I cannot for the life of me picture Carmack existing in anything but modern times

I cannot for the life of me picture Carmack existing in anything but modern times

Like what the fuck would he be doing if he was born in 20 BC? Inventing wheels and fire?

Attached: john-carmack-oculus-vr.jpg (1500x1000, 317K)

Probably early astronomy

would he even be that popular if he started in the modern day game industry
i dont think so

definitely would be sucking Da Vinci's cock during the Renaissance

He'd be a serial killer.

well no, because he'd have revolutionized nothing

we would have to create some alternate history where he leads the next breakthrough in gaming

His hyper autism wouldn't be harnessed without the ability to code that sates his obsessive-compulsive disorder. He'd probably be the one caveman separating berries by color and size all day long, while everyone else looked at him weird.

>20 BC
>Inventing wheels and fire?
>caveman

You guys are pretty stupid huh

Where do you think you are?

designing torture devices and gladiator weapons and armor?
catapults?

If he was born into the elite he would have a chance of inventing something. If not he would be stuck in the fields like everyone else and probably get the shit kicked out of him for day dreaming.

He'd go to Greece and make a living blowing rich Roman kids' minds with autistic logic. He'd be a Socrates fan.

>He'd go to Greece and make a living blowing rich Roman kids
Say no more

>tutors blowing the students
"No!"

>Like what the fuck would he be doing if he was born in 20 BC?
he'd be locked up and lobotomized for claiming one day the abacus will evolve into a such a device that it will be capable of creating artificial worlds to interact with

Carmack is only as good as the period in which he exists, he coasts along with progressive technology absorbing information but having a minimal impact. hes more of an information repository than an innovator

He’s a sociopath. I can picture him raising to the top thanks to his shrewd mind. Then burning down Rome for no fucking reason and playing his lyre as he watches the fire

>probably kick the shit out of people for being in his way
fix'd

>burgers don't know BC is counting years backwards

He's far too white for that to be realistic.

This, whites were the niggers of Europe.

If someone with his talent. autism, and intellect came into the scene now, with all the resources and knowledge out there, I'm sure he'd revolutionize something somehow.
I think its more impressive that he did what he did, when he did it.

Carmack for FGO when?

>Then burning down Rome for no fucking reason and playing his lyre as he watches the fire
>Falling for propaganda MILLENNIA after the fact

Southern Europeans had a thing for Northerners though. That he wasn't a Med would give him extra points.

Are you retarded? 20 BC was 20 years before christ was born, when we already had wheels and fire.
You're thinking like, 3500 BC, but we still had fire.

But what would Romero be doing in 20 BC? Flintstones cars didn't need gas so he'd be out of a job.

He'd be a witchdoctor. The top dog of the tribe

you're retarded while being half way correct, the worst kind of retarded

Pretty sure he would get bored with separating berries real soon and maybe start optimizing berry harvesting techniques. Like putting down irrigation canals, making sure every berry is planted in just the right place to get the optimal amount of sun and water. Experimenting with soil types and fertilisation. After he optimized all that he would go on to berry processing, making jams, preserving berries for as long as possible with the least amount of nutritional loss. He would be a God among cavemen with his berry empire.

Or his lack of social skills might get his head smashed in by the others before that all happens.

underrated

>Romerus is about to make you his bitch

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162. We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Romerus and Carmaximus