Was Valor a good addition...

Was Valor a good addition? Seems like it goes against the fundamental gameplay loop of MH and is straight up better on most weapons.

Attached: SQ_NSwitch_MonsterHunterGenerationsUltimate[1].jpg (1000x1000, 624K)

It's a spin off game... Remind me again who gives a shit? Also anyone sperging about balance in a fucking PVE game needs to be lynched

I don't think valor is completely broken, but what i like about it is that valor long sword gets a risk and reward counter attack that you have to time perfectly with a monsters attack. adds another layer of satisfaction.

Situational because it sucks on some weapons but is really damn good on others.

I think generally the risk reward wasn't weighted correctly, evading attacks was easy and you didn't tend to lose much in terms of moveset but gained a lot.
If I had to make it punish you a bit more I'd made you lose more health depending on how quickly after you went into brave stance you got hit, so if you're holding it for a while you don't take a lot but if you're constantly using it miliseconds before an attack hits you eat shit eventually.

to add to this, monster hunter is a difficult game to master, but once you do master it, it can be relatively easy. The inclusion of valor might seem like a huge buff to someone whos already mastered the game, but it doesn't break the game to a newbie or even an experienced player.

As someone who just started the game yesterday Valor feels like it's carrying me on the Longsword right now but I don't know shit.

I'd argue it's less broken to a veteran because they are far more likely to already know exactly how to dodge everything with the stricter timing of guild, valor lets you ignore the timing element, the positioning element and it doesn't even really care about what type of attack it evades, you might take a bit more red but the majority of the time it's not a very significant amount.

This is now a Classic MH thread.

Attached: 2019052007244300-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

It's probably the best style for the majority of weapons but generations offers you the ability to choose how you want to play and it shouldn't always be the calculated to be strictly optimal way.

Valor is great because it makes low tier weapons like the Gunlance and Hunting Horn on par with the other weapons.

If you're using Valor with something like the Great Sword or HBG you're doing it wrong.

Great sword valor is crazy though

I really like it for greatsword, but I wouldn't really use it on any other weapon that I've tried. Just like I'd only ever go aerial style for dual blades.
I feel like certain styles fit certain weapons much better than others, but it probably has a lot to do with how you play the game anyway.

GU is one of the best MH games.
World, on the other hand, is one of the worst and for casuals.

Nah some styles are just objectively made for a certain weapon, it'd be very hard to make all 5000 of them equally fun and viable.
Aerial is extremely boring for a lot of them,

this game is garbage, a crystal clear case of quantity of quality. B-team really shows too.

quantity over quality***

I think it ranges from best to not even really monster hunter depending on how you play.
You get to play nearly every good monster in the franchise with some new toys, or you could pick something like adept dual blades and just dodge into them for 10 minutes and they die.

It's one of the best MHS out there

3U, 4U and GU

Aerial is a godsend for doing subquest runs where you just need to mount/break something. Plus you ain't seen shit unless you've used Aerial IG/DBs against Najarala.

World is bad too. Just because Iceborne add more neutered fan favorites doesnt make it good. World Zinogre in particular is a crime against humanity.

Attached: zinogre comparison - supercharged.jpg (1280x1440, 1.45M)

FU, 3U and GU are the holy trinity.

GU pretty much replaced 4U since it's mostly the same but with waaay better original content and no shitty story slowing everything down.

Isn't Valor HBG the best weapon in the game

Yeah it's got uses, and jumping off a monster as it's charging at you feels immensely satisfying.
It's just usually pretty one dimensional.
It's not as bad as alchemy, at least.

Attached: 1567519448971.gif (960x616, 382K)

>using anything other than Guild

No. But it has the fastest killtimes provided you're done with the post-game and get lucky.

> It's a spin off game...
You got it mixed up

World IS the spinoff, GU is mainline.

Attached: 2019090221415500.jpg (1280x720, 617K)

I always want to use Aerial but my biggest issue is it feels like 70% of the time I'm vaulting straight over them and if I'm hitting it's just getting lucky and barely grazing at the end of the back of the hitbox. I rarely get a satisfying coming down on top of a monster aerial hit.

So who's ready for a new Switch Monster Hunter to be announced in the Nintendo Direct

Dual Blades is good for that because you attack on the way up as well as down.

Leave the cats at home dude. That way the monster isn't moving around as much.

If you want to see what Aerial can do, try to get an S rank on the malfestio arena quest with the gunlance. I always start every game doing that to get warmed up.

Striker Lance says 'Hello'
but honestly MHGU/XX is an interesting mess of a game where the balancing of weapons with styles did more harm for many weapons then boons outside of using 1-2 selective styles on them that would more or less break the game in some cases. Adept DB comes to mind, along with Valor HBG. Only like GS and LS got fine tuned enough were you could honestly use any style and it still felt 'fun' and 'useful' with those weapons, while some shit like GL can't even -work- without being Striker/Valor.

2 days before Iceborne? I don't think so.

Oh wait, are you listfag? He's here, you know.

Tough SOB. Just got to him in 10star village on GenU and got triple carted.

GU is an old port.
World is the future.

>The rest of my team after I farcaster from Tri's Alatreon to answer the phone

Attached: z.png (1396x1046, 2.2M)

I prefer striker for lance

Striker for lance is basically guild due to the moveset augmentations

Lance is unplayable Guild. That third poke, holy shit. All the commitment of a double GS swing with all the damage of a fade slash.

This is now an Iceborne thread. Tell me which of the monsters you look forward to fighting the most. For me it's Garuga and Rajang, two monsters I've always enjoyed fighting.

Good double layered bait but I'm not biting bucko

He's getting desperate. He'll samefag that post for sure.

Technically wouldn't the third poke on guild be ideal if you were going for a status build?

>jumping off glavenus's charged spin with aerial dual blades

Attached: 1490571784506.jpg (230x232, 6K)

Every MH is for casuals.

Are the monsters in Iceborne going to be neutered to fit with the rest? I'm trying to imagine G/Master Brachy or Glavenus and I don't think they'd allow a monster to just detonate you in one hit from get fucked by blast ailment. That would make it too hard for most World players.

They’re completely fine with one-shot shit in World, look at ATs and crossover hunts.

teostra already has that

None of the ATs 1shot with full health gems which is what every shitter ever is going to run, aside from which requires the player to be mentally retarded to get hit by.

>mentally retarded to get by his fast paw swipe

>fast paw swipe
>1 shot
I see you are mentally retarded, okay.

It doesn't matter because none of the monsters are fun to fight in that game.

If AG does the swipe with instant blast detonation on contact then sure.

AT*

I didn't use it, but it was still a good addition. I exclusively played with guild SNS, but more choice is always good for players. It's PVE so balance isn't a problem.

>None of the ATs 1shot with full health gems
Nergigante's skydive does.
I even checked to see if it was a OH kill and used a trainer and the hit actually bypasses infinite health and you die.

>getting hit by Nerg skydive
lol

>there's no OH kills
>but there are
>but you can avoid them
See? this is moving the goalposts because according to you there's no single one in the whole series.

>actually bypasses infinite health and you die
wat

I think some of the ideas about valor style are good like building up a meter to unlock a more full moveset, but having a get out of jail free card on every single weapon on top of absolutely broken shit like valor LS make it poorly implemented.
GU was never really a game about balance in the first place, it's a crazy stupid anniversary game filled with crazy shit, and I like it for that, although I don't like that a lot of that crazy shit carried over into World instead of staying off on the side.

>whole series
Now who's moving the goalposts?

The trainer just refills your health bar every time you're hit, so if an attack completely depletes your HP bar in one hit, you die.
Kirin's ultra thunder does that.

You're the one who went
>That would make it too hard for most World players.

I didnt even try valour, stuck to adept after going through generations with it. Forever a scrub.

It's probably as much of a scrub magnet as adept, just with a better payout.

I loved valor GS
>fills up in two attacks
>insta charges from draw
>you can launch yourself at the enemy after charging
>lance-like mobility with the sword unseathed
It was so fucking good and so fucking broken.

No shit. Generations in general was just a testing ground for new ideas before they shove it in World. As someone who loved Generations, Valor was not a balanced idea at all since it literally gave every weapon a "press Y to invalidate every attack". While I can appreciate it on weapons without defensive mechanics, like Dual Blades, it pretty much took away any semblance of risk at all.

That being said I would like to see this gimmick adjusted and given to some of the weapons like Switch Axe, or once again, Dual Blades.

It's the absolute dream style for greatsword
>the evasive option automatically sheathes your weapon so you can go right back to trying to land a draw attack
>3 different charge options
>the charge outside of brave mode takes a bit longer but charges your bar nearly instantly

>"press Y to invalidate every attack".

Not accurate.

Valor CB is highly situational and is better for element phial.

Striker is still better.

Attached: 2019082416224400-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

It pretty much is, doesn't care about "unblockable" attacks or attacks with long durations and the red health you get is pretty small against any non hyper big attacks.

>Generations in general was just a testing ground for new ideas before they shove it in World.
Pfft. I wish world had styles. Adept GS is so much fucking fun but I play world much more often.

I personally find Valor Hammer terrible.

That's not true. No matter your opinion on the games, the devs have said that Gen is a 4th gen spinoff and World is MH5.

It's not about opinions. I like GU too but I don't need to cope.

Ariel Dual Blades or bust

Valor is trash, once you gitgud you go adept and you never go back. Adept cb is op AF.

Fucking kill yourself, Nintendie

For me, it's the Hidden Scythe

Attached: 2019082706262900-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

I can't stand Valor. Having a gimped moveset until you build a bar is a horrible mechanic. I like having everything from the off, like with guild. Toward endgame for blademasters the effectiveness of valor wanes as moinsters hit much harder and drain your health when you valor sheathe. Gunners is a different story as they absorb much less damage but I hate gunning in general anyway. Generally Guild style is underrated.

REMINDER THAT WE NEED DOUBLE NOTES BACK, I'M BEGGING ON MY KNEES CAPCOM

This. Players should play the way they want, not what the internet says is "the meta"

Dios Bell isnt so bad designwise either

Attached: 2019090305503900-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

i like how you can instantly tell when listfag wakes up and starts shitting up a monhun thread

It's nothing compared to the Rathian Bell though.

Not here to humor the guy, but capcom already deflated XX Switch's announcement by announcing World barely 2 weeks later. The precedent is there, but right now capcom has such a massive anti-nintendo boner that I highly doubt they'll even cook up a portable monster hunter anytime within the next 2-3 years.

So guys, will we be able to fight Zamtrios underwater in MH5?

Attached: 2019083117443700-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

I mean, you can already look at footage and clearly see that monsters like tigrex and zinogre look sluggish as fuck. World's entire pacing by comparison to older games is slower, and I always laugh when people say it isn't.

did you look into your crystal ballf or that? why does MH attract all these sooth sayer wannabe crooks?

Japan loves mobile gaming. And Switch. And MH. Not to mention Portable 3rd sold more in Japan than MHW did. Let's wait and see shall we.

Why the fuck am I not finding a physical copy of this game in any store in the Netherlands? Was looking to buy a switch but am now doubting because I can't find this game anywhere

I miss my boy Gobul.

does ebay not exist in your country?

It does, just not used very much

Please be advised, we've got trolls from the Iceborne thread here to smear the last classic MonHun

Attached: 2019082922301000-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 280K)

>did you look into your crystal ballf or that?
No, I looked at capcom's track record of releasing absolutely nothing of note for the Switch since it came out. Trust me, I'd love to see a new portable MH, especially since it would be easy money for Capcom, but their track record of Switch support has been inexcusably bad and shows no signs of stopping
>why does MH attract all these sooth sayer wannabe crooks?
This has very little to do with MH and everything to do with Capcom being absolutely retarded.

I think Valor's only balanced against EX monsters, where you lose a considerable chunk of hp by sheathing through attacks. Otherwise there's not that much risk of using the style

Eat shit, sperm.

Underwater isn't in world thank god and I hope it never comes back.
I would never smear FU.

>World
WHO

GIVES

A

FUCK

Attached: zinogre comparison.jpg (1280x1440, 1.19M)

Let me rephrase, underwater isn't in a single good monhun.

Attached: BANANA SLAMMA.webm (1920x1080, 2.36M)

Tri and 3U are good, and this is coming from someone with 1000 hours in 3U.

3rdGen still has better new monsters than World.

Remember when people had conversations with themselves they were deemed mentally ill?
This is just sad and pathetic

As someone who opts to use valor style because, the valor dodge is rather broken. The fact that it perfectly dodges anything, sheaths your weapon, and you can hold it has made it become a crutch for me. I feel like I had more skill back when I played previous games. But I also had more time back then to commit to get that skill. With valor, the fights feel more unga bunga but its what got me through g rank.

Attached: arts and styles.png (621x481, 62K)

Tri is the worst game in the series and 3u was pretty forgettable. Didn't care for third gen and felt like the series was dead after glorious FU. I came around eventually. 3u is fine I guess, just not on the level of FU or 4u.

Guild Style no Arts is the way to play.

No it was only in great Mon Huns :^)

This but with CB instead. 5% more axe damage is worth more than Shield Thrust.

>Tri is the worst game in the series
Literally had the best iteration of online play and the best versions of their weapons.
Like wow what a shit opinion to have.

Please, there's no world where Tri was anything but bad. I get it was your first. But it was bad. The way you feel about people starting with World is how I feel about you nerds.

The online was basically the same as it ever was. The weapons are better in several other games. It had a tiny roster and removed weapons. Also underwater was dogshit I don't care how often you revisionists try to change the narrative.

I assumed 3U was incredible as it was my first one. But as soon as I played 4u I realized it was rather weak. 4U is still my favorite.

Attached: horn scoins.jpg (800x840, 530K)

Man, as a long sword primary, Valor style was a welcome addition. Prior to GU, my Gen experience was using Adept but also being frustrated. It gave that fantastic evade, but it carried you away from the monster at potentially janky angles. Valor though? It was like it was made for LS. You get a damn guard point and can stick to the monster like a fly on shit. I'll sincerely miss it in the next MH without it.

Gentlemen, what do we think of Cute Catalina and Funny Felicity?

Attached: CyQ-OsLVIAAQRBM.jpg orig.jpg (2046x2141, 440K)

Cancer, getting her singing for an ending was a slap in the face.

>GenU
>Classic
u wot m8?

>valor
>not calling it brave

fucking zoomer kiddies I swear. didnt even know what you were talking about to begin with

H O R N S C O I N S

Lavasioth has come a long way since FU. The whack-a-mole phase made Lavasioth a unique monster.

Attached: 2019052212075800-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

shame they turned him into knockoff agnaktor instead of keeping the unique fight

>there's people out there that call bushido style "adept"
Truly the bane of our society

>Zoomer
Contextually inappropriate use. Given that that was your go to insult you are probably a projecting zoomer trying to larp on an anonymous imageboard. Let me guess, you watched a video of gajinhunter or another and pretend you actually understand nip and played xx before localization.

It's also super fun

I played before the localization and yes I do speak japanese you fat american :)

>the devs have said that Gen is a 4th gen spinoff
The only thing suggesting it's a spin off is that one report from Capcom which also lists 4u and the Resi remakes as spin offs.

Everything after FU is zoomer core, you're not an oldfag for playing the japanese or calling it jinouga.

>He didn't play MH back when the final boss was known as Miraboreasu and not Fatalis
Fucking zoomers

Do players like bow users?

Attached: 1566812749294m.jpg (910x1024, 92K)

I played MH1 when it released in the west aka the only sphere that matters.
Not really.

The gunlance rocket is easily one of the best hunter arts in the game, it's satisfying to land, leads into a full burst opportunity, patches a really painful flaw of gunlance and looks cool as fuck.

Ranged are generally considered second class citizens but you do you

>someone criticizes GenU
>b-but world is bad too!

what the fuck is with you bings and your inferiority complex

Which game is your favorite, I'm curious because the most likely one is also a very clear example of "quantity over quality"

I like seeing ranged just to have somebody mix it up. Almost always get longsword, dual blades and insect glaive when playing with randoms. I don't think I've ever played with a single gunner outside of betas where you functionally have unlimited ammo.

It's the only thing genfags can do since their title was regarded as anime ass that kept adding easy buttons while having an extremely boring escalation of monsters ("hey nigga you like the drones?"). So they rally behind it and pretend it represents classic mh when it was really just world before world.

Alchemy is fun I’ll have you know, great for longer fights like huntathons or fatties.

Attached: E55F21C1-83C6-4E91-B80B-9506BE8D56FB.gif (650x933, 647K)

Can you guys teach me how to use Valor HH? It just feels more annoying than good.

having to manage meter while you're managing song rotation seems dumb

Use valor attacks and then valor toot for fast songs. Or just use guild with that one song because it’s basically the same thing without having to sheath to flourish.

Been using Valor primarily on Lance and GL, is it really that fun for GS too? I main hammer most of the time but I wouldn't mind switching it up if valor greatsword/GL is fun.

>someone criticizes GenU
>b-but world is bad too!
that definitely goes both ways

another underrated style. the highest SP level dunks on enemies if the whole team is firing

is ultimate a rare find?

I just went to buy a copy the other day at gamestop but they said they were completely out of stock

Attached: Grey.png (460x640, 23K)

you can get it on amazon pretty cheap, probably on ebay even cheaper, it's not really that rare

How do I cope knowing there will never be another MH on a Nintendo system?

>weapons without defensive mechanics, like Dual Blades

Attached: 1552103672887.png (522x508, 380K)

The styles as they were implemented in Gen/GU are a very experimental addition, it's somewhat bloated and there's a lot of bad combinations as a result, with few weapons having it good in all styles and it's basically weapon + gimmick. Frontier did styles first and better, by keeping the scope to essentially swap out one motion or attack for a new one, like changing the GS charge to the upswing, SnS getting a rapier attack string, or replacing GL wyvern fire with a powerup mode for melee and elemental shells. Now that game also definitely had some of the same problems with objective best/worst styles and just did away with them later, but that kind of change would fit mainline's core gameplay better than Aerial/Adept/Valor.

Very fun on greatsword. Lets you cancel big charges into further big charges. 2 fully charged attacks will fill the meter and give you access to the full moveset.

mad

Attached: 2019051202492700-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

It's not like calling a MH game a spinoff means anything other than "it's not a numbered title." It's still canon to the series.