interesting until you realize how bad NI fucked it up

kero blaster hardmode

I want to _______ Misao.

Unironically Astral Chain as soon as you get past the "tutorial" and the game starts letting you do all kinds of cool shit.

Lobotomy Corp

I like getting fucked to death by aggressive puzzles, and "solving" it only to have a shitstorm break out with the game disabling my pause button and demanding immediate action in the face of a nearly impossible encounter was amazing

Attached: the blue star lobotomy corporation.png (2480x3507, 2.96M)

you must be one of those retards using ice against ice resistant enemies and spamming m1 in melee

I'm one of those retards that prefer no gay ass loot and enemy scaling in FPS games, it's just poorly implemented in SW2, if I wanted to play borderlands I'd play borderlands.

so you're just bad, gotcha

Last for me would’ve been probably World of Russian Spyware and Boats last night pulling off a perfect torpedo dodge through a million torps whilst dumping mine into an enemy battleship.
And last Sunday completing Original Sin 2 with my gf by a hairs breadth in the final battle.

>you're retarded if you don't like my favorite game

>no replies
ouch...

fucking newfags reeeee

Two days ago

Attached: 1543170502226.png (399x382, 89K)

I finished the game, it was easy, much easier than SW1, doesn't really change the fact that it feels like a hollow shell of what it could have been if they didn't decide to go full retard and implement every shitty game design choice imaginable, if you seriously like EPIC LOOT (that trivializes the game) and having only a few pseudo-random maps I dunno what to tell you.

The DLC has the robots run a bulletin board. It's pretty good

ah yes it's much better to have only one viable weapon for dispatching trash and preset levels

Crafted levels are much better than random levels, and the weapon balance is far superior in sw1, most of the trash I picked up in sw2 was completely unusable.

Underrail less than a month ago.
Pathfinder a month prior to that.
DMC5 and Sekiro earlier this year.

Attached: 1547836476331.png (320x320, 90K)

>weapon balance is far superior in sw1
t. played on casual
try it on insane/heroic and you'll be restricted to the katana only for trash and crossbow for bosses

Red dead redemption 2

Unironically, playing Ikaruga in Senran Kagura. Before that I got it at final mission in God Eater 3.

Attached: download.jpg (205x246, 7K)

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Attached: Best Girl.png (578x480, 341K)

Destiny 2 a couple days ago. Soloed all of Shattered Throne. Felt good, man.

Attached: 1560963465226.png (500x500, 275K)

Pretty much every 10 minutes in Your Turn to Die

yesterday with metal slug 2.
The more time goes, the more I think /vr/ was right all along.
Recent games can do some good, as I've loved the recent hitman games or some scenes in the last fire emblem, but metal slug is pure undiluted fun, a lost marvel.

Attached: marco laughs at you.gif (150x150, 3K)

what moment was that? the shitty unpolished combat, with scripted scenes interrupting every fight or garbage minigames?

Unironically Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Attached: 73CA6FD0-9E06-4E3E-BC8B-A5ECB1C4C26B.jpg (724x1024, 118K)

the story had me going more than anything. combat’s fine, just too many goddamn machines to sift through

The Wonderful 101. There are a few really great VIDEO GAMES moments throughout the game, but the final boss fight is one that got me. I don't even need to explain it, anyone who's played it will know what I'm talking about.

Honorable mention to the E3 trailer for Smash Ultimate. I went in blind and the EVERYONE IS HERE caught me off guard.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus when I realised this thing was an actual boss fight with phases, at level 4 on the very first floor of the game

Attached: blossombeast.png (361x240, 112K)

Gravity Rush
Shantae and Pirates curse
A hat in time
Mario kart 8

Something about Henry...

Attached: BigHenry.jpg (700x628, 194K)

Last night, halo 3 griffball, me and one guy on my team weren't AFK while all their team were clanfags, fucking wiped the floor with them.

Why do you play videogames

I'll never understand the praise about Hat in Time and the simultaneous hate for Sunshine even though Hat in time is just worse and less polished mario sunshine.

Running around exploring in Breath of the Wild. Winning a good match in Street Fighter. Going fast in Bloodstained at the end of the game. I love games.

Attached: lum dance.gif (244x226, 509K)

>simultaneous hate for Sunshine
Out of curiosity, are you getting this information by going into Hat in Time threads and saying that it's a shit version of Sunshine? Because that's how you get people to say something they're actually ambivalent about is shit

Gungrave and Gungrave Overdose.

No, I played a fair share of it and while I understand what the devs tried, the lack of polish is a bit grating to me.
Sunshine is my favorite mario mechanically but it's often described as the "worst 3D mario". At the same time I've barely seen any criticism about Hat in time while it's mechanically sunshine but a bit worse.

The Sunshine haters and the HiT fan crowds may not completely overlap, but I'm pretty sure they partly do.

timotei

Unironically watching that 15 minute gameplay demo for CP2077.

Last weekend. Downloaded Doom 2 for 5euros, and it was 1994 all over again for me.

I think most of the people who hate Sunshine is down to fludd being used for the majority of the game, while the slick movement is relegated to special rooms

that's obvious, there is no cunny in Mario

Best girl

Attached: 1520029252465.jpg (619x989, 66K)

bloodstained, haven't played a game that held my attention for over 12 hours straight
based lum poster

KI 2013

Attached: RADIOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (540x734, 66K)

>Drill Dozer
Third Gear, motherfucker.

>EVO Search For Eden
Literally the 2001 A Space Odyssey of video games

>Pix The Cat
More intense version of ChuChu Rocket, fucking cool game

>Various Castlevania games
hadn't played them before and they are great.

>Kuru Kururin
Hard as fuck puzzle game about piloting an ill-conceived flying machine through a maze

Games are great.

>Run going to shit
>Boss is wiping the floor with my team
>About to throw the towel
MANY FALL IN THE FACE OF CHAOS, BUT NOT THIS ONE, NOT TODAY
>Absolute madlad turns the tide of the battle and kicks the shit out of the boss

Attached: Stalwart_Man-at-arms.PNG.png (710x484, 407K)